So I've got a small problem

So I've got a small problem

A visitor group liked me so much they left me with 15 ostrich eggs. I didn't really know what to do with them, but I didn't want to just waste them, so I built an ostrich hatchery (pictured).

Is it worth it more to raise them and eat them, or train them to be a pack of attackers?

Also RimWorld/DF thread, share greentext stories or whatever

Other urls found in this thread:

commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Surgery_in_art
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28747.0
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=839704611&searchtext=oni
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=845431906&searchtext=lamia
volafile.io/r/HF33Go
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26469.0
pastebin.com/TFATEFR1
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22399.0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Aren't most animals supposedly hilariously inefficient in terms of meat produced vs. how much it takes to raise them?

I don't know but that sounds pretty realistic. The only realistic way to make that exchange efficient is to feed the animal something you can't (or won't) eat yourself.

You can usually resolve that pretty easily with herbivorous animals - you just set up a plot of haygrass and you're all set.

That said, I'm turning them into a fighting force.

That brings back memories of suicide boomaloop XD they would allah snackbar the fuck outta the Commandos faction I've downloaded.

Thanks for dem memories

I guess I'm remembering from when pets were first introduced, IIRC it used to be a problem because a decently-sized herd of animals would quickly decimate every last patch of grass in the immediate vicinity and you'd need a field of haygrass twice the size of what it'd take to feed the same number of colonists with potatoes or something.

Also, aren't pigs supposed to be one of the best farm animals since they'll eat corpses?

Nice. I've never tried that, I usually wind up making a few super soldiers and then backing them up with a squad of llamas

That's definitely been patched. I don't know about pigs eating corpses, I've never tried it. I usually just cremate them.

Right now I've got about 15 herbivores and some dogs, one field of haygrass supported by one sun lamp, and a surplus of like four thousand hay.

Pro tip: never allow females to do the bombings and also make sure you got at least 3 on one master.

I'll give it a shot next time I set up somewhere that isn't in the arctic, the only good shit that comes through here are the occasional bear and a ton of muffalo.

I got pigs sometime ago, the description says that they're good for meat, but they're completely consuming my vegetable stock. I thought it'd be nice to have a constant supply of meat since I live in a cold biome that rarely has any animals, but you have to keep each pig for several years before the meat produced is meaningful. Otherwise you'll get like 15 meat for the baby pigs, after several months or however long it takes for pregant pigs to make them.

Chickens supposedly lay an egg a day, and eggs can be used as a substitute for meat (I think 1 egg may be equivalent of 5 meat?), that's probably significantly better. I don't know how often Ostriches do that.

good one Holla Forumsrother XDDDD

HOW MUCH LONGER WITH THIS GAY SHIT

Its going better than expected, i actually moved from another colony i made right in the mountains, living inside a cave its comfy specially if the world its on the end of the cold slider but… the bugs… the fucking bugs dude they come out of nowhere so i moved into a flatland and built a fort.
First i had to scrap a lot of the stuff in the base to pack it up as parts to re-ensamble it on the site, getting a lot of muffalos wanst really hard since i had bitch at the time with 17 animal skill.
it took me a week to design everything and i used the blueprint mod for every building, but the result its really comfy.
Now the only problem is population grow, lots of space but not much people to fill it, also im waiting for couples to form, so far there are 2.
Commander-Georgette : Somehow my best soldier, military child and ex- Destroyer-General fell in love with a caravan child and housemate with 12 social, pretty good couple they live in the HQ near the barracks
Handy-Bitch : Both nicknames made by me, Handy was the first good engineer i had that had decent crafting and construction so i used her for everything, bitch was captured from a tribe, while captured she escaped once and set my batteries on fire causing a blackout and a lot of trouble, also she has good animal skill so she handles the beasts, i have no idea how they get so much in contact really since they both work in different areas and one was a nerd and the other a feral child, but somehow they fell in love and now live in the ranch.
Also Quickie the ranger was refused by the janitor, gambate!

Also this is the base :

Top Right : The barracks, everything millitary goes there, i try to keep it stocked with high quality weapons and stuff, its lacking a lot since i had to scrap much of my previous weapons and armor, it also has the HQ and a dining hall for soldiers to eat together so they dont have to leave, also has its own power generators and in case of emergency it can power itself.

Top Left : There is from left top to right bottom, A church, apartment complex for civilians, research and some good shit stuff i have, empty warehouses and my drop pod launchers, and my 9 endgame energy generators, they produce more than enough power.

Bottom left : Top is the refugee camp yea we shot on sight if any male tries to culturally enrich anyone, thus the fence and below is the main storage for shit we dont need, the hospital that works 24/7 and the jail.

Bottom right : this is the production district, i make all the shit i need here starting from the top left with the metall/u/rgy where i make weapons, ammo and components, Below is the mason, i dont use it anymore since the walls are all finished now, to the right its the textile factory, below it is the ranch, and at the bottom its both the farm and the kitchen, i make meals and then someone else hauls them to the fridges to save time.

Its also worth noting the constant slaughter outside thanks to the local bear population.

How did you find ore and components in flatland

I appreciate the symmetry but I find the lack of at least three overlapping fields of fire or secondary if not tertiary lines disturbing. Is making the "windows" using equipment racks or such not viable anymore?
Also putting checkered rubble/boulder fields in front of your sandbags used to be the best thing ever in both soaking stray missile fire and telling the AI sappers to fuck off and charge the main bunker.

chickens are very fast and easy to raise
meat only eating animals are probably a bad idea though, unless you're getting raided 24/7 so you can feed them human corpses
i've got a farm with a lot of wolves, chickens, turkeys and huskys. had to kill a lot of each in order to feed the wolves, but they did save me during an insect infestation, and multiple raids, so it was sort of worth it
+ all the wolves/huskys nearly double the hauling power of my settlement

for fucks sake what do i do

you should have fuken dug yourself into a mountain, now even if you finish that wall, aliens can still drop pod you

Like i said at the start, i started the game in the mountains to the south but after the third bug rape i grew tired of it so i decided to set up a caravan and move to the flatlands, most of the stuff i have now its either remanents from that time or stuff i traded.

I ran out of resources for the wall midway, so this is all i could build, i may make it bigger but i gotta wait some time and trade some more resources for the turrets

….

Think Warcraft 3 inspired burrows which eventually form a full-on bunker system. Small, overlapping buildings supported by a couple of central bunkers with emplaced weapons and auto turrets.

Also, I may be paranoid due to my zombie and tribal experiences but your building designs could use emergency exits and internal corridors lined with flammable/wood walls. Nothing beats that cozy firestorm funnel. and fuck you for making me want to reinstall this shit. I was free, motherfucker

Nah you are over complicating the situation, most of the attackers dont even get to shoot at my turrets, still, i added another layer of defense so i can put my soldiers in case the thing gets ugly

weeeeew

So you say but I had 200+ strong waves come at me

when they're two years old you can sell them for like a hundred spacebux each, and the female lays like 14 eggs in a.. clutch? litter? I dunno

Why do dumbasses put heaters fucking everywhere instead of using vents?

I need a mod where you can assemble your turtles into a mobile wall like sandbags

i was actually just typing that out. central heating nigga

BRAVO RIMWORLD

in case a wall explodes while it's -60 outside
but yeah, i usually just do extra insulation for that

vents look horrible, i have power to spare anyways and its fun to give prisioners a heathstroke

Also a good point, and the fact that opening and closing doors lets the heat escape and you end up needing more heaters anyways to maintain a good temp.

but for real though, you need one heater per room. it'll have to work harder to equalize temperature but one high-drain heater is better than two low-drain

Im selective but in most cases i just infect them with the gay, its not like they can resist the charms of the allmighty onee-sama

HOW TO STOP BUGS

making a mountain base is the best.

pro tip, remember to always have at least two walls surrounding every room that's on the inside of your base, but the outside of your base should at least be 4 walls thick with spaces of nothing in between, and some with sandbags in between, and some with boulders in between. on the outside should be sandbags and then boulders on the most outside.

remember that all your walls should be ones that you built and of good strength depending on material. never leave your mountain bases walls as cave wall. set up your own built walls because they are better.

all doors inside the base should be double auto doors, and all doors leading outside should be 4 auto doors back to back with spaces like an 4x airlock.

you should have turrets and sandbags in every single room of your base as emergency defense positions.

Oh dont remind me i tried that

Funny shit, the bugs destroy the AC and crawled into my food reserves, i had to use molotovs to burn them along with all my food, 200 lavish meals gone for good.

Build turrets at regular spacing so they can shoot at everyone who comes in from any side, have atleast 5 people with good armors and guns and make them patrol the base doing nothing, when raid happens you will laugh your ass off at the idiot AI having no strategy whatsoever

The Japs are fucking crazy, man.

I want a mongirl rancher mod now.

better strategy would have been to put multiple vents spaced one apart to allow airflow with reinforced walls around the corridor 3 thick, allowing you to put multiple heaters and ac vents heat red arrow end aiming in, into one room that just FEEDS that reinforced vent tunnel the hot air so you can cook the bugs before they reach the heaters, and it gets hotter and hotter for them the closer they get to it.

bonus points for creating multiple different vents to different redundant heating rooms and sandbags and boulders around the entrances and exits of the vents to make it even harder for them to get in to the vents and then out of them again.

as for turrets, I would have a reinforced turret area surrounded by sandbags in every room (make pretty art and potted plants to keep the room beauty up, and make the rooms big for spaciousness bonus) spaced apart so each turret overlaps its line of sight with every other turret in the room (at least 4 per room).

following this guide basically makes you have a GIANT base because of all the airlocking and double triple quadruple walling dooring and airlocking and precautions but gives you an insanely well defended base from all directons.

remember to make the air vents long and skinny with vents in between to allow airflow, spaced one apart. this makes it harder for them to get to the heaters in time.

also put a switch that turns on or off all your heat trap rooms so in an emergency you just flip the switch to all your AC units and heaters and they are all preset by you to be insanely hot, they all turn on at once and the bugs panic to destroy your sandbags and vents but never get there quick enough.

helps to have an amazing energy production ability.

Easiest way is to make it strange shaped like an L or S that way they propably wont see the entrance to the room and you can safely step inside to throw a molotov at your preplaced wood wall.
That will raise the temperature fare more quickly than heaters.

also I wouldn't ever just assume that heating and AC means you are doing this ANYWHERE near your food reserves.

C or S shape sounds cool. maybe they wont even see the vents and go for them so that's a good idea. I don't know if they will spawn in there with turrets inside, but I would put turrets and sandbags inside to defend the vents. I don't know if turrets will explode if they get too hot in rimworld though.

basically you have to build your base as if huge amounts of zombies from 28 days later are coming to get you. everything must be severely redundantly airlocked, multiple layer thick walls and reinforcements everywhere. redundant power grids with switches everywhere allowing you to keep going even after many different failures in different areas. one battery line shorts out and lose all your power? switch that one off for repairs and switch the other backup battery system on. have multiples of these isolated from each other.

I would also get a huge amount of mods that include zombies of course, or your base wont be any fun.

basically almost every single mod out there

a mod that lets you instal ship parts all over your base and turn your entire base into a giant ship that lets you take off and land anywhere you want, even another rimworld. (you basically zone out the area of your base as "ship area" and instal engines everywhere.

also, a mod that lets you take your ship up and be a space station base whenever you want. mine asteroids, get different resources, different enemies, rabid space zombies that leap from space wreckage towards your base.

bump

You seem lonely, user. Don't worry, I'll start a colony soon so you have someone to talk to.

what do you mean

So exactly the same as reality, then? If humans wanted to be EFFICIENT about food (instead of eating what tastes good), we'd all be on a steady diet of algae.

Train them in the art of war.
If a ragtag gaggle of emus can beat the aussies, one can only imagine what horrors can be wrought by a properly-trained army of their kin.

bump

I bet you heretics don't even purge for the Emperor

So they married, its the second marriage i got in this game so far, now i hope i get a lot more if cougar stops being a fucking buzzkill and refusing all the young girls that cant resist her milf pussy play

Also commander coulnt be there since she and half of my alpha squad are going to pay a visit to the local natives and maybe kidnap some potentially good specimens for the zoo

we need to research yuri in its natural state like nature want it to be

that's some funny shit, user

There's mod to prevent redicolous "mistakes"

Vid related

Awwwww thats so cute what game is this? Please dont hurt the ostriches

I reloaded. Fuck RNG.

fucking rimworld

in a future with cloning capabilities and exoskeletons the male becomes irrelevant to the point where an army composed entirely of female lovers Sacred Band of Lesbos? would be a lot more combat effective than one of entirely men or mixed, yuri shall conquer the universe fam.

Rimworld.
It's a fun game but gets even better if you mod it.

embed related

oh boy
commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Surgery_in_art
nvm, there's not much

I can't read the words, but I'm sure they translate to something like "how to cure a simple cough"

I remember an user posting in a rimworld thread here a while back who was working on a mod that allowed colonists to breed, have kids, grow up and all that. I'm curious how that's going since I need to balance out all this yuri posting with wholesome nuclear families and happy straight white housewives giving birth to straight white children.

delete this

faggot. Make a cave or a room with only one entry. The entry leads to a 3x3 room. Then there's another door. It leades to a 5x5 dark room with nothing in it.
Nothing except niggers. They'll rape and breed each other. Everyday, some Nutrient Meals are left at the first room (after locking the doors properly). Everyonce in a while the niggers riot because they're in a dark palce surrounded by shit, piss and tears. They'll punch each other and a lot will spiral into riot too. When a lot are uncousncious, step inside with the riot police, drag them all to bed.
The broken will have their organs harvested (you ain't putting that nigger heart into your colonists, sell that shit to chineses off world restaurants).
The survivors will have improved. Once a good size of them reaches skill 10 in melee, put some clubs in there. That will make them learn faster.
Raiders come to your peacefull idillic paradise?
Draft them all, send them to the meat grinder.
Survivors get to live another day in the Den.

All white man get trained in shooting instead.
Put them in barricades. Yeah, maybe there's gonna be the odd "friendly-fire" accident, but who cares, they were just taking up food anyway.

Come now user, you can be quite evil in this game.

And to this day, colonists still swear if you approach the central monument in that colony, you can hear some otherworldy being singing "I don't want to set the world on fire."

Note for anyone using a mod that adds embrasures, they're just sandbags you can't move through and thus only give soft cover. For the full hard + soft cover bonus, you need them next to a normal wall so your colonists can hide behind it and peek out into the embrasure tile.

i just want to build walls i can walk on and shoot down from without having to worry about some screaming tribal with a club beating the shit out of one of my colonists.

i mean didn't we figure this shit out in 2001?

there's a mod to put windows and shoot through them

installed the hygiene mod, will try to use the barrels of shit to make an oven to trap enemies in

I was down to people before I got back-to-back wanderers joining, but 3/4 cannot haul or clean and their stats are "excellent".
The only actual stroke of luck I've had, though, was that wooden statue. It's not even good, but it's just enough of a boost to let me have a "somewhat impressive" dining room.
Helped me dodge so many mental breaks

put the meals near the table

Nice get. I need to add a secondary freezer, but the meals are being frozen in there to avoid waste currently.
The top-left annex has been restructured so I can get the ugly shit out of the hospital to avoid a debuff.

at least put a door from freezer to diner to cut down time

No idea why I didn't just do that.
Thanks user

anyone use project phi for multiplayer trade?
we should set up some sort of tag in our names to recognize eachother and send help to eachother in need.
Currently Im making large amounts of herbal meds if anyone is in a pinch

[8] will suffice, won't it?

Wait, there's multiplayer? Also, does pirated version work in MP?

It's a mod, all it does is let you trade items and colonists between people connected to the mod's server (or your own, if you set one up).

And since it's a mod, there's probably no way for it to tell if you're using a pirated copy or not.

Both of my wanderers died of sleeping sickness and I haven't had a caravan in the 20 days while they depleted my medicine.

Oh hey, that's me. Progress is coming along faster now since my other two smaller mods are in more complete states. I've updated it to A16 and mostly completed the "genetics" where children get traits and appearance from their parents. I'm now trying to move the child generation code from the "GiveBirth" function to the "DoGenerateNewNakedPawn" function instead, so if children are generated by the game (ie: on game start or visitors/raids etc.) they still have the new code applied to them that newborns get. But detouring the pawn generation code to my own is proving especially difficult, since I'm more far of an artfag than a programmer.

The hygiene mod is fucking great by the way.

All this past year, all she's been doing is getting fucked up after her husband died. She'll often wind up knocked down in the central storage area, I guess just laughing her ass off as she stumbles around and falls over.

Is this game easy to get into if you can't understand DF no matter how hard you try?

It's fairly easy to get into unless you are a complete dumbass. Unlike DF you don't need to remember all the keys, you basically just use the mouse. There is also an in game helper thing that is actually helpful in teaching you tips and tricks rather than rehearsing to you the painfully obvious mechanics of the game.

Is this game actually good unlike DF?

Here's your (You)

Thanks user

BECAUSE, IT RUINS THE AIR LOCK, COOLING YOUR DINING ROOM AND HEATING YOUR FREEZER. you need a second air lock, or just move the door over to the kitchen and move the table and chairs over to where your grand wooden stature is

Its the most DF-like experience from all casual clones of DF. I mean, there's no better.

DF>Rimworld>Everything else

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Just bought this game, what mods does Holla Forums recommend?

These faggots decided to attack this random structure in the map. There wasn't a message that they're beginning their assault or anything like that, they just attacked as soon as that guy dug through the wall.

Can I get some criticisms on my base? I'm pretty new to the genre and have no idea what I'm doing.

This base is my third attempt and the longest I've lasted. I've run out of components and I'm finding them hard to come by.

you're just asking for aliens to drop pod you
at least put turrets in that field

Just one good fire and it's all gone

Any good torrents for the lastest version of Rimworld?

Rimjobs, shill me this game's gameplay and why I shouldn't just play DF.

it has a GUI instead of text
difficulty is the same as dorf fort for completely different reasons
only noticable downside is the lack of z-levels
with the last update, you can consider the whole planet as adventure mode

one fucking job

Did you claim those walls?
If you did that's why.

sure, and walking dead is actually quake but without all the controls

Nice mental gymnastics.

You ought to upgrade the outermost wall of your entire base to stone, and ideally also pave a ~2 block wide floor of stone/concrete around it. That way you can avoid everything going up in flames.

Putting lights on bedrooms is a waste of electricity as far as I know.

I haven't found any reason to build separate rooms in a hospital, the benefits of being able to put multiple beds in front of a single television and connect more than 1 bed into a health monitor outweigh the occasional disrupted sleep.

Might want to build a wall around the geothermal and/or solar, they're somewhat expensive and invaders may attack or take cover behind them.

You should probably not connect too many batteries into your base since everything is made of wood. The more batteries, the bigger explosion you get if RNG decides to blow up one of your wires. You mainly need batteries if you're using solar or windpower, since their power output varies with time. Geothermal is more stable so it doesn't really need batteries.

You have a lot of coolers and wooden doors on your outer wall, which are easy for invaders/animals to break through.

You can tame them?

Yes. And shear them. And milk them.
And have them nuzzle your colonists.

Ah cute.

You know, I dont mind canibalizing people, but I wouldn't dare to eat these cute onis.

r8 muh base

Uneven crops/10, would not farm with.
Small, dirty rooms, uncomfortable for your colonists.
Clean that blood, too.

Rookie base, we all have been there. You'll do better after a while.

Im in the middle of rehousing my colonists as you can see to the eastern wing of colony
I dont have enough space for nice farms
How do i demoralize raiders if i clean this blood?

well gee why don't you put some stone walls near them too, i'm sure they'll give up right away
you kill raiders you fucking dingus, who gives a shit about morale

Get out of my face with your dictatorship you monster.

This game seriously needs slave mechanics to force prisoners to do the hauling or other simple jobs for you, with the possibility they might try to escape or riot

So is there any valid tactic in vanilla to deal with these assholes?

I can deal with the ones with laser guns, but I don't know of anything that I can do without getting hit in the face by the rocket launcher several times. EMP grenades have too short range and mortars can go suck 80 dicks.

snipers, correctly positioned turrets, disposable trained animals

Piss off a Trumbo, lock yourself inside, wait for mechanoids to arrive, enjoy the carnage, finish off the survivors

The fire isn't that bad.
If they're defending their drop pod, I just surround it with sand bags at medium range and make sure my guys are well spaced out. Sure, one person will dance around on fire for a bit, but they don't usually die.
If they're attacking, then take them out with your killbox.

not everyone lives in a mountain.

you should

36 corpses in 88 days, a wild ride

Atention anons.
Someone, most likely an autist from freech or similar, is trying to stir shit between playerbases of diferent games.
The reasons are unknown (but are likely to narrow down to terminal assburgers) but the modus operandi is always the same: jump on thread about game X, claim Y is better, then jump on thread of gaim Y and claim X is better.
When that fails, he switches proxies and starts a Holla Forums vs Holla Forums argument to further derail it.
The latest attempt has focused on Rimworld and Dorf Fortress threads.
The previous attempts known are:
Be on the lookout for the pattern and remember the years old advice our internet forefathers left us with:
DON'T FEED THE TROLL

Who cares, i just want to talk about rimworld and see other anons colonies.

Cool it with the autism

am i the only one who grows a beauty garden?

no screencaps of posts?

Is alpha 16 already out? any working mods for it?

Thinking about making a tribe of cannibals killing lovecraftian horrors in the north.

Yes, for like 2 weeks or more already
Most of the old ones, some new ones too
Good for you becasue iirc there is a lovercraftian mod

Ah nice, any new mods worth using?

Dunno i only use prepare carefully and combat realism

I use Prepare Carefully too, but I'm also interested in mods adding more factions and beasts.

I guess I'll have to purge all my mods and redownload them so I can have a nice new game. Any news about a family breeding mod?

Yes. This game is what Dwarf Fortress would be if there were an actually functional UI and simple graphics. It's very easy to call it babby's first Dorf Fort, but it has its own charm and is definitely worth trying if that game interests you. There are no obstacles to learning the game, you may just have to wipe a few colonies to get a hang of it.

Here's some of my favourite mods:
- A Dog Said… Animal Surgery
- Better Pathfinding
- Chemicals & Neutroamine Crafting
- Dub's Bad Hygiene
- Dub's Skylight
- Fashionrimsta
- Glittertech Furnace
- Less Arbitrary Surgery
- No RNG in Death
- MeerkatMod
- More Vanilla Turrets
- Nerve Stapling
- RealFOW
- Recycling
- RimFridge
- RT Fuse
- RT Solar Flare Shield
- Spoon's Hair Mod
- Taiga Creatures

All available somewhere on the forum.

I'm actually working on it right now. I wish I wasn't such a shitty scriptkiddie otherwise I'd be making better progress.

autism

only if you're playing on easymode

At what age will you be able to arm children? I want a loli army.

Currently at three and a half years old

Neat, should make for some fun scenarios where babby shoots ma and pa's killer, hopefully.

Toddler 1 has went berserk! Reason: found gun.

I want this to happen.

Digging this ruins map generator mod. Love games that let me turn some abandoned building into a filename.

>One guy from a fraction thats has very low relations like -80 but not hostile already for some reason comes to visit

Half tempted to just leave the cunt to get eaten by wolfs or harvest his eyes and heart and mail it to his retarded fraction.

You think that's bad?

Well you want your shit, you come and take it from my cold, dead hands.

And they did 3 days later.

This more fun than DF? I didn't do that well but it was pretty comfy.

Why not keep 5 of them for food and 10 for fighting? They should continue to lay eggs, and you could replace combat losses, as well as have one stable source of food.

Fuck yeah, fixed the problem I was having. Working on drug induced fetal defects now. Should have the first stable release in a few days.

fuck off Henk

You heartless beast

You mean soon we'll be able to manufacture our very own redneck colony where people are born retarded?
Don't forget inbreeding then!

What the fuck is wrong with my artist

Can you actually make paintings already or just crappy statues?

I have a person with 10 medicine and another with 10 crafting, why the fuck can't I make medkits? Do you need something nuts like 15 medicine to make them or what?

It's a statue. I'm sure there must be a painting mod, but I haven't dipped my toes into mods quite yet.

Is just that I feel weird seeing a statue that represents some battle or hunting when it is a statue of a head.

The cthulhu mods allow you to make books and diaries, just to restore your sanity.

Every caravan that visited me died horribly.
Sometimes things just go right

is rimworld supposed to lag like a bitch with a moderate amount of mods installed? I'm not even running it on a toaster, but every evening/night shit just stutters like mad. pic related my mods

I would think it'd be one or two mods competing over some aspect or taxing your read/write.
I'd be careful with the UI/manager mods especially. If it wasn't this bad before, try removing/re-adding newer ones one at a time.

Mods should really have no discernible effect on performance. If your game is getting slowdowns then you have a poorly programmed mod eating up resources for no good reason. I use the RealFoW mod that only shows what's in your pawns'/lights' field of view, and even something as complex as that doesn't slow down the game at all since it's well made.

So, rimmists… How2room?
How do you make your bedrooms, how large, with what furniture and what materials?

I usually make an apartment complex with 5 rooms side-by-side with vents connecting them and heaters on the first and last, then mirror it in front of this row for a total of 10 rooms and consider this a basic cell I can replicate everywhere.
I make them 5x5 with a bed and a lamp, eventually something to store gear and a statue. Stone block walls and wooden floor, the external corridor is open if I'm not in a mountain.

However, I wonder just how exactly am I getting wrong and getting right?
How large should a room really be and what furniture should it contain?
I'm told that a light is a waste of electricity and I'm assuming that it's because they don't care about it when they go to sleep.
But how spacious should a room be and how decorated should I make it?
Also, what can be placed inside that's actually usefull?

Other that, has anyone had any luck taming the horrors from the Lovecraft mod?
2 of them spawned in my map and they keep roaming around, eating bears and deers when they are hungry. I have a pawn with 8 or more animal handling, the required to tame them, but so far no luck.
My plan is to make a killbox and unleash them on raiders, while putting them in a pen where I leave all the corpses I find.

Don't bother much with rooms. Any bonus from what's in there doesn't last, since as soon as they leave it goes away. You just have to make sure that their ownership mark doesn't hurt it. Bear minimum rooms are best. Don't bother with lights, only bother decorating to make it so that the room isn't making a permanent unhappy thought.

By this, I assume you mean the Ascetic and Greedy traits?

I though they kept a permanent moodlet all day long based on the room they slept in, much like they have one for the "recreational room" and another for the "dining room" but apparently, nope! That one is just situational for when they are on it.
Now I feel like a chump, making big ass rooms for them.

Although… Has no one ever tried to make a "personal property" mod? Something where each colonist can actually "own" rooms and whatever they have in their inventory? It would be nice to have actual jobs and a currency going in your settlement.

yeah, turns out the cave biome mod was endlessly spawning and despawning some plant during nighttime, easy fix

That's a shame to hear, I liked those flowers that made light and shrank when people went near.
It also had some flowers with massive Beauty but that released toxins whenever anyone went nearby.

Also, does anyone have problems with EOP, the mod for proesthetics? I get a bunch of errors about it overlapping some other mod that I can't tell from the error log, despite no other mod for proesthetics being installed.
It gives a bunch of errors but I can still run the game just fine, though.

Also, what the fuck is up with that Orassan mod? Everytime I install it, it refuses to generate a world for some reason. Does it need the Alien Framework that it was iterated from?

Rate my base, give defence tips, whatever.

>The last visiting member runs off making sure to tell the chief that it was my fault there psychotic faggot starting going on a killing spree At least he tipped

Then shortly after an infestation fucked my shit up as it spawned in my armory and they broke the walls before I could rev up the heat chambers.

I burned all of the corpses

magnet where

oy you filthy goy learn your place

No Daisy.

so what you guys think

ditched research because i finished it all the feild north with the geothermal hydroponic basins is walled off with a 3 thick wall now working on building into the mountain the area inside of the walls is roofed off because of a toxic fallout event and i haven't bothered un-roofing it. my base defenses are fortifications at choke points around the map.
and batteries are the devil.

You should be growing corn in those greenhouses outside the base by your kitchen instead of all the way in the back. Lots of hauling inefficiency hauling your food that far on every single harvest.

Also corn>all. Once you are self sufficient enough on food corn helps cut down on labor time immensely. Frees your growers up to do shit other than harvest rice every single second of the day.

the rear "greenhouse" is the older of the two i grow corn over the summer. but the rear greenhouse gets to hot for it but during the long winters i have i need the rice to produce enough food to sustain my population as the boars i started breeding all got preregisters gave birth to 30 little shits that ate all my fucking corn. and the devils strand i'm growing out front has a longer growing time than the summer and cannot be grown with hydroponics. so they are stuck out front. need to set up a grain silo up front for maximum efficiency for the next harvest. and find a way to either feed the boars or just fucking kill the little shits off.

ive just started playing and figuring shit out, then a lightning storm hits and starts a fire in my temperate forest starting point.

the rain saved me.

beware australians

Does the cave/flora mod spawn those glowing flowers in non cave maps? If it does, that's your problem.

I never got the point with lightning storms since they happen when it rains. The rain pretty much does all the damage at mitigating damage.
At least it's not as bad as Toxic Fallout.

I tried those mods and it does spawn things there. This might be unintended, though.
I've also tried removing them and indeed there's no more lagging at night.
It's a bit of a shame, those were some pretty flowers.

I think the mod author released a new version where the lag is fixed, so you can enjoy your lag-free flowers again.

"major threat"

Doesn't matter, stop being a scrub and keep trying to learn how DF works.
Don't give this jewish dev money for an overpriced product you could get a better version of for free.

but i got this version for free

Then you're doing god's work.

Kill them at a rainy day.

protip: build a 3-tile-wide strip of concrete or stone over any outdoor power conduits you have outside. if they ever zzzzt the fire won't spread

or just don't use batteries

How do you defend it?
Where do you farm?

You're just a spoiled little bitter faggot aren't you? Why don't you grow up shithead.
I bought the game after playing it because it was fucking fun. I bet you bought skyrim and minecraft or better yet got your parents to buy them for you.

4th try's the charm, huh?

That's not starsector.

A $30 DF clone.

Calling someone a poorfag because they don't want to give your jewish overlord shekels isn't an argument, shill.

fucking cucks that are enamored with EA games holy fuck

You don't realize it takes a ton of work to make a videogame and even more work to make it yourself. A lot of work that people who aren't shitheads don't really put in enough of anymore.

You're supporting the death of all that is good in a hobby and simply trying to justify being a degenerate cuck by demonizing people who support a game developer. 30 dollars may be a lot for someone without a job to save up sure but telling people they're doing the work of god by just not supporting someone who makes a fun game while shilling for cuck fortress, the game where animals refuse to breed because they're gay trannies and plays like a wet turd doesn't make you special. It just makes you a faggot.

Trying to post and trying to get dubs are very different things.

What's with the faggots lately that acuse people of shilling but then namedrop a random game as a better alternative?
What's with the faggots that jump into threads about a game or a type of games and then namedrop a game that's not even the same type, claiming it's a better alternative?
What's with the faggots that keep namedropping obscure games and then calling everyone else shills?
What's with the faggots that think they can just namedrop a random game to prove they actually play\support videogames when nobody believes you actually play it?

Just how many levels of irony are we going in here?
I've saw some of these idiots sometimes claiming some game to be a better alternative to what the thread was about, even using it as examples of games they play when the release date was the next month.

I get that shitposters will shitpost but this shit is downright offensive. It's one thing to funpost, it's another to believe everyone else is as much of a dumb faggot as you are.

People would literally rather pay $30 for a functional UI, even if it means only having a 10th of the content.

The worst part is Toady said he'd planned to redo the interface back in '12/'13, but it was more important for him to code the simulation for how toenails smell based on environment/footwear material/age etc. or some other stupid shit. Let's face it, the only interesting updates DF has had in years has been from Masterwork. There's not even any mouse control FFS, some aspects of the game like the vital job allocation it is necessary to use a 3rd party program to actually use. The priorities of input numbers for actions are fucked too. DF is a classic case of a UI being designed by someone who doesn't actually play the game. Let's not even get into the complete inconsistency withe the arrow keys, uhmk and +/-.

More DF clones will come and eventually one will come along that surpasses it in depth as well as QoL. In time DF will become a TIL thread on reddit.

There's actually SOME mouse control, you can use it for Designations like digging and whatnot.
But it doesn't work for Looking Around or just about anything else, despite many of them controlling the same.

To be honest, it's pretty radical what DF does in terms of simulation, down to people having fat layers in their bodies.
But the sad thing is that besides very exoteric uses (like the boiling childhood uberdorf training) there's very little uses for most of the simulation and even less that the player can actually interact with in meaningfull ways.
Compare it with Rimworld where you have far more control over what happens and what's done by and to your colonists and you get this very funny irony: the game with the most content is also the one that let's the player use less of it.

The irony doesn't stop there, though. Rimworld has it's storytellers programmed for a relatively small population of 5-8 people and balances events to try and meet that number, meanwhile Dwarf Fortress goes well into one or two hundred dorfs if you know how to play the game.
However, the GUI of Romworld is amazing for setting tasks and restrictions to a large amount of people at the same time since you can see at the same time what tasks are being done and by who.
And in contrast, the GUI of Dwarf Fortress is incredibly cumbersome for anything larger than 10 dwarfs, where you must constantly remenber just how many you assigned for farming\crafting\weaponcrafting, with the military being the worst offender as well.

So you also end up with this funny scenario where the GUI of both games seems made specifically tailored for the other game.
This is some sick shit right there.

Children & Pregnancy mod maker here. For all you guys that wanted to try it out I made a public testing release on the game's forums:
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28747.0

Pregnancy does take 3 seasons so if you want children right off the bat you can spawn them in with the devmode Spawn pawn-> ChildColonist tool. Or just roll random pawns until you get a child during game start.

Well now all we need is the Slavery mod to be updated so you can go capture kids from other tribes. I expect that to work very well with the Cthulu mod so instead of baby factories, there's gonna be sacrifices factories.

If your colonists have a nice room, they'll have a long-lasting mood boost after sleeping in it. Especially if they have a nice bed.

Friendly PSA on how to deal with mechanoid pods. Just wall around it like so, have your best runner pop off a shot at it, the have them book it back to your turret line. the mechanoids will try to claw their way out as long as you leave the home zone added from the walls then head straight for your main base.

How can you type so much shit without actually saying anything meaningful.

Yeah Tarn Adams is pretty talented and has put a lot of work into Dwarf Fortress.

Videogames are dead

Says the mouthbreather copypasting Holla Forums lingo while supporting early access.

that your chipmunk brain can feel fun is irrelevant to how shit your $30 clone is.

Your game is a clone of it.

Nice freudian slip.

By that logic all FPSs are DOOM clones because they share similar mechanics. You're a fucking retard. Go have a draino chugging contest with yourself.

So yesterday I got a new batch of allah shackbars

Training is a bitch

Bump

Man, I can't wait to start a cult and they stop being so weirded out by overgrown fish.

I euthanised them, clearly had no other choice.

Too bad "being an useless whiny bitch" or "dragging everyone else back" or "endangering the entire colony" aren't valid reasons to punish someone according to Rimworld inhabitants.

I had a guy who was the first to join one of my colonies, walked in naked except for a cowboy hat and a gunshot scar.
He ended up sleeping with every woman in the colony, fighting with most of the men, and kept getting drunk and setting everything on fire.
Then when I got sick of his shit and sold him into slavery everyone was sad that I did it even though maybe 1 person has positive disposition towards him.

which streamer had a colonist go on a drunk? eating binge and went off into an insect hive?

If you euthanize them instead of selling as slaves, the penalty is just -3, not a big deal.

Also, did you guys knew animals can have mental breaks too?
I was running it at the fastest speed as usual, just 3 colonists suddendly dead in 3 seconds after he went berserk. It was just a husky so there has to be some "stealth attack" mechanic that makes killing sleeping people much easier.

Also, having fun with a mod that adds new mental breaks
I almost feel bad for raising pigs to butcher. They seem to be quite inteligent and strong.

Thanks for the list mate. Loving this game but I suck at it.

this is a good time to be alive

No links

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=839704611&searchtext=oni

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=845431906&searchtext=lamia

Could someone put these on Mega or Dropbox or something for those of us who don't use Steam?

just started the upload to
volafile.io/r/HF33Go

user how do I… what is this?

I'm pretty sure the user was looking for the mods, not the game itself

So he was.

Rate my shitfort!
We have begun the second year, we mostly export jackets and weed.

He cant be very bright, considering he tried making arguments between Overwatch v Paladins and RTS v Moba. Saving grace is whoever they/he is, he's obviously from the bargain bin of shills.

It will burn down within a year.

What is this mod about?

Monster girls?

It's just in a .rar file.

Well if he was bright then getting caught wouldn't be part of his plan.

I saw the Lamia and was wondering if they were an alien race for your colonists.
Turns out they are an animal that produces eggs and milk, plus it makes your colonists happy by nuzzling them.
Things turned out better than expected.

Now we need a bestiality mod that lets you pick what animals can be romanced. And more monster girls.

No, he isn't. He actually takes the trouble of changing IPs to get different IDs and avoid being filtered (because you absolutely must hear his wisdom) but he still posts the same way with the same images. It's cute that he goes through so much trouble, thinking he's actually fooling anyone but himself.

Why not replace all the world civs with monster girls? Sure you would end up killing some, but you could make a human and have a harem.

To be honest, I prefer them being able to milk, shear, collect eggs, and nuzzle over having them function like normal colonists. Maybe with a mod that allows colonists to do all of these things, though.

Because you can't have a civilization that only features females and "male monstergirls" doesn't make any sense.

Also, this:
Although, I just remembered that there's Bonding for animals which is the closest you can get to marriage with them, I guess.

Milk and shear? Sure.
Eggs? You evil bastard.

Worse things have happened on the rimworlds.

Damn.

Well, since this is a rimworld thread I must ask:

Any updateded mods that add 40k weapons? There were a few in earlier versions with spess mehreens weapons and armor.

As far as I know, there's only the one for Imperial Guard (+ Traitor Guard)
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26469.0

The best part of the 40k mods is that now we can edit starting scenarios.
So you can start with 5 fully equipped Space Marines with 20 in shooting.
And 5 tech-priests with 20 in Construction/Mining/Growing.

It's kinda lacking a lot of stuff though.
I'm still waiting for Tynan to add vehicles to the game so we can go BAAAAAAAAAANEBLADE some bandits.
Also, if a lot of content for each 40k faction gets added, either someone starts working on a mod to add chaos/orc/tyranid bases around the planet or I will.

Well, Tynan's fetish for game design probably means that there'll be more than one use for chemfuel eventually, which will hopefully mean we'll at least see one-man vehicles for use on the world map.

However, that same characteristic of his will probably also mean that we'll never get multi-tile vehicles for some bullshit reason like aesthetics or pathfinding.

Those are both perfectly valid reasons

Yeah, they are. And I hate it.

I was aware of this one already.

Nah, dude. Just make a starting scenario with only one spess mehreen in a hostile world that needs to build a spess ship to return to his chapter.

bonus points if only the spess mehreen leave the planet alive.

Excellent bedrooms and solid AC partitioning (due to being separate buildings mostly)
Easy access raw resources
Door-buffer to limit heat losses to freezer
Power is in unsecured areas
Ungodly walk distance between raw resources and the thing that needs them despite easy access
Bedrooms, kitchen, and freezer are not in the same area and this will fuck your shit up in disasters involving the great outdoors/winter
Dumping storage aren't creating buffers for gunners, no trees being planted at all
Prisoners share a room, no real mine
AC in dorm is positioned in a spot that practically guarantees it will start a fire
Wooden walls on some exteriors

Do turrets still increase raid sizes?

In previous versions I just stopped building turrets because they seemed to cause more problems then they resolve.

I think the richer your colony, the bigger are raids.

The Astartes mod isn't updated, but should still work

I always chopped my eldrich horrors, yet I have to do something to stop them from eating the meat just so they don't go crazy and kill eachother.

Could you store the food next to prisoners so they can get mad by eating the corrupted meals while making suits with horrors skin?

Well, they don't regularly cook that meat, it's a different ingredient and you get Strange Simple Meal and such recipes for them. Only way I see them eating those is out of desperation.

But considering how the prisoners actually eat the food laid on their feet and your colonists will try and drop some there, you could in theory make a stockpile set to Critical that keeps recipes made with that meat and cook for them.

Though this wouldn't really help with converting them since it lowers their mood. It'd be fun if they could be converted with religion instead.

can't you just make it without a roof and mortar them?

Well, I just don't like wasting stuff and the skin of monsters is cool.

Another question, is there a way to prevent the negative mood of underground bases? because you can't warm up the inner clears inside mountains to make a decent place to grow food and keep the people happy and nice.

Making a recommended vanilla-friendly modlist for RimWorld using forum links only for DRM Free Master Race ie: no steam workshop shit also shilling my own mods :^)

pastebin.com/TFATEFR1

bump

playing my first game now, don't have much to say but enjoying the stories.

You're not being the man mussolini knew you could be

can we talk about kill rooms/boxes?
iv'e had trouble with keeping my colonists alive mechinoids cant make it down my killing hallway but i just got wiped with 20 savages brute forcing their way threw it.

is it better to have shielded melee warriors or ranged? how do i grind up melee skill?

user, if you can why don't you update the space marines mod?

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22399.0

Pretty please.

The prime way to do it, used to be:
And then let it fill with shit. IT reduces the chances of hitting them, but that can be offset with Shooting skill.
Back when we had explosives and they only costed a bit of metal, you'd set up a corridor, fill it with explosives.
When the tribals rushed in, you'd set them off and kill 6-7 in the blast. The rest would usually runaway.

Right now, the best method I've found is to have TWO diferent killing boxes.
You set one outside, sandbags and the like for normal shootan.
If it's tribals however, you retreat back inside, let them come into your corridor of doom and they come out the other side surrounded by 15 turrets.
One neat thing to do in the corridor of doom is to carve little nests in the walls and slap turrets in there. The tribals will mellee them and it will blow up in their faces. They need rebuild afterwards and that can get expensive.

I don't have the time. Already working on two rather large mods and I have a full time job

Ok lads got any great beginner tips?
K learned the following the hard way:

I also wish i had windows

Pic related. Its how i feel whenever these wimpy fuckers break over minor stuff

Here is my first go, started with the "world builder" difficulty so wasn't too bad and didn't need to be to creative so far on raids. I think this game is hell of fucking fun I just sat at on my PC for 10 hours playing this and I haven't been able to do that with any other game in a long time. (Also I could never figure out Dwarf Fortress, after the Rimworld tutorial mission, I was ready to jump right in to this) I pirated this I'm not a shill, but I think it's might be worth buying when it's finished. I don't pre-order because I'm not from reddit. I'm going to start a new world because I missed a bunch of dropped capsules on "super fast" and I'm gonna go up in difficulty.

my biggest hiccups so far was

I just started replaying this for the first time in like a year. Playing with the Medieval Times and Rimworld: Medieval Edition mods that remove all advanced tech in the game, plus a few other mods as well. Having fun founding Jerusalem and forming the faction of Christendom. I probably shouldn't have built their bedrooms so big, but I recall people complaining about their guys whining about room quality way to much in the medieval mods.

Is there a mod that lets you have robot colonists ?

How do you order mining beyond the exposed visible layer? I can't mine stuff out of LOS. I see you have an entire hallway queued up.

Click and drag the mining designator. skip the first visible tile if you don't want to have it dug right away. Also look into the vein miner mod, it let's you click on one part of an ore vein and auto-designates the entire vein. No babysitting necessary.

mining designator?

Final tally:
3 dead
4 in hospital, 2 unable to move because no legs and one with 3 diferent infections.
The lone survivor is a guy that can only make art. He can't doctor the others to life, and even if he did, he's too busy playing chess in a recreation room that just caught on fire, fire that he can't put out.

And this was perma-death.
It feels fucking awfull, after surviving 3 years of famine, toxic fallout, the brewery constantly failling because of solar flares mid-winter and the hydroponics being botched everytime (if I had enough power, solar flare, if I didn't have enough power, blight, and half the time I didn't have the 3500 power because LMAO, NO COMPONENTS).

The only thing about this whole run that felt unfair as fuck was the lack of caravans and trade ships. They did come during the first year. I had two caravans per season. On the second year I had one caravan per season and one trade ship. Third year? Some pirate flew by and offered to sell booze and drugs (that ended up killing one guy with an heart attack and another with a failling liver).
Fucking hell, I'm ready for some mods that fix bullshit.

Forgot that I edited the caps to try and reach 50 colonists (minimum) with 75 being the soft-cap and 100 being the hardcap.

The way things are now, I'm pretty sure I would be able to reach those 50 colonists too, but I'd end up with 30 artists, 10 shitty cooks and 10 farmers.
The artists wouldn't piss me that much if they actually made me money. With the math I made, they take so fucking long to make a statue that when I finnaly sell them off, I'M LOSING MONEY because the fuckwits eat more than what they work for.

There is a mod for more trade ships appearing.

Maybe one for caravans too.

I fucking love carving shit out of already shaped mountains. Soon I will build my libraries in the roofed portions of the midsection and fill in the main entrance hall with death traps, corpses, and statues.

Strangely I've had no problem with insects, beyond a small band of them coming in from the bottom of the map, rather than from inside.

I cut the insides out of people who join but are worthless, and won't let in those that are running from threats if the prompt suggest that they're an artist of some kind.

Aren't colonist stats always somewhere between 0-8, usually around 1-5? It's extremely rare for me to get someone with 8+ shooting. I wish you could build some kind of target ranges where you could make people train their shooting skill.

Also, ALWAYS buy every single component from every single trader, unless maybe if the price is red. I do that from the beginning of the game and I still run out of components very easily.

Architect/ orders/ mine

Well, if you get insects inside it is going to be troublesome.

But pretty cool looking place, tbh. Is there a mod to smooth walls? It would be easier than mining a little extra to finish the rooms with walls.

I imagine it will be, yeah.

I remember ESM had a "smooth walls" mod, but none of his stuff has been moved up from a14. Other than that I know of none.

There's a mod for shooting ranges and practice dummies, for melee. Pretty handy, and not OP. Takes a good amount of time to get them to a competent level, so it's mostly handy for getting your scrubs to fight decently.

What's your favorite biome to embark in? I like going to a desert or arid shrubland and having all the colonists wear cowboy hats and dusters (preferably made of human leather) and having a nice Wild West sorta town. Making most of the buildings out of wood, building a saloon, that sorta thing. And that whole main street thing you see in Wild West movies.

opps

I love the idea of cargo pods, but moving bases is still such a pain over long distances. How Hard would it be for someone with zero coding experience to add a new type of pod that cant hold people but in return has something like 10x the capacity of a normal pod?

just enjoy the story. in (hollywood) movies it always has a happy ending. yours did not. so fucking what. next run you will have more skill.

found it myself finally…

architect->orders->mining->"now has a box tool"

the fuck

1 little rocket launcher = unfightable forest fire.

That's why you dig a moat

Because I'm busy modding Freespace 2 and hitting the gym.
I don't recall putting any scripts in the mod, it's just adding weapons/armor, so it should work without any update, regardless if the game complains.

*sigh*
I won't make any promises, but I'll give it a look this week.

There are potentially a few changes to the how the game parses the xml fields for apparel. But it should be incredibly simple to update.

are those still fucking uncraftable?

They are. But you need metal.
If you start in a plains map (didn't want to deal with bugs, turns out they can infest a 5x5 mountain anyway) you get a very, VERY low ammount of metal.
Saw someone smelting a steel slag.
10 metal. 10 fucking metal.
Maybe mechanoid machining gives me more, but with no traders (and lots of shit that requires metal to be built) components are rarely a focus since I tend to buy them anyway.
Or I would buy them if I had SOME FUCKING CARAVANS.

I wish components weren't needed for FUCKING EVERYTHING

Just think about it.
Geothermal engine costs 400 metal and 8 components.
That's actually 600 metal right there.
And then some fucked head goes and screw up, wasting 150 metal and 4 components, woops, I mean he burned up 250 FUCKING METAL.

you only need to make that once, it's advanced tech and you better make sure your best man is on the job, so it gets done right.

So, I'm still crazy new to this game. But I played through the 3 basic scenarios best I could.
Kinda disappointing how retarded building next to water is, basically fucked myself.

How come? Water is great for slowing down mechs and tribals, plus no cover.

Usually if you build next to water in something like WC3 or AoE you don't need to defend that side (except from boats I guess, that are always shit compared to defense) but in this game they run down your coast line in the shallows and break shit. Even my friendly visitors tried to enter my encampment from the water 90% of the time passing the 3 main gates to get there.

Is that colonist black?

Al Bundy

Past artists were so good. I wonder how those paintings looked new, though.

Can anyone magnet link the torrent for the latest rimworld?

That looks dope. What mod?

How the fuck do I make these dumbfucks clean shit?

And I mean consistently, not just right clicking to prioritize

manual job priorities, smaller home zone, less higher priority jobs for the cleaner
iirc

Mod? A lot of them. You can do the same for yourself too though, without anything beyond wall torches, better pathfinding, and that pathfinding designator tool. Oh, and that realistic darkness one for the shadow curves I suppose.

I can't sell these things as fast as they're born; the caravans don't come fast enough and don't have the money. I prioritize selling the females first to keep population growth down but it just isn't enough.

Make 2 animal zones 1 for the females and one for the males/ slaughter them all

theoretically you should make a trip to the nearest friendly settlement to sell them. but i haven't yet done that.

Question: Is it ok to put two air conditioners in a room wall. One with venting cold into the room the other venting heat. If they are both set at 21 it should protect you during summer and winter? Most people seem to use heaters.. so I dunno

They're for cooling, they're absolutely shit for heating.

i'm not saying yoru wrong but the they seemed to heat ok for me. none of the youtube videos i watched every uses it though. – fun fact, in asia and russia air conditioner units do heating and cooling in one unit, that was quite a shocked to me being born and raised in the states.

I have a thick roof in the middle of a field that crushes anyone who tries to remove it and drops more rubble on them. I cannot rezone it cleared or uncleared either.wtf

Build a supporting pillar (wall) next to the rubble. It's collapsing because there is nothing supporting the roof.

I'm supposed to hold up the sky that is falling?
lol

It's a mountain ceiling.

New thread when?

Now.