Is this a fighting game?

Is this a fighting game?

No, this is a shit thread

It makes people fight about it.
So yes.

Sounds to me like people who don't think it's a fighting game are just trying to insult smash players.

Don't even have to be a fighting game autist to say no.

no, it's a party game with mechanics specifically designed to even the odds and stifle competitive play. the amount of rules/regulations that people have to enforce to make it work for competitions is laughable. at the end of the day you gut a game and shit on its premise when you remove all of the items, only 4 characters are viable, and 3 stages are allowed.

It's a mistake is what it is.

why did you waste energy replying to a shitposting thread?

It's a shit thread.

So the game being "fair" is what makes it a fighting game?

What is a fighting game anyway?

It's a party game where you beat each other up that can be amusingly exploited for crazy play sessions and moments.

It's an arena fighter that desperately does not want to be a fighting game. Sakurai lowered the fuck out of the skill ceiling because he thought it was the same thing as lowering the skill floor.

a pure fighting game is designed from the ground up for even one on one fights, with general emphasis on attack range, combos and gauge management.

SSB is designed for more than 2 player simultaneous, with emphasis on positioning and throw distance.

i'm not saying it's not fun, or that i don't enjoy the game, but to imply that it's a fighting game just because the characters hit each other is silly.

Which I wasn't. I was agreeing at the end of the day it's just a fun, chaotic party game with enough thought put into the second installment to make it fun to watch when mechanically exploited.

It's a party platformer for casuals.

That's what Nintentoddlers who suck at real fighting games desperatly want you to think

No.

No

Yep, we fight about it all the time.

Does it even matter?

it's a shitload of fuck i'd rather get fucked in the ass by my long cock friend than this shitty ass game