Oi m8

Games with good Britbong localizations.

man, I wish we had more britbong localizations.

it's refreshing to hear something that's NOT troy baker.

Fucking Xenoblade Chronicles.
I fucking hated the voices but once I got 2 hours in I loved them

Not Dragon Quest 8, that's for sure

I rather enjoyed Xenoblade's dub too, but NoE made a good call in providing both an English dub as well as the original Japanese dub.

Troy's a good VA, the problem is the Devs only want him to use his main voice. Same problem with Nolan North.

What about steve blum?

I can't think of a time I've heard Steve Blum use his non-default voice. With Troy I can point to Valvatorez in Disgaea 4, Shinnok in MKX, the Joker in Arkham Origins off the top of my head. Got any examples for Blum?

I have to say, it's a bit funny that out of all the big name voices that they could be using, the one Namco has been the most prone to using with Tales has been Jamieson Price, probably the one guy I never get tired of hearing. Johnny Yong Bosh? Only has a major role in two games, and even then only once as a protagonist. Yuri Lowenthal? One game. Troy Baker? One game, and that was among his earlier vidya roles too (funnily enough, I remember back when Xillia came out in the west, some people thought that they'd brought Baker back for Alvin, and it turned out to be Matthew Mercer instead). Price though has been brought in at least three times, twice to voice antagonists (Largo the Black Lion and Duke Pantarei) and once for a party member (Malik Caesars).

That's how Mercer got his start in VA, replacing Troy Baker when he got too big for smaller Jap games. He gets so close to Baker's voice it's difficult to tell unless you know to listen for it. Hell, I think the only role I've seen Troy reprise from his old days is Snow since SE can pay up. Mercer's only now really starting to get roles on his own merit other than Troy emulation, and he's showing a decent amount of range.

To be honest, the only time I had actually heard Mercer prior to Xillia was in There Will Be Brawl, and that wasn't just voicing, but character too (being live action). I do hope that ultimately he can build more of his own repertoire though. I suppose for most voice actors, being pigeonholed into a single voice sucks, more-so if that voice is just you coming close to someone else's voice.

British voices are trash for DQ. In fact dubs should be illegal anyway. Learn nip or gtfo.

I am just so glad they let you have the JPN audio. This game would have been unplayable in britbong dubs.

It's a shame that they ruined Xenoblade X totally. The whole game was americanized from New LA to rock music and US flag on their spaceship. Then the censoring and no Japanese dub, the ((localisation)) instead of translation they localized doll into skell. Otherwise it is a solid JRPG

Off the top of my head

British Gex was soooooooo much better than American Gex, Dana Gould is not funny.

The city was called neo LA in the japanese version and the flag was in there to.

Not in vidya, but Leron from Gurren Lagann and Guilmon from Digimon. He also uses a more pissed-off/evil/filtered version of his normal voice as the final boss of Wonderful 101, but I can't think of much else either.

Conkers doesn't count because it's native to Bongland. It wasn't previously Japanese or Burger English.

Agreed. Danny-John Jules is funnier, more-restrained, and definitely easier on the ears.

These are good choices too.

He does a damn good job, actually. Go watch him GM for Critical Role, he does a LOT of surprising range. It's still really easy to tell which one is him, for obvious reasons, but between Mercer and Baker I'd go with mercer.

Also doesn't hurt that Mercer's the kind of guy that gives a LOT more fucks about what he's voicing than Baker does.

Dude's cool

FF12 was a burger localization.

Surprised no one's posted Souls games. Tons of former BBC radio and theater actors, my personal favorite being Peter Marinker as Kaathe

Yeah, that seemed pretty noticeable with his role as Ganondorf in TWBB, not only doing a fitting voice, but acting the role well on the whole as well (though, I would assume he of course felt compelled to do a really good job with that, since he was also the director of the project anyhow).