Fighting Games Thread - Weeaboos Edition

The previous thread has to hit 700 posts or be on page 13 before we make a new thread from now on.

Kilgore is available for $10. $5 goes directly to the community fund to the KI Ultra Tour, to make KI tourneys and qualify players from all around the world.
Definitive Edition became available on W10.

The game has a release date: May 16th 2017.
They remade Supergirl's model, showed in their last presentation video. youtube.com/watch?v=EpAQ2xH8ljU&app=desktop

Mike Z finally gave the last patch to SONY's test team. They fixed lobbies on all PS versions. youtube.com/watch?v=5Zce8f8ChRA
This is the last patch. The game's done for now on. Maybe they'll work again on it after they finished Indivisible.

The PC version is out on Steam. Costs U$49.99 for standard, U$64.99 with DLC (Kum, Dizzy, Raven, every Voice Pack, Color Pack and SIGN costume for Elphet)
Bonus Soundtrack during the 1st month for every purchase.
10% discount on the first week. People who own SIGN get additional 10% (20% total).

Kuma and Panda announced. They're different characters now with different moves and rage arts.
Console version will feature an online tournament mode where people can play out tournament brackets with each other online, with single-elimination and double-elimination, both settings included.

Akuma revealed for Street Fighter V season 2. He'll come on December 20th.
Season 2 announced with Akuma and 5 more characters teased coming in 2017.
Many changes coming on December 20th like a big balance patch for the cast.

Patch 1.10 is out. With Athena '98 as a new costume, for free. youtube.com/watch?v=63PIWEPQcNg
KOF XIV World Championship detailed. In Tokyo, the 16 contenders will face each other to determine who's the strongest four players. Then, in Beijing, China the Grand Final will take place in mid-March.
Arcade version coming to the new NESiCAxLive2 system. More info in February.

Ironman, Captain Marvel(Carol Danvers), Captain America, X, Ryu and Morrigan have been confirmed for Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite. It won't feature assists but tag ins are available at all times. The system will revolve around choosing from one of the Infinity Gems to customize your team, each having a different effect.
There's a leak that gave away the entire game's cast. >>>/fighters/8587

Steam version released for U$29,99(-10% off, -35% if you already have Skullgirls until December 18th)
PC version adds new victory animations, colors, animated stage backgrounds and settings in training mode are now saved. All DLC are included and is the most currentupdated version of the arcades (ver 1.08).

Punch Planet revealed gameplay on their newest playable character, Cid. youtube.com/watch?v=yolerHQFJF0
Garou: Mark of the Wolves available for PS4/Vita(Crossbuy/Crossplay, U$14.99) and PC(U$9.99)
PS4/Vita made by Codemystics. Features gallery, media player. Delay based netcode.
PC version handled by DotEmu. Rollback netcode used. It released with some bugs. DotEmu already addressed the issue and promised a patch will be coming soon.
Arc System Works put Guilty Gear Isuka and Guilty Gear Reload back on Steam

Download and register for Fightcade here:
fightcade.com/

Get the full rompack over here:
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans

>>>/fighters/

For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
reddit.com/r/Fighters/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/

For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9

Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF (please watch this if you want to get into KOFXIV):
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg

Guilty Gear Crash Course:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R

The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html

The previous thread was nuked before somebody made an archive.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/4aiqe
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=4185.0
orochinagi.com/kofxiv/vice-guide-kofxiv#1472500493939-897035b7-1286
twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/819775980742901760
nintendo.co.jp/software/switch/
twitter.com/Makky_CYS/status/819196998158909441
famitsu.com/news/201701/13124782.html
twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/821264854723899392
twitter.com/miharasan/status/821266635440865280
archive.is/gLyUR
evernote.com/shard/s296/sh/d1f218ea-4ee8-4f00-b437-c21beb5da5a4/cff47c7b16df500589cf8c73d63c9603
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FG mains templates.
imgur.com/a/4aiqe for the smaller template.

gib me a minute.

postan

Are either of these games worth playing if I've played AC+R?

posting.

Reload? No. Isuka? Yes.

You're the Jurifag from the waifu threads aren't you.

I picked up Pokémon Tekken yesterday. To my suprise it's actually good. Why does nobody ever talk about the game?

There's your problem.

No competitive playerbase. It's dead as shit apart from casual fucks who think it's just a neat VS game. Lots of people dropped it when they felt like they learned everything, but there's a lot more depth than people think there is, it's league's above SFV in trying to cater to both low and high level audiences, it's just improperly hidden.
I love the game too but I haven't played it in ages, mainly because the comp community I stuck with was kinda shit too, lots of crossover with smash kiddies and I felt out of place.

That and no new characters certainly didn't help, yeah.

I tried watching the EVO top 8. The commentary was complete shit. No hype, no explaining stuff. It's a fairly deep and solid game but you wouldn't know if you just tune in to EVO. I thought it was super simple just from watching a thing or two about it but it's actually a proper fighting game.
I think the Pokémon fans are the bigger problem. They are the most boring, non-offensive fuckers ever. Even super big tournaments for Pokémon games are sleeping pills. It's like they haven't ever heard of hype or excitement.
Gameplay-wise, Pokkén should appeal to Soul Calibur and Tekken fans but it seems they didn't even pay attention to it.

maybe

See, I just couldnt get behind the phase system the game had. It felt like it broke the pace of the game to me. Having it suddenly switch to a more zoner-centric phase at the end of a combo was just jarring.

I actually love the phase system, it helped close some match-ups and there's tech to purposely manipulate it in your favour, but I can understand why people would hate it. The controls in both phases and the objectives in each are honestly not too hard to learn and get used to, eventually it feels quite natural.

Just played a bit of KoF with the graphics patch. Sadly, my PS3 fight pad still doesn't work.
Anyway, the graphics are a bit of mixed bag. For the most part, I think it favors the characters but a select few like Athena look downright terrible with it.

bonus dark Angel

Wow, Dark Angel doesn't look as good as I was hoping. The rest seems okay, but Athena didn't look too great to start with so I'm not sure how much worse she can get.

I felt Athena looked passable but the new lighting engine really brings out the worst in her character model; namely her abnormally anime skull (huge bulging eyes and a very pointy chin). Also a tad disappointment that Vice's skin tone doesn't look as good.
But again, overall, I think it's an improvement. Most of the new palettes are pretty good and I think the absolute madmen made Leona even more stacked.

Aesthetically, all I ask for the game is a option to have Ogura's 2D art for the select/vs/victory screens and a custom palette mode (could be something simple like the one in Soulcalibur 3).

Yeah I can see that bothering some people. It's actually quite smart for preventing newbies ending up against a wall and getting fucked relentlessly.

Any good resources or tips on learning how to play Vice?

which KoF game are you trying to learn Vice in?

XIV

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg (then,"ctrl+f":vice)

dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=4185.0

orochinagi.com/kofxiv/vice-guide-kofxiv#1472500493939-897035b7-1286 (but under construction)

thanks buddy

You're welcome bro

Might as well see if I can find something for the characters I play.
Sadly most videos and guides are of combos but there's a few that go over move properties and some basic strategies. Found one for Antonov so maybe there's hope.

Still I need a team. Spent most of my time on party mode so I really only play Luong and Antonov. Wanted to play Hein but he's a bit tricky to get the hang of.

My sides.

No. Gameplay-wise, Pokkén is an Arena Fighter. The same genre as Naruto Storm or One Piece Raging Blood.
This was the competitive equivalent to those games and the community behind those anime games didn't came to Pokkén.
That and, since the game's on Wii U, they had the Smash scene all over it in western countries, rather than the FGC/Arcade scene.

Ive heard the phase system works once you get used to it. It just felt to me like playing 2 different games in one and it really broke the flow of it all, not that its a bad gameplay design choice necessarily, it just felt really weird to me as I played it. But to be fair, I dont own a WiiU and played it at a buddy's place and only played for maybe 2 hours.

I'll post mine

Yeah Athena looks really terrible now.

Really says something especially when each of the characters plat drastically different from one another

are there any good mobile fighting games, specifically android?

It does feel a lot like Soul Calibur to me. The funny thing is that it doesn't feel a lot like Tekken, despite having it in the name. There is no side stepping in Duel Mode and Tekken doesn't have the free roaming movement attached to your opponent Pokkén has in Field Mode. But Soul Calibur has exactly that movement.
I can't say anything about Naruto Storm or OPRB since I've never played them.

The Smash scene was one thing, the Pokémon scene was the worse thing. Smashfags (of which I'm also one) at least have some form of competitive scene to them. Pokéfags are the anti-hype. Seriously, I encourage you all to check out the EVO top 8. The commentators are the absolutely fucking worst you will ever see. They get the chance to promote their game to thousands of people and do nothing but giggle like schoolgirls and be fags. It's actually impressive.
I wish the FGC picked it up. There's a respectable fighting game under the surface that makes it look like something like Smash but different if you know what I'm saying.

what

It looks like Super Turbo HD is getting a switch port with Dramatic Battle.

If it has all the other crazy game modes Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max had, I'm already more interested in it than SFV

It's not "Super Turbo"

Evil Ryu and Violent Ken seemingly confirmed.

PC port never ever?

100% confirmed
twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/819775980742901760

And more than half of the comments are people shitting on Capcom for using the Switch, and wasting resources on another shitty version of Turbo HD. Go figure.

boogles my mind that they didnt choose 3s instead

You want them to make Third Strike even shittier?! What's wrong with you?

I'd rather get SF EX2+

That would probably get more people riled up than anything. Meanwhile, most people won't care for this and they've "done their part" and made a FG for the Switch.
"Better than nothing", as the MN9 adage goes. :^)

Also nice to see they gave Bengus more than 5m to make an illustration.

Would be an amazing WWE name

BLAZBLUE CONFIRMED
nintendo.co.jp/software/switch/
(scroll down)

So will we get to choose between the original, CE, HF, Super, ST, HD, and Final Challengers versions of characters?

ARMS tourneys when?

never because it looks like there might not be tech for it

I would really be damning if they intentionally limited tech so a competitive audience wouldn't latch on to it.

Actually it's just because of the nature of it. They didn't show much but it looked easy to react to a lot of things.

I guess it more depends on what the variety between characters are, sorta like Pokken.

Do YURI a reason to get KOF14 for your PS4? twitter.com/Makky_CYS/status/819196998158909441

LOL

SFV Season3 preview

Dayum son, Yuri is stacked AF!

Oh yeah

That's hilarious.

She's always been stacked, contrary to what some people try to say.

Injustice2 has a release date.
When's Tekken?

Depends on how long it takes them to add Denuvo

What's next? Overly aggressive Dan?

You had one simple job and you completely fucked it all up

What the fuck is violent Ken?

That's funny, sure, but it doesn't follow the -edgy- theme (evil, violent).

I would love to see a "Today I'm particularly pissed Sagat".

Did snk give capcom the rights for this character?

Hownewru?

That's also what I'm asking for.

Apparently not, he has a SFV character profile.

meant to quote

Do they even have to? Who knows where what rights went when SNK went down or what their agreement was at the time?
I just wish he had that mad crazy hair ingame.

Speaking of pokken, there was no mention of if the switch will support wired LAN. If it doesn't, then kiss a good competitively viable pokken port goodby since I doubt it can handle splitscreen.

It's really a shame how hard it's getting fucked over. By demographics, the lack of dev support, so many different factors ruining a really promising game.

It has a LAN adapter so if Pokken was on it, you could probably do wired LAN the same way.

Oh,Also, Bomberman is getting a new game. Bomberman is a hudson franchise Konami owns,.

Guess what else is a Hudson franchise Konami owns?

Maybe, let's fucking hope

I want children to leave.

People can dream.

That's gotta be a placeholder price, right?

Glad i am not the only one to have mixed feelings about the patch, to me it's like they made two steps forward and one backwards.
some characters look much better now, but some effects looks much worse like kukri's sand projectile for instance,
I also think there's too contrast between light and shadow, it seems like the characters are in a dark room with a torchlight lighting them from above

I still don't get why they gave her short hair instead of the classic braid.
smh

r8 muh mainz please be gentle

Don't know if you're all watching the ARMS stream but I've got the gist of it, I think.

Might be cool.

Maybe they're all grills

Forgot to mention, it's possible to passively charge your strikes (think Zero's buster) to get access to different properties.

Well, this is much better than SF V to be honest.

Fuck those voice clips on Evil Ryu and Violent Ken are compressed as fuck

This game should have some new characters. Dan, Sakura, Poison, Guy, it would be a real reason to buy it at least.

I guess that's why it's $40

Two BRAND NEW characters, the bargain price of 40 dollaridoos for a game that is only 25 years and exclusive to about 9 systems and you still want more? You goymers sure are a entitled lot. :^)

Those Udon redesigned stages always manage to trigger my 'tism. Might as well put a white t-shirt on the Buddha statue, why don't you, you talentless cunts?

So what's the best version of Street Fighter II?

Street Fighter II: Rainbow Edition

Inb4 no arcade stick support on the Switch.

Championship Edition (Genesis/Mega Drive) is probably my favorite since it's the one I played the most. Also really liked Super SF2 because some characters had a shitload of new moves, chiefly Zangief that had grabs to every Medium and Heavy button plus some variations like the kidney crush and air grabs.
Worthy mention to Turbo Revival because the art assets and new stages looked pretty good and it's a damn shame they never made it out of the GBA.

it already got leaked that Hori is making a Real Arcade Pro for it

So, is it going to be a situation where, if you play on stick, you have to buy their arcade stick?

depends on if other companies want to take the gamble. Or if it has wiimote compatibility people can just use the TvC stick

famitsu.com/news/201701/13124782.html

Switch is getting some NeoGeo ports, including KoF 98, World Heroes Perfect and Waku Waku 7.

speaking of the switch, I really hope those few bloody roar fans in these threads stop hoping for konami to do something with the IP after what they did to Bomberman just now

Looks like a teaser to another game as it was shown so quickly, is it confirmed as being part of ultra sf2

Super Turbo is the one that everyone plays competitively so probably that. Daigo mentioned once that all the og japs think the most fun version is just the regular super sf2.

World Warrior and Championship edition are kinda broken with some characters.

SNK, WHY

It's just the arcade archives version that's coming to the PS4 eventually. It's got no online so you might as well just keep playing on fightcade

Why do some intros in GGXrd look like they're going at 30FPS? I noticed this with Millia in SIGN and a few others but in Revelator even Johnny's intro does this. Johnny's intro looks especially terrible because of the sudden drop in frames. Even ZATO seems to have this problem. I would even stretch it to say that Axel and Potemkin do this too.

Most of the animations dealing with characters are 24 FPS to emulate 2D animation, but there are some exceptions. Backgrounds are 60 FPS however.

I guess I can see that. But in cases with Johnny and to a lesser degree Millia it looks really messy.

SCF2: Rooster Edition

What, give it another game?

Evil Ryu, Violent Ken… next Male Chun Li & Female Vega!

Konami added micro transactions to bomberman and are charging full price for it.

What? Fucking how it's bomberman.
They're seriously asking for more than USF2? I'll stick to super 2, 64 and generations, goddamn.

Its HD REMIX with Alpha modes and two new reskins.

pic related
59.99 in burgerbucks and 79.99 in Syrupdollars

Are gems an in game currency only? I didn't see any news that said otherwise. I thought it was like spending coins in Mario instead of collecting 1ups.

They haven't gone into to detail on it, but based on how MGSV's microtransactions changed over the course of the development it's best just to expect the worst

Oh

Well, there goes the last remaining hope I had for the Switch somehow being good.

Keep sucking that Nintendont dick, capcom.

what a mad man

Why are SFV Karin's best moves locked behing a V-trigger?

Nah I can't tell the slanty eyes from eachother, especially since I tend to care about the actual game more than the people and rarely know anything but the names of the players.

Baiken and Answer confirmed for Rev boys, rev up those suicide hotlines.

Rev2, coming in spring

that's the tentative list of main points that they mentioned on the stream

Literally what the fuck? Why? Why not any old character? Or someone who is relevant storywise, like Gabriel or Ariels? A fucking secretary gets in but I have to wait more for my main. Fuck this shit.

ever come across a game that's so good but you don't like any of the characters? So the game feels extremely bittersweet while you see characters you like in shitty games

Should have gotten used to the one new guy and one returning waifu pattern for each update a long time ago.

I've expected that, but I didn't expect Answer. Gabriel would be fine, Ariels would be awesome, but that faggot is not.

yeah i was really weirded out when everyone started saying that baiken leak was fake. I knew it was real and this proves it

lmao fuck this shit i'm pirating on pc

Another troll? Probably, but it shows how much people want her back.

Not sure if joking or legit retarded

the Baiken leak that circulated WAS actually fake though, the person leaking it even showed how he did it.

So they just decided to go with the same design except mirror the eyepatch? something smells fishy

in your own screenshots, it shows the eyepatch on different sides

also she was in the story mode

I don't think you understand nigga. Baiken already appeared in story mode for Rev, her model was there and everything. She just wasn't playable. Same with Robo Ky, Zappa, etc.

hold up i didnt post the screenshots. check the ID's nigs

You're both equally retarded so I missed that.

I know, but you seem to be implying ASW took the design from this person who leaked Baiken even though she was already present in story mode at the time of that leak.

Very simple user, bad net for some reason didn't load the updated page. And that's it.
But, Baiken design is horrible. Well, nothing they can do now, since it was already decided.

Some of us never bought Rev to begin with. If Rev2 is the same full price as Rev, it'll be cheaper to just buy the new version.

Is Mortal Kombat X finished right now or will there be more content coming after XL? I'm guessing they're done with the game and are working on Injustass now?

BUT WHERE IS ZAPPA?

They FINALLY learned?
So I can grab Rev now and later upgrade it? I've been wanting to get into the game but their physical release-only kikery always kept me at bay.

I'm just grateful the roster isn't overrun by twinks nobody asked for like Blazblue…yet.
Have to admit I really don't like any of Xrd's newcomers. I won't chalk it up to me being a crabby nostalgiafag because I like most of KoF XIV's new characters and "muh faves" aren't there.
So yeah, still waiting on Robo-Ky and Testament. The later might appear down the road.

I liked it before when we never knew if she was wearing underwear or not.

Again, it seems they're "blazbluing" the characters. Raven was pretty much redesigned to be that edgelord with the knives.

Yep

I have no idea why they decided their Kenshin knockoff with tits had to become a pirate.

Jokes on you, I'm a blazblue player and the only redesign I have liked is Potemkin's. I don't know what the fuck are they thinking.

Miracles do happen.

I'm not paying $40 for a fucking patch like BlazBlue. $15-20 is reasonable.

Goddamn some shit fucking taste on display here

I will never understand japanese fighting game developers

I never said I hate it, but XX's was better

Nah, not even close

They at least know how to make enjoyable gameplay and design characters unlike western fighting game developers

For a character who fights using her hair wearing a hat is retarded, as much as I like the leggings.

Doesn't really make a difference when the ponytail is the only part of her hair she actually uses to fight with.

Either get into AC+R or Xrd Rev, it's that easy.

I want to get the full story and the lore so i have to play from the very first game.

Good luck, friend.

whole games and most storylines are not canon, you are better off reading a wiki

Yea…you're fucked with that because Arcsys can't tell a coherent story (See BlazBlue).

Read the wiki and start from GG XX #Reload, move on to Slash or Accent Core, do Overture if you REALLY want to try something weird, otherwise just move on to -SIGN- or -REVELATOR-

Now I feel bad for missing the sale. Well, at least I got the Dizzy unlock key while it was available.

If that is the case, then I guess the joke's on them if their attempt at bridging the fan/player bases isn't working.

Don't bother because you'll feel like a jackass when after all that build up surrounding That Man, you find out he has a girl's name and fuckin' anime cat ears.

Baiken's redesign makes her look more like a pirate than the characters in GG that are actually pirates.

Don't forget that the mods in the discord are power tripping authoritarian faggots who should be SJWing it up back on 4chan but somehow wound up here.

Well, Xrd Revelator has GG World mode near the story mode which explains what has happened with every character/term/country/etc during the games and it's the best way to find out, really. The problem with pre-Xrd games is that almost nothing there is canon while some things are partially canon so it'll do you no good.

Care to explain?

Maybe you should go back to 4cuck and shitpost about your feefees being triggered there instead of shitting up this thread

Found your problem, now quit crying and being a metafaggot

Who cares?

I don't care about either one of these characters at all.

don't forget discord is owned by tencent and time warner. no way they don't sell your info

I didn't finish the story mode, so maybe she is now an official and that would explain the messy costume. But I can't understand what happened to her hair, and the patch, how she looks younger and why her scar don't look like her scar anymore. I mean, it is a texture, they could have done more.

what the fuck is it with you idiots going to these fucking chat channels? what the fuck do they do that the thread doesn't do a million times better?

Actually play fighting games

MUH DICK
FUCK

Guess it's time to start learning Baiken. Where do I start besides the guilty bits video?

FAGGOT

Wabbum for posterior.

Oh well, at least Baiken looks cool.

I know i'm get called Gay for this anyways but I really do not like a floppy tits on baiken.

So here's who we've got now. We're still missing A.B.A, Anji, Bridget, Justice, Kliff (both of which are probably unlikely,) Order SOL, Robo-Ky, Testament and Zappa from the cast of AC+R.

gay

Kliff and Justice are both dead in canon, aren't they?

Between alternate universes, time travel, and sheer random bullshit they could pull, I think it's safe to say that anyone could come back even if they're dead. Kliff's entire storyline in +R was looking back on his past despite him having been dead for some time in-game, but they removed Justice and Kliff once (AC) only to add them back in later (AC+R) so I have no idea.

I figured that we'd be hearing from ASW regarding a possible update/new game for GG (usually a year and a half from the latest arcade release date). Glad to see Baiken making a return (Now if only Anji would return. Big surprise he wasn't in it considering Revelator's story involving the Japanese quite a bit), and Answer is looking interesting. This makes me wonder though; Since this is an update and not a new game continuing the story, should we expect some characters to not make a re-appearance in the next true sequel? Wouldn't be the first time they've done that without bringing back older characters for retelling the true events of said older games (My guess is that Jack-O will now be Aria after the events in the story, Bedman will be replaced by his sister, and with how Robo-Ky's head carried away venom, we could see a Robo-Venom)

If people actually knew shit about this character beyond his aesthetics I'm sure many of them would suddenly be a whole lot less excited.
Same for baiken

at least answer looks fun

Shame that the game's style makes everything connected to the move set so alternate outfits are out of the question unless they want to change a character for story reasons like Elphelt.

Yeah, I'd see Kliff and Justice are goners. Kliff isn't all that popular and instead of Justice, they're doing the Aria clone parade like how BB has about 20 of those Swiss army knife chicks.
If it's anything like Rev, we'll likely have 5-6 characters following the usual scheme - veterans/promoted NPCs, veteran that hasn't appeared yet and newcomers nobody asked for.
Zappa and Robo-Ky already have in-game models and from the NPCs the Q Cosplay Club and Holy Wo-Class might have the most chances.

Side note, I miss EX characters. Sure they were just for shits and giggles but I really liked said shits and giggles; it almost doubled the cast given how different a lot of them felt.

Anji has a good chance of appearing considering his connection to Baiken the story.
I want my main to come back, but I don't think that's happening.

They're able to do minor costume alterations ala Elphelt and Dizzy, but nothing big.

This mild hype for Rev2 got me curious to take a peek at the story…and I couldn't stomach more than 5m of it. You got to watch this crap with a glossary next to you.
Didn't know Answer's a story NPC; Zappa seems almost cured and Robo-Ky is in some dire straits. And the main villain is a Juggalo which I think is giving them too much credit.

Anyway, the Gematsu article mentions that the physical version might be JP only.
"Here’s how it will be released: users who own the original Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, or PC will be able to update to Guilty Gear Xrd: Rev 2 via low-priced downloadable content. In Japan, Arc System Works is also preparing a PlayStation 4 physical and digital release for less than the cost of a full-priced game."
We'll see.

If they continue the trend of skipping the even ranks, we'll get Anji, then Robo, then ABA next

bump

Baiken~ one eye, one arm, two boobs?

sauce?

Artist is oda-non, that much I can tell.

Are there any fighting games on PC with some sort of progression?
Of course anything affecting gameplay would be stupid, I'm talking about Tekken 5 kinda system where you earn currency and the then can spend it on unlocking cosmetic shit, like accessories, hair styles and so on.
I know Soul Calibur series also has something like that, but are there any modern PC fightans that also do this?
I don't want to emulate anything.

if they add order sol or robo-ky i'd buy the game

Robo Ky is more likely than Order Sol, since Robo Ky was in the story mode for Rev although he gets destroyed near the end. I've also considered wanting to pick up Robo Ky for a while now. Besides the guilty bits video, where else should I look to learn how to play him? Because Robo Ky isn't exactly an easy character to learn.

Emulate Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution and play Quest Mode

Emulation is the only option for what you want. Take it or leave it.

I guess I leave it then.
At least Tekken 7 is coming for PC.

one vagina

IMAGINE

After the credits you see Robo's head fly away

Did El Fuerte or Hakan get a SF4 cinematic trailer?

Personally I'm more looking forward to Civilization Dhalsim.

little cutie Asian so wet for viscant

Will Blanka ever be feral and dangerous again in a SF game?

I still don't understand why kof14 isnt more popular in the fgc.
the only reason I can think of is how bad the game was at lunch. now its awesome but its dead and the online never works.

Why is an online game most popular with BRs unpopular anywhere else? That's not a very difficult question to answer. Apart from that it doesn't help that they make significant sales on pc and then don't release 14 on pc with crossplay. It doesn't help that more than any other genre fighting games suffer from every release leaving some of the community on old games, emulated or legal copies on console, '98, '02 and 13 probably are detracting from new players in 14. As much of a failure for sfv as it was I understand companies trying to attract new players, but sfv wanted to have it's cake and eat it in regards to casuals and vets and so it satisfies neither. Rising thunder might have been good to get fresh blood, as might the inevitable lol fighter now that Tencent killed it, but that would likely just keep those players there.

This all just feels like a pointless rant but I spent time on it so I might as well post it.

PS4 only. I want to play it so bad but it's not on PC so I stick to 98, 02 and XIII.

I'm big into KoF and want to pick up 14 so badly, but I'm not buying a PS4 for one game. I'm happy playing XIII and '98 until they finally port it over to PC.

My local arcade is getting it as a cabinet when it finally gets a PC port. They've rotated in and out of the console station a few times but it's a huge pain in the ass to deal with. The cabinet that rotates KoF games and fightcade will have to tide me over until then.

VF5:FS PC port when?

Yeah, both MK 9 and X do that, but it is very limited in comparison to Tekken of VF. GG Isuka do have a mode to buy and equip moves on a Robo-Ky model.
Unfortunately, the games that really developed customization were never ported to PCs. SO yeah, it will be really hard to avoid emulation if that's what you are looking for.

Damn I hate that eyepatch so much.
Well, I think they might follow the idea of add both a male and female character to each update. If that is the case, A.B.A might be back soon.

user, it's Sega, they are not dumb, they are clinically retarded. They are incapable of sound business decisions. I do believe they never ported VF5 for PCs because someone at the company might have told them that it would kill the arcade machines in Japan. I mean, Steam games are much more expensive in Nipponland, but imagine paying for the whole game once, and never again, and also have the online service? Pretty sure this is way in the end. Japanese companies usually worry only about Japanese market, I guess.

(witnessed)
Fuckin' Sega. Did they at least fucking release Yakuza 5 overseas already?

Yeah, just like the console versions killed the arcades, or all those games with pc versions already.

While this have nothing to do with anything, I think I understand what makes games like MK and VF so weak in Japan when compared to SF, Tekken or KOF.
Japanese love Overwatch. Seriously, pixiv is overflowing with nip artists drawing that. But why? I guess is the same reason SF one was forgotten and SF II is still praised: Japanese love stereotypes of characters from different parts of the world.
MK is too focused on USA characters, and VF is too focused on Japanese/Chinese characters. Samurai Shodown always tried to balance it a bit, with characters from other parts of the world or monsters. And it worked.
VF do have some variety, and it is bigger. And you can see they prefer characters like Sarah.
But MK was the freaking inverse: The game for a long time was made out of ninjas and some some burger stereotypes that were not that fun in general. This made the game look dull. We know violence was not the biggest issue, since Samurai Shodown was quite bloody too, and it was OK to have it on Arcades.
Now, I don't think MK would be able to recover, but I wonder how they could work with more variety on the characters department. I mean, they told a tale of a world destroyed, with humanity fighting together to keep Earth safe, and pretty much all the humans are from USA or Japan? Kano is Aussie, and to be honest, that kind of make the character quite more fun to play with or against.
Well, sorry for the discharge of bullshit.

What kind of fucking crack are you on?

Most of the characters from MK is chinks/from chink legends. There are actually very few American characters.

anybody going to frosty faustings

You are forgetting user it really changed the market. KOF XIV and SF V will only get an arcade version now. This is huge for Japan, two of the biggest players are not getting an arcade version at launch.
I do find it amazing that Namco kept Tekken on arcades. That's quite interesting.

Dude, SEGA is more worried in promoting fucking urinal arcades than VF nowadays. The biggest thing that happen to the series in the last year was the fact it is a fucking mini-game on Yakuza 6.
The presence of the series in Arcade is relevant, but as a game from Sega is quite small.

Let's see: If we look at MK X, I think we have six burgers, four chinks, three nips, one aussie. If we compare to SF V, we have three nips, two chinks, two burgers, two bongs, one pajeet, one mudskin, one spanitard, one ruskie and one huelander. Much more divers, with a much smaller cast. KOF follows the same pattern.

To be fair, FS is 6 and a half years old now, but VF was always huge in Japan and never really a thing outside of it.

And look how well that has worked for them (I mean SF V has a lot more reasons for flopping but still).
KOF XIV didn't debut on the arcades because they are a lot smaller now, and owned by chinks as well, they made the arcade version the moment they saw the first shekels from the console version.
SF V doesn't have arcade version because Capcom prefers the e-sports money to the traditional nip FGC, that much is obvious.

Probably not for KOF. It will be released for NESiCAxLive, that machine operates as a Steam machine: You can by and download games from a server. So, when KOF gets online it will have access to many machines all around Japan instantly. Can't imagine how much it will cost, of if it works as a rental for the arcade owners, but even smaller companies managed to launch games this way, like Chaos Code or Daemon Bride, or even Rumble Fish 2 now.
Wait a second, people already managed to dump NESiCAxLive game, so, when KOF XIV launches, it could be first PC port!

I'd assume it's because there's no money in it and SNK doesn't shove it down everyone's throats like Capcom does their stuff.

If it were just the eyepatch.
They "kokonoed" her hair and put a rather pointless skull design (that's not even Japanese-styled) in the outfit. I know "overdone" has been with the series for a while but I'd say Xrd crosses the line at some points. Well, at least she doesn't have any random shit written on her outfit.

Relevant or not, VF just never appealed to artists. Meanwhile, Vampire Savior is still largely popular with players there but artists don't care much about it (still a lot for a game that hasn't had a sequel in almost 20 years though).
In any case, GG aside, most FGs aren't getting much love artists (especially KoF) and I doubt we'll ever get anything on the caliber of Chun-li, Mai or Morrigan.

SNK can't hand out weed money for positive reviews.

Is it wrong that I'm enjoying SvC Chaos more than I enjoyed CvS2?

Not that much. I think CvsS 2 was really great, but SvC Chaos also have very interesting things going for it:
I think. It is not a bad game, but I would love to see SNK try again. And, this time, with a better CAP roster.

I should addendum this before I get torn several new ones - don't care much about it CURRENTLY

I'll one up your heresy - I think CvS1 is better than 2.
CvS1 feels more like a proper celebration of both companies. Stages and OST are almost all reminiscent of specific titles and characters, there's EX characters, classic OST, cameos done with subtlety and cleverness (salaryman Jubei in Esaka) and just a much better presentation overall. That said, the point system is godawful.
I know CvS2 is highly regarded as among Capcom's best games but I can't get into it; it just looks and sounds too ugly.

Only managed to play SvCC on emulator but besides the art and some character choices, I didn't like it that much. A bit on the broken side and always disliked the lack of impact behind moves.
That said, looking at the way things are, I'd take a SvC2 over a CvS3. SNK still seems to care about making a fun game than bending over for esports.

It has some problems. No run, no short hops, two button grab instead of something interesting like max mode or a universal overhead, some input errors, that dash forward alpha counter thing that costs next to nothing and makes it a game of whoever attacks first loses, missed grabs costing meter, way too many shotos, some balance issues, etc. It felt way too much like a Capcom game to me. Spritework and backgrounds are fucking gorgeous though.

This. Also I'd put Shin Akuma and Serious Mr. Karate among some of the worst cases of SNK boss syndrome ever. I haven't even tried to challenge Red Arremer or Athena.

IIRC Goddess Athena has fully invincible supers instead of special moves.

What's so amazing about it? No arcade release is basically suicide unless your game isn't shit/multiplat/too niche. In fact, seems like many fans are expecting the game to be shit and I'm pretty sure it would kill the whole series if they released arcade version on home platforms.
And of course people don't draw VF porn, did you forget when the game was released? What's important is that VF5 still has playerbase and most of these people are Japanese which is why the game has active online to this day. Lack of demand isn't the reason why Sega don't touch VF, they don't touch many greatest franchises which people would like to see resurrected. Sega is just retarded. All what they basically do nowadays are Sonic games not counting arcade business.

No user, there are no artists touching VF because it is completely bland! I like VF, but those designs are completely garbage.
There are very few characters in VF that really are able to stand up. Vanessa is probably the most well know nowadays. Sarah Pai and Dural might stand a chance. Maybe Wolf and Jefrey too, but everything else is just too bland.
And this is a huge problem for the game too. While it have a very satisfying gameplay, the game can't get traction because it don't have that special thing to attract the fans.
One thing I find really important in fighting games are iconic movesets. And hell, even how the characters shout or sound effects. I can play a record with sounds and you can identify when it is Liu Kang, Yoshimitsu, Cammy, King, Hayabusa… This much weaker in VF as a whole.
VF have tremendous gameplay, but still need to develop a better identity. Hell, stop to think about it, Sega have amazing composers, and VF don't have a soundtrack that shines. AM2 managed to release games like After Burner, Outrun, Daytona, but could not give a good OST for VF. Shame.
By the way, I can't believe not even that old PC version of VF 2 made it to Steam. Insane. The same for Last Bronx.

Well, if you are facing a harbinger of GOD, I expect some bullshit like that.

As any healthy male

YES

Most of the VF characters requires a lot of of time, effort, and skill to use because you really can't spam basic shit beyond certain AIs in Quest modes. Akira, Aoi, and Vanessa still require a doctorate's degree level of skill to be decent even when they toned down Akira's infamous knee. VF isn't easy to get into, and it has a smaller roster than Tekken.

SvC was complete, broken shit. The roster was the only good thing about it.

The game had a lot of broken hit boxes where moves never connected. That's why the bosses were damn near impossible.

Red Arremer had all special moves too, and was actually harder to beat. Athena was easy if you were patient.

Enjoy your half-assed made characters.

The CvS translation was terrible (Kim talks like a Jewish soccer mom). What are you smoking?

What are YOU smoking? Are you talking about SvC Chaos? Dude, are you that new? SNK translations were always crazy, and that's why people loved it.

Meant SvC. Chill.

Except SvC's translation was really bad, and had nothing funny like the other shitty translations.

When do you know for sure that you're improving when playing a fighting game? I don't mean to use mp4 related as an example.

why is Cammy topless & wearing a mask?

CAMMY at the beach

When you see a move that messed you up, a combo/set up that before felt undo able, or when playing a character you felt uncomfortable fighting is suddenly better

Stop pretending you ever even played VF you fucking scrub. But yeah, the design of VF character is the blandest shit

I think this doctorate's degree bullshit is just overblown as fuck. I've been playing VF for about a decade and the reason why it's got this reputation and MUH DOCTORATES is because the skill ceiling to get beyond buttonmashing scrub to average is extremely high and a chunk of people who consider themselves fans of fightan games rarely even get to the average stage even in the game they're best at.
The transition from average to expert in VF isn't really that evident (or even wide) as it is in some other fightans where the skill ceiling to get to be even an average player isn't nearly as high as in VF. Don't get me wrong though, it still takes a whole lot of time to get to expert level with any character, but just sayin'.

It's not worth it

How can one man have such good and shit taste simultaneously?

I like how SNK is really accounting for their fanbases. They made a fucking world tournament qualifier on Perú of all places but made several sponsored local tournies all over the spiclands.

Hakan did, Fuerte didn't.

Because the FGC won't let go of Capcom's dick. They overlook legitimately good games for stupid reasons ("muh child porn" for Arcana Heart, "muh ps2 graffix" for XIV, then there's countless doujin fighters that rarely get attention).

It's SEGA, they've been so retarded they legit believe stuff like this and more:

Yeah, sorry but, when you compare VF to the other games from AM2 you really need to ask: Where the fuck are the sounds?
But, funny enough, seems like the VA for Lau is the same one for F.A.N.G in Japan. Interesting.
I wished SEGA took VF seriously and improved the series as it deserve. VF should be more iconic. It could be much bigger that way.

(checked your dubs which checked my trips)
I already said that I'm willing to concede that VF is bland as shit, especially when you compare them to almost any other fighting game series. Hell, I love VF, it's my second favourite fighting game series and my top complaint is how they never try making it a bit more flashy. Not stupid, mind you, I don't want bears or multi-coloured faggots with bullshit made up fighting styles running around because it goes against anything VF stands for, but I want it to be a bit more exciting.

You also compared the whole series to characters from other series which are either iconic by themselves or by their sounds that it's not fair comparing. I mean dude, fucking King? Even a retard would know it's King from the OBVIOUS JAGUAR NOISES. In VF along with the ones I've already mentioned you've got stuff like Sarah's TAKE THAT! or Wolf's HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG and buuuUUUUURNING HAMMER! or El Blaze in general because his voice acting is laughably bad, others are admittedly kinda forgettable (I mained Shun ever since I started playing and I barely could think of any cool sounds he makes while fighting).

user, don't get me wrong. I really respect VF. I find the series EXCELENT, but it always surprised me how AM2 managed to make fighting games like VF or FV that didn't shined in the sound department when compared to their other games.
The character designs are bland but realistic. And this is really cool, but I can't understand what happened to Vanessa between VF 4 and 5.

Will UNIEL ST ever get released? I'm beginning to lose hope that I'll ever get to play the updated version and full screen rape people with my waifu.

It's simple. Not everyone has good enough taste to appreciate muscle girls. This is the same thing that happened to Felicia.

That depends if French-Bread (or ASW for that matter) sees any potential profit in doing so. Doesn't look too hopeful considering the version we have was practically released under the radar, but the fact that the game did come out outside of Japan means that anything is possible.

I also have to agree as a Yuzuriha main she is fucking awesome to use (Akatsuki is also fun to use). Love her moveset and how devastating her attacks are.

I thought the game did pretty well on the PS3? Frankly I dont really care about a translated release, I'd be happy with just a console release of the game in general. TBH I felt like I missed out by not getting the japanese release of Late because by the time the game was out, most people were already really good and it had a big following.
Also, the game was pulling great numbers at big tournaments. More than Persona Arena despite being so small and having no advertising at all. It really is an excellent fighting game and I'm sad to see it withering away due to lack of releases.

Is fightcade done in terms of adding new games?
like is cvs2 never coming to fightcade?

i just want to play some other games
too bad UMK3 is just console port

MK and KI arcade ports working on FBA is still in progress

so im guessing
means never ever
even though i dont really care about mk or KI

Hell, even SNK is not free of these tards? How they managed to get into everywhere

Funny to think Capcom was the only company to embrace muscle girls.

Come on man, at least put the with Boingo version…

It's a thousand times easier to be an expert with someone like Sarah, Eileen, or even Taka than Akira, Aoi, or Vanessa. Akira's knee is still a bitch to pull off, and you really need to know your shit with Aoi and Vanessa (Vanessa has like 20-million moves). For some reason, I had an easier time learning Shun, and he's not that easy.

RIP Muscle Felicia

ya know how when your done with a combo the enemy is invincible as he falls down as well as when hes on the ground until he gets up.
Is there a fightan where there's no invincibility like that at all? like your always liable to get hit?
sorta like how melee does invincibility but not melee.

Keep your Holla Forums shit out, hating Trump is not an indicator of liberalism/SJW shit.

Any game with OTGs

Also compare Alpha Chun vs 3rd Strike Chun
3rd Strike Chun seemed to have lost some upper body muscle

Eating up all that fear mongering about a Trump presidency is

What did he mean by this?
twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/821264854723899392

He's gone mental.

so what's a good list with OTG's?
I know mvc2 has them but not every character.

twitter.com/miharasan/status/821266635440865280

The plot thickens

I'm sorry, I just hate fun too much.
NIEHENIEHENIEHENIEHENIEHENIEHENIEHENIEHENIEHENIEHENIEHENIEHENIEHE

Binary is the new spicy nip meme?

Melty Blood and MvC3 have them for a lot of characters off the top of my head.

It's like you hate fun.

As a Hol Horse main, I can tell you that you hate fun more if you play as vanilla Hol.
NIEHENIEHENIEHENIEHENIEHENIEHENIEHENIEHENIEHENIEHENIEHENIEHENIEHE

What do you guy think of Empoleon

indifferent since the wii u version is never going to get an update

That's it, not buying kof14 for pc when it comes out.
Fuck these cucks.

Why is this guy such fucking bullshit to fight online? His fucking spear crosses the entire screen in half a second and he can spam cross-ups practically infinitely.

How do I beat him?

3rd strike

So they have someone who actually knows english there? Why it looks like only Oda, Kuroki, Neo_G and others from the art/sound theam that reads and cares about the feedback of the game? Go fix the damn weird side change/roll bug you weeaboo.

But keep this guy out of the Metal Slug games.

You're better just quitting videogames.

New Injustice 2 trailer to take us into the next thread.

Bane, Poison Ivy, Braniac and Darkseid confirmed.

Mind Powers where you at?

Plus Green Lantern (probably Hal again)

Also, PG: Cleavage Edition.

Sin is a cunt but they nerfed the recovery on his beak driver so it's easier to advance now after blocking or staying out of its way. Same when he starts eating, don't let Sin players do that shit for free. Would also help if you mentioned who you played because different characters have different answers to his stuff.

Now you just sound like a scrub

archive.is/gLyUR

You don't get it baka gaijin, re-using assets from HDR and a Ryu/Ken palette swap with some re-used sounds from SF4 is tremendous amounts of work! Now cough up those 40 american dollars.

I'm counting that as a blessing in disguise.

If anyone cares, Brainiac and Robin confirmed for Injustice 2.

evernote.com/shard/s296/sh/d1f218ea-4ee8-4f00-b437-c21beb5da5a4/cff47c7b16df500589cf8c73d63c9603
Is this the end for Baiken? pic unrelated.

I'd take a shitty udon sprites if it means I can have a non-handheld Alpha 3 Max so local multiplayer isn't a pain in the ass to set up

I sure hope so, fuck that annoying cunt and her free guard cancels.

So he passed up a chance at easy money.

We'll see in 3 days. Answer sounds like a combination of Bang and Hibiki, should be fun

Also 2000 yen is much cheaper than I thought it'd be.

That's about 20 burgers, right? I imagine it'll be about that, since it's about $5 per character and then a little more for the balances. But again, that's just the upgrade that you've already bought Rev for, they'll re-release Rev2 probably at full price of too fucking much yen and $60 outside of Japan.

17 technically, but I wouldn't be surprised if they round it up to 20

This says to me that there's a chance we're getting 4 characters instead of 2 given how they give the update to arcades early with less characters and consoles later with more characters and then update the arcade version again. I'm not expecting more than 4 though since it's an update and not a full release and isn't 2 years after Revelator, and the characters over 2 will probably cost extra on top of the DLC version.

To think we were this close to see Capcom releasing what could be one of the greatest 2D SF games ever, and let one guy blow it up… And for the dumbest reason possible.

That's why I play her in the first place. It sounds like they are making her counters predictive instead of reactive. Not sure how I feel about that.

Wait, I'm retarded. The new move can be used while blocking.

They're LEARNING? What sorcery is this?
Now if only they've put more emphasis on porting veterans or at least demanded new characters, like Gabriel/That Man/Ariels it'd be lovely. I can't be mad at Answer's inclusion though, he might be fun though the other "why" inclusion Kum certainly wasn't. I hope he's not Chipp-tier fragile, that'd suck.

Meanwhile you got NetherRealm doubling down on the jewing

To be honest, there is a huge difference between two: WB Games.
Those cunts are fucking up EVERY SINGLE GAME they can.
If we look at the history of past games made by Boon Team, they had a good amount of content in general. It was also the case with MK9, but after that, WB probably swallow them whole, and now we saw that shit.
It is not SF V level of Kikery yet, since they promised around 30 characters, so, even without the DLC you will have as much characters as SFV will probably have in now.
But people, please, don't buy it. Seriously.

By the way, I wonder if they at least considered adding the insane lesbian X-23 wannabe. At leas she would be great punching material.

I don't why anyone would buy any WB published game when you know in a year a "game of the year" edition will get shat out.

I dropped DC and Marvel around the New52 shit, is that an amazon? Also, she has no chances if many know fanfavorites must come first like Jason Todd, Zatanna, MMH and Static that weren't on that supposed leaked list.

Agree, I waited for MKXL, I can wait for this one even if it has PG Unless they bring me Cass

But it'll sell millions with a Justice League movie coming this year. I can't deny that.

Well, that lady is Scandal Savage. By the surname you can guess who is her father. But she is also kind of adopted by Kane, is part of the Sinister Six, that already have two characters in the game, and is the human size vibrator of Knockout, an cheap redhead Big Barda.
And while I understand you want Cassandra, have you seen the trailer? We already have Batman, Robin, Harley, Bane, Poison Ivy and, if the leaks are real, Joker, Scarecrow and alternates of Catwoman and Mr. Freeze. I mean, this game can be called Batman Brawl 2 already.

But I was so looking forward to HS guard cancel YRC for high low mixup.

Needs less Gotham, needs more Braniac & Darkseid

Will USF2:TFC replace SFV?

VK's rushdown super vs ERyu's Raging Demon

Was SF4 Guy any good?

NEW THREAD