Buenos Aires was an inside job

How old were you when you realized the Federation created the war as an excuse to keep people occupied? Can't have citizens over civilians without a convenient war…

Other urls found in this thread:

7chan.org/lit/src/Starship_Troopers_-_Robert_Heinlein.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

at last I truly see

As cool as their fascism was, it was unsustainable in peacetime. Hence, the manufactured conflict. Pay attention to Neil Patrick Harris in military intel. He's the only one who knows what's going on.

I fucked up my post cause iv been drinking llets retry.
I agree, cause in the movie they go on about their orbital defenses and we as the audince are suppost to believe the bugs launched a rock across the galaxy to hit earth. But how doe, the bugs couldnt have intentionally launched the rock, it was a false flag.
I will pay attention when i rewatch to NPH, too bad they ruined the series with shit sequel after sequel.

Can we pretend we're 'drinking together' so we're not drinking alone?

It is clear the Federation was originally planning to slowly get the population to accept the war in order help those poor Mormon colonists to against the mean nasty bugs. When their defense they kept bolstering failed to stop an actual meteor, they decided to just blame it on the bugs and rush into war. Overzealous command didn't give a shit about intel and fucked up big time with the first assault.

*didn't just lie about the effectiveness of their meteor defense

the space iron dome was a fraud?

Every operation is Starship Troopers was botched to seed more anger at the bugs.

Should have followed the book more closely.

Needed more Scooby Doos, tbh.

KEK! WTF?!

People who interpret Starship Troopers as an inside job by a corrupt government military industrial complex are soyboy communist faggots.
People who interpret Starship Troopers as a nationalistic and patriotic call to action are #MaBoi and /ourguy/
tbpfhiykwim.

Verhoeven is unironically wrong about his own fucking movie.

Also Total Recall is a dream.

Good goy.

Soyboi

Hey Zach.

antifa get out

I still have no idea how Heinlein could write this, and not believe it himself. It's a book of redpills.

This theory was less pathetic when you were posting it on reddit. Go back there OP.

The remake better remember that Starship Troopers is a political book with sci fi window dressings.

Watch the movie with the directors commentary.

When the White General steps aside for the Nigress General, the director in the commentary says he put that there deliberately, something along the lines of the end of white male supremacy and now is the time for the minorities to take over blah blah. It's on youtube if you don't want to pay shekels for it.

He's a Kike btw.

good goy, don't ever let those filthy antise… i mean, communists question your loyalty to your greatest ally in the middle east

Well in case of America yes, considering their "country" is nothing but a jewish puppet state that only exists to be Israel's golem

He was obviously making fun of fascists and your dumb beliefs about the use of physical force to answer everything. He didn't once mention the effects of racism, low economic status and how indescribably hard it was for these children to make something of themselves without the use of violence.

Using violence to deter violence is like killing for peace and all the dumb shit the government does. You fucking bootlicker.

Are you saying blacks are fascists?

Now you see why the Verhoeven movie turned out like it did. No way this could have been allowed to stand.
That said, I don't see the book as a complete endorsement of it's own politics. You open with Rico essentially committing an act of terrorism against a civilian center. You get to see him become increasingly dehumanised and indoctrinated as the book goes on. He loses interest in the girl he liked, he cares little when his best friend dies, and his reaction on hearing his dad has decided to join up as a soldier is excitement rather than concern.
I think Heinlein just wanted to give the idea of a far-right futuristic society a fair shake, rather than completely endorsing or demonising it.

I think that's a fair assessment. There's just nothing really outstandingly ridiculous about the culture he wrote that fits into the idea that it's supposed to be a lampoon.

Hey Zach.

No, but it is painfully obvious when you're awake and butthurting everywhere Zach.

Rico is never humanized you RLM parroting faggot. He's a boring blank slate, the vehicle through which we explore the Federation. Heinlein's book is about a post WW2 world where the only people who get to have a say are the men (and women) who sacrifice for and served their country.

He even uses the same filenames every single time. What a moron.

You'd never be able to hack it in the mobile infantry.

He's a dumb kid who falls madly in love with the military.

would never be able to hack it in the Power Rangers Lost Galaxy Mobile Infantry either tbpfh :^)

Sure
What?

Even if you were right, you still haven't proven me wrong. Rico isn't a character, he's just the guy we're exploring Heinlein's hypothetical government with.

Still, at least the Japs did a better job of it.

I think I can hear a million leftists cry out.

By the end of the book he's basically jizzing his pants over how much he loves the military.

I want statists to leave.

werent all soldiers supposed to be in those exo suits?

I'm your worst nightmare, libertarian. I'm a monarchist nazbol. Corporate marxism will fall and standing triumphant over the ashes will be a divine absolute monarch reigning over a great national bolshevik host. Cuckoldry such as human rights and egalitarianism will be crushed.

Every Starship Troopers moving picture has next to nothing to do with the book. The Weeb one isn't even called Starship Troopers, it's called Universal Warriors and the only thing it gets right is the power armor.

7chan.org/lit/src/Starship_Troopers_-_Robert_Heinlein.pdf
Here you go. tl;dr you're wrong, shut your faggot mouth.

I read it about a week ago. I guess my interpretation was just deeper than yours.

Pick one and fuck off.

He's happy that his aging father joined up and is probably going to die. How else do you characterise that?

maybe it's just because that's the filename of the images you get when you google "brainlet"?

I don't characterize it as anything because, again, Rico isn't a character. He exists to drift through scenes and get lectured at.* If pressed, I would say Rico's happy to see his father again and he's happy that his father has gone from disapproving his decision to joining him. For the books themes (political power belongs to people who sacrifice for and serve the public), his father went from calling federal servicemen parasites, obsolete people living on the taxpayers to becoming one.

So fucking what? The book is about making sacrifices to earn power, yeah maybe he's going to die. It wouldn't be much of a sacrifice otherwise otherwise.

His father's motivation for joining is part revenge for his dead wife and part something he regrets not doing in his younger life. "I had to perform an act of faith. I had to prove to myself that I was a man. Not just a producing-consuming economic animal… but a man." Chapter 12. He wasn't conscripted, nobody forced his hand. He made his own decision to become a public servant. He's aging? He's obviously fit enough to go through all the shit Rico did at boot camp including marching 40 miles through the Canadian Rockies naked.

You're hung up on the wrong shit. Read it again, faggot. Maybe you'll get it this time.

*Tell me Rico's character traits, and no surface level shit like he likes girls, he eats a lot, he's bad at math, and knows how to wrench on power armor.

If Rico isn't a character, why do they flesh out his friends or family at all? Why does he have a name? You could very easily write the book from the perspective of a nameless grunt.

Pretty much. Starship Troopers is about The Federation, not Rico. It asks "what if the only people with political power were people who put their lives on the line for the well being of the state and its people?" and suggests that that kind of limited democracy would work.

The fact that the book opens with Rico shooting up a a church congregation suggests to me there's a little more going on. It's not a damnation of the system, but it's not necessarily a glowing endorsement of it either.
Of course Rico thinks the world of it because he's an unreliable narrator, indoctrinated into the system.

The book opens with a MI raid on an a Skinny city to demonstrate force. It doesn't specify a church congregation either, just a lot of Skinnies.
(Chapter 1, Page 10) 7chan.org/lit/src/Starship_Troopers_-_Robert_Heinlein.pdf

If you want damning, the book doesn't specify what bombs they're using on the Skinnies. But, Rico trains with nukes, so you could make a compelling argument that the MI were nuking the city to proverbially rub their nose in shit Make of that what you will.

So if you kill your enemies, they win?

It works wonders?

Verhoeven flicks are Kino, I just have to ignore his subliminal messages in Starship Troopers.

Fug. Starcuck Troopers is no longer to be considered kino tbh.

Starship Troopers is still kino. What's sad is that in the book, Sky Marshall Dienes is General Diennes, and Diennes goes out fighting the way an officer should instead of the dumb politics in the movie.

Yup.

Nah, I don't believe you fam.

And here I was thinking that it was shit film because it is a shit film.

That would have been better to have the general do that. Much better. Just assume it as true cannon next time you watch the movie.

no user that ugly tranny spic makes it a nightmare.

But the triple tittied hooker….

is it worth watching?

No. Neither is Invasion, Marauder, or Hero of the Federation. Verhoeven SST is Kino, the Animu and Roughnecks Cartoon are decent.

R E S P E C T T H E S E D I G I T S

i thought the animated movies were worth watching.
The skymarshal is the second one is hot

Rocks can't crush steel beams

Bullshit.
Vid related, the author supposedly made it clear it was anti-Trump because of a swastika (also Trump destroys the Earth at the end of the video, but a swastika being shown is even worse). Regardless, the vid was widely distributed by Trump supporters with little to no alteration.

Go away Zach

t. centrist cuck soyboy. Any and all pieces of media going against nazism and The Don must be purged if we are to MAGA. Starcuck Troopers is shit, and I won't allow it to be praised anymore.

Starship Troopers is a kinographic masterpiece blend of CG and puppeteering, and I won't have your faggot mouth slandering it because the director threw in some subliminal kikery.

I liked the book because it subtly poked fun at all the obvious flaws in fascism, the movie missed the point entirely. But I guess they had to spice it up to sell it.

The Federation in the book is a limited democracy, dipshit.

pretty sure that it's kinda serious about it.

not to mention that getting citizenship even in peace time, probably especially in peace time, was not a walk in hte park.>>1165571

Heinlein presented an idea for a limited democracy. When politically illiterate faggots (like (you)) accused him of being a fascist, he wrote Stranger in a Strange Land.

tl;dr you're all retarded.

t. centrist cuck soyboy

t. soyboy cuck centrist

t. cuck soyboy centrist

Go back to your Emmathread, Zach

t. kike cock cuck

all me ;)

what do you say?

M-marry me :3

Take that nose ring out, dyke.

Why am I in a bookstore I only read epub's

To meet qtpatootis reading Starship Troopers, faggot.

Not the type of girl you want to meet tbh.

That can't be right, fam.

Every word of what you just said was wrong

Kys nazi.

If Starship Troopers is a girls favorite book that's a whole nother problem.

Maybe if you're a soyboi.

Just curious tho are there people who actually want fascism? By fascism i mean real type fascism like America where if you protest against corporations the police beats the shit out of you and you commit suicide with 3 bullets in the back of your head.

Every fascist thinks they'll be the police beating the shit out of people. Every communist thinks that they'll be the glorious leader. Every faggot that thinks Brave New World is a paradise thinks they'll be an Alpha Plus World Controller.

This.

Wouldn't an asteroid that can blow up a whole city have serious consequences on the global climate?

It was never an adaptation of the book to begin with. They just had a script that someone noticed some similarities to a book so they changed some character names and locations around and called it Starship Troopers.

Wish I was a liberalistist like you fam :^/

Try again fam.

Technically we are already under fascism. Quit focusing on specific figure heads and realizing that officialdom is where the power is. The group of people who float between government and corporate boards freely.

Communists just want to work hard for everyone so that everyone can have everything they need. It's a good feeling.

Shut up Hitler.