Holla Forums BATTLEFRONT II gamenight

At 5PM EST I'll be running the Battlefront II server running gameranger. Below is what you'll need

What do I need?

Battlefront II and the following mods:

Conversion Pack 2.0/2.2 patch

Ultimate Battlefront: The Clone wars

Battlefront Extreme

You can download this torrent,
skidrowreloaded.com/star-wars-battlefront-ii-gog/

Links:

moddb.com/mods/star-wars-battlefront-conversion-pack/downloads

INSTALL 2.0 FIRST THEN 2.2, NOT LIABLE FOR YOUR FUCK UPS

moddb.com/mods/ultimate-battlefront-the-clone-wars/downloads

mediafire.com/download/gdjqpnmc58kltr7/bfx_2.2_setup.exe

INSTALLING MODS
run the conversion 2.0 installer and set the install path to :\\Star Wars -Battlefront II if you've got the gog torrent, if you're on steam the file path will be different up to the BFII folder itself.

To check if the mods are installed right go to the BF II folder and go to gamedata. If there is an addon folder with the mods inside, it worked. if you have another gamedata inside it you've done fuck up.

REMOVING 1.3 HUD
go to the addon folder within the gamedata folder and go to v1.3 patch folder. Inside will be a batch file or two. you'll want the one NOT named "menu-lite". Run it and choose the option to remove the 1.3 HUD.

How do I play?

Download:

gameranger.com/

Click Edit, then options. Find Star Wars BattleFront II on the list, and where it says location, direct it to your game .exe

==OPTION 2 ==(untested)

MODIFIED BFII.exe to look on a new master server

forum.gameshare.co/showthread.php?tid=475

Troubleshooting:

The game crashes whenever I try to load any map!

This is a sound driver bug. Download:

realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

HOW TO FIX AUDIO WITHOUT NEEDING TO DISABLE IT

ADD THIS TO THE BFII.EXE AS A LAUNCH OPTION

/audiomixbuffer 50

Go to your install directory. Open the gamedata folder. Is their another gamedata folder nested inside? If yes, copy all it's contents, back out to the mother gamedata folder, and paste them there.

FAQ:

some of the shit is glitched, bear with me here

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!8tlAhDyQ!2AkAQukJKAYuIWEzDTGtFA!IslFkTSL
youtu.be/QKin0gvgHQ0
steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=https://mega.nz/#F!8tlAhDyQ!2AkAQukJKAYuIWEzDTGtFA!IslFkTSL
pastebin.com/etrpMivY
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?l=spanish&id=425232058
swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=10570.0
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Battlefront_II#Crash_to_desktop_after_loading_a_map
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump for interest.

T-MINUS 4 minutes

ROOM IS LIVE LOOK FOR HOSTING BY Ramba Ral

This is what I was asking for in the other thread. Fucking thank you.

you're welcome, it's running now. though all testing this time was done internally I have no clue what will break and what won't

My internet is slow so I'd probably won't be able to play until tomorrow or Sunday, though.

Uni blocks torrents, is there a direct download?

Nigger, the link have like 3 different download links excluding the torrent. It's Skidrow. They always do that.

IF IN GAME TEXTURES ARE BUGGED

"I've found on Youtube a workaround to fix this issue. Just download the file "15.7.zip" from this link and copy the two .dll into the "GameData" folder mega.nz/#F!8tlAhDyQ!2AkAQukJKAYuIWEzDTGtFA!IslFkTSL :)" This fixed it for me on the Steam version too. You can see the fix working here youtu.be/QKin0gvgHQ0

I've been waiting for this.

SCRATCH THIS

USE THE LINK, HOWEVER MATCH YOUR DRIVER VERSION

incoming constant crashing

I've got 3 more tries for these graphics fixes before I remove the fixes and play with a LSD battlefront

lots of issues on my end that didn't appear in internal testing

SERVER IS BACK UP

What;s the password, faggot

PASSWORD IS rage

the pastebin chopped that bit off

My game just keeps fucking crashing

Game keeps crashing every time I try to run it. How did I fuck it up?

no idea why it's crashing but it's getting aggravating.

ABANDONED TILL FURTHER NOTICE

I'll try to hammer out the bugs the server is down till next possible gamenight, sorry guys

could we maybe do just a vanilla game without mods?

FOSS LINUX WHEN
FOSS LINUX WHEN
FOSS LINUX WHEN
FOSS LINUX WHEN
FOSS LINUX WHEN

Has anyone ever told you that you are the most boring person ever?

I just wanna play ;_;

it werks 4 me .t mint fag

doesn't matter it seems something is broken without the mods anyways.

Bump, is anyone on the serb?

No also nice get

The server was taken down due to lack of actual testing coupled with the fact that it seemed to be unstable constantly. I'm doing a fresh install of the gog.com installer again and might try a game or two, but the AMD issue is still prevelant on my end, those with AMD cards should look into the fix

Shit missed it

What was the problem?

Only graphical, crimson drivers cause an issue

I didn't encounter these because during testing I only really did Tantive IV

there's a fix in the thread but you have to play match the correct files

Didn't miss anything, I'll do another one though in the future when I get everything ironed out.

If you could work out a schedule in advance that would be great.

Anounce it a day before niggers

maybe you should use this link

steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=https://mega.nz/#F!8tlAhDyQ!2AkAQukJKAYuIWEzDTGtFA!IslFkTSL

I announced it last week after the Halo Gamenight

honestly I'd like to get the idea into other anons to start hosting, if not because my upload speed isn't the hottest.

Did, like the Halo Gamenight I did an announcement for a "test fire" a night where I'd try to get the bugs out of the machine so to speak and then tonight was meant to be the real deal night.

I linked to that in the thread, the problem is it's a "match to your system" and the ones people saying did work, on loading a map would crash the game for me

You should make a thread a day before so anons can be ready and do some test plays though.

Again I try to make a "server test" thread about midway through the week prior to the actual server going up. I just figured a game as well beloved as BFII wouldn't have many issues nad there are things from the old 2015 pastebin that needed revisiing so test night got skipped over as I worked out the bugs with setting up the gog.com version with mods and updated the pastebin

In any case this gives more anons time to download or get mods installed and I'll shoot for next week for BFII

So what about the Steam version of BF2?

This, I have the stean version also.

for the graphical fix I did find 14.12 to work for me. I'm about to test one last time tonight for game ranger

SERVER IS UP PASSWORD IS rage

GET IN HERE

How good a rig you need? Also what genre of game is this?

Downloading, it should be done overnight, how long will the server stay up?

I'm pretty sure this game can run on toasters, also it's an FPS.

how new are you to video games son?

Getting the mods ready, I'll join in a few

The game will crash unless you have the patch.

Here's the link:

mediafire.com/download/bxmta3ny4lo4u5n/AAA-v1.3patch.zip

Does it work for the steam version?

Yes, just drag into the addons folder in GameData.

I had this, turns out there are a multitude of issues

one of them being sound drivers whoich I have a command line fix for in the thread

Yeah, you did a pretty good job with the pastebin not to mention this is GOG version and not the shitty steam one.

So it is advisable to patch or the command line fix?

The sound fix is simply just adding that command to the target line and launching that way

pastebin.com/etrpMivY

V2 of the pastebin for the future provides steps to actually enter the server and lists the password.

Can someone make a folder strictly for steam users, the instructions are kinda muddled between Steam and GOG

why though?

Basically install to the directory BFII is installed, most of the mods already take the "gamedata" folder into consideration so it's just going to the root directory of BFII

nigger the only things the mod adds are new factions and the conversion adds BFI maps

the 1.3 patch adds new graphical features and bug fixes

just play already

No thanks. if it was vanilla I could have just hopped right in and played a while.

Are you so dumb you can't install a mod?

you'd have to at least download the conversion patches anyways

there is 4 on a technical level, 3 in total if you don't count the 2.2 conversion update which is just STOCK BATTLEFRONT I MAPS

sorry mate but this has been in the planning since last week and the thread was up for ages even during the suspension of the server to fix it. Better luck next time

There's something wrong with 1.3 HUD?

It looks a bit on the ugly side with semi-transparent bits tacked onto the original HUD

The original was nice and simple, the newer one is just tacky.

Did we figure this shit out yet?

seemed to have for the time being

I've cut out most of the custom factions from the rotation sans a few maps I know that won't spaz and cause a CTD

DOING HERO ASSAULT ON MOS EISLEY BEFORE TAKING IT DOWN FOR THE NIGHT

In other news I'll plan for another gamenight for BFII next week MAYBE keep an eye out on a thread popping up mid week for the test firing before the actual

How do I install the patch?

It's already included in the conversion mod. in the addons folder there will be a file called AAA V1.3

thats how you know you have 1.3 installed

2.2 of the conversion patch brings the 1.3 patch up to the revision 177

How many days are server gonna be up?

It's not a dedi so it goes down when I take it down, if an user wants to put up a dedi by all means. There will always be another gamenight so don't worry and with the game and whatnot already installed, nothing is stopping you from hosting a server

177 or 117? The latest seems to be 129.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?l=spanish&id=425232058

the conversion packs in 117

the latest one only works with a steam install path which is why it got axed from the list and mentioned that the conversion packs it in

SERVER WHERE?

I see. That's information that should probably be included since I'm an smart ass and tried to install 129. Worst case scenario I have to reinstall the game again,

whoever wants to get a server going then by all means but OP is done for the night

yeah in any case If someone wants to revise the pastebin with more in depth info by all means. If we keep refining this and make it as smooth as possible

Ok, now, how do I know I have everything correctly installed? I installed the conversion pack and I can see KotOR age.

Can't see to make it work.
I don't see the new campaign and only the clone wars content shows now. Damn it.

campaign is strictly clone wars

KotOR era shit is for instant action and Multiplayer only. there ARE more mods out there, including one that adds KotOR

Shit, I missed it. I'm downloading it anyway, it's a great game. We'll play it together someday, anons.

well nothing stopping someone else from hosting, now that all the pieces are in place

In any case if I host again it WILL be battlefront II and hopefully devoid of issues

I do wanna do another HCE Gamenight because I got around to making a dogfight gametype out of Slayer and Team Slayer and found a map based around two aircraft carriers with F-15s that would work as a great addition to sport those two gametypes ontop of the star wars map

just for curiosity, can you take an screen of how your instant action screen looks like?

what the fuck kind of 2014 shit is this OP?
swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=10570.0

what the fuck kind of 2008 shit is this?

post exe

Ok, manage to set everything up and did some really fun matches testing. found a bug. Everytime I use one of the rocketer droids in the UCW mod, the game crashes. It have to do with the sound stuff? Otherwise, the game have been going smooth.

God damn it, it crashes whenever I try to start any kind of LAN match.

that's weird, remove UCW and MAYBE it's part of the problem

Honestly, the less mods we involve the better. Too many mods tends to make shit unstable.

Did you try this?
Taken from here.
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Battlefront_II#Crash_to_desktop_after_loading_a_map

well I figure we could only run the conversion mods and 1.3

and the conversion mod packs in 1.3 with 2.2 adding a later patch

YOU CAN SIMPLY PLUG IN A MICROPHONE!!!

Question: Is there a mod that makes Battlefront Extreme work on more maps?