Sonic Comics

What did you think of the OCs?

Attached: 1346367656845.png (612x1050, 769.38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

furaffinity.net/user/knotholeteam/
archived.moe/vg/thread/249497704/#249545184The
archived.moe/vg/thread/249546683/Funny
youtube.com/watch?v=fGDojEyA9dc
tapas.io/series/Sonic-Shards/infoSonic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think they are great. In the design department, I fondly admire just how many of them are extensive and ambitious at breaking the limitations imposed by the games's counterpart. They have charming designs that bring a huge contrasting refreshment to the usual design you expected from the game characters, and have further assigned the unique identity of Archie Sonic.In the characterization department, however, I can't say just the same. Simply put, about 90% of them are severely underdeveloped and weak, and none much of the writers sadly seemed to have cared to bring them to a upper adequate level of characterization and nuance. That said, that won't stop me from loving them.My favorites out of the giant cast are Elias, Larry Lynx and Rotor.

Attached: freedom_fighters_by_nextgrandcross_d3krlaz.png (5901x1432, 2.91M)

Most of them sucked and ironically the sheer volume meant almost none of them got the screentime they needed. Even "main characters" like Bunnie and Antoine only got a smattering of stories over 20 years.

>>116811794>In the design department, I fondly admire just how many of them are extensive and ambitious at breaking the limitations imposed by the games's counterpart.Pretty sure that was artists being lazy.

Why is Flynn so uncreative?

>>116814047Because he's more of a fan than a writer.Got any actually good questions?

>>116814020I don't think all of them were, but definitely, I can see some of them were. For example, whoever designed Forty Fathom Freedom Fighters at the instance really was having a severe bad case of procrastination (despite their group name sounding rather cool). I still stand by what said, in any case.

Attached: 1496694383.jayaxer_sonic131frontispiecefinal.jpg (1183x582, 534.14K)

>>116814157>ImplyingThey were made into regular animals on purpose. That was the joke. Also most of the Archie cast wasn't "designed" so much as described in a script and (for the first few years) loosely scribbled on fax paper thumbnails. The artists drew them on the spot.

>>116811292Just how may fucking OCs did archie have anyway?

I wish they focused more on Amy.

>>116814846About 300.Most appeared maybe 10 times total.

>>116811292Scourge is a good example of the evil twin trope. Something so obvious you can't not just go full camp with it.

>>116814020>Pretty sure that was artists being lazyMore like they where ignorant.You gotta remember, until Spaz showed up on the scene, there wasn't a thing such as "professional Sonic artist". Nobody knew how the fuck to draw these dudes because they never bothered playing the games...and why would they. Most of the Archie artists where either cape has-beens, furries or gag artists just looking for a check. The most they ever researched for the game characters was whatever material SoA gave them to promote the latest game (e.g, Sonic CD, S3&K, Triple Trouble, Chaoitx, etc). Also, when people say that the Archie artist always went off model, they're kinda wrong. They WHERE on model....to SatAM, which the comic was mostly based off.

>>116816531>You gotta remember, until Spaz showed up on the scene, there wasn't a thing such as "professional Sonic artist".There were plenty, they just weren't fanboys. There's no sense shitting on pencillers like Scott Shaw, who actually had to figure out how to make all these character designs come together in a visually coherent comic book.Also, Spaz was a pinup artist/character designer, not a penciller. He was terrible at actually drawing comics and was able to get a few stories out there purely on the merit of his attention to detail and fairly strong rendering skills.

>>116811794This reads like a Rotorfag post.It is you, innit Rots?

>>116814203That's news to me. I didn't know they are the way they are out of a simple joke, wow. I should have twink twice, and decided to exemplify Tommy Turtle.Still, how do you explain the Downunda FFs? Were they just a joke, too? They debuted in the same side-series as the Forty Fathom ones, and I should mention the latter has made one or two more comebacks.>the Archie cast wasn't "designed" so much as described in a script and (for the first few years) loosely scribbled on fax paper thumbnails. The artists drew them on the spot.While I can concede this point (as well even agree), this doesn't still defeat my stand. I wasn't implying they were made competently and with effort (if I did, then I would take it back). What I want to express specifically is the certainly intriguing (perhaps my meaning of "intricate" might differ from yours) designs, that many of Archie characters had, were fundamental to make themselves memorable to readers, as well benefiting to establish the uniqueness of Archie Sonic. That's what I like about them, and how makes me wish they had more deserving participation and spotlight than any amount they ever received. Once again, yes, most designs weren't made with effort, but they still inevitably brought more nuanced fruit to the comic series and its creative brand.>>116817355N-n-no.Yes, hehe. How did you know?

Attached: back_atcha__feat__sonic__by_edtropolis_d41prtl.png (791x1441, 1.92M)

>>116815254Fleetway is really good or bad for Amy depending on how you look at it. I think it's easily the best depiction she's had, but it is pretty divorced from all her other iterations so it might not be that appealing to a fan of how Amy is now.And on the topic of Fleetway, Shortfuse and Tekno are real neat - Shorty's probably one of my favourite Sonic characters.

>>116818941Iron man squirrel is based

Attached: shortfuse.jpg (240x329, 21.4K)

>>116818485The fact that you use paragraphs, punctuation, and have a somewhat more eloquent manner of post. Also the fact that this isn't my first Sonicthread and you stick out a mile even when you don't post various images of Rotor.You're also the only poster I know to list Rotor as among your favourites, given most people's view of him is... unfavourable, given most of his screen/panel time was basically game Tails but as a walrus.

>>116819274I see, and it's certainly kind of you to say I'm somewhat more eloquent, so thank you.In my experience, finding more folks who expresses they like and/or love Rotor is definitely not common, albeit neither rare. Barring this, it seems to me Rotor is remembered the most as that gay one, then express it as they are pleasant or surprised to know.Still, I'm aware he has got some unfavorable view. The criticism of Rotor not at all common to acquire its agency and never receiving anything like characterization and stories for the sake of fulfilling his weak unfulfilled personality is valid and agreeable, but part of folks (not you, of course!) that use superficial cookie-cutter complaints such as "useless because Tails fills his role" are both fragile to stand at their own, and easy to counterpoint. I have always loved Rotor, but I meet the franchise firsthand by the games, and much, much later, comics secondhand, and being truthful, I can never find myself understanding of theses who dismiss Rotor automatically only for that his role (which matter a lot more than the sufficient for them somehow) was taken, despite such minuscule issue being able to be circumvented and solved in mere seconds.I don't mean to make myself as a feverish fanboy to you, on the contrary. The said criticism is fully agreeable, and he does has indeed a (sadly) understandable unfavorable view, but some that do simply prefer to hate him for no reason, hiding themselves behind as many unintelligible and biased excuses as possible.I like Rotor, almost for the same reason I like many other Archie characters: because they are cool-looking, and hold lots of potential you can (properly, obviously) unleash of them.

Attached: tell_jokes_by_edtropolis_d8v5xdh.png (814x1405, 1.63M)

>>116820584One day you'll learn how to explain yourself without writing an essay.

>>116819076The only Fleetway guy I want jumping into the games...okay bring Tekno along too

>>116820637Perhaps one day you can learn how to criticize someone in a way that doesn't befit a Twitter post.

>>116819274Obviously not Rotorfag but Rotor's one of my favourites alongside Big and Shortfuse. It was the 12th episode of the cartoon and a huge bias for pinnipeds that really got me endeared on him, shame that show was just the Sonic and Sally show outside of one or two episodes.Fun to note that I think said episode is also the only time we've ever seen him with ears.

Attached: 1584628668683.png (294x318, 145.93K)

>>116821480I get so many positive goosebumps anytime I meet yet another Rotor fan. I have yet to read Fleetway, but your selection of favorites is just splendid and I agree! I read your entire post with a huge smile like a stupid bastard.>It was the 12th episode of the cartoonI don't quite recall the entirety of this episode, but I do have some sharp memories of watching Harmonic Sonic (8th), which that's one of the few times Rotor is allowed more of screentime for him, and if my memories doesn't fool me, that's when I also was deeply endearing of him as a kid. In fact, so much that he was a big part on helping me read thoroughly the entire of (pre-boot) Archie continuity. And definitely, indeed, I can share the unfortunate sentiment (here's hoping the Sea3on will remedy this completely).Despite not allocating much of biologic knowledge of them, pinnipeds are certainly my favorite animal natural group, with walrus being my favorite sole animal. I also really like manatees, seals, just about every animal that takes the form of a pinniped. They are also so big and cute! Think Rotor has pushed me to earn this preference, hehe.>said episode is also the only time we've ever seen him with earsI remember many minuscule details of Rotor, but somehow, this has slipped off my mind until now. Wow, and I also forgot just how much more adorable he can be with theses ears. I loved them, and I profoundly wish they would carry over to the comics.Speaking about this, in Sonic Super Special 14#, you can glimpse another batch of visible Rotor's ears in this edition.

Attached: cap_Sonic SatAM - S01 E13 - Heads Or Tails (720p WebRip)_00_05_46_01.png (960x720, 492.61K)

>>116818941What about Johnny and Porky?

>>116821031That's nice. Writing five paragraphs to say one thing is still bad.

>>116814846>>116815313Just an addendum: quite a majority of theses characters were made by Penders. Echidnas, namely.Discounting every character nade by him, the total quantity would decrease sharply to roughly 100 to 150.

Attached: 30.jpg (658x1024, 357.75K)

>>116822460I'm glad my simple little post could make you so happy friend.>in Sonic Super Special 14#, you can glimpse another batch of visible Rotor's earsNeat to know, thanks. I think I'll avoid seeing for myself though, don't want to subject myself to the art in that story haha.>>116823085Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention but neither one really stood out to me. The idea behind Porker being too sensitive and traumatised to stay as part of the team was a neat idea, but they didn't do enough with it and it just kind of pushed him too far away from the main stage to get the chances for that followup development he needed. As for Johnny, I'm sorry to say that I straight up can't remember anything he did beyond his last appearance - which isn't exactly the most flattering to be remembered for.

Attached: 1583844832644.png (854x666, 1.5M)

Attached: scratch_and_grounder_by_splendidland_d9jhorq.png (890x753, 43.99K)

>>116824420>I'm glad my simple little post could make you so happy friend.You did, and oh, so much! Especially with that so cutesy picture of yours. Just out of curiosity, which specific design of Rotor do you like the most? Being truthful, reminding myself that I'm the only one who's a true fan of him can harm my heart, sometimes.I'm always fond and excited to meet new bud-buddies full of joy from loving Rotor just as much as I do. Thanks, it was really marvelous to have meet you, hehe!>don't want to subject myself to the art in that story haha.Ah, I forgot the art, yes. Definitely, the art could have been a lot better, so I can see why would you walk away from it.

Attached: 1446341643.thefatpanda_image.jpg (1022x1280, 163.32K)

Attached: page1.jpg (1240x1754, 641.64K)

>>116829784Glad I read the Martin Adams novels, means I get references like this page

Too many character with not enough effort into making me care about them. Penders was really guilty of this, but Bollers, Flynn, and Mike also had some OC's that really didn't leave that much of an impact. Also, was it me, or did Mike really want the DownUnda FFs to catch on? They were used a lot and kinda shilled in the Endgame arc.

>>116830086>Also, was it me, or did Mike really want the DownUnda FFs to catch on? They were used a lot and kinda shilled in the Endgame arc.Most definitely. I felt this impression too, as they were gifted stories more often than any other Archie character.Though theses said stories were directionless and went to nowhere, I will say I admire Gallagher's efforts to bring back his own group of FFs for more appearances than only their debut, meaning he showed some care for them. The Arctic FFs, in other hand, were created by Angelo, but fell into obscurity past their debut story, until they finally made appearances starting with Bollers and continuing with Ian. Interestingly enough, Gallagher was thoughtful enough to use Angelo's few characters for his Rotor solo story.

Attached: Ed0P6I6U0AAdl9K-orig.png (1280x720, 815.47K)

>>116829784So I don't get this: In the original STC issues, Porker & Lewis where basically just the critters from the games, but after the time travel, suddenly they're jacket sporting furries.Now this comic states that they've always been anthros? I don't get it. Did Porker & Lewis went from critters to anthros because of the time travel or was it just a retcon cuz Sonic wouldn't look cool fighting alongside cutesy animals?

>>116811292I always liked the core FF above all else because they're great supporting cast for Sonic to bounce off, though there are some notable exceptions (Scourge, Elias, Enerjak, Monkey Khan, Larry, Ninja Spiders, The Egg Bosses).But everyone else was kinda useless filler for Pender's Ep1C LOREE!!1! & just crowded the background.I mean it's unreasonable to expect all your cast to be epic badass heroes; you need supporting cast, villains & even bit players to make a world engaging. But while the others often made it "look" like Mobius was this huge place, it was mostly a superficial illusion.Had every bit player had some little tiny thing interesting about them (like mah boy Larry Lynx, the Super Jynx), then maybe most Archie OCs wouldn't be so useless

>>116831670More like StC writers didn't give a shit about the franchise and used it as a stepping stone to write for 2000 AD.

>>116811292Scourge, Fiona Fox (sort of), Shard and Battle Lord Kukku XV were damn good characters and I still hate how they got Pendered. Shard's personality has returned somewhat in IDW's version but all his backstory is gone and his relationship to the cast is far less interesting too.

>>116828394>Just out of curiosity, which specific design of Rotor do you like the most?This one, even if it's unofficial. It's the right mix of his chill original design with the Adventure aesthetic.>>116831670>Now this comic states that they've always been anthros?Says right there that it's a fan comic, user. The actual comic most likely just had their designs updated to stand out from generic background characters.>>116831869Larry was fun. Bad luck's always a neat weird little power to have and seeing the little dork pop off for causing mild inconveniences is adorable.

Attached: 1575590314176.png (481x675, 335.25K)

>>116830673>Sonic, my breast is not THAT big>Shut up Sally, I'm creating!

Attached: 1460101932.raccoonshinobi_sonicsquareenixausamples.png (2513x1114, 1.41M)

>>116830086Yeah, but at least the stories tended to be fun.

Hey, have you guys checked this?furaffinity.net/user/knotholeteam/

Attached: 1596027517.knotholeteam_robotropolis-final_tweaks-2_final_rsz.jpg (1280x796, 162.95K)

>>116821008>TeknoShe a cute!

Attached: Tekno water gun.jpg (294x423, 108.89K)

>>116831912>More like StC writers didn't give a shit about the franchise and used it as a stepping stone to write for 2000 AD.Hah! There isn't really much difference between StC & Archie, is there?>>116836901I did, but doesn't really say much about the project: Is this a comic, a fan cartoon, video game assets? There ain't much outside a few designs. Too much tell, not enough show. Post an example of the project before posting more character designs.Also, I get that SatAM has a dull, dark atmosphere, but personally I feel there is a bit much desaturation on the colors. More color on the main characters help them stand out against the back drop.I DO like the Sally design though; she's a cute.

Attached: [email protected] (560x600, 68.75K)

>>116831912Weren't they already writing for 2000AD?

>>116811292I like them all.>>116811794I think in the later years a lot of them had a lot of work put in to their characterization. It's a shame they all went straight in the trash>>116814846It's the longest running licensed comic in history. Of course there are a lot of OCs.

>>116816531>Most of the Archie artists where either cape has-beens, furries or gag artists just looking for a check. And Penders was an ex-Trek comic writer, which I think explains a lot about where he wanted to steer the comics

>>116816938Was Scott the professional superhero comic artist Archie got who managed to be one of the worst artists the comic had?

>>116837719No, that's Ron Lim.

>>116837422>Hah! There isn't really much difference between StC & Archie, is there?>>Except StC gets a pass because it's not American.

Attached: freedom_fighters_christmas_eve_by_finikart_ddmxktu-fullview.jpg (1600x1020, 282.52K)

>>116811292Better than SEGA's own, but that stands to reason since Archie's take on all of SEGA's characters is better than SEGA's own to begin with.

>>116821008 #Don't forget Dalek Metal Sonics!

Attached: metallix.jpg (723x952, 204.75K)

>>116839232Even if Sega were open to canon transplants, they'd never allow this.They're really adamant about there being only 1 Metal Sonic.

>>116839293Which is so stupid. What has Metal even done to justify being the headlining and only Sonic robot? I wouldn't exactly count turning into a silly roaring dragon in Heroes as a positive.

>>116839340>IDW finally gets Neo Metal to go super.>Turns to a goofy dragon yet again a few pages later.

Seriously though, why does Sega love Metal Sonic so much and yet waste him at every opportunity? At best he gets to be a skin for a vs. mode, or a one-off "Remember this?" reference to CD. Yes Sega, I remember Sonic CD. Maybe do something with the character now.

Hey, look whats canon again.

Attached: 1597082636832.jpg (1024x1024, 95.18K)

>>116839826Yeah sorry, Knuckles' hat ain't never coming back thanks to Kenny-boy. Good fan render though.

>>116839886Get your mug for the Penders tears now.

Attached: 1597077095523.jpg (1920x1080, 205.37K)

>>116839912...my god. They actually did it.

Attached: 1592147151633.gif (500x341, 985.7K)

>>116839826>>116839912

Attached: 1517095651257.png (238x181, 6.69K)

>>116839826>>116839886What's his problem with the hat?

>>116840066Penders thinks he owns it, despite it appearing in the OVA.

>>116840066Ken Penders basically coopted the design when he turned Knuckles into his OC donut steel. For a long time the hat was out of bounds (allegedly) in Sega mandates. Historically, they've just given the guy a wide berth because he's been the cause of a lot of headaches.

>>116839912Here's hoping he's actually mad about it. I'm more concerned he's just going to take it as some kind of homage, like anybody wants to remember his comics.

>>116811292I don't mind them.I prefer them well-written obviously.As long as the creator doesn't somehow insist that their OC should be accepted and treated as Canon by all and every other fan, it's no skin off my back.

>>116811292As an outsider opinion I always thought the designs looked a little too "busy" but they look very 90s so I like them on that end.

>>116823137>HURRR TOO MUCH TEXTHoly shit, I feel the average atention span in this site lowers every day

Attached: humangarbage.jpg (400x400, 159.76K)

>>116831926>FionaCommit immediate suicide. The Kukku weren't Pendered either, they all appeared post-reboot.

>>116839912>DashI thought the main Sonic mobile game was the Forces tie-in.How many active mobile games does Sonic have?

>>116841407To be fair, rotorfag rambles on and on in his posts. If he were actually speaking, I would assume he liked the sound of his own voice.

>>116826735These guys appearing again in the softboot was one of Archie's best moments.

Attached: breezie-cover.png (1200x1900, 2.33M)

>>116838973Despite all the differences between all of the various incarnations of Sonic adaptations, there is one thing that binds them all:They're ALL better than SEGA's version, by a long shot.>>116839232Look, as much as I like the prospect of fighting a whole bunch of Metal Sonics surrounding a Metal Sonic Kai, that's all I'm really interested in the Metallix. Dalek Metal Sonic doesn't do it for me and the whole story line demands a dark foreboding atmosphere & we just got through that with Forces (and by proxy Flyyn's trash on IDW). So hard pass on thatMaybe this will be novel for Classic Sonic instead.>>116839293That being said, you can loophole The Brotherhood of Metallix into the games, as long as you make it clear that main guy in charge is THE Original Metal Sonic &everyone else is a cheap copy.>>116839340>>116839463>>116839592Ok, so you know how annoying it is for Adventurefags to prop up Shadow because so cool & edgy?Metal Sonic is like that for ClassicFags (and by proxy, every other gamer not born in the 90s). People like him because he's cool & edgy looking & he fights Sonic.Metal has a one up on Shad with boomers & normies cuz unlike Edgy boi, Metal doesn't need a complex backstory. He's an evil robot Sonic. some may say that makes him one note, but others will say it makes him more consistent.How do you fix him? Simple: Stop treating him like a disposable tool & treat him like a recurring threat. Give him a personality. NO, I don't mean make the central point of a game where he gets a character arc that makes him all sympathetic and shit. Or a game where he becomes an all powerful dank lord.Just let him actually BE "evil robot Sonic".>>116839826Boco! You actually brought good news for once!!!The Hat is restored!! Good has triumphed over Evil!!!

>>116841669Even just showing up more consistently as a midboss would be a nice change for Metal Sonic. Doubly so if you aren't racing him. I hate that was what he was about in CD. Feels like a waste to not directly attack him.For the record, I'm fine with him being the central villain of a game. I don't mind a transformation even, as long as it fucking LOOKS like him. This thing was head and shoulders above that stupid eldritch dragon thing. But you're right, he doesn't need a character arc. He can just be bad. Another thing Heroes did wrong was try to make him tragic. He doesn't need any of that. Just make him straight up a robot programmed to fight, and he doesn't even need to usurp Eggman, since that's been done to hell and back too.

Attached: 1575573227190.jpg (966x720, 123.07K)

>>116839826>Mobileshit refernces thing>ItS CaNoN!!!11!Jesus fucking Christ, a reference is just a reference.

>>116842025It's shocking it got in the door at all.>>116841481It said "coming to Forces" down in the corner too. My guess is because Dash is essentially the same game, just more primitive. And because of that, it's compatible because it uses the same or similar engine.He's got about 3+ games right now, but Sonic Runners was shut down, I know.

Attached: rotorandbunnie_by_girlsandbots_dbcognp.jpg (2600x1916, 725.71K)

>>116836901Looks surprisingly interesting, if a little too bleak on the colours.

>>116839826So is the Penders curse finally over?

>>116843749We're at the "Other Shoe" phase atm. This is new information, and we'll just have to wait until somebody checks Penders' reaction to it.

>>116841407There's a difference between "please only type one sentence" and "don't write an entire essay for a simple idea."

>>116843749Iizuka is still "no fun allowed" and won't ever reference anything fun under his watch. I hope you like Classic Sonic, Green Hill and Wisps. Maybe he'll even bring Zavok back again, I know you're holding your breath for that one.

Attached: 1574062838752.png (568x331, 210.57K)

>>116843749Penders was never the reason why the hat was banned, Sega just didn't want Archie to do any OVA references, which didn't sop the occasional small cameo.Penders only wants you to think he was the reason to make himself seem more important.

Attached: CN6LMlxWgAA6V2H.jpg (944x905, 171.49K)

>>116837422I absolutely love she now looks much more like a tomboy.As she should.

Attached: k9zdoyxpd4i11.jpg (1080x1072, 87.23K)

Attached: on_ice_by_finikart_daqb62u-fullview.jpg (1023x773, 176.37K)

>>116824384I'm gonna start telling girls I think they rule in the biggest way.

>>116843749>is the Penders curse finally over?Not until Shade, one of the few good things, if not the only good thing, to come out of Chronicles, returns.

>>116847695>Discount Julie-Su a good thingNah, she deserves to remain in the garbage with the rest of that shit game.

>>116847867>Discount Julie-Sut. Penderfag

>>116847695>>116847867Chronicles really might be the worst sonic game out there. It's just so dreadfully fucking boring. 06 is awful but at least the superspeed segments are fun and you can laugh at the rest of the game.

>>116848202Having a plot so bad that it's funny doesn't make it good, nor does it make it a better game - it makes it shit.

>>116847695>Man of Tastes enter the thread

Attached: tumblr_417eab6de4d41703a6e992b617ec35f9_d076e842_400.png (400x445, 272.95K)

>>116848202I think both are equally horrible, but for different reasons.Let's be honest, how many people were actually expecting Chronicles to be a great game, heck, even a good one? Compare that to 2006.Personally, even for a Julie-Su Knock-Off, I did like Shade better, she was more appealing to me...

>>116848259It makes it a more bearable kind of shit. Still fucking awful though.>>116848372Like I said, there was actually a bit of hype for it. At least among people who followed the series. It was being made by bioware! (We found out later it was by some B team made up of new hires). I wasnt even familiar with bioware myself at the time and just heard of their reputation from other people, but hearing the game would have action commands like the mario rpgs made me open minded regarding its potential. Too bad it was shit.

>>116848315Isn't this from the based artist that makes a shit ton of Shadow+Tikal art?

>>116848605Sure it had a bit of hype, the kind you would expect from the facts you already pointed out. However, there were still lots of people who took the game with a grain of salt.Not the same as with 06, if memory serves, supposedly it was going to be game to revolutionize all Sonic games at the moment.That being said, I enjoyed Chronicles, despite all its flaws. I liked they tried to connect the story to Sonic Battle (maybe my favourite spin-off genre Sonic game), but I really wish they would have done a far, far, faaar better job at it.

>>116848879Heads up, I'm not saying Chronicles nor 06 are good, I just enjoyed Chronicles, but that doesn't make it a good game

>>116848724>Shadow+TikalBased indeed.

>>116817355>>116819274>>116820637>>116823137Stop bullying Rotorfag, he’s a good boy.

Attached: F5BEF50E-7F2F-4D1E-9B9B-568E64C6C13E.jpg (960x960, 132.24K)

>>116848879Funny, I remember 06 drawing more skepticism but maybe that's just cause it drew a lot more attention in general. The adventure games and ports were popular, but heroes and shadow were controversial at best and that had soured quite a few people on the series and new sonic team already.

>>116833296I see! You have picked a fan depiction, so I would assume you would officially be loving of either Scott's or (early) Mawhinney's Rotor. Regardless, I'm certainly agreeable of your pointing with his laid-back attitude, which that has been always the trademark of him (and definitely, I agree this proto-Uekawa artstyle is just radical and wonderful enough to lash out over Rotor and others).I have a hard time to pick a favorite for myself. I just love almost all kinds of Rotors! The legacy reversed cap and green belt must always be remembered, I'm fond of how cool and mature he looks with the addition of jacket aviator and animal fur, I think his googles self is a good and refreshing take (albeit could have been done better), and more. As far as I can decide at this instant, maybe I will go with the googles one, only for that I feel if it had gone through few more substantial changes here and there, he would end up as the definitive and greatest Rotor design.If you don't mind asking you furthermore few questions, what do you think of the whole plight of his homosexuality? Do you like the idea?>Larry was funAgreed! If you ask me, I think his overall gimmick of constant jinxing could really encourage for a whole different kind of dynamic relation he would have with others, as well introducing a compelling conflict of how he's unable to make new and maintain friends. Barring some new lore of everything about his jinxing, I'm total bummed there was never really any interest to write his overall conflict solving and character development with his jinxing, and I always thought, because of that specific incident, Rotor and Larry would make for themselves a fitting pair of friends.

Attached: lswufscqns_m.jpg (530x856, 139.63K)

Attached: 1577254181425.png (1529x928, 1.4M)

>>116849446>Heroes and ShadowThis is why I remember 06 having such great expectations. For a not small batch of the fanbase it was going to be Adventure 3, a sort of "return to the good stuff".And after its utter failure, everything went to sh*t

>>116811292Unironicaly the best thing about the comic. Fuck the Penders bashers, fuck the Bollers bashers, and fuck the Flynn bashers. And since I’m the only one in this thread who liked almost everything pre-reboot and post, fuck all y’all too.

>>116841892>Even just showing up more consistently as a midboss would be a nice change for Metal SonicHonestly, Metal's whole outlook & dynamic would change if they just bump him up into the main cast as Eggman's 2nd. Being the only other baddie other than Eggman that can take the fight to Sonic providesGranted, there are a lot of people who think that if Metal shows up, it cheapens him as a serious threat by constantly losing to Sonic.Well first off: Nobody is a threat in Sonic anymore, not gods, eggmans or hedgehogs. They're at best mild inconveniences at best. Any villain that shows up trying to be a serious threat just winds up in the garbage where they belong (e.g. Infinite, Mephiles, Dark Gaia, Storybook Villains)2nd, constantly losing never stops Ivo from coming back all the time and making bigger and b adder plans for multiversal conquest. Same with Bowser, Wily, Cortex and any other villain in fiction. More people are happy when the bad guy returns & how different their approach to fighting the hero will do the next time.When I imagine what I want for Metal, I'd picture guys like Bass, Wolf, Jetstream Sam, Gary/Blue - a 2nd in command whose asshole that could dish out the same type of damage the player is capable... as well as the same type of smacktalk. Speaking of dragons, I didn't mind the dragon transformation. It shows how far Metal was willing to go to destroy his rival as well as how far he fell into exentential insanity. I just hated how we didn't got to build up to that form by fighting Neo Metal.>>116845980Real talk, I think this is the best Sally redesign I have ever seen, and once someone takes that and "Sonic-izes" it, I think it will be more better than any of her canon looks. She just rocks that hoodie + ponytail so well.

>>116852290>y'allTumblr is that way.

>>116811292poor sally has shit choices either way, geoff’s a creep but sonic would be a literal minute man.

Attached: sally’s untold sexcapades.jpg (828x505, 208.8K)

>>116852871How young do you have to be to get triggered by y’all? Christ.

>>116852933/sthg/ had a field day with this. What the fuck was this man thinking when he made this post?

>>116841451Fiona was best girl, my man.

Attached: 5f455371fae2d52dc28baa66398d3147.jpg (480x720, 51.61K)

>>116848372>Personally, even for a Julie-Su Knock-Off, I did like Shade better, she was more appealing to me...Probably because she had more to her character then "Knuckle's Gf", and "tuff girl".

>>116853205And had a better design than "Pink Knuckles with a mop on his head".

>>116853146He's a legitimate self-unaware autist, viewing the entire world through the warped lens of a cartoon hedgehog he used to make comics about. He even did a plotline where evil Sonic fucks Bunnie while she thinks he's the real Sonic. I don't recall if she was married back then but I'm pretty sure she was. Ken clearly never had his act together nor figured out who the actual audience of his comics are.

>>116853242He thinks his audience are mature intellectuals who enjoy classic sci-fi.

>>116853178Incredible. In only 6 words you have communicated the fact you'd struggle to pour water out of a boot with the directions printed on the bottom.

>>116853178I once had the displeasure of seeing a drugged-out homeless man scooping chunks of what looked like his own faeces out of a paper cup and into his mouth. It really baffles the mind, to try and comprehend what could go so wrong in a person's life that they will willingly and happily consume rancid shit. Much less post about this fact on 4chan.

>>116853334>>116853385Struck a fucking nerve, I see.

>>116853402Well yeah, everyone and their grandma knows Thunderbolt is Best Girl

>>116853415You misspelled Jian

>trying to find a best girl among Archie Sonic OCs

Attached: images - 2020-08-11T152500.718.jpg (630x487, 23.39K)

>>116853205>>116853234Unironically this.

>>116853535> judging people using Bootleg Sonic

Attached: Sonic_loves_his_fans.jpg (217x332, 34.02K)

>>116837669>lot of them had a lot of work put in to their characterization.Assuming you're referring to Ian's reign on pre-boot continuity, I disagree, as I didn't really felt that. It was less of "work put in to their characterization", and more of "work put in using as many characters existent of the giant cast as possible, and glue them to the corners of every panel". The main problem is a lot of obscure characters, when brought back, only received this honor so to move the plot forward and appeal to referencing nostalgia, not rather because they were needed for a big part of the stories where they were the primary focus, passive of character study and development. So far, only Geoffrey, Monkey Khan, Mina and very few lucky others were the fitting examples of the latter, while everyone else was subjected to the former.The Substitute FFs were subjugated to councils with their only purpose to forward the plot, the Arctic FFs, during the (awfully misdirected) story where Rotor and Silver saves the horde at Northern Tundra, were practically useless, the FFs themselves were more often than not subjugated to shock value and rarely ever had their agency and (much urgent needed) characterization and never did much at their own, the entire arc of Scourge, where nothing much happened, was about 80% just referential material sprinkled everywhere as Scourge just kept wandering around and bragging off to others with his one-dimensional personality... and so on.Ian didn't exactly put his efforts at characterization. Rather, his efforts were spent at making sure most issues were tumultuous of many Archie characters as possible for plot's and referencing's sakes, and that has rather only harmed further the quality of the comic.>shame they all went straight in the trashRegardless our beliefs, I definitely share this sentiment wholeheartedly. It's really sad all of theses neat-looking characters were trashed, damn. I miss them...

Attached: 1475113940.raccoonshinobi_failure_to_launch.png (1000x750, 555.46K)

>>116853146>/sthg/ had a field day with this.Any archives available because that sounds hilarious

Attached: 5BD75789-B56D-4FDB-BA3B-09757739E93C.png (400x449, 324.93K)

>>116853806>Implying any Archie OC is better character than "Bootleg Sonic"

Attached: tenor (20).gif (220x259, 175.03K)

>>116853937When the bomb dropped.archived.moe/vg/thread/249497704/#249545184The thread that proceeded it.archived.moe/vg/thread/249546683/Funny stuff. I hope Penders pulls another stunt like this in the future.

>>116853234Is it bad that's her design is one of the better Knuckles OC designs?>>116853535Mina's alright, though kinda sucks her character never went beyond :"Sonic's rebound chick". But aside from Sally, Nicole, and even arguably Bunnie, most of them never had much panel time to show why we should care about them.

>>116811292I actually liked Scourge. The moment when Sonic gave him the "search your feelings, you know it to be true" speech was awesome.

>>116854115>Is it bad that's her design is one of the better Knuckles OC designs?It says a lot about how bad the other Knuckles clones are

>>116854125Eh, he'd ok if there wasn't already 3 jerky Sonics around. Shadow being the most obvious, but there's also Jet, who is green. And then there's Manic for Underground who is actual green Sonic. And they all have, or had, more character then Scourge who's whole deal is, Jerk.

>>116853242>He even did a plotline where evil Sonic fucks Bunnie while she thinks he's the real Sonic. I don't recall if she was married back then but I'm pretty sure she wasShe wasn’t. But of course you would remember it that way, Penders bashers are never good at retaining facts.

>>116854068>Penders pic on op >fastest cuck alive>it happened with Fiona too>cropped Sally 34 picsGood shit, bless you user

Attached: 56790D3B-78F2-4CF3-B289-EE82E8CD728E.gif (392x274, 1.77M)

>>116811292I actually quite liked several of the Archie OCs. I mean, admittedly, I was into Sonic in the days when there were few OCs in the games, and, frankly, I loathe *most* of the post-Sonic CD game OCs, especially the humans... but, still, I genuinely liked the ideas they had in some places, even if the execution was never 100% satisfying. Even Scourge was actually kind of a neat spin on an Evil Sonic, much better at it than Shadow, certainly.

>>116811292they're all disgusting

>>116841669Ever since I heard the theory that Metal Sonic is actually a roboticized Sonic from the bad future timeline on Little Planet that Robotnik brought into the main timeline, I've not been able to stop considering the possibilities for exploring that idea.

>>116855328>Scourge>Better than Shadow

Attached: 1592949403936.gif (267x200, 729.49K)

>>116854641>defending Ken Penders

Attached: 1593033344046.webm (960x540, 1.2M)

>>116855328The only good thing about Scourge is how much he fell flat on his face.

>>116856628>Getting annihilated by Sonics dad>Goes home and cries in Fionas lap about his daddy issuesFlynn was surprisingly based.

Attached: sthwedding.jpg (550x840, 160.29K)

>>116857987>Amy crying like a lil bitch Absolutely based

Attached: AA9AC05C-AA9C-4CD4-9EEE-AE45705F37E1.png (225x225, 101.44K)

>>116852290>Fuck the Penders bashers, fuck the Bollers bashers, and fuck the Flynn bashers.I agree.But also fuck their apologists. People should come up with their own, nuanced opinions instead of blindly praising or hating things based on names and brands.>And since I’m the only one in this thread who liked almost everything pre-reboot and post, fuck all y’all too.You have absolutely no standards.

>>116852290I think you're far from being the only one who loves almost everything of Archie Sonic, pre-reboot and soft-. So do I, seemingly some here do, and there are people outside who does as well.There are definitely enthusiastics who, nevertheless the quality, loved 95% percent of this comic book series. It's just that, I suppose, people tend to talk the most about Ian, as he's still the current Sonic writer for many years straight, and that can overshadow theses who tend to discuss about the Bollers's and Penders's run.

Attached: K43qy6t.png (768x1023, 287.96K)

>>116859589I'm pretty sure the bad art and in-fighting overshadow those two more than anything.

Attached: 1562812281881.gif (600x336, 954.87K)

Attached: 022.jpg (1498x2211, 1.03M)

>>116861812>Yellow Sonic PendantsHmmmmmm.....

>>116854641>Depending KendersDo archiefags really.

>>116859660Or theses. Actually, now that you mention them, I think I now really see what was the stance behind the person I replied too.Frankly, yeah, I can agree with that person: Archie Sonic should be never exempt of criticism and insightful analyzes at how it could have been a much better series, but unfortunately, the two things you have mentioned do tend to more than just enough really overshadow and break all and every seamless attempt to discuss about the deeds of both Bollers and (even if it just involves criticizing of everything he has done) Penders. Hell, there are many of Bollers stories worthy to check out as you read through the continuity, but they more often than not are hindered injustly by Ron Lim's pencilings, visually.

Attached: tumblr_mpwduuc8ab1re6bp0o1_1280.jpg (1280x1147, 257.94K)

>>116859589It's fine to accept everything, but you really can't just gloss over the significant change in quality from pre-Ian to after. Ian isn't perfect either mind you. But even so, early Archie is really... REALLY rough. Post gag strips anyways.

>>116861812What is this from? A fan strip? Fleetway?

>>116864259What are some arcs that Bollers is responsible for? He did "Sonic in Space," right? If so that had some interesting stuff, but all of it being cut short sucked hard.

>>116836901I did, and I'm looking forward for it. The presented re-imagining certainly sounds solid all around (really like the robians and Robotnik), but my main issue with it is the general philosophy behind Rotor's extensive design.>Rotor has received the most in terms of a redesign, which is actually pretty fitting all things considered. Rotor went through three designs over the course of SatAM and each one was different from the last so it made sense here too!Each one was indeed different from the last, but only by visual semantics. Rotor's design through the series, at most, has only gotten a different body figure, different facial features and a new color palette for his design, and for the second season, he has gotten a different color for its bandolier, new shoes and gloves, and other changes, meaning he did get designed from once to once, but only to an extent, never reaching to the status of redesign. All three Rotor designs through the SaTAM are technically different to each other, albeit fundamentally shared the same attire: bandolier, reversed cap, "raptorex legs" alike, theses fundamental visual traits in particular constitute the Rotor we all know and like.I'm not sure if I'm seeing any sense, and so, I fail to see the need to redesign Rotor completely. Granted, I do think the redesign turned out just great and really nuanced (I especially really like the extended arm glove), and I would say it does good job at furthering his personality, but the adopted philosophy behind the redesign doesn't seem well-thought out and, rather, flawed. If you decide to redesign a character for the third or fourth time for nothing other than to follow the fashion, then this is indirectly and accidentally affirming its design was never solid.Putting this aside now, like I said, I still really like the redesign, so it's all well in the end. Also, I'm fond of the bandage choice, as it reminds me Dagger strongly, so that was a neat choice.

Attached: 1596127404.knotholeteam_concept_rotor_and_antoine.png (1013x1109, 898.78K)

>>116865682Archie Sonic, issue 70, part of a secondary story. I was the one who posted it.>>116865779He was responsible for writing:>the worldwide traveling by Tails and Sonic on their Winged Victory (Tornado), plus the final destiny which involved Nate's debut and Naugus's match>the long, yet subtle side-plot of Robo-Robotnik secretly commanding his attacks at Mobius up until the awaiting pay-off reveal in 75#>not quite an arc, but the many of singular stories that loosely stringed one to another that showed the progressive, adrenaline-filled back and forth stealing and retrieval of the Sword of the Acorns, with the ending being at yet another milestone, the 100#>yet another subtle side-plot, progressing in the background, involving secondary exposition of lost realms and cities that occupied Mobius before the atomic apocalypse executed by the Xorda, which would end up being paid off in 125# (and giving initiation of a four-issue arc, Tossed in Space, which was indeed written by him)>just after this, another four-issue arc named Home starts out, involving the grand reunion and ending of Robotnik Second War>and the last, but not least, Return to Angel Island, four-issue length, involving the entire population of newly-destroyed Echidnapolis and the dingoesThat's all I can remember off the top of my head. Albeit theses were his arcs, it's important to note he would frequently switch to lighter stories to keep up the variety and refreshment, which he wrote many of them.

Attached: joshuadraws_526783186404401153_1.jpg (768x1024, 107.38K)

>>116865645There's most definitely a significant sharp increase of quality at the instance Ian came in to take the wheel, once the comic was really struggling for a short while with Penders being the only one in charge and Bollers having asked for dismissal. Granted, the said increased quality was a short effect that automatically brushed off itself once Ian began writing long drowning out arcs that went to nowhere at his own. But this is another topic to discuss, and I don't think I have ever denied it, and personally, I agree with you that Archie Sonic, starting roughly around 25 to 30#, was rather rough, solely thanks to Geoffrey needlessly buttheading his head at everywhere and there being first few forced attempts of cheap drama for the sake of more drama. The point I would like to make, is that no matter how bad or good was Archie Sonic at one once or another, I was still endearingly fond of how much of charm and unique content did the comic series provided to me (hence "nevertheless the quality"). That's partly the reason I love Archie Sonic, no matter how much do I wish that, yes, it could have been a lot better.

Attached: dbe355a8-518d-40d7-827d-fc5893b0aeb7.jpg (940x1292, 649.23K)

>>116841669>They're ALL better than SEGA's version, by a long shot.nice fucking joke

I like Sally but mostly to masturbate to her.

>>116868238t. Aaron. Have fun at your new job running ALL of SEGA's twitter.

>>116868361the side material isn't better than the actual source

>>116843749Ken couldn't and didn't "copyright" the hat design since it already came out a long time ago with the OVAs (hence the design). That was definitely speculation at best.

>>116868570It sounds like you are making some blanket assumptions there, like "people can never outdo a franchise's owner" and I hope you think long and hard about that one. Because that couldn't possibly be true.

>>116818485 Imagine feeling her furry cheeks clapping against your blue ball-shaped aas

>>116868200What’s the sauce for this?

I just realized Bunnie and Antoine are literally Rogue and Gambit

>>116868570>Imagine thinking anything Sonic is good in 2020 outside of the movie>Imagine thinking anything from SEGA is good in 2020 outside Yakuza and indie revivals

bump

OK Mutherfuckers. We talked about how much we love Sonic OCs, how we met them, how we feel about them, and whether or not we could fuck them.But if you guys really, REALLY like Sonic OCs, then riddle me this:How would you put them in the games?What would they bring ability wise? What would they bring narrative wise? Would they be playable, supporting or a boss character? What would you change about them to make them work in the SEGAverse?And because this shit would make any Holla Forums autist throw out spasms, let's toss in IDW, the movie & whatever the fuck cartoon Sonic will star in next time (cuz of course he is) so you can have the option to protect SEGASonic's pure viriginity.

>>116873478>How would you put them in the games?Why would we want to ruin the games even more, user?

Attached: 1596667348174.gif (320x240, 1.83M)

>>116848724No, that's Cylent-Nite. This Shade pic is from Fini-mun

>>116870299seconded

>>116831912>>116837422>>116838494The whole reason they got hired for StC was the editor already knew them from 2000AD and other comics magazines. You're talking shit.

>>116873478For as much grief as tangle and whisper caused they’re the only main OCs besides bunny who have any business being in a game, since they have abilities that are easy to imagine gameplay for. Grapple/bounce with a tail, a gun with different settings, and extendo-limbs for bunny. All pretty easy to imagine as gameplay functions of some sort. Most of the rest are just talkies or regular fighters but ‘strong’ which knuckles already covers in addition to his unique stuff. Characters like sally make sense in a cartoon or comic where characters move the story separate from the audience, but they have no place in a fast paced action-platformer game like the sonic series.

>>116839340>What has Metal even done to justify being the headlining and only Sonic robot?He's a character. The issue is you're just seeing him as "the robot". To you, asking for multiple Metal Sonicses is just like asking for multiple Motobugs or multiple cars of the same model. to them, it's like asking for the next game to casually have a dozen Tailses. Metal Sonic isn't "a robot", he's a specific character.They're not as attached to the name Mecha Sonic as far as we know, so you'd probably get away with the Metallix with a redesign to use more Mecha Sonic elements instead; but even then for all we know all the Mecha Sonics are meant to be the same robot too, making it just two different characters who are Robot Sonic.

>>116874463Thanks! That explains why I couldn't find it

>>116875011No problem

>>116841669>>116841892>>116852682Honestly sonic rivals 2 had probably one of his better appearences, as he's basically on eggaman's side but there's always that fear he will turn into a wildcard:youtube.com/watch?v=fGDojEyA9dc

>>116836901>Maurice isn't his middle nameTHEY HAD ONE FUCKING JOBJokes aside this looks pretty damn good

Attached: 1596240940.knotholeteam_concept_sonic_hedgehog_colours_re.png (933x1000, 1.2M)

>>116836901What is this? (I would like to evade furaffinity, if possible)

>>116870299>>116874499tapas.io/series/Sonic-Shards/infoSonic Shards, a fancomic with slightly re-imagining old comic characters in a whole new kind of worldbuilding with heavy inspiration from both Archie's and Unleashed's. It also features few new characters made up from scratch by the author (like Asa).The comic starts somewhat clunky with too much infodumping, but by chapter 2, things then really start to get promising. Though, the latest page was uploaded in July, last year, so the author might have abandoned it.

Attached: 93fcea5e-72d2-4d73-b2b9-eafbb42168ad.jpg (940x2866, 388.42K)

>>116873478Any kind of ability or mechanic a developer gamer may think off can be easily inserted in the game, no matter how do they act and similar, and no matter over what character. All that matters, is how do they interact with the overall fluid and momentum-dependable gameplay. The main objective here must be to worry if it either adds or don't disrupt the earned momentum a character is carrying at the instant. Once this requirement is successfully checked out, then you may go bonkers at thinking up and developing new abilities.And of course, don't forget to make all of them fast, capable to spin and spin-charge, by principle.>What would they bring narrative wise?I don't mean to come off condescending (and I'm sorry if yes), but must we really have to make story an essential aspect to force in Sonic games? They can work wonderfully by concept, but by execution, if you're not careful, it will bring a lot of disruptions and break the seamless gameplay department. Narratives shouldn't be any important, and are better laid out of games.>Would they be playable, supporting or a boss character?It thoroughly depends, but I believe most Archie characters are better fitting being playable characters.>What would you change about them to make them work in the SEGAverse?This might sound controversial, but I personally see nothing on the characters that must be forcefully adapted to the games. Otherwise, if they are, odds are there will be some lost visual charm and nuance they carry at their own, thus ending up more generic and bland for appealing. Don't fix what isn't broken, in lesser words. A question like this sounds more specific than broad, if anything, where it's most likely asked if we face up with one particular character that might really demand to be adapted.

Attached: dbwbykt-792aded3-a8ec-48af-ba39-ca6a2d1c3f01.jpg (940x1292, 1.66M)

Attached: Sonic-the-Hedgehog-122_012.jpg (1988x3056, 2.56M)

>check thread>it's not idw sonicbye

>>116878324>local rodent gets raped to death

>>116873478>How would you put them in the games?Sonic Heroes style gameplay with a focus on versus where you race other people through levels that have some degree of random generation to keep them fresh. Remove team formations and just have it where you swap between characters, focus on making each of the three styles fun and slap characters into appropriate Speed/Fly/Power categories (maybe some like Bunnie or Shortfuse could appear in more than one category with alternate playstyles) with a few unique abilities or traits for each character. You can mix and match any character from each playstyle to make your own personal team when playing against other people (alt costumes/palettes too, of course).Setting/story mode will be a basic "some mysterious powerful people have set up a tournament where competitors from many different universes race to be the best for their amusement", don't focus on it any more than that in-game - it's just a way to have silly fun with a bunch of characters. Each team's campaign is short, maybe 5 or so levels so that playing them all isn't too repetitive but they still get to interact with a fair share of other teams.Now you can have just about any character that isn't Shade or Ken-made, you can fit them into a team of three and you can easily force them into one of the playstyles. No need to worry about the stupid classic vs modern mandate because multiple dimensions.>What would they bring ability/narrative wise?Don't really to bring anything beyond a skill or two unique to them, it's better to just keep things simple and formatted.Again, not much needed. Just focus on character interactions in story mode to flesh them out a bit and give people their "oh my god what if x met y" fixes.>What would you change about themOther than some design changes for a few of the busier characters I don't see the point. If anything, it's official characters like Babylon Rogues that need some touching up so that they actually become likeable.

Attached: 1568110911737.png (1942x994, 2.3M)

>>116836901Yes. I’m excited. It has peaked my interest and I want to see where it goes. The concept art really grabbed my heart. So fucking nice.

Attached: 268D289D-E4A5-4094-B44E-DC22300E35CF.png (1147x800, 424.33K)

bump

For me, it’s Silver Sonic 3.0

Attached: 4DA8210A-0CE2-4D8F-933F-5B51AE78855D.jpg (360x450, 45.48K)

>>116857987Lol'd at Amy crying.

>>116839826That's not the same hat OVA had, though. The stars are smaller, for starters.

>>116879476Okay

Was IDW Sonic #30 meant to be out this week? My LCS didn't have it in their invoice and they always order it

>>116852682>BassWouldn't use him as an exaple, since Classic Bass is usually considered pretty underwhelming.Doesn't help that he has to get compared to his EXE counterpart.

>>116883944I tried a few exe games but never finished them. Isnt he just a secret boss in those? Or does he do something more or have lots of lore or something?

>>116884103>secret bossA superboss is a better discriptor, but essentially yeah. He does do main plot stuff in 3 through.>lots of loreActually has more of a backstory than most Navis.

>>116868312me2

>>116840052>little to no testosteroneI would be surprised if Boco hasn't turned in a trannie yet.

>>116873478Something like this with Scourge, Fiona, and Finitevus.

Attached: Sonic Rush 3.png (1228x291, 52.85K)

>>116887094Scourge and Finitevus I get, but Fiona plain wouldn't work as an Anti-Tails on account of the fact she's neither intelligent nor able to fly. If you have to change her character so much then you might as well just stick to an evil Tails instead.

>>116887230She doesn't a have to be an exact, but she would definitely work as Scourge's partner like Tails is to Sonic.

>>116887278I'm just saying, if you actually wanna have her fight in a game then it'll be her on foot vs Tails in a walking tank. Miles may have an unfortunate haircut but he's a much better fit for the kind of role you're thinking of

>>116887320I see where you're coming from, but I think Fiona could still work. Like, the idea of Tails with a walking tank he built vs. Fiona with a fancy tank she stole. Maybe it would show a contrast and still keep Fiona's criminal background. Tails creates, Fiona takes.But that's just me. I don't actually dislike Mile's hairstyle.

>>116853242>I don't recall if she was married back then but I'm pretty sure she was.Ian got the two marriedIan was hired to replace Kenergo, Ken could not have written a story with a married Bunnie fucking Evil Sonic.Also, that issue was 149-150. Bunnie wasn't married until 173

>>116887740>Ken could not have written a story with a married Bunnie fucking Evil Sonic.The whole "fucking under mistaken identity" is still pretty fucked up though.

Attached: Sonic-the-Hedgehog-153_016.jpg (1988x3056, 2.01M)

>>116814157The FFFF were basically joke characters who only showed up in 2 issues anyways.

Attached: 2.jpg (3956x3041, 3.88M)

>>116891415>Adventure Sonic>Classic Amy>Satam Tails>Sonic doesn't know what a tv isWhat the fuck IS this shit?

Attached: 1478306400523.jpg (250x250, 24.96K)

>>116891561If it makes you feel better they switched Amy to her Adventure design like 3-4 issues after this

Attached: whoops_by_kichigai_d2u6v0s.jpg (822x617, 288.1K)

>>116854125>>116854297>>116855328>>116856628Everyone seems to be quite knowledgeable of Scourge, but it feels like I'm the only person of this world who prefers more the Suppression Squad, preferably excluding Scourge.I may appreciate him, but I was never much of fan over Scourge, both before and after his redesign. He stands out much of a sore thumb with its really one-dimensional personality, as well a straight up walking "evil twin" trope. I feel like, just after his redesign, the direction was to determine him even more obvious and front with his superficial characterization, to the point he was a parody, and I'm not sure if it's a good time to spend at wasting panels and panels over showing itself just how much of bad character is he. Truthfully, that secondary story that involves Jules with him was the only once Scourge did seem interesting thanks to the backstory (and thanks to Jules, standing at his own, and making its part to flesh out secondary traits of Scourge).The SS, in their turn, felt more promising. They were also just "evil twins", albeit never really exaggerated their villainy and edginess like Scourge just for the sake of it, and rather, they were right away introduced with a conflict to their standard, also one-dimensional personality, opening doors for their character development. I liked that, once they were exposed to Sonic saving Scourge from their metal selfs, they just watched the action, and discovered empathy. Their inability and fear to face up Scourge also helps tons of to further cement their unanimous decision to get rid of him though teamwork, which then planted a seed of characterization, showing chances of them to develop for better characters.Seriously, maybe it's just because I thoroughly dislike the "evil twin" trope, but am I really the only one on this opinion?

Attached: kart0104resized.gif (1400x788, 890.19K)

>>116891561Amy looks like she's becoming her modern-self (as is where Sonic is) and Tails being in-lieu of the SatAM cast present right next to him isn't surprising.

>>116893070Who’s the dead body?

>>116891561Post endgame-Adventure Archie was a wild ride. Post Adventure to Flynn is even wilder/

Attached: tumblr_pgnm6aBbU91uby5koo1_1280.jpg (1280x1720, 320.8K)

>>116891415>>116891561Didn’t they have TV in their base in Knothole? Why are they acting like they’ve never seen this shit before.

>>116895497I think it's ambiguous, that image has been around for ages now.

>>116894681Oh no, they were great. Evil Tails especially. There was something weirdly intimidating about a version of Tails that was in control of himself. (for lack of a better phrase) I would have really enjoyed seeing more of them.