Ace Attorney Online thread

Holla Forums server is up, Come with us and try to solve a mystery from irrelevant clues as an Ace Attorney, or call the defendant a retard as a smug prosecutor, or try to keep it together as a witness, or dole out penalties as a judge in hopes of keeping the courtroom from descending into memes and bullshit theories.

docs.google.com/document/d/1_rZhy-LiMrssUpp3Pf8Zwz5ia2CY1VTkulXKYwkAJVU/edit

Right now all you need to download is "FULL DOWNLOAD" so enjoy it, you usually need to download a bunch of shit

docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw/edit

Holla Forums server is "Attorney Online Vidya", Let's keep it going a bit more

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1n9wdt_WCdW07CaBTcTc_zfq_6HrV41Xw6PqnyOuYqGg/edit#
docs.google.com/document/d/1L5_gD2dGqRWnD7zI5gkKxw19Z7xKxKsVZ6HcQWaNwmg/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1ck75tolz32gwt5fiIQTS7ZFsARsULGH31-darUsquYE
twitch.tv/lawfuldickish
docs.google.com/document/d/1xS3fDlctfSaCUX-IFGRXOuz0wreHG9DG0oF5KcnOx10/edit#
docs.google.com/document/d/1Pv2gsvT5UtiD3l7aExQMBrSX-qh5lLImUb-LXGGTPf0/edit#
docs.google.com/document/d/1cEUE86NCKFFibYRInRXZOA0TbR4JGv3aXIfwTqWYuzs/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/10dld6UaWwNVvFlYt3fGhobCThJKpl7SNgyG9EUz-T6k/
docs.google.com/document/d/1EPZjMr6HBOonvrNl-d5GTsrLIrSPua8I1BugyBe_fwE/edit?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/0BzsqOzBQdxBKVER2dGdoWDUyNjA/view
youtube.com/watch?v=x8sj_pkwbNc
attorneyonlinevidya.wikia.com/wiki/Role_Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1Zxnwhl5d0cP2PZn12T8jcIkfs7-p49eYgIJqv2zEhZA/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1B0x_NHJJSKm_feezzkfWCsQ3unTAI-JTXJSlQ8K0P80/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1hD8sKXG9_kcGkqPzd55XvEVxU7onRiFRMIoGMkb1aWQ/edit#
mega.nz/#!fBtUEQqA!BlpDa6nwQtqZCJyPfw4HRKVefQVtZykIX913wGHE1PQ
docs.google.com/document/d/1UdQOegcjhWNgR2qg5RZA9DsmlP2JztGIh_5HAsQzJJ8/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1L0M3Gf-FRptoReD0u-1BO7r-F4NeeGPgoAOWD4EGvws/edit#
docs.google.com/document/d/1uedI7VMAufMDM6PxZCHafq26tZp6W1h0c29WjducEGc/edit#heading=h.nzd0ltkf9l3p
docs.google.com/document/d/1LCTCJULWDNy0v3c-kwjtPqdN8hFhkgx6zxwPmK4dPNY/edit#heading=h.cd53bbchihor
docs.google.com/document/d/1MxAF6h-QC39bUcBw7OzE9EU1KBCs9tOoMGmEsY3DGMY/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is gud game

Kay a cute

I SAID TWICE NEXT OP ALL YOU NEED ISNT JUST FULL DOWNLOAD ANYMORE, GET NEW YEARS UPDATE AND SHIEEEET

Payne best girl

Link to the doc? i wanna read that shit.

yeah i lied

This sounds fucking incredible

Larry can't catch a break.

Because his head is fuck up

Q…!

Did the master serb just crash as well?

I did not expect that case to crash so hard it'd kill the server. Even though I don't think anyone here had any involvement, I probably shouldn't have posted that doc.

Ya' know anyone who mentions your forced meme is going to be subject for a bannu, right?

Yeah its probably not your fault specifically, but please don't post docs unless they're locked in the future.

Fuck, I should have caught the hints when both The King and Simon were spamming that shit whenever he showed. Either they were multiclienting, or they were in on it from the beginning. In fact, they didn't seem to crash the case until AFTER the prosecution dismissed Q.

Live and learn, I suppose. I deleted the post the moment someone mentioned it in chat, but of course it doesn't disappear client side unless the page for the thread is refreshed.

Shit happens man. I doubt it was posting the doc that attracted it after all Simon and the judge were signed up before that.
At least that wonderful train wreck ended.

Still, the defense could have had a last minute asspull to turn it around if the case weren't crashed so hard the server died. I just want to have a good case.

Sad thing is those fucking assholes will probably just come back tomorrow with different names… I'm tired, Holla Forums…

ServerAnon !!iGdeg7l3B6D
Apologies for that, bit late now but they are banned.

(case?)

Can I rp as a pony

To note, i asked for the doc because i thought it was a finished case that i missed, since i can't check in with the client today.

I thought i would be pretty obvious someone would bomb it if it wasn't.

Still part of the blame is mine for asking for it, so i apologize.

Area 2 is currently building. Come on in friends.

where my Yuropoor bros at

fine

FINE

I know something that can cheer you up user, it's right in the middle of my legs.

I know, it's one of the most poorly put together games I can think of, but it is a lot of FUN!

Well user, it doesn't help that most of the music files are uncompressed as all hell and is at least 2GB.

How's progress on Attorney Online 2.0? Are you using that client already?

Yeah, Ibuki from dangit ronpaul is in the game.

They are rewritting it from scratch because current code is a buggy mess.
So no.

dude
shoes
lmao

WE GIVE UP

I can't believe shoes killed our entire defense bench. I was so confused why Kazuma was bringing it up. I was trying to figure out what everyone was talking about, then I couldn't wrap my head around the case anymore.

Got a doc to the case? Sounds like fun.

"The new update is ready, sorry about the delay.

docs.google.com/document/d/1n9wdt_WCdW07CaBTcTc_zfq_6HrV41Xw6PqnyOuYqGg/edit#

Included in the "Other" section is a link that will replace older characters with compressed versions, it wont effect quality, it will help with file size.

There will also be a new rule in regards to content addition, it will be in effect going forward.

Any content submitted must be reasonably compressed, if you're uploading a full raw gif or mp3 with an excessive filesize then it won't be added to the update."

Will you update the full client with the compressed characters? Will you also fix the interface glitches with displayed items size bigger than 100% from the control panel options?

Now you understand the sheer destruction of tunnel vision.

docs.google.com/document/d/1L5_gD2dGqRWnD7zI5gkKxw19Z7xKxKsVZ6HcQWaNwmg/edit?usp=sharing
Have fun.

Wow, they haven't done much to fix Hajime. The super's all have the same name and the icons look like shit, so I'm switching back to the custom fix user posted a few threads back.

I'm not serveranon. Hence the quotation marks.

Anyone working on a new case?

Area 2 has one but I'm in the middle of spectating a case.

ebin

New update

wew

Marvin "Fat Fuck" Grossberg pointing out the key evidence at the end, with apollo still giving up

At least we got a couple fresh memes from that case.

Excuse me but I'm retarded, where's the torrent for the full game? GDrive is being a nigger and stops the download halfway

use jdownloader

I'm using DownThemAll which is supposed to do the same thing, no?

jdownloader supports interrupted downloads but i don't know bout that

it's not that it gets interrupted, it just finishes like it's completed but at only 2.35GB or so instead of the regular 3.8

Tunnelvision has fucked every defense I've supported or witnessed against.
It's the worst.

There seems to be a shit ton of new shitty DAs out there. I've been destroying them as prosecution.

Come join us for a Military Tribunal in Courtroom 4! We're still open for witnesses and stenos.

Nigga I don't know anything about military politics

Neither do I! But who says it needs to be accurate?

meanwhile in military tribunal

hlep

Good case

Post case?

The Japs were plotting to eradicate the Jews all along.

docs.google.com/document/d/1ck75tolz32gwt5fiIQTS7ZFsARsULGH31-darUsquYE

game in area 3 is about to start, just need a couple of morons more

this seems fun, downloadn

checked

trips confirm i will have fun i guess

Every area is building and there is not enough people in the server.

We have gone full fucking circle.

How the fuck do I spectate?!

1. download game
2. join serb, select any character right after
3. check the ooc panel where the cases are happening (courtrooms with more than 10 people)
4. doubleclick that Courtroom in particular, in the bottom right menu
5. write ((case?)) in the top left chat window

alternatively you can go here twitch.tv/lawfuldickish

sometimes it streams cases

bump

Where do you anons get all that AO fan art?

user… it's not what you're thinking of.

That was generally speaking, but why not and share your best.

docs.google.com/document/d/1xS3fDlctfSaCUX-IFGRXOuz0wreHG9DG0oF5KcnOx10/edit#

Holy god this was painful.

oops docs.google.com/document/d/1Pv2gsvT5UtiD3l7aExQMBrSX-qh5lLImUb-LXGGTPf0/edit#

I wasn't able to catch anything anybody said to their own bench, I had to steno so hard since people were talking at a lightning pace.

Jesus Christ, Horace.
How did you even manage that?

I had to stop spinning one of my revolvers.

any entertaining cases that were saved? I used to watch a couple of these a few months ago, but haven't had the time to watch any others until now.

Damn almost forgot the best part

holy shit. this entire case.
I don't even know what to say

i was Sissel
i hate everything
all i feel is pain

I was gonna watch the last two episodes of Big O when the case ended at 6. It's 8:30.

lel was not prepared at all sorry area 2.

Maybe this game isn't for me.

This is the problem with the free form aspect of this game. You can do literally anything, which means a lot of times, it can be shit.

Excuse me. It was a technical manual for the operation of industrial meat grinders AND a small industrial furnace as installed in the meat packing factory it was found on.

AO, everyone.

I was the one who stenoed that shit and I don't regret any second of it.

I also stenoed that shit and I don't regret anything.

wheres the vid that contains the "DUDE HOPE LMAO" case?

There's been an idea going around that is trying to get the case to be far more intuitive and fun for everyone.

Firstly, the detective role. If everyone is familiar with it, then we all know that the role is literally just repeating the evidence that has been stated and giving the defense bench ammo for asspull.

Not only that, evidence has become more and more wordy and complicated and the addition of asspulls only add to the complication.

To solve this, what if, instead, evidence is listed purely by name? Later on, detective would be the one to add on to the evidence(with the exception of autopsy report, murder weapon, and crime scene setting.)

Why do this then? A lot of people have started noticing that most contradictions towards the end of the case gravitate towards intra-witness and inter-witness contradictions, with an intense amount of information overload.

Not only that, it adds a little bit of freeform to the current state of affairs since both sides will not know what to expect from the getgo.

I really feel like information overload has gotten us away from the spirit of improvs. Every witness writes what their role is going to be. All the evidence is known by everyone at the beginning of the case, testimonies go on for years (I would suggest a time limit but that wouldn't go over well). Doing this could really help us in that respect.

Also, another idea that's been going around is witnesses telling the judge which contradictions they have so that they can tell whether or not the defense or something, or penalize prosecution for MUH RELEPHANTS, or tell whens someone is really off the mark so they can penalize accordingly. A lot of judges have been extremely reluctant on handing out penalties, or too severe. Tell no one else, just the judge.

The reason for this is two-fold. One, because most of our cases basically run like pre-writtens only no one knows what the endgame is. Doing this allows at least someone other than the witness to have an idea of where the case should be heading.

That would be wonderful/closer how it actually plays out in the ace attorney games., so I don't see the harm in trying it out.

Also, the idea of getting rid of the Support role for both sides has been tossed around.

Haven't been on in a week or so, have things quickly changed to bring about this consensus since then?

It's less a consensus and more ideas being proposed by one person that some people agree on.

They've been posted in the much more volatile 4chan thead as well.

If something like this were to be implemented, it should probably be restricted to one room, instead of the whole server.

The ideas are meant to rethink how we approach cases.

At the very least, I'd like to see docs that get rid of the Support Roles on both benches. I and the 3 other people I've talked with on AO agree that Support benches are mostly unnecessary.

I've been working on a hardcore Maritime Law case, creating my own Logbook entries, emergency dispatch transcriptions, even looking for real accident report templates on the internet,do you think people will be interested or do you think it'll be too extreme for everyone?

Not only that,
the support bench removal is to encourage newcomers to take up a more proactive role instead of idling as a support.

This is not a consensus, rather a formal discussion that we had about the state of the game as we know it.

The people that everyone bitches about whenever they fuck up in the middle of a trial and call "MEME TRIAL" and then everyone goes full retard?

I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about. Most cases I've been in where I keep having to /getarea just to find out whether or not they're even in, is what I mean by idling. Those you met are most likely case crashers, and probably should be reported to the mod.

Also, support position is not the only one doing this. I'd say witnesses are more guilty of doing this moreso than supports.

To be perfectly honest, another reason for removal of support is because some supports who are more keen on voicing their opinion may add too much to the already hectic court and talk over each other way too much. It's a fun role, but most always try to become Lead #3 and it gets grating fast. Especially for a 3 prosecution bench if all 3 are going the red elephants route.

I ate two words in that so I will rephrase:
Removing support will just make more newcomers get bigger roles.
And everytime some newcomer fucks up and they admit to it, then all the witness/leads go full meme since "the case went to shit".
It's tiring, and most of the recent trials are shit like that, where a newcomer fucks up and then everyone decides to act like retards.

And the "3 Leads" issue should be handled by the judge, but most of them are not willing to set up order in the courtroom. The problem is, no roles have any HARD rules and guidelines. Sure, there are the guides on the wiki, and shit, but they do not clarify what are your duties and your objective.
The 3 Leads issue also comes down whenever someone goes on a big Objection, with everyone talking at the same time and nobody understanding what the others mean since you can't write the 4 paragraphs of explanation you want in the middle of a "rapid fire argument".
Basically, the issue comes to CE and objecting not having a real structure, and roles not having… Roles in a clear and defined way.

The other issue I find, is that the game takes the idea of Witness in the most stupid way possible. "The defense has the right to a witness" it's not something ever said in the AA games or in real life, at least not in the way it's done in AO.
Outside of the detective, you need a REASON to call up another witness. The defense must prove that the information available is contradicting, hence the requirement of a witness testimony to clear up what happened. The other option, is convincing the judge that there is enough blanks in the information to require further exploration of options, as long as it can be proved someone else is involved in the case who hasn't testified yet.
Also, whoever calls up the witness is responsible for their testimony. I hate that everytime the witness (called BY the defense) acts like a retard and/or lies, the prosecution is penalized. They are not really their witness, since there are NO RULES or COMMUNICATION between the prosecution and the witnesses.

And lastly… There needs a way for the sides to communicate, outside the game client. The defense bench needs to be able to talk theories and contradictions, and the prosecution needs to handle witnesses in a constructive way. You can't just call up a witness whose testimony doesn't have anything to do with the case.

The problem is that the concept of Supports is flawed to begin with. I have no idea where the idea that Supports is for new players meme came in but having played since last January the only reason Supports exist is because we needed to trim the fat from 6 people on each bench to 3. And now we need to trim the fat again.

Having been in a few recent cases I can tell you that there should definitely never be more than 2 prosecutors ever, (for me, even 2 is a stretch). And the support Defense often is just "the back-up" for when one of the other two finally falls asleep.

He should but he has no tools to. "But the penalties!" you say, as the entire peanut gallery bitches and hopes for the Judge to defend himself in OOC so they can blacklist that person for ending the case early. There is no possible way for Judge to make everyone happy and besides that, Judge has no real power anyways. Nothing is stopping both benches from just muting him and going on their merry way having arguments over nothing.

New people learn more from tutorial cases and just doing it than they do from sitting back and watching, which is what the Support role basically is when it gets down to it. Sitting back and watching. At its worse, an experience player takes the Support role because he doesn't want to do anything important but he stills wants to shout about Red Elephants at the Defense, who can barely explain themselves before the Prosecution throws a full page pre-written rebuttal at them. The court is hectic enough as it is, whey do we need 6 people screaming at each other, plus a Witness that's just trying to get a word in?

Also the rest of your post reeks of "How to spot a Prosecution main."

The defense never needs to affirm their right to a witness because the prosecution has never been a verdict seeking faggot who somehow thinks that WITNESSES WHO BACK UP THEIR CASE are bad.

Stopped reading there, you're retarded.

I agree with most of what you say, just we are from different perspectives.

I don't main really, I just fill up spots. I just salty that all the way witnesses are handled put the pro side in charge of a wildcard constantly. And whenever the pro's start defending the wit, most witnesses either start putting their feet in their mouths, or going full "yeh, i lied".
Maybe I just end up in shit trials constantly, so if you think I'm biased just ignore my idiocy.

This is why I'd like for something like:

It might work, if the wit can be subtle and not retarded. And if it's played correctly, and standing their ground instead of swapping out the contradiction.
And if contradictions are guaranteed, then the defnese can't just press everything for 1-2 hours, since now the wit has a reason for multiple testimonies, justifying his contradiction and "digging up his own hole" more and more.

Just as a recap these are the ideas I'm proposing.
Switch to a format of 3v2, 2v2, or 2v1, Defense vs. Prosecution respectively
Don't describe evidence at all before the case. Let the Detective be the one to provide the case with descriptions. Also, potentially getting rid of Witness profiles.

And, this idea is specifically for the more structured kind of Improvs we have right now:
Make it so that right before, and only right before, the Witness comes up to the stand, the Witness tells the Judge what his contradiction is, and tells the Prosecution what his testimony is.

I should mention, in regards to the earlier suggestions in order to make the cases more like last January, I'm not entirely sure what it was that made cases then so much fun, so unpredictable, and oftentimes 4 hours max. But I would like to try and bring that spirit back somewhat.

the role is obviously filler, but I think it should simply be made """optional""" like third witness.

My main issue is experienced people taking the role, again, specifically support Prosecution, and then you have 3 people on the Pros side slinging memes at the Defense nearly everytime they smash that motherfucking Objection button, and 1 person on Defense who's either completely useless or carrying the case because the Lead should have gotten a Guilty a long time ago.

.bmp

Here's the first run of doing a case where the Detective describes most of the evidence from scratch.

Ended in a Guilty but it didn't crash on Detective so I think that's progress.

What I've found is that it feels mostly like a normal case, so in the end it will probably just be a matter of preference thing.

docs.google.com/document/d/1cEUE86NCKFFibYRInRXZOA0TbR4JGv3aXIfwTqWYuzs/edit?usp=sharing

I'm fine with that.

Update out.
docs.google.com/document/d/10dld6UaWwNVvFlYt3fGhobCThJKpl7SNgyG9EUz-T6k/

wew

but then

wew

Reminder that this is canon Athena

It's a comfy kind of case, all things considered. Prosecution was a bit lax, and didn't try to put words into the wit's mouth, but oh well. Barok was supposed to be co before both his lead and support bailed.

bamp

Well that was retarded

Here's the doc for this one. Defense tried to indict the entire MLB and got an instant guilty from the judge.
docs.google.com/document/d/1EPZjMr6HBOonvrNl-d5GTsrLIrSPua8I1BugyBe_fwE/edit?usp=sharing

The download page says there's a torrent for the game but I don't see a link for it. I tried downloading it from the google drive but it stopped at 3GB. Anyone knows if the torrent link is updated and if it is where is it?

Most i talked to seem to get bullied into Wit and end up getting indicted by having contradictions they didn't even know they had.

Mostly because everyone wanna sit on the benches, so you get full support/prosecution for like 2 hours before a Detective and Witnesses show up.

And people wonder why we dread cases involving certain characters.

Is there a way to join as just a spectator? I have no clue whatsoever about how this could work and I am afraid of fucking other people's game up but it sounds hilarious to watch.

Download the client and just watch. The default role is spectator, you have to actively sign up to participate.

The city of Turnabout, WA. is sorely disappointed.

Trusting Spark was your first mistake.

Is the server still pretty active?
I know there are people from 4chan there who say they've been around for around a year, but did the population decrease?

Yeah there's regular cases, server has been up since at least Dec 2015, there's still regulars from that time that case.

who's planning a case anytime soon?

I had a Australia day case planned yesterday but the case that was running went on for too long. If I'm able to get some people on for it I'll still play it. Even if it's already late.

we need a steno and a second witness in courtroom 1, any takers?

Lynneposters are a fucking blight on society and need to be nuked off the face of this planet

how many of you niggers playing today?
who's creative enough to make a case?

Hey, we should get some songs from the SNATCHER OST.

There's some great tunes here, I was thinking about doing a strawpol, but I think they only allow one song at a time, and there's just so much good stuff here.

(This channel has all the music from the game)

I've been woken up

This whole case, this whole fucking case…

I'm working on a non russian ponyfucker AAO. Coming never.

We are currently building a Hell's Kitchen case in Area 1, feel free to join in.

Also, I updated the game recently and it removed my Dangan character patches that somebody on here made for me, if somebody has the patches could you post them ITT?

There's a patch to remove dangans?

No, the latest update fixes some of the ini's, but Komaeda's sprite list is still invisible and Hajime's Awakened sprites all have the same name. A guy on here fixed these issues but it was never in an official patch.

Took Chilli Mac screencaps, but I never saved them. The screenshot tool I use has the option to upload them to postimage.org, and I hadn't saved them up until now. They're out of order.

Huh, thought I had more.

This game looks pretty neat.
Torrent?

I also have caps from the cuck porn case. I don't think I've posted all of these but I def. posted a few of them.

No torrent, just a DD. Pretend that there was a torrent without any seeders. drive.google.com/file/d/0BzsqOzBQdxBKVER2dGdoWDUyNjA/view

I've got caps of my latest case too.

youtube.com/watch?v=x8sj_pkwbNc
Case theme

I'd like to think I added to the chaos that was the cuck porn case, as I was the one who suggested that Komaeda's anal virginity might have been taken
I also suggested that the knife was a gift

Lastly, some misc. caps that I either don't remember the cases for, or are from cases with so few other screencaps that it's pointless to have it in its own folder.

I can handle weeb art, honest I can. I played through Gunvolt and damn that game had some weeb art. I cannot for the life of me get into Dangit Ron Paul, the art is so garbage.

…ok?
the image i posted was relating to a case though.

And I was Komaeda, looking forward to tearing up another case with insanity

We're building a case based off of the TV show BG The Island, feel free to join in since we need people.

Shieeeet, server is dead. Just as we were about to begin.

Your vastus medialis?

Anybody up for a case tonight?

We have a case up at Area 3 that needs wits and detective, feel free to come!

So how would one go about getting in on this action?

Protip: Don't mention that you're new, just play

If you do badly, you may even become a meme and get a laugh. If you do bad as a new player the elite will get salty and there'll be no fun

Stick to co/support bench roles until you get an idea of how things work.
When you're ready take your hand at a more important role.
Defense is all about bluffing and finding contradictions.
Prosecution is all about irrelevance and bullying the defense.
Detective is all about setting up the crime and being the one to talk about the crime as if his word is god.
Witness is all about setting up the events at the crime.
As a detective or a witness always prepare to be indicted and if you need help with your testimony your prosecutor should be able to help you out. Nobody knows it but one of the prosecutor's jobs is to help that out.
Lastly, do not be Sal and drop out of the case if you fuck up. Once you're signed up expect to be there for at least 8 hours so only case if you have the time.
Remember that this is improv, if you fuck up just roll with it. Everyone else will most likely unless it's that damaging and remember to have fun.

I WAS ONE OF THEM, MR KRABS

I WAS ONE OF THE JERKEES

Does anybody have any screenshots from that spongebob case? Meme history right there.

We need people for a case in area 4, almost all the spots are open so come in and grab them while you can!

I'm talking about the Larry case. There was a spongebob case?

Dream case casts, go

I am gay. Accept me……….

Downloading now.

Question. How much lurking is needed to participate?

Is there also someone who has to write scenarios? I have a specific autism for writing stupid ass shit

It's recommended that you read the guides before you actually join in IMHO.

attorneyonlinevidya.wikia.com/wiki/Role_Guides

Other then that, we mostly just write the outline of the case and put the evidence on the doc. Outside of that it's mostly improv.

Aight. Good stuff. Connected to server now, but no one is playing. Empty server or is my client fucked?

You're at about the time where everything is fucking dead. Timezones are bullshit like that.

Wait about 4 hours and you might be able to see some activity, I can't join in because AAO doesn't work on XP and will have to wait until tommorow.

Aight thx fam. I'll sit tight and spectate for a few times and get to learn all this memery

Anyone have the doc for the case where Phoenix got a triple indictment in a hot dog-related case handy?

docs.google.com/document/d/1Zxnwhl5d0cP2PZn12T8jcIkfs7-p49eYgIJqv2zEhZA/edit?usp=sharing

Any cases planned for today? Had so much fun the last time

There's one filling roles right now.

Every time I open up the game it seems like there isn't much opportunity to get into a case, mainly only spectate if they're near the start of the case. Only one case I spectated seemed to flow all that fast and progress past one person on the witness stand (though maybe I just had bad luck). I generally have time available to participate in one of these cases but there never seems to be much opportunity to. Any tips to trying to get a role in a case before everyone else has already taken everything up themselves? I'm looking more to be the defense or prosecution than being a judge or a witness.

Do case documents get released somewhere that I should know about so I can read bits & pieces, and volunteer early?

Trial by fire. Pick lead def blindly and ask your bench for tips.

Anyone who says "new players can only pick co and support roles" is a gay who should be shoved into an electric chair and executed.

New players should only pick co and support roles

Now I'm not a Gay that should be shoved into an electric chair and executed due to wording.

So what sort of case building is going on today?

We have a church case going on right now. We just need people really. Second witness spot is still open, but both benches also have slots. Come join.

From ServerAnon:
There's now a "Wanted Board" in the main doc, like a bounty board.
Submit any suggestions to the modification of existing content that you cannot personally fix yourself, as well as the inclusion of AA content that has not been added yet. An example would be calling attention to errors with a character’s animation, music that may not loop properly, or missing characters and emotes.

docs.google.com/document/d/1B0x_NHJJSKm_feezzkfWCsQ3unTAI-JTXJSlQ8K0P80/edit

docs.google.com/document/d/1hD8sKXG9_kcGkqPzd55XvEVxU7onRiFRMIoGMkb1aWQ/edit#

Purseowner Investigations case

Thanks for the fun 4/vg/ but I think I've done enough.

So any good cases happen lately?

A few, one of them being the Persona AAI mentioned above.

This is the real crime here.

That Yakuza case was great!

O-Okay.

While we're stuck being frozen forever, can anyone help me?
Whenever I or someone else uses an emote of any relatively large filesize, my client wigs out and hangs mid-sentence, causing sentences that would end in 3 seconds to end in 15 instead. It's like a more advanced version of long pre-animation lag only it applies to the talking animations as well.
Whenever said large image files are used, AO decides to eat 40% more of my CPU than usual.

Were you the Matt Engarde I encountered the other time? I'm still looking into the issue yet I'm not sure what caused it since I've asked people who have potatoes for computers and yet they don't run into these kinds of problems.

Yep.

I'd like a list of your computer specifications.
Also, I want to know specific emotes which cause this problem(can be any, but should be the worst offender). Knowing the minimum filesize for the emotes that are causing you lag is also appreciated.

I've got a dual-core processor but I'm running on a x86 OS with the basic installation of Windows 7, no updates no ever.
These problems started to occur after the Romantic update, with no hiccups beforehand since I started playing back in december.
Anything over 100 KB just fucks my shit up.

Update: Server is no longer kill.

Do you happen to be free at the moment? I'm in the basement.

I do appreciate the help. It looks like it's just a problem on my end– one of those "Works on my machine" type problems.

AO 2.1 is now out:
mega.nz/#!fBtUEQqA!BlpDa6nwQtqZCJyPfw4HRKVefQVtZykIX913wGHE1PQ

Use your old base file from the full download, or just unzip over your current one and simply replace the bass.dll.
A lot of client improvements has been made. Enjoy.

Are you a dev?

I am not. I'm actually just a regular user and this person.
I am also not a mod. I'm merely a correspondent considering the mods do not usually update over in this thread(or forgot about us).

AO2.1.6 (or 7 at this point I don't know) is out to fix everything again apparently.
docs.google.com/document/d/1UdQOegcjhWNgR2qg5RZA9DsmlP2JztGIh_5HAsQzJJ8/edit

I need sleep holy fuck I'm a lot worse off than I thought.

When did we start using actual crazy real-life lawyer tactics for fun

We are going pretty far here

Since we played AA for the first time.

docs.google.com/document/d/1L0M3Gf-FRptoReD0u-1BO7r-F4NeeGPgoAOWD4EGvws/edit#
New update out, mistahs!

Man I remember winning a case on the misspelling of a single letter of a Temple's law scrolls within the court documents.

Asspulled yelling to get it cleared up by the detective, who then rules in my favor. Proved that the witness was acting out of accordance with the teachings he said he abided by. In turn shook his alibi among other things.

Good times.

Man what a case. Who else enjoyed the ride of that last one?

Fun case in area 2

THE ADACHI RUSE CRUISE NEVER ENDS!

Area 2 currently building for a LAIN case

Palaeno, Angel, and Simon #2 were all from a case about a rooftop murder committed by the deranged fan-boy of a washed-up or sold-out superhero.
The judge is from the case with the legendary ESL Diego and it got canned right before he outright won the case.

I think that Kay is memeKay and was the steno for the rooftop case? Could have been a different one but it seems familiar.

was the Prosecution support in the rooftop case

It's going to collapse in on itself and become a mindfuck clusterschwing until everyone starts chanting 'LET'S ALL LOVE LAIN'. Calling it now.

The Lain case is the best case I've had in a while.
docs.google.com/document/d/1uedI7VMAufMDM6PxZCHafq26tZp6W1h0c29WjducEGc/edit#heading=h.nzd0ltkf9l3p
It went from lackluster to fucking amazing towards the end with all the gimmicks done right.

Geg here , I had a fun time.

I was Ryu. Thanks for the fun case! I didn't regret writing that case now.

It was a mess to get started since nobody understood what SE:L was, but once it did, It ended up as one of my favourite thus far.

I suppose I ought to post the doc since I've had it open forever.

docs.google.com/document/d/1LCTCJULWDNy0v3c-kwjtPqdN8hFhkgx6zxwPmK4dPNY/edit#heading=h.cd53bbchihor

Comfy little AAI with a good JR.
docs.google.com/document/d/1MxAF6h-QC39bUcBw7OzE9EU1KBCs9tOoMGmEsY3DGMY/edit?usp=sharing

I'm okay with this.

This fucking Ranma case man.