Monthly Meta Thread

First of all, my apologies for not having the thread in December. We figured it was best to delay to early January because of the holidays.

With that said, we'd like to get some feedback on how things are handled on the board. Feel free to bring up concerns, problems and suggestions.

Since it's likely to come up, the 4am thread is handled like this:

The thread is bumplocked on creation, avatarfagging is still banned.

As for the LOL threads, they will remain but with the same rules as the WEBM threads, which are keep the OP and the thread mostly vidya.

Let us begin.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/371970/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mark please fix videogames

I just want to waste my life playing VIDEOGAMES and shitpost on Cambodian noodle trains, but (((they))) keep subverting western culture and its taking a toll on me

Third

1)Stop the shill that starts threads as such:
>But what about _
2)Keep Nier Automata threads to a single thread
3)Mark kill yourself no one likes jews

That's about it

Oh sure, thats why we just had two of them up with the older one at around 200 replies.

1) been deleting the template threads
2) depends on the situation
3)

Maybe you should've reported the newer thread then.

Nice double dubs. Also, you do realize a handful of faggots in the 4am just started tripfagging because their identity got removed right?

The first point could be covered under "template threads" tbh.

I feel like you've been improving as head mod Mark. So good job I guess.

Maybe I did and nothing fucking happened

Why is Val still allowed here?

Why havent you killed yourself?

I propose all politics posting be designated to a different board like how /a/ handles it, or limit it to a single thread like how GG is handled. I'll also accept a stickied post that says you can filter shit you don't like.

Why haven't you?

Because user sin't I hope a jew

Fuck off, cuck. Video games are politics.

Val did nothing wrong, he's a quality poster for a quality board.

As much as I dislike /a/'s moderation team, they do a really good job at removing Holla Forums-Holla Forums shitflinging, **but that may be because it doesn't get much traffic*.

WHEN WILL YOU BAN THE RABBIT THREADS YOU STUPID FAGGOT.

WHEN WILL YOU BAN THE RABBIT THREADS YOU STUPID FAGGOT.

Link /vmeta/ at the top and check it frequently. Not everyone's on, awake, and aware for meta threads, you don't always make them, and people tend to get drown out by the faggots posting in a sticky.

Quality > Quantity

I don't think board size matters when it comes to that, just look at Holla Forums.

He's still around? I filtered him a year ago and haven't seen him since. It's honestly what everyone should do.

Smaller boards generally are better, news at 11.

Blame the fact that television and movies are a good ways to get ideas across, no matter the idea.

If you're talking about the Holla Forums vs Holla Forums thing, We ban & delete those posters on sight.

If you're talking about politics you disagree with should be banned while actually related to the thread then you can eat shit.

Goes against my principles to perma ban people for just being retarded.

are you talking about the meta thread and the LOL thread? I only saw one LOL thread being made for the past week.

I did not, but I'm not surprised.

I can ask you the same thing.

Holla Forums is a true communist kino board now
.t TruthSeeker :^)

Like unrelated Holla Forums and Holla Forums shitflinging or any politics discussion related to videogames?

no

Rabbit threads are not a problem because they only happen at the end of the month. We need to focus on worse things such as the "not vidya because I don't like that vidya" faggots and stuff all ASSFAGGOTS into a single thread.

I was talking about the LOL threads, there were two up so I reported the newer one as a duplicate thread and nothing happened.

/metav/ usage when? The board can be claimed you faggot, you might want to do something about it.

I meant the Holla Forums and Holla Forums drama.I think I'll pass on eating shit; I don't want to end up looking like you.

Unrelated Holla Forums and Holla Forums posts
Talking about the politics of a specific game has always been allowed.

Alright, I agree with that then.

Have you considered a rule to add where the OP can't be a >(1) & Done shitposter and should at least participate his thread? Because it feels pretty easy to tell if the thread is template, rugga, etc. if they don't bother posting in it.

Mark, can you increase bump limit from 300 posts to 350 or 400 posts? Some threads here can benefit from staying on the board longer.

This one too.

Hi newfag

How would that work? 50 posts in and if OP is still a (1) the thread is kicked?

Have you thought of any ways of cleaning up 4am threads? There are a few avatarfags in there that ruin it for everybody else

It doesn't even make sense
Hes right about templates, but if the OP makes a legit tread and fucks off then why the fuck should anything happen?

Someone can make a perfectly fine thread with good discussion without ever posting in it again. Some people just prefer to read and lurk instead, there's nothing wrong with that.
Forcing people to post or their thread gets deleted would just lead to OPs making stupid shitposts in their threads, and probably needlessly bumping it.

Also this.

I think he's talking about politics discussion related to video games.

The team has been very good with the the Holla Forums vs Holla Forums shit flinging, since they ban & delete that shit on sight.

how odd, is it still up?

Here's the thing with ASSFAGGOTS, I hate them as much as anyone else. However the fact is that they're video games, with that said you can shit on NOBAS as much as you want. It would go against my principles too outright ban them.

I haven't seen it too much and the other guys have been quick to ban and delete that shit. My personal suggestion is to keep up the good work and report the crap when you see it.

yeah but other threads benefit from being on the board shorter.

I know what you're talking about, and I'll say that it depends on how shit the actual OPs are and how frequently he's making threads.

What about threads that never get enough replies for OP to make a meaningful response?

Nah both are gone now, it was a few days ago

Oh the ironing.

Lime removal when?

They'll use 'muh slippery slope' and 'Mark-kun is just as bad as cuckchan mods' again. It's not like they're using the board for anything other than the threads though.

I didn't say ban, just have them all in once place so we don't end up with LoL threads Dota threads BlizDota threads etc.

Impossible to enforce until the thread already has a critical mass of posters making it difficult to delete. A better solution is aggressively bumplocking low-quality OPs with one line or template style, then reversing the bumplock if they happen to turn into something worthwhile.

I agree with you, I just feel bad that the thread has to be brought down into the mud by a few indivuals.

Why don't you keep all the

If a thread is popular enough to stay on page 1 and get to 300 replies, I don't see why it shouldn't have a bump limit of 400. We usually just get the same thread again because the original thread hit bump limit and everyone waited for it to die before resuming to talk in a new thread.

I hope it gets fixed at some point, but all you can do is complain about it while they filter you and people rush to their defense.

300 bump limit works fine, generals don't stagnate too horribly, one-shot threads live their most natural lifespan, and necromancy is kept down.

The guys have been doing what they can.

nono. he's referring to OPs that make random threads like "What did he mean by this" and then makes another thread in 2 minutes that says "Would you fuck a blaziken?".

Oh, my apologies then.

I'll discuss it with the team.

As do I, but the fact is that those faggots completely ruined the threads. The only thing we can do and have been doing is banning and deleting their posts.

Make make a thread on >>>/sudo/ basically asking CM for a feature that allows BO's to extend the bump limit of certain threads by a set amount. For now I think things are good.

also what said.

/tg/ was here. Holla Forums is alright more or less, but you guys need to get your shit together. We worry about you, sometimes.

Also are filenames broken again?

mind going into detail?

works for me.

The closest to the save filename feature the site used to have that I have is jumping through "save link as and fuck with window size so I can add the rest of the text".

Thank you for the response

If it feels like there getting no head way towards solving the problem, have they thought about alternate solutions? Like the idea that they need to not allow 4 am threads for a week, or a month, to push the avatar fags away to find another hug box? Have ideas like this been thought of but not taken action cause it hasn't gotten worse yet?

Just a few anons on /tg/ noting that Holla Forums has been especially negative and full of newfag behavior. You know the kind: People who try too hard to fit by exaggerating expected behaviors, like screaming that everything is shit, all threads are shill threads, and anyone who disagrees is a plebbitard.

Jokes on you, they've already set up a board, an irc, a cytube and 2 discords. Please don't send them to the board, it's much better without them.

Damn, that reminds me, we haven't had a 40K thread in a while.

Just report the ones who avatarfag and the team will take care of it. In terms of policy there's nothing that can really been done that hasn't already been done.

that and the waifu threads
that'll hit them hard

You could start by making the 4AM threads yourself so we can ban that ritsu shit.

Theres a lot you can learn from crow mod from /tg/

I think what hes geting at is that for a long time, communication between mods and anons has been strained. You need to be open, and have more discussion with problems on this board.

Can you just include tripfagging without a reason in rule 8? I don't want to ban tripfagging in general, because I could see it being used properly in certain areas.

Not quite what I meant. Holla Forums is a lot faster, a lot more populated, and a lot more chaotic than /tg/. It's near impossible for Mark or any of the BVs to have the same kind of contact and rapport that a smaller board can have.

Be more specific
The latest of these that I've seen have been the 2007 fags pretending that that year was great vidya wise.

Oh god those "X was always shit" for EVERY FUCKING SERIES EVERY THREAD. You're right, those are fucking annoying.

Oops, sorry about that, don't want to say something you diddnt mean, just want to help.

Kill yourself, you are the worst Holla Forums mod I've ever seen.

Neat

>I could see it being used properly in certain areas.
Which ones? We already have IDs.

Nice digits.

wew

A lot of good opinions in here, its good when theres a discusssion going on so we can talk about shit that bothers people to find a solution of sorts.

oh right, I've noticed some try hards myself. Humility works better than anything we can do in this instance.

Yeah but another issue is that like in the Meta Monday threads, we get people who just want me to ban what they don't like and it becomes unproductive and a waste of time.

Not a bad idea, let me sleep on it though.

But we already got IDs though, using a tripcode feels pointless.

For instances like yandev I suppose
Yes I know yandev is a massive faggot but im just using it as an example of good usage of trip

I wanna pet that lizard.

WoW has always been shit though

Situations like where a dev shows up, the art threads, and the /agdg/ threads, but IDs do make them mostly useless outside the very first one. I just don't want to lose the email field in case some faggot actually needs it.

Don't get shoveled into the oven while you do that.

Yeah like someone organizing and event that goes past one thread and such.

😂👌

IDs don't do diddily squat
I can change it right now and you would never notice it.

Mark? This is your mother.

We love you dearly and just want to see you again. Come home ASAP.

I honestly think you should strive above, at this point, doing anything to talk to the community is a step ahead from how its been for the last couple of months, like shit, it got pretty bad with 4 am threads two months ago and it felt like we where in the dark for most of it.
Really, what to take home from this is to just talk to us more, mods included. If theres a big decision that will happen, talk with us. You'll get the obvious shit responses but its good for the long term.

Also, ban emojis plox

This

Have you considered linking and using /metav/? I mean, it's a whole board for this kind of shit, and it won't be as populated with angry reactionaries since there won't be a sticky to draw their ADHD.

There needs to be a platform for that, such as these meta threads, we can't just start discussing moderation in the middle of a vidya thread.

I take it free smileys won't be going away any time soon?

Nice try, but we know jew parents love getting rid of their kids so they have more money

Your right, tried to bite off for more then i can chew.

Wouldn't it be cool if the vols joined in the meta thread as well?

I was wondering if mark could have those monthly vidya threads where anons could play a specific game with various other anons if you have the time.
can we also invite other boards too?
including volafile?

Well that's basically what I'm doing now, and I'll talk with you guys when we decide to do a big change in the future.

we tried it in 2014, results were unsatisfactory. Which is why we did the Meta Monday and now this.

EMOJIS ARE THE PRIDE OF GRORIOUS NIPPON

EMOJI WRILL COME TO NINTENDO SWITCH

PRAISE EMOJI

I'd love to, however we need people to host servers and such. Like the main obstacle preventing us from doing more Holla Forums plays is that too many games are P2P.

When will you exile Gamergate to their dedicated board so they stop acting as a lantern for the moths of Holla Forums, Holla Forums and reddit, who then go on to leach into the rest of the board? This isn't halfchan, and the reasons for leaving halfchan don't apply here. Board creation is openly available, the admins don't care as long as the board content is lawful, and GG already have a dedicated board to use. The thread here is basically a perpetual 4 AM-tier thread with all the same posters, posting ebin screencaps from the same twitter accounts, and the same memes reposted endlessly. Absolutely nothing of value that hasn't already been posted on the dedicated board. I dare you to find three consecutive posts in any given Holla Forums GG thread that are on-topic, noteworthy, and thoughtful.

what about barony?

but how do you know they aren't here

BATTLEFIELD REVIVE

I know thats what your doing now, thats why i'm bringing it up again to put more impact on it. Sort of a way for posivitive encourgement

when the rule exception goes away :^)

Extend this to namefagging

I have a solution that might prevent large amounts of future shitposting

simply wordfilter "Holla Forums" into "Holla Forums" and vice versa, and all possible corruptions thereof
the ensuing confusion is bound to create more humorous situation than hostile shitposting

Dear Mark,
Who is your favourite doujin artist and why?
Love,
user
P.s. mine is muronaga chaashuu because he draws them nice and thick

I guess they'd need a tripcode.

No. Filtering is pure cancer.

never ever

Make a few servers and an OP and I'll make it an official event.

寺田落子 probably

That sounds like it might work. I think it would work better if the terms AntiFa and Holla Forumsyp were also word filtered seeing as that's the terms that are being used ad nauseam.

I expected that response, now do you have any actual reasoning to back it up, or is it just a feather in your cap? Because it isn't contributing anything to the board.

Word filtering doesn't work because people will just use different terms.

It's vidya related.

Sure, just like threads that start with
>games where i can ____
are vidya related. But you ban those.

Here's the link to the game if you want
store.steampowered.com/app/371970/
maybe you can find a cheaper price on g2a

Would be nice if more boards could have that kind of amicable attitude betweens users and mods. A little transparency and contact is nice. A monthly meta-thread isn't a bad idea, but something needs to be done to foster a better board culture, rather than just making sure people like the BO… Because if the board runs smoothly and the BO only has to take care of the excessive acts of faggotry, then the users will like them anyways.

Will there be harmony in current year +2?

It'll work for a little while though, then when people find out they'll have to use some ridiculous term that makes a fool out of themselves.
Good for a few laughs at least.

doesn't really look that good, but if you want I can host it.

it is.

Well we have the Nintendo Switch event on the 12th that will supposedly last an hour, would you want to watch a movie or something before hand? I was thinking of doing the Ghostbusters reboot myself.

Anybody want to help murder the mods and vols of Holla Forums? They're now openly assisting antifa.

go cry about it on >>>/4chan/

I wasn't implying it wasn't.

Up to >>>/sudo/

Personally: I'd love to have it, however I worry about it killing the board since Harmony usually turns off quite a bit of people. Ultimately the decision is up to CM.

What does that have to do with Holla Forums?

Nice post. I really like it.

It's something.

Go cry somewhere else.

Not Vidya

Mark line of thinking is a something like this: His induced coma from eating a second fucking cake trumps > schitzofuckerino > tradition/containment > memes > relatedtovideogames > actual good stuff
MARK BEING RETARDED FOREVER IN CONJUNCTION WITH LACK OF VIDEOGAMES
Mark's retarded thinking isn't him but rather his subconcicous being fucking retarded, as soon as he wakes up from that coma he's a slight better. now with his schitzo fucking paranoia kicking in, hopefully when it doesn't mess around with his peanut brain otherwise he'll mutter boogiemans and THE OTHER COMMUNITY IS RAIDING US, FUCKING [generic nametag]FAGS RAIDING US ON A PUBLIC IMAGEBOARD^. Follow up with the whole tradition crap, if it's part of the hot cult that is 8ch then it must be perserved because it's culture! You can argue it's for containment, BUT THATS NOT HOW IT FUCKIGN WORKS FUCK OFF OYU RETARD, THATS LIKE SAYING ITS OKAY TO GO IN A POOL WITH SHIT IN IT BECAUSE EBIN IM NOT TOUCHING THE SHIT XDDD, YOU'RE IN A POOL OF WATER WITH SHIT IN IT. You know mark, he likes his memes but not the good kind of memes, hes the kind of guy who would listen to overclocked remixes or garbage cover bands like The Protomen instead of high quality rips, what a fucking FAGGOT, spekaing of faggotry he tries to force his shit meme like "call me a kikeirno xdd" and "i ate a cake: ELECTRIC BAGOALOO". But don't stop there with forced memes mark, the whoel i like shitty anime unironicly and i fucking trip my promises like dont buy dark souls 3 but i brought on launch anyways and meme it off like nothing happened and the new recent "i tricked myself into buying overwatch so i can outjew the jew behind the counter but I ACTUALLY BROUGHT IT", yeah real fucking funny. ok then you get actual videogames if it's related to videogames, it's here to say. here's what gets fucking stupid even if it's resmiscent of being related to videogames, no quality control goes through, which is fine if AND ONLY FUCKING IF it's ACTUAL VIDEOGAMES. You don't hear shit about "dude Pankapu was released, it's a cool platformer and shit, blah blah", "chicken cyborg is a fucking terrbile game literally a 2d flash bla hblah blah" or "shadow tactics is a meme stealth game with shit characterse like mugen and mugi xd" or "a magical high school girl is a fucking straight up mystery dungeon clone", NONE ONEON OE IF OTHIS SHIT EVER SAID IN A MILLION YEARS. why in the actual fuck did mike inek's adventure GAY demo is more discussed than sonic world, sonic after the sequel and other sonic shit OTHER BETTER FUCKING FNAGAMES (SURE THEY ARE MADE IN MEDIAFUSION 2 OR SOME ABOMNATION ENGINE THATS HACKED UP FROM DECADES AGO, BUT THEY'RE FUCKIGN BE BEBTBETBEBRBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) fucking retarded. but going off point, it's fair to say that regardless if it's videogames, there's need to be MORE VIDEOGAMES that ARE NOT FUCKING VNS OR UNREEMABLETRASH++++++++
^yes, its off google but you get the wikipedia page of 8ch and it has a direct link to 8ch.net you fucking dip
in summary, you have a fucking retard jewish moderator when his mind is clear, containment comes first serve to the fucking golden platter then memes come after then if it's related to videogames, regardless of quality (both the game and discussion to be have), it'll shine through like hitler did nothing wrong. but let's hard cut into 4am threads and the likes

1/2

it's true ;_;

yeah, the cancerous kind

He's back

4 AM THREADS AND BOOTLEG COPIES
if you know a thing or two, you know that 4am threads are all fun and games for the first second if you got T R I C K E D into liking 4am threads, but as soon as you realise you're surrounded by fucking undeveloped idiots and i'm not saying that to over-exaggerate these fucking mongoloids. it's a known fact that being a fat fuck leads to less sleep, since these people stay awake to 4am and most of 8ch is AMERICAN men, it's clear to say that all the people who engage in 4am threads are either fat or normal people. but non americans and especially people in the uk do not tripfag because what are you fucking RETARDED? outlining the fact that 4am is fucking cancer, so do the other shitty clones like the rabbit rabbit rabbit gay threads, the more GAY-ER threads of waifu wednesday, whats the fucking point of waifu wednesday if theres no meta monday,
like what the fuck is this garbageo?
R.O.B. RERUN THREADS #1488
you know what they say "turn off that electric jew", or something more straight REGRUATETED GARBAGE IS FUCKING AWFUL
they suck big dick and you know it mark, fuck off with this stupid retard retarded defense on literally puppets but with still frames and no animation because this is fucking stupid
BRING BACK MOSAIC THREADS
no joke i love mosaic threads they're better than drawthreads because drawthreads ARE GAY, and uh GAY, remember the hotline miami one remember the shitty dn3nd3nn3d and osme other gay shit, fucking dead/100000000
WHAT HAPPENED TO FUCKING WE SHALL WAKE / ROBOT FARMS / NOKORIWARE WHICH YOU ADVERTISED ON YOUR TWO YEAR AGO STREAM ? ? ? ? ?
D-E--A---D----F-----O------R-------E--------V---------E----------R

In conclusion, mark you're fucking retarded pass the torch to someone more comptent like hotwheels beatthat, more VIDEOGAMES, 4am is cancer forever and forever cancer, cut out rob until he makes new content but still get rid of rob threads in general because it's aids extreme and finally bring back mosaic threads.

2/2

maybe I can host it if you want.

That's more of a /sudo/ or /polmeta/ topic than a Holla Forums meta thread topic.
Seriously though, do the fuckers moderating Holla Forums ever read /polmeta/? Holla Forums's becoming a total joke these days

It's like you never left.

Tell Codemonkey we need a Fappe Tyme option like 4chan X had, where you can press a button to only see posts with images, and press it again to see all.

I propose that mods make a vidya news thread at the start of every week. Sticky that shit and renew when it hits capacity. That way, when some big announcement or something happens, faggots won't have any excuse for making 50 fucking threads about the happenings/they can be deleted on sight.

OH GOD YES

I swear this is the guy behind spamming every thread he doesn't like.

OH YEAH BABY

you're getting stale slick.

He's always been around. He's the one who leaks the games I play.

By the by, please point out which rule requires posts to be vidya or vidya-related.

>>>/sudo/
That would also be nice for webm threads, since it's too much work to filter out all the posts with no webms.
Make it happen codemonkey.

No, I'm just saying that it's got nothing to do with the thread.

No, thats me

OH SHI-

At this point mark, anything u do with us better then nothing. Test out the waters, try different ideas.

Your posts are far more reasonable than they should be. Try to work on the incoherent rage.

They don't read Holla Forums meta, and imkamfy blatantly disregards rules that should get him kicked off the vol team but doesn't get replaced because that would mean they have quality control.

And I'm saying you're so incompetent you didn't even make the board topic a rule.

I posted it there once but it either 404'd or got deleted. The only reply I saw was completely missing the point because I also brought up the Work Tyme option, which is just the opposite.

It's rule 0, before even the other rules.

Forgot to mention that 8chanX exists and has that feature despite not being updated in fucking ages.

LOL threads MIGHT be about vidya webcomics and thus can be redeemed; 4AM threads are pure socialization and thus cannot. At least GamerGate talks VAGUELY about video game politics in-between shitposting.

All me ;)

That explains a lot about the current state of Holla Forums.

There's your rule.

smh tbh fam imho

4AM wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't a daily thread. But they have their own board now, they should rightly fuck off of Holla Forums.

And LOL threads have Holla Forums. Both should go.

Rule 0 doesn't exist, anymore than rule 15 is that Holla Forums has a bump limit of 300 posts and 8ch has an onion service.

The board isn't owned by the people in the thread. I've asked.

That's a good thing, since the threads here are made by and populated by avatarfagging attention whores.

I think you're missing the point here. It's not actually their board. It just has the same name.

You have to understand that the only argument people who want identities and the 4am threads to still exist refuse to accept that it's nothing more than a blogposting thread that got turned into a circlejerk. It's been a circlejerk since maybe July of 2015, even if a lot of the faggots who circlejerked left when they got slapped with a ban the first time.

The worst of the attentionwhores wouldn't go to the board because one of their boogeymen lurks it. They'll just circlejerk in their irc and discord instead.

Can you just make a big banner that says ==DONT REPLY TO THE BAIT==
HIDE THREADS YOU DONT LIKE
something along those lines.
Just make it flash or attach anime tiddies to it or something. I think we needed to be reminded of it sometimes. Myself included.

Mark, is there a reason we still have bump limit at 300? It's always the one thing that drove me nuts about this board, discussion seems to die off too fast because there's not enough bumping.

500 would be nice if you ask me.

But that's how it works.

it can be argued that 500 is too much.

What about 407?

Why not just do 350-400?

My only recent complaints were your flip-flopping around the decisions you made and then going back on them with general sloppy communication or telling us one thing and then doing another in the end.
You gotta know when to put your foot down and own up to your decisions, man.

Other than that I think moderation has improved somewhat.

4am was fine until avatarfags started circlejerking in there about shitting in the shower and everything that happened after that. Those dumb niggers taking on trips instead of knowing when to shut the fuck up was the nail in the coffin. It's a sad sight.
LOL threads are just designated shitposting threads, besides the inevitable porn dump I don't see any worth in them.

300 seems to work fine, we can try 350. It's something to think about.

IS THERE A WAY YOU CAN GIVE THE OP THE ABILITY TO DESIGNATE HIS OWN BUMP LIMIT AT THE TIME OF POST CREATION?????? THEN PEOPLE COULD MAKE A 700 POST BUMP LIMIT, BUT YOU'D STILL HAVE THE ABILITY TO SHIT THE THREAD DOWN IF THE GOYIM KNOW. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS COMING OUT OF MY FINGER YOU MOTHERFUCKER????

This is the only consistent quality Mark possesses.

REMOVE 4AM THREADS

WHY CANT I HIDE THREADS

I can do it on mobile but on desktop it wont let me hide threads on this stupid board. This is the only board on the whole site I cannot hide threads on. The fuck did you do

god damn it Mark

You're right, I've been flip flapping too much. That's why I'm gonna put my foot down when it comes to the bumplock of 4AM.

ask CM

>>>/sudo/

Sounds like a good idea tbh

Clear your cache?

Use filters.

He has to haggle, a firm number that doesn't change causes serious problems.

There is no bump limit on Holla Forums and that works just fine

How much does Mark weigh?

You drive a hard bargain Mr. Merchant, but I say meet me in the middle at 400. Deal?

At that point we might as well just remove the bump limit entirely.
Are you thinking before mashing your fingers into your keyboard?

What about enabling the anchor thing for bump locked threads? That small little graphic can communicate a lot of information at once.

like I said, I'll sleep on it.

the team all agreed that it may enable shitposting and spamming, so not right now.

Threads go into autosage, but they don't have a post limit as far as I know.

THIS
H
I
S

in cakes? About tree fiddy

This is a good idea too, just a small quick quality of life improvement

Obviously, there would be a soft cap, a designated number set by the mods/BO/whatever, that could be subject to negotiation. Could be a useful feature.

That would be nice.

what a shame

Stupid kike, I hope you get a heart attack from all the deleted posts you've been eating.

The post limit is 751 like here, what is the autosage you are talking about? Threads that are X days old get bumplocked automatically?

That's as much as thirty-five tens.

You mean like we already have?

What are your new year resolutions by the way?

I'll bet they're just just scared because if they fuck up and bumplock good threads their mistake will be visible immediately.

Autosage is when the threads hits "bump limit" and no posts throw the thread back to the top of the index.

/a/ doesn't get much traffic because they've been anti-GG anti-Holla Forums literal faggots since day 1. Who would have thought that the gamergate-the-website, now Holla Forums-the-website, would not take kindly to this.

okay here's my feedback:

1. kill yourself marcuck

that is all.

He is going to eat 8 cakes in a row

It's still too much work for what is basically a raised bump limit.

Holla Forums also had someone bumplock a thread about U.S. infrastructure policy. I have serious doubts that they're a good example for other boards.

I was talking about how Holla Forums doesnt have a bump limit

I still think it's a horrifically shit board because of how much they worship the moderation team. Even /jp/ complains about the moderation more than them.

I'm pretty sure they do.

Actually it was because it's more efficient in containing the shitposting in that bumplocked thread. If you fags knew it was bumplocked you'd just make another one right away.

Well yea Holla Forums has a shit mod called imkampfy and noone likes him, we shit on mark here but imkampfy is a lot worse.

Anyone who doesn't like HARMONY is a faggot that we don't want.

You're quite honestly the only person on this board that holds that opinion. Take the criticism on the chin like a fucking man and quit being a faggot.

It's easy to tell when a thread is bumplocked, and duplicate threads are deleted per rule 6. The anchor graphic wouldn't matter much either way.

HARMONY is great and anyone who doesn't like it shouldn't exist. Fuck HW for forcing a youtube video having to be embeded in every page rather than the song just being played in the background. I miss :stopmusic:

No, not like what we already have. Similar to what we already have. Right now, the bump limit is set to 300, and users cannot negotiate that. You can beg and plea for the limit to be increased, but unless the staff want to give in to your desires, you may as well be wiping your ass with 100 dollar bills.

What I'm talking about is a little dialogue box in the posting options and limits that would allow you to choose from a number of preset bump limits. Say, on the lower end of the spectrum, you could have 100 posts, then 200, then 300, etc. These numbers are just examples, but the point would be that you could choose a limit for your thread. Why would you want to do this? Well, I don't fucking know. Most people would probably just choose the highest set bump limit, but are you really gonna sit there and tell me that you wouldn't want to have the option to make a short-lived thread?

It could be useful, say, for shit threads that most people hate. You could make a rule saying that, "if you're gonna have a shitty 4am circlejerk, then you have to set the bump limit to X number or it'll get deleted, and once your thread hits bump limit, you can't make another one for X amount of time". In this way, shit threads will die faster and people will tone down their shitposting.

It's just an idea, but whatever.

It was pretty funny seeing all the faggots post that in vain, not knowing they were getting trolled.

It's a bad idea, my man.

but why is it a bad idea?

This is somewhat off-topic, but what is the benefit of having those threads on an anime discussion board? Seems just as logical to remove those threads as removing non-video game politics on here.
Don't get too cocky, faggot. Holla Forums getting more users because of the election and turning into reddit isn't something to brag about.

TRS gtfo, this is a vidya board.

It is. If Holla Forums falls to marxists, Holla Forums will as well.

I can and have hosted servers for a variety of games in the past. I'd love to do it consistently but there needs to be enough organization to actually get a proper server population going.

Also, any game that doesn't have a free dedicated server program isn't worth playing.

You idea is to choose to make your bump limit smaller, but not bigger, right? That would probably work fine, though I imagine it would be rarely used.

I'm all for stupid shit ONCE. It's when you keep driving it into the ground, like 4am and rabbit threads, that it gets fucking old. Maybe, the next time you wanan shove HARMONY into the baord, or really any massive temporary layout change, have a clearly-labeled off switch in the interface.

And that being said, i still enjoy the occasional WEEEEEEEL

I just wanna say thank you Mark and all the jannies for your efforts and autism to keep this place running. That's all

Mark, Can you ban ritsu? please.

Only the fags who don't know how to :stopmusic: and can't into changing themes.

ALWAYS

What if someone makes a general thread and puts the bump limit at 5 in order to prevent the thread being made for a little while? What if someone makes a thread holding a shitload of news and puts the bump limit to 5 in order to prevent people from talking about it?

This isn't Holla Forums, nobody gives a shit. Take it to /new/ you faggot.

TRS is paying the price for shilling the board and being namefag forumkikes. They will learn their lesson. Not vidya.

or remove the name field.

As you pointed out, there's no reason to set the bump limit on your own thread any lower than the maximum, so you're basically just asking for a higher bump limit, which would be a decent idea.
Not to mention that having a rule that sets the bump limit lower for shit you don't like is just one step off banning it outright.

You just reminded me I need to update that with the new file size limit. Give me a minute.

Dear Mark,
Thanks for being reasonable for once in your life and bumplocking 4AM threads like I'd been advocating for ages before you started doing it. Not only was it retarded having it on the front page after ~6AM EST, but it was also retarded having to tell subhumans to fuck off at 4PM EST when dumb niggers were still posting in the thread for God knows what reason.
That having been said, do your fucking job. I've never seen you and your hotpocket-consuming goons moderate as much as I have in 4AM, which is a thread posted outside of regular hours, meanwhile EST primetime is chock-full of template threads and general diarrhea, all of which goes untouched for some God-forsaken. Despite all of the niggers who aren't up at 4AM egging you on to do so, have you considered giving the hand-rubbing a rest, dropping the dumb spat with Ritsu, and doing your fucking job for a change? Despite the constant bitching, there are bigger problems with the board that you should be focusing on, and tackling those are contingent on you not being a fucking kike for once in your life.
Anyways thanks again, and don't get diabeetus from all those cakes you fat fuck.
Regards,
user

This. It's really hard to get into Anime as a hobby because of it, because it's nigh impossible to have a discussion there, since posting anything is like traversing a veritable minefield. I don't think Mark's perfect, but despite all of his decisions I disagree with, I still appreciate his relatively laissez-faire moderation style because I don't want this board turning into what /a/'s become. Not that I don't sympathize, 4/a/ was a shithole, but there were better ways to transition away from that, and the way 8/a/ is handled was an atrocious way to do it.

Today's (or tomorrow's) 4AM shall be cleansed.

You've got nobody to blame but yourself for letting namefags get to you.

>>>/oven/

I have a feeling that /a/ is cursed no matter where it's at.

Not an option.

if you got any games you wanna host then send me a message or an email or whatever.

y-you too

though seriously this isn't vidya please go back to the Holla Forums generals to complain about this shit.

But they wouldn't do that because the mods would be the ones who designate the preset bump limits. Unless the staff go out of their way to set the lowest bump limit option to 5, your hypothetical wouldn't happen.
I dunno, I think it could be a useful tool to curtail discussions that are getting out of hand, and is instead a more diplomatic way of allowing people to have their shit discussions while also making sure said shit doesn't take up too much space.

the moderation in /a/ is simply one different in style more suitable to the general /a/ elitist mentality
posting 3DPD and random shitposts actually gets you banned, and the quality as a whole is enforced tighter than in Holla Forums
but again, that only works because the majority of /a/ does not take kindly to spoonfeeding and WANTS quality properly enforced through moderation
if you were to do the same thing on Holla Forums you'd get constant pushback and resistance from the resident funposters and the new consolewarfags crying hotpocket (everybody was fine with doing away with console wars, even priding themselves to be better than halfchan because of it, yet politics are too much?)
personally I don't have any issues with /a/ moderation because I go there to discuss things, though mod worship is understandable if there are barely any shitposters on your board

true enough.

Trust me, it works.

fuck you mark >>>/vcollins/

What a fucking waste of jackpot trips

Guys I gotta go, I gotta take care of something for 30 minutes. Feel free to continue the thread.

Just a heads up.

took you long enough

ignoring the problem doesn't make it go away.

Why not just put a lock on the thread and let people argue without it clogging up the front 3 pages instead of changing bump limits?

I'll lurk the board, but I still want the option to shitpost more freely than /a/'s accepted shitposting would be.

Forced anonymity doesnt make the problem go away, it just makes it looks like its different anons sperging out about shit while it turns out to be one in the end. Ignoring shit wont make it go away and namefags are cancer that should be banned

Who ready for calexit?

It's possible. I'm just mad that they had to split of /rec/ into its own board, rather than doing something like Holla Forums does with a cyclical sticky that occasionally gets remade. Not that I'm advocating Holla Forums, that board's shit too, but for different reasons. What's worse, you can't ask any question at all without getting banned. On Holla Forums, you can say "I just played X and it's good, what else is there like it?", and people with discuss X, someone will post W, Y, and Z, and people will talk about all four. And, it's board related. On /a/, you can say "I just watched X and it's good", and the thread will maybe get thirty posts before petering off.
It's a different board culture and they've gone through a lot, but I can't really grok what they've become because their choices on purging the evidently unclean went way, way beyond reasonable measure.

I hope they enjoy not getting water and electricity from neighboring states. Not vidya.

Can you maybe explain those weird shitposting threads on /a/ that are allowed for some reason while so many other things aren't?

/a/ BO is a actual tranny faggot.
If you're still posting anime on /a/ and not Holla Forums your retarded.

Because it's a r/a/dio IRC circlejerk started by trannies and tranny sympathizers.
8/a/ is r/a/dio - the board.

The Holla Forums mods are pretty permissive, recognize that the userbase leans closer to Holla Forums than Holla Forums, and generally let people be as long as they aren't deliberately trying to start shit (which 99% of the time is Holla Forums and Holla Forums retards).
/a/ meanwhile has, since day 1, overzealously banned anything real world related that contradicts their butthurt worldviews. The UN trying to go after lolicon, connections between animators and SJWs, Japanese social commentary, it all gets deleted and the posters get banned. Meanwhile threads full of faggots crying about their lack of bf stayed up for weeks. You aren't allowed to criticize the mods, and there isn't even a public board log so you can't see what shit they're pulling. Unsurprisingly nobody but r/a/dio IRC sycophants bother to post on it.
You're a joke Holla Forums

The fuck are you on about? You either watch lots of anime and have a certain degree of knowledge or you don't and therefore do not have a right to post anything and you're locked away to lurk only. I think that's fine enough.

Really? That explains so much, I thought one of the hotpockets was a mudslime too because saying shit about islam gets you banned while other religions are fine.

Putting a lock on a thread is a short term and immediate solution which can work fine in specific instances, but some discussions are prolonged and ongoing for unforseeable future. In these cases, it'd make more sense to tell people, "you're shitting up the place and we don't like it, but you can stay providing that you make an effort to reduce the amount of space that you take"

Obviously, rules shouldn't be made indiscriminately. Maybe a rule that would change the pending bump limit of any given topic should be voted upon by the board populace. I don't fucking know. I don't have all the answers.

dude anime is thriving it has been doing so for quite some time whilst comicbooks are lagging behind and yet >>>Holla Forums still manages to maintain a more active population than >>>/a/ ; let that sink in because this is an unprecedented level of failure

Also

can I post this?

If thread has 10/20 replies and OP is still a (1)er, change the theme to reflect that. I don't know what you'd do for non-stock themes but turn the light blue in default to a light red or orange. Maybe add a shitpost warning background. That way it's incredibly obvious it's a shit thread with a shit OP, and we can bail.
Only problems are that then you'd have people posting a single reply and fucking off, and some people use VPNs so you'd have legit OPs being fucked over. It would filter out a good chunk of shit threads for a while at least.

I remember the /a/ BO being a tranny back in 2014, who then stepped down when people found out. I've never seen any proof that Tenicu is a tranny.

I'd support Calexit.

I think the problem for /a/ is that they assume you've already watched huge swaths of the media and know intricate details about every show that has aired and is currently airing. Boards need a smug aura, but going full /a/ smug only leads to a board being shitty for someone who's trying to become an average user of the board.

That's what I'm saying.

Who the fuck said that? I certainly didn't, and you're an idiot if you think that's what I meant.

Holy shit you're retarded. We have IDs for exactly this reason, hell you can even color them to help you keep track. Again, use the fucking tools you're given you fucking shit heap.

Different hobby, different mindset, eh?

Guess that's fair. Whatever though, I haven't posted on /a/ in ages.
You're one and the same.
Splitting Holla Forums and Holla Forums was a mistake.

IDs dont hop threads faggot, great job of ignoring the point too im sure you will make some great arguments next

fair point, although, If we did it your way it'd still be easy to recongnize ritsu, sense he's the one who makes the fucking threads.

of course

That would mean a whole thread would be banned right now, because anons were talking about how they didn't want to read a manga if it made muslims look good.

git gud, no seriously
each board has its own quirks in terms of what's acceptable, like how making "template" threads only nets you sage and dubsposts, whereas rec threads on /a/ nets you little on halfchan (back in the day) and a ban here
I'll let you in a hint, don't even fucking ask to begin with. I've discovered many manga I ended up liking just by lurking the manga thread, and other anime are often mentioned that are similar to an anime that is the subject of the thread

the keyword here is lurking, that may be a lost concept to many, but it's just how it is

if you're talking about doujin crop threads, I don't believe serious anime discussion is what the mods had in mind for /a/, but that memeposting in the style of old /a/ is still fine and dandy, much like CDi threads here

hot

lurk the irc for a bit.

Thats good

I like this idea, mods please do this.

Yeah I mean those. They're terrible honestly, and I've seen less bad threads get deleted there. It just seems weird to me.

What happens there, got anything to share?

You act like I haven't been. The problem is that I lurked on Holla Forums for three or four years before I turned 18 and started posting regularly. I only just got into watching anime regularly. Getting as acquainted with /a/ as I am with Holla Forums before posting, at this point in time, would take the greater part of a decade.

Yeah, you hit the nail on the head.

A shit ton of hugboxing and pc crap.

I wonder why.
I got tired of 4chan way before gamergate because the fucking mods kept banning people based on their personal views for shit that the userbase had no problem with. Shit like banning loli posters when the overwhelming majority of /a/ didn't give a fuck about seeing a flat chest, or /jp/ being moderated by people that held the userbase in contempt. You practically needed a proxy or dynamic IP just to post.
8/a/ would have been a huge success if they had simply copied 8/v/'s example and been "the free speech /a/." Instead they were even bigger faggots about overmoderating, and they started a secret club IRC circlejerk on top of it. It's literally worse than the 4/a/ I was trying to get away from. What a fucking waste of potential.
Let me hazard a guess, you're one of the depressed (probably asian) dudes in the gamergate threads that hates SJWs for fucking with your vidya and porn, but gets triggered by white nationalists and any kind of traditionalism for daring to suggest that being a nihilistic hedonist is degenerate and that there is value in resisting the zeitgeist and trying to become a better person instead of planning to kill yourself in your 30s.
No one "split" Holla Forums, Holla Forums made the decision to leave because they couldn't handle being the minority. The total lockdown on dissent in Holla Forums came afterward.

Turn on forced anonymous, Mark. Tripfags offer nothing of value.

This, please

Does Holla Forums even have a tripfag problem? The only namefag I know is Val and I've had him filtered forever. Filtered posts aren't even minimized anymore so he might as well not be there.

Make everyone Derek again

Question, how else are the mods and BO supposed to be in contact with eachother?

All of them wrong too. Amazing.

Not really.

There's email or connecting to each other through various social media platforms including Steam and the like, or the built in messaging system on the site.

There's a handful of tripfags in the 4am that literally nobody outside of them and their white knights like.

It's good to prevent such problems. I want to make 4am faggots suffer and maybe then 4am would become habitable by regular, non-cocksmoking anons.

Trips will it.

Private IRC or IM for mods is fine and normal. This is about a circlejerk between the mods and sycophantic users who try to curry their favor, particularly ones that were previously friends with each other from cancerous communities like r/a/dio and anitwitter.
1. Ever see posters mention /a/ mods by name when they're defending /a/ on other boards? How would they know their names if /a/ has no public board log? Either the mods themselves are sock puppeting (which I am sure happens), or they are part of the circlejerk defending their buddies
2. Watch closely the next time you see a "controversial" thread on /a/. It will get mostly positive replies for the first hour or so, then out of nowhere multiple negative sageposts telling the OP to go back to Holla Forums or Holla Forums will be made, a single sagepost will explain why the thread isn't allowed, then it will be silently deleted (and the poster most likely banned) a minute or two later. Like clockwork.
Those multiple guys telling OP to fuck off, when everyone was having a civil, productive conversation? They're the circlejerk/mod lackeys hanging around to provide the impression of user consensus that a thread is not wanted.

Ah, right. I haven't looked at 4AM threads in ages because of the circlejerk. You know they'd just find another way to circlejerk if trips were banned (like avatars before), better to surgically remove the cancer.
That said 4AM is kinda inherently cancer, a thread for NEET losers to jerk each other off about their NEET feels.

Remove tripcodes.

Reminder that in your user settings you can enable forced anonymous, and you can also add a filter that removes all tripcode posts (I think).

But that's just ignoring the problem, those things have no reason to exist here in the first place.

But the cancerous posts still remain

4am wasnt shit till bout the end of 2015, fucking ritsu and shower shitting faggots cirrcle jerking each other. at least prior to late 2015 there was actual discussion about not being worthless faggots and some improvement. then it just shifted to woe is me lets do nothing to stop being worthless wastes

It's better than nothing.

What works best is them banning them. They have their circlejerks offsite they could use, why do they have to be here?

Can't say I've seen anything of that sort (granted I don't lurk /a/ that actively) considering I don't pay much attention to anything but direct anime/manga threads, but I'll keep an eye out for it

Mods could remove the name field, then that would be a true fix to the situation.

As much as Name/Tripfags suck, I lean towards filtering rather than disabling entirely. Namefagging came in handy when coordinating game server hosing over multiple threads. As long as it doesn't become some permanent identity that is used outside its specific purpose of being an identifiable person for a specific task.

I wouldn't know about that, they are SOMETIMES valuable.

As laughstock.

Done. Slightly higher res, slightly better audio bitrate.

remove 4am threads. they are full of facebook posting.

It has been more than 30 minutes where is mark?

But I want to bully him.

I imagine he's passed out laying face first in a cake.

Sup mugi

Too bad.

Is this your first meta thread?

YOUR SMUG ANIME GIRLS WONT WORK ON ME FAGGOT

what about this one

What's Mark's and the mod staff's opinions on what goes on in the Overwatch threads, the Paladins threads, Overwatch vs Paladins threads, and the shitposting that goes on in them? Regardless of what anyone thinks, something could be done about the dedicated shitposters who post the exact same content every thread. That said however, most of the threads are people arguing about whether or not Overwatch and Paladins should be allowed on Holla Forums. If discussing or making threads specific to those games were disallowed on Holla Forums, we'd have less unofficial shitposting generals that takes room away from potentially better threads about anything else. At the same time though it probably wouldn't do anything good since it's just relegating a few games to a containment board.

some of us live at night dummy

Probably to grow a third tit.

God forbid anons know what you're doing right? No wonder meta threads come so rarely now, theres an obvious mods against the community atmosphere nowadays.