Saltine Sanctuary

So do people generally dislike this game, or is it just disinterest?

I'm playing through it with my friend and I have to say it's actually really great, as long as you remember that it's Dishwasher with Souls influence and not just 2D Dark Souls.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!UhtSTA5S!u9hAjGsOFetjRWPDjsmgmg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

souls like

Oh the irony.

I wonder if people made as big a deal about the term "metroidvania" when it was still new

It's completely unfun since whatever makes Souls great in 3d, it doesn't scale down to 2d.

Example: fucking traps and ambushes are fucking invisible and your options are to eat damage or go slow every fucking time you want to pass

I found it okay, but I find your ID to be the best.

if you fall for the same thing twice then shame on you
those don't compare to those hanging men in the Red Crucible or whatever it was called

no, because the cancer that is (you) was still in your father's ballsack and frankly things would've been better for everyone if you had stayed there

It's got some fucking awful balancing choices.

That didn't answer his question though

It's a term taht still bugs me. Why does Castlevania get any naming credit for the genre? SotN was a Super Metroid rip-off, pure and simple. They should simply be called Metroid-likes or Metroidish games or something.

Except it was better

2/10 got me to reply

I played through it recently and thought it was ok. Prepare for deep hurting after you reach the area after the Far Beach, easily the worst designed area in the game with a retarded meme enemy that has a difficult to avoid attack that it can spam that kills you instantly. Oh, and the nearest checkpoint before that is several minutes away.

I'd give it a go if I could pirate it.

No dual wielding no buy.

Azumanga Daioh is cringe fuel.

Berserk is honestly one of the most boring pieces of shit I've ever made the mistake of sitting through.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is pretentious, boring slop.

I liked Hellsing Ultimate when I was like 12, but watching it again recently just showed me how bad it was overall. Only worth watching for the cute nazi cat boy.

Serial Experiments Lain is fucking awful and I'm still very confused as to how it's popular.

Seeing 5 Centimeters per Second here makes me want to retract my statement about Berserk being the worst thing I've sat through so that I can apply it to this instead.

I don't know why you posted an anime chart, but I feel like this is more interesting than OP's faggot shit.

Out of the 8 animes I have seen on that chart (Jin-Roh, Paranoia Agent, Metropolis, Akira, and some Ghiblis) I liked all of them quite a bit so perhaps the rest of this will be worth watching, thanks for posting it. I wish it was higher res though because this text is really hard to read.

It's missing Redline though

Akira, Baccano, The Big O, Claymore, Cowboy Bebop, Ergo Proxy, FLCL, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Outlaw Star, Princess Mononoke, and Welcome to the NHK are all great.

meant to reply to

I feel like it's fairly meh. The thing that gets me the most in any 2D game is how the movement works, and I have to say that between the sluggish movement, the unnatural jumping height and the absymal roll distance I quit playing right around the second boss.

texhnolyze is one of the best animes i've seen

sage because this post is off topic

Watched Akira + Mononoke and loved them, I'll add the others to my absurdly long backlog of movies/tv/anime/games. Only recently discovered the greatness of gookino after watching The Handmaiden and Oldboy so I've gotta go through every acclaimed South Korean movie now.

Added to the list, thanks

I though I would like it but I've pirated it twice and gotten sick of it within 10 minutes twice now. Hopefully Death's Gambit will be a better souls-influenced metroidvania :^)

His older games were better.
mega.nz/#F!UhtSTA5S!u9hAjGsOFetjRWPDjsmgmg

I actually downloaded that probably 3-4 years ago but never got around to watching it before the drive it was on died. I'll probably watch it.

Metroid:
>Map to explore, usually small

SotN:

And a few points that I may miss. Castlevania has always been better than Metroid, I like both, but just thinking that Metroid is better is quite stupid user. One simply has more content and more everything.

Akamajou Dracula for MSX was the original exploration based one.

The multiplayer (2 player coop) only saves the progress of player 1. Thats why I dislike it

Granted I liked the ideas behind the lore. The monsters from the deep. The drowned god who wanted everything for him and created copies of things from the mainland. The three gods who were in fact turned into monsters and nobody is even aware. The fact that there was probably never a princess and it was just a slave sent to pacify the drowned god. It was interesting but not enough to salvage the gameplay in my opinion.

STOLE MY SOULS
JUST LIKE DARK SOULS

OP here kinda wondering why nobody has caught on to me likening it to Dishwasher. I know it wasn't a big name popular game but why has literally nobody mentioned it?

TRASH

Holy shit yes. I remember playing Blood Zero and Survival Crisis Z 10 years ago. Back when indie games were actually good.
As for Salt and Sanctuary I thought it was ok, was fun for awhile but I wouldn't spend money on it.

The shittiest part of this game is the platforming segments.
Who puts platforming in a game with fall damage?

I know I've seen platformers with fall damage before, and even played some. Never had a problem with it, really.

Well the platforming is terrible in Salt and Sanctuary.

It's not GREAT, but I've seen far worse. It doesn't really detract from it that much, imo.

Then again I'm not shit at platforming.

Because LOGH isn't anime, it's more of a traditional carton/animated adaptation.
Animated something made in japan doesn't automatically mean anime.

that is actually pretty essential to it. LOGH is also an anime, you autist.

Shit chart

No, anime is an art style combined with specific tropes.
Avatar series while not being made in japan is perfect example of anime, while LOGH is anything but anime.

tropes don't exist, what you are thinking of is a cliche (and it's also wrong). And anime means animation, and in discussion of animation is used to animation from Japan.

You have a very narrow perspective and need to lurk more.

Anime is short for Animation. That's all.

I hope you're being ironic.

I was hoping the same for you

yep

Oh man, I love the opening anime in Skyrim when you're riding in the cart!

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

What game is that user?

yes it is but the word anime is still specifically referring japanese animation

That's like saying "RPG" still refers to pen and paper games focusing on players roleplaying as their ingame characters. Anime has developed a different connotation from what it originally meant.

They Bleed Pixels

Game was ok enough to complete it. Not something i'd want to replay, though. It did what it tried to do just fine.

I still think it's a highly under-represented soulslike metroidvania that actually does all those titles justice.

Difficulty is good but not overbearing, the interconnected map feels like one even if it is in the strange pieces of scenery. The music is enjoyable and the gameplay is fluid and non-buggy.

Personally, I think any disdain would come from it's artstyle or the like. The lore is surprisingly more complex than earlier thought (especially if you take the level-up screen into play)

It's a solid 8/10 at least in my book, but hey I've only played through it once with a few more added times (just because there's no pvpā€¦)

How hard is it to keep moving? No I mean literally. How hard is it to combine basic platforming and attacks?

The others are fine but that's honestly one of the main problems. Sadly, I grew more attached to the shop NPC's of my covenant.

There is local PvP, you have to buy an item for it and use that item.

The tree is a real cunt for characters that are slow and/or don't have very high burst damage.

In my current run I'm playing as Cleric and the Searing Blast (or whatever it's called) really helped with dealing with its first phase.

None of the bosses are hard solo, but they're fucking damage sponges in co-op.