Dead Rising 4 is SHIT

I hope the devs see this video

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/91s4K
store.[delete]steampowered.com/app/427190/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why do some games feel like they're regressing? It isnt like the graphics are getting substancially better or they're doing new things with games now.

because devs are lazy faggots that are only doing it for quick money, they dont really give a shit about quality, they know marketing will sell because most buyers are normalfags that dont look into the quality of the product they buy

I wish the money spent on marketing would go down somewhat and we get tighter but more well constructed games. It feels like the need for devs to go full AAA with millions spent on marketing will hurt them in the long run.

yo crowbat say hi

all his videos are god tier fam, i wouldnt post some other faggot youtuber on Holla Forums tbh

I'm pretty sure none of the people who worked on DR4 even did any work even on DR2. Basically they're lazy cunts who get away with it because they're westerners. DR1 is good because of superior nippon tech and people not lazing around relying purely on mocap.

To them, marketing is what sells games. The VAST majority don't care about the quality of the game and probably haven't played any other game in the series. They will buy things based purely on "hype" and play it for two hours then never touch it again. That is their target audience. All devs have to do now is release a game that somewhat works most of the time and is only not terrible enough to not damage their reputation.

But even then DR2 had a lot of TECHNOLOGY moments like the first game, I wonder how hard it is to add little touches like these.

i wouldn't post any faggot youtuber ever familiar, sure his videos are very much ok for Holla Forums standards but nigger, if you don't add something useful at the OP other than "fuck this thing right?" you're just shilling for a video that coincidentally was posted to-fucking-day not even one hour ago.

That's why i say, if you're just crowbat, at the very least say hi, and if you're not, then OP is a faggot, again.

Dead Rising was always shit

doubt they worked on the same source code, they just looked at the original and derived "inspiration" from it without really getting too deep into the mechanics

Holy fuck Dead Rising 4 is out ? I didn't even know. Hope it bombs so it can finally be put out of its misery.

Dead Rising is one of my favourite games, I hate to see the pile of shit it's become.

video game sequels was a mistake

It was a fun game series all the way until 3.

It certainly wasnt the same because there were differences in 2 like movement and animations speeds, but there were some things that were brought over. It feels like DR2 was the final evolution in ways.

Absolutely disgusting. How does a game from a decade ago still have more going for it than the series third sequel? How did we reach this point. The problems with DR1 should have been ironed out and fixed, yet even with its limits it is still the best in the series. Lazy and greedy developers and publishers.

Because they are
Dead Rising 4 doesn't even have proper shadows.

Basically. They hire studios who will work cheap and deliver shiny products instead of games that focus more on technology and gameplay. Really, I don't think most nudevs could pull off the coding required for some of this stuff any more.

For a while there they had nerdy as fuck programmers making vidya, now it's a bunch of normalfag hipsters who don't know what made games good in the first place.

It is crazy to see just how bad things have gotten though. I mean, they couldn't even make the graphics look nice for this one when that's become the main focus for almost all developers now of days.

I feel that graphics whores was a designed "movement" for lack of a better term, so that devs could sidestep new gameplay mechanics, maps and so on with "LOOK AT HOW NICE THIS GAME LOOKS THOUGH!". Even that is failing now.

If we have to compromise to make vidya great again, then please God lock us to 360/PS3 graphics while everything else advances to where we should actually be.

Now that I've watched it holy shit some of that stuff is appalling. When you're playing you don't necessarily notice it because you take those interactions for granted but when they're pointed out you realize just with how little thought of the player this game was done.
The nips probably designed DR1 with a state of mind that what they're doing is a game where the player will try to experiment a lot of stuff, on the other hand the canucks probably just wanted to do something cheap for a quick shekel grab.
The other option is that the canucks truly are incompetent and cannot do today what nips did 10 years ago. Western devs sure like to shit on japanese games but at least their game design philosophy puts the player first (at least it did back then, can't comment on nowadays).

Personally I'm still happy with the graphics from PS3/360. I really don't think graphics are really at the point where new consoles should exist, especially considering they still can't run or make games with good graphics and a steady 60 fps at the very least.

Another funny thing about this whole graphics thing, is that while they are slightly better, they often suffer from stiff, lifeless animations, terrible art directions, and little to no atmospheres. It's as if games are mostly made now to trick people into buying them from a few nice trailers.

Sad to think that is all our hobby has become, but I really don't see to many devs who genuinely care about the games they are putting out.

It's probably both those things. Most people who could actually into coding left vidya development to work on their own projects, or just aren't working any more.

Also, I wouldn't exactly give current day Japanese vidya the pass. Sure they are better than western games, but I feel they are having the same issue as anime at the moment where they are relying far to heavily on fan service to make up for substance.

Nothing wrong with fan service mind you.

Blame the idiot publishers who are compelled to pump more money into their marketing unit than say their dev team, you know, the guys actually making the product.

fucking Canadians ruined DR, also why are most western devs so fucking lazy? Japs used to put a lot of effort in the details but they too have been infected in the last decade or so.

Rushed deadlines, large development teams of inexperienced coders who don't communicate, bad directors focused on money and propoganda

Yeah I agree with current year japanese games.
It really does seem like DR gets worse the more they pump out sequels, I mean at some point there's gotta be an improvement right ? Nope, it's just a race to the bottom. For fuck's sake I don't now if it's the fanboi in me but even DR1 seems more appealing graphically.
God damn, all that money wasted for a shit product.

No it wasnt. It was always a shit series with awful gameplay.

Tell us why.

this made me appreciate dead rising 1 a lot more, there's stuff in this video i didn't know when about back from when i played it

Are you new or something? There has always been a drive for improved graphics. That is something that only stagnated during the xbox360/ps3 era because that's when consoles got massive and everyone was stuck making games for sub-par 2006 hardware for most of a decade. This is why in some places even Crysis 2 and the remake of Crysis for consoles fell inferior to the original game.
Back in ca. 1996, Quake came out and forced people to go buy proper 3D-accelerating graphics cards for god's sake. It's called progression. The good kind, not the political kind.

That explains everything. Look at Ubisoft games for example. They can't even get simple things like night time right (daytime + blue is not night time, funny how Watch_Dogs got it right though) or comprehend that the lever on the handlebar of an ATV is the throttle and actually needs to be pushed in to make it move.

wew
The last hurrah for Monolith there. All downhill after that.
RIP

Don't bother with special snowflake autists, just hide their ID.

Every time.

Nah, I can vouch for that too. Never played any DR games and I still thought the first game looked better than 4 as I watched that video.

it's little details like that which show that the developers obviously care about their game deeply and lets you appreciate it a little bit more

dead rising 4 on the other hand shows that those canucks only wanted to make a few canuck bucks by achieving the bare minimum for their game to resemble Dead Rising on a very surface level

What makes it good?

And just take the suggestions of the 'fanbase' to pander casuals to buy the game. Also using meme humor and internet shit.

because your pattern recognition is about 10 years too slow to stem the tide.

Honestly, blatant shifting the burden of evidence like this can't be classified as anything but incredibly low-tier bait with no intent for proper discussion. You really deserve no further replies.

It's a shitty third person game with nothing to distinguish itself aside from a gimmicky photography mechanic.

I fucking love little details like that. Do any devs besides like CD Projekt Red and indies care about their games enough to do shit like that?

yeah so deep

Some modern games still has great attention to detail imgur.com/a/91s4K

I can't fucking wait for a crack, I want to play this shit so bad but I can't bring myself to support the level of jewery they're pulling with this game.

Is HITMAN the first game to let you actually shoot and deform mirrors with proper reflections both when clean and broken? There's probably some games out there, but most mirrors were usually unbreakable or already broken beforehand.

It's kind of astounding how they managed to make literally everything worse.

GTA V was a massive step down in attention to detail. What the fuck is wrong with you? 90% of the shit on that list is just doing things correctly. Keep your imgur faggotry on reddit.

I prefer IV but there's a handful of things V improved on, it's probably about even in terms of overall attention to detail.

The real important question is does it have anything on the level of

WWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Sounds to me like you have never played a single DR game.

I'm playing DR1 for the first time now actually. Picked it up because some of the devs worked on BoFV and I loved that game.

It's a shame to see that their legacy wasn't respected. They make a great game that admittedly has some shitty controls and terrible AI but I'm still having fun with it. But seeing this video irks me. When was the last time a japanese game got a western dev to work on their property and it was respected? Metroid Prime?

Crowbcat, stop fucking shilling here. For fuck sake. I'll watch your videos of my own accord.

That's the only one I can think of. Maybe Sonic Mania when that comes out.

Fugg, I thought it was a shit game

I actually got the complete edition off g2a during the winter sale, even with its problems its still a good game, worth the 15 i paid for it.

These are a thing for a reason.

What is the Joke here.

Shit 'cs-grad' tier coding.

For instance, the third one has the program wait 24 hours to get the date of the next day.

It's supposed to show examples of programming so bad it's funny. Most of them probably aren't real. The first one is real and is the most egregious one of the three in that post.

I'd do a shitty job too if I had to work 20 hour days around release, had no time to fix anything QC points out, had to work for hacks who want to water down every game into what the focus groups want, and got paid barely above minimum wage with no time to take off for vacation.

Even with all these company reviews telling people exactly what the working conditions are, people still go work there.

CCP is still pretty bad. no paid overtime for anyone, and they expect you to work 7 days without a break.

Read the comment on that dudes videos.
You can easily see when a normalfags feel they're being shat on when their brand loyalty TM game is being shat on.
Just see the gta 5 vs 4 video.
Truly worse than anything on this planet.

This just makes me want to buy DR1 HD on the PS4 while its one sale. Talk about shooting themselves in the foot with this release.

even so, 5's driving was fucking boring as all hell. It wasn't the arcadey speed gain that 4 had and the environment wasnt nearly as detailed as 4 was

Have you seen how many games have gotten the Remastered treatment? Shit's outta control.

There's a Dead Rising 4?!

GTAV had better driving because GTA IV had fucked up inertia, if Rockstar just fixed the inertia in GTAIV then it would have a much better driving system.

t. GTAV Redux

Yup, it's just as terrible as Mafia III though, avoid if possible.

also

what the fuck man

forgot to add in

Gun handling was vastly superior in GTAV since it borrowed heavily from Max Payne 3 which had very fluid gun mechanics, as opposed to GTAIV which had very stiff combat. GTAIV was better in everything else other than combat and maybe driving.

Also GTA was always meant to be an arcade like game, you nigger.

Even marketing is fucked up. It's just some middle aged asshole going up the stairs on the right opposed to a guy in a jacket fucking up people with a CRT on the left. It's a battle between Elevator simulator and Black Friday simulator.

He's saying GTA V was only better then GTA IV because IV fucked up the inertia, which is true. Drifting is fucking impossible when it shouldn't be. If it wasn't for that then IV would have another thing over V (like it needs more).

Fucking hell this is fascinating to read

Why not get the PC version instead? Why torture yourself with the shitty inferior gaystation version?

Pretty much. also shooting which is more responsive and faster in GTAV due to the weapon wheel, which while unrealistic really adds a much better dynamic to the combat.

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO DRIFT YOU FUCKING RETARD, ARCADE GAMES HAD DRIFTING YOU NIGGER

oh i understand more, he's saying if they fixed intertia the base driving is actually fixed and not gay?

As said, the problem with GTAIV's driving is that it's bloody impossible to drift, if it wasn't for the fucked up driving inertia then GTAIV would have a much better driving system. I don't excuse poor game design as casualness and neither should anyone else with half a brain.

exactly you nigger

Honestly, watching this video just made me realise just how far the sequels fell from the original. Like wasn't the whole point of the original that it was sort of a loving tribute to the classic Romero zombie films while also poking fun at the absurd nature of the genre. The zombies are slow but are a threat in numbers and the fun comes from your own creativity due to the huge amount of options you have. Now however it's just generic zombie title #127 where all the zombies are fast and the player is discouraged from playing a certain way.

Makes sense though since the original was made by Japs, while the sequels were made by Capcom Vancouver. Go figure.

Gun handling was really mediocre, enemies wouldnt have their guns fly out of their hand if you shot them like in gta 4, the guns felt like they only poked them with a finger everytime.

also

it is if its made well like in simcade or simulation games where the car is actually fun to drive then yes, not if the car is just a fucking "oh lets do this this time"

Get back to me when you play something that isn't 50CC Mario Kart

Yeah, In GTA IV, if you find a Dukes with a blower, it's no different then then a random sedan for drifting which is bullshit.

pic related gave it away

by gun handling I'm specifically talking about combat and how fluid you can switch from a pistol to a shotgun to an RPG to a Railgun. Shit makes me wish GTAIV had the mechanic of GTAV. However you are correct when you say GTAV's guns feel like pea shooters, which is one of GTAV's main problems. Using guns and moving around is better than IV, but shooting the actual gun isn't as satisfying.

wew

From what I've been hearing they've apparently done what they've been doing from the 2nd game onward and just making it more le randumb xddddd and casualizing further?

Dead Rising 2 had a little bit of assistance with the Japanese developers. 3 & 4 is all out Canada. It's also funny how they made a big deal about selfies considering that was in Off the Record (But give it credit, TJ actually voiced Frank and not some Troy Baker/Nolan North/Steve Blum impersonator)

Not to mention GTA V is quite possibly the most jewish fucking game ever made so far, my dipshit normalfag friend kept telling me to get it so I could play online with him. A month later and I still can't get over the fact I actually have to sit on the couch with a notepad to price out my fucking bullets in a GTA game. Not to mention they did everything they possibly could to force you to buy shark cards

It's fairly disgusting how much they're getting away with it. Take this for example Yes Yes Ecelebs, a ten minute youtube video with four vehicles cost $240 just to make which is summed up a bit before 9:30. It baffles me how anyone is actually playing this garbage I don't think it's even lowered in price much since launch which is closing in on 2 years now.

Any more of this?

Sadly no.

GTA IV's driving is more close to realism as was its player movement. You or your car cant accelerate instantly to max speed or turn on a dime.

Shooting felt better because you move more realisticly and the enemies actually react to your shooting, especialy in the legs / hands, in GTA IV it actually feels like the palyer model has weight and is an actual person and not a crazy guy hopped up on drugs ignoring the laws of physics.
You try going prone or crouching with a ton of ammo and weapons on you and then accelerate into a full sprint in less than half a second.
Same thing for the cars too, they actually felt like heavy objects and they try to preserve their movement direction like they should.

The only thing left here is to just agree that we like different things, I prefer it to be close to realism and you prefer the arcadey casual style of approach.
I'm still adamant on the fact that anyone who likes it the arcadey way is a total faggot tho.

Not to mention that all the NPC's are fucking shallow and devoid of any effort to make them human like.
Like when you stand infront of a person / cop too long he just ups and decide to murder you with whatever he has for a weapon.

Well that's not so bad, why are they complaining, if anything the new one looks much more responsive and engagi-

Melee combat was better in GTA IV

ALRIGHT, TIME TO OVERANALYZE THE SHIT OUT OF THESE TWO POSTERS DESPITE HAVING NEVER PLAYED NOR CARED ABOUT THIS SERIES

The poster on the left is showing a chaotic, hectic scene in which the man in the middle is obviously struggling (exaggerated expression) but also still quite capable (he's lifting a fucking CRT). However, he's not the only part of the scene- there's an ensemble of the dead surrounding him- one of which seems to have recently been struck (presumably by our main character), showing that he's fighting all of them at once. Furthermore, their arms are outstretched, and very near him- a sign of imminent danger. Lastly, there's a distinctive glare surrounding the main character- either fire, or sparks flying- suggesting a pretty action packed experience.

The poster on the right looks like a dance number. The characters in the background- with the exception of the red mouthed "thriller" posed guy- all seem like regular people, just posed strangely. The character in the center seem disgruntled and frustrated, but not all too concerned. His pose is fairly relaxed, like he's about to maybe go for a jog, but nothing too tense. On the bottom left, we can see a blind nigger faggot trying to find his glasses. Also, for some reason, the air is orange and red, but no visible fire or other damage can be seen. One can only presume that this is a mall-wide rave party with disgruntled, middle aged men- which isn't as exciting as it sounds.

Hope that helps, Holla Forums!

Thats bad. The little things that really make a game good or bad. Cannot even do this like pick up items in stores or easy shit like close/open a door?

How do you fuck up marketing this bad. Which one would you rather buy?

or

I genuinely wonder why its so difficult for Capcom Vancouver to go back to the simple formula that made the first two games great. For each positive step they take like removing load times between sections they mess up elsewhere and its baffling.

You already know the answer to that, user. They really did play the first game to see what people liked about it, then immediately afterwards they all went into a boardroom to ask "now how can we make this game appeal to stupid people?" They never cared about anything but the numbers.

I wish this meme would die already.

Well I hope its worked out for them, right now they're losing fans by the way of things, I wanted with every fibre of my being to want to like DR4 after how 3 was.

The priorities are all fucked for the DR sequels. 2 is the only one that seemed to have sort of gotten it close to right but even then things got kind of fucked up.

The new DR's are all about making even biggerrer zombie hoards, and 'wacky' combo weapons to kill those zombies with. Attention to detail for zombie models and animations go out the window when you have to quadruple the size of the hoards that can be on screen at any one time, and the emphasis on making dumb combo weapons and more open world elements means that the attention to detail and interactivity goes out the window.

Dead Rising's open worlds were always small but highly interactive. As we've seen time and again, the bigger your world is, the less there is to fuck around with.

The worst example of this can be GTA5 or Just Cause 2. The worlds are fucking massive but there's jack shit to do in it or keep you interested for long. Especially when after a while you probably dont even remember routes and shit on the map and instead look at the minimap or waypoints the whole time.

It seems like these 3rd person games are just blending together now a days. DR 4 is basically another GTA V, but in a mall with zombies. They all seem to cut corners in the same way, in how the environment is bland and you cannot really interact with it. If only these people could try to be different and not look at what similar game has been selling a lot recently and copy that.

You're ok in my book

That requires Mr. Shekelsniff in marketing to see anything past his nose rather than smell money..

I can't stand the weapon wheel and I also hate how you can carry all of your weapons now. I much preferred when there were 2 or 3 different weapons for each weapon type but you could only carry 1 of them. Flicking through all of your weapons online just to find the one you want is such a fucking hassle. Plus all of the weapon variation is pointless when nearly every mission just gives you the weapon they want you to use for it.

Outside of that mission with franklin where you buy the shotgun, i've never ever gone into an ammunation to buy a new gun or parts. It's such a waste of a mechanic

Not really. This is Capcom.

Hahaha epic post! XDDDD

Any sales data on this abomination?

Between this, Street Fighter V, and Umbrella Corps how close are we to seeing Modern Capcom finally going bankrupt?

At least Midway died gracefully.

GEEZ YAAY FRANKURT WESTABRO !
WE NEED MORE FRANKIE !

Honestly, I saw this one coming 100 miles away with a microscope. Most of the people who played 2 complained there isn't any frank west, i mean it's okay if its not frank but the formula must be there which is pretty good in 2 i say, when 3 hit it was all shit with gameplay and story.

Then i realize have frank west or not will not revive the game and its rightful legacy. I hope fuckers realize it's not frank west who is the image of the game.

All of this is making me want to play Dead Rising 1.

just play state of decay for that authentic zombie apocalypse feel. shit's gonna get tiring after a few days though

So how good is the DR1 PC port? Anything different?

The 1st one had superior sound, physics, and love put into it compared to its sequels. The only thing 2 had going for it was bigger areas and co-op. 3 and 4 may as well be thrown into a bog with leaves.

From what I can gather. It will take some more time before they get liquidated, plus they are low enough for doing exclusive deals.

So I would bet my money they will survive for a long time. Either doing mobile stuff and small titles, or licenses of their IP.
But it kinda depends on how well RE7 does, since the start of the next fiscal year they got a warm seller in the Japanese market with Monster Hunter.

So it will take time and Sega will probably just take them also like they did with Atlus.

I think it's worth noting that Dead Rising began life as a sequel to Shadow of Rome, and was changed when that game unfortunately (and undeservedly) flopped. While a ton of things changed besides the setting, I always felt like DR1 really benefited from the influence that carried over from SoR, and worsened as it got away from that.

It runs quite well on my above-average computer, I don't know if there's any difference between it and the console version though since this is the first time I've played it.

Can someone please point me to a good torrent for Dead Rising 1? I've had a look but everything i knew is dead.

If you're gonna act like a faggot then find it yourself.
Here's a step in the right direction and more importantly involves you leaving
www.google.com

Please man, its not for me. Its the first game my girlfriend has expressed any interest in for months.

you're a faggot, go find it yourself then kill yourself

Still doesn't excuse shitposting two random pics to keep the thread needlessly bumped.

Anyways here comes the plane
store.[delete]steampowered.com/app/427190/
Have fun, now leave.

That is still around?
Fuck me, I am out of the loop.
You're right though, my bad.
thank you.

Kill yourself.

Just make sure you've got the right address.

It did get shut. That one is Kickass.cd and it's a mirror of TPB. There's apparently a legit Kickass but it requires you to make an account and fuck that. I find it's also prone to be missing torrents so try Extratorrents if kickass doesn't work. Anyways think before you start spamming worthless images faggot

If you're this retarded and desperate then just fucking buy it, it's $20 and it will send a message to Crapcom that they need to get proper nip devs to make their games instead of outsourcing them to numale Canadians.

I recently played Dead Rising for the first time, and it really just made me sad. Seeing an early-7th gen game with all the creativity of a 6th gen game is depressing when you realize that this is what video games were supposed to be, yet 10 years later here we have this bastardization that shows how far games have actually regressed since then. I'm truly amazed that the comparison between these two games can show us exactly how fucked up this medium has become throughout an entire decade.

TLDR: Marketing and shilling a game are no match for word of mouth. Keep ruining AAA's day by calling them on their garbage and promote good games.

Holla Forums keeps saying the masses will buy anything that is advertised to them but the truth is rather different. Let me say yes, a lot of people do not care or are so uniformed they will buy absolute garbage without any research or idea what they're buying, but it doesn't really work, and there is a reason why, but before explaining that let's talk about why it appears to work.

Why it appears to work is because few sales can turn a lot of money in video games. If you self publish on Steam you get 70% of the games earnings. For each $60 sale a company gets $42, rarely does a publisher have to pay anything to devs, but let's argue they have a great bonus contract and get 10 percent of sales reducing the figure to $37.80. Game sells 1 million units it makes 37.8 million dollars. You can see how it's relatively easy to make dev costs back off of digital sales.

Breaking down console sales for each $60 the publisher gets only $27, so 1 million console sales equals 27 million dollars. A typical game budget goes about 60 million with another 10-30 million in marketing. A game has to sell only 2.6 million copies to make back the money that was spent on development on consoles. On the PC it only needs to sell 1.86 million units to break even.

There are 125 million users on steam with a peak of 14,370,167 users in the last 48 hours and a low of 7,937,940. To break even a company has to get only 23.4% of the lower users to buy their game and only 13% of the peak. With 40 million ps4's sold and less than half of that in Xbox Ones available, the available market of gamers is 60 million on consoles and 125 million on PC. Even saying half of steam accounts are dead that's still 62.5 million users. They need only 3.1% on any either platform to adopt their game in order to break even.

Yet each new AAA release we hear how they're not only not breaking even but posting losses. Watch Dogs 2 sells between 60-80 percent less than its original, Mafia 3 didn't even break a million, Xcom 2 failed, Dishonored sold over 30 percent less than its original, and Fallout 4 sold about the same as New Vegas. Why are consumers not lapping up these games?

Aside from genre preference, it's because marketing does not sell video games as well as companies and Holla Forums thinks it does. In fact (second pic related) marketing and shills only help push 26% of sales, where as word of mouth effects 33% of sales. Ever wonder why companies try to shill so hard on Holla Forums and reddit? It's because the average word of mouth make or break a game. Keep in mind this figure is from 2009 before consumers lost all faith in journalists. Word of mouth is likely larger than it ever was, and it's not going away anytime soon.

Need proof? Holla Forums tanked DMC's sales, likely hurt Fallout 4's sales by spoiling the story, and has helped other games become a huge success like Dragons Dogma's PC release and numerous games that are discussed every so often. Sarkesian and the Whos can't even muster minor blips in sales, but regular gamers can destroy a game.

Part 2 because of faggot post limit

Why are these companies still around then? Two reasons, Credit and savings. These companies have good ratings and large savings. It was said Nintendo can continue screwing up for another 50 years and not worry about going bankrupt at their current spending habits. It sucks, but it takes many years for these companies to die. Capcom nearly bit the dust a few years ago before litterally forming a think tank to figure out what gamers really wanted over what SJWs and circle jerkers claimed we wanted. Electronic Arts bleeds money badly and will probably shutter Visceral and Bioware leaving them with just DICE in the next year after the failure of Mass Effect Andromeda and if the recent AMA here with EA marketing user was correct Visceral can't release their Star Wars game because EA doesn't have the license anymore. They've lost sports licenses as well.

Square Enix hasn't barely manages to turn any profit on any of it's games and their Publishing side of things likely eats up whatever revenue they generate. Deus Ex: Standards Divided flopped and already is being discounted to $15s in some places. Final Fantasy 15 failed to break 8 million when it needed 10 million sales and is the worse selling game in series history in Japan. The second Tomb Raider Reboot failed, and the first took over 3 years to begin turning a profit.

Crytek was never huge but is dying do to mismanagement of epic proportions.

Sadly it takes time, a lot of time for these companies to go bankrupt and if they have a cash cow like Take 2 and GTAV Online and Activison with Overwatch and COD, then they can put off their death for quiet a length of time. Fortunately investors don't care if only one game is making the company money. To them 60 million down the drain on projects is unacceptable at any level less than profitable and this is our saving grace. This is why Take 2 has to lie to its investors talking about shipped numbers when it's franchises are floundering.

Keep up the word of mouth anons, it works more than you think.

I missed this, do you have an archive link, user?

That video makes me want to play Dead Rising 1.

Remember: nudevs are canadian. Have you not seen the interviews?

What if Dead Rising 4 is an elaborate advertising campaign for an upcoming Dead Rising 1 HD refresh?

But Dead Rising PC was suppose to be advertising for DR4. Who the fuck is their marketing head, Tzeentch?

isnt that what they did to coca cola. release a shitty product to get people to buy the old better one. kinda like that futurama episode with the slug

Essentially.

I bought the port and I enjoyed it almost as much as I did when it released on 360 so it's a safe bet if you're in the same position as me.
On a sorta related note I also tried the HD release of RE4 (last time I had played it was on PS2 at its release) and I loved it. Really shows that the people spouting "video games weren't better before !" are just full of shit and like to gobble corporate cock whenever they can.

You're ignoring a pretty big factor when it comes to the industry; remakes and rehashes.

Most of those companies have enough IPs to do a few HD re-releases every year for another decade. They've tried making new properties and typically fail every time. They also tried 'rebooting' older game series and that didn't work. Attempts at branching the series off into an entirely different genre or style have been laughable.

If FF15 flopped it's because the market wants a remastered FF6 or 7. Nobody wants Deus Ex: Standards Divided they want Deus Ex HD Edition. Somehow only Nintendo understands this, whether I buy a brand new Tetris or Mario Kart game in 2017 or 2117 it'll be the same fundamental game. The only thing these reboots share is the brand name and maybe the setting.

Sooner or later they're either going to figure this out or there will be a large schism in the community. One side will be a plethora fantastic games with updated graphics using fan made open engines that fixes bugs and add improvements that cost almost nothing and run on everything. On the other side absolute garbage that's designed from the ground up to encourage microtransactions and only shares superficial similarities to the older game it's based on. And it's going to be both expensive and dumbed-down for a casual audience.

ff6 is actually pretty unpopular, and the original deus ex is not as good in the public mind as you, or Holla Forums thinks it is.

If you had to chose between FF6 or FF15, Deus Ex or the newer one what would you pick?

I know which I'd go with and can safely say that most people on this board would make a similar choice. The newer games simply aren't any good on top of having DLC or microtransactions. The people making them and the audience it's intended to appeal to are both terrible.

you are asking the wrong question, and I think this is the foundation of your lack of understanding of the situation. You should be looking at sales numbers and analyzing market trends to figure out why publishers behave the way they do, part of why an original deus ex remake, or another ff6 remake (there's been a few already) wouldn't exactly be a rounding success with the masses.

Deus Ex wasn't exactly a killer seller at launch, and being one of the oldest games on steam always sold at a vast discount from the launch price and experienced numerous sales discounts, despite its pedigree as an all time classic PC game the game has only pushed 1.2m units on steam since its launch nearly 10 years ago.

god, condemned 2 was garbage. fuck. what a waste of potential

It wouldn't have to be a huge success with the masses if they kept development costs reasonable and gave the fans of the originals what they want.

Their current strategy clearly isn't working. I'm sure another FF6 remake would sell a lot less than FF15 did but if it costs 1/100th to make and can be done in a year or two instead of 10 then it might make business sense.

Deus Ex is another case where they wanted to pump out new titles every 2-3 years for a decade and it's already over after 2. They've killed the brand immediately after building it up, it's ridiculous.

These disasters don't only erode consumer confidence in their products which hurts them when they want to try something new it also eats up a valuable IP.

As I said they have enough IPs to keep this going for a decade or more but sooner or later it'll stop working.

Speaking of the new Deus ex, any word yet if the new one is fucking cracked yet?

What's wrong with shilling for quality. People do it all the time for substandard products and Holla Forums barely bat an eye, but the moment its an eceleb suddenly its some sort of crime.
Just put on ad-block. Fucking sorted.

This. The entire concept of the game is just fucking retarded. What is the point of having a sandbox game if you're on a timer?

What album?

Are you talking about this?

According to Coca-Cola Chief Marketing Officer Sergio Zyman, Tab Clear was an intentionally "suicidal," "kamikaze" effort to create an unpopular beverage that was positioned as an analogue of Crystal Pepsi in order to "kill both in the process." The "born to die" strategy included using the poor-performing Tab brand rather than Coke, labeling the product as a "sugar free" diet drink to confuse consumers into thinking Crystal Pepsi had no sugar, and marketing the product as if it were "medicinal." Zyman said "Pepsi spent an enormous amount of money on the brand and, regardless, we killed it. Both of them were dead within six months."[9]

Dead Rising is raising your own child.

Dead Rising 4 is sending your child to daycare.

its cracked
dont bother its short, chock full of diversity basicly augs = niggers . muh we so oppressed shite with very heavy handed story telling. only good thing is the environments in prague are pretty cool albeit very limited in depth

that's one reason why you can start the game over at any time, carrying over your progress. DR wasn't designed for you to just play through the main story once.

also, the whole idea of 'you can use anything you find here at the mall, but you'd better not lose track of time or you're fucked' is, well, because the fucking game is based on Dawn of the Dead.

joos

Honestly, if it didn't have the timer it'd just turn into GTA. Everyone would just dick around until they got bored because there's no sense of urgency. Plus the main missions give you a ton of time to get around to doing them. Removing shit like this is why games are so fucking boring now ontop of OPs vid.

That's why you can carry over your stats whenever you feel like it to defeat bosses and rescue people that you couldn't before. And there is a free-roaming mode unlocked after finishing the game, you would know this if you had completed the game.

I see this all the fucking time in relation to Dead Rising and it's always said by fucking retards who don't understand why that feature is or should be included.

Dead Rising is a game about achieving short term goals as fast as possible. Running around and slaughtering zombies is cathartic, but only when done sparingly, before it becomes very, very, boring. I've seen it happen multiple times, I play DR with somebody else, they bitch about the time limit so they ignore it until it runs out and goes full sandbox. They continue to play for like an hour before killing zombies gets boring and then they never touch it again.

Others already went into detail so I'll just add the obligatory: this is another case of someone too stupid to grasp the core concept of a game. Who would have guess a zombie title of all things would be too "complex" for some to understand.

Is this one of those videos where a game with like 50 hi res mods and maximum settings is pitched against another one with all setttings on low plus running on a complete toaster?

yeah dude

It's vanilla DR1 on PC vs DR4 on Xbone. DR4 still looks very much like shit on PC though, I think the problem runs much deeper than just texture resolution, model detail or AA.
I wouldn't know how to explain it precisely but DR4 just look like any other AAA garbage with the gooey effect, shiny reflections and terrible color palette. Honestly I remember when I played Lost Planet and Dead Rising for the first the time, I thought something clean, cohesive and serviceable for its setting would be the standard for big productions now. They had the right amount of details to have something very appealing for the player without hindering gameplay or being too cluttered. If I'd known that instead I'd look at those games 10 years later like a fucking miracle I'd have toned down my expectations.

You are wrong

You can thank sony for creating the casual audience with the PS2. That is where this all started.

But the PS2 was the best console of its generation hands down, if anything you can thank the following

No, the 360 and PS3 were byproducts of the PS2. The PS2 is STILL tge best selling console of all time. It blew the gates wide open for casual hordes with its multimedia horseshit and giant library of shitty sports/dancing/etc games which are the best selling ones. It had a bunch of mediocre to decent games, sure, but that doesnt change the fact that the PS2 is 100% responsible for the direction the 7th and 8th gen have gone.

I disagree, even though loads of people probably got a PS2 because it was a more affordable DVD player there were loads of great games on it. Personally I think Nintendo are more to blame with the success of the Wii and DS.

I've never played it and perhaps it's for the better from what I've heard. Perhaps I should've never played Dead Rising 2 too.

It had a lot of great games, what's up with this new super contrarianism that i'm noticing here lately?

It was probably one of the best consoles of all time. This was because if devs had to choose a platform to make their game on they're gunna go with the record setting seller because it has a bigger audience. A good part of this was because a ton of people who don't play games got it for the DVD player. I mean shit, when I got a PS2 the only game my parents bought me was one sports game, and then it literally just became a DVD player.

The DS was a handheld PS2 essentially, you can blame it and cellphones for the handheld boom and all the weird niche games moving to it rather than staying on consoles.

The Wii's audience didn't bring any actual long term casuals in.I mean seriously, you don't see grannies on the Xbone like you did with Wii Sports.The PS2 is the one that definitely fucked the industry because it popularized dark and edgy games for 12 year olds. The 360 is MORE to blame for providing games like Halo and focusing on online, attracting even MORE 12 year olds.

Hell, the world would have been a better place if people bought into the weirder niche games on the Wii. Opoona, The Last Story, Earth Seeker, Pandora's Tower, Xenoblade, the Trauma games, Sin and Punishment 2, Fragile Dreams, and Baroque were a million times more creative and fun that anything on the 360 or PS3

Opoona, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower didn't sell because they were mediocre and poorly marketed.

Nope. One of the best JRPGs and the best ARPG of the generation honestly. Out of the rainfall trio, Pandora's tower was a pure joy through and through. I mean, I can understand you not liking the last story or something like that, TLS is a very modern RPG but it has enough classic elements and content to distract you from the fact that it's a railroad. But Pandora's tower was fucking godly in it's everything, from it's puzzles to it's bosses, to it's enemies, to the waifu mechanic, and I fucking hate waifu mechanics.

Poorly marketed is a given because no one fucking bought the wii for anything but wii sports and smash.It's why the genuinely good games never ended up selling.

- It creates tension for a game primarily about survival and unraveling a mystery.
- The Time limit gives the world a sense of realism, things happen with or without your input, people will die if you don't take actions and you're aware of it. Other people will act without your input.
- It fits with the premise of a zombie plague being covered up.

Playing DR1 for the first time now and while it's frustrating, the time limit keeps me moving forward on this first run and I know that I can just restart when I have more levels to make getting multiple objectives a lot easier. That gameplay loop is very similar to what Capcom did for Breath of Fire V Dragon quarter and since I know that I'm going to go as far as I can then just restart and try and mop up the survivors I have to miss or the Psychopaths I don't feel like dealing with.

you never played condemned 2? let me sum it up for you

It's definitely worth playing just for the first 3/4ths of the game. Especially for the bear level.

To be honest asking why Dead Rising has a timer is almost as retarded as asking what's the point of making an FPS if you don't have infinite ammo. The game was designed around the time constraint and I'm wondering if it's not the same couple of autists repeating the same shit in every fucking Dead Rising thread.

That sounds like a nice trainwreck indeed but at least they had the decency to stop at 2.

No. The DS is just an evolution on the GBA and ut had more great games than any console in gen7. The Wii piggybacked off the PS2 audience and even then performed worse. The rise of shitty games like GTA, Call of Duty etc as well as the push towards online multiplayer rests entirely on the PS2. The only people denying this are the very same induviduals who were raised on that piece of shit.

Shilling is always wrong. Sharing quality shit is nice and helps everyone, up to a point. Crowbat guy is good to share because he's not a voice or face in the videos he makes, he is just the maker.

Every good dev did it once upon a time.
Unfortunatley they are an endangered species by today.

Is dead rising 2 any good?

Talented people get canned in favor of "culturally diverse quotas" of talentless lazy hacks. Compare early WOW which were a bunch of jolly nerds, and current WOW which are a bunch of greedy color coded tumblerinas.

I fully understand the design decision and the logic behind it. I'm saying it's fucking retarded. The entire premise of the game is fucking retarded. It is not a fun sandbox. It does not create a sense of urgency. It's just boring as hell.

Your opinions are bad and you should feel bad.

It's pretty fun

Not everything has to be a sandbox, user.

Do you lack any form of reading comprehension? I said it's a shit game regardless of what you call it. It does literally nothing well.

Just filter him and move on

Motherfucker everything in the game is timed, with multiple events taking place at the same time it's litterally impossible to do them all at once, and that's without taking into account the secret events and insanely hard achievements. Goofing off is only for leveling purposes and knowhow (where the best gear is, fastest routes, shops, etc.), you have fun while you start mastering the game's layout and fighting mechanics to prepare for the hardcore shit you'll have to survive later on, like OP bosses and zombie infested long distances to run.

But isn't it also by Capcom Vancouver? I guess Dead Rising 1 is the only real Capcom Dead Rising game.

Yes, very much so, it improves a lot of things, tho its not as tight as DR1 it also has a bland multiplayer.. Pro-tip: Gloves+Combat Knife= Wolverine claws, which do the most consistent dps and are easy to stack.

The final boss is so cheap and boring compared to DR1 but other than that its fine.

You can still play the game without the timer you stupid shirt.

Have you ever played the game?

go back to cuckchan

Maybe he didn't make it

The art in his face alone is a world of difference, look at the intensity of Frank's expression on the left, you can almost see the sweat , the light and shadows further intensify the already desperate scene. Look at the arms, right above his head, which is the recommended thing to do in case of getting stuck in the middle of a mob, reason being you can actually use your arms even if your body is immobilized.

The art of the guy on the right looks stale and liveless, with a lot of orange and brown like a generic COD game. Bears an expression ihs face that verges on uninterested, his pose isn't fight ready, his camera shouldn't be on his fucking hand, expecially when he's holding a bat on his other hand, not to mention the barbed wire on the bat could cut his own shoulder. His stance looks wobly legs too tightly packed. In the original game his legs are far apart giving him a more solid stance, in a mob scenario, he'll get toppled over easily.

Stop being mad butt blasted faggot because you were proven wrong.

I will never understand how people could criticize the original game on the grounds that you can't just fuck around at your own pace. It's like they don't have the will to tell the game to fuck off and just return to the game after the loading prompt shows up.

They want to have their cake and eat it too I guess, but that kind of mentality just leads to the bland paste of a game that is DR4.

You can always replay you know. Dipshit.

If you're gonna play a sequel, you should play Off The Record. More Frank(with the original VA and the camera system is back), more content, and an extra sandbox/challenge mode. Plus the final boss is way cooler.

if you're gonna be on 8ch, learn how to use 8ch, you fucking cuckchanner.

Damn. I just realized microsoft fucked up so bad, that the fanboys died out.

Because knowing that you have an hour left to save a survivor after dealing with a deranged ex soldier who has holed up in a hardware shop isn't tense.

Having to decide between the next case file or two lovers stranged in a horde isn't tense.

Thank god you don't design video games.

CULTURE IN DEEECCCLLLLIIINNNNNEEEE

Incredible

JUST

It's Half Life 2 ultra-low custom config tier bad.

Off The Record on premise alone was fucking rad
playing as an out of shape has-been getting reacquainted with being a badass is such a breath of fresh air compared to all the snarky 20-somethings or buff mclargehuges in everything else

OTR and even Case West make Frank's case of reverse aging all the weirder.

Wrong. Once you've played enough, you can save every survivor, defeat all psychos and complete all case files. You could even get all PP stickers, weapons and outfits if you try really hard on top of that.

It's really not.

confirmed never played DR1

So you're issue isn't the time limit but the game being boring now?

You're trolling at this point.

Fuck off dev apologists. Devs are the rainbow-haired cunts that hate meritocracy with a passion and don't care nor know about the thing they are working on (see any DR4 interview). Publishers are suits that want the game to sell, the devs are the ones creating the game to be a big steaming pile of shit, you think the publishers wanted these faggots to make a low-effort piece of shit like DR4 that will fail?

Game budget is at an all-time high, the marketing budget is even bigger but the actual game budgets have not shrunk, they've grown. The difference is that before the devs were a group of motivated and passionate neckbeards that had actual skill and didn't ask for exorbitant salaries and Kindergarten safespace playrooms in the office. Now they are SanFran faggots with a "degree" in Feminist Studies who hate what they are working on and will do 1 hour of work in an entire day. The people pushing out actual skill aren't the publishers, it's the clique SJW faggot developers.

Even if you've been living under a rock the last 3 years when it has been shown again and again that publishers really aren't the real evil and the real evil are these Marxist cockroaches, you can just look at Kickstarter. There's your pure, unfiltered developer with no publisher to chain him down. Enjoy.

This goes for a lot of games, not just DR4.

It's like Wh40k.
They have remnants of the dark age of technology but they're unable to reproduce it.

It's both, as I have been stating. The time limit prevents it from being a sandbox. It's a shitty sandbox underneath anyway. It's also a shitty whatever-the-fuck it's supposed to be. I just can't understand how anyone can stomach the game for more than an hour.

I can attest to this since that's exactly what I did.
I saved all the survivors and got the true ending at the same time.

Its a good feeling. I regret not killing just a few more soldiers during the final night as I would have easily hit level 50 too.

First thing I did when I started a new game was immediately go to the tunnels and get zombie genocide I must have went up 25 levels from that alone it was pretty funny.
When I was getting 7 day survivor I watched Escape from New York. Good times.

I admit to have never tried Infinite mode. The requirement of 10/14 hours of continuous play doesn't appeal to me now and didn't way back during the 360 era either.

You said you went underground first and got some levels? Did you save and restart with a leveled up Frank? I was talking about starting from level 1 and doing everything. I literally was a few soldiers away from level 50 but thought there was no need to kill just a few more right before the helicopter arrives.

I used a leveled frank
I'm sure you could do everything with a level 1 frank but he moves far too slow for my tastes.

As for infinite mode thankfully on PC you can put you computer on hibernate if you have to go to sleep and try keep going later.

Oddly enough when I put my computer on sleep mode instead of Hibernate it crashed my game but Hibernate worked fine.

nigger, you're giving us nothing to go on if all you're doing is calling X and Y boring without going further in depth
like saying tetris isn't fun because "it simply isn't"
I mean, I haven't even played DR1 and your posts are doing a terrible job at telling me why it isn't fun, as your posts are subjective at best and won't lead this discussion anywhere unless you put some proper effort into it

Reminder that DR4 is being made and directed by a bunch of no-name fags whose only previous work were shitty shovelware games like those kinect wiisport ripoffs

The game has been out since last year, user. We all know that as well.

my sister gave me DR4 cause she thought it was terrible compared to 1 and 2. I put about maybe 4 hours into it before getting completely turned off from it. I explored the entire mall interior and then progressed through the story which is pretty bad so far because theres no sense of urgency compared to the rest. Survivors are just random events now where its "kill all the zombies around me pls" and then they fuck off. I dont really feel like typing a full review. But i had a question. What the fuck is the point of the camera now? it doesnt give you PP, it gives you some other points that dont give you exp, and theres no camera roll like the original, so you can just take as many pictures as you want but can only save like 50 i think. Did they just try to imitate the old PP system with the camera and then forgot to make those points do anything?

Nobody's going to make a WEBM for a 3 second video. Dead Rising 4 sucks and you need to get over it.

Why do you own an xbone, faggot.

If you can't be bothered to make a webm for a 3 second video you should go back to cuckchan

If you're this much of a pissant for an unneeded format you should go back to reddit.

If you're so oblivious to how things work here maybe you should go back to reddit.

Why don't you make a WEBM for the Mega Man Buster / Police hat / Arthur's underwear you've unlocked in the game cuz you clearly have played it.

You first newfag

Do you just not know how to make a webm? I'll spoonfeed you if you need help.

Any DR1 torrents with the latest Patch #3 (Oct.10, 2016)? I have autism and playing an outdated version gives me an annoying dissatisfaction. Can't even buy it because money will go to Capcom.

Do it then faggot. Maybe then you'll stop whining like a bitch.

Check IGG, they usually keep up to date.

Aw, spoonfeeding's no fun, though.

Maybe you should both leave instead of all this bitching and moaning.

IGG's release is from Sep. 13 and says nothing about patches. Being a pirate is suffering.

for playing with my sister

Nice way to say you can't render for shit faggot. Go back to reddit with all the other illiterates.

Strict ratings, strict budget, and strict deadlines in [currentyear].

Keep posting then.

I swear DR 1 has found the worst ways to implement boss battles. I find Isabella in the north plaza, this bitch hops on her motor cycle and now she's a fucking pinball bouncing around all the walls ramming me. I can't seem to "el toro" her into a wall to stay still long enough to hit her and she just runs off if I climb the scaffolding and shoot her once with a hunting rifle.

Just stand still long enough to get a shot in I have other quests to get too.

More proof that the japanese master race should kill off degenerate whites and make the world a better place for all. Fuckin white ppl smh

And for that fucker who was complaining about timers. Here's why it works. I just saved two girls from one part of the Mall that had three gun nuts holed up in it. I'd abandonded some other guy there in favor of an old man because low health and low fucks to give. (RIP Wayne).

Then I get a call that the fat fuck I'd saved earlier is trying to organize a food run and FUCK THAT SHIT I don't trust the AI not to kill themselves with the weapons I give them. So grabbing food is a high priority.

Come back to the North Plaza to rescue a woman and then she tells me she has a friend. Now I have to kill those gun nuts because they are on the second floor and so is the friend. Finally chase them down and slice them to pieces with japanese steel folded 1000 times and grab the friend. Don't have any food and it's maybe an hour until the deadline on fatties quest. Grab a bag of chips lying on the floor and book it back to the security room.

Get there, drop the two women off, and then go find fatty in one of the rooms riling up the crowds. Hope that the meager offerings of some Lays will calm his hunger and what do you know. It does.

Little stories like that can happen in sandbox games, but man if running everything on a clock didn't make this stick in my mind as funny.

Now I'm going back to find a best way to ram this latina chick between a wall and my bat. no pun intended

After kicking her out he goes back to watching his anime, but she breaks in and keeps turning it off.

km8

looks like the tagline for DR 4 should have been "You can do anything (that the Unreal Engine provided by default)"

I don't even understand whats trying to be done in that first one.

this

He's probably going to have something like "pp = x + xx + xxx…" after "x = first number to average, xx = second number to average…" and any extra variables being set to 0.
(as opposed to just iterating in a loop and adding numbers to a total before dividing).

Just because webm exists doesn't mean gifs aren't needed anymore. Why go through the trouble of making a webm if you can just make a quick gif out of a couple of image frames. Why the fuck make a webm when there is no need for sound?

I get to shoot up aug lives matter faggots so I don't get where you're going with this?

how's that media studies degree working for ya bud?

Good post. The game kind of works well as a somewhat immersive zombie game. You've got 72 hours to survive, save people and find the truth. In reality, you would be torn between choices. You can't do it all, sometimes you have to let the poor guy suffer, so a few can be spared. Sometimes you have to leave your ambition and greed and risk your life for someone else.

The time limit makes DR. Having about ten minutes before the next case and seeing you still have a survivor to save makes the game. Just getting back to the security room to start the next case after saving said survivor makes the game. Playing against the clock makes the game. Without it there is no urgency, no consequences. Even if the time limit extended by two hours of game time, it would be ruined as you'd still have too much time.

I can and have got every survivor and case file in one playthrough. Most of the time I'm in the clear, a few times I cut it really close and I still have time where I have nothing to do other than kill zombies.

Weight works well for the cars, but you're a fucking idiot if you think that the "realistic" aspects of the combat don't hold it back. One of the things that MADE GTA such a great franchise was it's mixture of arcade gameplay and authentic world. IV had better feeling guns, but combat was fucking garbage when compared to GTAV. Yes the guns in V were pea shooters, however if you think IV's sluggish movement and gun combat are better than V for the sake of realism then you're only kidding yourself. I'm not saying GTA needs to go Saints Row 3. I am saying that realism doesn't make the game good. With that said if you want an actual GOOD example of realism in vidya then just play Mafia, it's a much more realistic game than IV or GTA will ever be. Avoid Mafia 3 tho, it's fucking trash.

Absolute shit taste.

I could never get into DR over related, any suggestions?

see

Surprisingly good suggestion, that.

Get that cock out of your mouth for starters.

Yeah? Take that edge and shove it up your ass.

Honestly the entire game is out now so I don't know what is it about you sperg.

Will this cancer ever stop?