What's the deal with this game...

What's the deal with this game? I have never seen a thread on Holla Forums about it yet it's at the front page of the steam store all the time and has a shitload of people playing it. Is it Reddit's new favorite game that came about to fill the hole that no man's sky left? Why did it seemingly come out of nowhere?

Also from the screenshots it seems that the planets are just one biome, or are the planets just huge?

Early Access is probably why.

why what?

Why no one is talking about it.

This is true. There's about 2 hours worth of gameplay in it right now. And that's really pushing it too.

The game is still in Early Access and doesn't have a whole lot of content yet, like how Space Engineers isn't talked about too much here either.

I hears its alrighr, but

All they have to do is make it multiplayer and add text to speech. Like a Space Engineers and Moonbase hybrid.

I actually picked it up. It has a lot of promise, but I wouldn't play it until after it comes out. I got about 7 hours out of it before I literally unlocked everything. However, I'd like to say those 7 hours were fantastic, and just adding more technology, teraforming options, and variety in worlds, would absolutely make that game worth picking up. Keep an eye on it, but don't obsess or anything.
Not bumping since there isn't really a conversation to have anyway.

You know, aside from abolishing EA altogether, steam should at least fucking put some restrictions on it.
Make it like a $10 maximum or something. Or have the price follow some arbitrary curve calculated via how far away the scheduled release is.
The very least they could fucking do is something like starmade, which is free until the final release - a humble-bundle sequel system where you can donate like 1 dollar to get early access, and just pay the rest when the game releases (of course there would be a limit to how much time greater the full price would be than the minimum donation price). Make EA games also have wider restrictions on refunds, maybe even none at all.

Since you're new you should know one likes talking about Early Access cancer. Space Engineers is the only one that's passable but even then the threads don't get much activity.

Perhaps they should make it so that when a game is released as early access the devs can't charge anything extra from what they originally ask for. No deluxe editions, no OSTs, no artwork, no microtransactions, no DLC and no other monetizing outside the original price. The ARK devs released an expansion for the same price as the original game and Tripwire added microtransactions to KF2. At least with this restriction they have to make a good, normal game before they fuck it up.
Personally I'd make early access games free, but with the option to donate to the dev. that way if something picks up the dev still gets money to continue development, but they can't just throw a shitty game up and get people to buy it.

This would of looked awesome maybe 2 years ago. The market is flooded we these thinks and we're all bored as fuck of it

Another early access empty husk of potential.

It's one of those games that has a really nice base, but the actual game behind it is as shallow as the bottom of your kitchen sink.

bump

It's a really awesome base to build upon, but there is very little content right now. Also it is very glitchy with wonky as hell performance.

There's nothing to discuss about really other than fuck the Arid planet. Fucking spike ball pieces of shit.

At this point it's like talking about a canvas before someone starts painting. Might look like a neat canvas but it's still fucking nothing.

Do Early Access games ever even get finished? I mean, eventually even Kikestarters will shit out a half-finished product and disappear before anyone has the time to notice. But I've seen one or two early access games which cost $20~$30 that look like they have potential, but you never hear anything about it and it's never ever finished.

I really want to give Road Redemption a shot to scratch that old Road Rash itch, and I kind of what to see what Everspace is all about… but fuck these kikes if they think I'm paying retail for a goddamned alpha build.

At least Everspace has been confirmed for DRM free so I can just pirate it, right? Or have they locked online functions behind an activation key that they'll only email to you once you paid up?

EA should be limited to a maximum of 18-24 months (after which point the game is forced to exit EA) and offer a refund opportunity like when you buy a game (within 2h of playtime or 15 days) when the game exits Early Access.

In their defence, most of the time even if they were as dedicated to the development of the game as they claim to be, they're still most likely a small team who barely knows what they're doing trying to make the game of their dreams.
Eventually comes the realization that they'll never be able to achieve their goal no matter how much money gets thrown at them without outsourcing everything and they slowly lose all motivation.

It's alright, but not yet worth its price. With more variance in terrian, like procedurally generated buildings, for example, or more tech, it could grow into something interesting and enjoyable. Right now, it's just Okay.

When will you learn?, when will you learn that your actions have consequences?, Holla Forums.

Its another early access "survival" building space game. It might be different this time but I have no hope of this ever reaching a full release.

Played for a couple of hours and the mechanisms and terrain are mildly interesting, but there's not much playability. Nor is it much fun to explore because everything's a flat plain or low mountain or tunnel.

If you like this sort of thing check out Subnautica an all-round far superior game.

OP, i too am interested in this game
but it is best talked about when the final product is released, instead of a half finished demo

also please don't fucking pay for a demo

1) No one is talking about it because it's not AAA
2) Japs fucking love it
3) Haven't played it myself, watched some streams, I get the impression the core gamplay is there but now they need to add content

Basically it's Early Access done right: a functional fully fledged game, but now it needs money and community input to flesh it out

Don't be a fucking retard. Darkest Dungeon was early access, Don't Starve was early access, the fundamental concept of early access isn't bad it's that there is no system to police abusers

Make you wonder doesn't it.

Its surprising how this game sells better than no man's sky. Maybe if no man's sky had building on the release it could had been a successful hit.

Now they try to add this shit as fast as possible, but everyone refunded already.

Find a better space survival simulator than this.

I bet your superiors wonder why your shilling never works, shill.

You fucking communist!

Aeiou

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Figuring out how to do stuff in the game was fun and didn't feel retarded like minecraft. Game play is fun but there's really no point right now because exploration isn't really worth it right now. If you could get a satellite network going or something and base building encouraged expansion it might be cool. There's potential right now and nothing much else. Good proof of concept.

Buzzwords Aside a friend of mine bought it and said it was boring.

Looks like yet another empty survival exploration game with no content.