Did any of you maniacs actually upgrade?

Did any of you maniacs actually upgrade?

Other urls found in this thread:

netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=9&qpcustomb=0&qpsp=60&qpnp=13&qptimeframe=Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm using Linux Mint on a toaster laptop fron 2009 so no.

Yes. I am a good goy. Thank you Mr. Goldstein for this wonderful product. Reminder that if you have nothing to hide there is nothing wrong with data collection.

Fuck off.

Yes, but I out-yandere her by not letting her call home

Yes because I like to live on the edge

Vid E Oh? Gay erm's?

It was easier to install it than getting the windows 7 install to work. With a pirated enterprise and all the extra cautions to prevent telemetry it's not too bad.

No I have 7 for my home computer.
I have 10 for my office because all computers now come with it installed.

Its pretty shit, ads on the sign in page, this fucking HP warranty keeps wanting to give them my personal info for a warranty that has probably expired now.

It fucking pops up right after I close it and there is no way to get rid of it.

She's still backdoored and will let someone in if they ask her.

who ecks pee here?

All you need is 98, what the fuck do you gain in upgrading?

I'm just glad I have a reason to post this.

You don't even have to be a Holla Forumsfag to realise installing windows 10 would be retarded.

That's windows 8

I got it with my new laptop and I won't downgrade.
But buying or pirating in some way win10 pro is obligatory so this won't happen. Also he is retard, you should know you system well enough so this won't happen.

I did once on my desktop but it fucked with my sound drivers so I went back

Heck yeah I did

I like it more than 7 because the aesthetics, performance, and responsiveness are nice. I don't actually play anything that it doesn't support (like Red Alert 2, I play C&C Generals with Rise of the Reds more often) so it's not a big loss for me. I haven't noticed any major issues with it, and privacy isn't that important to me since all my not-kosher shit is done on other devices (and even then I'm a vanilla fag so it's whatever)

In short?
If you want an OS that's seamless and want to use it with your other devices in an ecosystem, get Windows 10. If not, you have absolutely no reason to upgrade to it and should stay on 7.

Or I can just run a freenas server and plug all my linux devices into my local network and not be a good goy.

Then I'm sure you'll have no issue posting all your email addresses and their passwords so we can all have a browse.

As much as I love CLIs I could never really get into linux. Everything was always a hassle for an outcome that was ultimately mediocre. Because of this, I don't think I could give you a fair, unbiased comparison of Linux to Windows 10. That said, I enjoy being able to get notifications and alarms from my phone on my PC while I work on things with my phone distant from me, and I haven't found a terribly decent method of doing so on Linux.

Considering that any moron could just take that login and change my passwords, yeah nah.

One day earlier last year I woke up and found out that my pc, which I had left on over night to download some vidya, had been installing botnet 10 on its own, didn't even ask me or anything.
I kept it for a few months instead of instantly switching out because I wanted to see if it was anything special and I'm a lazy ass faggot who wanted to play the games I'd left downloading.
I finally went back to windows 7 a few months ago, and let me tell you, wangblows 10 was not different in performance than what I have right now. There also was no windows 10 exclusive feature that I liked and games didn't run any better than they do now on windows 7, so there was nothing that could change my mind on removing windows 10.

Oh yeah, I'd have switched back much sooner if I hadn't disabled updates and I had gotten than one that automatically downloads shite programs from the store without even telling you.

I didn't let my computer update for months and then when I reinstalled 8.1 I missed the free upgrade period. It was only for like 6 months. I'm kinda happy that I didn't get botnetted but kind sad because I can't play Forza.

We had this exact thread yesterday
Operating Systems are not video games, take your autism to Holla Forums

I'm not saying I support the idea, but imagine how much crime and terrorism we'd prevent if the U.S. Government had access to the data of every computer in the country.

At first yeah you'd prevent a fuck ton but the actually smart ones who'd do bombings and shit would get crafty and come to circumvent it.

Arent there even plenty of games that dont even run on W10?

win10 breaking down at my work is bad enough, I don't want that shit at my home, i'm not getting paid for that

Red Alert 2 is incredibly finnicky, Battlezone won't run at all, and if you're into that sort of thing a lot of H-Games need special locale emulation and even then become buggy messes.

(checked)
It's not worth it, trust me.

None of the games I played had any problems running on windows 10 I think, but my DVD drive completely stopped working until I went back to w7. So that also was fucking shit.

You see people comiting terror always posting death to america on facebook and such, and the FBI doesn't do anything about it. So no, it would change nothing.

I think you mean (((Mark Zuckerberg))) doesn't do anything about it.

does arch count?

MAZIONGA

The fuck is up with this post?

shit distro,but yes

By your argument, consoles aren't videogames and should be discussed on tech as well.

Kill yourselves, niggers.
inb4
Enjoy you backdoors, courtesy of M$.

wtf is this shit?

you mad?

okay edgelord, don't shoot up a school now

Do kill youreself

Don't alienate the edgelord he'll actually do it instead of shooting up a college

Even chimps know shame, confirmed nigger.

Kill yourself

It's slackware 14.2 with XFCE as the de and seamonkey as the browser.

Yes. I even tried to unfuck it. I honestly tried.

Gave up and grabbed a Enterprise 64 LTSB ISO. Fuck you too Microsoft.

And I'm still baffled that even in Enterprise there's Xbox integration. Had to dive into registry to disable the gay bar. But what are you going to do? Linux? Ha.
It's all kinda sad because beneath the monetization and privacy rape there's a good OS.

No faggot.

And for Free* too, based MS am I rite goys? Upvoted

It still phones home anyway dingus. Besides, the spying isn't even 1/10th of what's wrong with Windows Tablet Edition.

Obama is a nigger

Microsoft put this bullshit in not one but 2 OSs then.

This

The new version of Win 10 removed pretty much all the Pro options from Pro so it's basically identical.
You can turn off updates manually but now it's a pseudo-rolling release and I wouldn't be surprised if it breaks programs not to update. Updating breaks shit all the time now too though.

Who the fuck plots terrorism on a PC?

Shut up you nigger-loving, beaner importing, kike.

Just get Windows 7, even React OS has an unofficial patch to run NT 6-targeting programs including DX11 games. Soon WINE will have something similar. There is no reason to use Windows 10 unless you want fruity ass apps and everyone knows that React OS and WINE implement shit way more performently than Windows does.

Windows 7. Hell, even Windows 8 is better if you install classic menu.

And start getting used to Linux, you will need to

holy shit, I totally forgot about this. How is it going?

a
u
t
i
s
m

Dual boot linux and win7. Keep 7 only for games and do everything else on your distro of choice. It's not fucking hard.

Not too well.

No. I only use Windows 7, never updated.

Just use programs to disable the shit features, not that hard.

Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, and pirated, and all the automatic updates turned off.

how long is this OS being developed? Looks like running this project is a lot of trouble

Since 1998.

since 1996 or 97 I think, people have been talking about it for as long as I remember going on faggy loonix boards.

I know.

Definitely not heterosexual.

see mom I told you i'm not the worst case scenario.

I actually am gay
checkmate fag

PFFFFFFFFF REALLY? HAH

I wonder what will happen when Microsoft drops Windows 7 support. The shit MS is pulling is very inconvenient for everybody, either costumers or developers. Will corporations continue to throw money on Ubuntu? Will someone else develop a new OS? Will any distro/OS rise to the top?

Fucking called it.

linux has only been gaining market share, it'll pick up the pace once more games start using vulkan. Its not very profitable to lock your consumer base to an OS they don't want to use.

The US govt considers straight white males as the enemy, instead of the Muslims actually bombing people and the niggers actually shooting people.

Nope. Windows Server 2008R2 on the desktop, Linux distros everywhere else. I have no reason to upgrade any of my parts until I hit a game I can't play, which hasn't happened yet. I haven't got a reason to upgrade to Windows 10 yet, although I've heard 10 Enterprise lets you strip things down a bit.
The way they forced upgrades on people with Windows 7/8.1 was horrible, and the fact that they treat Win10 as some kind of rolling release system where the users get all the bugs is worse. A computer is a tool, and if it doesn't do it's job correctly there's something wrong.

Also imagine how much damage could be done by a single bad decision on the part of the US government, or even just a lapse in attention from one of the guys sifting through all that data.
Imagine what a malicious individual could do if they got their hands on even a fraction of that data.
Even a terrorism rate of 0% isn't worth the massive risk of system abuse.

I didn't upgrade when it was free, and now they want shekels so extra no for me.

imagine how much crime we'd prevent if everyone was a soulless chink with no free will slaved to the Master Hive Controller

imagine how much smarter you'd be if you'd just go straight up antinatalist/extinctionist instead of halfassing it with this "let's make humans more inanimate by degrees" horseshit

You wouldn't stop that much. You certainly wouldn't stop petty theft and impulse crime.

If you really want to stop crime, arm all your citizens and expel everyone who isn't either ethnically European (jews don't count and are a cause of massive amounts of white collar crime & pedophile sex crime) or ethnically Japanese.

No violations of privacy needed, hell, your police wouldn't even need guns.

Ok so riddle me this anons. Everywhere I look on the internet for articles about the W10 privacy issues, the solution always is to disable the problematic shit during install by not picking basic when it asks if you want the basic or the advanced choices during install, something you should be doing with every install ever. If you for some reason did select basic, they tell you to go to the control panel and turn shit off. Some articles have you copy a few lines to the host file and/or change one or two things in the registry. What exactly is the big deal?

Imagine how much crime could be stopped if the Government just lobotomized everyone at birth too?

Linux only went up 1% in the last 3 years

Going from windows 7 to windows 10 is a downgrade.

Go ahead and look up how the stats are formed if you want

netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=9&qpcustomb=0&qpsp=60&qpnp=13&qptimeframe=Q

wheres the source

How many of you got forcefully upgraded?
I have a few friends who had that happen.

I did not, because I'm not a fucking moron and I didn't install their bullshit updates

This. Windows update is useless, disable it immediately after installing W7 SP1.

i did on my gaming pc nothing is on it but games. i use it like a console

So you're a steam user.

nice meme fag , at one point or another you have to make a choice . Your "friends" have only themselves to blame

yes

I hope you are ready when MS disables Steam, like they did with Netscape

If you're changing to an inferior thing then that's called a downgrade, not an upgrade.

Reddit pls go

Nice try, but I'm still using 8.1

if that happens they would get hit with the largest DDoS attack in internet history

im on arch linux for shitposting and switch to 7 for gaming
dual booting is easy and much better honestly (WINE is fine too)

use never10 you mongoloid

Shit made me switch to Linux.
>mfw desktop ricing is more fun than modern vidya

Don't fool yourself. Steam users and windows 10 users are the largest group of pacified cuckolds on the planet. They will roll over and take it up the ass no matter what.

Why would people do that when they can just switch to Windows Store™? Because that is Microsoft's plan, and that is exactly what is going to happen.

Are companies getting payed by Microsoft to only develop for Win10?

the windows store is so shitty they couldn't even get CoD players to buy the game on it.

There aren't any good new video games, cuck.

They deserve it for not having turned off updates.

I'm still on W7, and it still works great.

Yes, it's a part of all of the contracts so far for devs that made xbone exclusives that got Windows ports (though Remedy negotiated a timed exclusive for Quantum Break but it doesn't matter since that game sucks anyways).

Yes, but sooner or later Steam is gonna be so broken that the windows store seems like a much better alternative. Again, see what they did with Netscape.

who the fuck is choosing to lose money and release games for Xbone only?

Because microsoft paid them, ya dingaling.

At this point in time a DX12 requirement is a death sentence for any game, that's why the only games you see using it are published by M$. This isn't going to change anytime soon considering every single DX12 Windows Store exclusive game has flopped spectacularly.

my question is

Halo, Killer Instinct and Gears of War for example.
Protip: We are not discussing the quality of these titles or whether or not you like them

Is windows 10 the first version of windows to be unstable since xp?

Vista

are you fucking kidding me ?

that gif makes my day

I forgot vista even existed how silly of me.

I won't even blame you for forgetting vista, it was just forgettable.

Aren't those on PC too

95 and 98 had a few instabilities, but were usable
ME was unstable, and was quickly replaced
Vista had no drivers for a long time, so it was unstable
10 is unstable because Microsoft aren't testing updates hard enough.

They are on win10, but at this point what's the difference?

the half negress was cute

Today i found out i have repressed memories, thanks user.

Both are property of Microsoft now. These are not really "deals"

Repressed memories of saving constantly and still losing work?

Fine. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games

xp was only really unstable pre SP1 . people still use that shit today (you're a dumb ass if you do)

At this point, I can't tell if this is bait or not.

Is there any reason not to?

It's deprecated and a security nightmare.

I'm sorry for your loss

Why would you connect your video game computer to the internet? There, security problem solved.

holy shit, half of the exclusives are so obscure they don't even have a wikipedia page

If you're using your computer for nothing but video games, then why not get a hacked console?

Just like the TSA prevented terrorist getting into planes since 9/11? How many terrorist did they even stop?

Because consoles have shitty game selection and shitty hardware. Are you retarded?

Despite the context that you posted that in I still didn't expect it, 10/10

Nice try, faggot.

Free botnet updates, goy.

Wait, there are people that actually did?

nice try , but you're still a goy

Is there not a disable windows update shit in the control panel anymore
Like I hate this fucking shit too but goddamn it takes 5 minutes to disable

Requesting webm of that person who decoded the images that windows steals off your desktop every 10 minutes

it appears that way

Soon even the plebs can have a whole OS to emulate their vidya

I'll confess my sins father. I was on 7 on a laptop that could melt your balls until it got a bsod. I bought a refurbished laptop that came with windows 8. When 10 came around, I jumped on it thinking it couldn't get any worse than the pseudo tablet garbage. Then I realized pretty much every computer with windows 10 comes with bonzi buddy neo.

Native support that has no obtuse hoops to jump through like installing and configuring wine or no install. Until then W7 is the penultimate os for video games.

ReactOS is just an FOSS Windows OS. No hoops, it just werks.

Which windows is it based off of?

Retards deserve to be taken advantage of.

Retard who installed wangblows 10 spotted.

You can do better than that man.

ReactOS attempts to replicate Windows NT v5.2 (Windows Server 2003), but they'll go for newer versions in the future.

user, it's not that hard to install a new operating system so you don't have to use windows 10 anymore. Retard.

It's not "based" off any particular version. It aimed to be compatible with the 98 set of libraries, then the NT5, and now the NT6 is being worked on.

It has better shims than the real Windows so you can run DOS and Win16 shit natively even though the OS can also run newer programs.

What's the most recent version of DirectX it can run?

Come on user, step it up.

Wew lad

imagine how much crime and terrorism they could CAUSE if the U.S. government has access to the data of every computer in the country

Fat chance, I'm still running XP.

DX11 the unofficial way but in about 2 years (pessimistic estimate) expect DX11 to be really solid.

Until then use Windows 7, they'll only stop making drivers for it come 2020.

We don't need a thread every day.

Nice, I'm fairly sure the highest DX any games on my computer use is DX9. And I don't play new games, so even better. I'll keep ReactOS on my radar, sounds like it will be the only upgrade I might make from Windows 7.

Also can ReactOS change the theme to look like W7, I'm a fan of the aero glass.

It has a live CD so you can try without installing if you're into trying it out.

I bet it's driver support is good and I can't recommend it to novices. It's nifty though.

Why are you using spoilers you fucking faggot?

You realize that the government doesn't need some kind of special permission to browse Facebook, right? They can monitor Facebook and see this shit just like we can.

Kill me, Pete.

WIn10-chan voiced by Ai(pon) Nanoka… what a waste.

no, but deleting all those updates now i cant get defender

wat do

Kill me, Pete. I need your sweet, restful release.

Defender isn't necessary at all, just get the free version of malwarebytes.

You mean "at all". Seriously, MS fired the entire QA team for Windows.

AND HERE WE HAVE THIS CUCK

again with this thread? this was up just yesterday, something is up, smells like surveys, either that or op has pic related

I was on vista up until about 6-8 months ago which i switched to 7. I am on the same computer I have had since 2008, only upgraded sporadically. The PSU is the only original part. The same HDD is still here, vista still intact although I cloned it to a fresh one too keep it hummin. 7 is on a SSD tho. Vista fully upgraded is pretty much just a windows 7 that sucks at using ram, its completely stable though. Early vista was hot trash but it got there eventually.

user, I think you might be the one with the autism.

Yep. They'd do everything away from computers. No electronics around them or you're executed.

I am installing Windows 10 on my desktop as we speak.
What did they mean by this?

Kill yourself

Suicide on the brain?

Kill yourself.

Suicide on the brain.

quads?

fuck

Kill yourself

James bond digit redemption?

FUCK

Not really much. Terrorist would just find a way to circumvent the spionage (which they already do) and in turn all you'd have is a lot of fucking confidential info
No, it doesn't work

sorry you're so right i should go to other internet webzones like reddit and 4chan, you know, the ones you came from and seem to like so much

This board is shit now because of autists like you and barely worth visiting these days. You have no need to go to either of the places you mentioned because you bring them here with you through your faggot attitude and behavior.

No. I haven't used Windows on bare hardware since 7, and I think the 10 VM I used was on another machine.

Nice trips

Only way to play Killer Instinct without buying an Xbone, i also have a loonix (Xubuntu Core customized to my simple needs) drive that i boot when i do not intend to play games or just emulate.

Don't really care about the W10 shit, you are just upgrading from NSA 1.0 to NSA 2.0

Is new Killer Instinct good?

Shill detected.

i love these

No, I installed GWX control panel when the updates were being forced on everyone else I knew. All I need to know is that the transition from 8 to 8.1 broke a lot of my drivers and 10 is spyware. I run Linux Mint on a second salvaged computer and I have plans to convert my windows partition on my main computer to just a console for gaming since I've been using open source software for years anyways and I have very little holding me to windows outside of steam and some DVD's I've had for years.

Kill yourself. nigger

What a waste of a person, you almost got away from all of the cancer.

Give me a non fightcade way to play GG+R and I'll hop ship completely. Until then fuck off.

Pirate all steam exclusives and naturally avoid multiplayer since it's cancer.