Sun and Moon

Any thoughts on this game, Holla Forums? The main quest was kind of short, but it was fun enough. Team Skull is pretty humorous though; never thought I see a wigger boss.

Other urls found in this thread:

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Extraterrestrial_Pokémon
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Even though gen 7 was created to counter the meta, I really enjoyed the game.

However, I really feel for Guzma.

I'm just happy that he finally has the support he needs to successfully chase his dreams of becoming a captain

feels like every pokemon rehash it takes two steps forward, one step backwards.

its still not better than the spinoffs that are way more fun in every way like pokemon ranger, pokemon snap and shinen the wanderer with pokemon reskin

I liked it, way better than Gen 6 anyways. It's too heavy on cutscenes though.

I liked it. Produced more enjoyable Pokemon designs than Gen 6 and an overall better game.

Where did you find info about his backstory?

You know that's a net positive right?

I like it, it wasn't as bad as X/Y, but it wasn't as good as HG/SS.
I give this game an 8/10. I hate the music in the routes, it's so forgettable.
I wish they had a Pokémon game where you fight against a secret society, similar to Giovanni and Team Cipher.

I also want Jaw dropping backdrops and beautiful visuals with an all new artstyle, the current one feels too soft and kiddy, I want something like early 2000's Gamefreak, Shin Megami Tensei and some danganronpa for the younger characters.

Unless I work at gamefreak and direct the game itself, none of these things will happen.

Speaking of cutscenes, generations is pretty neat.

They got a new director for SM, which is why there are so many differences. I hope they keep the guy for the next Pokemon games.
The big problem it has is cutscenes. It's alright for the first playthrough but replaying the game is going to get tedious.
The new Pokemon designs are great. It was hard to pick a team of pokemon to go through the game with, because there are so many cool ones this time. The UBs and Tapus have neat designs too.

It's the start of an upswing in the quality of the main Pokemon games. I hope they don't blow it.

They also got a new musical director too, they got a bunch of new people! I wish I had the documentation of the new crew members to be more specific.

I liked it.
Better pokemon designs than gen6 and better characters and story.
Team Skull and Guzma are pretty funny and tie into the island challenge plot.
PokeFashion is back.
Got rid of HMs in their entirety.
Interesting that they had a tropical archipelago setting with barely any water areas. Maybe "too much water" hit home?
Z moves are stupid.

I was hoping to go deep sea diving to explore on the ancient alolan L O R E

A bit disappointing for a tropical island setting not to have more sea diving. It felt like they were really trying to avoid long water zones.

Pretty good except for the entire plot related to the aether foundation. Take away that and Lillie, and Gamefreak would remove most of the cut-scenes. Alola for most comfy region.

I really liked that starter cat but then it evolved and stopped being adorable

Is it possible to get female starter in the beginning?

Which honestly pissed me off. I had high hopes for this being the best game yet, and they blew part of the exploration on story. I want to cry.

Would you like it to be a Fire/Flying instead?

Yes, I got a female Litten in my first try.

That's what you get for not playing owl.

Owl is objectively the best starter, next to Ballio

There's a house on route 2 where he lived and goes back to at the end of the game. His father says he tried to set him straight, but when he came of age it was his father who ended up getting beat and then Guzma left. You talk to him there and then fight him with a team level rivaling elite four champion levels and with 5 pokemon. You can also speak to his mom after and get the TM for swagger.

But I want to set other people's animals on fire and be cute

Then just Sexy Lizard (;

I was hoping that the big twist was that Lillie and her mother were UBs, maybe that's what they were originally going to do? I feel that would've been much more interesting.

Me too. I also wanted Hau and Gladion to fucking hate each other, but this is still a step up from X/Y.

87.5% male

Where do you guys think the next Pokémon region will take place at?
I want India or Mexico, somewhere gamefreak can pump out lore, design, story and exploration to the fullest.

Just beat the Elite Four in Moon today, actually. This was the first Pokemon game I've played since Diamond, and I went in to it almost completely blind. I wasn't really expecting much, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The game certainly has its flaws, mainly in regards to difficulty (or more specifically the lack thereof) and linearity, but the core gameplay was solid and there are many fun little diversions. Story was whatever but I wasn't expecting anything from it anyways. Most importantly, the majority of the new Pokemon are pretty well designed except for the gen 1 pokemon they fucked up, which was one of my biggest worries going into it after seeing some of the abominations from previous gens (some of which snuck their way in but oh well.)

Overall I found it fairly enjoyable and I'm looking forward to doing the post-game content. Don't think I would have payed for it though, at least not at full price anyways

I feel you, I picked meme cat too. Not like it matters though since I stopped using it before it even managed to become ugly.

I want them to do my home country.
I think Australia will give them a chance to do really strange and new pokemon designs, give comfy feels, bring more poison types, and there's enough lore they can build off.
Plus accents.

Too bad even if they did, Treehouse would butcher it into an anti-colonisation story.

I think they are going to give the tropics a bit of a rest. Maybe Great Britain and draw on their history of literature with some medieval elements? Italy would be cool with the rich history. My final guess would be South Korea to bring it back East.

Australia sounds fucking perfect. Imagine all the huge intimidating mons you'd be able to fight, the trainers that would absolutely beat you down and the rival that would be an absolute cunt.
It would be like Gen 1 on crack.
Also, treehouse doesn't do the translation, Pokémons own subsidiary does.

Pls no, I don't want Kalos 2.0
Asian countries would be great, maybe we'll get the Kyoto region. I want another game based in Japan.

I liked the games, but I have a huge problem with them (and it's not the MGS long cut scenes). It's that EV's feel like a chore like before gen 6. SOS battles are inferior to both hordes for EV's and Dexnav for Hidden abilities and IV's.

All main pokemon game localizations are done by the pokemon company and not NOA.

There are some Aussie 'mons, but I'd like to see Australia my home country too. Beach, rainforest and desert landscapes have been featured heavily in gen7 already, though.

Use PKhex for the moment until the new game comes out

Ecruteak city says hi.
And how would Italy or Britain be Kalos 2.0? The problem with X&Y was execution, not subject.

I thought Johto already was Kyoto with all the temples and shit

I want more.

Black/White says hi.

I do use it, I just decided for one pokemon I was breeding I'd do it the old fashion way. Holy shit, it should take 20 fucking minutes to max out EV's.

Wait, so you want an entire game based only in Ecruteak City?

I liked Pokémon Conquest a little too much, alright? It was so fucking beautiful, it made me cry.

It does, I wish they'd bring back the X/Y method back, that, shiny hunting and the PSS system. Those were some of the few great things from that gen.

Maybe he wants to be a gym leader

You gave me a great idea! Imagine linking your Pokémon game to Pokémon Go and using your SM team in your gym, and being able to reclaim your gym 6 or 12 hours after being beat. Even having an in-game location specifically for that.
That would take advertising of their main games one step forward. It sounds really great!

Following that idea, you could only use certain Pokémon deposited in Pokémon bank, and have a "Battle Box" similar to the one from X/Y.
You would get realtime notifications on how your game is doing through your linked game.
To be use this, it would be good to scrap the idea of Pokémon Go as a whole and make another app.

*best use this

best pokemon game of all tbh fam

Still better than Mega-Evolutions and impossible to look as ridiculous.

Mega Evolution was a mistake.
Thank goodness there are 2 canons, so GF can just use the other.
It wasn't, just attacked.

Oh shit, I lucked out.

Best Starter Evo, next to ballio

Its like you hate cute

I love popplio, just not his evolutions.

Could be worst

This thread proves once again people on Holla Forums have bad taste
Every Pokemon game is flawless

I wanted both Primarina and Ballio, I love both. They were both so bad they were good, now I only have the taste of seal feces instead of a dead carcass. I want to eat both shit and dead bodies.

I'm having a hard time powering through. It feels like every two steps I gotta stop for a cut scene that could have been told to me in regular text.

Low standards, tbh FAM. I wish I could be just as much of a conformist as you are.

Murderclown was the (likely intentional) dumbest fucking design.

Which made me love it, much like Alola exeggutor, voltorb, munna, klefki and trubbish. For some god damn reason, I like designs that are intentionally derpy. I'm sad.

I shiggy diggy, my niggy.

I honestly wish I had taste this bad. Life would probably be so much more enjoyable.

It was only slightly better than the trash that was Gen 6 was. The amount of handholding and lengthy dialogue sequences are fucking absurd. And yet again there is no fucking post game besides another looker quest and a "it totally not the battle tower" facility. Also there are barely any trainers in the game that have more than 2 pokemon outside of event battles and the amount of trainers with a full team is practically non-existant

Not to mention reducing the amount of boxes you get in game so you're forced to pay for poke bank if you want to keep more than 8 boxes worth of pokemon, also the completely fucking retarded way to get certain items. You are handed healing items every three fucking steps and constantly get healed after major battles. Want a razor claw to evolve Weavile? Well good fucking luck because the only way to get one is a 5 percent chance that a wild Jangmo-o is holding one, oh I forgot to mention that wild Jangmo-o only show up on one route and have a 5 percent spawn rate.

There are some good new pokemon and moves that make battles fun, also z-moves are an alright gimmick. The Poké Pelago is a good addition, but the festival plaza is trash; once the online is killed for the 3DS it will be next to impossible to get certain items easily. The small amount of good doesn't out weight all the completely fucking retarded choices they've made, there is nothing in the game that makes it worth playing over the order games or using Pokemon Showdown to get your autism fight fix.

All Gen 7 and Gen 6 did was confirm that Gen 4/5 were the peak of the series in terms content and game design choices. The future just looks like the battling will get better but the core games themselves will keep becoming shittier.

I fucking hate life, everything and everyone around me, the majority of things nowadays are so shitty. I want to make games and cartoons great again. I'm so self-hateful that I can't be bothered to dedicate myself to draw what I constantly think of on a daily basis, so I resort to listening to music in my head and pretend it already exists and I've completed it, only to become more frustrated that I can't visually experience it in real time.

I need a very good method to snap out of this funk and make stop my dreams from only being dreams.
I feel numb, but sometimes very angry and contemplative, am I too hopeful? I wonder what my exact issue is, I wonder if I'm just afraid to admit certain things to myself. I'm already pretty centered on life and see things from an objective view, but I just can't motivate myself to do some things someone with lesser privileges and resources can do with enough willpower. I think it's one of those times where you just need someone to give you a hand, maybe I just need therapy to unblock a mental passage.

You can get up to 32, you just have to have at least one poke in all the available boxes

Just remember that suicide is always an option, that's what keeps me going

Oh thank fucking god, I have like 3 slots left.

That's what what weaklings do, but something quite close is that death is inescapable and no matter what I do I'm going to die, which is a bit of a relief, believe it or not. Yet, I get a heavy strain due to how limited my time is, so it's a constant battle of cognitive dissonance.
As I'm typing this, I'm laying in a drawing desk trying to push myself to at least TRY to draw something again and practice shapes. I feel like I'm in mental prison.

It's a damn curse.

Have you tried drawing penises? I hear it can be very therapeutic

Just one

If you've got CFW you may also want to check out PKSM, it can function as a free offline alternative to the bank with all of the features offered by it among other things

How profound. Is it a self-portrait?

Nope, some random guy in the internet. I'm uncut, sage for not videogames or Pokémon.

Well let's see it big boy ;)

I'm not going to post my dick in a fucking Pokémon thread.
Give me your contact info

Thanks I'll check it out later.

what if you drew it in the design of a creative new pokemon?

Okay, here you go.
It's a wood type.

Don't use exp share, don't molest your pokemon for a free exp boost/focus band/+1 crit rate/even more dumb shit and change battle mode to set. Suddenly you're forced to use actual strategy and proper team planning to compensate for not being over leveled.

Ev training is piss easy. SOS+pokerus+power item means you only need to ko 7 pokemon with an ev yield of 1 to max a single stat.

Strictly worse than dhelmise, less flexible than trevenant. If it's gonna share a typing with 2 other pokemon available in the same gen, it better do something unique. And it doesn't.

Trevenant is Gen 6, you meant same game, correct?

Good idea, maybe I'll tie my arms behind my back and hold the stylus in my mouth while I'm at it

Kinky, mind if I join?

Trevenant is available in gen 7 games legally without transferring through bank is what I mean.

Haha, I know. I'm just a cunt.

I'm going to wait either for PKHB to update or a proper SM difficulty hack, whichever comes first.

only if I see a dick pokemon first

More like resist the temptation to give yourself massive advantages the AI doesn't have and win through your knowledge of game mechanics and not just having higher numbers.

There are already several pokemon that are essentially just penises.

Dio Vento STILL hasn't made Umbra Moon & Nova Sun? Yikes. I liked Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire, even if the difficulty felt like an autistic tourneyfags wet dream.

Practice Safe Sex, Boys!

I don't want "essentially a penis" I want a penismon

What pokemon did you guys use in your sun/moon playthroughs? Do you try to use any of the new pokemon or alolan forms in your playthrough?

Golisopod is fucking great, you just have to not be retarded to use it properly.

Alright. Here you are baby, a penismon.

that's a penis hungry mon

Toucannon turned out to be great. He gimps Guzma's Golisopod really hard.
Primarina was originally shit, then I saw it's z move and warmed up to it.
Tsareena ended up being my main attacker, and it helped a lot with the E4 thanks to Hi Jump Kick
Mudsdale cheeses boss fights really well, because you can heal stall with potions and jack up it's defense. Hits nicely as well
Alola Dugtrio wasn't that great, but it's design makes up for it.
Gumshoos wasn't as good as I thought it would be, and ended up just being a taunt+status mon

Sun and Moon were way too fucking easy. Nobody had more than 2 Pokemon and they were massively under leveled. Hope romhacks fix it. Clothing had less variety than X/Y too.

Shame they went with the story heavy route and it's not nearly as interesting as X/Y (Needing to understand the opinions of other people even if you don't agree with them is actually a far more solid thing to base a story on than what we have gotten since).

Next gen should be American South-East.

Also I forgot to ask, but I'm doing a playthrough now, and I can't decide if I should use Arcanine, Salazzle, or Flareon. Which one should I pick? My current team is Rowlet, Trumbeak, Slowpoke, and Magnemite.

The fuck were you expecting?

What would you rather have, that shitdick fisherman with 6 magikarp or the first route boss trainer on the first island that uses SR and forced switching with only 2 pokemon?

Salazzle is mediocre and flareon is ps3. Arcanine on the other hand has always been a solid choice.

My kneegrow

We already had Black and White though

Scandinavia or some other arctic region. They haven't done much with those types

What is Blaziken?

Colo/XD style teams. Not overwhelming most of the time, but solid and non-homogenous tactics that make opponents more than just speedbumps, actually forcing you to think.

Personally

I planned to ditch this before too long, but holy shit it was fucking awesome. Stayed in my team (and in first because it had a free item slot for amulet coin and was fast enough to avoid damage) the entire game
Pretty lame. It's useful when it's needed, but largly a bench warmer
Cool and very strong (even if it took forever to get the club for it), but it needs enemies with large teams where stats boosts actually work to really shine, and those don't happen often.
Near the end it was used for thief, weakening wild pokemon with super fang and basic utility
Like water starter they are amazing when they can be used, but there's so very rarely a reason not to just sweep everything with magneton.

I wish they would have given Golisopod the ability Freakout; Which would make Golisopod freak the fuck out when low in HP and force all Pokémon on the field to switch out.

The story behind this being that Wimpod is a child being forced into war, which obvious makes the kid run away from heavy conflict, then being traumatized over the years and becoming a complete lunatic. The polar opposite. Similar to how it's based off of Japanese shoguns/samurais right now. It would have been a great addition.

Oh well, I guess we'll find an unstable, battle-worn Pokémon with PTSD in another time.

Trails in the sky spoiled me

He hasn't fought Red yet.

I wish Pokémon had more variety with it's dialogue, changing with important characters depending on the situation. I was NOT attached the my characters mom, they could have had a moment where she hugged him and began telling you how worried she's been throughout your adventure but didn't want to hold you back.

Red is a chump. Always has been and always will be as long as he keeps that dead weight pikachu on his team.

I agree. Post-game isn't going to ease the slogfest that was the main game.

How can you call it a rehash if you admit that things change?

So you're just retarded.

How can you call tater tots potatoes if they aren't hashbrowns? I'm joking, I'm joking.

That's the north east. I think he's talking more about South america which would actually be pretty cool.

A pokemon game set in Africa or South america would both be cool. Imagine huge savannahs, ruined cityies that are still in use, plain deserts, All the delicious brown

user, we already have delicious brown.

Haumosexual

True. But imagine more of it.

Hau much more?

An entire generation's worth.

Well good luck with that, whites will always be the majority in any Pokémon game. If Kalos was accurate to the France of now, it would be Niggerland Extreme.

Pokemon with some mayan/aztec lore would be nice

Pokémon Sage is cancelled.

You mean 2D Japlandians of indeterminable race.

A shitty fangame.

nice meme, development is slow over the holidays but the next demo is pretty close.

Prove it.

JEWPANESE.

They are nips, user.

They're definetly not nips, nips aren't naturally blonde, like the other user said. Their race is unknown. They could be a bunch of Spaniards for all we know.

I don't think you understand japanese art and how their culture translates into it.

Then again. This IS a fantasy game where you make monsters fight each other and capture them in small balls, so the sky is the limit.
Japs just REALLY wanna be white.

I don't think you care enough to post some good sources to convince me to believe you. One excellent way of winning any argument is to give objective information instead of acting like a passive aggressive twat.

I'll follow your example then.

I think japs are finally starting to realize anime is trash

MVP of my play through. Araquanid is amazing.

Sure did love being in a battle for 20 fucking minutes against Haunter as it called help every maybe every 10 turns for only half of them to fail. I would've been finished in 2 minutes had hordes still been a thing.

Australia

Who the fuck greenlit this fuckers signature move "Shore Up"?

Adrenaline orb+lead with pressure, intimidate or unnerve.

It's just a synthesis for sandstorm that nothing else learns.

when did they boost synthesis? Because I haven't used it in a long ass time.
Still, shit gets pretty stupid in battles when you pair it with Sand Veil and a sandstorm. I've had people rage quit because all I did was heal in a sandstorm while they keep missing

Too much handholding/forced talking

Synthesis works the same as it always has. Shore up is just a recovery move that's boosted in sand. It's not exactly the same but it's close enough.

in sand or sandstorm?

It was absolute shit.

The dialogue was awful and cringey, and there was absolutely no need for the constant stream of A or B text options that have no impact beyond a single response.

The hand-holding is atrocious; from the Trainer's School to the constant quips and staring from the fucking Rotom-Dex. Why the fuck do you need that much guidance for a region this small?

The guardians of the islands are Smogon shit, the UB designs are out of place, everything is fucking slow, save for QuickStones McNoMoves. Also, no rapeclown.

The requirements for Hyper Training are retarded; needing to be Lv. 100 AND having to use items you have a small chance of getting from one of only SEVEN Festival stalls, per day, is maddening. Anyone that actually wants to have maxed out Pokes is going to breed them, since that's piss easy to do anyway - though doing so is still worse than it was in XY because of the awkward setup of the area the Day Care Center is in.

Grinding quizzes for Festival Coins sucks, and even then, you only have a chance at getting decent facilities for your Plaza, which you only get seven stalls for. Oh, and using those costs coins, too.

Worst of all though is the dogshit menuing that you have to suffer through for online mode. What the fuck was wrong with clicking a single button on the bottom screen to connect? Now you have to be in the Plaza, NOT doing other important shit like hatching eggs or even training your Pokes so you can get faggots to spam you with trade invites to show off their collection of shinys.

Fuck Sun & Moon.

The fuck else would sand mean?

It stops almost entirely after the first island.
No shit.
That's kinda the point.
There are plenty of new pokemon with 100+ speed. If you want speed that badly, look at stats before catching random shit.
Island scan on poni island on monday.
What exactly is the problem here? Hyper training is clearly only meant for event pokemon, legendaries or random shit people might get attached to, it's not meant do be done on every pokemon.
It almost seems like you're just looking for shit to complain about.

It really doesn't. There's constant handholding and forced conversations with characters throughout the game, usually every time you get through a route. It's really annoying.

I would have been down for gender exclusive evolutions.

No it fucking doesn't; you're constantly told exactly where it go on the map, you constantly get handed healing items and almost every single major battle you get healed before or after. Hell almost 100% of the time they give you an option to choose if you're ready to fight. It even keeps happening in the "post-game".

And you know full well that if gen 1 had enough space on the cart it would have done the same.

Maybe because they realized that throwing a forced battle at players when they were worn down was cheap artificial difficulty.

The handholding didn't get bad until X/Y, and S/M is even worse.

SMT games do this too, does this make them casual?

Would have been better than giving charizard 2 fucking megas.

Mons getting version-exclusive Megas in general was fucking retarded, especially when Charizard's alt is basically just a free shiny.

Ribombee

How about the removal of Triple and Multi battles? Or the fact the graphics are way to goddamn sharp and the game somehow runs worse than XY did? There are only 6 new Pokes that have more than a 100 base Speed, 2 of which are UBs, and the other is the Mew/Celebi/etc. of the gen. How do you feel about the Festival Plaza shit?

And it's not even released yet

If they kept them in Sun/Moon we'd have people running 3 Oricorios and spamming Revelation Dance. While that would be glorious to see it would be broken as fuck, considering that means doing 9 attacks in 1 turn.
Festival Plaza is shit though. PSS just werked, and was a whole lot more convenient. If you want to see if a friend is online you just look at the bottom screen. Meanwhile Plaza tucks the multiplayer away from the rest of the game, which goes against the franchise's idea that everyone should be playing together.

It's shit which is why we keep failing the global missions

Fuck regular multibattles, bring back turn tables.

Was anyone else disappointed that this theory wasn't true and that the Aether Foundation, Lillie and Gladion didn't turn out to be the Ultrabeasts? How awesome would it have been to have beings who had the power of a pokemon and the intelligence of a human? It would've broken new ground for the franchise by having a villain team that was so unlike all the others. Whereas their goals just amount to exploiting legendary pokemon to change the world in their image, this Aether Foundation would've been on an entirely different level. I didn't find the one we got to be intriguing as they didn't have as much of an impact on most of the plot like I thought they would.

This gen is still okay, but it would've been much better had Gamefreak taken a route akin to this.

No. I kept myself spoiler free so I knew about neither going into the game. Also judging by the comments already in this thread, it seems like you are alone in this feeling.

Like the Rotom in your pokedex?

The franchise was already treading too close to generic anime grounds with mega-evolutions as is. There doesn't need to be people who can transform into pokemon.
Team Skull was by far the best villain team in a long time because they avoided stupid shit like that. They had a simple goals reminiscent to Team Rocket.

This I can agree with. That has been done for the past 5 generations and needs to stop.

I was expecting more pokemon conservationists gone to the extreme, similar to Team Plasma and N's noble goals that got out of hand. They are so in denial that extinction and evolution are just another part of nature, they want to gather all pokemon and put them in a state where they can never be harmed by people or by each other. While maybe not the best, still better than the cheap Lysandre knock-off we got. I feel like bits of that was part of that plot were intended for Pokemon Z or something.

Golisopod, Ribombee and Wishiwashi were all the MVPs of my playthrough.
I was also autistic enough to catch all the Pokemon I actually wanted to use in Luxury Balls.

absolutely not, there was definitely unused potential with the story, but that would have shit up what was decent with even more woe-is-me anime bullshit among other things
what is almost any psychic type?
Alakazam comes to mind, Metagross is also basically a sentient supercomputer

I do think its weird that someone with goals as perverse as Lusamine, president or not could somehow fool the entirety of a well-meaning conservation foundation, without anyone saying anything, it seems like a lazier Team Plasma
though I think the game said something about Nihilego venom changing your personality so maybe she wasn't always AS bad

also not having an honest to goodness boss battle with Lusamine's final form was a massive missed opportunity, the entire transformation seems kind of pointless anyway if shes just going to do the same old thing

substitute/bulk up bewear is mvp

What stories would you have wanted instead? And what stories would you like for future gens?

For Sun and Moon and future generations.*

Other than completely nuking the metagame, the only thing I enjoyed from SuMo was this comic that some gook is making. I usually hate moeshit, but this one has me coming back everyday for updates.

What a slut

I cant find this fucking manga and it is killing me

The guy's name is unya.

he is a slavaboo

GEN7 improved on the waifus and pokemon but so many thing were shit:
matsurika best girl

Why's that?

Get the fuck outta here

at least delphox looked sorta male, this is going too far

everyone was complaining about every game having eight gyms and then elite four

Doing poke battles with things other than pokemon is probably on a list of "DO NOT DO THESE THINGS, EVER" that's hung up in game freak's office somewhere. Having something you can fight against but not being able to use it is probably what's cited. Even having Lusamine be a buffed Nihelgo would blow someone's gasket in upper management. However, the PMD series have had at least the last two games have final boss fights against kinda eldritch entities.

Boy I can't wait for him to get recruited into the JSF for two years like the other guy.

>tfw I didn't use spiderbro during the story of the game

I feel so bad about it that I might break my rule of only using mons of the specific gen just to use it complely next time when the next gen comes around

You might be able use spiderbro earlier this year in the 99% confirmed at this point third game if you're willing to buy the "mobile Skyrim" console. Gamestop might be making shit up because of marketing again, though.

I thought people weren't complaining about the gyms but instead that the league was the only thing to the games.

This is why people think Hitler was right.

If the map was done well, I'd dig it.
A kid-friendly version of the Hellfire Club would make a great villain team.

Wait, the Hellfire Club in Marvel or something else?

While that would be hilarious. Pokémon V Mutants. There is a real historical Hellfire club that that user was most likely talking about.
The Marvel one is loosely based off it.

Ah, I was gonna say they already replaced all the top members of the mutie club with a bunch of sadistic children who all killed off their parents for their money and power.

Seriously, kneegrow? bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Extraterrestrial_Pokémon

Wishiwashi looks like he's ready to die

That's why you have the items you're constantly given. Or the items you buy. You shouldn't have your pokemon worn down if you prepare properly.

Yes, obviously.

Was he really Korean?

Alright give me 6 pokemon to go full autism eggs for shines so I can flood wonder trade with failed offsprings.
Don't say Minior because I'm already doing that one.

What do you think the knife is for?

Trubbish

Bruxish

also any saucy nicknames you want them to be named would be great.

Mimikyu

Every Trubbish should be named after someone's waifu or fetish. I've also found that "You're Waifu" fits perfectly.

Name the trubbish "Your Waifu"

Dhelmise or Oricorio-Sensu. Both are hard to get, especially for people who haven't beaten the game.

I'm so erect right now, bro

Being forced to have one HM-whore in your party fucking sucks; if you want shit like rock smash, strength, surf, and fly back we already got that in the form of Pokemon riding

wait
wait
wait
lusamine merged with nihilego
and you DIDNT fight them directly?

did game freak make their game bad on purpose?

I wish I could have joined Guzma and Lusamine.

That was one of the best moves that game freak ever made. It's fucking annoying to have a useless HM slave in your slot. With the removal of HMs, I now have the option of having my full team on deck at all times.

Yep. She still uses her pokemon like a trainer. They get free stat boosts to try and make it less easy. Also the pokemon have angry expressions, which is kinda neat. I'd have preferred a proper fight though.
I think they didn't want to do a proper fight because they didn't like the idea of people hacking her as a regular pokemon.
She tries to attack in a cutscene afterwards, but gets KOd by the box legend.

I liked the fact that they made the Alolan version a dragon type, but it really pisses me off that it can barely learn any dragon type moves. And the dragons moves that it can learn are all physical. Sigh

It learns Draco Meteor

I want a Grass/Psychic starter based on Opium or Peyote. I would say Grass/Fairy, but that type combo is overused.

fuck Grass/Psychic

WHERE IS THE GOD DAMN GRASS/FIRE POKEMON?

I want a Mexican Dancer to be Fire/Grass either that, or a regional variant Ludicolo. Grass/Fire.

Isn't the red Oricorio design based on Mexican dancing? It isn't grass type but it's still pretty neat.

To be more specific, it is based on Spanish dancers, namely, the flamenco, but I could see how a foreigner could easily get them mixed up.

It's an Ice Cream/Frozen Yogurt situation. I still love Oricorio though.

Yuck no thanks. Dragon Pulse and Dragon Breath are better

One poison jab, and he's out for the count. Honestly, grass/fairy is not a good combo. Fire/fairy, dark/fairy, and ghost/fairy are more interesting

Of course, steel/fairy is the best type combo

It's strictly better than synthesis because synthesis is gimped in rain. Also better PP.

It's also better than recover because it's boosted in sand at the same PP.

Are you able to name three pokemon that carry poison jab as a coverage move?
Obviously you're never going to just send a grass/fairy in on a poison type and hope for the best. It's a great typing that resists a lot of common stuff and the only surprise coverage it really has to worry about is fire and ice.

Dark/Fighting as well, one "Rough Play" and it's fucked.
As for Dark/Fairy, I want a Jack-in-the-box pokemon.

Fire/Fairy, in Mexican Culture there is a "Toro Pirotechnico" tradition, which translates to "Firework Bull", which would make an excellent Mon', in my opinion, but people would probably complain about it being a Taurus clone. To fix this, I'd give it huge fucking horns.

Ghost/Fairy would be a Chihuahua with a Ouija board glass as a monocle. Chiouija
The reason it would be part Fairy is due to Chihuahua's being rumored to have healing properties, namely Asthma.

Alright I'm starting to hatch my Minior eggs, I need a good nickname for these 250 exploding rocks

Give them Arabic names

Pop Rocks

Color me surprised

Fruit Gushers, Pistachio, or Flintstone Gummies

skittles

I'm going with one now. It works on multiple levels

That's probably the fastest way to redpill a person, no pun intended.

Who's gonna get the quints?

You know it's a satirical parody of feminist propoganda, right?

Just pick an Alebrije and tone down the colors

you know that fact doesn't make it wrong, right?

If you'd agree with a fallacious argument just because it confirms your bias then the problem lies with you.

I think most can agree gen 1,2, and 5 had the best plots. Keep plot out of cutscenes and into the background. Leave some details up to people's imagination. Team Skull and Guzma were great. Personality is more important than scale, so enough with these saving the world plots and make sure the antagonists leaves an impression. Otherwise, Sun and Moon were great. You just go around and get a feel of the place. I don't want to get all "yay diversity" nonsense, but the culture was nice. Not only did I want to visit Alola, but I now see why so many people are drawn to Hawaii.

I guess that doesn't really answer your question, so in short, in a game like pokemon, style is more important than plot. That's because it should be a game about exploration, so make a world people want to explore. So make a plot that centers not around the legendaries or the player, but around the locale and the environment. So I guess exploring the ruins of not-Rome and all their ancient traditions, including pokemon gladitorial battles. Maybe explore the wilderness of Iceland, with all their extreme volcanic activity, fjords, and elf sex. And have the evil team just be some guys up to no good, or at the very least, good intentions gone wrong. I'm playing an eleven year-old boy, not the savior of the world.

HMs were always good because it forced you to have different types in your team. You needed a Bird for flying, a Water for surfing and waterfall, a fighter for s>>11685188
mashing rocks etc. Also overcoming obstacles with HMs made sense as you would normally not always find nice terrain on your travels in the wild. Only logic to make your pokemon help you.

And I never needed an HM slut for beating the game. You can distribute all the HMs to 6 pokemon which will leave you with 1 to 2 hm moves per mon. Anyone who wants to beat the game with muh perfect team is retarded because you cannot EV train anyways before you beat the game. So the first team is always for exploring the world and beating the game only.

GEN3 and GEN5 did have Ayyliums but you did not travel to ayylium realms and they were treated as regular mons, not "UBs". This whole go rescue Lusamine in alien land does not fit into the game and it opens a door for future SciFi faggotry.

and gyms and the elite 4 are what pokemon always was about. You play the game to become the number one. Now removing gyms for pseudo trials only looks like an alibi move and weakens this "becoming one" part.

It would be better if that shit was a skill separated from their four moves

You are the reason the games are obsolete.

I thought the fact you'd have a typing disadvantage and the fact people tend to go for their favorite or most powerful Pokemon to make a team; all of which are very rarely of the same type. Without the need to have HM moves affecting your party, you can have room to change tactics which is good since they don't really give you much of any move slots in the first place.

(((b8c034)))

Actually, yes I can. Over a dozen, in fact.

There are a shit ton of Pokemon that can learn Poison Jab, and many on the list have a double weakness to fairy. Poison Jab is essential for these Pokemon.

Hot damn, that's a good idea.

I'm still sad that Kommo-o won't get Shell Smash. Fucking false hope.

Fuck user. That boss is the first thing I thought when I was thinking on that concept. Just wanted to be a little less obvious. You read me like a book.

That fucking jack-in-the-box used to give me nightmares when Donkey Kong 64 came out.

I would sure love another DK game; they don't make them like they used to ;_;

Me as well. Currently breeding to get the perfect Cutiefly

Fucking awful. I wanted to like it so much.

Its one of the worst changes. If I understand it correctly you cant fish anywhere you like onlywhere there is a bunch of rocks. When there are air bubbles around the rocks you get something other than a magikarp. You get one shot at that before you just have magikarp. No more tiered rods only one. Ive missed out on a ton of pokes probably because I just dont wanna fish

Its stats basically make it a bad Slowbro with much worse types and abilities. It's a shame since I really the design.

Hopefully at least things like Golurk, Regirock or Cofagrigus can get Shore Up in a later game. They're really begging for a reliable recovery move and could justify learning it.

Just finished this. The main quest was absolutely shit. They took all control and ability to explore away from the player and just railroaded them from one shitty cutscene to the next. Honestly one of the worst Pokemon games I've played, normally this shit is my crack and I'm through it in days but I seriously had to struggle to enjoy this game. It's gonna be a bitch playing through it again on Switch if that's true.

I'm just glad I'm done with the main story and can focus on eugenics and battles now.

….Why decide to play it again instead of waiting to see if it's a good experience instead of the same bull on a different console?

Mainly: I'm a Pokemon addict. I'll play any main series Pokemon regardless of quality. Plus this is the first Pokemon game on a home console since XD, that alone means I'll buy it and play through it if only so I can breed and battle on a big screen with a controller. Essentially ever since the Pokemon Stars rumors started I've know Nintendo has me, and there is not a damn thing I can do about it.

If it helps I'm not like this with any other series. I just love breeding and battles so much you could make the rest of the game totally unbearable and I'd still play it. And actually breeding this gen is great, as is PvP.

Terrible. The console game's likely gonna be shittier too since I doubt Gamefreak is gonna toss it to someone competent.

Damn, user.

Yeah, I know I have a problem. That said I'm not running around telling anyone else to buy the shit, in fact if it's terrible I'll tell everyone like I did with my post here: . I may be an addict but I'll be damned if that will make me a shill.

This thread is goin nowheres town so just dump lewd pokegirls until auto sage.

Could always ween yourself off with other breeding games.

Is pic two lewd enough for you?

Shameful display!

More like

It's based on Flamenco, which did originate in Spain. So yeah, kinda.

Anyone here want to help me evolve my hunter? I have no friends at all or have any clue on how to make that request in the plaza.

On moon.

I still think that 'Ultra Space' is a dimension that creates creatures based on the ids of people in Alola. The UBs have designs that mirror the major human characters too much to be mere coincidence, as well as the beasts representing human vices like gluttony.

Last episode of XYZ was sad as fuck

And what the hell is a pokemon master?

You're giving Gamefreak too much credit.

I am. At least I can hold on to this delusion until the third version or whatever the next game is.

Meh overall.

I think Gamefreak was going to go with a story involving humans being turned into Pokemon, but then they hacked up the story to remove that. That's why the ending felt so rushed, IMO.

The only difference between finish in S/M and past games it that its actually possible to know which tiles have the rare pokemon without looking it up along with being easily manipulable with soft resetting/re-enterting the area. You're also no longer gated by the rod tiers where you pretty much never bothered finish until you got the super rod.

Its a much better system then the past games. The only pokemon that take time to catch are Dratini because you can't easily re enter the screen to get the bubbles to spawn. You can however soft reset the game and retry until you find one. Sure you can't fish anywhere with water but it changes little, you would still have needed to go to a specific area of titles to get the rare pokemon. Except no bubbles so those pokemon are 1% encounter rate no matter what instead of 10/20% with bubbles.