Chex Quest Thread

Because doom is for faggots.

What's your favourite mapset?
Do you think there will be a four episode made and will it stand up to the quality that was Chex 3?
Asides from samsararip, what's your favourite doom mod featuring Chester?

thinly veiled retro FPS thread because doom thread died

Other urls found in this thread:

zdoom.org/wiki/Multiplayer
archive.org/details/ChexQuest_1020
archive.org/details/CrunchlingAdventure
mediafire.com/?gp1rrdb94baan2g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm more of a heretic kind of guy

Heretic is all sorts of fun, but sometimes the level design gets to you, specially in the first two episodes. It really never lived up to be on par with even Doom 2 despite how rad the weaponset and enemy variance is.
Same thing happened with Hexen, although to a worser extent due to switch-key hunting puzzles which were a bore to go through.

Chex Quest is for babies. Just play Super 3D Noah's Ark, if Doom is too spooky for you, or if your mom won't let you play violent games.

I'm sure this gets asked a lot more often than not, but what's agood source port for co-op of Doom/Chex Quest/Heretic/Hexen? I doubt Strife will work well co-op but the others should be okay.

The first episode has good levels, the second is the least remarkable of the three, I honestly don't remember a single one.
The shadow of the serpent riders episode are just a slog, heretic enemies are too bullet sponge-y by far.

If it's on LAN i don't recommend lan-emulator networks like hamachi for this due to peer 2 peer lag being a shit then ZDoom and GZDoom supports multiplayer COOP for each.
For everything else, just trow up a Zandronum server or join anyone. There's always like 800 of them and there's always bound to be one hosting vanilla Heretic, Hexen or Chex Quest.
Strife surprisingly works great in COOP on both sourceports as long as no one triggers the alarm in town and there's a designated guy that talks to NPCs and grabs keys.

It'd be LAN only. Thanks! I somehow forgot that ZDoom has network options.

Interesting about Strife. I'll have to try it sometime, then.

ZDoom has the option to save multiplayer games as long as no one quits before the match is saved and can reinstate it as long as everyone has their respective save files, it's great for Strife COOP because of this but it can be used in any other IWAD.
Though, beware that it's somewhat convoulted to setup and you'll need to check the wiki for all the commands here: zdoom.org/wiki/Multiplayer

Much appreciated!

The third episode is just beautiful, no contest.

I'm honestly surprised at how much more fun that game is compared to most shooters now. Granted its still just Wolf3D.

archive.org/details/ChexQuest_1020

bump

SPOON AND ZORCH
SPOON AND ZORCH
YOU ARE HUGE, THAT MEANS YOU HAVE HUGE FLEM
SPOON AND ZORCH

We need a brutal Chex Quest :^)

We should get a game night going. What would you fags want to play?

Yes.

Casuals, the lot of you.

archive.org/details/CrunchlingAdventure

What play then? Or rather, where a good place to look over multiplayer mods and game modes?

Chex more like Dicks, which is what you love to have for breakfast LO L O W N E D

I bet you even pour the milk BEFORE you add the dicks L M A O R E K T

i like chex quest, i like rpg

Is it true that the gaming press back in the day were so uptight as to pan this game?

Chex. Quest. Is. Not. A. RPG.

I was gonna speedrun this for a free wr and the lulz but someone beat me to it. maybe I should do it anyway and try to make crunchling adventure the ultimate meme game.

So Chukker's been workin on a remakeā€¦

The models look absolutely hilarious. Though hasn't he been working on this for some time now? You'd think he would have released a demo or something from this after so long.

He's been playing around with the idea for some time now - those character models are hardly new ; but it wasn't until a little over half a year ago he finally made a formal announcement.

My guess is blueprint scripting's what got him interested in the project again.

mediafire.com/?gp1rrdb94baan2g

Fun fact: The cereal planet model's pretty much a high quality version of the one from the old intro.

forgot pic