Somefag made a s2 thread

Other urls found in this thread:

theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/slent-storm/
gog.com/forum/silent_storm/guide_how_to_get_the_map_editor_to_work_also_for_gog
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Welp, I got the gog version as well but haven't got around to playing it yet. Where the fuck can you find the disc versions these days?

I'm making due with related since the original version would require a blood sacrifice to work on win7

Really miss that leather coat, though.

Where's my fucking webms you pieces of shit

Why not make some yourself you bloody faggot?

So what's the optimal party and pc class? Should I roll an engineer?

(checked)
Soldiers and snipers. One's got those bursting perks and the other critical/headshot ones. Both have great skill caps.

Scouts and Grenadiers. Throwing is surprisingly good for both, and the main difference being that one becomes a huge invisible AP pool and the other can level entire levels with those RPG free refills.

Medics and Engineers. Can't burst for shit, little to no bonus damage, made redundant with bandaids and proactive shelling. Godawful skill caps.

One last attempt to talk about this game

I'm interested.
What's this game all about?

It's a turn-based tactical squad-level RPG. Think Jagged Alliance, now transport it to WWII. There are two campaigns, Axis and Allies, some of the missions are the same for each side, but the objectives are different (for example if you have to defend an area in the Allies campaign, you have to assault it in the Axis campaign). In the end you fight a 3rd faction which is using the war in order to seize control of the world after it ends. They try making their job easier by either stealing or making their own futuristic technology.
There are 6 different classes, gives an excellent overview of each of them, I just want to add that snipers can get a skill which allows them to always inflict criticals when shooting somebody, along with some other OP as shit skills like being able to completely ignoring an enemy's cover.
There are also random encounters and even some special ones which allow you access to some great weapons. One of the good things about this game is just how well designed some of the random encounter maps are, it's not just wilderness like in most games of this type, but depending on where you are, you may even get a random encounter in a train station, for example.

Nice digits.
Sounds like a fun. Downloading now.

You bet your ass it's fun. If you beat the game and want more, there's also Silent Storm Sentinels. It's set after the first game after the war ends and the main character becomes part of a clandestine group called the Sentinels. Along with a completely new storyline, they added weapon degrading into the game and since you're not a soldier anymore you gotta buy weapons and use money to hire other Sentinels. There's also Hammer&Sickle which follows the storyline of the first two games and uses the same engine. However, I've never played it and from what I've heard it's quite a bit worse than the first two games, but you still might wanna check it out.

I'll make an assessment after I get through Sentinels, which this comes with.
I'll just replay… Wait… Maybe I should teach myself to code and make my own. Also, Final Fantasy Tactics/Tactics Ogre.
Don't mind me. I'm kinda drunk still.

It's pretty good if you don't mind segments suddenly being in Russian or cut content related dead ends. The story's about being a SMERSH tier operative using former SS elements to fight the Allies and later on the mandatory TH operatives.

Little to no PKs and related bullshit if I remember correctly.

Like said except you get to destroy just about everything on the map. We've talking cutting thru walls with LMGs and indiscriminate RPG fire. There's also mecha and lasers if you don't disable them with mods.

Where's the smut?

I didn't want to say anything.
Inb4 that autist is like fuck off leftypol for whatever reason. What a nice meme.

Nah man, it's not (((them))).

It's a shame that Panzerkleins are such disappointmens, seriously how the fuck can one fuck up mechs?

This game was pretty fun.

By building them in the 40s?
It's not like humans know what they're doing. We just build on what smarter people already made.

Is this how bioware was able to get away with as much pandering as they did?

I mean from a gameplay standpoint. I always play with the mod that removes them because when they show up the enjoyment of the game deteriorates so much that you don't bother trying to beat it anymore.

You misunderstand. I was also merely making an observation.
My point was that I didn't want to open that can of worms and dereail the thread with faggotry, as is always the case in those situations.
I thought "gamers" were good at recognizing simple patterns. Maybe I've just been on the intertubes too long and am applying my logic to other humans.

It is possible to complete that mission to sneak into the Russian guy's house the stealth way in Sentinels, just stupidly difficult and requires obtuse tactics (get a sniper with a silenced gun to miss so he lures only the guards outside away while not breaking the conversation inside)

Also throwing is stupidly broken.

Understood. I was coming from a realistic standpoint.

The main issue I had with them is how they obsolete everything else, which is admittedly their point I guess. I just want to play with the normal endgame weaponry like FG42s and STG44s and not bloody plasma rotary cannons.

Which is one of the reasons why I think that there are really only 2 tiers in SS when it comes to classes: shit (engineers and medics) and good (everyone else).

No, it's a problem on the weekend. Someone makes something remotely political and the leftist cucks come out of the woodwork to derail a thread. This has made the normalfags weary about making simple observations that might "derail" the discussion. I'm shocked that Holla Forums will let a bunch of cucks dictate what and what isn't allowed.
Though I guess the random bans from the mods don't help the situation. This entire site needs a good purging.

I really feel like playing again, any good mods for the game?

Remove mech suits.

For original game, get the one that increases the skill gain for medical and engineering as well as the one that increases grenade range (this makes one special encounter hell though).

I'd say get AmmoFixes, something that kills PKs, FastMod, the stock headshot and inventory AP cost. Optionally hunt down some uniform mods.

It's the weekend. Don't beat yourself up since this whole site feels like normalfags infest this place during this time. Feels bad when the retards actually use autism as if it's an actual insult. Last I checked, autists on this site just tend to notice shit better and have a bit more foresight than the average user.

Am I autistic, or am I just a human from yesteryear?
Please tell me.
divinecybermancy.jpg

>not looking to the digits

But I can't be autistic. I'm a nigger.

I assume there's currently no known place to get original CD version?

It is, but it's Russian, yep.

(checked)
(checked)
The screenshots are in russian, sure, but I'm downloading it anyway with the hope that I can either install it in english or just search for translation files
theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/slent-storm/

I suppose I should've included it in the OP
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:HHFCI6IDO5YPPHTE2RJJHKWU73ZW3BWA&

Well fuck me apparently this game won't work on 64-bit systems with more than 4GB of RAM.

Does this work without issues?

Your mileage may vary but yeah, both the editor and the games should work. And for reference I've got win7 64 and 8GB.

Thor's Hammer did nothing wrong

wew I fucking suck

JUST

R8 my character

gog.com/forum/silent_storm/guide_how_to_get_the_map_editor_to_work_also_for_gog

worth it

If everytime you set up a bomb you say "Tick Tock" or ”Grahaha", then he has my approval.
Also no guns, he just pins bombs onto people.

cheeky / breeky

Funnily enough I managed to get the anthology version to run A-OK.

Surely some PPSh brrrt would be acceptable?