Food in games

What are some games that use food well? "Food" is too generic in way too many games, either as non-descriptive items ("Rations").

Obviously there is vid related

I really liked the way Golden Sun let you peek in people's ovens all over the world and had descriptions for everything. Really gave a lot of (for lack of a better word) flavor to towns. (anyone have a full text dump of that?)

The Tales series has had cooking systems in most games. The ideas it had were interesting, but the execution always wound up forgettable and just a way to convert money to healing/buffs.

*non-descriptive or basic stuff ("cake" "stew") with no real care given to it.

Honorable mention to Monster Hunter.

Bonus points for MHP3rd for having a hot spring to soak in
Portable 3rd was my last MH game. Do the later games have similar comfy ideas?

In generations/cross, you can go to that same exact hotspring. Also fondu.

this meme needs to stop.

Rune Factory 4 has unique and often funny descriptions more most of the food in the game, all of which give you different stat buffs or debuffs for the day though I'm cheap and lazy and just easy pickled turnip every day

Monster Hunter has the same meal every time, no matter what you cook.
SO TASTY!

Skyrim has lots of food options. Too bad it's a shit game and the food doesn't really make much of a difference compared to potions.
Mods might fix itâ„¢.

Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons has lots of foods.

I hate having food in video games. It makes me want to stop playing and go eat, and get even more fat than i am now.

FFXV has really good looking food.
As well as Muramasa.

Dragon's Crown is probably the best though. The food you can make at camp depends on what stages you went through.

FF14, severe lack of MMOs that don't expand or even create some nice looking food instead of the same model of bread and beer that only gives stat points (Fuck you Blizzard)

Legend of heroes do it ok

Monster hunter has the cooking cats

Despite being almost unnecessary and entirely optional, Harvest Moon: FoMT has shitloads of food to cook, and the villagers will react differently according to the food given

Why do devs do this?

I don't even like eating in real life, why would I want to eat in a video game?

You would if you picked up a fucking cook book once in a while you sub-human.

I wouldn't eat at all if it wasn't absolutely necessary.

That's why you do the cooking retard.

I don't think that's going to cure my distaste for all things.

A bullet might.

except it's not the same hotspring, and is a footbath. You don't even get different drinks to choose from instead of the fondue, take your cats with you, or be naked except for the towel.

except that it's not, it's just a foot bath, not even the same spring. You cant take your cat with you, you keep your clothes on, minus leg and shoes, and there's no tea. And most of the time it's just so you can hear some NPC ramble about a quest they need done. It's not even close to half as comfy as MHP3rd's

Why live.

Literal fucking subhuman, talentless trash.

This needs to be in more games. It's fucking great.

OVA 4 just came out. I wish a fucking sub-group would pick it up already though I keep seeing the learn Japanese thread and I'm getting fucking tempted to start.

Dead Rising, S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Dragons Dogma