Sunday night horror thread

Let's just talk about horror games guys

Whatcha:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/5896774
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well, this is a global board, guess I'm just in a weird timezone.

Hey, I was playing Re7 demo, how many endings does it have? I got the bad and infected ones.

You can escape without getting infected if you don't let zombie to hit you even once. The route is the same as for infected, just don't get hit.

three, good, bad, and tape ending. Good is when you get the key in the basement without taking damage. Bad is when you play the tape, then visit the crawlspace to get the door key, and exit that way, and infected ending is when you grab the key from the basement but you take damage.

Outlastit's not bad, but could use less movie
Feast for Crows
Nothing
New gaming laptop
No
No

I still can't tell if RE7 is as boring as it looks in trailers and plays, or if Capcom is holding I ton back… I fear we've already seen most of it in the trailers though.

No, the demo was fucking boring and i don't expect the full game to be any better,
This is what happens when you develop a game focusing more on "what's hot" with the pleb (VR and Let's plays on jewtube) rather than making a good game.

I wonder what will come first, Silent Hill VR, Silent Hill: Survive, mobile shit, or gambling machines since Pachinko is supposedly on its death bed.

My bet is on a shitty VR oriented walking sim, probably exclusive for consoles

>Lose hope in all vidya and hate how nothing seems worth playing these days
>Realize the true horror is that you won't ever enjoy a game as much as you used to
>And that horror games no longer work because how connected you are to other people via Steam, instant messaging, achievements, background noise from podcasts, streams or music
>Horror is now exclusively jump scares or multiplayer focused where you run and hide from another player being bored until its your turn to be the killer
>We're never going back and then John was the demons

Any of you faggots check out Five Nights at Furby's? If the devs had tweaked the idea a little more, it could have been a really fun little spooky game.

Are any of these games actually decent or just a meme?

Not that's not stupid enough, it's going to have to be gambling machines.

They're just bad, plain and simple.

wew

Tattletail had a few interesting things going for it, like having to manage your noise and light while taking care of the furby which will get noisy if he's not fed or brushed or charged frequently enough…. Only problem is that you don't need him for anything and the baddy is a teleporting pair of red eyes anyways, so whenever you're caught, you just slowly back away and go back to trying to get to one of the places to reset those meters.

Also:
>It's short (about an hour at most)

It still has a good atmosphere and proper spookiness to it, but it falls short in a lot of ways you'd hope it wouldn't. As something that was obviously inspired by FNAF, it's okay, bu they'll need to do a lot better if they want to make a game people will actually want to buy.

I played through SOMA recently. Must say that user was right when he called it a walking simulator, but unlike most other specimen in that category, the story in this one actually was decent enough to forgive the lackluster gameplay, especially if you take the expanded universe with the videos and the files into account.

I still want a scary game about witches.

And Rule 34 for DreadOut

Also, I really wanna know why there's so little use of EVPs in horror games. The literally only game I know which makes heavy use of them is Sylvio, and that one is a heavily flawed one-man project done by some Swede.

Are the Blair Witch games good? Nocturne was awesome and I really miss Terminal Reality.

NO MOIRA, NO BUY.

I'm pretty damn happy that I got RE7 for free. I still wish it didn't have denuvo though.

So, anyone here played The last door? Both games are pretty good.

They're alright.

Huff some zyklon, kike.

I am seriously considering getting RE7. There is something that feels right about it in my opinion.

There's also the true ending which is when you get the dirty coin and escape without getting hit.

You do not need the dirty coin for it, just not to get hit by the monster

IF you're going to buy it, do it through Green Man Gaming since there is usually a coupon code that will give you a discount. I ended up saving $30.00 after currency exchange and I got my code right away.

It's 33 euros at g2a right now.

Gamesplanet uk has it for $39.49.

Revelations 3 when?

Some day.

Enough shilling. What horror games that haven't been played to death and back do you guys recommend? I'm going with Uncanny Valley and both Last Doors as I mentioned before. For free shit, get some Mongeko Castle and The crooked man.

I played Fran Bow recently which was okay. It's a horror adventure P&C. I recommend pirating or getting it cheap.

You forgot the fact that the ending is shit. Instead of having something interesting or tense happen, they just throw a jumpscare at you and roll the credits. It's a shame too, I liked the 90's VHS theme they used for the trailer.

Oh yeah I liked the last door. I only wish that the graphics wasn't pixelshit

The game's high point is when you're first wandering through the dark house and Tattletail says
>Mama hates you!
Out of nowhere.

Everything else about it had potential, especially keying in on that whole 90s VHS, Animatronic toy, distorted cassette audio sort of stuff… But you never see one of the little furby guys scamper past the corner of your vision. You never catch Mama skulking in the dark, chewing on some bloody bit of viscera. You never come across something to explain the supernatural origins of the spookiness you're experiencing.

Instead, you run around, do a few fetch quests, then go to bed while the murderous mama furby is still running around doing.. whatever it does.. Opening and resealing presents I guess?

Good theming. Good potential. Good use of atmosphere and theme. Shit execution.. But if they take criticism to heart and try again, I might check out their next game.

Discussion might happen, but get this for starter. If most of the people here honestly think it is shit after they played it, would you regard that as shitpost?

I have seen many cases of faggots crying Holla Forums consensus, hive mind, or whatever the hell they can think of at the moment after seeing their post went to shit because it is really shit and they cannot accept different opinions like dumbcunts they are. Ironically, that also add to the shitpost themselves. Funny thing is that those faggots behave like the damn kikes as in 'everyone is a bad bad man. I am not at fault when every single one of my post is shit quality and will go wrong and causes shitposts and causes problem every time they do it'. So . . . yeah.

If they don't propely explain their reasoning, yes.
If you can a game shit but don't explain what's mechanically wrong with it, that's always a shitpost, because you're either being intellectually lazy, or haven't actually played the game and are just parroting what everyone else is saying about it, and that's where the groupthink shitpost wave starts.

Shitposting isn't "i think this game is bad, here's why", it's "this game is shit bye" driveby shitposting.

Wait, why did they delete the other thread?

Does the sfv shit not make you the least bit nervous? At least don't buy it day one.

Exactly because people shouldn't buy games day one, Holla Forums has become so harmful and retarded over the years.

Because in such a scenario Holla Forums should be a pool of information "here's mechanically what this game is about, here's how it plays, here's the features, here's problems with this part of the game, that part of the game, here's the overall pacing and where there's issues".
Instead immediately post release Holla Forums is nothing but "LOL SHIT SHIT CUCK HERE'S [shit about the story] HERE'S [shit about the developers] HERE'S [spoiler about the story spammed over and over again]" and when you ask anything about how the game plays, you get a generic "oh it's shit" or "didn't play it lol".
As we move fowards this place becomes less and LESS about mechanics and gameplay in video games while preaching that they're the most important aspects of a video game, it's a complete oxymoron, after the release of a new game Holla Forums becomes fucking useless for anyone looking for actual information about that game, especially gameplay wise.

Someone on the fence on purchasing a game or not, or even understanding what a game is even about mechanically, comes to Holla Forums asking for information and all he gets are memes, screaming and shitflinging.

Sometime, the obvious shit is so darn obvious and people will tire at the slightest mention of it and so they will shitpost and will not be discussing it or the game itself is so inherently any discussions of it would be a waste of time and a stinking reminder of time and money wasted on that piece of shit. Examples would be the recent retail WoW thread and Tranny. The latter is the real offender because the nature of the game itself (e.g. how badly it was written, how hamfisted the political theme is presented) will lend to flaming, and trolls, Holla Forums, Holla Forums, Holla Forumstard, whoever will smell blood on the water and make it even worse. So yeah, be careful, be prudent, lurkmoar, and the good old common sense still applies. Some dumbcunt do this again and again and again and never learn to flip perspective and keep crying 'I want discussions' while they are being thickheaded themselves.

That's the echo chamber for you. Say anything positive about any given AAA game and you're a shill.

ANYWAY, to get the thread back on track: Do you think there will ever be another (survival) horror adventure with fixed third-person cameras?

At least for me, the latter always made me terrified because the death of the player character as a distinct entity made me feel responsible for the death of someone else, whereas the death of a first-person horror antagonist is just your personal avatar, which gets less scary every time.

Not entirely true, but not entirely false either. It is the nature of the imageboard itself. People can talk about vidya without restraint. If it is shit, people will say it is shit and may or may not give reasons why depending on the mood. I would not want to talk a lot about a shit game I wasted time and money on either and any form of revenge I could take is shitting on it to the max and if necessary will tell others to avoid that shit like AIDS and give reasons why. If it is good or at least decent, there will be a discussion, arguments, pros and cons, etc.

From indie devs, eventually, yes.
From Capcom, no.
I firmly believe REmake 2 has a 90% chance of being RE4 style camera wise.

People like to present the sales of REmake and RE0 HD as proof that they will handle RE2 how they handled REmake, but i believe that Capcom is still, to this day, scared fucking shitless to the idea of making a fixed camera, tank control focused survival horror in our modern era.
Even REmake and RE0 sales won't be enough to convince them, they'll just notch up their success to nostalgia rather than the objective value of the older style.
I firmly believe Capcom will go the RE4 route because they believe it's a much safer bet that will rack in more sales.

However the best case scenario within this prediction is that they also realize that even RE4 fans don't want RE5 and 6, so they could try to aim for a reasonable balance of action and horror like RE4 was at the time.

I'll never understand what people cling to with RE 4, the game itself was not as good as a spook as RE 1 was, and while 5 and 6 lost the tone completely, 4 lost the concept; free aim in a spook is a detriment because you lose that thrill of being unable to click a head off; In the prior games, you'd aim generally at an enemy and you'd be able to aim up and down, but because you couldn't shoot them right in the head, you had to aim up and wait for them to close in, so you had a chance of getting hurt and losing progress possibly. Now with melee attacks and free aim, the games just become mashing the melee button to free up some space or kill small fries and then clicking the heads of bigger guys with your maxed reserves of ammo.

As you're aware by now, the RE fanbase is fractured.

There's classic RE fans, RE1-3 (and REmake).
Then there's RE4 fans.
And only a fraction of RE4 fans carried on into RE5, and even less into RE6 (RE6 has it's own thing going on with a smaller fanbase that appreciates the range of movement, they overlap with Vanquish fans and the like, they're more like TPS fans in general rather than strictly RE fans).

Explaining the appeal of RE4 to someone that is exclusively tied to the classics is impossible, it's the equivalent of explaining the appeal of metroidvanias to a diehard classicvania fan.
To the eyes of a classic RE purist, there's indeed no difference in execution between RE4 and 5-6, from such a mindset everything that made RE tense and slow paced was already lost with 4.

The most succint way i can put it is that RE4 still had a fundamentally solid structure to it, it's a game that, like classic RE games, can be replayed over and over and it feels coherent and well developed enough not to fall apart at the seems and reveal itself as a rush job like 5 and 6 are.
RE4 still had a form of quality control threshold that 5 and 6 simply lack on a fundamental level.

aaand Polygon likes it. I'm all but ready to call RE7 shit. The fact that Polygon, the faggots who couldn't even play nuDoom like this game hints at nothing but bad things.

Classic RE fan reporting in. RE4 is fucking horseshit, and ruined one of my favorite series forever Also, RE: Code Veronica on the Dreamcast was the best RE

Fun fact: the only game i ever legitimately fell asleep to while playing it is Code Veronica.
I was so bored i think i just fainted into sleep while holding the controller.

RE4 was my introduction to the series, and while I really liked it I agree. When I went back and played REmake and Code Veronica I was blown away with how good they were and was instantly made sad that the series was now an action shooter. Shame that REmake 2 will probably be nothing that we want.

Bigger shame we'll never get Resident Evil 3.5. I've honestly never gotten over that game being changed into 4.

Boring, RE games could definitely get comfy when you were in a safe area, but anytime there were enemies around I have a hard time seeing how they could get boring.

You weren;t constantly kept on your toes by the tense moments, and lack of supplies? How the fuck could you get bored in an RE game?

That's the problem. We are starting to get further along, to the point where underage faggots were 6 or something when RE4 came out, so that is "classic Resident Evil", and actual Resident Evil (1, 2, 3, 0, CV) becomes lost in time. I started out with 1 back in the late 90's, and still can't be arsed to finish RE4. If I wanted a fucking action game, I would play MGS2.

It had nothing to do with it being "classic", i grew up with RE1-3 (actually i grew up with Alone In The Dark before any of em), love REmake, and can even appreciate RE0 for it's amazingly wonderful backgrounds and the initial train segment wich i think is one of the most interesting settings in all RE games, (even if i consider RE0 as a whole to be horrible).

It's just Code Veronica.
Everything about that game bores me to tears, especially visually it's such a boring looking game in every way.

I know what you mean. I have a friend who is mad about RE7.. not because of the super powered hicks, the sludge monsters, or the gameplay that has been dumbed down and geared towards streamers… but because it is going to lack co-op. She thinks that co-op is what makes Resident Evil good. I was at a loss for words with her.

I guess to each his own. Can't fault you for just not getting into a game. Also, it's a damn shame the Alone in the Dark remake got canned, especially considering how well the first game has aged. I only played it recently and was surprised at how fun it was as well as the atmosphere it retained.

We will never get a good RE game released ever again. The only classic game that had co-op was 0, and that game was shit, except for the train scene, as another user pointed out.

I should add, it was pseudo co-op

I could be wrong, but i don't think a game really can be scary when you have multiple characters interacting and sticking together. What makes a game scary is the isolation and feeling of being cut off from any and all help. Having to rely on your own wits and resources to survive. This was a glaring issue with the Revelations games and always kept them from being scary.

Well, that's just one of the factors among careful balancing, enemy design, atmosphere, and resource distribution. There's a lot that goes into making a game scary, which is why most developers cut out the fight option completely and make their games into hide n' seek sims.

I agree fully. RE1 was scary, or atmospheric, because you were isolated from everybody in a gigantic, booby-trapped mansion. If you wasted bullets, or didn't pay attention, a zombie would be gnawing your asshole off. Co-op is a "horror" game is retarded.

I think the closest it has ever come to being pulled off was maybe the mansion DLC for RE5, and the only reason I say that is because that was one of the only times I remember playing a horror game with a friend and having a scenario happen that had me legitimately screaming while my friend tried to get me out of the situation. They actually designed the monsters in that DLC with co-op in mind. One person had to act as the distraction while the other had to carfully aim for a weak point on the monster.

Go play Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare, if you never played it before.
It's…honestly not a great game overall, but it's incredibly visually interesting and it has a great atmosphere.

The thing that pisses me off the most about RE0 is that it wouldn't take much to fix it.
Fix a couple of the dumb design decisions and make it more similiar to 1-3, and most importantly change the enemies and bosses to something that isn't as fucking dumb as we ended up with.
With a couple of tweaks and model swaps it could be a fantastic RE game, the amazing backgrounds are already there, it's such a waste to see so much work completely lost on a shitty title.

RE Revelations 2. It's good, though there's a lot of stupid shit holding it back (like that retarded lock picking mechanic)

She can sit on my face

I watched somebody play that game a while back before I got into horror games, I'll download it and give it a play considering I remember it being pretty spooky with the only rough part being the story and setting get a little "pants on head" towards the end.

Why does this theory have so much traction? Why the fuck would they title it the same as their other, faithful-camera remakes, then change something so integral? Is it because you saw screenshots of that one fan project and thought they were official or something?

yeah I've never heard of this over-the-shoulder thing for REmake2, it would be completely bizarre for them to drop the style that helped make original's remake such a hit in the first-place, but who am I kidding, capcom is a bunch of retards that are more than happy to fuck up a good thing.

Also: RE2 > REmake > RE4 > RE3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> RE:CV > RE5 > RE6 > Revelations

I explain it in the post itself.
Capcom is scared -shitless- of making anything that won't make them insane profits.
Making a game that is RE4 style would sell more than a game that is traditional style with a fixed camera angle and tank controls.

It's all about numbers.
How much did REmake and RE0 HD sell?
We know they sold well, but -how- well?
Compared to that, how much did the four billion versions of RE4 they released over the years sell?
It's not a crazy conjecture to assume RE4 sold much more overall, it's after all considered to be one of the best games ever made by the common person interested in video games.

Thus, capcom looks at the sales, and takes the safest possible bet that will cater to the widest possible audience.

wrong

Seriously, not that many people like CV.
Even among classic RE fans, it's not the most popular RE by any stretch of the imagination.
If you like it, that's fine, but don't even remotely pretend it's the standard opinion even within the RE community in general.

What about Outbreak games?

New game has no Hunk or Mercenaries so fuck that shit.

CV's story is pants on head retarded even by RE's low low standards, its graphics are bland at best and stuck between the classic fixed camera and the more dynamic fully 3D stuff doing neither right, and it's a fucking chore to play with all the trappings of the classic games without any of the fun or charm. I would rather play a lot of games than suffer through the dull, ugly, and stupid game that is code veronica.

still not playing any of the modern ones, jesus christ they fucked them up

They're incredibly interesting but way ahead of their time, in a bad way.
They should've been made much later, and on a much bigger scale.

Also something to think about: the first Outbreak came out in japan in 2003, the first Monster Hunter came out in japan in 2004.
I like to think Outbreak influenced MH in some of the online interactions, or otherwise the two teams were interacting with each other during development.
Especially the way you handle items to other players.

Don't you know you can't mix fun and horror games any more user?

i get what you're trying to say, but i feel confident that REmake is one of their best-selling titles of all time, and it certainly is critically one of their crown jewels

I remember being so fucking into Code Veronica that I built a cardboard replica of the top floor of the training facility.

I was playing Underhell, but then my computer's fan gave out and I'm just using my phone as I wait for a replacement. Feels bad.

It's amazing what ideas people put inside their own heads.

One quick post to shill for Underhell, by the way. Its soundtrack is gold - noticeably amateur, like everything else in the game, but gold, like everything else in the game.

>every single time I get to the part where you're hiding from guilt the game crashes

I wish it was finished because it's almost incredible, but christ

In the hub or in chapter 1? Because I don't think just using the "map" command to skip levels causes any problems, and if it's the former you could just "map [first map of chapter 1]" or if it's the latter you could "map [next map after that first one in chapter 1]".

it was some kind of shader problem, i actually brought it up with the dev team on the forums. apparently at that particular part they started using a different kind of shader or some shit that just flat-out doesn't work for my hardware

three years and counting spent waiting for chapter 2 ;_;

That was my point. You pay these assholes sheckles, and they never produce.

n-nobody's paying them shekels, it's freeware

It's not an early-access game you moron, it's just a free Sourcemod

My mistake, it's some Shit-Life 2 mod, right?

It was years ago but now it's standalone, same people that made Nightmare House 2

I remember Underhell running like crap for me on my fairly beefy rig, but I always chalked it up to amateurs making stuff in a way that the source engine never liked.

looks like it's sold at least 2.6m over the years from the GC to current gen, and it was a record breaking digital download for crapcom with a mil in sales back in 2015 for the kinda lazy HD-rerelease, which bodes well I guess. But the user above has a point about them seeing that and getting greedy because 5 and 6 sold so well so why not make it like those Action Packed Games??

mein neger.

this is one of the redeeming factors of RE5. Everything playing in Nigeria is shit in this game but actually the DLC mission in the mansion feels very much like RE1. I wish this were longer. Contrary to RE6 where everything is simply shit even the Leon story that is supposed to be spooky. Then you also have those capcom faggots doing the exact same thing in Revelations 2. In the last part of the game, they send you for only 2 hours into a mansion that has the feeling of RE1. Why did they wait for it so long? Why is it only 2 hours? I wish those faggots could get their shit together for once.

And co-op does add replay value into a game. You can finnish a game for the first time alone for the atmosphere and feeling and then if you have a cousin or friend who is into RE as well you can play together the next time. It is a shame that game companies are now removing this split screen multiplayer to maximize sales.

What's your favourite Resident Evil game?
strawpoll.me/5896774

What the hell is that

I remember being blown away by that game when it first came out on DC, it was an excellent game.
On a side note there's a van on a road near my grandparents that the owners painted in a camouflage pattern and the Umbrella Corp. logo and name on it.
I'll see if I can get a picture of it when I go round there later tonight.

If I remember right that was the intention. I'd like to think it was due to fans of the horror RE games playing 5 and telling them it was piece of shit so Capcom threw them a bone. But that would imply that Capcom both listens to and respects fans of the Resident Evil series, which we know is untrue.

Ive played silent hill 2 and 4. How does 3 compare?

It's my personal favorite of the series, definitely better than 4. You should play 1 first though, 3 is its sequel.

I don't understand

I strongly recommend you play 1 before 3.
3 is a direct sequel to 1.
You played and finished 4 so there's nothing in 1 that will test your patience, you've already proven that you can plow trough some bullshit in SH games.

Scratches is the best horror game I've ever played. the atmosphere is perfect. Sound is 10/10, and graphics too. The puzzles are kind of annoying so you might have to use a guide, but even so, the game is worth it for the atmosphere alone. I wish I was better at conveying how much I liked it, and how fucking angry I am there are no other games like this.
I challange everyone to name a horror game with better atmosphere.

you're out of control

someone actually recommend a good spooky game? Anything like call of Cthulhu?

Why don't you just play the Myst series and Riven?
They're not horror game but they have a metric fuckton of atmosphere (and also some spooky moments) and in terms of execution they might just be exactly what you need.

you guys are just old suckers who dont understand the new generation of gamers

I only saw videos of myst games, but the environment seems too artificial, i don't think I could get into it. It just doesn't look like a place that could actually exist, and the videos with the characters take me out of it too.

Obligatory

While I think RE4 killed the series, I still thinks it's a really fun game.

Still, I also really, really like Code Veronica. That game is really underrated. It's still my second favorite RE to this day.

But Scratches had shit gameplay!

Siren
Nothing
That lesbian Fatal Frame movie, watched like 7 minutes of it
nothing

Dont like RE, but I try to keep my mind open

Hope not, the thing is dead, let it rest in peace.

Feels bad.

Do we have a list of upcoming horror games?

Did RE2 not have autoaim? Playing it for the first time after REmake and outside of this difference I'm surprised how close they play, aged pretty well.

this tbh, ever since Metro I wanted something with that aspect.

I didnt know I wanted this so bad

surprisingly, there's a linux version, and strangely, even though it was made in argentina and got a bunch of translated releases(german, russian, greek…)there is no spanish version

Fucking quit the game the moment that music started playing, noped right the fuck out.

FUCK OFF FAGGOT FANBOY
STOP ASKING FOR SHIT SEQUELS TO GOOD GAMES
IF THE ORIGINAL TEAM LEFT NOTHING YOU LIKED ABOUT THAT GAME IS GOING TO BE IN THE NEXT ONE. IT'S FUCKING TIME TO MOVE ON.
YOU ARE THE PROBLEM WITH MODERN GAMING.

Calm your tits, I asked if there was going to be a new game, not that I wanted one.
I just want spooky vidya, no matter where it comes from.

Claire's tits are nowhere near perky enough in this image.

But the point is that multiple characters makes horror impossible. Other unpleasant emotions are still possible, but not fear.

That's not true. Sonic Mania looks like it's gonna be better than anything Sega did since the Genesis died.

Outbreak 1 and 2 were awesome. What would Outbreak 3 cover? It could cover the US military forces in Racoon City and end with that huge Tyant clusterfuck in the Dead factory where Nemesis was finally destroyed. I just hope if they ever decide to make an Outbreak 3, that Capcom doesn't make it a generic third person shooter. No more kooky outfits except for hidden bonuses.

I think the Japanese version had but they removed in the American so they could make the game harder and gain more money with video game rentals. I shit you not.

You're confused with the first release of Resident Evil 1 on PS1. RE2 does have auto-aim, you have to enable it in the input settings.

it's been so long that outbreak 3 could just be outbreak 1:HD edition and people read: me would still accept it and maybe even rike it

Has that Resident Evil team shooter come out yet? Obviously not a horror game, but still wanted to see if it was decent. Probably not.

you mean operation raccoon city? it's one of only two games that i've ever just plain thrown away

That what now ?

No, there was another one. Apparently it came out 6 months ago and I haven't even heard anything. It must be really fucking bad. And dead online anyways.

wew

This thread has me wanting to play more Resident evil, but I've played them all aside from Operation Racoon City, was it any good on PC?

There is a Fatal Frame movie, that everytime I try to watch, something happens. I most of the time I stop when the main girl is kissing a pic of other girl in the mouth. And up until there the movie is basically her telling how much she likes the other girl.

Speaking of game movies, does anyone knows where I can find the Ao Oni movie subbed? I prefer if I can download it, but beggars cant be choosers, so I also take a place to watch online.

Umbrella Corps looked like it had potential, but it just looks like a generic shooter and there are a ton of those on the market. It probably should have been more like Umbrella Chronicles, but with a greater emphasis on survival rather than running around like a spastic monkey. I say like UC in that it is based on stages and can follow the Umbrella clean up crews throughout the years without being ties to any one event.

Exactly, you are the problem. Stop sucking dick for shitty games.

Yeah, no, I bet it's shit when it comes out and your bullshit faggot hype is unfounded. But you'll still defend it and insist it's good because you're that much of a tool.

LOL Nice meme bro.

pure Holla Forumseddit

I thought we had left the "no fun allowed" faggots back in halfchan

So what sort of Horror game is this going to be anons? Condemned/Fear, or Outlast/every other horror game that's came out since fucking 2011

Are we gonna get a fresh formula this time around? The only gameplay I managed to find was from Polygon and them playing like shit aside, it seems like it's just a bunch of cutscenes thrown together about some invincible balding dude slapping you with a spade and you doing nothing about it in response.

FUCK SAKE. WHAT IS IT WITH GAMES THAT IF YOU HAVE NO WEAPON IN YOUR HANDS YOU SIMPLY CAN'T USE THE MOST OBVIOUS ONE AVAILABLE, YOUR FUCKING FISTS. WHY WOULD YOU PREFER TO DIE THAN TO USE YOUR FUCKING HANDS GODDAMN HOW THE FUCK IS IT SURVIVAL HORROR IF YOU WOULD RATHER DIE THAN PICK UP A BIT OF WOOD AND TRY TO DEFEND YOURSELF

In my opinion the best way to make it would be something like Condemned. I mean scarce ammo and a decent melee system which actually takes some skill to master, I don't want to be able to take out every single hunter, licker, crimson head, etc. with a knife on my first playthrough. Of course with some big guns for the bosses

In all honesty I don't see any other way this could be done properly. The shills have been in full force regardless, but if this game doesn't implement a decent melee system and actual desperate attempts to survive rather than just *RUN FROM INVINCIBLE MONSTER CLICHE* then it's just gonna be another token horror game that takes no steps forward.