Q

Is Q the coolest guy ever in a fighting game? Why are the character designs so shit now?

SFIII-3 is one of the most fun fighting games to watch because of the cool characters. Clumsy masked detective, black posh boxer, huge spring-like clapping man, yellow geezer witchdoctor, tanning bed muscle wizard, elastic fiend…
I look at games like BlazBlue and Guilty Gear with all those samey anime characters and it looks so dull.

Try again

Because the character designers didn't take inspiration from Tokusatsu enough. Seriously, Q's based on Robot Detective K.

Anime games just go more extreme. I argue that anime is more extreme but less coherent overall. That's why I prefer less crazy designs of SF and Tekken.

To 3s fans,
How's Co-op cup?
Twitch: gamenewton / gamenewton_us

Well, Tekken 7 yoshimitsu says otherwise.

I want a show about Q and Dudley solving mysteries.

Tekken 3 Yoshimitsu is better

He's just some dude in a suit and a mask.

Is he cthulhu?

What the fuck happened to Yoshimitsu?

No
He is a rape tentacle monster that goes after dark haired lolies

He keeps getting better. At this point, Yoshimitsu should have his own hack and slash action game.

Why is Yoshimitsu an Octopus man now? Where has Kunimitsu been all these years?

I'd play the shit out of a Revengeance style Yoshimitsu game.

What are some character designs that trigger you autism (in a good way)?
Pic related, I love this Tezuka/UB Iwerkz-like artstyle.

In contrast to this, I also like a gritty cartoony artstyle as well. In-between, I like something similar to Panty & Stocking.

Same here.
Tekken 7 FR is shaping up pretty good, hopefully we will get some spin-off of the characters.

What could the story of a Yoshimitsu game even be about? Would it be the Tekken or Soul Calibur universe? Maybe you can unlock the different incarnations as costumes and shit, that would be cool.

But there's Gay Billiards Man, YoYo Girlboi, One Arm Dyke, Blind Shadow Fighter, Hairy Russian Woman, Illiterate Chinese Chef, and a guy sleeping on his bed.

It's bizarre how a guy sleeping in his bed can somehow be badass enough to push around an immortal vampire and make that vampire want to gitgud again. Then again GGX's story is one of the most ridiculous and nonsensical things ever thought up and I shiggy anyone who takes story mode in GGXRD seriously. I have trouble believing even Arcsys takes their story serious.

Too bad that bright haired lolies will be safe from the tentacle samurai rape.

hakan is best but q is close

not exactly vidya but ishinomori's designs are some of my favorite
keiji was the inspiration for q so i guess it's kinda vidya

viewtiful joe and metal slug are some or the prettiest games ever made imho

octopus yoshi is why i wanna play tekken

I really need to get around to fucking watching that at some point. You wouldn't happen to have the webm where the jap autist goes on about the intro, would you?

Who's on the character roster?
…I ask as if I know the first thing about Tekken.

SNK so good at character design they can take just a regular dude in a trucker getup and make him iconic and instantly recognizable.

Ah..009. Back before RE:Cyborg fucks up their design. Seriously…Why the fuck do you get rid of 002's iconic nose?

After a couple of redesigns. Original Terry had sleeves.

Perfect.

Well Yoshimitsu (the sword) is kinda like a Muramasa-type sword that causes the owner to kill and/or generally become crazy so in a way yes?

There's some precedent as Yoshi was a Squidman in Soul Calibur 3 and 4. Kunimitsu fucked off after 2 basically and only showed up in the Tag Tournements to try and Steal Yoshi's sword. Also apparently she was part of Swastika posse of ninja bandits in 2, and wanted to steal Heihachi's money who apparently stole it from Native Americans. Those could have something to do with going missing in 3

Could follow all of them (I, II, whatever number he's at by Tekken). Just follow the story lines for Yoshi, there should be enough there. Or focus on Yoshimitsu the second destroying a rival gang of bandits that are the antithesis of his whole "Robin Hood" style.

Tekken's pretty good about bringing people back (hell Tag Tournament 2 had EVERYONE that had appeared before I think).
But the new characters are Enrico Maxwell, Buff Zenyatta, Jack (like they always do), Cry baby Bruce Irvin, Brazillian lady, Heihachi's wife, Kpop, female Woolie Madden, Rashid, and the reason Capcom had to use a Pug in a Sunflower costume for Akuma.

Check em out

What kind of tv is that?

manga is gud. god's war thing after not so much. pretty simplistic but the author really nails it stylistically I think.

never gets old

he's literally a fedora wearing autist tho

I personally think his design is garbage, right up there with SFIII femboy Guile.

That would be my nigger Faust, and even in the same game as Q I like necro much more

Deadly Double Combination is definitely my favorite fighting game super. It's simple especially compared to the cutscene-fest of modern fightan but fucking great.