Remember when the one user posted a history told by cinema with almost 100 films?

remember when the one user posted a history told by cinema with almost 100 films?

H

E

Y

Z

A

C

H

!

I didn't save it but it looked like a lot of effort went into thinking about it. I didn't like that it was just films that fit in certain time periods though with no concern for the quality of the film in question. I'd just leave gaps if there's nothing decent.

I think it would be done better with TV shows though, which are generally much richer in terms of historical content because they can get stuck into the weeds with detail that would never make the cut in a film. Stuff like Rome, Victoria, Banished, Deadwood, Wolf Hall, Tenko is really good. If anons can contribute more good historical dramas I will create a timeline.

Yeah it was pretty autistic but unfortunately i didn't save it
Also

She the only emma that matters

I miss when Emma was a cute girl

But Zach, worst emma is a reddit tier hag

Yes Stone is a a reddit(4chan is reddit no matter how hard you cry it isnt' it shows) tier hag that has never been attractive

Why do so many fucks have such a hard on for this flat chested drama whore? She's JW's damaged goods.

>>>/cow/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>Holla Forums
Dude ONE PICTURE THATS SPAMMED LMAO

What about Eli Oldsen, is she Antarticachan tier?

She's fine

And it was trash
lmao

I saved them, faggot promised he would come back but never did.

4chan and Holla Forums are almost identical nowadays actually.

Is that two too many or one too many?

Do you wanna dump them?

4chan.org/tv is full of people who actually discuss 70 black panther threads and 20 dc threads and 100 star wars threads a day. We aren't that bad

I've been working on a similar concept for a viewing list, but I mainly wanted to focus on the 20th Century and I was willing to use films that tackled issues of the day over ones that fit the period. Also helps with the quality issue.

I'd definitely supplement using TV shows, especially mini-series or HBO-types. Rome and Deadwood are great examples. The hard part isn't the dead-zones, which usually have at least one decent films, but the hotspots like the Roman Empire or World War II where there's tons of great films and you need to get the most important concepts across. I'd definitely limit it to one film per war, no exceptions.

The other hard part will be crafting a narrative. Ideally the issues in one film would flow into the next, but that can't always be the case. Especially towards the end, it's going to be almost impossible to avoid jumping between continents. It might be viable to arrange things from the Medditeranean -> European -> American perspective, though this risks missing some good period pieces set in Asia and South America.

But film quality is a must. I'd be willing to sacrifice a great movie for a good one that's more relevant to the actual issues of the day. A lot of period pieces use it as a backdrop with little connection to the conflict itself.

Which is why I was willing to substitute films about certain issues. Something like Falling Down or Barry Lyndon can capture both an era and its conflicts as something the protagonist wrestles with himself, but throwing in something like Treasure Island and saying you've captured the entire age of piracy is ridiculous.

Yeah sure. This may take a while though, my upload speed is shit.

1/9

thanks user

2/9

3/9

4/9

5/9

6/9

7/9

8/9

And done. You gotta love such autistic dedication.

yet

halfchan is garbage and you need to go back