Nvidia Shield

Why does the Nvidia Shield with 1920x1200 display sell for $199, but the Switch with 1280x720 display and the same Nvidia Tegra K1 sell for $300? Are we really paying $120+ or something just for the Joycons and HDMI charging dock?

amazon.com/NVIDIA-SHIELD-K1-Tablet-Black/dp/B0171BS9CG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484332229

epic green text. want to explain?

The problem here is that you are a retard and the Switch isn't using a K1.

whats it using?

Something more expensive, use google, get some facts and fuck off.

so in other words, youre full of shit and its a k1 like every report suggested?

fuck off retard.

The Shield is one of the saddest failures of the industry.

Well now I can't tell if you are retarded or shitposting but the Switch is using a custom Tegra X1, the generation above K1 that was never put into an Nvidia Shield portable.

Pretty standard for the retards who post on Holla Forums I guess.

I never game on a small screen and I've never touched anything Nintendo in my life and god willing I never shall so I'm unbiased in this:

Switch uses the latest Tegra chip architecture. This all purely academic, the Switch has Pokémon Zelda and MH so Nintendo fags don't care.

nah, it was just another nvidia product. 1 year after launch and it's at thrift stores or ebay for 90% off, like all PC components.

Typical nintendrone

The latest Tegra is the X2, Switch does not use this.

by your logic a ps2 and a ps3 are the same thing.

The extra $100 is for HD ice cubes.

I want to suck on Miyamotos smegma covered cock

I don't have a lot of (you)s, so settle for this

Because the cheap cost will help you with the medical expenses when the fucker blows up in your hand.

Yeah, no matter how you look at it, Nintendo is over-pricing this generation. If they were using an X1 instead of a K1, that would be more justifiable. But even then, the X1 is not going to cost $100 more per unit than the K1.

Nintendo has overpriced every generation.

Not really; the NES was a price leader, and the SNES, N64, and GC were all priced reasonably.

Doesn't the Shield TV use an X1? The same console that can't even keep up a consistent framerate in Metal Gear Rising or fucking Half Life 2? Latter being hilarious since the fucking Xbox original was more consistent.

$300 is a pretty average launch price for consoles, and only a bit higher than the launch price of the PSP, 3DS, and Vita.

Yet you couldn't just say it 3 post ago you retard fuck off back to reddit

Wrong, retard. The only Nintendo console that was cheap was the Gamecube, the rest were expensive or just as expensive compared to their competition.

Yes, Shield TV uses X1 as does the Pixel C.

Until Developers start talking off the record or a tech savvy User's get their hands on one, I expect Nintendo to say nothing more on the matter.

Fuck off retard, stupid fucks like you and OP deserve nothing but shit

It's probably based on the P1, their newest chipset, not the K1. Price is still ridiculous, I'll wait for the inevitable price drop and removal of paid online when the backlash hits or I'm skipping it entirely.

That would be nice, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

What you're doing is only part of the equation, user.
You have to see how much each console cost to manufacture at the time.

Doesn't the shield work with you having a computer already capable of playing the games? It works just to stream stuff to your TV while your computer runs the game?

It's not outside the realm of possibility. Online play will be accessible for free until the paid service launches in the fall. Suddenly throwing that behind a paywall for early adopters could cause a furor like the rapid 3DS price drop which spawned the Ambassador program.

Head back to reddit.

You'd be a better fit there retard.

Wait, they're launching paid multiplayer later? Whats the point of even having a (((premium))) service then in the first place, why not make it like PS+ was originally where its always free to access online but you could see why you'd wanna upgrade?

No, it is totally beyond the realm of possibility, Sony makes over a billion annually from online subs, with more than 20 million subscribers paying around $60 a year why would Nintendo or any company with a closed infrastructure ignore that pile of gold?

No they won't, and that's the thing that people here fail to understand.

sometimes they fail to pay
like how they failed to pay for a Wii U

That's a different problem, it didn't stand in the way of the PS4's success, I doubt it will do much to the Switche's "success".

Damn shame.

The difference is the PS4 is a home console, which people buy one of per household. Nintendo makes a lot of money getting parents to buy one Nintendo handheld per kid. You got two kids, each gets a 3DS and a copy of Pokemans for Christmas. That's never ever going to happen at this price, and they're never ever going to pay for a subscription for each kid to get online. They're really shooting themselves in the foot here.

IT'S OKAY WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT

You don't have any statistics to back that up so I'm going to ignore your post.

You have a valid point, however I also think you're underestimating what some parents are willing to spend on children in this age when 5 year olds are given iPads. I'm not saying that segment is as large as the market for the $80 2DS, I'm just saying it exists and money is apparently no object to them.

So maybe parents will treat it like a home console in that regard and just buy one? It doesn't matter if you take it outside of the house, all that matters is if it sells.

Maybe go outside sometime or come out of your room at Christmas.

What could possibly go wrong?

poor form.

Really, being completely detached from reality is the only way I can justify not knowing Nintendo's bread and butter.

Nah statistics put majority of Pokemon players in their 20s

Consider suicide.

To be fair, the difference isn't even remotely that big. Certainly not big enough to make up for the difference total price and on screen cost.
Switch price tag doesn't seem very reasonable.

You first, hikki. Maybe you'll see a kid with a 3DS on your way to get rope at home depot.

what sonic game is that shitty city who seems to ba a level an not a hub ?

anyway, aside from sonic adventure1 all 3d sonic seems to be shit

?, it seems to run fine on my shield tablet last time i checked

Because of highly customized hardware driving up the cost as well as the nintendo tax to sell at profit.

Nobody has a single clue what they cost to manufacture, yet they stills ay the prices were reasonable, based on nothing but what the nominal price was. Also a lot of people here probably didn't buy some of these with their own money to begin with.

Going back to the original post, the Nvidia Shield was not a highly demanded product and was likely just Nvidia testing the waters with their own handheld, hence why the price was that low. I don't think anyone here knows anyone else that owns that thing.

The only info they gave is custom Tegra, not what model it is.

Using bottom of the barrel components has been their strategy since the start

limelight came out of the shield so it was worth it just for that

niec jpg

I bought it, but not for gaming. It really is a good tablet.

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you. It's not like Xbones and PS4s immediately told us what model of an AMD APU they were using.

Oh, right because it's not a standard production model. It's a custom Jaguar-based APU, like this is a custom Tegra based chip.

Reggie did say that the 3DS is still going to be supported. Not that you should believe him, but so far we haven't seen any clue that the 3DS is not going to continue or that Nintendo isn't planning on releasing two "handhelds" a generation now: a budget one along the lines of the DS series and a more expensive semi-home console.

Also I agree with this guy>>11707523
that you underestimate the number of money making parents willing to spend 500 dollars on their kids to get a console, two or three games and a paid service (which will come later anyway so it's not like they need to make that investment immediately) as well as the number of single money making males who have enough cash to buy all the consoles cause why the fuck not?

Don't tell me, tell that other user who was sperging about it being a specific model.