pastebin.com/stLT1bVc

randomcountry.gbasood.net/

Today in History, 13 January:

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayinnaung
my.mixtape.moe/efaorr.7z
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=823879357
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/mod-the-putin-mod-2015-2050.958548/page-51
ckiiwiki.com/Nomadism
youtube.com/watch?v=az0Gb7M1oVs
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-17th-of-january-2017.994909/
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-56-ascension-perks.994061/&utm_source=steam_community&utm_medium=community&utm_content=devdiary&utm_campaign=uto_stellaris_devdiary_20170112
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Red line represents ultimate goals, blue line represents more immediate goals. My main problems are

1.) Having trouble becoming a secondary power in order to leave Britain's sphere.
2.) Getting an ally. The war with Portugal pretty much alone was tough, and that's small fry.

Advice?

Like someone said before your industry will never go anywhere unless you raise literacy a lot, but it looks like you're already doing that. Prestige techs are largely a dead end but if you can afford one or two they can give you a big boost toward getting SP status.

Is it worth it to throw my whole country at France in order to tear Africa from them? Germany is my ally. I also plan to bully Spain out of their African ports whenever I break up their ally, Austria, who I similarly bullied out of becoming AH.

Meanwhile I beat Turkey so badly they became commies. Now my spherelings are ganging up on them for little concessions.

how horrifying

If colonization has already happened then SP status is basically irrelevant. No reason to pursue fake power through prestige when you could get real power instead.

I just want a GSG with

I just want a GSG that isn't relentlessly Jewish.

Germany will do an Italy on you.

That sounds more like a X4 game

Take Corsica while you're at it.

Played in real time!

So basically Kurds? :^)

You really can't escape the Roach menace in EUIV, can you?

Damn right, they need to make this. Also, have it based on population, more like victoria 2 not bullshit mana points.

For fuck's sake, if I'm not getting shat on by the retarded new combat system I get shat on by random event spawned revolts. My allies fucking refuse to help out, too, despite having access and much bigger armies.

I mean, clearly having Rhinelanders and Westphalians be at each other's throats is completely realistic and not some retarded anti-blobbing mechanism at all. Fuck Paradox.

Fucking love this game.

You monster.

You murder thousands in war, yet you kill one little girl and suddenly you're the "Mad Queen".

bullshit I say.

Apparently, once in a blue moon, you CAN escape the Kebab.

With the right allies you can hit them before they devour Qara.

Are there any GUD mods for HoI4 yet?

You can't fix what was never whole dude

HOI4 is shit at the base level
mods can't fix that

nut up and go play darkest hour

I think I'm about to get jumped by an SJW

Welp, she killed my useless as fuck bodyguard, with no effort.

However, she wasn't counting on me having some Valyrian steel

That's that then. Moral of the story. Don't fight the wars of your slut daughter, or else you'll loose a son, 1 commander, your personal useless bodyguard, and a shit ton of money.

Fucking love this game.

What's the most sensible army composition early on now in EUIV? I heard somewhere that cav is largely useless?

Was cavalry ever good in EU?

Cav is good early game when Shock is the shit but gets progressively more useless as time goes on. Also mind the fact you gotta always have more infantry than Cavalry, so always stack at least 3000 more infantry than you have cav.

As the game progresses and you get better unit types cav gets progressively shittier and you should really invest in artillery.

I raise a slut

Your line was pure shit already.

There's your mistake.

You know what to do.

I'm betting a lot of money on the baby being adopted, but still, the dog's face is just hilarious.

Stone Dornish are master cute race though.

Well, it's a matrilineal and she's queen not the poor sucker she cuked. So the kid is in my dynasty.

I'm conflicted.

Please don't call Corisca Africa.

Dude, change that, then kill her.

You should just go Valyrian and breed and land dragon riders until every civil war leads to burning of most of your realm (that coincidentally is most of the world).

She's been fairly competent. Unlike her shit head useless brother that actually did convert to Valyrian and married 2 of his sisters and some random Salt Dornish bitch.

I need to be Stone Dornish so the females in my dynasty inherit titles in case one of my guys kicks the bucket. And half of my kids have already switched to Valyrian. Which is cool because they can take multiple wives, but it sucks because they're marrying eachother. now, and they're under the my wife so I can't marry them off.

But she's a fucking whore.

Cav is only really good for Hordes (starts with way more pips) and Muslims (ditto, but watch insufficient support).

Everyone else aside from cheese like Poland's ideas is way better off saving their cash for more merc infantry.

In EU3 it was different since you both had more manpower and Mercs were far worse than regular troops, but EU4, once again, fucked up a decent system.

So I was gonna reign them in and revoke their royal privileges(I'm technically an Emperor and they are kings and queens and they won't wage wars without my permission now)

So I have to incite them to hate me so I can brand them a traitor if they conspire to get back at me

However as I have found out since the kids switched over to Valyrian they have been marrying their kids off. To include my oldest marrying my second oldest daughters, and second youngest daughter, and my two youngest sons marrying the underage children of my oldest daughter. And now the little shits have made alliance and are fighting our relatives in the west while I've been fighting the dothraki.

If I try to take their royal privilege they will team up and kill me. And 2 of those little shits have dragon riders in their court.

newfag to CKII here, which which the DLC/mods to get?

Buy all the cosmetic DLC.

Thanks lad

btw HPM is the best mod for Vicky2 isn't it?

"No"

Which is then?

BAI. Just as good without the bloat and railroading.

I see. I'll check it out, thanks.

But this and HPM are the only decent mods out there, or NWO but thats a modern day mod.

GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD: A FUCKED-UP CAUCASUS! (just like irl)
I've added like 25 new provinces with different, incompatible cultures. Now you're gonna have to work your ass in order to unite this shithole and Russia will be able to remove Chechens & assorted churkas from the 17th century onwards; extra points for ethnic cleansing.
Dagestan will have 100% more fun ethnic conflicts you can partake in; instead of the bland Shamkhalate of Gazikumukh occupying the whole area (and unifying Dagestan under one banner, which is a laughable concept.)

There's also new important and easily defensible choke points like Derbent, Darial pass and Ubykhia, those get a special defense bonus

All that remains is adding new civs (Avar khanate, Lezgia, Dzurdzurketia, Alania and cores for Abkhazia, Derbent, Shaki and the fractured Georgian Principalities)

is this a stand alone mod, or is it a VeF modification?

Partly, Islam, Mongolians and Russians thoroughly fucked the area. The Vainakh (modern Chechens) didn't adopt Islam until the 17-18th century. The Circassian tribes weren't kebab but rather Orthodox Christian till the 17th century. And then you get shitty turks which arrived with the khanates (earlier ones, not just the Mongols) also you get stuff like the Ossetians which are the offsprings of the Scythians. It's a pretty compact and stupidly diverse area, which could serve as an example of why diversity(tm) is ludicrous and doesn't really work irl.

It's for user's VeF modifications. I was bored from adding stuff to the Carpathians so I decided to add a few provinces to the Caucasus, only to spend the next 4 days researching and adding new shit to it. One thing led to another… And I ended up with a more realistic Caucasus.

Also, the t*rks had their part on fucking up the Caucasus, perhaps even as much as the Mongolians.

This is worse than playing near kebab…

Should revolution under siege always crash or do i just do something wrong?

It tends to crash for me about once in two hours or so

Crashed only twice in 60 hours for me.

EUIV ladies and gentlemen

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayinnaung

100 years just to become a GP is casual tier for EU4.

I just skimmed through to the end of episode 14 and I've improved a bit, but there has to be a better way than this.

Has Veritas been updated to the newest EU IV yet? I'd like to play it but don't want to have to hunt for an older pirated copy.

Jesus Christ, user, why are you wasting time with tutorials? Just jump in and read the tooltips

I'm looking for tutorials/guides because there's plenty of shit that tooltips don't actually cover.

Just ask what you need to know, then. I've wasted more time with all kinds of GSGs than I care to count, I'm bound to know whatever you'd like to ask

Just start with EU3. It's much better and isn't really hard.

Why bother waking up in the morning?

I managed to get through a full playthrough of that game once, but I can't really go for the whole web of alliances thing that results in a world war every 5-10 years.

Pic related is my Hesse.

A lot of it is just general game specific strategy like army composition, development, buildings, idea groups, and so on; tooltips can't cover that.

Only invest in development if playing savages, else there are much better things to invest in (being ahead in tech brings good bonuses). I usually do 20k stacks of 10k infantry, 5k cavalry and 5k artillery, until tech advances enough for supply limint to handle 40k stacks, at which point I just merge them. I'm sure there's some minmaxer here that found the best composition that's way better than mine but this one served me well nonetheless. Always build unique buildings, and if you have money to spare, focus on whatever you need at the moment (usually more money). Manufactories tend to give the best payout if used on the right trade goods, but require a bigger cash stockpile. Highly developed provinces can usually use all of the income-raising buildings. In idea groups, it depends on how you want to play it. Just look at the bonuses, decide which direction you want your country to take (for example, a nation that wants to colonise american will have entirely different ideas from someone who wants to conquer Europe), but make sure you don't fall behind in techs too much by focusing on ideas (never be more than two techs behind in anything, if oyu can help it).

As for battles, there are only few things to keep in mind:
morale - very vital early game, but can be gained in heaps later on and isn't all that important in late game. Remember that even out of combat units take morale damage during a battle, so it's better to split your monster stack and gradually feed the battle.
Discipline - extremely vital, fairly difficult to obtain. If you ever have a choice between anything and more discipline, always take discipline
Troop type - western units are generally better than anything else, so keep that in mind if you play non-european country
Shock and fire values - basically, shock is the strength of cold arms like swords, while fire is guns. Early game, shock is massivelly better than fire, late game fire is massively better than shock. Rotate your generals with that in mind
Terrain: a single river crossing penalty usually isn't all that bad, but attacking mountains while crossing a river is usually suicide.
Turks: Kebab cheats, beware, only attack it once you git gud or have three or four times the troops

With institutions its usually good to develop ASAP to get a new one, unless you are right next to it. Even in Europe its often a good idea to develop if you are England and the institution spawns in Italy.

tbh I've always found specific stack sizes to be a waste of time. Just throw units together and stay under the supply limit, split and combine as needed. 5k cavaly is pushing it though.

Perhaps. I'm sstill playing with user'S edits, so I haven't tester RoM yet

having enough arty is a must for any siege

So you can overthrow the government and become Emperor, what else?

Rome isn't going to reform itself, user

fucking kill me

Military tech is all that really matters. Sometimes you can be a bit behind but if the enemy has a tactics advantage you're pretty screwed. You can kind of dump the rest.

ADM/DIP will charge you cash for being 3+ behind MIL though thanks to lolcorruption.

In general a 3/3/0 or 3/2/2 is considered a pretty workable ruler since there aren't many ways to spend military mana other than tech. 0 w/ +1 advisor can pretty much keep up in tech assuming you spend the military mana on nothing else. ADM is spent on shit tons of coring and stability and DIP is used for diplo-annexations (which is mostly used to spend less ADM on cores).

Make sure you watch your heirs and send shit ones to die in combat/disinherit so long as you aren't 50+ and about to croak yourself

Is there a way to debug EU3? It crashes in a mod I'm working on. I know which file to roll back to fix it but I don't know how to change it so that it's stable. All the logs except for setup.log and game.log are empty. Is there a way to enable the other logs?

It's better not to, as being ahead gives good bonuses

I don't feel like working on this anymore today. Here's the current version: my.mixtape.moe/efaorr.7z It's a bit raw but maybe you will like it.

Expanding is still better though.

I'm really pissed how they've made blobbing so fucking tedious while most of the countries have no interesting events at all. In CK2 Romuva, Slavic, and Suomensko are completely interchangeable and have absolutely nothing unique differentiating them, even though it would take literally minutes to wikipedia some shit and slap it into the game for some flavor. Most of the countries in EU4 don't' even have unique ideas!

Parajew is full of lazy shits that push for the "universal content" meme because they can slap it on ALL countries, or at least a big number of them, and call it a day. Lack of proper flavour is easily one of the biggest weaknesses of Paradox games

NIs are one of the worst decisions paradox made in EU4. All they do is disincentivize playing around 50-75% of the nations in the game. Sliders were far better.

The one time Britain actually does something effective is to screw over my fleet. I hate that shitty island so much, more than I hate Turkey and France.

If only that was all they did. You now have nations whose NI's are equal to stinking shit, and then you have cunts like France, whose NI's just make them OP for the entire game, regardless of actual performance. The system should be reworked so that NI's actually require some sort of effort to get (perhaps some feat? Like awarding an NI to France for conquering the entire french region and the like) and that all nations get at least somewhat comparable buffs

Perfidious Albion

Rest assured that many European nations felt as butthurt about this throughout history as you do right now

Naval warfare against Britain is so fucking easy in Vicky 2 if you just bother to build ports before the war starts. Building a navy before the war is also handy but by and large as long as you have ports and the war lasts a long time you can still end up beating Britain's navy with shit you built from scratch.

I usually only invade Britain in DH or HoI3, where it's the matter of successfully punching through with your navy near scotland, disembarking there, and raping them with land combat that they're shit at.

I wasnt even antagonizing Britain in any goddamn way, I was just peacefully exploring a randomized new world when the fuckers suddenly sail by and declares war on me for a province of france that had an english core that I conquered resulting in my fleet getting wiped. Then they proceeded to piss me off even further by dividing their deathfleet into many useless fleets and get cleaned over by fucking morrocans and by sending shitty little 3 infantry armies over and over and over and over again. they accomplished absolutely nothing by declaring war on me, why did they do that? Why did they destroy my fleet?

Oh, just a habit of theirs.
Just ask the Danes or Vichy France

to piss you off, of course!

In V2 I usually just blockade them or try to trick their army into going on Ireland.

Generally speaking some naval victories and a total blockade of their island will make them capitulate to anything one war exhaustion sets in.

Yes, but that requires actually spending funds and research on navy which is practically useless in all Parashit games except for taking Britain and dicking around in the mediterranean. I put as little as I can into navy every time, since I know the payoff for it is so miniscule except for very specific situations

You don't have to research beyond the left two columns which you should do anyways. That alone will let you stomp, just spam ironclads and monitors and it'll wreck the British since they are slow to replace their sailed ships.

Plus there's behind-time bonuses and the escalating tech cost that makes early techs take only a few months by the late 19th century. There's no reason not to develop a big navy before the 20th century.

Do you think there are actually women who play map games?

PERFIDIOUS ALBION

DLC tactics clearly. Do you even remember that in the original base CK2 you couldn't even play Muslims?

I kicked the hornets nest and now I'm fucked. This is what I have been waiting for, but not what I have been expecting.
I send a fleet into the enemy system to see what the aliens were up to. In that little expedition I destroyed ~70 ships. Now they want revenge. I have 3 of my jump gate defense stations around the point, but they only have enough weapons to take on half a dozen each. Wish me luck.

Autists do, and autists become trannies.

Both sides were embellished.

I know about one, but she has autism so

Or at least give countries the opportunity to form new nations with new, better ideas.

Women lack the focus* to immerse themselves in map games.

*Autism

What are the recommended mods for EUIV so it's less of a pile of shit?

Read the OP: The Mod

Is this HOI4 mod constantly crashing for anyone else?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=823879357

Well they are a very large kebab.

What game?

HOI4.

I still don't get what you are saying.

He's saying it's Heart's of Iron 4

I have never heard of it.

Fantasy mods are appropriate for a game based on mana.

Have fun constantly tweaking the IC sliders so you can upgrade units to advanced semi-modern ultra armored division instead of selecting what equipment your divisions are equipped with.

Realistic air missions and Expanded Tank Tech Tree are essential for me.

My dad has been playing ck2 for about 5 years now.

He always plays a viking.

He always does the same thing.

He starts again as a different viking.

I can go check what he's doing and.. yep, he's fylkyr. 200k+ troops. Bullying the entire world with just his retinues.

Why can't I enjoy vidya like my dad? He is blissfull, he doesn't care when I say "so you just dominate everything and blob everywhere with impunity?" and say the warhammer mod might be fun to him since it has vikings too.

I'd guess he has atleast 1,000 hours in ck2+ as just a fucking viking. He's never played anything else.

It's pretty depressing knowing I'll never genuinely enjoy video games like that, and instead focus on the flaws and get disgusted over time.

Your dad might be for real autistic.

HoI 3 is a game that had Stalingrad placed 500 miles from its real location in the middle of a siberian desert nowhere near the volga river. HoI 3 has far greater sins than a shitty battleplanner.

The thing is, he's not even a gamer. The most video games he used to play was tiger woods and the occasional racing game.

I made the mistake of turning him onto, and teaching him how to play ck2. Now literally all he does is play a viking in ck2.

He's not a retarded slovenly normalfag, either. Maybe he is autistic and that's why I like DF

HoI3 didn't give player bonuses for letting the game play itself

and HOI4 is a game where japan can just annex half of china without any resistance in the first year of the game without firing a single shot

My dad was the same back when CnC3 multiplayer was popular
Nowadays he plays League of Legends
To think this guy has been a hardcore fan of CnC all this time

Start playing with an older version of the game because it has less shitty features that makes the game more complicated for beginners and start out with one of the more powerful nations like the Ottomans or Great Britain, if you do that then you'll learn how to play it in no time.

And they somehow managed to make air combat EVEN WORSE, which is an impressive feat in its own right

Wait
2012 was 5 years ago

Why your fucking Dukes keep sitting on their levies when you are being invaded by mudslimes in holy wars while fellow Kings from other countries offer to join you?
WHY ARE DUKES SO FUCKING USELESS?
ARE THEY ASKING FOR "CULTURAL ENRICHMENT" OF SOMETHING?
DO THEY LIKE HOT SANDNIGGER DICK OF WHAT? FUCK
talking about CKII by the way

Well, I did expect /gsg/ to go shit but not this type of shit…

t. Holla Forums

Are there any forgotten, and not shit, HoI2 mods that never transitioned to Darkest Hour?

what happened?

lmao, look at this servile sodomite

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/mod-the-putin-mod-2015-2050.958548/page-51
Modder sperged about American interventionism, hotpockets decide to lock the thread and censure him when it was full of people contributing events for the next version, mod unofficially dies.

Helpful x1

My god, its all about ideology with your kind.

shut up, KlKE

Was it even about that? It seems like the Hotpocket just randomly popped in and decided to close it for no reason

In any other thread, you might have a point, but right now you have nobody to blame but yourself

Allies were hardly jewish nor under their influence of their superstructure during the first and second world war. There is simply no basis for these claims, considering the general stance of allied activities regarding the jewish question priori to end of the war.

Why are you? Imagine you managed to shut the fuck up and didn't make this into a problem.
So make your choice, what are you? A hypocritical retard or a retarded troll? Either way, wouldn't respond to you any more. Just letting you know that you are a retard in case you haven't realized it.

user, why do you do this? Why do you want this thread derailed by the inevitable six gorillion infographs that will be dumped in reply to your post?

>Start as Sweden YES!

why is everyone all over the fucking place?

Kill yourself parasite

You're one stupid motherfucker

Why does everyone always do that? Fucking shameful. The other nordics aren't people, they are just peons to conquer and assimilate.

What the fuck is with this infestation of leftist scum? Just by the way you type we can tell you're an outsider, no fucking user uses ellipses. Stop trying to build a facade of leftist consensus and go back to wherever the fuck you came from.

Hello reddit.

[X] Expel the Jewry

Apart from the t*rks, looks like your average EU3 campaign, especially that tentacular Austria.

Have fun playing a game where you produce WW1 rifles the whole game because Paradox can't balance for shit and makes later equipment massively more expensive for no tangible benefit.

for

Is it really? There goes the only good thing about HoI4.

Yeah, just check the forums. Consensus is that if you actually produce upgraded rifles you'll get destroyed in MP. SPers counter with "but muh roleplay"

ART/SPART are pretty much the only thing you actually need to research and upgrade because they massively improve their SA:IC ratio. Tanks you need to upgrade in MP to counter other tanks (actually you counter TD with other TD, no one builds tanks).

Varg's son posts on 4chan?

WHY CAN'T I GET A SINGLE MALE HEIR?
FUCKING HELL, thats not even counting the bastard i disowned that was also a girl

Try beheading your wife and marrying a new one.

Lolis are tobe loved and cherished, your maddened, dry cunt cant possibly understand that.

this is actually my second wife already, my previous king had five
NOW LOOK AT THIS SHIT
THEY GAVE ME HOPE JUST TO TAKE IT AWAY

Just let him enjoy it man, whats your problem with that?
Maybe he wanted to be a viking when he was a kid, you dont see people complaining about byzantine to rome blobs, and we do that with every update in ck2, eu and sometimes even vicky.

Where do you think you are?

Disgusting, i bet you cant even eat fabada.

I sure love being incestuous using a character that got immortal.

Fuck you Anglo

Canada losing the french states would be the best thing to happen to Canada since they invented maple syrup.

Isn't Quebec one of the few habitable areas of Canada?

Fabada is a Germanic dish without sauerkraut and Spaniards are just lazy Germanic who don't eat cabbages.

After a few years, I decided to go back to play CKII again, last I played the last DLC was Way of Life, and now at least once a year a woman with shit stats wants to take the place of my councillors, there's this Threat level that skyrockets when I conquer something and then forts that i have no idea what are they for.
What happened to this shit?

Whoever told you that was lying or french or both

Climate-wise, yes, but the wildlife is awful, especially in the city.

Forts are to lock down tribal (without it you'll take attrition) and Nomad (you can't hold it without a fort or troops in the province) land.

Threat isn't too bad usually since it decays pretty fast, but you can turn it off.

The womyn thing is impossible to stop without modding though.

How do nomads work? Tribes I remember being kinda OP since they can just materialize a big army as long as you go to war and have prestige

Threat isn't really that bad, since, as you said, it decays pretty fast. It's just that it scared me when I took a 4 province duchy and a gorilllion defensive pacts formed against me, I kinda like the idea.

And the womyn thing I'll have to attribute to Sweden YES! inevitably seeping into the game. Wish the ones asking for position of powers had at least roughly the same stat of the guy they want to replace.

Sweden YES! IS the game.

ckiiwiki.com/Nomadism

The main thing to know is that they are very OP when big because 1 manpower = 1 light infantry or 1 heavy cavalry, where for everyone else levies are always a mix and heavy cav cost something like 16x as much retinue points as the light infantry.

OK boys, just downloaded and started up aurora, how overwhelmed am I?

Does anyone have newb advice? Fun starting settings and opening moves?

I kinda should expect this kinda stuff when the community tries to argue vid related is good or "funny."

Holy shit, why HEAVY cavalry? Not as if mongols used fucking plate armor, I'd understand if it was light cavalry, because they are horsefuckers after all, but what were they on that they thought this was a good idea?
Make them horse archers why not, if you're gonna go full retard with the balancing, at least those make more sense for steppeniggers.

You need to move your capital to west/south europe to get 100% heavy cav. Before that you can only get something like 50/50 light/heavy cav at best.

It also costs lots of money but hordes have infinite money from burning down holdings.

Also should mention that just 100% light cav is still pretty OP composition wise and Hordes can raise pure light cav for prestige, no gold cost at all.

Delicious ethnic conflicts.

Wasn't the point of the original song to mock the modern major general? That the man was incompetent because he valued knowledge over talent and experience?

have your son give your daughters the dick

Yep.

It's sad that i didn't have to google that to know the answer, right?

Watch the play, or the movie version of the play.

Not really just knowledge, but the kind of obscure trivia about irrelevant stuff that nerds would care about while not knowing basic military concepts.

Not loving G & S.

Also, given that its reddit, they probably only know it from Mass Effect:

youtube.com/watch?v=az0Gb7M1oVs

What I was getting at is; the song is a parody of the man singing it, but the man singing it is completely unaware. It ends up making the video pretty fucking ironic. I don't think the irony is intentional, either.

And name the child Charles II right? :^)

In CK2, rampant incest is a good way to keep your characters' looks good. Especially the eye and hair colors. Of course, it is better to breed good looking courtiers and then marry those. Marrying for power is damn pedestrian.

I remember when marrying one fatty once meant your whole dynasty inherting digusting double chins for the rest of eternity.

Yes, it is like the curse of gods. I think there is a mod, that among other things, removes the fatness from the gene pool and makes it an special effect of having gluttony.

So if I play CK2 I should play without the India DLC?

You can't really play without India unless you get a specific mod from the Mod Nexus. They fixed the performance issues though so it doesn't really matter. India really is its own thing and doesn't affect the rest of the world much.

It adds a handful of decisions even if you don't want to be a pajeet.

That doesn't happen anymore?

Not as often, at least.

Living near the french is never habitable

Why isn't there an option in EU4 to turn off certain mechanics, mainly Institutions? I mean for real I honestly enjoyed EU4 as just a GSG 4 dummies but now I fucking hate it. I mean really what the fuck were they thinking?
Fucking hell I just want a fun game.

Well, they begrudgingly introduced it to CK2, maybe they'll add something similar in a ~*free patch*~ or as DLC :^)

Fucking Jewhan man. I mean can they really be doing that good with EU4 considering how many players they MUST be hemorrhaging? A lot of people hated Estates and left, a lot of people hated Condottieri and left, and a lot of people hated Institutions and left. For the love of God Pairofdicks must be losing money right? R-right?

I'm still playing pre-RoM EU4, you should do the same

Because that requires Johan to admit that his new mechanic isn't an all around upgrade with zero downsides, and that the people criticising him aren't just clueless idiots and bigots

user, that's not how a monopoly works. Those who leave will come back, as they don't have a worthy alternative

I am 100% certain that's the actual reason. Paradox seem to have fallen into the mindset of "We know best, our fans are just dumb idiots and most likely Nazis".

Buy common sense to be able to develop your provinces and make the rest of the world playable again, silly goy :

Yea I've been playing 1.17.1 since ROM came out, but the map changes and the fact the golden hoard seems pretty cool and I'd like to try it but institutions literally give me a fucking aneurysm and I refuse to play it.

It is literally impossible to play EU4 without common sense I'm convinced.

I remember my first full EUIII game: An Irish Exodus campaign where I fucked off to North America asap. It was a lot of boring colonization. Yet somehow that game was more fun than any EUIV session.

I really should try that some day. How did you survive the eternal anglo?

It's mainly a question of which mission the English get at the start. If they have the mission to conquer Ireland you might as well restart. Then you try to get fleet basing rights/military access with Poortugal and start colonizing, going in debt if necessary.

Greeks, always demanding money from their betters. Can't they wait until I end their brethen still maintaining imperial delusions?

Roaches thought they would catch me while I was consolidating the righteous conquest of Greece, but they decided to attack the one province I had given the Teutonic Knights land. I hope they don't fight with just their levies like the religious orders used to.

If piracy was outlawed by Trump day 1 of his presidency by punishable of exile to Mexico, would you seriously spend $100 for a Paracucks game with DLC?

The Seljuk got a taste of frankish steel and now his young son needs gets to pay for the new district of Constantinople.

After the noble emperor died fighting a Greek rebel, for some reason the king of France decided to press the Empire level claim of my new character's niece and his vassal. What benefit the French king hopes to gain from making one his vassals a larger lord than him, one can only fathom.

He'd only outlaw piracy of 'murican products user.

I called the French king's bluff and now Latin Empire is ruled from Flanders. And the usurper asked to marry my heir. The French king, who is my character's nephew, sieged Constantinople to increase my realm.

That panzer looks like Panzerkampfwagen III not IV. Why is anime so fucking stupid?

Good eye. After a closer look it is a III, though I don't know how common it was for those to be upgraded with the tread and turret skirts. The only other evidence I see are the eyelets on the front, which match the Panzer III pattern. I don't know enough to spot any other differences.

According to wikipedia Panzer III Ausf. L and Ausf. M had Schürzen but some other variants might have been fitted with it as well.

Begone from here, you back stabbing, jewish, merchant buttmuncher rat.
I bet you like muslim dick aswell.

Not sure if anyone cares, but there has been a new version of Nova Monumenta Iaponiae Historica - 0.5.1 (for CK2 2.6.X).

Also Kaiserreich for DH 1.8 Final 3 is out.

VeF user, what happened with the last version you uploaded and last fucked? Did you upload an edit or are you going to do so when you end with whatever you are doing now?

You can play with out the common nonsense DLC, you just have to patch down to 1.11.4 or earlier. Later patch versions really are shit without the CS DLC, as the ai can use the new core mechanic of improving provinces but you cannot; another jewish move by paradox, hiding core mechanics behind a paywall.

While not having the new provinces and some of the other interesting new features kinda sucks, at least one doesn't have to deal with the shitty new fortification system introduced with common sense / 1.12

That was kinda fun I guess I like a challenge but seriously what the fuck man. Got 5 provinces in eygypt out of him including a fort so hopefully it'll go better next time

It's only a vessel to deliver the otaku market their retarded copy/paste'd waifu bait. They don't care the slightest about whatever gimmick they use to deliver that shit.

What in God's name are you doing user

Sicily is my vassal and naples has an annoying alliance web so I'm not dealing with what shit,
I went Religious ideas first, I just wanted to be a good Catholic for once so I'm going to retake the Holy land and maybe remove Islam from the middle east
I don't give a damn about the Basque or their stupid isolated language and as far as I'm concerned France is an ally because he is Catholic. He is my rival though.
I am carrying out his will through steel and shot user. Deus vult after all.

Tell that to the Crusaders in CK2.

tbh he really is though fam. Fucking Protties keeps declaring war in assfuck nowhere east Germany and since I'm defender of the faith I get called into it and because I don't want to go to assfuck nowhere east Germany I always decline and I lose defender of the faith.

Fucking kill me.

Anyway this run is inspired by the Kingdom manga/anime, and is actually the best run I've ever had. Too bad I don't know Chinese in order to name my colonial nations and marches effectively…

Just use generic dynasty names. You can use any historical list of ruling dynasties as reference.

Name them after the Three Kingdoms era.

I'm not a burger, user.

r8 it

Well, messed up on the last one

The last version I uploaded (v8) was fucked up, so I pulled it out of mega the day after. Then when I began fixing the errors and inconsistencies, I got the stupid idea of 'fixing' the Caucasus since the idea of ~20 provinces and 4 compatible cultures is fucking laughable when talking about that little corner of the world; one thing led to another (autistic research et cetera) and now we've got have pic1 related.
I'm gonna release v9 when everything's ready; still got a couple of nations to implement, national ideas for everyone, implement the pre-islamic Chechen faith and fix some shitholes in India that have wrong religions/cultures.

It the end, there's gonna be 16 new countries and like 18 or so new cultures, most of which form new culture groups. I also crammed all t*rks together so they now belong to the same T*rkic group; all Indo-Aryans will be crammed into the same group as well, it's dumb to have shit like West and East Aryan and Hindustani without them belonging to the same cultural group. Also took the time to fix china's cultures.

And finally, I also removed Azerbaijani t*rks because they didn't even exist until the 16th century (although some provinces turn to Azeri t*rk in the early 16th century for a more realistic approach); Shirvan and Azerbaijan were populated by Iranians: Old Azeri, Talysh and Tati (Caucasian Persians); and the Udi, some dudes who were the descendants of the Caucasian Albanians (unrelated to Shqiptars.)

I've been playing brandenburg a bunch recently since they have new events. Shit's pretty great but the trick has really been trying to control poland so they dont completely fucking devour the teutonic order before you can get the event for personal union. even then its hard cuz the centers of reformation dont always reach prussia. I've gotta autist-angered and quit like 3 campaigns yesterday cuz I couldn't get the events to fire. Suppose I might try occupying west prussia as poland does their bullshit by allying with them.

Has anyone here actually played new brandenburg since rights of man came out?

You care too much about shitskin culture and keep doing that "t*rk" thing. user, are you a brown?

Nah, I simply find history and certain cultures to be rather interesting. There's a whole world outside of Europe, and it's all filled with interesting shit and injustice which is mostly the turks' and islam's fault.
Naturally, the more I read about them, the more I come to dislike them; I think it's amazing, there's no end to it. Just when I think they're shit enough, I find out about more atrocities to fuel my disdain. Also that word is used as a swearword in several different countries, thought it'd be funny to 'censor' it like they do in plebbit and miscellaneous internet forums of meager quality, just for the sake of irony.

There once was a time when I wanted to be either an archaeologist or an anthropologist, but I figured out that shit didn't pay so I chose another career that I enjoyed but wouldn't make my employment choices to be Subway or McDonalds.

When I look to the east, only thing I see is brown smelly heathens pretending to be Romans.

God damn it. My Latin Empire is a bigger farce than the real one. Half these wars make no fucking sense.

Guys help
When the pope started the first crusade as a good christian king i was the first to assemble a fleet and
DEUS VULT
For my diligence the pope gave me the whole fucking kingdom of jerusalem
The problem is that this land is doomed, if the mudslimes don't jihad it to hell the byzantines (who are expanding up to england in my game) will eventually target it
Should i just give everything back to the pope?
fuck let me post already

In those situations I usually give the kingdom title to some fuckoff relative. Or you could try and fuck around by landing a Knightly Order or make the whole thing a republic just to see what happens.

i like the idea, but i never made it, what are the requirements?

Nope. Take white people. Make them speak godawful French that's even worse than regular French. Make them inbred as well because they all come from a tiny settler pool and half of them have the same surname.

But wait you say, at least they're white! Right?

No, because Quebec has poz, and lots of it, so you must add the arabs. The pakis. The chinks. Take all the fucking scum that infest the rest of Canada and add them here too, because Quebec has just as many.

Well you say, that's not so much worse then is it? It's basically just the usual Canada plus a shitty language and consanguinous marriage.

But that's not all!

You see, because Quebec is so cucked on language, they feel the need to import more Francophones, and as no Frenchman in his right mind would want to live around the Quebecois, they look to other sources - La Francophonie. What's that, you ask? Why, it's most of West Africa, of course, France's former colonies!

So take all Canada's usual immigrant filth, now degrade the white portion of the population into inbred peasants who speak degenerated French, and add a metric fuckton of niggers, and you have Quebec, and indeed, any French Canadian community west of there; where they are found, so too is the nigger.

For republics, you just need to create a mayor in a coastal city and hand him the kingdom title.

For knights I believe you can give the Grandmaster land by interacting with him.

i have no holy orders, how can i start one? or find an existing one in another kingdom?

Since the Crusades have started, you should find them by searching for "Grandmaster" in the character search.

searching "Grandmaster" or "Grand Master" returns nothing

Did you get a message about the foundation of holy orders? I'm not entirely sure how they are formed now. Usually they go hand in hand with the start of crusades.

nope, it seems its still too soon for them to form
first seems to be at 1113 if the wiki is correct

My realm is ugly and decentralized, the council won't let me do anything, I rule over heathens, my warmongering liege is my cousin and wife, Greece is the only place in the world with constant epidemics, the mongols are gathering behind Caucasus and my heir is a near brain dead retard.

The Fourth Crusade was a mistake.

At last you finally see

Look at that, a new dev diary about the next bloat DLC for EU4:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-17th-of-january-2017.994909/

I was thinking about going native, rebelling and handing over the Empire to the Komnenos by becoming his vassal. On the other hand, getting rid of the Latin Empire title is pretty much impossible: my character being the second heir. I might need to see this mess to its bitter end.

My next step shall be evicting the patriarch from Constantinople.

The Empress is somehow now berothed to the grandson of Genghis. Latin Empire is truly cursed by God.

Johan, you fucking piece of shit. EU4, now with 20% more bloat and 30% moze poz

God I didn't even see that.
Clearly the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about absolutism is how multicultural those regimes were.

eu3: I vassailzed Georgia and paid off Golden Horde. They attacked Gerogia when the time was up anyway, I had my hands full, they demanded vassalization. This did nothing and Georgia is still my vassal.

i bet that turks will start with max absolutysm or will have events that rise it.
Fuck johan. At this rate we will need to learn coding and make our own game .

I dare you to find a flaw.

You literally can't

Bäh.

I'm just taking what I can get through PUs. I don't think I can form Germany as Austria-Hungary anyway.

Are they ever going to stop taking features from mods and halfassing them into the game?

If it was just stealing features… They not only steal ideas, they apparently do their best to shit them up too.

Two flaws

In EU4's final version, Turks will be the final boss of the game. They will be so OP that regardless of where you start, Turks will always conquer the entire world if left to run rampart. Early and mid-game will be spent consolidating power and building fortifications in preparation for the inevitable flood of kebab. In late game, the game will test just how well you spent the time preparing by having Turks attack you. It would be impossible to win as Africans, naturally, which is why you now get institutions to balance the game world.

"Do you have what it takes to defend Texas from the Turkish hordes? Europa Universalis IV – believable worlds."

Update on the continued Reconquista, just took the holy land from the kebab, he had 30 thousand troops on vacation in Cyprus so it was a cake walk, except not really because I used the Holy War CB so I had to occupy his whole fucking country to get the peace deal I wanted, plus I foolishly brought in Venice as an ally in the war and he kept throwing 5 stacks at a fleshed out Turk army. Anyways well on the way to forming Rome

why on earth is fabricate claim in ck2 chance based? It is annoying that I have to wait five years just to get one measly county level claim. And then next few years to fabricate next claim and so on, until I have enough that I feel like pressing them all.

It feels like they chance to get a claim is lower than it used to be, too. With the diplomatic balancing it's also really hard to gain titles just via inheritance now.

Because everything is chance based to reduce the ammount of statistics to keep track off.

So why the fuck are coups so retarded in HoI4?

Staged a fascist coup in the US. It began when they had ~50% support for fascism. The fascists got two states and zero military units. Am I doing something wrong or is it just trash?

well, I guess I can always go holy warring lithuania, even tho' it wasn't my plan. Plan being to conquer all the wealthy provinces of norway and sweden as denmark. I also conquered pruthenia and most of kingdom of pomerenia, apart from one province that hre conquered while I had a truce.

The answer should be self evident.

Can't you just get the popularity to 100% and wait for elections?

Does that actually work? When the elections happened, the US was 54% fascist, but the Democrats still won.

Its like pottery

What's wrong with Death & Taxes?

Another Decisive victory against the pathetic Turks, Poland went to war with him as well and released some nations including Serbian Montenegro which I thought was interesting.

How do you have so much mana?

By being good

Any game in which Poland hasn't been partitioned is considered a failure here

what the fuck is this.

Does anybody know if you can turn HRE orthodox? And if so, what happens? I was able to force convert some electors, but the religious wars mechanic only covers catholics and protestants

Muscovy allied the Ottomans what's happening

I beat Black Death with orchiectomy. Medieval medicine truly was marvelous.

Russians went full retard. Now that you have the holy land are you going to liberate the Greeks?

Got the Knights as a vassal and another quick update, got my finger into northern Italy through my vassal Sicily, shit's looking good, about to hop back in to a war with the Turk again, should be interesting with all his allies and shit.

Yep, hoping to form the Roman empire

Well shit nevermind the Russians got some sense back and said fuck the Turks.

SWEDEN YES

Is this a bug? Says time to integrate vassal unknown.

(Yes, I know Dai Viet ideas give increased coring cost, but that shouldn't stop annexation altogether)

Okay update I annexed some vassals and the ottomans have been removed, albeit in the wrong direction, gonna go to bed to now I might play tomorrow and post updates I might not we'll see but if we do I'll be dealing with one of these clusterfucks of a hugbox

Your diplomatic reputation is so low that the integration would progress at a rate of zero per month.

You only play germanyblobs, dont you user?

Ah, thanks.

Indochina down, Burma to go… not sure if I should pick up Religious next to expand into India or Exploration to colonize Indonesia. Any thoughts?

By the way, Ming picked up Religious and is crusading in the name of Confucius to the north. Never seen that happen. Also they haven't had even a single revolt.

Indonesia, expansion in those islands is far easier than the clusterfuck of alliances in India. Plus in the end is far more profitable, gotta have those before Europeans.

Will do. I really wish Ayutthaya's ideas were less shit, aside from their starting traditions they don't have much of interest. At least their unique unit graphics are cool.

You can always modify them and the changes will translate into an active save, they're in the \common\ideas folder, search it under the country's tag.

Are you going for The White Elephant achievement? That's an annoying one because the description and the requirements aren't the same.

How do you turn threat off? I don't see it in the options, do I have to go to the game data or what?

There are different kinds of threat. One is a measure how close people are to forming a coalition against you. You can turn coalitions off in the pre-game options.

The other type of threat just refers to unhappy vassals that might rebel soon.

I can form this fucking monstrosity though.

Yeah, I actually didn't know I had to conquer Burma until I finished Indochina and the achievement didn't fire.

Oh look, more disparate mechanics in a Paradox game!

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-56-ascension-perks.994061/&utm_source=steam_community&utm_medium=community&utm_content=devdiary&utm_campaign=uto_stellaris_devdiary_20170112

Now that the Komnenos of Trebizond has relinquished all claim to imperial Greece and my realm has survived through the Black Death that killed pretty much everyone, I have decided to commemorate the lasting victory of the Fourth Crusade by renaming my beloved capital Frankokration. The citizens are free to call it the Baudouinopolis if they so please. The Hagia Sophia, which I have wrenched from the claws of the patriarch who dared to question the supremacy of our Father in Rome, I have decided to rename to St. Henricus's Chapel, in the honor of our benefactor, the His Serenity Enrico Dandolo, late Doge of Venice.

I did it I beat France and his allies, I only had to occupy his whole fucking country.

Why does this fag get claim on the Empire in HIP? He doesn't rule anything close to Epirus. Seems I need to eradicate Greeks before I get any peace to deal with the Turks.

Any pictures of recommended Darkest Hour and HoI3 technologies?

I was playing after the end as the descendants of steven king My second son was a genius, and his firstborn is also a genius. I did have to murder my eldest boy though.

It depends on your nation and terrain fam.

i.e. if you're a trash country that will be fighting mostly in mountains don't go for tanks.

is that something added by mod?

The CB may be actually called Imperial Anarchy (two empires).

I clicked your link thinking it was for EU4. He's EU4's new shit:

TL;DR Absolutioness is another mana like corruption/power projection that makes you stronger and lets you blob faster! Also they are adding Edicts from Stellaris, isn't that what everyone wanted?

It doesn't actually look all that bad, though. Stellaris is the one paradox game that could actually use some content bloat due to being so fucking empty

What the fuck, m8? Being a king, shouldn't he be able to find a wife that doesn't look like Gruntilda and Yeti had a baby?

That's just a typical Greek woman.

Now this is blobbing.

All of those are false

While I was busy desecrating the ruins of eastern Roman empire, the Il-Khanate converted to Hinduism. The Caliph could only screech autistically while the mongols turned Persia into a designated shitting empire.

question about inheritance, because I still don't understand it as well as I want:
So, my uncle is a count of one of my counties. His wife has strong claim on duchy of silesia, but she herself doesnä't have any titles. If I press her claim, will the duchy of silesia become part of my realm, or will she go independent?

she will go independent