Pixel editor

Fuckā€¦.I had saved a sprite creator/editor programme rip from one of the Amateur Game Dev threads, can't find it on my back up anywhere. I can't even remember the name. Pretty sure it wasn't any open source thing, but may have been. Nothing rings a bell when I search. Any idea what it was and anyone got a link?

Other urls found in this thread:

krita.org/en/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Was it Aseprite?

Bump for pixelshit

iDraw?

Yes! user, I'm pretty sure it was. I only got to use it a few weeks and had a wipe, I was sure I'd backed up the installer but nope.

Thanks man! I'll check the Share thread(though I found it in a AGD thread not main share thread originally).

Any new games with good pixel art?

Last pixel art game I played that's recent was that rhythm dungeon crawling/"rogue-like" game, and it was pretty decent. Not ground breaking but it was solid.

Deadbolt
Devil Daggers (sorta)
Hyper Light Drifter
Mother Russia Bleeds
Slain!

As far as >good goes I dunno. I'm just listing off some games that came out recently that have something resembling pixel art.

Any good old 2D game.
It is only questionable if it is still pixel art or not. Especially because many good old 2D games got re-releases, which includes bigger sprites and better resolution.

As much as I respect the dev, Deadbolt is average looking at best. Hyper Light Drifter and Mother Russia Bleeds have shitty pixel art and are also bad games.

Owlboy looks fantastic because muh 9 years, but the game itself sucks I heard.

Ok found it what I was looking for.
AoE2 is only game I know with community which still produces some good looking stuff.

Pixel art could make a return someday as a movement to work beyond the stagnation that preceded it. A renaissance.

Aseprite is free as long as you compile it yourself, it wasn't a rip.
I mght try to compile the latest version, I'll throw it up on MEGA for you if I do.

Why did i greentext that?
Fuck

Guys, what do you like better, the pixel art in Shantae and the pirate's curse, or the art in half genie hero?

Pls respond.

I feel Pirates Curse looks better. Half Genie's style could be done better.

So there is hope then, there are still people that like pixel art. Awesome.

I'd have to see more of both but they look just above average on their respective styles for me

Honestly, I enjoy both as long as they're both well done. You can have shitty pixel art just as much as you can have shit vector art.

this tbh fam

she looks like a cutout in the 2nd pic, if you look closely you can see a light blue line around her legs

I think that's concept art, the UI is weird too

i love vector art and never was a big pixel art fan so im pretty biased

Check out shrouded in sanity. A dark souls rip but the pixel art is great and its got a eerie horror vibe like OG resident evil and silent hill.

The only real caveat is that vector requires sufficient frames and absolutely no tweening to look good. Pixel sprites on the other hand can often get away with a 2 or 3 frame animation cycle.

Different strokes for different folks.

Krita is a general drawing program, but it can do pixel art as well. Video related is a bit old, Krita has had a new major release since and comes with some pixel brushes already included.
krita.org/en/

Bumping for this information.

Pixel art is better but pirates curse is a qt

not bad

Those are fucking beautiful, user.