I'm curious, how many of you fucking retards use windows 10...

I'm curious, how many of you fucking retards use windows 10? Just trying to gauge how much cancer there is on Holla Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

comparitech.com/blog/vpn-privacy/3-privacy-fixes-for-windows-10-to-keep-your-data-private/
bitbucket.org/matthewlinton/ancile
github.com/crazy-max/WindowsSpyBlocker
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_vPro#Security_and_privacy_concerns
thewindowsclub.com/10appsmanager-windows-10
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I AM A RACIST BECAUSE OF WINDOWS 10

Isn't there a guide where you clear and remove any botnet applications on windows 10? Making it a sleeker windows 7?

I use it purely because it's what my PC was shipped with. The constant forced updates alone make it gar-bitch.

Yeah it's called

Windows 7

Came pre-installed on a laptop, does that count? If it makes it any better my desktop uses 8.1.

No, I meant a modified version of windows or a D.I.Y where you remove the programs manually and replace them with non-botted programs, I remember you force disable a lot of programs where windows sends info and "phones home"

Yeah it's called

Uninstalling windows 10 completely you fucking idiot

Dude, I want to beat the shit out of that and smash its skull. I don't care if I go to jail. I want to it to fucking die. I feel my primal bloodlust come out when I see Uguu More shit.
I want guro of cute loli catsgirls. I need to satisfy this evil craving

I don't have Windows 10 you shit gobbling fuckduck. I want to though, it looks nice, but I don't want to be botted.

But why

I do
So do 50 percent of Steam users
So do 25 percent of PC owners
And this number is growing
Does this trigger your autism?

pls no

The cancer totally isn't the faggots partaking in OS identity politics

I refuse to believe you actually think this. This has to be bait. Nobody is this dumb.

No one is arguing over the best OS here, just calling windows 10 out for being the piece of shit it is. How much does microsoft pay you by the way?

I don't, not because the spyware thing but because it's downright fucking ugly.

It could be people want the latest software
Shocking I know

Oh shit I was caught, I was being so subtle but user found out, Microsoft totally pays me to make these posts! Guess I won't get my fucking paycheck now!

No, the cancer is in retards accepting a shoddy product what steals your information, and doesn't even work as well as the past iterations that didn't steal said information. Oh, and then paying for it.
Lets also not forget the supporting of a company that actively sabotaged computers with "updates", of which existed just to shit up your computer and nag you with more and more pushy demands to "upgrade" to 10.

At least you're honest for a shill.

Incidentally, my phone tried to autocorrect that to "spyware". Even it knows.

No, pretty sure you're cancer right now. Faggots like you killed Holla Forums and now it's a bunch of freetard. Nobody there talks about technology there anymore, just a bug GNU/Linux circle jerk. Everyone who actually gave a fuck left. Maybe you should go back there faggot

You should be a comedian.

The quality sure rose after all the Windows users left

Completely agreed. Windows 10 shills are the dumbest fucks I have ever seen post.

how about no

I can't wait ' til nuclear fine burns out all you cityfags. Nothing could bring me greater joy.

being so poor and not having a normalfag machine for normalfag shit and a separate rig for your degenerate activities

Yup, now we can talk about forcing unfunny Brian Fagloli memes! Give me the bitnetoli XD this isn't cancer at all! /tech is a technology board by the way!

You're trying way too hard.

You mean a lap toaster?
I had one but then I dropped it and broke the screen.

And you need to go back to your Freetard hugbox

Yeah, you're a retard and underage. I'm fucking done

We know

I will never install Windows 10 on any machine I own. Ever.

We got a live one. How long do you think this one will go?

"Identity politics" are political views and movements based on perceived self-identity, i.e., fucking nothing.

You know saying it openly doesn't make it untrue, right? And doing it for free is even worse.

There is a bunch of vocal faggots that go out of their way jut to trigger people.
You can't even be sure if they actually use Windows 8 or 10, but they will make sure that you have butthurt over their alleged cancer.
Just ignore them.
Most of real W8 or 10 users usually don't even know how to make threads on gamefaqs or steam forums, but when they manage to they ask the most retarded shit imaginable.
If you see faggot on Holla Forums or Holla Forums deliberately posting his screenshots and defending his shit, chances are he installed it on virtual or throwaway machine just to fuck with you.

Did you make this thread just to become angry? Apparently you succeed, congratulations.

Post more Jissou abuse.

Legit question. How do i get rid of the botnet on my W10 PC?

Inb4 W7 or linuxshit. W7 isn't compatible with my mobo/cpu and linux a shit.

You’re the fucking retard.

i use windows 8 :^)

You fucked up. Congrats on wasting your money on botnet hardware, looks like you're stuck with win10fam.

No john, you're the retard.

There we go.

Poe's law

I have windows 8.1 on my computer and ubuntu as my daily driver. The only problem is its getting harder to avoid windows 10 every day. I used it on my laptop for a little while and its honestly not a bad OS, its the fucking spyware up the ass that's the problem. It's bizarre to me that Microsoft would take 1 step forward and 3 steps back.

At my work I got a bunch of free keys because we got these OEM boards that were defective and they were going to toss them anyways.

no

go through the privacy settings and turn off every single one. And I mean every single one.

comparitech.com/blog/vpn-privacy/3-privacy-fixes-for-windows-10-to-keep-your-data-private/

Except that's an outright lie with no basis in reality. There still isn't one single good game for windows 10, and any other daily use outside of video games is done better with linux. 7 is the last OS made for good video games.

I dual boot Linux Mint and Windows 7. That's been my setup for years, and I see no reason to change.

I'm not talking about games you mongloid, i'm talking about hardware. the new ryzen CPUs are windows 10 only as are the new intel ones. If I plan to upgrade my computer i'll have to use it eventually.

it feels like you didn't read the first sentence, I use linux as my daily driver. I use windows for games.

Windows 7 on PC for games here.
Xubuntu on everything else including my mothers machines.

You're either on Linux on an old Pentium box or you're compromised.

I turned off Win7 updates long ago.

So did Microsoft. They broke it on everything that isn't Windows 10 unless you go out of your way to find the fix.

You can also just not download the bad updates. You know, like a sane person.

I use Windows 10. How do you know that Windows 7 doesn't do the same diagnostic shit? Holla Forums is even afraid of their CPU and hardware being botnetted. There's always another complaint.

Still on 7 famicom

if any of you are using windows 10 while browing 8ch..
well..
say hi to the nsa for me

That's a load of bullshit and you know it. There is nothing stopping you from installing any linux distro on a cpu. They may not give you performance as well, but that's your fucking problem, you stupid windows 10 shill.

Wait, people use windows update?

This isnt even talking about the fact that Win10 is spyware practically, but why would anyone want to use it if they play vidya? I would assume there would be lots of games and programs incompatible with it, and why risk it when Windows 7 has loads of games running on it fine enough, and especially because with Win7 in particular some fans had to apply fixes to get the games running on modern OSs? With how little people use W10 for vidya I would imagine your line up is even smaller.

all me

Why did you quote everything I posted in this thread user?

awww shiieeeet , we wuz play'd again

You can remove it in 7, but you should still only use it for games.

all me

Thanks for the link. I'll bookmark that so i can check it out when i get off work.

What if you multi boot + VM from GNU/Linux like me?

You only think you can remove it.

Tried using Windows 10, unpozzing it was a pain in the ass involving a lot of busywork but wasn't hard by any means. What is unforgivable however is it killed my audio devices and failed to recognize my GPU. I eventually found a way to fix the GPU issue but that solution which I only arrived at after two days of troubleshooting did not work on win10, which is why I'm back on 8.1 typing this. I even tried multiple times going back and forth between fresh installs of 8.1 and 10 to figure out if it was just a fluke but no, win10 would not recognize a GPU from two years ago even after I reflashes its bios.

That and its consistent failures over multiple installs to switch between or recognize audio devices clearly signals basic system stability in win10 is shot to shit.

The goy is you, user

Unironic 8.1, because I installed it as a meme after I put my computer together, and was too lazy to reinstall everything.

This right here and in general this kind of philosophy that is common with new software is a million times worse than any privacy concern you might have. Especially since the solution to those privacy concerns is to not be a dumb fuck and use the advanced user options to disable all the telemetry during install or suffer through the obtuse menus and disable it there after install of you used the"recommended" option. You can't get rid of the W10 trying to hide bottom level shit from you though. It's like it's trying to go hey you wouldn't understand it anyway so we'll just be cute and use smiley faces in error messages rather than error codes or actually telling you what the problem is.

Forza Horizon 3 is still the most fun I've had with a game in years so it's worth suffering through.

Where was paying stated in the post you quoted? You're a fucking idiot for using windows 10 in any form, even for free.

Gnu/Limux with offline Windows 7 install that will become reactOS or WINE once NT6 patch gets merged.

Only limp faggots that autistically chase after "new" and pretend they can mitigate spying and the shit interface use Windows 10.

Man you're a presumptuous little faggot, aren't you?

If you don't use it, why would you be trying so hard to attack those who insult it?

I use a pirated version. The only complaint I have that it's ugly at times.

I don't care, I barely respect any of you.

I avoided the "free gift - whether you want it or not" time period, so I pirated a version of 10 Enterprise - gutted cortana and turned off as much telemetry as I could and still dual-boot Win 7.

Enterprise is probably just a meme version, but so far it hasn't reverted any of the changes I made. We'll see what happens after the first new update.

cpu

Oh so this is the kind of people Holla Forums has to deal with, i pity the poor souls, please user tell me you use Ubuntu so i can die of a happy heart attack

That only prevents your pc from auto installing win10, what about all the telemetry shit on 7? For that you can use this

bitbucket.org/matthewlinton/ancile

Because apparently it "runs better" but considering all the other stuff I just wonder.

Nonexistent because windows update was turned off the moment 7 was installed, like every normal person does.

It runs better on laptops and shit because the hardware company jews intentionally sabotage their shit to run worse on 7 for a slice of that microsoft pie.

You are pulling my leg right? If you don't uninstall specific KB's and block MS hosts your pc sends stuff every time your connect to the internet.

But why

That sucks, for a while I have been tempted to get a license for Win 7 instead, just so I can install it without the need to run an activator every time I do a clean install (which is more or less every year)

Isn't your copy already pre-activated? I have a copy of 7 Ultimate that never needs activation/reactivation.

If you don't connect to the internet then why did you disabled WU you wanker?

Why the fuck not? Fuck windows update being useless trash with no helpful updates and fuck using the internet on anything but your trash computer/linux.

It was pre-activated but I needed a certain number of updates that weren't bundled and it got deactivated.

Enjoy your no dx12, faggots.
Either you adapt or you die.

Don't worry, just google "Something Happened" and you'll be able to figure out what the problem is. Error codes are deprecated.

Holla Forums and /g/ before it have always been total freetards sperging. The people who left were actually the biggest freetards of them all.

Human beings are interesting creatures you see, most other creatures adapt to their surroundings, but humans adapt their surroundings to suit their needs.

Holy shit, I can't believe just how much of a pleb you are.

Even rainmeter fags aren't as normalfag-tier as you are, god fucking damn.

lainchan

Now I have no way to confirm this, but when I used Classic Theme it actually felt slower than normal. I don't understand why or how. but that's what happened.

Just use a program called O&O Shutup 10 to get rid of all the shitty stuff on win 10

Try this

Reported, then.

You can get away with this and MS will do nothing about it.

tHIS thread is cancer

Why did you took the bait anons?

I use windows 10 and have used windows 8/8.1 for the past 3 years. The piracy police still haven't busted down my door but I guess it is just a matter of time.

Came preinstalled on laptop. Turned shit off, haven't had any problems.

Who /win98/ here

To be fair, I got a free copy from IT at work, and it's the closest thing to the Ultimate version for W10.

I'm not touching it, fuck the latest flavor of directx.

What's wrong with it? It's easier to use and less buggy/glitchy than 7. Besides, it's the future of gaming. Any other reason not to use it besides muh privacy?

yes. came preinstalled and theres only steam and origin on that partition. i have linux for everything else.
windows 10 is only a slightly more invasive turd. using windows 7 does not make you a connoisseur.

dont cut yourself

Why stop with /tech and Holla Forums when you can kill yourself as well.

You have to fiddle with it a bit but it's alright. Might take a while for me to get use to everything being so small.

Vulkan is gaining ground isn't it? Hopefully the strangle hold will be broken soon enough.

Thankfully my only desire to deal with it is for Forza Horizon 3 and My desire isn't that strong and stifled by the fact they always have a bunch of DLC. And frankly the only way I'd deal with is would be to duel boot it with a LinuxOS to do everything else on.

There is, MS put out guides for corporations and the military to disable the telemetry and cortana shit. However it can only be done on the Enterprise version of the OS, so you either have to get a copy from a guy in the IT dept of where you work, dowload an evaluation ISO from MS themselves, or torrent a copy. Then you have to patch it so it can run as "registered'.

After that you have to follow the guides that I mentioned above in disabling the built in apps, cortana, and telemetry. The Defense Department issued the same guides that even goes further in locking down the OS, as they are upgrading all the administrative PC's to W10.

There's also a powershell script that does the same thing made by a SysAdmin when deploying this OS to computers. The funny thing is after disabling it, you'd have to follow the same steps in removing certain task schedulers that were installed on the telemetry update for W7/8.

I've been running it like this for the last two weeks and it's been running like W7.

I wanted to for Gears of War 4, but they completely botched the crossplay so I decided against it. Really glad to have dodged that bullet and don't think I'll be tempted again. Gears was just special to me ;_;

if i pirate it and "register" it will i be able to buy shit from the store?

since the only reason im actually tempted to even think about going through to W10 is Forza on PC

Just spend five minutes removing the botnet and block microsoft IP's, you autistic niggers.

You probably turned off windows aero, and that means it was rendering with your CPU instead of your GPU.

yeah no

Daily reminder that programs are starting to only support 8.1 and up.

how many of you are running wine

I am, to play touhou and Path of Exile. Works well except for poe maps with ground effects where I lose all my frames.

They still want you to sign in with an M$ account to buy apps from the windows store. I read that they might change it in the future to let anyone buy apps without an account. However I have it disabled on my install and can't verify.

fuck.

haha
good one
who the fuck has a daily updating blocklist consisting of millions of botnet addresses

was replying

No, it just changes back when you aren't looking. not even fucking joking.

if you try to use older windows on older machines, they are sent updates that shadow update them into windows 10 without looking like it.

Win 8.1 x64 on my PCs now. Still have Ubuntu on a partition on my laptop, but I never use it anymore.

REQUESTING THE WEBM OF THE RUSSIAN GUY PROVING THAT WINDOWS 10 SENDS PICS OF YOUR DESKTOP TO MICROSOFT EVERY 10 SECONDS

I have this but not that, though I remember seeing it.

Fuck you for perpetuating that FUD garbage. Learn how a computer works and how to verify facts before you make yourself look like an idiot.

it kind of did do it but only on the pre release beta version

That may be true, but that russian webm is utter nonsense.

That sounds great until you realize update is mandatory for some windows stuff. From languages to driver updates.
And while some drivers can be found language packs are not possible to install without update or a preconfigured pirated version.

Fuck Windows 10. I've got 2008R2 on a PC used only for gaming and Linux on everything that I actually care about.

I do because my laptop broke and I needed a new one.

it's clearly just a worse version of 7 aside from the DX12, but it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be either. The only part of it that's so bad it actually wants to make me switch back to 7 or linux is it automatically retstarting for updates without you being able to tell it to wait till the next time you turn it off or refuse entirely.

I was too lazy to slipstream USB3.0 drivers into the Win7 iso. Plus thanks to intel dropping off USB2.0 off their motherboards.

Installing a win10 is far easier than doing slipstreaming shit, I start to not give a fuck about muh privacy anymore and just wanna game.

I have another win7 pc for work tho.

Anyone on Midgarsomr?

it came pre installed

It's actually an ok operating system as long as you're using the Enterprise edition (anything less than that and you might as well just run Win7, Home and 'Professional' are gimped beyond belief and don't allow you to disable any of the telemetry or other bullshit).

Though I still feel like Windows 7 and 8.1 were more solid overall.

they worship a frog your gauge might explode

There is something like that, but it's not millions.

Use something like HostsMan to automatically update your Hosts file to block shit.
It also includes a bunch of other stuff, like firewall and DNS protection.

Works on 7/8/10, and everything is updated weekly with new IPs.

I'm getting W10 on a laptop, preinstalled, so I've been reading up on everything I need to unfuck it. If Dx12 can run things even marginally faster and I can block all the spyware shit, I can live with it. Also, apparently 4gb of the 8gb RAM will only work with W10. So kinda have to stay with it.

It updated on it's own then I accidentally wiped my cache of 7 when i thought the refresh option would bring back 7 during the first week.

Wut?

Oh yeah, and if they start porting XBone games to W10, I can pirate them (hopefully), which I wouldn't be able to get on W7, probably.

One person I rarely talk to called me up at 3am asking me how to remove W10 and go back to W7. Feels bad when that's all people want you for.

W10 apparently can lock hardware to the OS.
I was told by Holla Forums that this model has RAM locked off.

What shit are you looking for that's only accessed from the metro menu? The only things that metro system menu do are new user interfaced things like the person login screen and lock screen. Nothing else is only accessible by the metro menu and not the regular control panel.
There's nothing wrong with 8.1 M$ just went and made the start button full screen. It's 7 with a faster file explorer and updated task manager.

I do. Last night started playing Brutal Doom. Holy shit is it fun!

are you running some PRO hardware en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_vPro#Security_and_privacy_concerns
so basically what you are saying even if you run something else on the computer 4gb of your ram is reserved for loading some spying shit that will be spying on you even if you have some other OS and shit running and installed
:DDDD
the question is why did you fucking pay for that?

Tried Win 10 out. Explorer.exe keeps crashing, generally when anything goes wrong with an application. Anything that runs on full-screen tends to fuck things up and re-position all of my other windows.

People running Windows 10 will find out how much of a good idea it was when Microsoft gets hacked to death. Microsoft and so many other companies live on idiots anyways,

50% off, good hardware and it's just for playing games when not at home.

What kind of cuck do you have to be to pay for locked hardware?

Mind posting all the results of your research user?

It's not locked if I use W10, and it's not shit if I remove everything using Enterprise.
:^)

Use this to remove everything. If you don't understand it, take it to the Holla Forums questions thread and have someone there help you.

Use this to remove preinstalled bloat.
thewindowsclub.com/10appsmanager-windows-10

Then follow these instructions:

But only on Enterprise Edition.

I'm curious how much of a faggot OP is
Nobody is gonna be honest about this anyway, and OP is more than likely a hypocrite

Gee I sure love buzzwords.

I love em too
sadly the man has a point
quit trying so hard

Is it about politics? Yes. Is it about Identity? No. It's not about being a winfag or a linusfag, it's about an OS (a piece of software that needs to be run in order to launch any other application you manipulate on a day-per-day basis) being built from the ground up to collect and harvest private information and share those packets with the federal bureau of investigations and the central intelligence agency.
If you cannot see how one would abuse (for their own benefit, or the benefit of their clique) the power vested in them for working in public services, and cannot imagine how one would mandate those organizations to collect dirt on dissent, then yeah, I guess he "has a point".
No one made that choice for Microsoft, Apple, Google and co. They did that on their own. They fucked the customers over, so it's normal the customers may have some hard feelings about it. Don't blame them for the decisions originating from big corporations.

I have a TS clearance and live on a military base user. While I do browse the internet on a VPN, I wouldn't doubt if my barracks room is wiretapped or some shit.

The government already has every piece of information they could have on me so give me on reason why I shouldn't use Windows 10. Plus I like its aesthetics.

On my desktop at home, I have pirated Windows 7 Ultimate. On my Chinese tablet it has Both windows 10 and android 5.1 so I can enjoy both flavors of cancer on the go. On the tablet I used Shutup10 so I can remove the spyware and updates. After all that, it's alright for reading visual novels, web browsing, and light productive work. But that's talking more about the hardware than the OS that's on it. As far as what windows 10 has to offer once you get rid of the spyware and other shit that bogs it down, it's nothing special. I'm only using it because it's what came with the damn thing. I'd never use it on a desktop I built.

Have your eyes checked. With this pencil thin tail and shitty ears it can't be a cute loli catgirl.

Look, a frog!

come on nigger