Empires of the undergrowth

Will it be good, Holla Forums? 18K is a little low for a 3D video game.
gamejolt.com/games/empires-of-the-undergrowth/144667
kickstarter.com/projects/eotu/empires-of-the-undergrowth-rise-of-the-colony
youtube.com/watch?v=G8lfaBPw2_8

I'll download the demo right now and see if if the base gameplay is any good. You can try it out with me.

(personally I'd prefer a empire of spiders game, but spiders are anti social cunts)

Looks interesting. Empire of Ants was one of the first PC games I bought as a kid. The concept was really interesting to me, but the game turned out to be a buggy mess. Real shame.
I hope these guys manage to pull it off better, I'll give the demo a shot too.

Look for handouts somewhere else.

HEHEHEHE, I LIKE U

18k doesn't seem that low since they're making common rl bugs and not some wicked fantasy/sci-fi monsters.

How about you make the game THEN I give you my money?

18k is just a little over what a single person would earn working full time at minimum wage over a single year.

18k is barely anything.

I'm retarded, this is in bongdollars, however 18k still only amounts to one person working full time and another working part time.

You should always be wary of projects that ask for suspiciously little money - if they're only supposedly 10k away from completion, why the hell weren't they able to acquire a business or even a personal loan?

You should be wary of all kickstarter projects anyway.

They've already done better than most but £18k is a tiny amount to make a game. Are they planning on DLC whoring afterwards?

Oh, absolutely.

Another thing to note - 54% of the money is actually going to development, which means that 18k is now closer to 9k, if their cost breakdown is to be believed, also

20% of their budget is going towards a vacat- er, "Business trip" to Germany.

This sounds to me like a game that's pretty much already complete and they're just using Kickstarter to rustle up free publicity and act as a form of pseudo-preorder.

I wouldn't call going to modern Germany vacation.

I decided to spend a few days playing SimAnt on NES and then the PC/Mac versions. I decided that while the SNES version has 100% more charm, it was better to be able to have multiple windows up.

Meant to say SNES whoopsie

I've played the first level of the demo and I can't say I'm impressed. It plays like an extremely simple dungeon keeper clone. Literally the only thing you do is destroy walls, collect food, store food in your food storage, build nesting grounds for your worker and warrior ants (only two types total) and kill enemy bugs. The novelty wore off after a minute and then it was just tedious.

I might give the other levels a shot later today, but I'm not excited about it.

Kickstarter is probably safer than taking out a loan. You may get hated through kickstarter, but you won't owe anyone money.

Started the other two missions and took a look at my build options. No new options, just the same old food storage and two units.
If the demo is supposed to sell me on the game it isn't making a good job. The game would be a really good university project or a decent free game to get some programming experience, but demanding money for this is pretty brazen.

Loans are not as cost-effective.
In reality, though, they expect to use this to work full time and part time so they turn a profit on the product.
The product that they will be selling.
It's not like after the kickstarter they just disappear off the face of the earth.

I would have liked to try out the surface mechanics. In it's defense it's far better than the other Dungeon Keeper clones on the market but I would have liked to have seen more complex mechanics but not sure if the devs have that planned since they said they wanted "Realism"

Why the fuck was there Scout from TF2 with a metroid on his head in the top left corner of the video. Is this some kind of retarded pretend face cam, where you can't even see the face thus defeating the fucking point.