Franchises you'd like to see on NX

Since the Switch is being unveiled soon, which Franchises, besides the usual Ports, Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, Waifu Emblem, Splatoon would you like to see on Nintendo Switch? How much would you consider paying for it, if at all? What would make you not buying it at all? Have you decided?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3c6MWsEE884
archive.fo/2p7rx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

$300 - $400 depending on launch lineup. Good lineup I'd be willing to pay more. If it looks like it's gonna be WiiU again, money willingness drops.
Probably not gonna buy it for a while, in any case, to wait to see how much of that publishers list actually has an effect.
also I want Style Savvy to get a console release.

what do you think of the new makeover of the switch controller?

How would you get monsters without a disk drive? Or does the Switch have a disk drive? I honestly haven't paid that much attention.

Will this replace the 3DS? Nintendo does this thing where they try to pretend like the old hardware isnt about to go obsolete, but it does.

Well the portable games had several ways to get new monsters. Mostly from drawing things and yelling at your DS.

So I figure maybe something similar.

Last I saw they were talking carts

the last statement i heard, is that Nintendo will continue to support the 3DS, because the 3DS is still popular, especialy in japan. probably depends on how well the switch sold.

Those alternative methods kind of suck though in comparison.

You know damn well what we want to see OP

Yah, but what I mean is they say that every time.

True. Does the switch have a camera? Maybe taking pictures or something.

A Home Alone NES port for the Switch?

Did you not just photoshop the logo onto some generic third-party controller?

the switch does not have a camera, though. in any case, Tecmo Koei hasn't released a monster rancher,i consider it unlikely.

If it has a camera, scanning bar codes of random shit would work nicely, but that might be patented by that other shitty monster thing from years ago.

GTA? I dunno, Jewstar and Nintendo have never seen eye-to-eye.

youtube.com/watch?v=3c6MWsEE884
here's the trailer, they show it in

wasn't there a huge fiasco in the N64 days between them? not sure at all.

Nintendo will keep the 3DS alive until the Switch is stable just in case it goes Wii U again. If nobody buys the thing they need a platform out there to put stuff out on. They did the same thing with the GBA when the DS came out. But the GBA was pretty much dead once the DS came out.

pic related, no camera on the unit at all.

I'd say F-zero online would be ideal for Switch. Motion controls to tilt the weight of your vehicle aside I think a focus on online and offline multiplayer would be F-zero's greatest innovation. Switch to LAN for local multiplayer for up to 16 players (up to 8 systems and two per system). Then plug in your ethernet to race online on the big screen. Throw in a stunt mode to see who can race for the most points (as opposed to racing to 1st place) and a dirby mode (destroy the other vehicles last man standing is the winner) and done.

I kind of want a balloon fight gMe, but at the same time it'd make me sad

Who cares? What has a camera ever been used for on a game system? We've all got smartphones for that.

Sure there isn't a front-facing one in that thing that also is supposed to act like a sensor bar?

People are saying that a camera could be used to scan barcodes to generate monsters for a new Monster Rancher.

yeah, no gimmicky AR games or any other camera functionality this time, folks

also, that second thumbstick looks incredibly uncomfortable to use

I'll likely have to import a Switch to get it un-shit version, but good thing I know Nipponese

I'd like Sm4sh++ and Mario Kart 8.whatever to come out within the first month.
I want to see they port Picross E, Fast Racing NEO, Mario Maker and a few other small or indie games to it.
As far as big franchises go I want to see a Mario game with 3D World's graphics and 64/Sunshine's hub-level layout. I can't think of much else, so I'm just waiting to see what they reveal in the presentation.
Only Zelda I played was Link's Awakening. It was good
£250 should be a sweet spot. £300 was the Wii U's launch price if I remember correctly.
I'll give it a bit. Buying a console on launch is a bad idea, so give it a little time to mature. If it turns out great I'll buy it roughly a month after it's out.

Just stick to pure handhelds, Nintendo.
Can this bomb as bad as the WiiU?

i guess we'll find out soon enough :^)

McDonalds

I'd like to see Retro get to work on Metroid Prime again. It's rumored that they've been given the green light to develop their own IP, will be interesting to see what they come up with.
Never going to happen, and who knows if they even have any more good games in them, but it would be cool to see the staffs of Goldeneye or Perfect Dark get together to do another FPS in that vein.
In general I would like to see Nintendo contract or buy up more third parties to develop exclusives to increase the system's variety and create potential new franchises.
Mario Maker was a good idea, a smart way to exploit the autism of the romhacking/fangame scene. More Makers like Zelda Maker would be interesting to see.
Monster Hunter is certainly coming. Never played one, might just give it a shot.

You mean this thing? That's an ambient light sensor for dimming the display. It's confirmed in the patents.

I think it's less "3DS is our backup plan" and more "we can still milk this thing for another year or two while we get the Switch Mini and the next Pokemon and Animal Crossing ready"

I wonder how well the motion controls are gonna work with this thing. The Wii U gamepad was a full pound, the Switch is supposedly less than half a pound. I hope the Pro controller has some heft to it.

Agreed. Really hoping they offer alternative joycons with wider spacing, otherwise I'm only using this in docked mode.

Advance wars and battalion wars brought back.

Wouldn't a lighter controller be easier to use for motion controls. As for how the controls would work in F-zero I think it's as simple as tilting the joycon in the direction you want to shift your weight and physics take care of the rest for turns and stunts (either with the whole controller or one joycon if they have Wii motion plus built in).

what are your ACTUAL expectations for tomorrow?

Oh the stream is tomorrow what time is it at?

Nothing because those old franchises will be ruin with..

None of them, fuck that glorified Vita.

I don't want anything to happen so I don't need a reason to get the thing

A new Metroid would be enough for me provided it was good. I have a Wii for the Prime Trilogy exclusively so I'd probably buy a used system and that game alone.

Nothing is going to make me buy it, but a Metroid game on par with the Prime series or a 2D entry will at least make me jealous of Switch owners.

Two Worlds and Wasteland?

More Nexon games with microtransactions where you need to purchase NX.

This question was answered long before the Switch was revealed. archive.fo/2p7rx

Alright Nintendo, this is your goddamn chance.
You've wowed normalfags with your shiny new console, people are talking about you frequently again.
Tomorrow is your chance. Don't fuck this up and you'll be back in the game.
Don't fuck this shit up.

Was it the Japanese or English stream that said certain games are intended for mature audiences?

Honestly, I'd like to see all those games on my computer.

I'm not sure. It might be easier, or it might make it feel too sensitive. All I know is that the Wii U gamepad felt really nice, and this doesn't look anywhere near as comfortable.
Pro controller looks decent but I get the feel motion controls will cause more strain on the wrists with a "tight" controller like that vs. the very wide setup of the Wii U gamepad. If anyone has played Kid Icarus on the 3DS, please tell me how that felt.

11PM EST
Also the next day there's an early morning Treehouse stream where they will show the games off in more depth, followed by an event where journos and certain members of the public were invited to play Switch games for a few hours, so we will learn a lot from those as well. Buckle up.
In particular, I know that some players from competitive Splatoon teams got invites, so that strongly suggests they have a new Splatoon ready.

Thank you for your contribution.

A new Metroid game.

(Checked)
You realise that's the Switch's pro controller.

i might get a NX if i move in with somebody who loves the nintendo penis
splatoon 2 is a definite must
but overall the wii u was extremely underwhelming, especially with XCX's meme-tier localization (idgaf about tit slider being removed) and #FE being literally raped

Probably will be $250 with a pack-in, though $200 is still possible. The Tegra Shield Tablet is $200, after all. I think it would sell out fast at $200, will sell a lot slower at $250.
BotW is definitely a launch title, but probably not a pack-in unless they have nothing else really solid for launch.
Hoping and half-expecting Spla2n to be a launch title and possible pack-in. The number of Wii U's it sold way after everyone thought the Wii U was doomed speaks for itself. But it could also release in May like the original Splatoon did, as launching an online-focused game right before summer vacation was a smart idea to give kids a lot of time to get into it and convince their friends to buy copies.
Mario Kart, having split screen support, more casual online play, none of Splatoon's summer theme to base marketing around, and obviously being a more recognizable franchise, might be the smartest initial pack-in.
The new Mario won't be a launch title, will come out a few months down the line to give Zelda space.

Those are the only Switch titles we've seen so far, but clearly they have been holding back a lot of games previously intended for the Wii U to build for a strong launch, so I think we will be a few surprises tomorrow, like whatever Retro Studios has been working on.

I gave conservative estimates there, assuming that they're trying to space out their titles to maximize game purchases and keep the system in the news as long as possible. However, it's also possible that they will do the opposite and launch with a bunch of solid games to ensure that it will sell out and generate a lot of hype. Like, I'm probably not going to purchase one until Splatoon comes out, but I'd buy a Switch day one if it was a launch title. Other people feel the same way about BotW, or Smash. If they launched with all of those games, they would easily sell out of the 2 or 3 million consoles they apparently have for the initial shipment to the Americas, which would get them in the news and give confidence to third party devs.

Apart from the games, I don't expect to learn a whole lot that we don't already know from the patents. We'll learn the screen resolution, but not the detailed specs. We'll get a (probably disappointing) battery life estimate. We might learn that it's region free. That's about it.

they could probably make a new splatoon solely with all the content they had in splatoon but didn't make accessible

Depending on what happens to Smash, I might even get a job to buy this shit,

I haven't played KI:U since I upgraded to my new 3DS XL (found a Hyrule themed one for cheap, don't judge). I had the original aqua 3DS and that made my hands cramp a bit with the stand. I also have big hands too. I should replay it on the XL sometime if the stand still works. The aiming was fine if you can get used to swipping your screen like spinning a globe.

I can see what you mean with the bigger gamepad. But for alot of others I talked to they would have preferred a lighter gamepad overall. I'd also would like a sensitivity option for motion controls with the F-Zero game. For some reason I keep hearing "F-Zero Mass Shift" as a title.

just get a sony machine and play disgaea 5
sheesh

nigga the new 3DS was a vast improvement
for one thing it made 3D actually doable

I'm sure they already have more than enough content to fill a new Splatoon, especially since they will trickle it out slowly like they did with the original (though probably not as slowly, since the lack of maps early on was a common criticism). Delaying it from the system's launch would be mostly for marketing reasons.
The only exception would be the campaign. No idea what they have planned for that, but since it all has to be available at launch, they might be scrambling to fit as much in as possible.
I could also see them going with a more "episodal" or event-based single player campaign that would not require as much content up-front, but honestly single player is not the game's strong suit and it works best as a short tutorial to get people used to the controls, so either way I hope they don't spend too much effort on it.

I think I misunderstood how Kid Icarus controls, I'm not seeing any examples of gyro controls out there.