Shit From 2007 That Didn't Actually Suck

Reposting as an actual thread because I fucked up and replied to a thread like a retard.

We all know that 2007 was one of the worst years in human history, arguably the beginning of the end of the golden years of video games. But there were a few gold nuggets like this that came out that year. In its honor, can we have a "game-related content from 2007 that was actually good" thread?

Also, here is a cool cover I found of this song:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dBIl9DXQUbs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And I still fucked up, I'm going to go kill myself, I'll see you guys tomorrow.

Here is the cover:
youtube.com/watch?v=dBIl9DXQUbs

You realize wholly the year of 2007 wasn't shit. It's a culmination of the circumstances at the time that led to an epicenter of shit
2007 is like, the dreamcast of years

See

Nice of you to say you are.

So wait, what exactly do you mean by game related content? You mean like music/designs/concepts and the like or just games in general? I'm assuming the latter.
I'd really like to write paragraphs for each and every game but that would take hours so I'll just write two paragraphs for two games, Infested Planet and ICEY

Infested Planet(2014), RTS-lite
Fuck up an endless horde of bug-like aliens and their hives/turrents with a squad of 5-10 units who can equip anything from standard assault rifles to explosive round shotguns, concussion grenades, miniguns, flamethrowers, laser snipers and explosive round handguns, turrets and various support buildings. While at first it seems like zerg rushing with your guys and a heal kit is the way to go it eventually gets harder with you needing to balance out your unit costs with your turrets and support building costs and setting up an attack in a way that would wipe out the regenerating hives. Only issue is that it kind of lacks variety by the end and the UI is xboxhueg

ICEY(2016), 2D beat em up
Has some great gameplay similar to fairy bloom freesia and is a decent challenge. Also has some "meta" elements to it like Superhot but they're not that noteworthy and the gameplay is what steals the show.

Does anyone have an idea how I can fix capacha with dollchan? It keeps needing me to turn it off, solve capacha in normal Holla Forums and then turn it back on.

Nobody ever said 2007 itself is shit you fat nigger, lots of great video games came out that year. it's just that a trillion things happened that turned the internet and the world into shit throughout the year.

If you're a retarded millennial, then sure.

Yup 2007 was the beginning of the end, it wasn't the end itself per say.

If you look up games that came out in 2007, you'll notice it's pretty underwhelming

Fuck I loved this game. I want a new Custom Robo game that's like Battle Revolution with online multiplayer on the Switch. I'd blow the biggest load anyones ever seen. It'd be like how in Pacific Rim the oceans were polluted because of the Kaiju blood, except it'd be my semen.

The OP says that literally

2007 was so shitty that even an Unreal Tournament game launched that year disappointed me.

It didn't play like old Sonic, but it was still a fun game for what it is.

Yeah, Super Mario Galaxy is a good example.

There was some good shit in 2007, but it's all been downhill for a decade. It just hit me that it is now 2017 (I knew that) but I had not groked that it has already been a decade since The Year Everything Started To Suck Even Harder Forever.
Here are my pics from that shit year.
In the years since we saw Rune Factory become a franchise, grow, succeed with four (five?) sequels and then the developer went backrupt and no new ones never ever.

Did you know that UT3 was in fact created for consoles to the point where game speed was tuned for consoles and then, to get that "classic UT speed", they simply adjusted some engine values to increase the default speed on PC to be higher? That's why the handling and controls feel so fucking weird in that game. They literally were not designed to be played on PC.

i bet you think that 1968 was what 'broke' America smh

2007 was the year that things went from good to shit, that implies that there was still some good and therefor some good games in there.
How about you try and find some great games released in 2008 instead, that's when it should be all bad.

I felt there was something out of place with UT3, that something wasn't feeling right with the gameplay, but I didn't know it was because of this. Now it makes sense.

Look at this faggot.
2007 had
Literally any of these games would be GOTY if released in 2016.
Now fuck off underage.

That is a pretty fucking low bar. Even CnC 4 can outdo most AAA releases in 2016

Nah, that's 2006
>KOF 2006
>FF12

Heres your reply

2007 signaled the beginning of the end, yes. Most everything started on a steady decline through 2010, with a resounding crash and burn in 2011-2012.

But I had this, and still have many fond memories.

Phantom hourglass came out for the ds. I had lots of fun with it.

simpler times.

stalker having projectile bullets (only some weapons do) barely matters anyway tbqh

Didn't this come out in 2007? Not the dance, obviously.

Just realized this .gif syncs perfectly with Tom Jones "It's not unusual". Coincidence?

Any dance will sync up to any kind of song.