SAVE YOURSELF

ALL OF YOU FUCKS, MAKE YOUR OWN FUCKING GAMES, NOW
YOU HAVE NO FUCKING EXCUSES
EITHER YOU LET VIDEO GAMES DIE OR SLAY THE DEMONS OF INDUSTRY AND MAKE YOUR OWN FUCKING VIDEO GAMES
RIGHT FUCKING NOW

No

NAH CONSOLE FAGGOTS ARE WEAK PATHETIC DRONES
THEY SHOULD QUIT BITCHING AND MAKE THERE OWN FUCKING GAMES ON A GLORIOUS PC

Cuckchan please leave. Switch is not awful, but mediocre console. Few good games, shit features.

I want video games to die, so this works out for me.

Only thing I'm toying around with at the moment is a VN series that delivers on what the initial concept of Epic Mickey was going to be.

Character designs are done, settings are still rough art, but the writing is what I'm stuck on. Coming up with genuinely funny scenarios is difficult.

Do I get to be smug?

OH YES THIS. OP YOU ARE A WONDERFUL PERSON!

No, its a special type of trash.

Honestly at this point I'm OK with letting video games die.

it would be nice if we could get alot of the foss linux crowd to make some things like ftl and space station 13.

Do it yourself you lazy faggot.

I will. but I want others to do it too. fuck you.

All that remains of my love of vidya is that it die in peace and be reborn years from now as a niche hobby again.

am right now actually
called it 'trump rpg'
set out the framework for the intro and the player can now explore most of the playable gameworld, but anything else is non-existent.
database is almost set up, just gotta work on more balancing and spells, especially enemy types and enemy abilities, along with attacks, attack patterns.
items, armour, and weapons are only 6 of each so that needs a overhaul real soon.

I would, but I'm too lazy, and as long as the people who make games at least put them out at a reasonable price, there's no motivation for me to be anything more than a free range ideafag/critic.

I think that's most of our dreams now. I mean, when was the last time any of us were genuinely excited when a game got announced instead of instantly depressed or fearful of how they would ruin it.

Vidya and Comics have definitely taught me that it is better for things to run their course and die with dignity than be mutilated into the shambling corpses we see now.

currently working on something like a combination of ss13 and FTL, but FOSS. and on linux. totally free, like minetest free.

I've got enough old games to last forever. There being only one game I may like that comes out each year isn't really a big deal to me.

The Nintentoddlers are out in full force I see.

I used to like the Wii U, but now I hate nintendo so much that I'm done with them.

I'm about to release an overhaul/expansion mod soon if that counts. I plan to make actual vidya at some point but this will do for now.

I don't WANT to make games. The idea of playing a game that I've made doesn't interest me in the slightest. If I win at all I'll automatically feel like it was because I gave myself too much of an advantage, and nobody likes only losing or making unwinnable games.

Learn to git gud at kicking your own ass. Create obstacles and enemies you know will challenge you with all your experience in that respective genre you want to add to.

I can't draw, I can't code, I can't model and I don't understand how to design games.

You mean don't know how to, not can't. Big difference.

ok

I'm too lazy/antisocial to link up with people of the trade.

So I'm going to post gameplay ideas in hopes to inspire somebody.

Multiplayer 3D FTL
Granted, it would work in 2D as well, but I really like the idea of being vacuumed

Alternatively it's just a ship customization and dogfight game with boarding mechanics.

motivation?

Swords and sorcery killbox game.
This is meant to be like TF2, M&B meets Chivalry and Rainbow Six. Medieval feel.

Slow, political resource management campaign game. Few players, 2-12 or so. Goal is to kill others and take their power. The players are Kings and sorcerers, and have multiple ways of dealing with the situation.
Idea is to have multiple players forming factions against the top dog, only to have backstabbing happen.
Not sure if this should be 4h or 40h game, though.

Pulsar Lost Colony is pretty much this idea already.

Where do I start

King Arthurs Gold and there was a similar one about stealing the princess is also this one.

Conquest of Elysium is also kinda like this.

i have no time because of exams
after them i won't have enough time because i'll be looking for a job/working

Guess I got something new to try out. Thanks.

mr moseby was probably just listening to the radio

People who say this don't know what they're talking about. Even /agdg/, the board/general that's specifically about making games hasn't made anything.

There's like

cucks, the lot of you

Indeed, games are a group effort or a mania. Budgeting group efforts is hard work by itself.

hatechan agdg does have couple of devs with Steam releases. They're just obscure shit.

>There's like

ok op ill do it for you

ill get back to you in like 10 years

you can do all of those at an amateur level in about 1-2 years

and then make a fucking shit game no one wants to play

so just make a shit game that you want to play

This is true story:

Started making visual novels in 2006 with Renpy

John Carmack Tranny aka Christine Love is actually from my graduation batch

Made / contributed to about a dozen freeware
First commercial game 10 years onward (just last year).

Started Unity in 2009 and UE4 in 2014, finally becoming the one man studio* I wished to become.

I am confident enough to be able to create ANY type of JRPG now, it's just time/money issue at this point and I have tons of unfinished projects I'm still working on.

* with freelancers who either do concept art, make models / animations or music

To have standards is not to be entitled. Although I'd say that I'm entitled to a life worth living and it includes good things.

I only remember Xenoraptor, whose dev was only here during the early days after first exodus, and Uncanny Valley, whose dev (or artist?) only stayed for a very short time.

Speedbot / Hypnorain dev
Azurea Juncture VN dev

Eh, it's a start I guess.

Ok, here's my idea, guys.
You play as a Sonic and you go through this beautiful city and help everyone with their side quests. Then an Eggman shows up and kidnaps the princess and you have to go on an adventure through a desert and a forest. You can fly through the air as a Knuckles and kill your enemies and at the end you have to use the power of friendship to defeat the Eggman and then you get a kiss from the princess and you save the Chaos Emeralds. The soundtrack will be 100% eurobeat to achieve maximum fast.
I call it Super Sonic Odyssey. What do you think?

But I am le tired

I would, but unfortunately all my other kids are healthy. But don't worry, I'm an ultra-progressive liberal fuckwit who probably doesn't vaccinate their children. I'm sure I'll have the material I need to make a new game in a few years when another of my brood dies of Yellow Fever or TB or Polio - or some other shit we thought was eradicated decades ago.

i took fucking 5 days off, calm your pussy i will be back at /agdg/ today

hypnorain dev is a bro

Why live?
This plane of existence is absolute trash

Is this dragoncancer man? He has a cute wife, way too cute to have produced half a dozen children.

But I don't have any programming skills. I tried getting into it a couple of times, but it's not for me.