Power Stone thread

Okay so this game is fucking awesome and i didn't expect that at all. I downloaded Power Stone Collection to my PSP out of curiosity and i first played PS1, i wasn't amused and it felt more like an early alpha or the concept of a game rather than a finished product so i didn't expect much more from the sequel. Boy, was i wrong, everything about this game is freaking perfect, there are so many fucking items to grab, the stages are constantly changing and the 4-player action is as frantic as it gets. Literally the definition of what a sequel should be, i guess it was kind of nice to get both games for the price of one but PS2 is so much better than PS1 that they might as well could have just ported 2.
Some stuff that bothered me though
Why is this franchise dead? Its fucking awesome.

Shameless self bump

Franchise died with the Naomi single tier board which was phased out before the demise of the Dreamcast. Engine wasn't ported to other hardware and there wasn't good enough returns on DC games nor the arcade cabinet so like many things in the early 00s it was dumped. Many companies went through a soul searching period around that time as did Capcom and their little project with Sega hardware was abandoned.

Rerelease with online support fucking when, I need it in my fucking life, I will inject the goddamn game directly to my veins

I liked the first game but haven't played 2 yet. How does it compare?

In short: Better in every way, while adding new features that make it even better.

I liked power stone 1 better as a kid.
I didn't like the huge roaming action stages and the huge 4-man battles as much. I still played and liked power stone 2, but I like playing 1 more.
There's a lot to unlock in 1. Did you get all the items and characters and VMU games (does the PSP port have the VMU games?)

ITS SO MUCH BETTER YOU WONT BELIEVE IT. EMULATE IT NOW.

It's a fuckload better, there's a ton of items and the maps are constantly on the move so there's always stuff going on. On top of all that any items collected during adventure mode (which is just arcade mode on one life) are stored, which you can then use in the shop to mix them to make new items that will show up at random during gameplay. You can even combine shit up to the point where you make the Dragon Slayer and there's all sorts of crazy combos like mixing a kitten with a bear trap to make a panther or combining a sword with a lightning element card to make a thunder sword and yes, you can get element cards in adventure mode solely for crafting more items and some of them even do crazy modifiers like giving you a random item or giving you two of the result. Not only that but random events can happen during crafting that change the item you get so even when crafting some random shit you can end up getting some really cool item.

I didn't play a lot of 1 to be honest, it seemed to simple, unbalanced and boring to me. Then i tried PS2 and didn't look back.

At least for the Western market, Capcom seems to have this obsession with "COD sales figures" so the fuckers pretty much won't put anything that they think won't sell millions, unless it's obvious cash grabs like re-releases.
They have tons of IPs they could make great games if they'd budget properly and aim for more modest sales figures.
In any case, they're [CURRENT YEAR]'d to shit on top of barely having any dev talent left (probably just Itsuno and maybe Kobayashi) so them not making anything besides SF and RE (and MonHun) is starting to feel like a blessing in disguise.

Noice CRT

I got the images off google, although I have my Dreamcast hooked up to a CRT

What's sad is that PS are the most loved and well known DC games and i think capcom ever gave them so much as a cameo in vs games, let alone a brand new game.
Fucking rip.

The new characters have shit design when compared to the rest and the final boss is garbage.

I thought Falcons father and the item mixing girl were neat.

marry poppins is best power stone

Fuck you, the combos work way better in that game. It's a way better 1v1 game than PS2. PS2 has good frantic fights and level interactivity but it's not as fun 1v1. The item crafting is more tedious than it is fun unless you like boring ass Atelier alchemy with no creativity and needing to grind items to get more items unlocked. It's a really neat idea but I wasn't a fan of it.

You should check out Last Fight if you want a game inspired by Power Stone, too. It's really cheap and I think it's easy to pirate if you want to try before buy.

Capcom. And possibly licensing issues. But mostly Capcom.

That's definitely the cooler part about the Power Stone collection, being able to unlock extra hidden characters.

Have you played PS1 as of late you humongous autist?

Yes, I have. Have you? The stages also don't fuck you over as much so it's more about using the items or knowing what moves you can do and reading what your opponent will do rather than making sure your skateboard goes faster than his when being chased by the giant boulder.

Yes, i booted it half an hour ago and it's just not fun, it feels like the fucking prototype of a game compared to PS2.
Wow no shit, this thread has 20 posts smarty.
Are you trying to make PS2 sound bad there? Because anyone would agree that evading giant boulders on a skateboard is more fun than the other thing, it's a party game first and foremost. I bet you take Smash seriously too.

I take it more seriously than "EVERY STAGE SHOULD BE BIG BLUE GUYS". It's a party game for sure, but not actually fighting is just kind of annoying. It's not as satisfying. It'd be like Bomberman not actually being able to lay bombs to hit anyone because the stage decided to build walls and had other interference because "It's a party game, get over it!" I'm sure someone would think it's fun but it's just not that fun to me compared to a controlled chaos.

Why do people keep saying this? I've never felt that about the game. I'll totally admit some of the aiming is fucked but beyond that I haven't had a problem.

FINALLY we have a true thread for this fucking gem. I always hang out with my brothers and cousin to play this shit until our lungs are out of air and our throats are dried from laughing hysterically at the shit that happens.

I am maining Galuda. Been playing him for years since I really like his strong as fuck special that takes like 1/3 of the hp. I am deploying tactics such as using soap gun or tranquilizers before catching my pray.

Best weapon is the 5 way gun, it basically fucks everyone and make them lose their power stones while you get em and transform.

Best stage is the Submarines. It never fucking gets old and you can not get bored with it.

One of the greatest moments in our play was:

Fuck, why is modern gaming so shit? I wish more people would appreciate this gem.

Step it up.

Power Stone 2 sucks ass. The combat is slow, the powers are nerfed and shitty, the boss battles are awful, the camera can't handle 4 players properly.

I only pick the best character. his voice in 2 is SHIT though.

Did you ever boot up power stone with your friend and see how many times you could throw something back and forth before one of you fucked up the catch?

My negro

Jack's okay, but nippletassle Genie and Ironman are way cooler than extreme bondage.

I appreciate what Power Stone 1 does differently than Power Stone 2, but the mid boss battle is the coolest shit in Power Stone 2, what the fuck are you talking about?

You have shit taste

Stopped reading there. No, I haven't.

Not to mention the new characters are awful.

The final boss fight at the end of Power Stone 1 is the only thing bad about that game, and then the devs decided to fill the sequel with those same type of boss fights.

Kraken and Normal Valgas are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better boss fights because it's a tense battle that requires you to be on the top of your fighting game.

Sorry, i can't hear you over how wrong you are.

Not an argument. The game is significantly slower paces than its predecessor, the powers are not nearly as cool (perfect example of this is the rocket launching from Falcon, what a disappointment), and the camera just can't handle 4 players running around in the arena.

The Egyptian mid-boss was the most boring part of the entire game.

I do agree that Rouge is great. All of her specials are awesome, especially the head of doom thing.

He's right about the Super Forms, at the very least.

I can't believe your shit taste. Scrambling to kill that thing in time is great. It's also a vastly different style of fight compared to what you've been doing up to that point.

Honestly, I don't know if there are any characters I don't like, except maybe Accel. I like his design a lot but I don't like the way he plays.

Jumping up and attacking the head over and over and over sure is ""fun""

Are you actually retarded? You do know how to fight it, right?

You either smack the legs for a few minutes or the head for a few minutes.
The head is faster. It's boring either way.

Do you have to come back and say "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" to every post? Give arguments please.

I could say the same to you. I've said the fights are fun. You've said they're unfun. The best that you can say is "Well, you don't have an argument." When you yourself never presented one if we use your logic about me not providing an argument.

Please highlight where I've said this. Unless you're merely pretending, in which case you can fuck off to whatever cancerous forum you came from.

I am explaining to you what makes the boss fight boring. I said that all you do is smack the head or the legs and that is true.
All the boss does is sit there and take hits until it decides to do some attack you need to take shelter from, then tou just go back to repeatedly smacking a dead weight.
Every single "argument" for Power Stone 2 in this thread has just been "ARE YOU KIDDING ME" in different words.

Learning the tells and figuring out timing of that fight is fun. It's also fun to fight it with another person since you can play adventure mode that way.

Fuck off to whatever cancerous forum you came from, you illiterate nigger. It's not even worth bumping the thread at this point.

The "tells" take ad much time to read as a stoplight.
And a stoplight is a perfect comparison, because all you can do is wait till it's safe to start pounding him again.

It's a gimmicky piece of shit that is fun for a couple of hours with a friend or two, and then forgotten for the rest of your life.
There is a reason games of this specific sub-genre are not being made - it's shit.

You seem awfully buttflustered my friend, Jesus wouldn't like that.

Nice dubs.