What happened?

What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1483571&p=51404391&viewfull=1#post51404391
github.com/danielmm8888/TF2Classic
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this

Checked today, no one plays anymore.
Its just not that fun. I had a lot of fun in normal TF2 trying to slap people with the Mackarel. No weapon variety and no dev support makes it pretty lackluster.

Alas, I had a lot of fun by crouchwalking with a crowbar out in 2fort.DM.

fortress forever has better movement imomomomomomo

Devs usurped the former lead and it stopped being about fixing vanilla TF2 or restoring beta elements. They stopped fixing it and focused on 4-team modes that weren't fun, DM shit no one cared for, porting new weapons from TF2, and making their dumb TTT mode. Eventually the devs also just lost steam under the new lead so it just died internally. Now it's only somewhat better than playing TF2, which isn't different enough for more casual players and not good enough for the players that actually care about the game.

Also, anyone that complains about "muh alphablaster" is seriously overestimating the influence of a couple of servers run by a attentionwhoring faggot.

The devs ended up adding things that nobody really wanted like the flare gun, and one of them ended up turning into a massive faggot (became "trans", and cheated in unowned servers). On top of that, AlphaBlaster ruined the main server by banning anyone who was even remotely related to something autistic. I think it even went as far as him banning people who had friends with furry/pony profile pics.

It was fun and i'd be behind a TF2C resurgence , but goddamn did it ever get autistic.

I've heard there's an EU server coming up that isn't managed or cucked by AlphaBlaster (probably from the same guy that hosted another EU server a while back), could this be enough to bring the game back to life?
Also, there's an espionage update coming up really soon, and it sounds okay (not the same as TTT, they're taking notes from the original TF2 gameplay and art design).

It absolutely doesn't. It shows they're still ignoring the base game in favor of superfluous shit, ironically just like Valve has. A cursory glance at their Facepunch thread shows that as well, with the last few pages having only to do with DM and Espionage. There's also the interesting tidbit of the mod now going close source, which is fucking retarded. Good thing I saved its source code before that happened.

Although I also found that the tranny furfag that took charge of the mod apparently left back in October, so maybe there's hope for the mod yet.

Just wait for tf3 fam

A common tactic of people trying to hide things they don't want anyone to discover(like AlphaBlaster being an actual faggot and pedophile) is to point out the flaws of others and shift focus onto them by vilifying them. I'm not at all surprised he went to the lengths he did trying to throw up that smokescreen.

But why? Why not just fucking play the game and that's it?

I knew AlphaBlaster, while not personally we were buddies for a while, he was the typical autistic /cuteboys/ user with an ego matching his faggotry, plus he was stormfront tier when it came to Holla Forums, he was extremely proud of his aryan boypussi

I know usually this is used as a joke, but this time it's completely serious:
Severe autism

all they had to do was fix the cart clipping holy fuck

Some fag made a template thread and went back to cuckchan.
Thats what happened

Isn't he underage though?

This guy is right.
I wanted good ol' days of TF2 before mannconomy, hats and shit, not some horrible fucking abomination.

It was a shit idea for hipsters
That's what happened.
Don't even get me started on how horrible the code is. It's a bigger fucking mess than THE ACTUAL TF2
WITH LESS FEATURES.

You brought a tear to my eye. That was so far into TF2's lifecycle but it's an eternity ago already. TF2 memes were top-tier.

By the way, when did the original TF2 add the friendly see-friendly-silhouettes-through-walls shit? It was such a stupid anti-spy move.

The fuck are you talking about?
That pic exists to pin-point the exact fucking moment when TF2 went to shit.

Could you upload somewhere?

If you have a copy of the source before the autism was added, then even better.

1)Demo with medic pocket wins every match
2)Spies can no longer be caught by pyros due to Dead Ringer.
3)Snipers can no longer be backstabbed by spies due to Razorback.

New players will not so spy or sniper not realizing you only need these classes if the enemy team is set up a certain way. Class stacking is real and even if you have 5k hours in the game new players have babby fweebie armor if they DR or Razorback.

I think you're focusing too much on the trading and not on the gameplay. Once you get all the weapons, which really isn't that hard to do, then you're pretty much set.

I have literally taken years off my life by insulting every dead ringer spy I encountered ever since the sniper+spy update. You have no idea of the autistic rage that has enveloped me because of this game and what happened to it. I know something unique was lost to the world once that update came out. Even so, TF2 had a long afterlife with a lot of great content. The true competitive spirit was lost, yes, but the entire saga of TF2 from 2007 onwards is still an incredible piece of game culture and there's nothing like it now.

Well, there's o……..

There's that year again.

What do you mean?

The "year everything went to shit"

I get a feeling Holla Forums in general has autism regarding TF2.

Why wouldn't they? TF2 was the last hope for an online FPS with a community worth being a part of.

Oh please, dont be so fucking dramatic. All games have a shitty community.

Man, I wish a miracle happened, Valve started giving a fuck again and did something to fix or at least improve the game.
It makes me sad that TF2 isn't what it was anymore and it only makes me sadder to know that it's not gonna change.

2007 give it, 2007 take it

No you fat nigger, all games have shit communities but before 2007 they were GOOD shit communities. TF2 had a real competitive edge, great servers with skilled regulars, mods, and 10/10 content.New games have no server culture, no 3rd party forum culture, and predefine all skill levels with bogus matchmaking. It's lost the DIY spirit.

Worst item for sniper. Spy can just kill you with Ambassador.

AlphaBlaster ran the only popular server and banned everyone from it.
He's also a giant fucking loser and a faggot.

At this point I dont even think about a reply to that because I dont give a shit. Everyone fucking tortures itself over everything in TF2 so much it feels like nitpicking.

You sound like the kind of guy who never experienced competitive FPS for himself. Even more so because of the bitchy way you backed out of that discussion.

Or because I thought I would get a reply for a real complaint like hats, skins, or something worth discussing for. I dont feel like discussing random autistic shit like communities.

Christ, you're hopeless.

You sound like you have aspergers, user, are you alright?

Not true. It take two hits. A sniper can tap left and you will never hit him a second time before he headshots you which kills in 1 shot. Snipers with skill that care nothing about the team will be able to do that.

You are what the new era of gaming produces: pathetic weak males afraid of a confrontation even on an anonymous imageboard. You've missed out on day after filled with hours of competing against other competent white men in games largely untarnished by their devs, with no forced competition or standards but just a plain love of skill and grace in aggression. That's why I hate your type so fucking much. No power on heaven or earth could compel you to just try being a dick for once and having some fun, because that's just something you never experienced in your neutered games.

What the fuck are you even on about you jibbering-jabbering retard?

Trannies ruin everything. It takes the desperate cries of attention of a SJW and cranks it to 11.

I guess it's because it was that good when it came out and seeing it slowly die and get bastardized really gets to your gut. The price of admission to games should be a must have, and even then it doesn't stop autistic retards from joining in all the same.

The only issue I have with it currently is the fact I must play in dead community servers since Casual Matchmaking is full of retards.

I don't know how many Mexicans I played counter-strike with back in the day but it was a lot dude. I don't think FPS culture was ever some aryan nation.

TF2 was always shit.

Remember when you'd go on the same servers over and over again and meet pretty much the same players? And then either all of them started dropping like flies or the game got so bloated you had to play on Valve servers all the time?

Community servers are somewhat populated right now, there are always some recurrent people in BlackWonder for example.

Game died for two reasons, one internally and the other externally.

Reason 1: Developers went to shit

Reason 2: Alphablaster the Cuck master

Alpha was found out later to be going on /cuteboys/, was apparently a pedophile and also did erp, Alpha tried to make a Gmod server with Holla Forums and it was completely fucking terrible

ALPHABLASTER
(checked)
He is also underaged, he was lying to people saying he was 18 and was actually 15

They should do something easy and fix ctf. Adding timers, and being able to reset the flag by picking it up should have been a day one thing in TF2 and TF2C

Keep in mind the few people that were reasonable about shit were driven out by AB and his band of edgymen. Since he had a monopoly over servers, the few Holla Forums servers that weren't part of AB faded out and gave up.

What the absolute fuck?

facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1483571&p=51404391&viewfull=1#post51404391
Apparently they didn't like people "stealing" their already stolen code.

The old source is actually still up on git, so least you know you won't be getting the game with any recent autism.
github.com/danielmm8888/TF2Classic

Remember when "mods" started to bam anons and delete threads that made fun pf Alphablaster and Mark would magically appear in the thread and start justifying it.

Remember the cozy relationship they had? I do, it was around the time Josh nuked Holla Forums.

what the fuck

I still have my server, I'd just have to put it up anytime
anyone remember the rad attack shack, previously known as rad87gn?

Not sure what happened with the game, community died from a combination of boredom and the fact that to play on a populated server took more screening than an international flight.

I'm glad the pyro was never unmasked, keeping him masked > any person they could put underneath

Given that the source code is still available and there are people that aren't alphablaster willing to host , there isn't much stopping a handful of autists from taking the mod into their own hands, beyond not giving enough of a fuck.

All you had to do was stop playing on his home computer hosted server.

The problem is though that a lot of times on Holla Forums, people will flock to a server because it has the server culture they're looking for even if there are objectively better servers. It's happened before on some of the other games here on Holla Forums like radops where if a server wasn't owned by X that nobody would use them. Same thing happened with TF2C.

But user, don't you watch gayme theory? Pyro is really a gay/woman/trannie! :^)

Don't take this the wrong way but a server populated entirely by Holla Forumsirgins is insufferable. In the early stages of a multiplayer game, the population has to increase dramatically in order to sustain itself and this is only done with a welcoming atmosphere. You faggots couldn't keep your edge to yourself and Alphablaster wasn't helping. Go ahead and spam Moonman songs 24/7 but don't be surprised if nobody is around to hear them.

From the brief period I was in the dev chat, the team had absolutely no coordination. A million ideaguys and nothing got done.

I only agree with this to the extent that there was TOO MUCH micspam. Y'all niggas didn't get any new material either. It got grating.

if anything he was fbi bait, the faggot is underage you know

Did those threads die?
I finally got the game and want to operate, but nobody seems to be playing.

Here I am thinking it's shit because it was made by Valve.

The fucking mic spam was barely tolerable because you could mute but when they added those fucking stupid shouts it was unbearable. Also alpha was a faggot and the pop disappeared. I miss talking like a jew and plinket.

traps happened, that's what

This

I just hoping to get the models of the new classes

and now it's

When the class update for the Demoman included a sword and shield I knew something was wrong.

I like how that whole video, the entirety of it, all that math and those numbers can be refuted by

Some of you guys are skipping over the most glaring detail as to why Alphablaster had so much influence. It wasn't because of the attention whoring, it was because he had the fun allowed policies on his servers. Other guys like rad78 or something like that did the same thing and had decent success. Things went like this:

The bottom line is this: Alphablaster would not have had any popularity if he wasn't keen enough to know how to keep things interesting. Most of the other server hosts failed in this regard. Stalin on the other hand could have saved tf2c at least for Holla Forums if he knew how to allow fun. The lesson here is that communism never succeeds and neither does faggotry, even when your faggotry is designed to appeal to Holla Forums and Holla Forums. As we have learned in a competition between boring as fuck commie server hosting and everything goes LOL SO RANDUMB, the latter wins even if it is just a while longer.

If you want to take notes on how to run a good server and not repeat the same mistakes as everyone else, it should be like this:
> Interesting balance between vanilla maps and custom maps. You will never please everybody but you can allow the players to choose which map to pick next. Vanilla maps can be perfect, but will grow stale if you don't allow a meme map to play every once in a while. Ignore the purist whiners because variety is the spice of life and not getting bored of the same "balanced" map is not a skill or virtue.

My personal rule: Don't be a shitter. Shitters are quitters and ruin the fun by being a butthurt baby who can't stand to lose even once.

lol

Why not just play Team Fortress Classic? There's a small paywall, but the game is already at its peak in terms of gameplay, and the small communities that currently exist will never betray you as long as you're not a faggot.

Don't you want Bunnyhopping? Conc Jumping? Grenades? Explosions? Come Home, Holla Forums.

TFC would be amazing but no one wants to give valve money. I did that over 15 years ago and wouldn't do it again.

define fun, because I consider banter an the likes fun. Not mindless micspam

TFC is still fun to boot up but there's only ever two servers alive - d2f, which is as shit as ever, and one other server which tends to change every couple of years, but has a small map pool because faggots only ever want to play cancer like axlfly and smearthequeer. Fun every once in a while, yes, but not every other map.

I miss fortress forever but shit is fucking dead. I don't even think they can get a full server during peak hours anymore. While I wouldn't necessarily say the movement in FF is better or worse overall than TFC, I think trimping was an amazing addition.

I admit right away that defining fun allowed on games like TF2 is a tough thing to pin down but only because it requires moderation. Finding the sweet spot between fun and cancer means on the moment response. It doesn't mean that the admin has to be there all the time constantly tweaking things but knowing how to balance things out according to the players you draw in is key. On one hand, having a good assortment of utility plugins to help you mod is never a bad idea, but in the wrong hands it can lead to some powertripping mods who like to freeze and teleport you and the usual adminabuse.mp4 shit. Really though, you shouldn't fuck up if you have too many utility plugins so I won't bother listing them.

Consider this small list the bare minimum. Generally, and off the top of my head, fun allowed means at the very least:
This extends from but is not limited to acceptable "balanced/lore-friendly" maps, sparse LOL SO RANDUMB meme maps, minigame maps, ratmaps, maps referencing other games, etc. Having a good map rotation plugin to manage this can make or break this. This is why the official tf2 valve map vote thing was always stupid because it broke plugins like that.
Sometimes allowing micspammers to go crazy is fun. Some micspam are just glorified saysounds. Knowing when to stop them is a thing you need to figure out. If it's out of control for one game it's not gonna make you the worst admin ever. Generally, it's about the little things. Sometimes micspam can blend and provides interesting ambiance, especially if the player knows how to pick the right songs. I guess ambiance would be the keyword. Some admins keep things simple by having one micspammer play one song at a time and taking turns with others.
This means that only lazy faggots will complain if they can still hear them.

If you go anywhere beyond that, your server can either be too crazy and cancerous or treading the line between fun allowed and cancer. Examples:
Only in modern games like KF can that work, sorta.
Ironically, I remember tfc rtd to be less invasive than tf2 but that might just be my nostalgia.TF2's RTD was definitely annoying.
I love the hookmod but you don't need it. Ever.
This last one will break your server. If you reach that level of cancer, you're already cancer. Never punish the players who are trying to play the map.