ITT: Top-tier comfy cinema

whether it be for the setting, characters, theme, etc
Only the most comfy belong here

atmospheric kino welcome as well

The ending ruined the whole movie. Everything was excellent until that very last bit. Shame.

I liked that it all came down to wrong place-wrong time circumstances. Did the partner dying ruin it for you?

King of the Hill is supreme comfy, as long as it isn't a Bobby episode.

even if you don't like talking heads, this one reaches levels of comfy that shouldn't even be possible.

Is this ultimate mutt filter?

For some reason I had it in my head that it'd come down to a big twist. There was so much surrounding the death of children, the big baddie coming to kill for a dead child, and then they threw a midget in. So the kid goes, and they're showing the midget, right? I just expected that the twist would be that he missed the midget, say something smarmy, and the movie would end with the kid getting shot. That's what I expected, instead I got what came off as too predictable and lame.

Movies aren't long enough to be comfy. Only TV shows can fill that niche.

an actual kid getting shot would have been predictable and lame. Because he shot the midget, didn't know, and then killed himself for it is what made it not predictable. What you suggested would have been entirely anticlimactic and unsatisfying. Farrell's character dies anyways, so it's not like you got blueballed in that respect.
Like I said a major theme of the movie is that these majorly flawed but fundamentally good people are caught up in wrong place wrong time situations, the beginning shows that masterfully when farrell accidentally kills the kid and the ending does a great job of this as well.

LOTR
Harry Potter 1-8

comfy ≠ boring

HP sucks Zach get over it

Get over it autist. HP is actually one of the only consistently good franchises that will ever exist.

No matter how much it upsets you to see someone posting positively about movies on a movie board.

They are all good. All of them.

What a fucking pleb you are

Harry Potter tbh

Dragonheart.

underrated post

Season 1 of LOST was pretty comfy imo

Being a bad movie has anything to do with being comfy?

Is this executino?

Too bad they went so far of the rails with that series. Seasons 4-6 could easily have been condensed into one so they could focus on actually completing the story rather than adding pointless new arcs

Rural america movies are maximum comfy

I'm assuming that's because whenever it's a bobby episode, it's a sports episode

May I know why?

It's a tv show not a movie, but have you seen Rectify by chance? It's rural midwest comfy

How?

Like poetry

Such a surprise