Genuine Grim Politics in Vidya

Lotta circlejerking about kojimberg's MGS2 hackery, and lots of lazy threads, so let's talk about games that actually got it (mostly) right:
Killer 7

>Main Villains are: molesting suicide bombers, a cult leader, a pedophile hitman, China, US Secretary of Education and also power rangers

This game is filled with it, mate. I suspect that if Suda knew anything about Israel he would have had that in there too.

Other urls found in this thread:

halopedia.org/Interplanetary_War
halopedia.org/Insurrection
halopedia.org/Spartan_2
halopedia.org/UNSC
halopedia.org/ONI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

too bad killer7 is fucking trash to play on a controller gives me x10 cancer

What?

Anyway, what other games not Deus Ex it devolves into fake moonlanding and outright Area 51 memes do a good job of this?

shooting with the joystick is gay, if i had a mouse it would be less gay, even better a lightgun

Projet Eden to a small extend. The city is built on top of the older city, the lower you go, the poorer people are. A part of the population decided not to engage with the overly controlled and expensive top-level and decided instead to move to the lower levels. You play as a some police unit investigating a series of murder, venturing deeper into the remains of the old city.
There's something weird about visiting old places that were just shut down while more luxious things would be built on top. The uncontrolled destruction of the lower levels is also shilling. It also looks like a metaphore, as progress is built on top of destruction, and yet still blatantly ignores the damage down. Anyway, at some point you meet a guy who's in deep shit because the place is infested by mutants and his tribe needs medical attention. Your character replies to fuck off because they lost police support when they decided to leave the top level. It makes sense, but it's also crazy to think they'd go away by choice (it's a really weird moment in that Tomb-Raider fest).

Anyone played Judge Dredd?

Holy fucking shit. My fucking nigger. Project Eden is such an underrated classic. Thanks for mentioning it user. You've made a man happy today if you mention Primal on ps2 I will suck your dick

Emulate it and bind a mouse to the controls, there you go.

Killer7 is a fine game except for the most important part, the gameplay. So yeah, trash/10

This. Killer 7 is one of the most ill-conceived rail shooters ever made. They should have made it an actual FPS like XIII which also had primitive cel-shading. And why does the company that made KYS 7 even call itself a manufacturing company? Last I checked: they didn't make ball bearings or screws.

I always hate this "dey predicted this" bullshit when they were largely ideas floating around at the time.

It'd be like writing a book about a war between the US and Russia and then when it happens everyone starts sucking your dick how you predicted something that people have discussed before.

Fair enough. I just don't have anything mindblowing.

That said, Persona 2 was impressively redpilled on Hitler in that his appearance as a stereotypical villain was merely a creation by widespread bluepilled rumors in society

I never heard of this. How so?

The Persona series is generally about metaphysical shit, like people's thoughts, dreams, ideas, personal issues, etc. coming to life in one way or another.

Persona 2 in particular focuses on contemporary social rumors being spread around, ranging from crazy UFO theories to crazy ideas about Hitler, making him some insane transhumanist who seeks the power of space magic to end the Earth and create a new master race utopia above it
At the end of Innocent Sin, the antagonist makes fun of mankind for having been so stupid to believe all that shit

I think he is trying to communicate?

Not him, but I fucking played Primal but couldn't progress further because of a bug that wouldn't let me progress in the underwater area. Got interested in the game because of the demo and art direction shown. Pretty good shit. Sort of like Buffy the Vampire Slayer if it were good and not written by a hack known as Joss Whedon.

They're both cut from the same cloth of pretentious faggotry that ruined video games.

Killer 7 is pretentious alright but No more Heroes? Let it Die?

I NEED THIS

I remember vaguely this game, mainly because of how shiny the big guy is. Don't remember it being this interesting, though.

I can probably rip my copy, but it's in French unfortunately… it's not that amazing (and the political angle is really tame), but it's still an enjoyable game if you're no too picky (there's a lot of awkward backtracking, and it gets repetitive at times). Definitely give it a go for the ambiance though.

Anyway, I just remembered Beyond Good And Evil. It looks really cartoonish, but the story involves the government pretending there's no alien invasion, that everything is cool and those "alien friends" should be welcomed with wide arms, while they really abduct people and process them (to make super soldiers? food? Can't remember). It's also not super dark as no one seem to care/know what is really going on except for the main character.

It's easy as shit, how do you have a problem with it?

This. How about Lollipop Chainsaw, does that ever get pretentious?

But what would a Frenchman (or possible Belgian) know about that, amirite?

Binary Domain is like that, but in reverse.

SMT

And then he blows up the world. The sequel, Persona 2: Eternal Punishment is a bit more grounded, as the party are all adults, and focuses on Alex Jones tier NWO stuff.

SMT is incredibly redpilled on the JQ, especially 1, 2 and SJ. 4A gets some credit for tying Yahweh to Jewish Physics.

(checked)
Lollipop Chainsaw knew exactly what it was, a cheesy game about a short-skirted cheerleeader killing zombies, and just had fun with it. It never got pretentious at all, I had way more fun with it than I expected.

Metal Gear has always been excellent at presenting an accurate parody of the future.

Hotline Miami is looking more and more relevant every day

Germans are getting fed up with this shit too

True, but you implied you were a french speaker. I'll give the French credit though, they banned the niqab. Of course then the leftists of the country tried to blame the ban for why there have been attacks.

I heard about refugee housing getting burnt in Germany, which they keep of the mainstream news. It's probably the reason why there hasn't been a sequel to beyond good and evil, can't have the plebes get any funny ideas

sage for offtopic

Are we both talking about the game that gave us the line "God was a dream of good government" here?

Won't do fucking shit. Hopefully now that Trump is about to take power, European nationalists can wipe away the rising tide of shitskins.

Meoe

There is a lot more.
Doesn't the game start with the dismantling of all intercontinental ballistic missiles?
Then whatever ending you choose (Because it was a great game like that) shows all of it was a lie?

So yeah, OP is a faggot.

It never comes up in the games but pretty much every faction's politics and governance in the Halo universe is completely fucked.

The UNSC is a totalitarian military regime borne out of UN being given actual military authority after conflicts with neocommunist and neofacist groups throughout the 22nd centuary. They figurehead the democratic goverments on earth, and oppressed and didn't bother to support it's outer colonies to the point of their rebellion, then fought a brutal, even more oppressive war trying to stamp out the resulting insurrectionists to the point where they finally had ONI (which is future space super NSAFBICIA) kidnap 75 kids to train to be their supersolider secret police force, replaced them with clones that would die """naturally""" so their parents wouldn't know, and put them through grueling training and horribly risky aiugmentations that killed or crippled half of them, and then put them out on the field to assassinate and kidnap inssurection leaders by the time they were 14. And said program was created by one of the least morally shitty people at ONI.

Technically i'm being a little harsh on the UNSC here but as somebody on the outer colonies that's how they'd see it. Anyways, Civilian/intellgience stuff in Halo lore is actually pretty cyberpunk, in general, as well, which, again, is something that never really comes up in the games. It's a shame because it's some of the most interesting parts of the novels and there's a ton of potential there for cool games.The entire human side of the halo universe is basically cyberpunk x starship troopers or 40k, but toned down to be hard sci fi.

Actually i'm probably going to need to split this up into seperate posts because the Covenant's situation is super complicated, as is the Forerunners. Further reading in case anybody cares:

halopedia.org/Interplanetary_War (which includes/links to the pages on the Jovian Moons, Rainforest, Delambre, and Mars Campaigns/wars)
halopedia.org/Insurrection
halopedia.org/Spartan_2
halopedia.org/UNSC
halopedia.org/ONI

1/3(?)