Just got around to playing The Desolate Hope today and it's an enjoyable little game with great visuals...

Just got around to playing The Desolate Hope today and it's an enjoyable little game with great visuals. The only downside I can see to it is that the night cycle is pretty lacking and could have used more work, or alternatively it could have been scrapped and upgrades and such could have been worked into the main game. It also made me wonder if FNAF is worth playing? I had assumed it was garbage due to the bottomless lake of cancer surrounding it, what little I saw of it left me with the impression it was an incredibly shallow - if nice looking - game with a bunch of jumpscares.

Other urls found in this thread:

uloz.to/!Edg6XwpVn/the-desolate-hope-zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

TDH is great. I agree about the night cycle, but the game would be a lot worse without it. The whole game suffers from "needs a bit more work/focus", so a sequel would be perfect. The RPG system is one of the most unique battle system I've seen in a game.
FNAF isn't worth playing. The only acceptable reason it got attention was the lore, but what's there isn't interesting enough to warrant even a single playthrough.

The only good thing about FNAF was the attention it brought to Scott Cawthon (a talented indie dev with great potential despite his reputation) and The Desolate Hope.

This game is too patrician for 2017 Holla Forums user

tfw Scott will never make another RPG after the disaster that was FNAF World

Will somebody ever drop a download/hash for the game so I don't have to install steam to fucking play it?

uloz.to/!Edg6XwpVn/the-desolate-hope-zip

Despite the generic rage that Holla Forums shows him, I can't hate Scott or even hate FNAF. He tried his hand at making games for a long time and he finally got lucky with something that became really successful.

Is it really just sitting in the security booth closing doors and stuff when you see the creatures approaching you? I had thought it was maybe a small chunk of the game like the night section was in TDH, it's a shame he became successful on the back of crap like that instead of something better. It's soured his reputation in the eyes of many and also seems to have left him happy to continue pandering to the horde of slavering morons who love FNAF instead of making something new.

The night cycle serves a valuable purpose in that it provides downtime to the player. It's quiet and easygoing to contrast with the more actiony platformer a of the main level, and the intense intensity of the boss battles. It needs more relevance to the main game, yes, but it felt pretty lonely, being a coffee machine walking along a desolate planet.

There's no denying he sold out, but I can't hate the guy.

And the mechanics are pretty fine in FNAF, but they don't hold up for more than one clear playthrough.

Aye. I'm happy for the guy but I wish his success didn't make children spout memes about how freddy is "so scary". I do hope he tries his hand at something different at some point.

Don't forget he donated half a million to St. Jude's Children hospital.

Holy shit is it just me or have there been a huge increase in weird coincidences with you guys? I just got the game last week and now see this thread, after an entire other string of coincidences.

This is getting fucking weird.

Guy is pretty much better than the fucking hipsters that proclaim indie games are the future and you gotta support xir's game or you're a homophobe biggot, while enjoying kikestarter and patreon welfare.

We are approaching the singularity.

Don't believe me? It's all in the numbers.

Can you name some coincidences?

ive had some deja vu moments last year that were entire days that came true, but nothing major.

1. That's terror

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

DO NOT AVERT YOUR GAZE

We have meme'd too hard! reality is breaking!

I honestly don't think Holla Forums feels any hatred towards him, more apathy or sometimes even admiration for making it as far as he did, and hatred for his fanbase.

The Fnaf series is a guilty pleasure to follow, i just like how it just ruins lives as people try to figure out what the fuck is going on. Especially with Matpat with Scott btfo him on both his videos and his livestreams.

I care little for FNAF and matpat, but watching that autist get BTFO over and over was the highlight of this entire fucking series.

That's the other thing to say about Scott/FNAF. He hasn't been an absolute fag. He's just been all round alright, keeping out of internet stuff.

He was actually interviewed once and flat out said he just makes shit up as he goes a long, it wouldn't surprise me if fnaf becomes a prequel series to The Desolate Room considering how far to left field it became.

FNAF is a clever little horror game. Hugely overrated, but not bad.

It's called 'synchronicity.'
It's a sign you have latent potential for working actual magic.

You mean meme magic and Holla Forums already proved its possible

Jesus! It keeps happening!

It's never been anything huge, but it's starting to pile up on me. An example outside this thread would be that I recommended a band I like to a couple of other people, only to see stuff about the band pop up in completely unrelated areas. Multiple minor coincidences would be thinking about songs only for them to play on the radio.

Not to mention how he reacted to the complaints FNAF World had due to releasing it too early. Allow everyone refunds (Even if they went past Steam's return period), patch up the game, and then release it again for FREE! How many other indie designers would've just thrown a massive tantrum over people not liking their game?

Scott's a class act.

Sorry, furfags get nothing

I just wish he does more than Fnaf or at least switch to a different program. Jesus Fusion is old as shit.

'Fuck Holla Forums. I get dubs a lot of the time and no one pays my posts any extra attention.

Because you're not doing it right.

Actually the furfag is correct. Jungian Synchronicity is distinct from Meme Magic.

Actually this is just a hobby he did up until FNAF blew up into something huge.

This looks like how COOL VIDEO GAMES are in represented in normalfag TV series. All the other super smart science crime detectives are baffled and don't understand one bit, but then the female character picks up a controller and gets THE MOST POINTS EVER IN A MMO.