Rank these shows based on most wasted potential

Rank these shows based on most wasted potential.

Attached: 3453535634.png (930x646, 667.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/110535030/#110536498Random
desuarchive.org/co/thread/110432725/#q110435350https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/109816995/#q109888785https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/109816995/#q109865914https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/109845663/#q109849844https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/109784906/#q109786256https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/109578663/#q109578663https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/109347933/#q109372915https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/109174124/#q109175187https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/104219291/#q104226116https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/104219291/#q104223576https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/104219291/#q104223058And
syfy.com/syfywire/genndy-tartakovsky-reveals-how-samurai-jack-battle-through-time-brings-ashi-back>was
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

StarSamurai JackSUKorraOwl HouseSamurai Jack is getting a new ending via vidya.

>>116889979>SU>SJ>Star>LoK>TOH

>>116889979Samurai JackKorra.Owl HouseSUSVTFOE

>>116890012>>116890028>>116890035How is the rank supposed to be?From the best to worst?

>>116890012Also, SU, Korra and Ow House were never good to begin with.

>>116890058Most.........Least

>>116889979>Owl House>potentialwha?>steven Universe>potentialhow?Star Vs, Samurai Jack, and TLOK all have wasted potential. Star VS because it was actually bretty gud in its first season. Samurai Jack and TLOK because they were coming off years of hype and expectations. Who was expecting Owl House or SU to be good?

>>116890117Gems as a whole had a lot of potential, so Rebecca had that. Not sure on Owl House, I think a lot of people just wanted another Gravity Falls

>>116890117>Who was expecting Owl House or SU to be good?Many people. Owl House was being hyped by Holla Forums and shilled by Disney as the next big cartoon. It had a lot of popular artists working on it, recognizable voice talent, was getting constant promos, and a lot of people in the industry were shilling for it. Steven Universe was also coming off of Rebecca Sugar's AT notoriety. It was also getting a lot of promos, hype, and one of the only shows that was getting episodic reviews on CartoonBrew. As the series progressed and reached Jailbreak, a lot of people really hyped it up as being amazing TV and saying it was going to be like, the next Avatar.

>>116890183>Owl House was being hyped by Holla Forums and shilled by Disney as the next big cartoonHouseshill please. Everyone saw it as Hirsch's girlfriend's gay cartoon and that's exactly what we got. Double on the gay.

>>116890212Do I really have to go into the desuarchive with speculation threads from 2018 - 2019 to prove you wrong? I really don't want to. That's a lot of legwork.

>>116890235Don't need the archive to know waifufags were hyping up their mediocre cartoon as the next big thing.

>>116890235Go nuts

>>116890183Calling bullshit on the SU thing.SU has been niche tumblr trash since its conception.

>>116890355Nah, everybody wants to be the next SU for some reason. It’s always pulled for comparison whenever someone wants to hype a new show, its gayness made it huge, plus Gems are a pretty interesting concept.

>>116890399you're right, it's tumblr trash that is inspiration for the next big tumblr trash, the exact audience it was intended for thinks its the only cartoon ever made, what "wasted potential" are you even fucking talking about

>>116890399>Nah, everybody wants to be the next SU for some reason.Tumblr desu, the lowest of the low

>>116890542That’s not Twitter

It depends on what you mean by "potential." Potential from their initial inception as a concept? Potential since their pilot?For example, TLOK is the most wasted potential if we think of all the other alternatives we could have had as a sequel to ATLA. But if we think of the potential of the series based on it's own plot and characters, there's nothing to waste at all.

>>116890563Twitter cares more about the gayness than the animation or story, much like tumblr.

>>116889979I'd say korra is the biggest one.Transforming the wholesome story of the last airbender into a pozzed degenerated propaganda show was disgusting

>>116890117>Star VS because it was actually bretty gud in its first seasonI see this get posted, and it confuses me. I dropped it because of how abysmal its first season was.Once that season ended, everyone was claiming it had gotten better once they got their sea legs in and insisting that it was continuously improving. Then everyone started complaining that it was only good in its first season.

>>116890306>>116890293Random posts in this thread, highlighted to the first one and you can scroll down for more.desuarchive.org/co/thread/110535030/#110536498Random threads talking about Owl House and how it has a promotional presence or people anticipating it.desuarchive.org/co/thread/110432725/#q110435350https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/109816995/#q109888785https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/109816995/#q109865914https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/109845663/#q109849844https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/109784906/#q109786256https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/109578663/#q109578663https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/109347933/#q109372915https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/109174124/#q109175187https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/104219291/#q104226116https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/104219291/#q104223576https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/104219291/#q104223058And that's all the work I want to do because this is tedious as fuck.

>>116890741The board is fickle. but the first season was great because it was dipping its toes in the water and giving us episodes like Mewberty which was unlike anything on Disney at the time. It had a rough charm to it that slowly got smoothened out by the second season for better or for worse.

>>116890574Potential as in they had many elements lined up ready to make something good but took it all in the wrong direction or fucked it up with bad writing and pacing.

>>116890012it is?was S5 really that bad?>t. hasn't watched it since it came out

>>116890862Overall it was great, especially the first half, but had an ending that underwhelmed.I personally love S5, and could gush about it for awhile, but am not blind to its faults.

>>116890862>it is?Yee. syfy.com/syfywire/genndy-tartakovsky-reveals-how-samurai-jack-battle-through-time-brings-ashi-back>was S5 really that bad?No, but it dipped after the beginning blew everyone's tits off.

>>116890809Mewberty sucked

>>116890117>Star Vs, Samurai Jack, and TLOK all have wasted potential. Star VS because it was actually bretty gud in its first season.Star first season was awful, you are telling me it gets much worse?

>>116890934

Attached: Boo.gif (220x215, 46.71K)

KorraJackStarStevenOwl house is way too early to tell

>>116890961Massive character derailment, too many loose ends, and approaching themes shitting upon the show itself and full of filler

>>116890992>Massive character derailment, too many loose ends, and approaching themes shitting upon the show itself and full of fillerThanks Goodness I never got interested on the show on the first place

>>116890961>Star first season was awfulIt wasn't tho. >you are telling me it gets much worse?The second season gets much better, everything after that is terrible because the writers rushed out a script for their third season, and stopped caring when they got a fourth. .

>>116889979>#1 Steven universeAll the build up and world building amounted to nothing>JackAll the foreshadowing, foretelling and building up of the first 4 seasons ended with a "i wub u">StarWriters didn't know what the fuck to do after season 2, probably didn't plan to get renewed for two more seasons.>KorraNo potential to be wasted, writing was on the wall in the first episode about how bad the series was going to be>Owl HouseGot bored after the first couple episodes, can't give my opinion on it other than that

Attached: 1597030524900.gif (480x270, 2.03M)

>>116891156>probably didn't plan to get renewed for two more seasons.They were in the middle of finishing the special where they kill their main antagonist and tease another one with the hopes of enticing the Mouse for another season when they get a call out of the blue telling them that Star Vs. has just been renewed.

>>116891223So they wanted another season, planned on it, and still dropped the ball so hard it went through the earth and is now making Nike shoes in China?Ouch.

>>116890931interestingwill the vidya be the "real" ending or will it just be a thing where you can choose either the cartoon or the vidya ending depending on which one you liked most?

>>116891279More like they thought they had a week to live, make the most of it and burn all their bridges only to get the phone call and find out they're not dying.

Both SU and SVtFoE reached their full potential at some point and ruined everything by adding pointless bullshit.

>>116891334The latter most likely. Genndy isn't oblivious, he knew a lot of fans weren't happy with the ending.

Samurai Jack is by far the worst. It was on hiatus for THIRTEEN FUCKING YEARS, came back with the beginnings of a good season, and then shat itself, its bed, and the horse it rode in on so fucking hard that Genndy's making a video game in order to retcon how bad it ended. None of the rest of these shitshows can even begin to compare, tbqh.

>>116891439>Samurai Jack is by far the worst.Not even. Samurai Jack is fucking Leonardo compared to Star's shitshow ending.

>>116890862First 4 eps were kino. Then it took a swan dive face first into a pool of caltrops at ep 5, and never decided to get out.

From least wasted to most wasted.Owl house, while it seems to have taken a shift from magical apprentice shenanigans to yuri-hogwarts it still looks like it could deliver where it counts. The series is still ongoing so can't really say if it's wasted it's potential just yet.Samurai Jack, I really enjoyed the final series, I think it hit the right notes they were going for, addressed the right things they were going for, everything with Hobojack was solid gold. The flaws mostly were in the mystery of him losing his sword because he hurt some mind-controlled animals being a bit little shitty and getting it back just because, and the incredibly sudden shift of "Oh, you have Aku powers. OH, you have AKU POWERS! Bish Bash Bosh." seems to be a bit of an anti-climax to the whole series but maybe that's what they were going for. It's a shame that the girl stuck around for like a couple weeks and THEN died just because we need that mature-ending ripping off Hiroyuki Imaishi, but whatever. I would have loved to see one final scene after the credits showing Samurai-King Jack old and seasoned finally finding the guardian so he can return to the future once more, it would have been the perfect bow to tie the series up with.Steven Universe, while the ride of deepest lore and foreshadowing kept us interested without much of a payout, and incredible villians like Yellow, White and Spinel suddenly turned into sappy aunts and a fleshlight was a bit dissapointing, as a whole it delivered on what it was meant to be, a fun lighthearted adventure with magical girl guardians that also dealt with the social life and truama that come with it. while SU:Future was a bit off-key in places, it succesfully told the story it was aiming to do, Steven getting PTSD and having a meltdown. The biggest "It could have been great." from SU was basically everything with Jasper, especially after her exchanges with Amethyst seeing her as a sister.

Attached: KingJack.jpg (1280x720, 43.85K)

>>116889979LoKSJOHSUStarThe further down the list the less potential they had over all, so the amount of lost potential was reduced, not by the realization of some of the potential, but just by lack of potential since the beginning. LoK and SJ just needed to not fuck up their predecessor, but they did. OH, SU, and Star barely had any potential and just ripped bits and pieces from other shows in an attempt to replicate their success.

>>116892148SU was always more DBZ than Magical Girl

>>116889979from most wasted to least wasted>SU (every character but steven and pearl gets fucked over by filler and the limited pov rule and they do nothing with homeworld) >SJ (started off kino and then shit the bed once it added the romance subplot)>SVTFOE (shipping drama overshadows everything else that was fun about the show) >Owl House (eda is shoved to the side too much, should have been an adventure show with eda and luz's mentor/apprentice relationship as the focus)>Korra (had everything it needed to be great but failed with the execution a few times)

>>116892148SU also lacked on delivering with Spinel, since the movie seemed to end with her being incredibly distant to steven and acknowledging that she has to move on past pink, to instantly being his goo-goo-eyes fleshlight in SU:F, I also feel they missed the ball with Blue Diamond. She was portrayed as the sensitive emotional one and they did a fantastic job of showing just how this makes her the most erratic and dangerous of her and yellow only to do nothing with it and have yellow be the more antagonistic one because she is a rational meanie and blue is a sad woobie. Ultimately, I think Steven Universe told the story it meant to, and while it could have been great, it hit the notes it intended to.I've not seen Legend of Korra, I've not heard good things, while I can't honestly rank it without watching it, from what I gather it would be about here.The biggest offender, Star vs the Forces of Evil.The show was great, they had great worldbuilding, great characters, great "Deepest lore", great foreshadowing and design. They had great character roles and incredibly serialised build up with great villians and spent entire seasons building up and up to great things.Then it just all got.. so.. Bad. Eclipsia was an incredible character foreshadowed as such a threat that so perfectly puts everyone off guard with how casual and informal she is. The final season beat the "Monsters are descrminated against >:( " theme so hard into the dirt they couldn't have hammed it up more if they screamed Monster-Lives-Matter, The worst part of all is they pulled it all again with Globgor being the possible real threat, only to have him be a totally harmless woobie too. All of this compounded with the few notes that they had that Eclipsa WAS actually messed up because she WAS using evil magic and both humans AND monsters are bad guys, only to end with "Jk, ALL MONSTERS GOOD, Mewmans are racist." Anyway, I'm going to genocide all magic beings because my moms a meanie.

>>116891439But then by that logic, Samurai Jack at least has some redemption because it's getting a chance at "redoing" the ending because Gennedy knew people were unhappy.Star Vs and Steven Universe are just fucking done and over. Star Vs is guaranteed not to come back because Disney told Daron they're not interested anymore.

From most potential to least potential1- Korra - The main problem of the show was how it was only 50 years after Aang events, it should be over a century later so you could explore a brand new version of the world. Also focusing in that shitty city was a waste of time just like several arch enemies rather than making giving Amon and his followers the main enemies similar to Firelord and the Fire Nation.2- Samurai Jack didn't need a fucking finale, him fighting against an unstopable for of evil and never giving up was clearly making the world better by inspiring people, it was a journey that didn't need an end similar to Conan never ending adventures3- Star vs started mocking concepts of fantasy shows and movies that wank Middle Age as a good thing, the peasants live miserably and their monarchs were violent barbarians, season 3 and 4 straight up fuck everything with blatant character assassination and cheap plot twists ruining the worldbuilding for the sake of subvert expectations4- Owl House was nothing than the author copying everything she wanted with a harry potter premise with Elves, Deviantart tier story 5 - Steven Universe was never good and would never be good because Rebecca openly don't give a fuck about the show or characters(she said so several times through interviews), all she wanted was an excuse to push her political views and get money, she basically described herself as a proud hack.

>star, owl house>implying they werent garbage from the very start

What would a five way crossover be like?

>>116892851I personally feel all the visual designs, world mechanics, magic logic, and a lot of major characters were really good on paper for OH and Star and it's the fact that they didn't know what the fuck to do with it that makes it a disappointment.

>>116892851Star actually went somewhere and is remembered in infamy. All Owl House has going for it is gay and Alex Hirsch playing a manlet character.

>>116892938>RememberedNot even that. It was remembered as a messed up thing for weeks. Then faded away into irrelevance

>>116892960>Then faded away into irrelevanceAny time anyone talks about shitty finales, Star will be brought up.

>>116892990Yeah, being occasionally mentioned in a very specific category doesn’t quite make something relevant

>>116889979From most wasted to leastOwlStevenKorraJackNever watched starI liked jack, it was entertaining. Korras last season sucked dick and so did season 2 for the most part. Steven was just like, I would of liked less townie shit.

>>116893025Oh forgot to talk about owl, uhhh it was just sorta bland. Would of liked more adventures than just highschool stuff

>>116892960>Then faded away into irrelevanceLast time I heard, Star and Big City Green carved up a large portion of Disney viewership. More so than Amphibia and Owl House.

>>116893011Relevant enough that people were able to see a difference between previous and current seasons.

>>116893079Being relevant online isn’t always related to actual views. Most fans of cartoons are poor or cheap, usually both

>>116893129Do you know what pic I am talking about because Star took up the west coast and BCG took up the eastern coast.

>>116889979KorraStarOwl HouseSU Samurai JackKorra flopped every damn season while having good ideas, ruining them every single time. Amon was good idea and done poorly, Dark Avatar was dumb as fuck, s3 got a sock stuffed in it, and s4 had a mech to fuck everything all up. Star kept focusing on ship shit and then decided to fuck the world building for nonsensical garbage. Owl House is looking to be a dump because no one wants school shit, everyone turned in for old witch and normal girl boogaloo. SU fulfilled its potential mostly. Jack just had a shit ending.

>>116893193>nonsensical garbageThe show was “LOLSORANDOM” from the beginning

>>116893328I rather take the random shit then what they flopped it to.

>>116889979Owl HouseSteven UniverseStar Vs

>>116893407True. Poor racism metaphors suck ass

>>116890355You can't have been on Holla Forums for very long if you don't remember the massive reaction to Jailbreak.

Star vs should really be up there due to how good the first two seasons are. I always recommend to watch the first two and the special and to just stop there.

>>116895949Only the second one is good. First is tolerable and the others suck shit

>>116895949If that was the case then Korra and Jack should be ahead of Star since Airbender was the perk of western animation and Jack before season 5 was a masterpiece, a true classic in the sense of the word.

>>116896109In retrospect. Avatar could hardly be called the peak

>>116889979>BasedSamurai Jack>Meh/AwfulSUStar>Wasted and belongs in the trashKorra Owl House

>>116890783God damn

I would say that Jack's gurren laggen ending was the most inexcusable.Genndy had that many years to come up with an ending, and he threw together "Jack meets a girl and falls in love (it's a "meet cute" situation where she hates him at first) and together they beat Aku, wiping out the timeline (so all the people Jack saved were actually never born) and also she vanishes too because she was part of that timeline (although her not existing means that Aku wouldn't have been killed so it goes into a logic loop crash) so we can end with Jack looking sad on the wedding day stolen from him, the end."NEARLY 20 YEARS, Genndy. You had that much time and that's what you came up with? Fuck.

>>1168899791. Steven Universe2. Samurai Jack3. Star Vs.I never watched Korra or Owl House. They did not interest me.

>>116889979I just decided to give owl house a chance and watch it this weekend. What the hell did it do?

Attached: 1588547172392.png (640x360, 345.22K)

>>116896475>Sets up a magical female Rick and Morty>Turns into yuri Harry Potter fanfiction that barely features the main trio together

>>116896484>Sets up a magical female Rick and MortyImagine expecting R&M out of OH...

>>116896484Huh? Owl house has three perspective main characters that usually branch into two storylines. Having A and B plots is a very common structure comedy cartoons cartoons. The Simpsons pretty much had that every episode, for instance. Rarely was it about all four main characters.

>>116889979Samurai Jack - Anything past 2004 doesn't exist and saying otherwise is fake newsStar vs The Forces of Evil - Was great, until season 3. Shouldn't have gone past season 2Owl House - Should never gone past its pilotLegend of Korra - Pandering shit that should never gone past a pilotSteven Universe - Should never gone past an idea. In fact, its best to never acknowledge it even exists.

>>116889979SU potential fucking hurts Jack 3 first episodes are just peak TVKorra was doomed and Bryke is fucking Lucas tier Star vs never had potential , it was always teen dramaOwl house , fucking LOL

>>116892881Star watches the other protagonists in an orgy then kills everyone but Jack so he dies alone after her suicide

>>116892881Jack being a parent to the kids, at first he thinks Korra will be just just as responsible but she goes to being just as childish as Star, Luz and Steven

>>116892034>swan dive face first into a pool of caltrops

Attached: Michael Caine laughing.jpg (860x860, 414.96K)

>>116897123Id say owl house should be higher - I saw the opening and thought it would be a cool wizard show and gravity falls had a baby, plus the animation was great and then a couple of episodes later and it hadnt really picked up and now its the end of the season and it just got a little bit more interesting. Tbh, owl house would be an alright show if there was a more overarching plot or villain that tied everything together instead of a daily shenangins type deal.