Beloved series that you just cannot get into

Tried quite a few games with pic related. Cannot get into the games. Probably due to the piecemeal nature of them and I can't hack the artstyle.

Start with Planet Robobot, then go to Triple deluxe.
Then go to Return to Dreamland, after that Superstar for the DS and then Nightmare in Dreamland.
Etc

Fuck that, Robobot and Triple Deluxe feel 100% identical, they have the sterile consistency that new Mario games have now

No play Kirby Super Star first.

I don't understand.

They really don't. Robobot feels like its own beast. If you want to say anything feels the same then compare XYORAS and Sun/Moon

What a snoozefest

Only Final Fantasy game I liked was the original Crystal Chronicles.

Mega Man Zero ruined all platformers for me. I have just never found a platformer that controlled as tightly or played as quick and cleanly as it.

Mario and Sonic have too much acceleration to them, and Mega Man X just feels too slow.

Boy, Shadow the Hedgehog, New Super Mario Bros/3D World would be an absolute nightmare for you then.

I did play a little bit of that.
I thought I downloaded a broken iso.

I'm glad it doesn't bother me as much as it bothers you, and I'm the type to fucking haaaaaaaate the majority of vidya.
What do you recommend?

It's the same physics, same 3-5 unique collectibles per level plus keychains/stickers that give a random chance. Same "stage in background and foreground", same superpower given once per level. Only difference is the robobot doesn't make the game a cakewalk after you get it, and allows for a little experimentation with copy ability. Even the end of level minigame is just a reskin across the two titles. Dream Land 3 plays different from Super Star, which plays different from Amazing Mirror, which plays different from Kirby's Adventure. They all have some inherent feature, be it how the copy ability is managed, or how you progress through the levels. Neither Triple Deluxe nor Robobot have that feature to distinguish each other, they're essentially skinned differently

Have you played Shining Force, Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, etc. as well? FE is a shitty series in comparison

The only game I both liked and finished was pic related. Every other game I get bored of very quickly.

If you're asking about 2D then Mega Man Zero is my shit.
When it comes to 3D… not really my genre. Lovely Planet is the only thing that comes to mind and that's more of a Platformer-FPS.

I second this one. I tried the minish cap, phantom hourglass, and Majora's mask, and I liked everything about them except the gameplay.

The only Zelda that i enjoy is the NES one.

Ironic, knowing that's the only Zelda game I really don't like.

Sun/Moon felt like Game Freak actually gave a damn this time, maybe because of the change in direction.

For some reason I don't like Link to the Past. Link's Awakening, the Oracle games, Majora's Mask, and to a different extent the first game are my favorites in the series. I would put Wind Waker on that list if it was finished, but I finished it anyway. Anyone seeing any patterns I'm not? Aside from not doing that "do intro dungeons then do the harder ones" like Link to the Past, OoT, and to a lesser extent WW do? I should also note I kind of gave up on the series after WW, I assume it's sort of the same with TP and SS is just all around shit.

No he has to start with the Game Boy Advance games first. They have the best controls, plus Amazing Mirror is really OP.

Oh lordy, that was the one that got me into the franchise.

To this day, I still don't understand the appeal.

I can't find anything about mario games interesting. I played 64 back in the day and it was fine, but not fantastic or anything. I like sunshine a lot though, but that's more because I have a boner for tropical settings in general/

On the flip side, I am a shamless Halo fanboy.

It had nice turn base system and they fucked it up. Only I beaten was Bravely Default and only because I switched to easy and turned off enemy encounters and ran through it without grinding.

Also Zelda titles to extend. I am trying to beat Ocarina of Time for over a year but every time I get 2D game like Link Between Worlds I beaten in one sitting. Spirit Tracks went on hiatus for me but I also beaten 3/4 of it in something like two sittings, I need to go back to it.

Try Link's Awakening. They condense the hell out of the gameplay in that one.