ITT: Games/Mods that people forget exist

When people in 40k threads mention there being no decent 40k FPSes, or any 40k games that portray bolters the way they should, hulking machines that fire bullets the size of baked bean cans- Exterminatus is never mentioned. Exterminatus is a great mod for HL2 that faithfully keeps to 40k lore and still has active development- though has a tiny playerbase due to virtually nobody knowing about it.

There is also Neotokyo, which is pretty much a fast-paced and actually tactical Ghost in the Shell version of Counter Strike that has an amazing art direction and an orgasmic soundtrack. But it seems that the soundtrack is the only thing that people remember about it as the shitty F2P GitS game that came out a few months ago has a larger playerbase.

Other urls found in this thread:

edharrison.bandcamp.com/
dystopia2.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Exterminatus was never that big for whatever reason. I think it came in towards the end of the sourcemod period and that didn't help. Kids nowadays can just bulk buy shit AAA games for cheap during steam sales so they've got no reason to go looking for mod and like it or not but cheapskate kids used to provide the playerbase.

that guy is a dick

Somebody, such as the Radops guys, should organize an event for it, I'm pretty sure the reason the game doesn't have a larger player base is due to the fact that nobody knows about it in the first place.

The thing in particular about Source Mods is that nobody understands that they are all completely standalone now. They may say "Must have Half-Life 2" to play but that is not true at all. Just download Source SDK and they will all work. These games all work on toasters as well so there is literally no excuse not to play them.

Hell games like Insurgency and Chivalry still have populations and are actually better than the games the devs went on to develop. Seriously fucking Insurgency that you buy is just Counter Strike for those who don't want to be seen playing Counter Strike, the mod is infinitely better

Then you get Resistance and Liberation which just blows Red Orchestra, even Darkest Hour out of the water. Hardly anyone plays that anymore.

Smashball is a pretty underrated mod. It's basically one flag ctf under the guise of a sports game with hookshots and it can get pretty fast, it's a shame that no one plays it anymore.

Dystopia. The real cyberpunk mod.

I miss that shit. The fucking fatman guided rocket launcher and all.

Decking was the best.

Neotokyo really sucks honestly, I don't fucking get it

But Neotokyo is shit! It's all the autism of CS taken to retarded levels, all depth and fun is strictly on bunnyhopping and improving that.
The guns are the biggest source of variety and they still don't feel that varied and are still locked anyway.

Even the special abilities you have are retarded when everyone can see you anyway with their vision and when they know where you have to go anyway.
Seriously, the effort they make to find some depth or something fun to play with in that game is incredibly retarded.

Here, go play this game. It's better than Neo Tokyo in everything and then some more.
Instead of autisming up with bunnyhops, just get a MoveSpeed augmentation and have fun jumping and running around. Have Cloaks with actual depth due to the cooling suit AND actual hacking!
Plus, guns aren't just reskins of shotguns, assault rifles and revolvers, they actually have an inkling of originality to them.

I will never forgot NeoTokyo, fuck I love that game and usually hate online play.
Shilling soundtrack because everyone should hear it edharrison.bandcamp.com/

Used to play this all the time. Wish there was still an active community for it.

My favorite server had that radio plugin that let you choose from a bunch of internet radio stations. I would play Real Industrial Radio (also now dead), really completed the cyberpunk vibe.

Would probably still have a community if there were bots to play with until people join or to practice with.
Last I heard, there was a sequel in the works.

Yeah, looks like they have a website:

dystopia2.com/

Hope they come through with this. I'd love to play a sequel.

Nevermind, I just read through their forums. Last dev update was from almost a year ago and the latest posts are all spambots. They have a Patreon too but it's on hold. I'm guessing the project is dead.

There's truth to that, was a period all I did was play mods for a handful of games while studying. Now I just don't have time to keep up with new mods but still play about the same handful of games. It's pretty shameful younger faggots aren't more devoted to any base games these days.

Zombie Master
Smod 5.56
Hidden

JUST

F

Are you Brasilian.

Captain Toad deserves to be forgotten.

nobody remembers the StarCraft Gundam mod

It's not that it was forgotten, it was that Microsoft killed all the talent left in Rare.

it doesn't look like it's even the same dev team and just some faggot using the ip for his own gains

Starcraft had mod support? I thought it was really badly locked down.

See, I can tell you're just making something up because Smod didn't have its releases numbered like that. Not counting Smod 2, the last release was 40a. source release never ever

The most people I've ever seen in an Exterminatus server was 6.

Hey guys, thought I'd update you on Dystopia as I'm good friends with the devs and community. We've been playing Dys, as we call it, for over two years almost everyday until recently. We stopped because Valve fucked with the source engine and now in order to play, you need to revert back to the beta version. This is a problem because it prevents fresh blood from entering. The man in charge of the source code, is too busy with real life to do anything about it.

One positive thing about the community that I know you guys would love is that we are all politically inncorrect as fuck. Imagine a server where you can call the admin gay or a nigger without getting banned, instead the admin would call you a faggot or a gook or something back as he killed you. And no one gets offended, we're all like that. Freedom of speech seems to be a global rule.

As for Dys 2, it has made development. Of you didn't know, some of the Dys dev team went to work for Rocksteady. I assume, some of them still work there so it's not their top priority. As for the "spambot", it's not. I assume you're talking about Fluffy, our resident underage memer. We haven't given him the boot because we see him as a sort of puppy we can't throw away.

But yeah, if you want to know more just ask.

Yes
You're thinking of Starcraft 2.

We've had full nights before but the devs have a nasty habit of releasing updates at the weekends just before gamenights, so everyone kind of got pissed off constantly having to redownload the mod, installing it and by the time they got everyone had left the servers. So it went on average from having about 50 people on per night to as you said, 6.

Why doesnt he just F(L)OSS it

Look into how neo-Tokyo and fortress forever devs kept the old source engine version without updating to make the game not broken

Do you have the server name or IP or something? And when is server usually populated?

I've asked him to make it open source but he says "who would bother?" "If you could find someone to fix it, I'll consider it."

Have any specifics on how that was done?

It's a little more complicated than that, go to the community page on Steam and there, there should be instuctions on how to play. We organize not as often anymore but join the group for announcements on when to play.

nice

Neotokyo is fucking broken due to source engine changes and it's a miracle that it even works. Nothing has been done and nothing will be done to it.

Sounds like a good idea shame that the group died,however I will admit that I was not at all a even remotely worth while "leader" at all, so I`l give it a shot when possible. I would not be suprised at all if the very first reply is something along the lines of "don`t fall for this meme, I did and regret it".

I used to fuck around with it occasionally but got bored when it seemed like the dev was practically dead or something.

I mean it was put on steam a few years ago and I don't remember a single fucking update for that game since. It's outdated as fuck and it seems like no dev gives a shit about.

Only one person from original team bothered with that and there's nothing you can update when source code is lost along with the guy who programmed it. At best you get some shitty map remakes and some asset changes patched but that's all you can get without access to engine. Nothing has really been changed since 2009 and already then the engine was considered outdated.

That's a shame. Seems like it's doomed to die then.

oh dystopia-kun this is what happens if you don't F(L)OSS it

There was some community effort to rewrite engine but it's been stalled for a few years because lmao waiting for source2 and nobody has a real idea what they're doing or it's just wasted effort for a game that was killed by jewish devs.

I don't really know how they did it but I bet the fortress forever devs will respond because they're working on a big update right now. Maybe check no more room in hell(they stopped working on the mod to make a standalone sequel), fist full of frags

Did anyone besides me play this on Holla Forums?

It's not even that. Valve at one point were fully ready and committed to mod support on Steam where people could download mods for their games using Steam, but then forgot about it and sort of left a lot of mod teams hanging. They sort of left proper modding high and dry and instead focused on their Steam Workshop garbage.

A lot of popular jewtubers still upload gameplay of that mod.

You see it referenced in pop culture more than the original. The thing is pure hot topic bait.

Never seen anyone outside a few forums discuss it it's a forgotten game played by a niche.

Blockland 0002 / RTB 1.045 / TBM / DTB

JUST LIKE THE PIED PIPER