Halo: Custom Edition Gamenight

So in 20 minutes the server for the gamenight will be going live. Till then this OP and thread will server for the hype.

HOW TO JOIN
>>>/fs/18

A pocket client of HCE is there, both in torrent nad a mega version with maps so you won't be spending every waking minute downloading them after a game. Pirate and legitimate installs will be able to connect to the server all you need is the following

Connecting

Either in the server browser look for a server named

Holla Forums8 Halo CE server

or connect via direct IP

One last step, to actually join you need the password below

rage

password IS case sensitive.

Server info

Dedicated?: No
Server program: SAPP

NO TEXT IN GAME ISSUE
hce.halomaps.org/?nid=268

microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=19662

'msxml.exe' or 'msxmlenu.msi'
This can also be found in the HCE folder itself

HAC 2
198.98.120.174/commands.html

OTHER DOWNLOADS
A series of maps based off the NES game Battlecity, grabbed from outside Halomaps.

puu.sh/ryJgl/fb079c1767.rar

Manually installing maps
drag map files into the map fodler and it's done and ready.

the 11gig download is missing on /fs/
HAC 2 will handle downloading maps on join, you'll still need to download the battlecity maps

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/nkW6rXDs
donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html
hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3373
mega.nz/#!3tkhhSaY!QobqDvhFoH-nX_6Njv6f4wyOCSPlNDUaTlJ3ZAsQUsM
mega.nz/#!rx9zmBSB!NJmf-gYiz_YNeBJSuau0ncy5fmJGd-n9rCOli9qy7zk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

SERVER IS LIVE

cheers!

If the text entry field is blank (the bar at the bottom of the screen) you need the text fix

6/16 on Valhalla

Blues have map control

HALF FULL ON SANCTUARY KoTH

Where can I get the files to install custom edition over an already installed copy of combat evolved?

Custom Edition is a stand alone of Combat Evolved on the PC, check the OP post for the download

Alright, I'm downloading the map set, I should join the server within the next hour or two.

LUIGI'S RACEWAY NOW ON CTF

haah

Why the fuck is that shit so large? I remember that my copy was less than 100mb or something like that back then. Or was it 300mb? I don't really remember, but I do remember that it fitted perfectly well into my old ass usb stick back then.

that had to be the halo trial or something. there is no way the install is so small even with stock maps. it might be it has some maps already included in the download.

thepiratebay link is less than 100mb, I think the one I pirated back then was 50mb. You remove all the singleplayer maps and only keep the mp maps and you are fine to go.

If anyone is interested, this works in WINE.
duh

does it work in beer too?

I had it installed previously in Wine but I can't seem to update to 1.0.10. I'm running both the Halo PC and Halo CE patches in the correct wine virtual environment, but the Halo CE patch just tells me Halo isn't installed (it is) and I can't get multiplayer to work.

I'm trying a fresh install using the torrent, since that comes pre-patched.

Yeah, all I tried was downloading the torrent and joining a match. Worked well, but had a few error messages you need to close out of. I'm using 2.0rc3, btw.

I was doing great on the blue team then my game crashed and I was switched to red when I rejoined.

exceptions are a bitch

currently near capacity on Pen Island

You have extinction, coldsnap and hugeass? I like dem biggies

pastebin.com/nkW6rXDs

=ROTATION==

meh

Can one of you faggots upload the maps in the rotation? I'm not wasting my time downloading 11GB of maps that aren't getting used

It doesn't that long to download ingame if you don't have the map.

Every time I try to join it fails. just downloading it beforehand would way be easier

SERVER NEAR CAPACITY
we only have like 3 spots open

see if your firewall is blocking it, if you're on linux running it through WINE it might be the issue

SERVER CRASH

ded server

FUCK

SERVER CRASHED DUE TO LUA SCRIPT ERROR, RESTARTING NOW

BACK UP

SERVER UP STARTING on UT2K4 DECK

hard server restart because no one can see the server despite it running

rip in piss

Is the server up now? I can't get on.

rip

Server is bugging out, when I launch it it's showing it's running but it's not listing itself. might try to reboot the computer the server is running on and retry, if not a fresh install with the map rotation saved

Rest in piss, serb. I enjoyed every second out of the ten we spent together.

restarting, sorry what happened was the infection gamemode requires a LUA script to fire as the map launches and I added a bit to the script to have it fire when the server selected the map and GT

this caused the server to exception causing a crash

give me till 8:20 PM EST
if server isn't back up by then it's been fun

well, I'm waiting..

ITS WORKING AGAIN GET IN HERE

WE'RE ON TALON IV OVERWORLD

SERVER BACK UP SERVER IS RUNNING AGAIN

WE'RE ON YOYORAST ISLAND v2

Did the server crash?

yeah it crashed just now

Thank you CIA that was a fun flag run

the application running the server keeps shitting the bed which is very unusual

SERVER DOWN

the Koto (that weird japanese guitar) crashes servers which is why I didn't want to use it, but the meme was too strong

the Koto (that weird japanese guitar) crashes servers which is why I didn't want to use it, but the meme was too strong

BACK UP

I stopped playing Ace Attorney Online for this shit, dammit OP

Tell the faggots on blue team to not use it and I won't either

I was the one who brought it into the map being the only one who had knowledge of it

but the server is back up, the memes continue

My copy was around 70mb of size back then, it included all the default maps but no singleplayer content.

might be pre-packed with some maps then

yeah I think this is the one I had too. I had a backup on megaupload back then, but as you all know that place went down.

Is everyone using the piratebay bundle? I'm not downloading 3 gigs that uncompresses to 11 gigs.

doesn't matter which one you download you'll still be able to connect

I'm using the TPB one under Wine, but it doesn't seem to want to auto-download the maps. It just errors out when trying to join the server. I'm downloading the fucking huge map bundle now.

HAC 2 has a built in map downloader so you don't need to waste time downloading the pack

I'm in. Bretty cool.
PROTIPS
RUN msxmlenu.msi IN THE REDIST FOLDER TO GET CHAT TEXT TO APPEAR
PRESS F6 IN GAME TO ADJUST FOV

You tell me this when I'm done playing. Put it in the OP next time. Thanks for the game lads it was fun. I kicked ass in the jet map but got fucked in the star wars map.

SERVER DOES NOT LIKE THE INFECTION GT

RIP

SERVER CRASHED BECAUSE SAPP LOVES TO CRASH AFTER LOADING LUA SCRIPTS

Russians hacked Halo CE

I'm running windowed mode, how do I keep the mouse locked to the window? It keeps clicking on shit on the desktop

Good memories, I'll jump in and play a little. Is there still an active population of CE though?

BACK UP

Fuck this, I'm going over to

because I'm trying to run LUA scripts and the server doesn't like them much

HOW TO DISABLE MOUSE ACCELRATION (POSSIBLY)

donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html

every single time

You don't need to sticky random threads you like, Mark.

this is stickied?

weird

it was by accident I unbanned you because there is a TK limit that I thought I removed

area54 mad doesn't load for me.

we're switching off it

has one cancerous player in it and there aren't enough other people playing to justify putting up with him, so I'm back

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO CAME I'LL START PREP WORK ON THE BF II GAMENIGHT, IT'LL BE PIRATE FRIENDLY, SERVER WILL KEEP GOING TILL IT CRASHES

Post a link so I can play

Host Tribes next.

what kind of a gay map is that?

Halo 2's Warlock

also one last one, a before and after

Fuck this font color, but you get the idea

PENKEN YOU FAG, YOU'RE BLOCKING MY FACE

And after after

lmao I gotted banned for killing the guys that TK'd me
night lads

Nice trips

Hypertn I fixed it so you're unbanned

I'll have to clear the banlist later if it stays up

Nice trips

that was fuckin fun! see you nigs next time

So the server's dead?

still running but down to 1 person

Seriously, someone post a link to BF2

I'll post the link wednesday or tuesday, but it'll be like this. I'll do a test night to iron out server bugs before the actual server, during this since I'll make a thread for test night it'll give people a chance to download shit

What if there was like a mod that made Halo CE faster and allowed moon jumping?

technically doable through lua scripting. the problem is HCE has fall damage, and while it can be disabled there is a part of the system that still works.

when the player falls from a great height, for a few moment they can't move. Also faster move speed is doable but leads to issues . In any case glad people enjoyed everything. if an HCE gamenight ever happens again I'll make a GT for that star wars map solely for dogfighting since people liked doing that a lot

But the slow pace is what makes halo what it is. If you want it to be faster why not play Half Life 1?

Also there used to be a very insane modded server, probably down by now. I played on it back then in, maybe 2006 or 2007, was normal halo, not custom edition. Was basically instagib with sniper rifle only but you jumped very high by default and if you shot the ground while in air it would launch you back up, just like the gauss gun does in half life 1.

That shit was fun.

I MISSED GAMENIGHT

Any servers up?

How many people playing? I've been dying to play some Halo with some shitlords.

Server was last night, if people want I can upload my server config files so anyone with a dedi can run it

Maybe we could make Halo night a weekly thing? I don't know, maybe every Saturday night, just chill and play some Halo.

it would be nice, but I have other vidya I wanna play. I mean nothing is stopping other anons from doing it, I can even help instruct on how to use SAPP and how to get map voting working.

if I had money to spare I'd opt into a dedi for HCE since it's now cheap as hell to do and map voting makes it easy. addition of gametypes and maps to the rotation take a reload of SAPP which doesn't require a server restart.

Based user.

Can I run a ded on Linucks?

I remember back in the day there was attempts to run HCE dedi on WINE. I think they did get it, but I dunno about SAPP. you could give it a shot

pastebin.com/nkW6rXDs

The pastebin here is actually how you format maps and gametypes for SAPP, the format is ::

I don't know if the guy who hosted the server is still here or not, but…

1) do you still happen to have the config files, .LUA scripts etc. to host the server?

2) can you host a dedicated server on linux (ubuntu 16.04)?

1) yeah I've had these files for ages, I could upload everything, including the maps which would allow a lot of flexibility in additions and changes to the map rotation (I was a HCE junkie back at it's peak, up there with CS and UT)

2)Unknown, back in the day there were attempts are running servers on WINE, which yielded positive results. I recommend grabbing SAPP (latest is 9.8.1 IIRC) and making a test server.

I'll have everything uploaded by tuesday at the latest MAYBE wednesday.

Also my schedule has shifted so the Battlefront gamenight may not happen Saturday, but Friday instead.

In any case I'll either use this thread (if it's still alive) or make a new thread on Holla Forums with the title "HCE GAMENIGHT FILES" and dump what I can here and post a back-up on /fs/.

ok thanks fam

ok reading this more it seems to work on linux

SAPP is just a modified Haloceded.exe that loads with a special plugin that actually manages SAPP

I didn't have any LUA scripts so we can axe that unless you want to use infection. Though I tossed the one where I hacked together a hook that on map and GT load would get SAPP but that caused a few crashes so I axed it. There is a randomizer to map voting script that would be great to run on server launch but the post containing it has a broken link

hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3373

Also might want to include this, since HCE doesn't have a "chat box" by default and sometimes the chat quickly disappears. never tested it but could be interesting

i fucking missed halo game night again?!

NOOOO

well good news, I've already started packaging the files for who may make a dedi running the rotation and then some.

So fret not if we have another one it'll either be linux user or someone else or even myself.

Natively, or through WINE?

WINE only, since there was never a native linux build of HPC to begin with.

NOOOO

literally one of the bestest custom maps in video games history

right up there next to survivalism map warcraft 3 mod

Where do I go just for the maps? I already have custom edition and the mega link is down

Either use the built in map downloader to get the map the server is using or Halomaps

UPDATE
server files are being uploaded now, it's 4 gigs in size for everything COMPRESSED

also the settings for SAPP are included as a separate download

I bet you were one of those X-Wings I shot down with my TIE squadron

FILES ARE READY
Main folder with everything (SAPP ded executable, maps, HaloCE)
mega.nz/#!3tkhhSaY!QobqDvhFoH-nX_6Njv6f4wyOCSPlNDUaTlJ3ZAsQUsM

SERVER CONFIG FILES
mega.nz/#!rx9zmBSB!NJmf-gYiz_YNeBJSuau0ncy5fmJGd-n9rCOli9qy7zk

TOMORROW NIGHT WILL BE TESTING BATTLEFRONT II SERVER SETTINGS

NOOOO

no but seriously I cant get text to show up in game

see

well now that is posted, linux user's posts hint at a possible Holla Forums dedi MAYBE

tomorrow I'll set up for battlefront II, the problem with BF II is that you need gameranger since no alternative came up to gamespy's master server with BFII unlike HaloPC/CE

NOOOO

you've posted like 8 times mate.

Also doing some internal testing with the torrented gog.com installer of battlefront II because last time we did it people reported issues with installing some of the mods. of which there was only 3

Who rpg_beta_6.2 here?

Come on no one?
Even if sanctuary_final was superior in terms of spawns

Will I be able to use the steam version of Battlefront 2?

yep, actually the old pastebin I created in 2015 when I did it is still up, caveat is that we have to use gameranger to play because the master server is long dead.

they were ok,I just think RP in Halo wasn't that great because you only had the one biped and typically there were no RP maps with covenant weapons and vehicles

NOOOO