Razer 3-screen laptop stolen

archive.fo/CgOpG
Someone stole lazer's triple screen prototype laptop at CES, kek.

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN!

It's trivial to have tracking tech in a laptop. I won't be surprised if the guy who did it gets caught within the week.
The laptop itself reminds me of that Thinkpad with the second screen on the side, except more useful. Only problem I have with it is that if you drop it you're going to be down by a lot of money. Also having a laptop with 3 4k monitors is just asking for it to be stolen.

I stole it AMA

what's your name?

You know, my first thought was "I bet someone steals this in no time". I had no idea how right I was.

How much melanin is in your skin?

who are you?

are you a wizard?

Jesus christ how impractical

I am Filipino, not white enough to be a law-abiding citizen but not black enough to be tech illiterate

When you finally get caught what will be the next step in your master plan?

So how much did you get from the bet?

how long until some shithole like Gizmodo or one of the other gawker sisters gets an exclusive interview with the thief?

I don't know if I'd go as far as wizard, but I do get weird premonitions constantly. I'd find it weird that my instincts predict shit regularly, but it happens so often it doesn't even seem odd at this point.

Getting caught will be part of my plan, after that the next step of my master plan would be to crash Razer with no survivors

But why?

Mind you, predicting this thing would get stolen isn't exactly hard. Expensive shit you can fit in a backpack, gee, I wonder what will happen?

fuck off linus

It would still be pretty ballsy to just take an expensive prototype with security potentially watching.

Don't forget to check out Dbrand™!

For what purpose other than to make it dissapear?

ow

Can it run crysis?

Did the jews ask you to do it?

Pls try to see if i will ever get a gf

Found you, infiltrated kike.

Why would Razer ask him to steal their own stuff?

Fucking incompetent hacks.

Insurance money

Im bad at being a jew then, considering my cocks still got his sweaterneck

It's gonna happen.

So is the laptop homosexual or does it just desperately want to be a ZX Spectrum?

The funny thing is that the laptop will end up in the hands of someone dumb enough to use it in public

It doesn't need to be used in public to be tracked since it's using Intel chips. As long as the thief connected to the Internet, it can be traced to a location. Literally the only thing this can be used for is reverse engineering by a competitor.

RGB is the new fad. Because when you're on the move and battery life is important you want to glow like a gay supernova while you work. Also companies can't think of any more ways to innovate, and people caught on that they were just releasing the same thing again and again.
Your mention of the Speccy makes me want to put a rainbow stripe on my Thinkpad somewhere, but it'll be mistaken for a gay pride thing

They will be able to sell it to the chinese and we will have shitty knockoffs in a few months.

The Chinese are the ones who fucking manufactured everything in that god damn laptop.
They don't need to have it sold to them. They can make the knockoffs right off the line.

I always laugh when companies complain about how China doesn't respect patents and copyrights.
Nigga, you sent your shit to get made in a fucking communist country, what the fuck did you think was going to happen?

RGB is a reddit meme

Some people just have too much money.

The only things I care for from Razer are their mice.
In my experience, they tend to have a good life span and I use them heavily.

Jesus fucking Christ, and here I am questioning if I really need speakers and a second monitor.

You do, even shit tier speakers are better than anything any monitor comes with.

Shit is so cash when watching movies in DTS and Dolby audio. Though I mainly use headphones.

The ZX uses a 4 color stripe so you'd probably be safe.

Speakers depends on how you like to roll. Personally I've grown rather fond of wearing headphones when I play games on my PC.

As for monitors? I have 3.
I can have a show going on one while I game on another and the third one for chat rooms and board monitoring.
Or sometimes i'll have a console hooked up to one of them or whatever.
It is really convenient to have than it is to have not.
It would be difficult for me to actually go back to just one.

speakers are alright if you find headphones uncomfortable/fatiguing to wear, even the comfy headphones like akg with the headhands that go up and down or sennehesirs top end shit

My sound system uses more power than my PC. Sure you can get headphones that sound better than your monitor, but if you want the good stuff you need autism, an understanding of digital audio, to filter through a bunch of hipsters pretending they're audiophiles and disregard everything they say, and get some expensive shit.

Get speakers. Even if you have hearing problems(aka not an audiophile), a good pair of speakers will improve your gaming 100x. Headphones are fine if you live in a paper walled apartment but you don't get to feel the sound and hear the acoustics of the room/stuff happening around you.

I use headphones the most and they are comfy.
As for the second monitor, I find it really is just a distraction, It ins't that big of a deal though. A third monitor sounds fucking retard.

second monitors is to "increase space and things become less cluttered" but I feel like that's unnecessary and workspaces exists.

Just as long as the audio doesn't sound like its being farted through a tin can into my ears it really doesn't matter all that much to me.

How so?

A second monitor is for having reference material up for whatever you're doing on the main monitor. For games it's almost entirely useless except a few. At three, if you're going for a panoramic thing, may as well just say fuck it and get a headset.

That's a reasonable position, user.
it's been a while ever since the last time i saw one

i have that monitor and bought it for a hundred bucks six years ago. it still works perfectly and is without a doubt the best monitor i have ever owned in my life doesn't have HDMI input though

So great case of dumb luck. Basically this guy gets his laptop back after having it stolen pretty much because he didn't have a password and the theif just wanted a working computer.

Multiple monitors definitely improve my workflow even with workspaces/virtuawin (on my Windows box). For programming it's practically a must and is at the very least immensely useful for DAWs; trading; Photoshop/GIMP/Illustrator work; video editing; etc.

I usually use workspaces to separate computing contexts and actual monitors for screen real-estate within a given conputing context. For example: I could have mutt + skype/irc/tox in one workspace; an mpd client in another; multiple emacs frames in yet a third; some API references in a fourth; and an (a set of) all-inclusive dicking around workspace(s) as the concluding context. I could even have yet another where I spawn a bunch of terminal instances for managing/tweaking my system. The possibilities are endless but I typically stick with what I'm familiar with and not overwhelmed by.

The only exception to the above template is that I usually have two workspaces dedicated to programming, with one filled by active buffers/frames of code that is mostly intra-application (or at least doesn't really require me to reference new and external APIs all that often) and another that has a browser instance for referencing APIs alongside a frame that contains API-heavy buffers.

How are you going to circumvent the tracking software?

DUDE LAZER LMAO

Nevermind a second screen I guess.

What a fucking retarded idea for a laptop.

Pics or gtfo.

I wish I had that webm of the flip pouring flour on himself.

Don't worry, guys. Razer™ just unknowingly donated their laptop to us at LinusTheftTips™, also, check out Audible™ and their wide selection of audio books!

Reminds me of this. Although in all fairness I'd rather have the thinkpad. Also fuck RAZER GAYMEN GEAR. The thief should burn the fucking thing

Oh who the fuck am I kidding, it'll be even worse in the final product

When I'm working at home I have the second monitor with the work email open and rainwave or some stream for background noise. At all other times its turned off.

Computers are for work, nerds. But if you need to get one, buy this.

Apple needs to burn to the ground for popularizing shit hardware at moronic prices.

So does Nintendo.

It's no meme. It's the best.
Get a job.

2/10
It's pretty stale man

It's the best device on the market for anyone who actually does work.

I'm sure that belongs to Linux. Cunt.

so do all other prebuilt and cumsole companies

Not even for programming, actually.

What the fuck is that abomination?

All "industry standard" rendering programs release for windows and mac os, so it really doesn't matter as long as your pc can handle it.
It's pretty easy to find a laptop comparable to a macbook for half the price.

I dunno, I find the ability to shitpost while playing games very useful.

That graph is definitely wrong.

Protip: Most users doesn't mean being the best.

I doubt it's very statistically accurate. When I see these studies I think to myself "Where am I in this number?." GNU/Linucks is my work platform of choice (honestly id be a BSDfag if I wasn't so lazy) but yet I highly doubt I am included in this in any way.

smh tbh

Some programs just don't fit on one.
Huge lewd wallpapers alone are worth it.

FIY: Hipster webdevelopers are considered developers.

Oh God, I forgot about that. Anything interesting and not gimmicky show up?

Don't you want to be the coolest guy at your LAN party? And judging by the specs, also the richest.

I wonder if Dolby Atmos will truly allow you the immersive experience of hearing something sneak up from behind you unsheathing their katana.

The only wallpaper you'll ever need

fucking pleb

no u

Other than Ryzen and VEGA from AMD, No. It was Gamer™ machines and vomiting RGB everything.

You see this shit on the back of pic related laptop? THAT'S a watercooler and a secondary power supply that has it's own rolling traveling case because how fucking huge it is. This year was shit.

You'd think someone would get the innovation prize for innovating, like figuring out how to make use of fluid densities changing with heat to make watercooling work without power or making a sound box that uses less power.

fuck i mean less heat, heat is a big issue with sound boxes. "power" counts too but still.

Ahahahahah. Where's security?
Proof that USA is klepto-central.

We have a lot of niggers, to be fair. I've had like three bikes stolen by niggers in my life and I don't even live around them.

At one point does it stop being a fucking laptop ? This shit must be heavy as fuck and probably a pain to travel with, not to mention it being without a doubt more fragile than a lighter, cheaper laptop.

You are very obviously totally unaware of high-end laptops.

I saw this anime years ago and can't for the life of me remember what it is.

Please help

The cunt at starbucks writing javascript for an artsy web project while sipping on his latte is considered a "developer" too, this graph means exactly fuckall.

I'm betting that Razer put out this fake story that it was stolen in order to advertise it.
HEY RAZER, WATCHA DOIN'