World of Starcraft

If Blizzard were to make "World of Starcraft", as a new mmo, would this chick become a punch bag, just like Lich King did?

Doubt it.
since she has become a god squid or something like that

I keep forgetting this happened.

The real question is:
Would she become the green jesus of the Starcraft world, or would they find some way to bring him in to Starcraft

Thank god almighty it will never happen.

I wish I could forget it.

All these digits, very nice. I just hope blizzard dies in a fire but they might pull some shit like that after they are done riding the hearthstone and overwatch train in 10 years.

This is a repeating digits thread now.

Isn't somethingstar bootleg world of starcraft anyway?

Haven't even played them since the first Starcraft 2.
Not even upset about the spoiler.

nah she would be the faction leader of the zerg, blizzard would be momumentaly fucking stupid to not have the zerg as a playable faction. then again they were stupid enough to make WoD so what the hell do I know.

The last of the Xel'Naga gave her his power and made hinto a god to fight whoever the bad guy was.
It had Metzens retardnes swritten all over it.

So basically…"Look how Kerrigan redeemed herself. Everyone is a good-guy now! The universe is saved!"

Wasn't her shitck was "got sick of father figures so much she became the Bitch Queen of Universe by fighting for it and fucking over every single person with a semblence of authority in known galaxy (including Protoss). Even poor, poor Raynor who was desperately in love with her when she was just a lab-made freak with a short-leash, then fuck him up even harder Brood Wars". Man… I fucking miss real "stronk female characters". Thank Gods I never played Starcraft 2.

If Blizzard made another MMO you would probably help Kerrigan to defeat generic badguy X in a kamehameha duel by collecting stuff with your build-in phone app

I want to stick my dick inside Sarah.

She would just be space Sylvanas

No, she turned into space jesus who fucks planets back to life at the end of 3 so she'd become the Naaru for World of Starcraft and all the little Paladin's good Psychics would pray to her for strength get given a parcel of her power because they're cucks good because she a pure gud gril who dindu nuffin wrong ever~!

Yep. Or a space Illidan. Their writing is so fucking retarded.

not possible unless it was set before the actions of third game, at which case you won't see jim or Jesus Kerrigan.
of course you know jim is pounding that space energy pussy.
also the fact there is no real threat anymore amon is gone and the universe is protected by Jesus Kerrigan.
two possibly story wise way before Starcraft started or Far in the future and a bunch of new faces/races/ and interspecies breeding.

Gee what a surprise

Its not like nids was something even remotely new.

i miss the days of cerebrates and the overmind

shit was simple in those days

Do you know how much money they still make on WoW? They'll never make WoS. Never ever. No, I take it back. I won't say NEVER, but if they do it any time soon, it'll just literally be WoW reskinned. They're not going to waste time and resources on something new while they're still raking in so much cash.

if anything they should make world of diablo, or better yet, a singleplayer diablo with the world of warcraft setting
seriously, these people really don't like money, it's a potential goldmine

Legion is basically world of diablo now.

yeah, but it still pretends to be an mmo, with diablo at least you know it's just you

Well d3 now is basically singleplayer game with servers. There is no trading now.

One thing I do noticed is that nobody is really that bright in SC universe, maybe except Tosh if he did not let his emotion gets the better of him some time. But then again, this is the sector that space hicks and rednecks, and alien with immense technology and still act and fight like a tribal/caveman/medieval pleb dwell and inhabit. Rather than someone actually outsmarting anyone, they just blunder so bloody hard that their enemies just need to capitalise on it to win. The writers are a bunch of dumbcunts.

she still ends up ruling the universe doesnt she?

It is both funny and sad how true it is.

Don't. It is good game and campaign besides story are very good mission pack.

Hold up for a minute wasn't there some guy a while back who was actually trying to make a world of starcraft mod?
I remember that instead of shutting him down blizzard decided to hire him.
what ever happened to that?

They did? I thought they just gutted the project and told him to fuck off

Remember when the name Starcraft was tied to something good, and how it only brings up thoughts of ass shit

Kerrigan was a flawed character who was tarnished by a flawed character in vengeance for her misdeeds. She lashed out to a degree she broke her dependent, flawed boyfriend's heart to shreds, and waged war as a new and true Queen atop the enemy of man. It was the first true emotion she actually experienced, and that was her animus- No one betrays the Queen, challenges the Queen, or disobeys the Queen. Her rule over the swarm made her the true Queen incarnate.
They're all flawed, horrible people. The Confederates weren't charitable or reasonable, but the Dominion is the pet project of an egomaniac, and in the end both sought to unite man. The Overmind was hellbent on the Swarm, but Kerrigan was hellbent on using it to further her own desires, and in either case the Swarm only grew. The Protoss weren't spared this dichotomy, either, with their own power structures being rampant individualist Dark Templar who act like tribal cultures of the Earth's past and made up of those who nearly caused complete racial extinction, or alternatively the ordered, intelligent, but hivemind-like Conclave who brought structure and democracy the Swarm lacked and yet crushed the actual rights (and thoughts) of their citizens.
The key to a Space Opera is creating sides that aren't correct, sides that can be both abominable and understandable, and ones that are warring as much with their own natures as the circumstances that create their enemies. Starcraft/Brood War did this excellently, understanding Sci-Fi more than a Metzen-style, Hollywood-tier schtick.
Kerrigan was every bit as beautiful, powerful, enthralling, or relate-able as she was abominable, scary, or monstrous.
Starcraft 2 lost all of that, leaving a sorry husk of a character.
More importantly, Mengsk did nothing wrong. Subjugate enemies of man, no matter how they appear.

Kerrigan not dying was a mistake, but it doesn't make trying to kill her a bad decision.

It doesn't change the fact that he basically gave the zerg a super monster that eventually went on to kick the ass off the dominion, protoss, and UED all at once. He was a manipulative despot, and was the architect of his own undoing.

For every measure of manipulative despot, there was an aspect of genuine hope for humanity. Mengsk's crazed desire for control is a parallel to his manifest destiny, desperate need for freedom, and genuine good will for "humanity" if not individual "man". He was a marked genius, and one with a will so strong he could overpower telepathy. Don't forget that a chunk of Kerrigan's success and carnage can be attributed to post-Confederate insurrectionists, as well.
Even ignoring extraneous content, Arcturus is not the monster he is claimed to be by anti-Terran shitposters.

thank you for reminding me why I hate Nublizzard so much, those assholes turned mengsk into a Saturday morning cartoon villain.

What the fuck is that!?

Well said. The way I see it, the main themes of sc1 were power and betrayal. No good characters end well. Sc2 fucked everything bad. It feels like bad fan fiction.

Mengsk was a power hungry bastard. Though I don't think he would have been such a despot as sc2 made him out to be.

haven't played SC2 but it's not like it's relevant

If Kerrigan was the lofty, vengeful, and powerful Queen of Blades, Mengsk was the Tzar. His goal was autocracy, but that does not mean his leadership or politics would have otherwise been negative or detrimental. His end-goal was a free-er people, but one that bent to the knee when they saw him walk by, and one that was unified under his fist of iron. Starcraft 2 pretends he sunk into decadence immediately, but Brood War set him apart as one who was mobilizing the Terran to fight voraciously and lively against two larger, stronger, and scarier powers. And remember- A unified dominion of Man is the scariest thing in the sector. Raynor fucked that up, though.

missing the void part

Lol

That walking animation, lol. They tried though.

What happend to Magistrate from Star Craft 1? The entire time I was playing Wings of Liberty I thought Matt was suppose to be Magistrate. I read later the Jim and Magistrate merged as per retcons though, which is stupid because Raynor was clearly talking to someone else. Someone who randomly told Mengsk to fuck off with Raynor. Matt seemed to fit that bill. I find out he was from the dozens of books I never knew existed. I can assume the UED commander from the expansion missions fucked off back to earth when he realized this shit was going south.

I actually don't mind that the MC from Protoss campaign was actually Artanis since it fits pretty well.
but now the issue that Artanis was clearly talking to someone else in the expansion missions.

Zerg MCs where all Cerebrate, and they all died, so its all good there.

Lorefag here, I have your answers: The magistrate just walked out of this whole mess after few weeks after Episode 1 and faded away from the story. UED captain died in the last battle of the Brood War. Protoss MC in Brood War is Selendis.

God I hate the redesigns in SC2. The avatar portraits weren't that great either in SC1, but I expected them to improve the style, not ruin it and make it even more Warcraft looking.

how do you kn ow that last one?

The UED fleet got annihilated and never returned to Earth so that captain is dead.

The books have the original Confederate Magistrate just retiring, tired of drama n shit

Fuck now I'm mad again
A key aspect RTS is your role as a commander, observer, and general. The very best of the genre integrate you in creative ways, and because "you" don't have to be shown in the game itself, so much can be done with that. Starcraft 2 abandoned an aspect that made Starcraft so good: Designing around a third party.
The heroic story of the player is every bit as important as any of the campy, flawed, excellent characters they watch develop. You're the mayor of dumbfuck nowhere and some guy shows up and convinces you to bail his ass out, and suddenly you go from "immature, incapable, learning general" to "zerg-slaughtering, regime-overthrowing killing machine" without ever being shown on-screen. Your role develops with you, as you learn, and how characters interact changes as well. The only thing you lose is 'dialogue', but the amount of starcraft threads imageboards have had over inane shit like this proves people had a lot to say. You're the little cerebrate that could, you're some nobody protoss nobleman- You are someone in the story. You aren't Raynor, you aren't Fenix, you aren't the Overmind or Kerrigan.
The player participates in forging the character's reputation and successes actively because they CAN. It's a videogame, not a movie. The presentation of Artanis actually makes a bit of sense and delivers on that premise reasonably well, and Cerebrate was a completed arc, but not only does SC2 shit all over the Magistrate, it also removes the concept entirely
ENTIRELY
You went from a part of the story with your own respective personal assistant, leading your own zero-to-hero story from scratch or as a godlike tactician commanding troops about with the speed of a thousand Koreans, a part of the unraveling Space Opera surrounding you, to a person with a computer screen. Things are happening because they can, units just speak aloud to break the fourth wall, you have no reason to be here except because it's a game/movie and you're here to play/watch.
In an era where muh immersions is apparently so important, why did we devolve from 1997?
We're erring on twenty years now.

more proof Blizzard loves Protoss above all else.
Even though it was done by accident They just wanted to add a new hero in for brood wars, it just happen to fit.

You would think Jim would have mentioned his imaginary friend at least once.

I think its implied because her back story happens to just fit. Just like with Artanis.

I recently just finished single player. I feel like they went the wrong direction with the giant god battle. I guess that was more the protoss fault then anything else, but the overmind, for example, wasn't a "god" by any means. A little lame that that the only thing that could kill him was a dark templar magic voodoo and what not. Still none of this satan in space. I guess they really didn't know what to do with the Zerg pass a point.

thats not broken dingus, if you accomplish an achievement on a higher difficulty than is required, they'll grant it to you

for what reason should you replay the level on an easier setting?

The achievement was not gotten though.

Damn, how many other Star Craft maps are made like this that completely change the gameplay to a complete different genre? I remember when they first showed it off they had a kart game, but for months I never saw any actual "major changing" maps. I kind of wish they made it straight action then an mmo style though.

To be fair, no one trusted Kerrigan, but basically picked what seemed to be the less threatening decision at the time. Also I thought Duran was Euro Spanish.

bumping because thread got interesting and I just wanted to talk about starcraft, but a starcraft mmo would be a bad idea in general.