Capitalism, Ho!

Are there any games where you can play as a Happy Merchant? I miss Recettear.

Other urls found in this thread:

rpgmaker.net/games/8055/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Guild 2

Shekel Clicker

What even happened to Carpe Fulgur anyway? I was hoping for more simple yet enjoyable games to be brought over by them.

Runescape

this right here

The Tropico series, which is less about just making economic gains through capitalism and more about jewing the Soviets and the Amerikikes at the same time and getting all their development aid.

One of them almost offed himself

I replayed it and it frankly sucks. No depth, too easy, fucking terrible dungeon crawling, not enough twists to keep it interesting. It's one of those games people are too busy memeing about and having nostalgia that they don't realize it was bad.

Stardew Valley?

Sure, you're more of a farmer/miner/fisher/whatever, but it still focuses on selling your shit.

Their games sucked, i played that action RPG of theirs with N64 graphics and shitty art. What a waste of money.

You disappoint me user.

Try Space Rangers 2. War profiteering and price manipulation: space slav edition. Europa 1400 and Machiavelli the Prince also come to mind.

What the fuck
Not only you can become the ultimate merchant by exploiting people's needs and lacking of basic stuff, but you can also use many ways to remove competition

he had a melt down on his blog where he said he tried to commit suicide (except for taking any action which might result in his death).
i'm still pissed that the tits pc port got delayed months because of that whiny cunt.

(checked)
Good suggestion, those are good games.

That really got me when I played that, I thought it meant to buy the guy a beer.

Then why don't you play it?

Are you fucking retarded?

fuck that developer, since i've tried rune factory i see starjew valley as a watered down copycat

to OP, try rune factory

What?

What?

here's your (you), but you could have tried harder

and about the stardew vs rune factory, it's true

combat is fun: different weapons, even magic if you so choose
you can craft and improve better weapons
better waifus: not only the character design, but also their arcs and personalities
better dungeons: actual level design, not "random generated" small floors

starjew is a low-effort rune factory copy

Half-off Hero
rpgmaker.net/games/8055/

Fun concept, haven't beaten it, final boss is too fucking hard. It's possible to git gud and attack him earlier in a weakened state but he is still too fucking hard.

Start by taking out a loan, buy an extra item box for the shop, and stock a pattern of items that lets you can sell something to everyone. Peasants really like one of the cheapest items so sell them that to raise your multiplier. Sell everyone else expensive stuff and the multiplier will earn you back more than your investment. When you get really rich, buy a shitload of magic scrolls and use them to win battles. I think my sale pattern was swords, scrolls, clothing, and the cheap item.

Who is Retarded? Is he a cool guy?

Last I head just some random faggot prone to fucking apes.

As other anons said, one of the goons from CF almost killed himself (or that's what he said on his blog).
They worked with XSEED for their Trails in the Sky project and couldn't meet deadlines.

CF were mediocre translators out of somethingawful, and their localizations are subpar. If you're looking for more cute games like Recettear, it's EasyGameStation who you should be looking for - they're the devs. Aside from Chantelise, they also made an unofficial sequel to a PS2 air combat game, Skygunner.

That was its fucking name! What an atrocious game.

Recettear is a lot more fun, indeed.
The Skygunner 'sequel' is pretty fun though - it's called Gunner's Heart.

I'll give you that Rune Factory is the real deal, but this is just wrong. ConcernedApe did a lot for just one guy.

Rather than a copy of Rune Factory, Stardew's more like a clumsily-written love letter to the series.

Chantelise wasn't a bad game persay, it just had a lot of issues working with the 3D, and the difficulty curve occasionally gave me a headache.

It was a cute game, and wasn't bad, but Recettear was a lot more fun.

Game is my favorite type of game but the difficulty was nuts. Low poly count hack and slash with a hub town is my favorite genre but chantelise's difficulty curve didn't even make we want to put in the effort to use cheat engine. Now the devs are ded and so is japanese PC gaming.

THIS IS WHY THE JAPANESE VIDEOGAME INDUSTRY WILL ALWAYS BE INFERIOR. A or AA games + PC is superiorest.

PC died a sad death in Japan, they've always been console focused, which does seem kind of strange considering just how much weaponized autism they've got going there.

And while we're on topic, is there a Jew simulator? You know, infiltrating a foreign society, squeezing them out of their shekels, degrading their culture and creating strife before it all comes crashing down?

Saboteur :^)

Which Rune Factory is best to start with?

The one you can play on PC :^)

I wish recettear was a better game. It really needed a wider variety of customers and more upgrades for leveling. It was especially terrible how Grundy and slow it was to collect recipe materials with that limited inventory.

It is coming, right? Right?

Don't forget how he tried to censor a shit ton of crap and how carpe fulgur censors all of their games.

rune factory 3, unless you have a 3ds then it's probably a toss up.
personally i hated the combat in the rune factory games, but at least they have more charm than modern mainline harvest moon.

What Harvest Moon game would you recommend if you don't like the Rune Factory games?

hm64 was always my favorite but the snes game was really good too.

Thank you god

I would say Harvest Moon: Back to Nature as well.

I wish there was a sequel for The Guild 3 with a map editor and good multiplayer.

I hate that bitch always breaking my combo.

Speaking of capitalism, why hasn't anybody made a game about Ghost yet? It'll probably be easy to make a troll terrorist simulator about him because his responses are always the same.

Needs an update to completely replace the cookie theme.

Yeah, I was tremendously disappointed when I found out. I decided to just ignore regular Fortune Summoners and get the Deluxe one instead even if it's in Japanese - it's very simple dialog after all whereas CF's 'localization' is basically toddler dialogue with no sense whatsoever: holy crackers, yepperoni, the fuck is that?

I just don't understand why the fuck localize JP cute loli indie games if they hate that kind of thing in the first place.