Street Fighter V: Esports edition

SFV… the game that keeps showing you that it hasn't hit rock-bottom yet…

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Makky_CYS/status/819196998158909441
reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/53ti6x/why_didnt_hd_remix_take_off/d7wvn86/
streetmodders.deviantart.com/art/Cyber-Cat-Cammy-SFV-658639616
youtube.com/watch?v=ObQ-Ennitp4
attackofthefanboy.com/news/killer-instinct-world-cup-bans-teabagging/
twitter.com/NobuyukiKuroki/status/824433440531509248
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i dont even think casuals want to play a game where you have to actually space and hit buttons

Then explain how Smash 4 is so popular.

He's right about everything, they made it simple for casuals yet they released it early for pros and the capcom cup was bigger then its ever been.

They're trying to cater to both crowds but haven't satisfied either.

eSports is the only reason anyone is playing SFV. KoF and GG are the superior games. When Marvel comes along, SFV will be dead for sure.

It's not

Isn't Tekken the only fighting series that outsells it?

Who cares about SFV, when you have based SNK making a better and finished fighting game.

man it's pretty rough when this is the feedback you get from your top players especially when Infiltration isn't the only one. what does the japanese scene call SFV again? loyalty fighter or somethingt like that right?

Duty Fighter.
And that's not the Japanese scene, but the entire FGC, since it's coming from Twitter and other places like this.

I hope Tekken 7 beats the everloving tar out of SFV when it releases.

latest version revelator is already out on all platforms. If you're talking about BB which has a billion versions, I am not sure, haven't been into that game in ages.

I'm just glad Infiltration is not just a glorified poster boy for Capcom. At this point I thought they would give bags of money to the top players to advertize the games.

Also I remenber Infiltration praising Capcom for including a bunch of sexy women in the game. Bet he was pissed about the ass slap thing too.

inb4 the SFV autists ask for evidence of the Duty Fighter meme because they've never been to an FGC event in person.

I meant GG:Xrd Revelator. Dropping 65 yuro shekels on a 2fast5me animu airdasher is harsh, m8.
Yohoho'd it shortly after PC release, but fucking around with the tutorials and AI is not gonna magically impart a decent amount of understanding of the game to me.
Potemkin a cute. Airdashes a shit. A SHIT.

find locals to play with then, otherwise you gotta fork out for the online which is pretty good btw and I am in Australia of all places.

I have a lot of respect for infiltration. I'm surprised at how much capcom has gotten wrong with SF5.

Yeah

I miss all of his old Youtube videos of him getting drunk with friends and just yakking about shit. He had one from after Final Round '16 or something where he was talking about how black people loved the hypes and he couldn't understand why they were so loud. I guess a Razer PR vampire noticed that he was showing too much liveliness cause they're all gone now.

Do YURI a reason to get KOF14 for your PS4? twitter.com/Makky_CYS/status/819196998158909441

Based SNK, that's fucking delicious. Battle-damage lacey bra and boob is beautiful.

it's true

Everyone knows SFV sucks at this point. The Season 2 patch made some things slightly better but it still blows, and the excellent Co-operation Cup recently has made it look even worse with it fresh in people's minds. I think they made point-blank pressure too strong, FGs have never felt so blatantly RPS until SFV IMO, the game needs more knockback and a bit more speed I guess. I also wouldn't mind if crush counters got removed since they fucked up footsies.

Then there's also the whole issue with content for casual players.

The bra designs were always there. Are they an actual costume now?

Truth! About one year later and it still looks and feels like an open beta. I can't think of a recent fighting game that felt that incomplete.
Casuals don't get anything to do, online players don't get a good netcode, pros get shitty balancing patches and input delay. No kind of player can be truly happy with the game.

Hot damn, now if only she and King could fight like that

Don't you fags love point and click adventure games?

Niche as fuck.

Those well over 30 do, yeah. Don't forget about simulators as well. Counter Strike used to have a very big scene here too.
But fitan gaems? Nothing.

The only thing I don't enjoy about KoF is that there aren't enouth heavy fighters.

Mandatory thread pic

SNK is in a "this is my final form" phase. If Capcom stays cucked, they will not stand a chance against them.

And I'm torn between whether I want Capcom to wise-up or for them to just roll over and die already.

They'll be fine as long as they keep making the nostalgia bucks. Esports can carry a game for years if the money is pumped into it regardless of quality.

eSports are cancer

Capcom already had their chance to redeem themselves, but they didn't care and kept jewing their customers as usual, so fuck them!
If it wasn't a Japanese company, judging how they behave, i would think them to be kikes

It's funny how muchas better Tekken 7 Gouki is compared to SFV's Gouki. Not only the model and overall artistic direction, but gameplay wise (based on video). Everything seems more responsive, dynamic and varied.

Also

Thank you based-Harada for being the first to develop a fighting game with PC as the main platform. Game looks great.

It's funny how much better Tekken 7 Gouki is compared to SFV's Gouki. Not only the model and overall artistic direction, but gameplay wise -based on video- too. Everything seems more responsive, dynamic and varied.

Also
Thank you based-Harada for being the first to develop a fighting game with PC as the main platform. Game looks great

At this point SFV purely exists to see how worse things can get. But I'm thankful it happened because I've noticed a bunch of niche fighters had their player base grow since SFV kept shitting the bed

What do you mean by heavy fighters? Cause KoF has tons of big guys for you

user, it didn't just shit in the bed.
It shat the bed and went back to sleep, taking comfort in the moist warmth.

am i the only one who thinks tekken has always gone out of his way to choose the shitiest music around for a fighting game?

the only good theme i can remember from the last 10 years is this one

You're not from eastern europe I take. The music is rather simplistic, but very upbeat.
I really enjoy this one.

What's the appeal here?

There isn't one, it's a horrible game.

Why do energy effects in SFV look more like swirling paint than energy?

SFXTekken kind of did it too in the CG trailers but it looked actually good on those.

What? Tekken 2 and 3 had killer soundtracks.

Because of the whole ink/watercolor look they've been trying since SF4. They want it to seem like "a moving painting" as Ono put it.

Tekken 2 and 3 had good music. 7's OST, however, is fucking terrible (one shitty Dubstep track after another).

PR Rog used to talk shit about SFV until Boxer came outl he went back to sucking off Capcom until he finally parted with EG. I really want to believe he got fed up with SFV being so shitty, but do you think he'll crawl back to EG with Boxer being good?

Is lili the best french speaking character of all times?
My boner says yes

Personally, I absolutely love the T7 soundtrack. I like electronica in general and it just sounds Tekken to me.
Fuck, I can't wait until it finally comes out! Tekken 7 will kill the fuck out of SFV.

Because that's exactly what they are supposed to look like. Ono just has absolutely awful taste. Ever wondered why all characters have way too big hands and feet? Completely intentional. Never mind it makes all female characters look like trannies and everyone look like the graphics designer was a footfag. It's "what players look at when they are playing" according to him.
Cinematic story mode nearly made me throw up because everyone looks like a deformed mutant.

WTF

Boxer is top tier in season 2 so you wont see much complaining from him this year.

you WHAT?

oh wait you said last 10 years. hang on

also I think this should count too

Real talk, I've played KoF14 because I got it for christmas and it's not very fun, like Street Fighter 4 e-sports bad.

There's not much to each move for each fighter, The only ones I could stomach to play as were King, Geese and King Of Dinosaurs (King is the closest thing to a Ryu, Geese is better designed in general, and King of Dinosaurs has super armor on certain moves)

The other characters have no real gimmick that separates them, and while they're all designed differently, almost all of them boil down to fundamentals instead of having moves or mechanics that shake shit up.

For example, after a move, every character will "stop" in place for a LONG ass time framewise, which slows the game down considerably. It's way better then fucking SFV, though.

I got a bunch of fighting games for christmas, and the one I picked up as a recommendation but didn't expect it to be too good was Blazblue: Central Fiction, and honestly it's way the fuck ahead in mechanics then SFV or KOF, it's fucking refreshing.

Mains in Street Fighter are Ryu and Sagat (tried out SFV at a friend's house, not buying that shit), KoF I already told you, and Blazblue mains are gonna be Terumi, followed by the new Susanoo and Ragna. Guilty Gear mains are Ky Kiske and Johnny, Skullgirls mains are Beowulf, Valentine and Big Band, Tekken mains are Miguel, Feng Wei and Yoshimitsu, Mortal Kombat is Ermac, Soul Caliber mains are Nightmare and Siegfried, followed by Ivy, Voldo, Mitsurugi, Sophia (or Pyrrha if it's SCV), Yoshimitsu, Taki, Cervantes, Astaroth, Kilik, Lizardman, Zasalamel and Rapheal P.S. MORE SOULCALIBER GODDAMMIT

oh and smash brothers mains are Marth, King Dedede and Mewtwo

The industry has gone to hell, I swear to god. I'd like to try out Bloody Roar.

I went in hard on tekken 7, learning it as my first real tekken and I just cannot come back to sfv. sfv feels super clunky and slow while in tekken you feel in control all the time, it's amazing.

Have best theme for best girl

So is this how Ono tries to justify and rationalize his stupid fetish?

That's what he said, Hitler. I also suspect it's a fetish. Why else would one intentionally make all characters look like shit?

Well, if Kotaku and Polygon complain about how much the game "sexualizes feet" by displaying them in an unrealistic and exhibitionist way, he might release a feet reduction update even before the Arcade mode.

Faggot detected.

Will Capcom make SF great again?
Another version of SF2 won't do it

Much less for 40 fucking bucks on a shitty console.

How? Are you Asian?

When will this meme end? Street Fighter characters having giant hands & feet has been a staple since the Alpha games.
Also, having exaggerated proportions to emphasize movement is a staple in animation period.

Probably only game to have uglier characters than cisquisition

All of those look like shit.
SF3 one is extra fluid, but still ugly.

Redpill me on everything wrong with SF5.

assuming i find the source, does this lead to where i think and hope its leading

twitter.com/odanondesu

SFV problems?
~ Gameplay is OK
~ missing or poor implementation of mandatory features like arcade mode and proper tutorial
~ for an online focused game, it has one-sided rollback and D-grade connections
That's it in a nutshell.

OK as in acceptable, average, C grade, 3 out of 5 stars..
It feels like it wants to be an improved SF4 but doesn't know how to do it.

Don't be that guy.

If we buy all the DLC, maybe they'll fix it?
More importantly: Do any of you guys know how to stop running into those darn doorknobs?

Who is he Holla Forums?
He looks so violent

How is that shit ok? Have you played 2 and 3?

Bumping with more Tekken

Not really. In KOF, the system is the key to success since everybody has the access to the same tools. They can use the 4 types of jump, rolling, blowback, MAX mode, MAXcancel, SuperCancel and ClimaxCancel. The hitstun you complained are normalized between the characters to ease the matchups and avoid character specific combos (crossups also make the opponent go in the same direction the character is landing).

And looks like you didn't even try half the cast if you think there's no gimmicky characters and find that fucking King is the closest think to Ryu when you have the whole Art of Fighting Team. Nakoruru can ride her bird that she can call and nullifies fireballs and attacks and can do "safe-y" slides, Angel(who has a buttload of moves) and Nelson are chain-users who can toy around with the guard crush mechanic easily, MAX mode grants fireball users(and other types of characters) like Athena and Kensou new moves like a fast one or a bigass and slow one that eats anything in the path, Zarina has a crossup property move that makes the opponent fly around to the other corner of the screen, Mian is a fucking Divekick character flying around, Choi is a hit and run small ass character, Kukri can teleport and use his sand to block the view of his moves, Chin can deal more than 100% combo after drinking 5 times and has access to 5 bars. And lastly, it's NOT a super armor(there's no armor property). It's Guard Point (there's a window during the move that you can ignore some amount of frames), some characters like Kyo, Xanadu and Kensou also have it and King of Dinosaurs don't hold hold shit against the real king here that is Maxima.

But it's ok, you like animefighters more like Blazblue with more wacky things, faster and more air control/movement than a ground-based fightan. It's not far-ahead when Blazblue has its own share of problems but Tao is fun.

Good luck with that.

sage for being an actual general when there's already one

SF2 forever?
reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/53ti6x/why_didnt_hd_remix_take_off/d7wvn86/

USF2 to replace SFV?

They did some rebalancing and removing some tech so it's hard to say.

e.g. removal of charge storage weakens charge characters, ESP chun li. Throw techs introduced in the game so throw loops will be weakened.

People with early access said you couldn't select OG versions of the characters unsure whether because its still in development or intentional. Some of the OG characters were better or different than their ST versions so it could be an issue. Example OG Sagat > Sagat or OG Honda vs Normal Honda as a choice between some superior normals or a forward moving hundred hands slap for ultra cheese.

Remember when Street Fighter allowed you to have more than ONE super at a time?

Capcom's not gonna plow tournament money into into a bad rerelease for a gimmick console.

The Alpha games are so fun. Funnily enough I think USF4 is a decent continuation of A-ism Alpha series. At the very least I always have a lot of fun with the Alpha characters that are in 4.

It's amazing going to my locals and watching sfv slowly get smaller and smaller while xrd gets bigger and bigger.

yfw Ultra SF2:TFC becomes bigger than SFV…

SFV only good when modded
streetmodders.deviantart.com/art/Cyber-Cat-Cammy-SFV-658639616
youtube.com/watch?v=ObQ-Ennitp4

usfiv is better than sfv.

All 6 button fighters are fucking shit.

Yep

lol
attackofthefanboy.com/news/killer-instinct-world-cup-bans-teabagging/

DAILY REMINDER

e-sports were a mistake

I want normalfags out of my games

e-sports were a mistake. Just one more thing I've enjoyed all my life begin taken over by normalfags and greedy Jews. I knew it was over when they announced Street Fighter V would be on ESPN last year. No, I take that back I knew it was over when Capcom pushed out an alpha version of their new game because they wanted it on pro tour. After years of boring matches SF4 was becoming interesting to watch again and the meta was still evolving. It should have gotten at least one more year on the main stage, maybe two. At the very least it would have given Capcom time to come up with something better than the abomination they dropped on us.

I feel robbed. After living through watching all the arcades close shop and having no one to play with for so long I was excited when fightan picked back up in popularity. A local arcade opened and it felt like the old days. We were getting a little love and seeing old series revived. Japan was putting out good shit (Guilty Gear, BlazBlue). Then one day a mass of faggots appeared on the hill and invaded. Can't teabag no more, can't cuss no more, can't raise your voice no more, can't enjoy some privacy in the arcade no more because "WE'RE ON STREAM!!!!", can't smoke in the arcade no more because little Timmy can't handle it, can't play old stuff no more because "We need floor space for 291029384 versions of SMASH!!".

Sick of this shit. A generation of faggots that never took so much as an ass whoopin' coming in and telling us how things are going to run. What's worse, they brought every faggot that used to make fun of us for hanging out in the arcades a long with them and all of them claim they were playing back in the day. All these people are going to eventually fuck off to ruin another hobby but not before they run the one I loved into the ground just like they did with FPS and all the other things they've ruined in their lust for popularity.

At least they stay away from the Guilty Gear, BlazeBlu, and SNK machines. The only reason I still go to the damn arcade is because the owner was smart enough to contain the autism to one corner of the room.

What's the story behind 2nd pic?

So we're getting this guy in Season 2 now that Gen's dead?

Would be way better if Gen's apprentice was a cute girl who takes every fight super seriously and gets butthurt easily when people aren't taking things as hardcore as her.

Gen's disciple is a narcoleptic vampire?

What a bitch move. Akuma didn't even stoop this low.

You've got to go into detail about that second pic.

I know this probably doesn't help you, but it's good news regardless.

Fairly recently an enormous arcade opened up in the mall near where I just moved to. I saw it and went in, and found an entire section of fighting games. I am talking ALL of them. Even obscure ones like Garou or Melty Blood. We are talking head to head setups.

Business is booming too. The place is packed all the time.

I go in often and stomp people off the MvC2 machine. I am currently undefeated. Granted it's an old game and most of the good players who show up are clearly out of practice, but after playing for a while, I wonder why we ever stopped playing the older fighting games. They are still so much better than the new stuff.

It's what happens when KoF matches get heated anons.

Shit like this used to go on all of the time in my local arcades and we were a hick town. I can only recall one stabbing which was no where near as bad as this one (we pulled the guys away from each other). But guns were pulled often, and people would fight all of the time. If an outsider messed with regulars he would get stomped out when he exited the mall. I didn't participate in most of this stuff, other than attempting to chill everyone out, but I always kept an eye open for it and had to defend myself more than once. Some people just can't deal with having hood perfects done on them.

Our new arcade is pretty chill too user though I miss begin able to smoke and some of the more ghetto aspects of the old days. My main complaint about the new one is they let too many children in to play Smash on the weekend. Should be adults only Saturday nights in my opinion since we're the only ones paying anyway. Ours is pretty well stocked too but the constant rotation of KoF games is starting to piss me off. Just give us two machines and 98/2002UM or KoFXIV instead of making us suffer with 95 or the others. I like them but no one else wants to play them and getting rid of the dedicated KoF98UM machine for SF5/Smash still pisses me off.

How retarded.

wut
you mean like a super delivered standing, not as part of a combo? Or is it some KoF specific thing I'm not aware of because I grew up in a Capcom town?

That's nigger tier. Pretty pathetic too.

Well niggers were allowed in there, what can you do. If you think that stuff is bad you should have seen how it was in the city.

It means he did it without linking from a normal, yes. The other guy was butt hurt because he failed to block it.

Its pretty common over there

lol

At least, it's less cringey than the RED BULL promotion (see embedded video)

Why does Eleeza do things to my heart? Feels like Morrigan's older sister (not Lilith)

I hate esports so much

Pokken is still dope

even KI devs came out against the ban

And there went any interest I had in this game.

Where's my fucking Empoleon, Namco?

Is there already a Ken edit of the Donte edit of this one manga?

Morrigan for Tekken?

I don't know if they'll show this on ESPN

I actually miss the old arcades with the stench of cigarettes and piss. You're lucky to even have one nearby,

So we're using this thread as the new general? Fine by me.

KOFXIV new costumes for Nakoruru

And Shun'ei are available on the asian PSN

twitter.com/NobuyukiKuroki/status/824433440531509248

This is all I got for Ken edits.

to be honest Im just watching Japanese arcade footage to see how each character plays like. So whenever they come out Ill be ready

There was a stabbing incident in a school years ago where the victim wound up dead. That's why Nakoruru and Rimururu could get killed in SamSho 4.

Please, you're giving the show too much credit. It's d tier at its best. It takes a special kind of team to even make the premise of undressing battles in Akiba seem tedious. The quality of the animation reflects that. Not having played the game, I came in with no expectations and was severely disappointed in it.

Fucking what? Do these people even know KoF basics? If someone tries to raw super you just backhand them like the bitch they are with a LP to stuff the whole thing. It's always so hilarious to see the dramatic super buildup and then the other guy just casually slaps them away like a fly.

Morrigan or Chunners?

So she's a narcoleptic vampire?

I'm going to off myself

Bye bye

Is SFV going to have another update?

I used to actually think Makoto was male, which made me get off to it even hotter.
Too bad

She's a tranny

Look on the bright side, Third Strike is getting lots of renewed interest lately mainly due to lots of Melee weeklies having brackets as side-events.

Video's on the money, character changes should be something that promote fun, not exclusively fairness, so Capcom's fucking up quite a bit with balance, though they did since launch.
If Season 2 is purely new characters and number changes then I hope more and more people shitcan the fuck out of SFV. The game might only be one year old but it really needs severe mechanical changes and re-envisioning of some shit and the CPT really fucks it over if they don't want to update the game during the tour.

You take that back… you… you… double nigger!

If Capcom has the DC comics license..

3rd Strike Ultra

wwwwww

Loses to Frog Eyes

not surprising

and there are people who think sf5 will eventually be this good after more updates.

Helen/Kolin and chill

Kens wife? I dont remember her ever being a fighter in the lore?

Well we may not got another sf after this mess

good.

i wonder what will happen

Lol. I hope Tekken 7 fails.

It's the shitty, slutty vampire from Tekken that nobody out of weeabo faggots used in Revolution. She's day one dlc.

TELL ME WHAT A GAME CRASH LOOKS LIKE!
THIS IS WHAT A GAME CRASH LOOKS LIKE!

Did it never occur to them to make games fans have actually said they want?
Surely there should be an award for mismanaging one of the best IP libraries any company in the industry has. It takes real, concentrated effort to fuck up this badly. Proper dedication.

I am gay. Accept me……

Capcom destroyed a lot of good franchises like GnG and Mega Man. That's what happens when you allow hacks like Inafune and Ono make one drastic mistake after another, never giving them a punishment.

Power Stone 3 and Rival Schools 3 never ever.

You don't want to see them in this lifetime. Trust me.

Its never happening not matter how much you keep dreaming about it.

Without the naivety, it's going to happen soon. People are getting fed up with shit like this after seeing SFV, MN9, and NMS. Even out of video games, people are slowly waking up to the bullshit in other media like tv and movies (CISbusters flopping, some are questioning the new MST3k season after Joel went cold, etc.).

I'm not saying it's happening now, but it's just a matter of time.

Its not, one company declines, another rises, remember when Sega pumped out nothing but shit but are now suddenly riding a wave of good press and games? How Platinum just makes stuff for other devs now and is good at it? THe truckload of money DOAX3 makes for Tecmo?
SNK rising from the ashes?

Game companies will wither and die and another will take its place, there will never, EVER be a crash on the level of the 70's.

Your examples regarding movies are very poor as CISbusters looked shit to everyone and their "lets insults the fans of the classics" marketing campaign went over as everyone knew it would, it was a completely unnecessary reboot that fucking nobody wanted.

And MST3k was doomed the moment Felicia Day got a role in it.

You mean the 80s. The Crash people talk about most of the time when they say Game Crash is the home console crash of 1983 not the one in 1977 with Pong clones.
And it could happen. No it won't be the same form of the two previous crashes but that doesn't mean it can't happen. Economic bubble collapses are at least partially driven by emotion rather than exclusively on logic.

this happened in hong kong.

Could Rogue One be a better example with the mixed reviews? I guess these examples won't be any good, but what about the comic industry? TumblrSquirrel flopped hard despite people were interested in a small spin-off series, and almost no one likes Ms. Muslim, Iron Blackwoman, or Whor.

It's a shame MST3k was ruined by her and Joel turning into a sjw cuck. There haven't been any updates on the series, and all they're doing now is spamming shitty attempts at Facebook memes. They used to reply to people about the show's progress, but that suddenly stopped.

Good, I don't want a new Rival Schools and I hope like hell none of them show up in SFV.