Still no Harry Potter MMO

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/7c6y5p.png
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Book Seven was about Traveling through Europe, sticking to the backroads to find a number of artifacts in dungeons and such to save the world.

…And they didn't make an RPG out of it.

The most cancerous community possible.

We'd be better off with a single-player RPG. MMOs are shit.

a harry potter light gun game would be better

you can use the lightgun as a wand and cast special spells by drawing a fightan input

Why Harry Potter? JK Rowling has proven herself to be giant liberal pandering hack these days. I used to be a kid too who liked the series. But there are so many better pieces of media for an MMO instead.

Only issue is that nobody can make an MMO without copying that retconning piece of shit game known as World of Warcraft. Which was never good at all in the first place, just like shit like RuneScape and Adventure Quest. You were just a dumb kid still forming their own tastes and interests, just like the rest of us.

until they make supernatural MMO

here, just read this
>>files.catbox.moe/7c6y5p.png

thanks fam

The group that attempted to make a fan Harry Potter MMO got DCMA'd but have since decided to take what they'd got and continue it with their own OC Donut Steel setting. Maybe it'll scratch that itch.

Don't give anyone that idea.

Good for them.
Hope they can make something decent out of it.

Why not Artificial Academy: Lewd Spells edition instead of that?
Why not Academagia in 3D instead?

Because nobody cares about the fucking writer and those that do are the pathetic sacks of shit that never care about the medium. They only care about virtue signaling themselves or lambast all the people they disagree with.
Unless "JK Rowling" turned out to be a character in the game or the mechanics were changed in a bad way because of her, she shouldn't even be a factor in judging the game.

Alright, I've read that thread. There's a neat idea there, but it has some problems. And then there's a lot of other things that aren't mentioned very much but they should.

Spells having verbal and somatic components means you'd need both a spoken word and a movement to cast them.
You can easily do the movement with the mouse but what about the words you say? Have them in a menu like voice communication in most FPS, making them a combination of keys?
Or have a menu where you assign a word to every gesture and change it's effect that way?

Plus, why does nobody ever talk about magical implements properly? Wands are just a simple one, what about Staves, Rods, Rings, Orbs, Tomes, Scepters, Crystals?
You'd think that the most simple thing to do was to include those things and make them like regular weapons in that they progress through tiers (Iron Wand, Steel Staff, Diamond Tome) increasing the magnitude of your spells, much like better weapons make a warrior strike harder.

blah blah blah jk rowling hates video games yadda yadda yadda ea games were using movie licenses talky talky

1 and 2 were the best, after that things got way too grim and less and less magic came into play as it went on, by 6 wands are just stick guns.

But why? What a waste of potential

Is Malfoy trying to figure out whether Snape is fondling her shitter or her period hole?

She's jewish

He's calling her a mudblood.

gonna need more of this

That's gonna be tough, because Akabur's Witch Trainer just ended up being 95% chibi shit.

Pity they didn't keep making RPGs like the ones on the gameboy.

In the HP universe, the wand is the ultimate magical channelling instrument. Other things apparently work too, but the wand is superior. The wand is also "special" in that they're all different, so HP fans probably would want to keep their wand.

Like said, it be better off as a single player RPG than a MMO.

Agreed, 3 was stretching it especially when they brought in time shenanigans, and after 3 it just went downhill.

I know she's already very rich but it's a waste of money. I don't understand.

I wish they hadn't fucked up 4, it was my favourite of the books.

Same. Goblet was okay at best, but I hated how the tone shifted from magical adventures to the grim angst of the wizard world.

I always pointed that out. Why the fuck were they turned into guns?

At least some of the early singleplayer games are good

This. I wanted to see some unconventional type of magic battles, or even elemental shit, but all we got was green and red lighting bulbs flying around at top speed.

Even more disappointing was that Death Eaters and other Dark Wizards were practically reduced to being muh ebil nazis in the end.

because when they first got them they were fucking level 0 noskill nabs, and by 6 they leveled up and pumped Magic Missiles like any sane wizard would.

how are kid wizards supposed to be badass with literally no experience, a few artifacts, and a handfull of newb spells?

The movie cut out a lot of the better bits and most of the plot, too, so the tone shift felt even worse.

For a goddamn series about wizards going to a school of wizards, you'd think they'd try to get the magic right.

What a shitty series. JK Rowling is a communist hack who is proof the benefits system should be cut so more people like her die

That and making Gryffindor superior to all the other houses and everything. I miss when all the houses had friendly rivalries of some sorts with each other, but now it's just a piss contest between Gryffindor and Slytherin.

Pretty much this. The film versions of 1 and 2 were good, but the rest ranged from okay to bad.

As dumb as Hufflepuff is, I'd have loved to see more of it. Also Ravenclaw.

Fund it. We /deatheaters/ when.

When they chucked all the Slytherin kids in the dungeon was when I checked out, they're fucking kids. Also, what kind of society is it where everyone bases there entire lives on what boarding house they were in at school?

Hufflepuff may be the objectively shittiest house even if I like it, but it sure has a comfy common room.

Just imagine a Holla Forums guild made up of Slytherin going around bullying all the Huffs and mudbloods.

You need all four pieces of the puzzle to complete the whole.

Bringing the game down faster than they can look.

next you'll want a twilight mmo

Can't believe that thread was 3 months ago. Good to see it was saved, wanted to check into that awesome "radial menu idea for spell casting" from 10933217.

How many fangames have to get DCMA'd before people realize they should come up the OC version first and then get people interested by showing it's inspired by Harry Potter.

sl/v/therin? With a snake Pepe? And possibly a purple shield behind it?

Rowling was never competent enough to write something more than childrens books. That's why the magic is never more imaginative than basic pew pew laser garbage.

Infact it seems to have gotten worse as the series progressed.

People are working on fixing it with mods.

The majority of mods don't get DCMA'd. A DCMA'd mod is comparatively rare to mods that go on without a problem.

kys

She should have stuck to childish adventures. The early books were lighthearted fun, but I'd say from 4 on, things just got progressively edgy, the movies got edgy even earlier, pretty sad that she self-sabotaged like that, what went from a cute adventure novel for kids somewhat in the vein of The Hobbit turned into cheap fanservice for wrist-slitting teenagers

Don't even get me started on how she's trying to milk the franchise for all that it's worth with this prequel shit. 5 movies? even George Lucas wasn't that semetic.

Daily reminder that the GBC games had fantastic music

See Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. It's literally a single player MMO.
I just want a game with a massive explorable world Even if the open world meme doesn't apply, where I can be anyone I want to be exploring the Harry Potter lore.

This. Also, once they started to blend more and more Londres places it became less and less imaginatively. What about Diagon Alley? There should be more places like that in Harry Potter's world. I know that Diagon Alley is in london, but the place doesn't really excists and it's exclusively for wizards.