Project Zomboid

Why does this game have so many fucking problems? >inb4 "because it's an Early Access zombie survival game"

You'll almost never use blade weapons early game considering how they're more fragile than glass unless you get extremely lucky and find a hunting knife or an axe or something like that and guns are just fucking worthless for the most part, which means blunt weapons end up being the most useful weapons in the game.
Even the most common blunt weapons like hammers have high durability, higher damage, are more common than blade weapons AND they also double as a vital tool which are usable even when broken.
The only advantage blades have are that some of them have a risky instant kill attack, but it what's the point in when they break after 20 fucking uses like the kitchen knife does when a hammer lasts for literally 15 times longer? You have to dump several points into blade maintenance before they start being on par with blunt weapons at a blunt maintenance of 0. The weapon with the highest durability is the crowbar, which is also a blunt weapon.

By the time you would realistically find a hunting knife your high blunt and low blade skills will already have made it nonviable to switch and start building up your skills all over again.
It's like the devs don't want you to use blade weapons, they give you so many incentives to invest into blunt over blade.

Don't even get me fucking started on the ass-backwards health system, where you can only regain health is this Minecraft-style bullshit where you indirectly regen it by eating food.

They lost their code… twice.

Trice last I checked

How the fuck do you lose code?
I have hobby projects and use git with multiple back-up copies and even use Bitbucket to store it online.

Jesus Christ, just compress it and send on bitbucket or something every once in a while

They faked the robbery the first time, in the pictures they showed the only thing messed up was the desk area.

They are just incompetent, still no NPCs 3 years later after endless promises of "right around the corner"
Traits could be expanded but for 3-4 years they've had the exact same fucking traits.

On top of that these faggots didn't give me a steam copy when they stopped updating the Desura version.

And on top of THAT, these niggas make endless updates on their site that are on the level of DayZ.
Promising a bunch of shit, showing something being done, to give the illusion of progress.
If they actually had updates that said what has been accomplished they would have a harder time bullshitting everyone.

Me and my friends played it years ago and liked it, we then played it a year or so later and the game got worse.

If that's true fucking hell. How do you lose the most important thing about any game dev project?

the game is in java if i remember correctly , so that is the understatement of CY-5

To be fair the count's probably closer to six or seven by now.

What do you want from me?
I just took the first image off google.

Precisely. Apply yourself and have some pride you lazy faggot.

Whatever Microsoft shill

Well, you just answered your own question.

You run out of money and patreon is only a few keystrokes away.

And…?

I see nothing out of ordinary here. Seriously OP head over to your kitchen, go outside, start stabbing a tree and see how long it'll survive.

Yeah also make sure those are good stabs, as if you were going to kill that tree.

Guns aren't worthless, IIRC at level 1 shooting skill you're going to miss point blank, around 7-10 you're unstoppable. There's no point in using any melee weapon besides pushing zombies and them curb stomping them.

It's still a shit game, NPCs never ever, the devs are basically banking on multiplayer being a isometric version of Rust/Day Z.

You mean this game still isn't out of alpha/beta/whatever?

How fucking long has it been?

If I went out and started stabbing random people with a kitchen knife it certainly wouldn't break after like two minutes.

It takes fucking forever to get to level 7, though.

Except it would. There's a reason kitchen knives aren't considered weapons, and it's not because you use them in day-to-day life.

I played project zomboid since 2011 but stopped when it got released on steam, instead of focusing on things they promised for fucking years ( cars, npcs ) they are remaking the animations and playing with graphics or not doing anything at fucking all, I have lost my patience for this fucking game, It had it's own unique atmosphere and a creepy vibe being all alone on the entire map with fitting music, hordes of zombies, choppers flying above you making tons of noise that bring hordes to you and don't even rescure you, it's just a matter of time before you die, the game is also set in early 1990's which is a nice touch, these are the positives of the game but the devs are beginning to fuck it all up by literally adding 3d animations to a game that's supposed to be retro.

Some people here may not even heard of the game so here's a couple of pics, the map is HUGE and zombies instead of spawning migrate around the map, that means if you manage to kill every zombie on the entire map you will never ever have to deal with them again ( that would take a lot of time to do though ). Overall it's a nice game but has a lot of bugs that the devs will only promise to fix but not do anything, instead they will cater to the cancerous youtube audience with pointless updates NOBODY ASKED FOR. It's worth nothing that the game haven't left early acces since motherfucking 2011, it will never leave early acces, it's a shame

I HATE the new sprites and models, they're awful. They're so out-of-place compared to the old ones.
They don't even give you an option to go back to the old sprites.