Hidden gems this, hidden gems that, hidden my butthole...

Hidden gems this, hidden gems that, hidden my butthole, it always end up being about the same games everyone has heard of by now, lets dig for some good shit that never got enough love from your system of preference

first we gonna ease into it with some smooth ps1 lube that actually got mentioned in a somewhat recent thread.

Cyberorg is a dopeass beat em up-run n gun-dungeon crawler thingy, shits a japanese release but the menus are in english

Submarine commander is exactly what it says on the tin, you command a fucking submarine in the post apocalypse, nuff said

People here mention Carnage heart EXA for the PSP, but I dont remember seeing people mention the ps1 entry, you get to program a mech wich microchips and shit before you send it to battle, pretty cool if you dont have ADHD

Rising zan is the old grandpa of DMC and possibly God Hand, the earliest 3d Hack n slash game that I know of, you cut shit, you shoot shit and the music is fucking amazing, search the intro in youtube, if you dont want to play after seeing it you are a nerd, I think this one is on the ps1 chart but I never saved it for some reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

qnap.southernwave.net/RISINGZAN_THE_SAMURAI_GUNMAN_ORIGINAL_SOUND_TRACK.zip
serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=53111
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've been playing the Cotton series of shoot 'em ups and have been very happy with them. The best is definitely Cotton 2 boomerang - which builds on the "grab" mechanic introduced in Cotton 2 and builds levels more around waves of danmaku and lines of enemies laid out in certain patterns. It also introduces different shot patterns for the player, you have a really impressive level of control over where your shots go and what kind of shots they are. With each character having their own unique pattern too. It's a killer game that seriously rewards some super risky playing such as positioning yourself and using the new grab (more of a punch/grab) to punch waves of bullets away and deliver ridiculous damage to bosses. It's pretty awesome how you can grab almost everything in the game world too. Seriously good cute 'em up.

The mission binding me to this world is now complete, I can finally move on.

Now if I can get people to play Steel Empire and Battle Mania Daiginjō. To bad nobody but me likes to play shmups on the Mega Drive.

Last time I saw a Darklands thread first ten replies were muh indie pixelshit, Mechcommander ended up with there was a MC1?!, Independence Wars 2 was star citizen XDD, Battle Brothers thread was dead in the water and even Startopia derailed into yet another marxism bait thread.

Cirklejerks are cancer by sheer definition but their brand of autism is usually the only thing keeping shitbait checked.

Anyway, I offer Tale of Wuxia. It's a weird as fuck turnbased cRPG coupled with a VN and a raising sim, and based on a thunderbolt fantasy tier chink fairytales. You get to be good, evil, drunk, really evil, really evil while drunk, find a waifu, collect a harem, rape a shaolin monk, cure or cause a plague that decimates the entire land and more. Usually all in a over the top slice of life kind of way.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:TEXB5IRDR7I577HHCCT74VPJTQSIIUIG&dn

Drakan Order of the flame and Ancients' Gates are pretty fun 3rd person hack and slash games.

Did you like EDF?
Heres linear scripted FPS EDF from 2005

I played this game so much…
Each character have a very different weapon, and the levels can be quite challenging.
From the time Konami was good.

That game could have been good, but sadly the number of enemies is so fucking low. Especially in its coop missions. Could be cool if there was a patch somewhere to have 10 times the enemies.

No its not and coop only gets hectic on later waves.

I'm playing Gleylancer user.
You're not alone

Carnage heart is my jam, I fucking adored EXA on PSP.

I desperately wish there were more programming games like it, too many of them fall into the overly simplistic "move a couple variable sliders left/right" category or are literally just an entire programming language with a basic game wrapped around them. Carnage Heart seemed to be the only game out there that occupied a perfect middle-ground, to me.

It seemed way too fucking low for me. Perhaps I made a mistake somewhere or have to turn something up, will try it out later today.

OP here, have two more games you fucking nerds

Silent bomber is really fucking weird, you basically plant bombs under your enemies to make combos and blow stuff up for being haram.

Kula World (or roll away) is a 3D puzzle platformer in wich you are a ball and collect shit, way more entertaining that it sounds, again, look this shit up matthewmathosis did a cool video on it if you are not allergic to e-celebs

Just tried it. It was pretty bland and I didnt care anymore after beating the second boss

The music was cool

Pitfall: The Lost Expedition

Wakle plays like ass, the game was made with the unlockable female characters in mind.

My nigga

At the risk of posting the same thing everytime, Gotcha Force. It's fantastic in Dolphin, too. Really good beat-em-up, just wish the setting wasn't retarded kids saving the world. I think this engine was reused to do the newer Gundam Vs. series games. The setup and results are basically just different skins.

Also, you niggers should emulate NGPC and play Card Fighters Clash. It's a really simple but fun card game from when Capcom didn't suck dicks and SNK still made hardware.

Because I'm an asshole who likes to shill myself…here's this. I made a follow-up video, but I won't torture you niggers with that. I will give you guys this though:

qnap.southernwave.net/RISINGZAN_THE_SAMURAI_GUNMAN_ORIGINAL_SOUND_TRACK.zip

Here's a download for the full OST. I got in contact with Atsunori Namba (One of the composers) while making this video and he uploaded the OST for download. I was able to get in contact with Masaki Shimizu as well (the concept artist for Rising Zan). He gave me some neat information on Rising Zan and he said that he and Makoto Sunaga (Current President of Studio Zan) still want to make another Rising Zan game someday, but they apparently have to make mobile games nowadays to stay afloat because everyone in Japan loves mobile games. I really hope that they make another Rising Zan game. I still think it's a fucking awesome game that deserves a sequel or a remake. It actually took a little while to find out that Studio Zan owns the rights to Rising Zan because there's virtually no information on UEP Systems on the internet. Here's hoping that we may someday get another Rising Zan game.

Funny thing, I subscribed to you yesterday after watching the SaGa frontier video. Pretty dope.

I kinda took a liking to longass analythical videos on the style of mathosis and joseph anderson, keep it up and dont be a nigger like that other Holla Forums resident with an anime channel that hasnt updated in a year.

mind if I ask what are you going to cover next

I'll try to not be a nigger, user.

And sure, I'm making a video on Gone Home.

Trust me though, I'll be covering some shit that I haven't seen in any other video about it so far, especially those fuckers at Polygon. It's mostly done, I just have a few more things to record and a bit more editing to do.

You would think fuckers here would have latched onto that game.

Not that fun, to be honest. It's got a charm if you like Fate, and if you want it to be closer to the lore than Unlimited Codes, but otherwise it never felt quite right to me.

Rising Zan is really cool if a little dumb and cheesy but I'd love to see a remake done properly of it. It looked pretty good to start with too, not a whole lot I'd change.
Holy shit user, you can't do that, how will those poor journos at Polycuck stay in business if you give actual news and interviews from developers instead of spreading the narrative?

I'm sure that they'll just make 50 more "Gamers are Dead" articles and make 6 million shekels instead.

Unfortunately, the game had to be rushed and the final boss is seriously underwhelming, but most of levels are really fun and cool. The draw distances and level size is amazing for a Dreamcast game but the framerate can get kind of low in outdoor areas which is unfortunate.

You get some really cheesy dialogue, and a well-voiced intro for each level detailing your objectives and the totally made-up history of the location. It straddles the line of 'generic fantasy story not meant to be taken seriously at all' and 'this feels like these are real places in a real world with real history.' The dialogue for the characters is pretty campy and you have two choices of who to play as with unlockable abilities and upgradable stats (warrior man and magician lady)

Crucis fatal/fake, those are 2 different things and it's really that important. If you didn't know about this, check it out, definetely worth it if it wasn't for dissapointment that is a absolute trash netcode.
Well, I believe it doesnt have an online play and it's not popular on any tournaments I imagine, so why would they. Even dead in the water melty blood has those to some extent.

Super Robot Wars J

It's like Fire Emblem with deeper combat and customization.

GBA emulators run on every smart phone, so get it.

Why do Nipponese works always have trigger discipline but supposedly "American" ones never do?

Because nippon has a culture of discipline and america doesn't?

oh wow, i never expected Chzo. it's okay but probably not worth your time.

It's very good for what it is, and short too, so, I believe, everyone should try and see for themselves if it's worth their time or not.

internet ate my pic

This game is alright. Short enough that it's worth checking out. Pick one of the girls, all have different abilities and mechs, fight some gay aliens.

Can vouch for Gatcha Force.

Arx Fatalis should be played on modern machines with Arx Liberatis.

Always wanted to try the Gyrozetter game but thought about watching the anime first.

trying this out. i stopped at war in the pocket as much as it concerns mecha so i don't understand who is who and what is exactly happening but i'm liking it so far.

shit man. i adore puzzle mode. it reminds me of that sick ass yu-gi-oh game with a similar feature

bump for sex appeal

Made by the nip who made fire emblem tear ring saga is literally old school fire emblem.
there's a fan translation who as far as i understood got updated quite recently the time i played it it kind of sucked. maybe now it is better?

I always post Silent Bomber OP
Lurk moar you giant fag

There are two fan translations. This one is pretty good: serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=53111

Thanks user, I've been trying to remember that game's name for a long time.

Sometimes I wonder if those threads do any good.

namefag sure dont do any good m8

Jewpuncher has rollback netcode using abkcaster. Just no lobbies or shit like that.

Every so often an OG xbox game gets talked about and I just bemoan the lack of a good Xbox emulator. I have 2 OG Xboxs that still work but it's way more convenient and easy to upscale in emulators (usually).

Reminder that the PSP version of 2 is the best version even if it's in moonrunes.

First time I'm seeing this game in one of these threads. Just downloaded it and playing it on my PS3. Shits dope

The problem is that I could list some games almost nobody played and then there wouldn't be much conversation. And most of it is weebshit.

Hidden gems are hidden because as you say everyone is playing whatever is being marketed. There's a reason why a Witcher 3 thread gets replies.

Kula World was on many demo CDs, it's not hidden gem at all.

wew

Fucking RTB nigger. This was awesome.

How come shit like Roblox kept going and this died?

>>11692095
Tell me more about cyberorg
does it uses the second analog? does it uses L2-R2? i wan't to play something new on my psp

But it isn't a reason to not spread the word about unknown games to others that you think are good.
You do this so there potentially could be more conversation in the future. Maybe also because you want some attention now for posting something like it, but it shouldn't be the deciding factor if you believe that that is not what's going to happen.
Oh, so that is the main reason for why you don't post it, because you inherently know that it's shit :^). Just post it.

Well, it doesn't have a typemoon universe backing it with lots of fans willing to go through it to fight the characters they already like.

ID fag*
Using a feature that was taken away from me by my goverment.

I believe you are missing the point, while it's true that the concept of the thread is flawed, but I believe it's more likely for the game to be shite if it was never mentioned beforehand, and hidden gems imply that games are good, which takes the priority over obscurity.

My brain coughed up that sentence real bad, hope you understand it.

Yes, but it's got everything an edgy teenager who posts on here and takes every political idea they read seriously wants in a fighting game: Blood, Nazis, and Tanks. And it's only 3 buttons with no Z-motion inputs so literal babbys can play it.

the game is pretty much just a nip matrix game. combat has more emphasis on positioning and character/weapons and skills that you equip like a 3d bullet hell.

skip to 6 minute mark for the tutorial to explain the gist of gameplay, can't webm right now

Countersaging this memestar

I haven't even watched the anime. Game is set a few decades after the anime (as far as I can make out)