New Vita Thread

"Best Girls" Edition

WHATCHA:

And still importantly, are you having fun?

Upcoming games: iplaypsvita.com/upcoming-ps-vita-games-2016/

Gitgud Group: gitgud.io/groups/InfinityVita

Previous Threads: pastebin.com/6eVxEzpu

First-Time Buyer's FAQ: pastebin.com/fb6MSKwx

Vita Wallpapers:ultraimg.com/album/2ch

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu
archive.is/FsQmK
blog.us.playstation.com/2017/01/12/the-winners-playstation-blog-game-of-the-year-2016/
twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/819537068355358720
strawpoll.me/12095936
twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/821330213514530816
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/atelier-shallie-plus-bonus-dlc-set/cid=UP4108-PCSE00998_00-SHALLIEPBONUSDLC
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/atelier-shallie-plus-bgm-package/cid=UP4108-PCSE00998_00-BGMPACK0FIRST000
blog.us.playstation.com/2017/01/17/action-rpg-tokyo-xanadu-coming-to-ps4-and-ps-vita-this-year/
nichegamer.com/2017/01/18/utawarerumono-mask-of-deception-heads-west/
twitter.com/AtlusUSA/status/821757315544064000
videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=24325
4gamer
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALE17LP
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Finally the new bread.

still on DT2. Starting to crown the first grill but is taking me like 25-30min from lv1-61.

some games I ordered from VGP

nothing more. Read Wantan

Ass Creed Liberation, Persona 4 Golden, Resogun, EDF2017, and Jumping Flash.
Nep VS Sega Hard Girls, Dragons Crown, Muramasa The Demon Blade, Super Stardust Delta, Borderlands 2 since I saw it at a clearance bin, and Duke Megaton Edition for a portable Duke 3D thats somewhat remotely playable though I missed my chance with that on Vita and PC.
Nothing right now.

Pick both.

Is this how handheld gaming ends? Not with a bang, but a whimper.

=UNF UNF I WANNA FUG CYBERSLUTS RIGHT IN THEIR HOLES

ALL OF THEM

Seriously though will there ever be a sequel to best vita game?

BUT EVEN MORE SERIOUSLY NOKIA NEEDS ASS TO MOUTH LIKE THE BAD GIRL SHE IS

Did someone say best girl?

Root Letter right now. It's a little fun, the names given to characters are more annoying than anything though.

Still want another Vita and TV under 3.60 so can play translations. Dungeon Travelers 2, Ar Nosurge physical. That Night Alone game as well since looks interesting.

Bought Steins;Gate 0, Grand Kingdom and Danganronpa 2 recently.

And still importantly, are you having fun?
Yes.

I want to fuck Vita-tan

I did, in my mind. Do you have more?

don't care much for shitty anime, but she may be one of the worst girls I've seen
in any franchise

Truth be told the Vita is still alive relatively speaking.

Has it been fully cracked yet?

The people even relatively interested in cracking the vita are too busy sucking each other's dicks to have gotten anything done in the past three months. It hasn't moved since the damn thing was initially "hacked" back in July with the added benefit of somewhat working epsp access again.

It'll get like that. If you continue, you'll polish your efficiency. Where exactly are you grinding?

Atelier Totori peppered w/bouts of DT2. Seriously this game is cuter than it has a right to be. Though adjusting to the alchemy system will take some time. Coming off of Escha & Logy, this is pretty brutal. Ingredients can age and spoil & drop in ranking. Figuring out the half life and other various factors is friggin' fun.

Also I honestly though I'd hate Totori. But she's genuinely adorable and expressive and defiant and mischievous. Shame the Atelier threads never go into mechanic/technical talks or actual characterization. Plus side, I feel like I've made a new discovery.

I wish to impregnate her older sister. She gets a husband in this game doesn't she? It always happens.

Not want for much.

Shallie Plus when I get a bit of spare change.

gee, i wonder why nobody talks about the gameplay

I have about 150 to play with. Anyone want to recommend anything worth picking up? Horror or something interesting preferred. I know that's vague as fuck, but really I'd play anything as long as isn't too grindy.

But that's what you honed in on, user. Honestly I love the dynamic between Ceci & Totori thus far, but think Ceci makes an interesting character dichotomy since she's the very first I'm seeing of someone who openly disapproves of an Atelier MC who wants to make something of themselves. Other games, it's been "YOU CAN DO IT" by default. Here, Totori gets into a shouting match with her by Day 2 or 3 (give or take). It's refreshing and a pleasant surprise.

Or I could go on about how the music's just friggin' delicious, which is a hallmark of the series I now see. Gust seems to hire and keep serious musical talent for their games. Feel like my head's going to explode once I get to Ar no Surge and its other titles.

Cherry on the cake: Kadowaki Mai voices Rorona. Caught it instantly listening to that flashback. Picking that title up is gonna be fun. Illya the littlest alchemist hell yes.

started following the guide from that old thread.
what is annoying is all those Nosferatus and Rahabs that sometimes 1hit KO the grill who is grinding levels.

I wish to marry and impregnate Totori.

Ah, you're running my notes, then. You'll want to flee from those two unless you can drop them in 1 or 2 turns, or keep your . They're powerful solos, so speed and attack is of the essence. Rehab doesn't have a lot of weaknesses but Geo Strike/Earth attacks are handy. Nosferatu can be dropped w/Frost Strike if it's available and you're walking around buffed.

Which is the second question: ARE you walking around buffed? I know almost ALL the guides say not to and that it's a waste of TP, and I can tell you first-hand that's terrible fucking advice. SOME of the buffs have a low step rate (read how many dungeon steps you can take before the effect wears off), but the majority of buffs casts outside a battle actually have a high step rate and don't cost an arm and a leg to recast when needed (save the Paladin chain of buffs, of which you only really need to rely on Cover and Parry).

Finished my thought, oops. Technically not battles you want to drag out if you can help it. Especially Nosferatu, who has an all-target earth based spell that deals a moderate chance of random death, along with iirc regen every round for 1000HP (her HP are 6666 if memory serves).

I'm with a party of 3 (papillon, bishop and the crowning char). The bishop is mostly to use resurrect but the 'Shine Curse' also helps.
Papillon is using Hyakka Ryouran, after HOURS looking for the Apollo bow.

I wish that were the case too instead of whole threads of "Impregnate Rorona" tier posting, but as says, your own quip doesn't help that.

If memory serves, Ar Nosurge, as well as Ar Tonelico, is what happens when Gust lets one of their sound guys have control (or as MG has him listed for them "Total Command") of some games of his own. A few paragraphs from Project Metafalica's "About" page, in regards to the series roots with the first Ar Tonelico:

The Apollo is with the Hawkeye Archer and Roland. Rolan is a random in floor 15+ on Bogomil, but Hawkeye is in two places: the Bogomil annex and with Kumokuten Mary.

I'm assuming your Papillon tree is with a Trickster build? Cause otherwise even with Hyakka on hand that's going to be an irritating dig, especially if Nosferatu is managing to drop your Papillion. If you have a Saturday Night Rider Sealbook, put it on her. Unless you're running a Mandra Prince/Princess Sealbook. In which case godspeed. Only other armament non-custom I could suggest involves killing Maid-sensei who then bribes you with the Cthuluga Curiass (easily the most-profitable realm god fight, allowing that she also drops the Megido Tome after defeat).

A thin-down strategy is carry about 18 Mui Kuha Meds and just run w/two characters, but eh, go with what's comfortable. If you're interested in tracking other useful armor/weapons, I can reply with locations.

I admit it, the comment didn't help. It didn't used to be a potential derail, though. Atelier threads did start off with some actual conversation. But then, so did Nep threads. That aside:

Really gonna enjoy that playthrough now, I see. I missed my chance at Rhapsody and refuse to give a dime toward that cancerous DS port. Game musicals are a wonderful thing.

Risk of Rain and EDF
Someone to hack 3.63 already so I don't have to skip SRW:V

Part of the issue facing Atelier as far as actual discussion goes is likely a mixture of elements inherited from years back on halfchan: of particular note (and admittedly I did not browse Gust threads at that point, merely saw them in he catalog), it wouldn't surprise me at all if the anti-JRPG and anime sentiment rugga stirred up with his spammed threads oh "Why do you hate games with anime art styles?" (with an Atelier image always, or almost always, as the OP image), combined with Holla Forums generally being pretty shitposty, caused discussion to devolve to the point the only thing in regards to the series most posters really want to discuss is meme tier "impregnate [X]" shit.

If you haven't gotten it yet, I assume the mega with the ISO for Ar Tonelico II prepatched with Project Metafalica's official release should still be up if you haven't gotten it yet (there's an additional patch that can applied and works in conjunction to force the game to run at 480p if you're emulating or using component cables with an actual system), and I'm pretty sure I've also seen a prepatched file for AT1 on The ISO Zone that makes the anime FMVs play Japanese audio when playing the game with the audio set to Japanese (I am left to assume that the official western release had English audio play for FMVs regardless of what the selected audio track was). Just figured I'd mention it.

I remember hearing about the 4/v/ shitposts. That sucks. Though convo did die down on a whole on 8/v/ as well, when it actually thrived just fine 2 years or so ago. No big matter, as I'll just revive the discussion myself if I have to. It's an excellent franchise with a lot of customization ideas that are more than practical (at least Dusk Trilogy—we'll see about the Arland Trilogy).

For the Ars, likely I'll track down the original games since I have a Japanese PS2 on hand. May as well, as I'm not going to get better at this language any other way. I will remember to look for those megas later, since I know a bud who'd be interested and isn't as inclined to Nightmare Mode weeb collecting as I am.

The thing with Ar Tonelico II is that at this point, the English fan-translation offers extra content the Japanese one doesn't officially, due to Project Metafalica digging in the files, discovering dummied-out content that hadn't made the cut, and reimplementing, translating, and debugging it to make it playable in English. That even includes a hard mode for combat.

You might want to check out the wiki page on the EXA_PICO Wikia about Tsuchiya.

Rorona Plus (I managed to get the trilogy for about $30 dollars from the flash sale a while back)
Trillion
God Eater

Nothing, I'm pretty busy playing though the games above.

Yeah, I guess. The co-op games make me kinda sad since I know that I'll never have someone else to play with.
Also, fuck trillion's third form.

No, it really hasnt. The games are shit, its just waifubait.

THE BEST

So I was just watching the new years batsugamu from Downtown and I noticed they were advertising a new SAO game. I hate the cartoon with a burning passion I usually reserve for jews, but the games are fun as fuck. Will it be getting an English release?

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE STATISFYING SOUND OF YOUR BALLS SLAPPING AGAINST NOKIA'S ASS. THEN JUST GRINDING IN THERE TIGHT AND HOLDING HER SO SHE CAN'T SQUIRM AWAY WHILE YOU SHOOT LOAD AFTER LOAD DEEP INSIDE HER AND LISTEN TO HER CRY ABOUT GETTING PREGNANT?

Any updates on vita hacking? Henkaku still the head CFW to use?

It's the trailer for the movie, not a game.

fug… I just got the platinum trophy on DT2… and I didnt finish fully crown a grill yet.
This is why I was looking for…I think I'll take a break and start playing other games on my backlog I guess

lol

Than why does it take place in the real world.

Checkmate gaythiest.

Stella Glow on 3DS, I'm like 45 hours in and I just want to finish already
Muramasa Rebirth DLC. It is really good, but boy do I remember how hard it is to get through the game on extreme mode. Trying to get all the trophies and it is a bit of a pain since the final boss is so tough.

Ar Nosurge+ physical
Root Letter, how is it?

Nothing, need to save to finally move out this year.

yeah, lots of fun except for the fact that Ar Nosurge+ seems to now be $300 on ebay and I'm real pissed about that.

That is a whole lotta words and not a lot of nokia.

My mistake

Not sexy enough. I demand true nokias gobbling cock like her throat was on fire and her stomach was catching.

There is a distinct lack of cybersluts and ateliertiddies in this thread.

That's supposed to happen. No way in heck can you NOT nab Monster Obliterator on the way to your first Crown.

yeah… and I just crowned the first girll… HURRAY.. and my right hand hurts (no fapping).
I bought the game on Dec2015 and at least I feel accomplished for the plat trophy.

Shit, congrats, user. That easily beats my pacing. Great job. And to think you still have a load more of the game to enjoy, too.

gematsu com/2017/01/esrb-rates-utawarerumono-mask-deception

ABSOLUTE
BEST

The anime is abysmal, of that there's no doubt. I rather enjoyed Hollow Fragment and found some enjoyment in Lost Song even, but I can't bring myself to push on through Hollow Realization.

That screencap you posted is for the new Ordinal Scale movie though and it's gonna be probably even shittier than the rest of the SAO series Which I'm pretty sure it's getting a state-side release already. As for A.W. vs SAO, I don't know. I would think so, since all the other SAO games have come over. But with Bamco being the fucktards they've been the past 6 or 7 months, who really knows?

Nah m8, there is a new game.

Isn't the accel world cunt supposed to be kidditoes daughter or something?

Wait did a bunch of posts in this thread just disappear?

Nah, Accel World apparently takes place in the same universe as SAO, albeit around 30(?) years after the events of SAO. But none of the character's are related to SAO characters, to my knowledge. The only thing that even remotely comes close is that Kuroyukihime and Kirito both like wearing black, and that Kuroyukihime has the same birth date at Asuna; September 30th. And those could both just be chalked up to Reki's autism.

Not that I can tell. The ones I know of that are missing are >>11662042 and >>11657015

additional pic

I have to ask: Is Accel World a remotely better series than SAO?

In a word: no.

P4G at the moment.
Got everything I want for now
Nothing on the menu.

Getting the itch for Digimon, and I've still yet to play Cybersleuth. Hopefully a Japanese vpk is floating around the net now, I've heard the localization was awful, and what little I've seen confirms it, otherwise I'd have just bought the English version when it was on sale.

Don't know. Haven't cared enough to try watching it. I don't imagine it's any better with Reki writing it.

Anyone else notice the season pass for Gundam Breaker 3 is gone? Can't find it on the R3 PSN anymore. What happened?

I remember when butt cleavage season was airing /a/ got their panties in a twist because evidently there was something in it that confirmed Kirito and Butterfly cunt were related.

Red King is top tier but the rest of the show is pretty trash

you talking about that bashing butts show? What does that have anything to do with SAO or AW?

What's the chances of the Vita version of Musou stars being good for the Vita? Looking at something like the AoT game I can't see how they'll make it work without making significant cuts to the graphics.

Considering most PS4/PSV dual releases lately are essentially just vita as an afterthought I'm going to say it'll look bad and play bad.

Just finished Root Letter. Should I be mad that I got a shit ending and the game rubs it in my face how it's 'unlocked' others for me? Because I fucking am.

Got muh Soldner from Play-Asia.

What's the thing on the left?

Art print? No clue, it came with it.

archive.is/FsQmK
This looks bretty neat.

How is it? I was thinking about getting it when I put in an order soon

No I am talking about the season with guns and the girl with butt cleavage.

Are all the new party members in DT2 supposed to come underleveled, or do I always level up too much? Its a pain trying to make them catch up. Pic unrelated.

Should have figured as much.

leveling become faster after you get a XP gain sealbook… or buying the 2exp ring DLC

What's with all the blank pictures?

Makes you wonder what is going inside the gook writer head when making up the characters

Digimon world next order, resistance burning skies.

The dlc for DWNO that adds more Digimon.

Probably tokyo xanadu.

Pretty simple to figure out, actually. He made a flawless Mary Sue for SAO's MC, and people tore into him for it. In an effort to not repeat the same mistake, Accel World's MC has next to no redeeming qualities. Just goes to show that the only facet of writing where Kawahara shows any talent at all is in descriptions of places, and Holla Forums will never know that since they read the "80 bad machine translations later" tier shit from Baka-Tsuki.

Did anyone with a Vita here ever play the Duke Megaton Edition? How was it like on Vita, I'd personally love to play more FPS games on this thing, especially Build engine ones.

Awful. dont bother.

Thats disappointing to hear. An actual portable version of Duke 3D sounds like a dream come true, especially with how the iOS version controlled.

People bitched about that and not the TWO shitty villians? Whats he really a mary sue? He is the mc after all and he couldnt protect a lot of players and shit.

Just ordered a Vita after some assistance in the previous 3DS thread. I went the Amazon route since apparently those come at

blog.us.playstation.com/2017/01/12/the-winners-playstation-blog-game-of-the-year-2016/

Not one deviation from an actual non front-cover game. Not one across Vita/PS4, or PSVR. I'm genuinely disgusted.

genuinely not sure why that posted again.

2016 was a shitty year for normalfags

Congrats, user. Just be careful with upgrading to 3.60 (follow wololo.net's guide) and you won't have any problems.

You mean you're trying to import something like a 64 GB card but the vendors won't ship it to your area?

VITASHELL 1.5 has USB Mass Storage and install folder support

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
FUCK YOU SONY

It's depressing that it took homebrew to get a feature the fucking PSP had.

It's also depressing that it took homebrew to put multiple PSN accounts on the same system and memory card.
Something sony fucking removed because muh regions.

Huh. Finally have a legit reason for another Vita. Yeah. Yeah this is more depressing than it should be.

I'm buying off Amazon because I want it new (read: hackable, optionally not tatty like I might get used), but the Australian site has nothing Vita-related, so I'm buying from the USA one. The consoles ship overseas but not the memory cards.

Yeah I really wish it was as idiot-proof as A9LH on 3DS. Maybe some day!

Y'know what's even more depressing? Homebrew made it possible to load GameCube games on the WiiU. It's like Nintendo don't even try. This is the only argument I need that homebrew is a Good Thing™.

Ah, I guess whoever sells them like that might not have them cleared to ship out that far. Still, the largest memory cards the west officially saw anyhow were the 32 GB ones; Japan has 64 GB ones though, and you can use memory cards from any region with any region of Vita (albeit with the catch of only one account per card at a time).

Should I get a refund and try again, or is it even possible to find a sub 3.61 slim at this point?

refund that shit since it is not sealed

Reminds me of when I ordered a PSP that was listed as being new on Amazon, got sent a clearly beaten and used one, and when contacted the seller just said "meant to list it as like-new lol" and refused to answer refund inquiries.

twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/819537068355358720

This is just sad.

It is. You set a DNS, update from wi-fi, you're on 3.60. It's as straightforward as it's gonna get.

1000 or 2000 Vita? Let's settle this

strawpoll.me/12095936

I voted for the 2000. The LCD is much better for low light playing at night. The OLED always gave me eyestrain. Plus I like the extra better life the LCD gets.

I wanted it just for that. Ended up getting the OLED instead because I couldn't find a better price for a 2000 with under 3.60 fw. $106.50 + $9.85 shipping from Cancuckland when converted. Many thanks to Trudeau for fucking up his country's economy

Yeah kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy there.

Hope you also snagged a 32GB memory card for less than you paid for the Vita. If you got a 64GB, well, good luck. No repair or warranty or replacement or anything from Sony outside of Japan on those. Are there any games you intend to buy or are you just going to pirate them all?

Absolutely disgusting, but considering Sony's attitude towards games from Japan that actually keep the machine afloat, not surprising. Keep sucking poor indie a,d mobile game dick Sony, worked really well long-term for everyone else.

Return it. It was opened.

I'm still waiting for the option to play 3.63 games.

16 should be enough, since we have usb mass storage support now
no
yes

Fucking disgusting you sweat reeking bean eater. Choke yourself with your sombrero cord.

Here is your (1) m8

I wasn't aware that they offered any warranties at all.

Sometimes companies will offer a replacement even if a product is out of warranty or never had one, if the product was actually available in said country. I'd read some things about Sony sending people replacement cards I think, but maybe I just heard about 64GB cards not even being recognized by Sony in the even of a failure anywhere but Japan.

So Vitafags, I'm interested in playing Vita games, but don't want to shell out all the money to purchase one. I was thinking about getting a PSTV instead. Does PSTV piracy exist yet? And more importantly, can I play Gravity Rush on it?

The PSTV is almost exactly like a PS Vita (so yes, piracy) except for a few games not working due to it not having a touchscreen (most other games can be whitelisted to play fine).

Rad. What about using the Dualshock 4 touchpad?

Not that I'm aware of.

Apparently it does but is a bit retarded to use. I'd recommend just buying a psvita if you want to play games that use the touchscreen majorly.

Works fine for a majority of games, only games that suffer are games like Miku.

Oh vey! Bad goy! Why are you punishing the nip devs?

If you can even get it running, you'll probably have a bad time with Gravity Rush on the PSTV.

Can people help settle a bit of a bet? What does getting a complete library for a system entail? I argue it is getting a physical copy of every game on the system and a friend of mine says you need to have every collector’s edition if the game had one.
I am currently trying for a complete Vita library, at least for NA, and my friend says it won't be complete until I drop over $500 for a Neptunia rebirth 1 collectors edition. I say I already have the game itself so why bother getting an overpriced collectors edition?

Who is right? assuming that a full library isn't already a waste of time and money with how much garbage still has a physical

Unless the collectors edition doesn't include anything gameplay related, fuck them.

I'd personally only count the games themselves.

Right, the Neptunia collector's edition is the exact same game and even has the same cover art. So I see no reason why he thinks I need that one as opposed to just the game itself to "count". Thanks.

Is he a LE/CE whore? I mean, I like getting free shit as a first print bonus and all (artbooks, OST, etc), but in the long-run I'd say the game matters more and I don't make a huge habit of trying to find copies with first print/LE stuff on the aftermarket, but there's still some people that shell out top dollar for extras beyond the game itself.

Are there any physical grip attachments or accessories or whatever for the Vita 2000 models? I love playing some games like Freedom Wars or PS1 games but sometimes it genuinely feels like my hands cramp up, or that they'd play much better with a DS4.

Spending a lot of goddamn money and taking up a lot of space.

If you have a copy of the game, I would say that counts.

Too bad the game doesn't have multiplayer, it could have led to some really fun vs matches

Finally got my Seven Pirates copy. Shit's pretty neat.
Problem is, while I can broadly understand the story from what is being said and poison my way to victory in battles, tutorials and the sheer amount of kanji in them elude me. Anyone knows what I have to do to charge the Otton blaster I'm stuck on the Leviathan girl boss battle since I reduced her to 0 health but don't know how to charge it. and what I should do to untorpedo the tits from maxed size without reducing cup size?

bump

Pathetic, and RE:Zero is dog shit.

Are these the console-tans of the colored joycons?

What's Vita Thread thinking about the Switch anyways? I'm pretty happy this generations Nintendo gimmick is essentially handheld mode. Imagine nintoodlers subsidizing this thing and it getting the niche support the vita had at the same time. Would be pretty neat having a vita successor ready. By the time the vita is truly dead it should be affordable too.
We all know it's going be a no-games turd though

It's too clunky to be truly portable and to me the vita is already pushing it when it comes to size and portability. Even if it miraculously gets a ton of fun games I can't see myself walking around with it.

I think it actually will get quite a few games but paid online turned me right the fuck off it. Also it's just large enough that i wouldn't take it out of my house, but i don't take my vita anywhere either so the point is moot.

I can kinda see your point.
Younger me would've been all over it, since it'd be ideal to carry it over to friends.
I don't have any more friends though :(

Yeah, it's way to big and clunky to be really portable but I pretty much only use my Vita at home anyways. I wouldn't even think about getting a Switch if I wanted to use it on a train or the like.

Paid online is a bitch. I don't play much multiplayer and would just go without it completely. But If Nintendo put's essential online functions behind a pay wall I definitely won't get a Switch. My last Nintendo console was from the pre-online connected era though. I don't even know how they handle their online services and what the usually over.

Nothing. I have no interest in it. I hope Bomberman doesn't flop, though.

I'm pretty exited for the Swtich. But not enough to pre-order it. Its a really cool idea that will inevitably be torn apart by Nintendo censoring their games, then fixed after hackes hack the living shit out of it. Basically I'll buy one when if either a Rune Factory game gets released on it, or if it gets hacked.

Yeah gotta second that, a Rune Factory game would sell me on the damn thing. I've heard people saying this a lot recently too, maybe we'll get lucky and it'll turn out they were waiting until now to revive the series.

Rune Factory 4 is what sold me a 3DS. Marvelous has been hinting about the series making a return. I think it'll be natural that Rune Factory 4 sold me on the 3DS so Rune Factory 5 should sell me on a Switch. I really hope the Switch gets a revision without those dumbass Joy-cons, I'd rather have my controls permanently affixed to the system.

Too big to be portable and too low of a battery life to care about taking on long trips. I may get one in the future for exclusives but I don't really care for the portable gimmick. Also fuck paid online. It's one of the biggest things that puts me off.

I'm afraid of this actually. I would rather these games go to a handheld that's a legit handheld and not a hybrid. Also Nintendo of America could censor the hell out of many of the products that comes to it.

5 fucking when? Just an announcement would be enough.

Enjoy your shitty 3DPD "realistic" women

Personally not really interested, between the paid online and knowing NoA will likely censor and meme the shit out of any games they can. XC2 I would have some excitement for, but even if NoE winds up handling it, I'm not sure if I trust them to do as good a job as XC Wii, given how they wound up blacking characters in that 3DS Style Savvy game they handled a while back. Also not going to allow myself to get hyped after what happened with XCX, between announcement and western release.

Really though, I'm going to sit back and wait to see just how fucked up things are. Maybe down the line I'll get one if there's enough to warrant it when its had the time to build its library, but as of now, no.

Atelier Shallie+ is out today/this week. Anyone getting it? Digital, Standar or LE?

Been hoping that maybe Techraptor-user or someone else that might have gotten a review copy/download in advance could confirm what the required firmware is for it out here, but I haven't heard jack. Also been wanting to know if the game is coming with the technical improvements that Japanese release saw as patches as a default here, or if those might also be patches here as well (in which case it wouldn't be as simple as using the QCMA trick to resolve, since as far as I'm aware you can't just download a stand-alone patch file with a PS3 and then transfer it to the Vita, the way you can for DLC), but I also haven't heard anything on that front either.

Speaking of DLC, I wonder if TK will be late getting the early-adoption costumes up on the PSN in NA. I recall with Escha & Logy Plus they were a good week or two late on it compared to PAL, and those were only free to download for a month.

I can't even find a place to buy it. Amazon has the PS4 and PS3 version but that's it.

Could just release a patch or something.

You're forgetting something that is very important

Oh shit that should be arriving today. I never finished Ayesha and I accidentally wiped my vita. I have a lot to catch up on.

Money I don't have, damnit. I just wanted to play as Ayesha again. That is all.

What are the odds of me still being able to find this physical like a month from now? I never realized how much i depended on amazon for vita games until now.

I think the standard/physical copies are for EUfags and the LE from 'NISA' was almost out of stock. I ordered from VGP.
Heavy-Arm is getting today orders I suppose.
twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/821330213514530816

50% chance the game is sold out entirely and you'll have to find scalpers selling it for 100$. 50% chance it drops down to like 15$ because Amazon is flushing stock for some reason. I recommend a PO box.

That's because (in NA anyhow) Shallie Plus' physical release was set to be a limited physical print distributed solely by NISA (like Ar Nosurge Plus and Atelier Escha and Logy Plus; TK publishes, Actill handles the script, and all NISA does is distribution), thus no regular retailers are supposed to be carrying it new. Though, I have heard rumor along the lines of Europe actually seeing a regular print, however I'm not certain if that would be being handled by general retailers, or if it would be sold solely through online storefronts. Also an issue that while the Vita is region free, if you were to import a foreign copy to NA it wouldn't work with NA DLC or patches to my knowledge.

Physical in store, or physical online? For the former, I'd say next to no chance; Ar Nosurge Plus had a similar release set up as this and I've only seen one preowned copy locally since it came out (said copy was priced at $90, which was actually kind of cheap compared to online prices). For the latter, you could probably find some up on ebay or Amazon down the line, but prices are not likely to be pretty (both ANS+ and Escha and Logy Plus have shot up in price a lot since release). I will say that while I'm not sure what the stock case looks like for this, I think with Escha and Logy Plus NISA's storefront actually still had some copies post release that eventually got bought up (though that does bear the question of whether you want to give cancer like NISA money for any reason, even if they're only handling the distribution and not the script or code).

Admittedly I might be wrong since it's been a long time since I had an extended stay in a motel, but would a P.O. box be something that could be used for a situation like that, or are those only for businesses?

Also for the sake of comparison, this is the sort of price range Ar Nosurge Plus and Escha & Logy Plus are at these days. Pretty much any seemingly cheap copy that might crop up in a search is likely to be a Japanese/Asian copy (which doesn't help non-mooneruners) or an incomplete one (there's currently someone selling everything but the game for Ar Nosurge Plus for thirty maplebucks). It wouldn't surprise me if Shallie Plus eventually sees similar prices, though I suppose that depends on how many western copies were printed (going off it could be a good bit more available than the prior ones, so maybe this won't be the case).

Well so much for me ever getting into the series.

Just get a Vita TV and pirate them all.

If you have a Vita with 3.60 OFW, I'd like to think you could just pirate and play them through henkaku or whatever. But yeah, if you like and want physical copies (especially with the Vita as memory requirements and card prices is a serious issue), TK has put westerners in between a rock and a hard place. Over half of Gusts Vita games have NO physical release at all (the Arland trilogy used to be a full $120 total and rarely went on sale; now they've got a digital bundle for only $80), and the ones that they have decided to clear for western physicals have tended to be NISA distributed, forcing a weighing of the issue between giving cancer a cut of the $55 these costed at release (at the very least NISA's distribution side seems much less vile than their localization wing), dropping $40 on digital games, or hoping to get lucky on the aftermarket and not pay $180+ for them down the line.

So are the SAO games any good? I've had a Vita a friend gave me but never really bothered to use it as anything more than a PS1 box. Trying to get into more action games and RPGs and I hear all over that SAO is one of the really good ones. What's it even like?

There is a PC release of Firis coming out

If you liked the characters in SAO they're alright because the games are just ARPGs with licensed characters from SAO.

So if I never watched and don't really give a shit about SAO it's pretty much something to avoid or is it a good game that's just wearing that series' skin?

HollowFragment is an okay game. Watch some gameplays.

Think of a "Tales of" game slightly lower quality and an SAO skin and that's what they are. The games are a bit less cancerous than the LNs/Anime but they stilll have the cancer. If you ran out of "Tales of" games to play its a decent distraction if you can find the games for a good price on PS4 or pirate for the vita.

How good is the screen on that thing? I keep hearing it looks good but I think the Vita 2000 still looks good.

VGP has Shallie+ LEs on stock and NISA-EU has less than 10% of LEs.

maybe he lieks wario

Is VGP getting any copies of the EU standard edition of Shallie+? Because I want the game physically but I don't want to give NISA money

He was a pig in the game because he was bullied by some fagmos in school, they hacked his account and changed his avatar. I think it's intended to be for character development.
For some reason he doesn't change it back. What that reason is though I have no idea, maybe it's to look up chicks skirts.
His avatar in Brain Burst is that what it's called? I can't fucking remember. is the skinny silver faggot with the wings.
Kawahara has a habit of writing bad guys who are evil for no particular reason.

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/atelier-shallie-plus-bonus-dlc-set/cid=UP4108-PCSE00998_00-SHALLIEPBONUSDLC

Free DLC

It's the same as the NISA store. I ordered from VGP since the shipping is cheaper

eh, looks like I'll have to use play asia then

it's excellent but there are reports that the colors get a yellowish taint over time/use. I havent heard however of dead pixels unlike the LCD version.

Slim model is still good however, especially with the standard charging cable, extra battery life and 1GB internal memory (just enough if you only want to play a couple of game cartridges).

TK actually being on the ball with that this time. Though, I don't see any voice pack having been put out this time. Did they actually manage to get it onto the physical carts without needing a separate DLC pack this time, compared to E&L+?

Maybe it's a mistake. I hope anons here download it fast before they fix it.

I'm just wondering since with Escha and Logy Plus they made the claim that Gust couldn't find a way to get space on the cart itself for both audio languages and the game in English, and while the game file itself is up on the PSN right now, those waiting on an actual physical copy to pop in are likely still waiting on delivery. Probably won't know unless someone shells out for the digital version or their package arrives later.

I mean, I assume that it's going to have dual audio (given how every Gust localization since Ayesha PS3 has), but I'm not sure as to what the format is for it, whether it's in the game file/cart itself or will be put up later as DLC (it still surprises me that the JP audio file for Escha and Logy Plus was over the size of some multi-disc PS1 games in size).

I recall reading somewhere that Sony has the ability to produce 8GB vita carts but nobody uses them because they are trying to accommodate people buying digital which wouldn't really surprise me. The issue is they fix this by shipping on 4GB carts and then having like 2GB of voice DLC which is essentially the same thing.

mostly monster hunter freedom unite, hot shots golf and skullgirls
dariusburst, tetris nd p4g, thinking about importing taiko no tatsujin
recently nothing
on another note, what are some good arcade-esque infinite games?

The bgm pack is there too
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/atelier-shallie-plus-bgm-package/cid=UP4108-PCSE00998_00-BGMPACK0FIRST000

blog.us.playstation.com/2017/01/17/action-rpg-tokyo-xanadu-coming-to-ps4-and-ps-vita-this-year/
Oh well, at least it's getting a physical release

fug, I wanted the EX on vita, so idk if I should get the ps4 version. Also I want that Blade deck, dont care about the figure.

I'm probably just gonna buy the vita version and then get the PC version later on since it will be the EX version.

I still don't get how Aksys picked up the rights to that, since Falcom's been using XSEED as their western branch for a good while. Or does XSEED mainly have a deal going in regards to Ys and Legend of Heroes, leaving anything else to be potentially picked up by whoever?

Pretty much Falcom wants to expand more in the west since they've seen the money it brings, but xseed is too small to handle everything and they need to reach out to a few more localization teams.

Well, considering how Aksys' localization quality varies, hopefully Falcom knows to keep them on a decent leash.

I'm just gonna pray that NISA never picks up a Falcom game.

Not sure what would be worse: NISA, or Namco once again doing a Google-translate tier job like they did for the Gagharv games. I suppose it might still be the former since that also comes with a tendency for censorship and game ruining bugs on top of a standard of bad English scripts.

Nice strawman fam.

It could have been cheaper if it weren't for the stupid HD rumble shit and IR censors, hell maybe it could have been more powerful for the same price. I wouldn't expect it to reach Vita-tier for a year or so though, giving devs time to make the Switch
I'm a Splatoon fag though, they ruined any chance of me buying one of the damn things with paid online.

Terminal shit taste.

The Switch should fail because home consoles and handhelds should not be mixable. A home console is supposed to be a replacement for a low cost PC that is relevant for the entire generation (obviously this didn't happen this time). Handhelds are supposed to be low power portable experiences that can be appreciated in chunks.
The Switch doesn't have the power of an actual home console so it failed there.
The Switch doesn't have the portability or the battery life of a handheld so it failed there.
What Nintendo is trying to sell people on is a lower powered home console that is only capable of playing portable experiences.
They are going to have to release a hardware revision that does one of the following: dramatically increases the actual processing specs (this won't happen because it would enrage a shitload of autistic early adopters) or a model with a far longer lasting battery (more likely). The issue is once they introduce a Switch that has a battery that lasts for more than 3 hours of actual use they will most likely abandon the DS line and just release an actual home console to replace the Switch in that area.

Just going to take the opportunity to post a red edit of that I made a while back and never found much of a chance to spread around.

like clockwork

Very nice.

Waste of dubs.

do you pay child support for someone elses kids or something? why are you so defensive?

Does the vita have any non-weeb games?

Other than titles that were mostly released around the first year of the thing's lifespan in the west there aren't that many.
That is unless you count indieshit.

Depends on how you categorize weeb.
No

>not sure if I should order that VGP Atelier Shallie+, since there's so many other games coming out this and next month, and I've got a Switch ordered.

Shit.

Might be a question of asking yourself if you want to potentially deal with these sort of prices on it in the future .

Still hoping for some user to confirm what the required firmware is (hopefully 3.60 like it apparently was in Japan) and if it came with the improved framerate as a default or if it's also a patch here in the west.

Actually, wait, better idea. I wanted to get a copy of Nier: Automata from Play-Asia anyway, I'll just grab the EU copy along with it. It'll come later but I don't need it asap.

So can you pirate psp or psone games from the shop yet? Can you emulate yet?

Why do you need to pirate PSP games when you have Adrenaline/Ark?

N64 emulation on Vita soon. RA Twatter just showed it off.

Do you want my coupon?

I dont even know what that means user

Nah, I'll just wait till march so I can do a bigger order and save on shipping

Interesting. I remember trying to emulate Banjo-Kazooie through an emulator on my Wii and pretty much witnessing "Banjo-Kazooie: Halloween Edition." Banjo's shorts were bleached white, he had no fucking pupils in his eyes, and that little mole guy was living in a hill of what looked to be salt. Not sure what other horrors I would have found if I had kept going. Anyhow, I guess my point is that I hope it turns out a bit better than what the Wii's N64 emulator is apparently capable of.

3.60 Henkaku. Get to a search engine and look shit up.

It's got to run better than the PSP N64 emu at least. Hopefully it comes out soon. I'm still waiting on the Reicast port that was teased.

Didn't the Wii have an on board emulator to run VC games or did the games come with an emulator as part of the file?

Question though, why not just put down TechRaptor or Censored Gaming or someone's code? It's $3 instead of $5, but honestly who cares about a $2 difference…?

You can play VC versions of games as their own channels, and I've certainly seen people post dumps of them in share threads before. Problem being that not every game has official VC versions, and in particular Rare took Conker and Banjo with them when they went to Microsoft.

That's what I'll probably do in march

The vita should have taken off more but there's a bunch of games that will NEVER EVER get a western release. Fuck this shit.

I ended up buying a copy of Atelier Shallie+ from VGP.

I'm getting close to the point of saying "fuck it" and start buying anything I don't already have to fill out my collection.

Atlus why
I'll pass

Guess I know what to pirate next.

The worst part is that they actively went out of their way to say no to Limited Run Games when they asked if they can do a print of it

twitter.com/AtlusUSA/status/821757315544064000

Well I suppose I can always import from USA.

>its getting censored

Here's the scene that's getting censored in the anime

That's it?
THAT'S FUCKING IT?

Pretty much m8.
Probably to conform to child protection laws or some shit.

I was wondering what was taking so long for an announcement. So they are releasing part 2 and part 3 at the same time or separately? Either way I'm fucking hype.

So Mask of Deception this spring and Mask of Truth in autumn.

Neato. Since how poorly the anime was handled killed off pretty much all interest besides the diehard fans of the series I never got spoilered as to how it ended. I never imagined I would be getting to find that out myself so soon.

Can't say i hated the anime but it did have problems. First series managed to blend SoL stuff with war well while the second one dumped all the SoL in the first half and all the combat in the second half fucking the pacing hard. I'm gonna assume the game doesn't have that problem.

It doesn't. It had an incompetent staff that turned an 8/10 game into a 5/10 anime. The director was the same dude that directed School Days for fucks sake.

Spanking your child is fucking murder now?

They've done this with all the Dusk series releases on Vita, actually. Instead of the extra extras (since Plus is already GOTY version with some extra bells & whistles) costing you a penny, they put it up for free for about a month. Ayesha had her wedding dress & whatnot dlc free for that, Escha & Logy had Nio's Administrator outfit & some extra soundtrack stuff (iirc) free, and now this. They just didn't do it for the Arland Plus Trilogy is all.

Far as the language pack, I haven't seen/heard anything but when it's in my hands, y'all will be the first to know.

Hear me now: Give them not one dime. Spell-check failing, grammar failing, likely bug-riddled shit. Avoid unless pirating or buying the original JPN release.

They're also royal fucking idiots (or Falcom is being vicious) since EVERYTHING in Xanadu is in EX+, meaning there's no damn reason whatsoever to even pay Xanadu any attention in the slightest.

The game plays nicely, btw. Good action game on stage setting. Falcom bossfights satisfying as they always are. Still learning language so the story is still lost to me for the most part. I'm still in mind it's little more than a Persona bite in better hands.

Skipping this one, then.

Jesus Christ what the hell were they thinking with that one.

Holy shit, Gal*Gun is now considered CP in New Zealand.

If this is real… fuck, it explains why some pubs might censor so much…

Pretty much. Western countries seem to have a thing against corporal punishment.

If I can actually play Perfect Dark, I'll be happy to jump into N64 emulation. The Vita might lack shooters, but with the PSP and emulation, we get plenty of options.

On that note, does anyone know how intensive streaming is? I want to try streaming NOLF to my Vita.

What the fuck New Zealand. Either way there's a good chance that's what caused it and that sets a really ugly precedent as it means the whiniest country can get a game censored for everyone.

And that's why our kids are such little shits these days.

Streaming with Moonlight, I mean.

I don't disagree with you.

GG tried to dig into the ESRB to show how shit it was- with the intent of disbanding the ESRB or limiting it's powers.

However, another group called IARC wants to come into play. A rating's board for all countries.
Now being the ESRB can be manipulated by large stores & possibly AAA game devs behind closed doors- imagine what an organization like that could do (racking in the money) and who would target them?

Imagine a global ESRB just like New Zealand's and Germany's?

Why compete with Japan when you can just disinfo and ban their games from selling outside their own country?

Fucking hell, I just waned to play video games. They didn't even release Gal*Gun in NZ and this happened.

Where are you faggots buying it?

Bought mine on VGP, shipped yesterday.
videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=24325

Even if I bought it, I wouldn't be able to play it. Henkaku 3.63 compatibility when? Hell, I might just be better off importing it.

Sounds like the usual shit they do, ban the competition so that people will have no choice but to buy your shit. Doesn't always work though, like with comics they just caused the death of the medium.

It feels like the west is starting to push back against this bullshit but i expect it to get worse before it gets better.

haw, I guess I have to buy another pstv just to play mine

Upcoming games are too kawaii that deserve to be played

So this is a definitive version with everything in it?

more content than the ps3 game, yes.

But not all?

All the dlc, new characters, better story and some premium dlc is here .
Yes, the definitve version.

Not interested. But I haven't bought a new console since I bought my PSTV and Vita systems since I refused to pay to play online, and I have a PC good enough to run games made by people who know the basics of making a game run well. There are maybe 2 games I cared about on WiiU, and none I care about on PS4 or announced for Switch, so meh.

Actually super excited for this. Shame about the censorship but it seems not as bad as what happened with Dungeon Travelers 2, which turned out to be an amazing game regardless. Some argue loli spats are hotter. I disagree but see the appeal.

Me as well, man. I'd say I'm pissed about the censorship but as far as I've seen, they haven't actually said how it's being censored. If they remove it completely, then I'll be angry. But they did say it was only "slightly" censored though so.
At the minute I'm more pissed about it being digital only in Europe.

I'd assume there's at least some western countries they're wanting to release in where it would be outright considered child abuse, or something. Hasn't kept Namco from leaving in Raine smacking and spanking Genis when he's acting like a disobedient twat in Tales of Symphonia (any of the versions to come west, including the PS3 one a few years back, as far as I'm aware), but maybe things have changed.

Germany already established that in getting Namco to remove Nazi attire from the latest Jojo game for all western countries. I could understand maybe taking it out of the base release and making it free DLC for anyone not living under Germany's laws (IE: Everywhere else still gets the full game), but no.

Sadly I imagine there would be plenty of people that would support the notion, be it trigger sensitive SJWs or just people that think Japanese games should require knowing Japanese to play them and get mad when stuff gets cleared to come west.

I thought it was Australia that banned it. Or does New Zealand count as the same general area and thus didn't get it there either.

Found anything about the required OFW to run it?

キタ━━━(゚∀゚)━━━!!

Now I still have to get the memory card, do you need one to do the initial hack setup though? If it does, does Odin Sphere require updating the system?

Wow I thought Australia was bad for slapping the R-18 rating on that one, and if I remember right it was one of two games that EB Games cancelled preorders for.

can someone feed me some cool info to do around the vita. besides playing games and wallpapers.

OK cool, a few errors to install vitashell and the 3.60 update but it eventually worked. Odin Sphere doesn't want to update to be played so that's fine too. This is a much nicer piece of hardware than the 3DS, the screen in particular.

But what are you supposed to do from here? My main two things are A: dumping cartridges for playing, without needing to update the system, and B: running SotN.

Either use Mai to dump the carts or download prexisting dumps. Try not to use vpk games unless they are the best/only option.
As far as I know Retroarch has PSX emulation in varying quality with 1.4 coming "soon" or you could get Dracula X Chronicles and try to play it on the PSP emu through Adrenaline.

I don't think those people exist. What would they have to get mad about? Any Japanese game that gets localized gets so butchered that it's pretty much like playing another game, so the purists still get to be smug about having the real game and not Treehouse/NISA/whoever's shit version of it.

If possible, get a bigger memory card.

It isn't that Japanese games should requiring knowing Japanese. The issue is that when a game is localized the very few companies that translate faithfully make "compromises" to avoid shitstorms and less faithful companies outright change or ignore dialogue to the point that they write fanfiction for an established franchise. The Japanese are so disconnected from the rest of the world (in a good way, for them) that they don't need to or want to give a shit about what happens to a game after it gets localized. So it isn't getting mad that stuff is cleared to come West. It's (Non-Japanese) fans of a series knowing a game they enjoy is about to get gutted and strung up in the name of Western sensibilities. In my opinion Germany shouldn't be considered a Western country but somehow is, I assume it's because Germany is the advanced form of supercancer Western PC

That is exactly what to get mad about. As an example this behavior lead to a massive decline in the quality of the FE series because Memehouse couldn't fucking translate shit properly or quit cutting content/changing dialogue to the point that what they release is only FE in name but faggots buy it anyway, claiming to be FE fans while trashing people who actually liked FE and not Waifu Sim: Memehouse Edition.

Don't even pretend the west doesn't do the same thing. Every western game that goes to Japan gets censored, and they complain about shitty translations of the western games they get just as much as we complain about shit like Treehouse, but I've never seen anyone here talk about that. We don't care what happens to western games that go to foreign countries because it doesn't affect us. The Japanese are the same way with their games.

Not going to lie, I fucking loved that battle theme. If nothing else, you can always count on Gust games to have some of the best damn music in the industry.

No, I meant that I used to see people years back at halfchan that learned moon to play particular as-of-then Japanese-only games and thought that EVERYONE that wanted to play them should be forced through the years long process like them. And then something that was considered a Never Ever got cleared to come west, they'd pitch a fit, and spam spoilers in threads appropriate to the game (series, system, etc) at hand to make western anons not interested in the game anymore. The reasoning being that "the west doesn't deserve games as good as these." I can only imagine what happened there when XSEED finally said they had an actual release frame for TitS: SC.

Ideally we as western fans shouldn't feel like you have to learn moon (or be told by the western publisher themselves to do so, like Gaijinworks has done) if we want to experience an unfucked-with game in our own native languages. But apparently asking for a game to be brought into English unmemed and uncensored, and without being rewrite tier, is somehow too much to ask from some of them.

Could you source this please? As I understand Japan and other European countries have different mentalities on blood and gore than the US has but not to the point they're censoring bathing suits and clothed butts.

The localization companies who drop the "learn moon or deal with our trash" garbage aren't speaking to people who actually care about censorship of the game. It's a power play designed to water down the actual problem, that they're censoring games. If people actually took the localizer's "advice" and learned moon they would just find a new reason to bitch. They hype games so they can sell long running series to normalfags and then use the new normalfag fanbase as an excuse to censor future releases because their "core" audience doesn't like that

I have been thinking of getting Genkai Tokki Seven Pirates but I can't read moon. Should the gameplay be enough to warrant a purchase?

I'm strongly appreciative of the help, thank you!

I've got one ordered it'll take a while to get here. In the meantime the built-in storage will do for playing carts.

Too easy.

I'll try the DXC version at some point just for alt Maria mode. RetroArch will be nice for other PSX games like SotN though if it runs at full speed, although I notice the Vita only has L and R buttons, no L2 and R2, what's it do in lieu of those?

i'd rather wait to see how the vita port turns out

Atelier Shallie Plus (jap version) was running on low framerate until you downloaded the 60-70MB patch
Yoru no Nai Kuni (Nights of Azure) was a shitty port all around. low framerate and characters looking like pixel mess
I heard Toukiden 2 on Vita was also a poor port.

Early Koei Tecmo releases on Vita werent perfect, but they were still playable.

I'm not sure if Retroarch supports it but the two touchplates on the back of the Vita simulate L2/R2. It's really not very comfortable and if you plan on playing anything that heavily uses L2/R2 I recommend getting one of those attachments that slips over the console and gives it L2/R2 buttons

Vita ports are going to get more shit over time as the hardware reaches the end of it's 3rd party life cycle.

Oh the weird pads on the back are touch-sensitive. What knucklehead thought to put them there, they're in the worst position, and what's the point of them! Thankfully SotN only uses the L/R triggers for transformations.

Actually I'm surprised the L/R buttons aren't sensitive to which side was pressed, they feel like maybe they were meant to do that. But no.

They put touch sensitive stuff all over the vita and then maybe five games total actually used them. Would've been better and probably decreased costs if they had no touch pads/touchscreen and just found some way to put four shoulder buttons but Sony was trying to copy Nintendo's touch shit because they thought that was what drew people to the console.

Really hope OCing the Vita will fix Nights of Azure, since ordered it.

Just learned henkaku doesn't persist after power off and needs reinstalling with an Internet connection after doing that. No biggie but it's too bad Sony got it together after being humiliated with the PS3.

Also I won't have the memory card for a while, is it safe to use the internal storage provided you keep everything in a new directory and don't muck with existing ones? I'd like to at least try a few basic emulators.

With the 3DS the touchscreen only works well because it's on a second screen and they include a stylus. It's ideal for menus, and stuff like Swapdoodle. On Vita it only seems of use for the browser and entering text.

lewd rubbing games. The vita could have left the touch shit out and probably launched at a better price point or had better internals and been successful.

Moe Chronicle have that, shit was a pain to rub and take a screenshot

Forgot about those somehow, and I even intend to throw some trashy weeb games on there just because.

The sad thing is it's still a better game than soul sacrifice or toukiden.
So how are the ps2 final fantasy ports?

i fail to see how anything about Freedom Wars is better than Soul Sacrifice. At least SS has colorful characters and a neat story with an interesting kind of Grimm theme. Freedom Wars has bland gameplay and a boring as hell story, and a typical dull future-post-apocalypse setting.

Mostly robot wife and guns. The offerings system just killed SS for me, it was just boring.
I don't care about the stories to be honest, I just want a fun game and neither really do it

4gamer net/games/999/G999902/20170116043/

Googlefish:
The price is the same as before 2980 yen (tax excluded), the tax-included price is 3218 yen.

Might be news for y'all.

so you bought something from the flash sale?

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALE17LP

There are only two worthwhile games there and neither are worth updating for.

Didn't grab anything besides Borderlands 2 on Vita.

I'm a sucker for a handheld version, it was only 5 bucks.

I'm at the fifth dungeon on Moe Chronicle. My party is Latte, Leche, Typica, Kobold and Banshee. It's hard to remove Latte because of her spells and Leche is my best damage dealer. The difficulty isn't too bad but the rubbing game is annoying. If Moe traits weren't a factor, I would build a team that suits more of my tastes.

Damn, there's really nothing here at all.

Currently playing kancolle kai and trying out save game editing for fun. I'm surprised it work.
Nothing for now.

I bought Rogue Galaxy so I can play it via remote play.

It looks and runs like ass on the Vita. There's no reason to buy it other than to say you did.
Retard.

Even if Borderlands 2 ran well on Vita it would still suck because Borderlands 2 is a bad game. I'm not saying this because its popular to say here either. The gameplay is mediocre, usually RPGs can make up for that by having interesting quests, good dialogue, and cool things to see. Borderlands 2 was the first game I had to turn the dialogue audio off because of how annoying the voice work is. I swear they designed the writing and voice acting to be annoying.

It also doesnt help that I like to play critically panned games just to see if they're as bad as people say they are.

They planned some characters to be obnoxious like Claptrap, but deliberately annoying is still annoying.

HOLY SHIT NIGGA NO
What a retarded decision. If I do get one of these, what's the go with vita piracy? Is it exclusive to some obscure firmware version? Would it allow for bypassing this region bullshit

Claptrap is awful. I figured they must of designed him to be annoying, thinking it would be hilarious. I'm not a masochist like Gearbox employees are, so it just irritated me and caused me to drop the game.

Of course, I am in complete agreement here. But you can at least pirate that shit to spite gearbox, why you'd ever buy AND play it with tiny Vita sticks is beyond me.

The game was mediocre with it's middle ground half fps/half rpg gameplay that emphasized the shitty parts of both. It got worse because Anthony the Cuck made it 99% memes 1% propaganda. Giving any amount of money is just retarded.

The memory cards aren't exactly region locked. They just access one region's DLC/Digital storefronts from one region at a time (because memory cards store account data for digital content activation). If you've stuck with 3.60 and used henkaku you can install whatever dumped games you can find and I believe there is some homebrew for switching accounts without formatting the memory card. If you haven't you can just buy a second memory card from literally anywhere and use it for a JPN PSN account just fine.

Got the LE. Probably not worth it unless you still listen to music on CD's.

cool. it's just that I travel a lot and hate fuckign around with replacing cartridges, memory cards etc. I pirate most my 3ds games for convenience more than anything else (buy phyiscal cart for $30 - same game is $50 on eshop).

guess I'll keep looking into it. thanks.

Your vita is slaved to your account, though. ANY digital wares bought legit or downloaded are for that account only.

PS4/PS3
- Access to all content regardless of whatever account you're signed in under

PSVita
- You only have access to what you bought on that account, This includes if that account is an entirely different region.

And the process to switch accounts on the Vita is lengthy, tedious, and can potentially lock you out your shit if you're really fucking up. It's a waste and a drain, through & through. I don't blame anyone that takes up Henkaku.

As I explained, you will NEED carts if you're not going Henkaku and plan on wanting to play things out of region. Vita is an account-restricted device to those who aren't hacking.

There's no easy convenience outside of Henkaku. You do what works for you. I have two vitas & two cards cause I can't be bothered risking formatting errors pointlessly. Other anons have multiple memory cards, or take the big annoyance of backing their shit up on desk/laptop.

Someone actually said this was easier than 3DS hacking…

Anyway, I know to stay on 3.60, that's easy enough, but how about playing later games that want you to update? I'm interested in buying a few games but not ones that won't work.

Also I went ahead and tried a few of the RA cores (nightlies). PCSX-ReARMed works pretty well, except for the stupid L2/R2 on the back nonsense (might get the attachment). DOSBox is too slow even for Jumpjet and Duke Nukem 2. MAME is some ancient 2003 version, and FBA is too slow for tgm2p. As expected?

You are using moe traits? That shit is useless to me and I just make my team with whatever I want.
I like the rubbing and poking in the game, always pop a boner, to bad they didnt add subtitles for those sections.
Looking for monsters that have one panty item is a pain

I might be wrong (also I don't have any experience doing henkaku just yet, though I have been keeping my Vita at 3.60 just in case), but I think that I've heard that for games that only required 3.60 or below in Japan, you can tweak the data for dumped western releases to match the Japanese original if the western ones require higher. Though, I wager that only helps for dumped files, not cartridge or legit PSN bought formats.

It seems someone over on wololo is (was?) trying to build a list of Vita games with their official firmware requirements (some of which being only speculated at as I suppose it's hard to find Vitas still at really, really low OFW), but it seems like the last update to it was in 2015. There's also a note that while some games have a required OFW to download, they have higher required OFW to run. Plus, for some of the more recent releases, it's pretty hard to find concrete information as to what they require yet (I can't find anything about Atelier Shallie Plus' western release as of yet, though that might be in part due to my autistic refusal to click any of the reddit links that show up on google searches; it's as if that's the only place with people asking about the firmware).

I know with the PSP you could remap controls for PS1 games so the analog stick could take over the function of L2 and R2. Though of course, that left one stuck with the d-pad for navigation, and some games really needed two analog sticks to take advantage of (combined with the general lack of L2 and R2 functionality as well).

Seems like 3.61 isn't all that new (August 2016) I'll just take my chances with cartridge games released before then, and hope they haven't updated the firmware requirements since. If they do I've no qualms about getting pirate copies down the track.

RetroArch lets you do it too, I'll get creative where necessary. At least with the stuff I play the triggers aren't overly used.

I wish there were more reprints (for the Atelier Plus games, especially Ayesha and Shallie, Dragon Quest Heroes II, Caligula, Eiyuu Densetsu Sen no Kiseki II, Ys 7, Fate/Hollow Atarxia, Net High, Deception IV Nightmare Princess, Lost Dimension) that include the patches/update directly on the cartridge

I don't think it counts as a reprint when some of those games didn't see an initial print out here. Or are you talking imports, given how Fate/Hollow Ataraxia never even came west (has that even been fan-translated in any format it's been in)?

Will leaving my Vita on sleep mode for extended periods fug the battery? I realized I left it like that for about a week.

I meant games that get a re-release in their region. For instance, the Rayman Origins+Legends reprint collection make you avoid the 200MB update download (from the initial release of Legends) as it's already directly on the cartridge.

Japan has The Best, CompileHeart Collection, Welcome Price, Squeenix Greatest Hits as kind of reprints. But for some reason, the games I listed above still get ignored.

I remember I had to sell my EU copy of Xonic Superbeat because there was a mandatory 1.2GB patch/update (for the DLC shit but also because the EU version had an initial bug that would prevent you to unlock stuff). Dunno how the US or JP copies are doing tho.

I'd rather have bug-free copies of games in the long run. also fuck buying a bigger memory card for this shit.

Why would it? It's bad for the battery to be stored above 80% and much worse under 40% capacity for an extended period of time. The vita doesn't use much power in sleep mode so it should be pretty much ideal to leave it in sleep mode if you are not using it for a few days and even a week or two as long as you don't let it sit under 40% for to long. My Vita is about 3.5 years old now and was in sleep mode for the majority of it's life and it's still going strong.

Ah, I see. Yeah, I've heard that the Vita Atelier games have been holding a steady price in Japan. Wouldn't surprise me if not being reprinted might have something to do with that.

new bread when? please use pic related

new thread here

Perhaps wait until page 13-14 next time? This still has a bit longer to last.

well, i've got an 11 hour shift starting in about an hour, so i went ahead. Not that i'm the only one who can make the threads, but i like doing it

We always make a new one around page 6 or 7 anyway. If it's that big of an issue the mods can just delete this thread, it's already archived.

Kuon is best waifu

Fair enough, I don't care that much really.