Digimon

This comes out at the end of the month.
Your penance for updating to 3.61.

I haven't played it too much. The combat is a bit strange to me because I've never played a digimon world game.

Think of it less as combat and more as your special ed students having a fit.

So I've been watching combat gameplay and I still don't get what it exactly supposed to be.

People say it's like World but I haven't played a Digimon game aside from Cyber Sluts

Ill pass.

Digimon world is a game that came out in 1999 iirc, the monster is raised like virtual pet.
So next order follows in the trend and is also a virtual pet but with two of them and remember that angewomon is shit because it really wants to turn into holydramon

Anyone that actually cared about it pirated the Vita version with the english patch. Also you shouldn't be giving bamco money

WHERE
ARE

THE
WAIFUS

No waifus in this game, closest you get is Luche.

Digimon was never about waifus.

The games seem to all be going the right direction but why is the show so shit now? This app garbage is the worst thing ever devised and I watched through 12 fucking episodes trying to convince myself it'll get better. The few things toei animates well and the story and characters are complete garbage.

You're 20 years too late to make that statement.

Because the franchise is run by out of touch suits who only look at numbers and never actually watch or play the products they put out while being surrounded by Yes-Men, ensuring no criticism ever reaches them.

The show was only good during its first and very good during its third season, but even then executives fucked with it, prompting all the talent to leave.
So it ended up having no direction, no quality control, no consistency and being soft rebooted every single season with drastically different ideas and usually shoddy execution.

The games suffer from the same shit, Digimon World 1 and 2 are extremely different from each other and have nothing in common. Same thing with 3 and 4.

Basically suits saw that Marvel is making mad money with their franchise building stuff and they're trying to revive Digimon.
This is basically a remake of Digimon World 1, which is a tamagochi-type "RPG" where you train, feed and raise your monster while building a city after you convince mon's to move to it.
Combat is mostly indirect, you unlock behaviors for your monster to follow the smarter it gets. (All out, defensive, evasive, aggressive etc.) Until it gets extremely smart and understands direct commands, where you can choose which ability to use at any point in time.

Just a monster raising and fighting thing with a few RPG elements.

Sounds like you need a dokan panchi, you masterfaggot ultra.

Appmon isn't the best digimon, far from it, but it's decent enough. It's actually getting steadily better, I'd say.

PS4 only though.
Mind you, the japanese release of this game was on the PSvita.
As much as I love digimon world, not gonna buy a PS4 for this

You can already get the English vita version if you get henkaku.
Not because you need it to get the game, but because the English version is locked behind the Chinese version for some reason and you need to hack it.

If it's like the first game, when you first get your Digimon it's stats are terrible. Including intelligence. Meaning it's only smart enough to do it's own thing in a fight- or run.
As it gets smarter, you can tell it to do more, and it'll respond faster (Be aggressive, keep away, go defensive, and later on specific techniques it knows).

So early on it's watching 2 AI go at it, later on you have much more control- but are still limited (you can't directly control it like making it stand in specific places, only to keep back or charge in)- but seeing as all attacks hit anyway it doesn't really matter.
If you hate watching AI do it for you though, you won't like it.

>the fucking Meat farm is back

You can use both at once if I understand correctly.

You gotta earn your waifus

But she is right there in OP's first screenshot.

Digimon can't be waifus, specially the ones that aren't even potty trained.

Is a humanoid digimon a waifu or does it still count as furfaggotry?
/monster/fags need not apply.

Is the battle theme complete shit like in Cyber Sluts?

It still counts as furfaggotry.

Full retard.

I want Nokia to suck me dry

The only retard here is you, furfag.

Is this worth a PS4 (assuming I had 4 to 9 other games for it, and I was getting the console later down the line cheaper)? I won't be paying for online.

Or am I better off sacrificing some features for the Vita version, and getting the stronger catalog for that (plus being dirt-cheap comparatively along with second-hand vidya)

I'm unsure what your post is implying other than the fact you hate furfags.

A ps4 is gud enough. Get cyber sluts for more traditional RPG gameplay, transformers devastation, Shadow of the beast, I'm sure you could find some good stuff.

All of those digimon you posted are furshit.
Not a hard concept to grasp, they come from things like the first pic and turn into things like the second.

By that logic, humans are furshit.

Except a human woman was never in her life an australopethicus nor turns back into a fetus when tired.

no why would it be furfaggotry?

it's less about being tired than a massive energy expenditure. Think about it, the digivice is a data store and allows a digimon to compile with a volatile amount of code that effectively burns out possibly reverting not only one stage, but even two or three or in Takeru's case he lost Angemon the first time because of it.

And then you have digimon that actually grow to the next stage without it and when tired don't devolve into a prior stage after said energy expenditure.

Any news on the new Digivices getting released outside of Japan? Also if you're getting the red one you're objectively a faggot.

Except that in adventure it wasn't uncommon for them to turn back into the baby stage after a particularly nasty battle, such as wargreymon turning into koromon after setting up the plot of the wonderswan games with machinedramon despite having already become agumon naturally, and gatomon even became salamon at another point.
So they still turn back into blobs of jelly when tired.

Angemon died because he sucked up everyone else's powers into himself for a devastating blow against Devimon, not because of the evolution itself.

Definitely one,

Thank you for ousting yourself.

Can Digimon be real?! I think so! I belive that they are! -no laughing- but It's weird because my digivise broke and before it did It started beeping AFTER I told my digimon to sleep. In which case how can it beep? Then my other Digivise totally dissapeared! My parents and sister never saw it and i tore up my entire room! Another thing i keep having these strange fellings like I'm looking for something but I don't know what and that I need to help something somewere! I swear one night I woke up and my computer was making weird sounds like it was on but it wasn't plugged in! Also I have weird dreams and when I wake up I can only remeber someone asking for help!

Kek, your shitpost made me remember that Digimon will never be real.

So this is what waifufags feel like?

It looked fantastic, but I watched playthrough already.
Spoilers aren't the issue, it's how easy it is to over-level (and it's encouraged, unless you remove your main party while you train up the new-guy), and how it's so poorly balanced. Pierce-effect moves like Wargreymon's Tornado Claw wreck house for example.
I also didn't like how the story went around the final boss. Felt less antagonistic and more "Oops, I fucked up, please help."
Not to mention the secret hidden final boss is pot-luck BS even with a maxed out party. It's not a challenge, it's a battle of attrition.
Not to mention the localization fucked up some of the line-breaks in dialogue where you need to respond.

I'd have endured it if I went in blind and already bought it, but I'm less keen knowing the flaws in advance.

I would highly encourage everyone else to give it a go. And go in blind, especially to tactics and "what digimon is better."

It's lewd and fun. And another IP. The more competing IPs we have the better IMO.

Anyone remember back on halfchan before the exodus, there was a Digimon Quest thread with a Witchmon that was gonna become LadyDevimon?

I remember Sally.

How is Re:Digitize by itself and compared to the newer games?

Vanilla re: digitize or Decode?
Both are overly linear and lacking in Digimon, but Decode adds more and makes your sex slave more obedient while not being as easy to bend over and fuck like vanilla re: digitize.
Re: digitize is actually translated though.

Which of the games are worth playing? I played the PSP remake of world and liked it. The only problem I had with it was the grinding to get back where you were after your digimon dies of old age.

cyber slut wasn't very good. i admit i bought it solely because i want more digimon games to come over, but it was pretty unbalanced and easy like says

Getting some mixed messages here…

It was also piss easy to do.
#1, get rosemon to upgrade your gym.
#2 buy the training manual from monzaemon.
#3, feed your mentally damaged bodyguard training food and/or frequent the restaurant.
#4, train.
Bam, 9999/9999/999/999/999/999 stats a whole week or more before death.

Faggots with shit taste detected.
Leave this board.

App/google play store is not on the vita or ps4.

Literally nothing furry about those particular mons themselves, retard.

oh come on you retard, it wasn't a masterpiece, it was a mediocre grinder that was very easily broken with the right items

I think there's a website out there cataloging quests. 1d4chan maybe?

In any case, he's probably still going. Search for it and enjoy.

Of all the PS1 games I'd say only Digimon World 3 is worth it.
I guess it'd be a step back after having played the remake.
A simple dungeon crawler with turn based combat. It's quite slow and the DNA digivolution system will keep you grinding to get back a lot, so unless you use emulation frameskip I doubt you'll like it.
It's a fun, long and densely-packed JRPG where as far as I can recall grinding isn't all that necessary (digimons don't die/devolve), but it does contain some annoying backtracking sections and the bosses can be fucking bullshit sometimes.

Digimon can evolve into and from any other digimon, which is how spadamon comes from leomon or kabuterimon from gabumon, and will go back and forth between these stages through life.
So if you want to fuck angewomon you have to be okay with fucking anything it can come from and turn into, then what those come from and turn into.
So they are intrinsically furry just by being digimon.
Unless you go by xross wars rules where they behave like actual organisms that are born into that digimon then mature through life as that same digimon with evolution being little more than myth (even cho-shinka in hunters was the digimon becoming temporarily older).
However even those are furfaggots that want leomon's barbed dick up their snatch so they're no good either.

I checked, last thread was late 2014.

i played DW2 back in the early 00's. there was no emulation, i played it on the console.

i must have spent at least 200 hours on it

Oh wait, now I see the rest of the quest threads.
I wonder why they weren't showing up before?

Well, since we're all here, why not revive it on /quest/ or a digimon board?

I lack the creativity, and I'd rather just make something on renpy than string people along for a ride I already know I lack the time to maintain.

Remember when Digimon was good?

remember when it wasn't moegarbage full of sluts to appeal to mentally ill otakus?

remember when it had tons of sidequests and it was an actual JRPG instead of a generic grinder?

The ps1 era digimon games were a blast.

Card game, DW 2 and 1 kept me busy for a long time. I only finished 2003 once.

the game was actually called Digimon World 3.

Digimon World 2003 was the european version, which only came out in europe, and it had one major change: the post-game that didn't exist in the original american release of Digimon World 3. so remember, if you ever try to emulate it, find the actual european Digimon World 2003 (the one that has language selector at the beginning) or else you'll get an incomplete experience.

the more you know

Wait, these are the new digivices ? They're the same as the ones from 1998.

I was semi annoyed by these games who seemed to never follow the anime rules, you + bff digimon that digivolves only in battles saving the world. This game just felt like pokemon.

they were far better than the pokemon game and i say "the" because there is only one game that has been repacked and resold for 22 years now with minor graphical changes

I never said they were worst than pokemon, I just said I wanted to get a digimon bff and tour the digiworld with him.

wouldn't be very fun if you could only have one digimon in the games.

You could still get waifumons in that game too you dunce.

That's kinda the point, the series is a tamagotchi at its core.

i was talking about the humans you dunce.

This rustled me more than it should've.

What a normalfag thing to say, specially when shitters like Nokia and Rina are walking developers of mysanthropy.
Yuuko is alright and Alphamon defiles coffee.

all the girls in cyberslut are awful, except for the MC and thats only because she doesn't really speak.

The mc is a man, even when you go to the hospital and see their body it's a man's body.

maybe she's just ffffffffffffffffflat

Maybe.

A true waifu has an actual character and personality

The models are because they're a 20th anniversary release, but they have features like raising two Digimon at once and being able to compete online.

Picked re:digitize back up after this. I feel like I'm cruising through it compared to digimon world 1, although that might be because I know what I'm doing.
I wanna play cybersluts but I don't have a ps4 or vita. Unless you can emulate it.

neither of them are as good as the PS1 counterparts.

The only one with a ps1 counterpart is re: digitize, the story series didn't exist until 2006.
Unless you're talking about DW2 and 3 in which case fuck you, even the first Story game is better.

dw2 and 3 (specially 2003) are amazing games. get better taste nerd.

The problem is they aren't the same games at all.
DW1 was about raising digimon and shit to save the island. DW2 was a dungeon crawler and DW3 was a turn based RPG.
If you were looking for a game similar to DW1 you didn't get one until 2012 even though there were several games (That were actually Digimon Story) localized as Digimon World throughout the 2000s because Bandai are assholes.

The one that needs better taste is you, these abominations hardly deserve to be called games.

Jogress.

eat a dick

You're already choking on it.

nigger what?

just fuck off, its clear you're here only to shitpost.

A man who so gallantly rides to defend mindless grinding is no position to accuse anyone of shitposting.

Humans don't come from animals, you ape.

again, eat a dick. you have shit taste. go play some cowadudy for your instant endorphins if you dont like grinding.

Go back to the appstore and stop polluting the world.

come on fag, git gud. learn about interrupts in 2 and learn about stats in 3.

Talk about trying to downplay things, and don't go off trying to say words you don't understand like "casual" or "git gud" since your only method of improving is hitting the same button for hours on end until you're strong enough to continue.

ok

Sure.

You guys gunna fuck or what?

That's lewd.

That's retarded. Someone who wants to fuck Angewomon specifically wouldn't be remotely attracted to the previous Digivolution stages that aren't similar in appearance, so that's already bullshit since they don't have to ever Devolve an Ultimate or a Mega.

Nothing to listen to.

yeah, casul as fuck. don't ever touch a dragon quest game because you won't stand it.

I won't feel anything but smug when some retard from Holla Forums literally tries calling shapeshifting ayylmaos furshit to their faces and gets vaporized for it.

The casual is so close to you he's sharing your brain synapses.

Trying too hard to force waifus is what largely ruined Tri.

Thing is it becomes a bit easier as you progress, in Re;Digitize you got better training levels and it became easier to raise digimon as your tamer level went up.

So essentially he took on too much code

also been watching Applimon and it's alright. it's obviously tailored for today's kids but the designs are nice.

But that is what happens in a lot of the digimon games, including Digimon World 1.

if you hack a vita you can play the asian version with had an english localization hidden in the files

I don't remember much from the first game other than my shitty partner that can't stop shitting itself and turning into a giant shit. Still surprisingly finished it somehow.

Is digimon sluts fun? Its 20 shekels in walmart

It's great.

Really? Ok
If its not great, I will find you and headpat you into submission!

After several smug anime faces.

OK, I'm ready.

Excellent dubs. Please take some of my finest smug anime girl kino in appreciation.

I have some bad news.
[spoiler]Last update was three months ago

日本語でOK

I don't really care about playing it.

Digimons future is beyond fucked but it will have the best cover art.

Depends: do you consider shapeshifters to be furfaggotry? That's basically what's going on when they digivolve, and personality wise they are much more human than animal

Kind of expected since Applimon is practically the Tiny Toons equivalent of Digimon. However today's kids are fags so I doubt it'll even have memorable/emotional scenes or waifus.

it's alright, its worth a watch. I mean "today's audience" in that it's all smart phone shit, with one of the appli drivers being a NOT YOUTUBEer .

Go watch it

oh look more consoleshit pokemon tier games

I want to give that squirrel some nuts

I'm assuming this is squril girls entourage of squrials or something. If not, i would ask each of those things wash before handing the food.

What a great idea, user. Have some official art for your tastes.

Goodbye.

That's fine, just as long as you don't forcefully throw me on the bed and ravage me all night long as i at first pretend to resist and fight you but halfway trough start moaning like a horny bitch, my hips moving on my own and beg you to call me a filthy, breeding sow