Paladins

Why did it die so fast?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/386360/discussions/0/490121928352203678/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because its generic shovelware trash.

Because it's a shit game and it didn't have as much marketing as Actiblizzard had for Overmeme.

Because Hi-Rez was CORRUPTED

meh to ok tier game with trash tier devs

Never support Tencent. NEVER

post lewds

this guy is correct
supporting shit video game companies like Blizzard or Todd Howard's Liehouse is one thing

but supporting a god damn trash Chinese company is in-fucking-excusable

They are all inexcusable. Just because one company used to make a game you liked doesn't mean buying from it now is good.

What's a paladin?

Because Paladins is fast food. You can enjoy it from time to time and that's it, what's more it's free.

Meanwhile Overwatch is doing strong for three things:
Waifus
Marketing
Buyer's remorse

Well, at least palidans doesn't have a nigger, or dyke. Plus, it doesn't shoot for you. Didn't those cuck devs actually make the waifus less appealing to please SJWs? lel.

Basically Overwatch is everything wrong with the world put into one game.

paladins is one of those games that just doesnt hold players in. Its fun and enjoyable for the first few weeks but then its this grog of doing the same tactics, countering the same things over and over until you get what you want, only to repeat the process.

nobody in fucking overwatch can make a decent goddamn team comp
these fucking retards never pick what the team needs just WIDOWMAKER ONLY FINAL DESTINATION
fuck overwatch and fuck paladins and fuck hirez and fuck blizzard

Because the only people who unironically played it were the ones who couldn't afford Overwatch (ie. literal 12 year olds).

I stopped playing after about 5 games, it became so stupid and boring

Overwatch was the superior product.

In what way?
Have you actually seen the game or are you just being a parrot?

Turns out if you don't have 'Blizzard' slapped onto Overwatch nobody plays it.

Blizzard is also busy tweaking balance issues, putting out new maps, new modes, and new characters and for the OCD collection-fags they put out new costumes and other bullshit.
All for free.
Not as paid for DLC.
Not as a season pass.

>>>/suicide/

because its shit?
its a knock off of Battleborn meets overwatch with shitty devs behind it. I mean this should of already told you it was gonna die either early as fuck or slowly in which case early.

rating between the three games overwatch wins style overall world and stability of the game but its fucking blizzard so if you hate blizzard you'll probably won't touch it, Battleborn gameplay was overall decent of the three of what I played the 20+ hours during its open beta weekend enjoyed the assfaggots mix of pushing and defending and abilties did do some nice changes depending on what you picked, problems was it was overpriced sjw themed so wasn't going to even touch it, Paladins literally just has f2p attached to it the game has problems out of its ass balance is ass the, Hi Rez themselves are ass why would you ever trust them after what they did to tribes.

Because it's a team-based shooter where playing as a team matters much less than you'd expect and the result is that, no matter what hero you pick, you'll be having the same experience every game.

This completely defeats the purpose of the genre and is kind of the reason both classical arena shooters are a niche genre now and Overwatch managed to succeed.

For instance, let's compare 2 pairs of different heroes from each game.
In Paladins you have Pip and Bomb King. Both are interesting and fun characters to play as, and they even have different roles. You'd expect a different experience when playing either of them but in the end… You're still jumping around like crazy and tossing arching bombs onto your oponents.
There are some minor differences in your CC but the way you play doesn't vary that much.

Now compare it to Junkrat and Lucio. Both have wildly different weapons, move around differently and contribute to the fight in different ways.
You feel like going fast and supporting your team, you pick Lucio, you feel like blowing people up, you go with Junkrat but in the end you get two very different experiences in the same game.

Hi-Rez took this aproach so heroes didn't felt as restricted as traditional meta, especially like in Overwatch.
But the result is that we go back to the same problem arena shooters have: teamwork is non existent because your team is not a factor you take into account, just a gun shooting over your shoulder and you will always play the same game, the same way against the same oponent with variations so small it stops being fun really fast.

I still think it's an original game and some of the characters are pretty cool.
But the de-focus on roles so "everyone does everything" and the use of credits and items to snowball the game kinda make it a very frustrating and un-engaging experience.

FIFY

Interesting number to come up with. Isn't it 40 dollars?

No game is worth 90 bucks, NEVER EVER.

It was never $40. $90 was always the default price point. $120 for the digital cuck version

Are we just saying things and then pretending they are true? They just had a tournament covered my PC Gamer today, the queue times are less than ten seconds and it is still the third most popular F2P game on steam. It isn't even close to dead and saying it is doesn't make it true.

Because when you install this game, it installs a dumb "High Rez Update" malware than you need to close manually in the resources window before you can even delete the whole folder and get rid off this shitty shooter.

Yes. As in, they keep making new content for it to the point that the game is worth more and more the longer they keep updating it. At some point, it's gonna be worth double the price people paid for it. Ain't it great?

40$ is the default price for the regular edition and all you need to pay. There have been sales before that further reduced it.
However you could (and maybe still can) buy the Origins Edition for 60$, which is what some faggots like to harp on.
It essentially gave you 5 extra skins and that was it, 4$ per skin. You buy it if you're a good goy.

Agreed, my friend. Thankfully that's not the price for it.
Can imagine if Overwatch was like Crusader Kings or Train Simulator and acrued several thousands of dollars in expenses to buy the full thing?

That's fucking pathetic. Literal ghost town of a game

Just about anything has tournaments these days user, I wouldn't use it as an argument.
But it's good to know they are still doing fine. Overwatch will need the competition or it will go stale like TF2 did.

If you lie a little harder maybe Tracer will turn straight and sleep with you.

Stay assmad your chinese knockoff is utterly devoid of players.

Is this really what Holla Forums is like now?

Because it's full of fucking malware.
steamcommunity.com/app/386360/discussions/0/490121928352203678/

>>>/gaschamber/

that other paladins thread was funny as fuck. some mad ass niggers up in there

>>>/gaschamber/
Uhh, the holocaust didn't happen

interesting post user, covers why I don't care about unreal tournament any more pretty well

What exactly are you trying to prove by posting this?

but it should have

He said F2P though. CS, GTA, Ark, FM, Rust, GM, Civ are npt F2P.
That leaves only Dota2, Team Fortress and Warframe on that list. It's 4th most popular F2P still.

CS:GO is F2P fam

Queue times are less than 10 seconds in early levels because it matches you with bots until you reach a certain level

OH FUCK ITS NOT

I was never matched with bots from game one. Sorry but that's false. After my first match someone even tried to send me a friend request, that's how I knew.

Ded, not big surprise.

Hey, I played UT2k4 a lot too. I loved that game, still have Grendelkeep on my memory and I did memorize a lot of the Redeemer\Keg-o-Health spawn points in several maps.
But I can't play more than 2-3 rounds before feeling bored and had to resort to Onslaught for some variety, but that gets boring too.
Playing with friends and "friends" was better, there was some tension with the competition but it wasn't relaxing and I'd rather try fighting games or 4X with them instead.

These games simply don't have enough variety in their gameplay to keep people coming back unless you're a turbo autist that squeezes the most he can out of bunnyhopping and similar.
That's why Ballistic Mod even became a thing for UT.

The new one seems to be trying to do something somewhat different, with different movement abilities and every weapon having neat tricks to it, but I don't think it's gonna be enough to pull people in.
Overwatch might be much simpler in each hero individually, but I much prefer the metagame of the interaction between different heroes and team composition than just learning how to shoot 9 guns and a few movement tactics.

AHAHAHAH
Used to be, suprirsed me a few days too when I found out they now have to pay just so they can gamble with chests and keys.
And it's not just a one-time buy either, it's a subscription too!

You are matched with bots until your account reaches level 5. They don't say anything in game, their names are very obvious and their behaviour even more so. You'll easily steamroll those games too.
If you couldn't tell the difference, that's on you. But it's confirmed that they are bots until you are lvl 5.

It's dying because it literally has a spyware keylog in it you dumb fucks.

Where all these supposed GMod players at? I don't see that many people online, like never.

I know how you feel man

fucking christ
I'm not sure that's accurate user
unless you mean event shit

There was never a point when CS:GO was free to play.

you sure user?

So bots send friend requests? Is that what you're telling me?

Yes. At best it had a generic "free weekend" event like a bunch of other games on steam.

shit I think you're right

If you're going to make such a bold claim at least present evidence.

There never was a point to play anything but CS1.6 when it was a break from the mold of traditional shooters. It wasn't good either, but at least it was different.
These days, playing CS of any kind is just being a tryhard.

What I'm telling you is to go look at your first matches and then try to find the profile for the players there.
What I'm telling you is what everyone else aready figured out, that the first matches players have until they hit lvl5 in their account is against bots.
Seriously, just google "paladins bots"

holy fuck 225% cancer + nerfs to everything that didn't deserve a nerf and viktor aimbots everywhere, OW

both are same kind of trash Holla Forumstard

Is it wrong to believe the Chinese just aren't human beings?

only if you apply same thing to americunts

Gooks are people but they dont have a soul.

You had two versions. a 40 dollar version and a 60 dollar version.
I don't know where this >>11673652 nigger is getting his figures.
Probably made them up?
Probably just parroting back something he read here without checking into it himself like many of the fags here do.