Fat tardio Thread

This is the only game I've spent money on. Mostly because it's good and DRM free. When is the big update coming?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/42602
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I agree I love Fagtorio so much and it was worth every shekel, I can't wait for the BIG UPDATE™ containining multiplayer bugfixes and I'm sure that the ever expanding team of artists will give us incredible indieshit visuals.

Jesus christ, there's no reason to suck eachothers dicks.
You guys sound like shills.

I have to admit, those crips looking graphics every devblog post make me moist. I can't wait…

Did those cunts gave a reason why they didn't made their game cheaper during Christmas sale? Tbh fam I find it pretty stupid that something that happens once a year and they couldn't be bothered giving a discount for their game.

I thought you guys hated Early Access.

I'm willing to bet it's because they're not money hungry jews? It's been 20 EUR for a while now. I don't see that ever changing.

Honestly, people fiddling with the price of their game reeks of jewery. You honestly think that a business would ever do you a favor out of kindness and not to make money? I heard them say something about "It won't be 19.95, it won't be 19.99, it will just be 20 euros" or something in one of their devblogs

Pirate it, nigger. But these devs stand out in not being jews, though. Read their devblog and shit. pls buy, I want more wube games

Elitist early access devs these days have sticks so far up their asses that they charge full price for their incomplete games because it's a "privilege" to play their game early. Hell if there was one thing Minecraft did right, it was charging less for early access because you were buying a product that wasn't yet complete. Don't be a shill like OP. Don't support the cancerous indie devs that charge full price for incomplete projects. You never know when the next Starbound could slip through the cracks and steal your money with promises while only delivering an inferior product three years later.

Mhm, wouldn't they make then their game more expensive or hell even releasing some half arsed DLC if they were money hungry Juden? Yet they give out free samples to a few ZOGtuber alone for the merit that they are popular or something like that.

Funnily enough they charged 15 bucks before but now they added something I think it was some sort of mission pack I forget and they charged from now on 5 bucks more, the reasoning was that it has more in content therefore it would justify increasing the price.

Heh about 8 years ago or longer it was actually common for Developers to pay for Playtesters and as you wrote it is exactly the opposite now. I only pirated that game so far and I rarely buy games these days now if ever at all. Actually last year I bought only 1 game for 1 buck and nothing else. As those developers added a official mod page for their game it was the last straw that broke for me because you need a damn verified account in able to download mods from their site now, regular account won't do.

I guess if there is no improvement of this situation I will continue pirating it.

I've seen factorio mentioned a lot in other threads. What kind of game is it? I've heard it shares a few things with Minecraft's redstone, and that's the sort of thing I'm into.

Imagine combining OpenTTD with Minecraft. That's basically it.

Devs only put games on sale when they're old and busted, as promotion for sequels, or to make a quick buck on normalfags impulse buying shit that they will probably never end up installing. Factorio is still being updated and it's not the kind of game that appeals to normalfags, so sales would probably lose them money in the long run.

Early access can be done honestly, it's just a shameless cash grab 99% of the time.

You build assembly lines to manufacture things and constantly optimize and rebuild them to maximize throughput. You'll love it.

Stop talking about how shit EA is, or how retarded 99% of steam users are.
Start talking about meta factory setups!
I was thinking about something like pic related for my next playthrough:
Raw material goes in one side, science packs come out the other. ONLY raw materials go in. The individual science pack production lanes don't share parts or anything else. The only thing where resources are shared is when it comes to liquids.

This tbh. AND LOTS OF FUCKING AUTOMATION, JESUS CHRIST, YOU CAN AUTOMATE ANYTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man this game is great, the first time i realized how to automate some drills and the furnace it blew my mind, it just goes up from there

You build a factory that can help you make a bigger factory, expand, expand, expand, make it faster, make it better, make it stronger

There's no real end goal, except upgrading your factory until you can get the maximum tier of items in large enough quantities to mow down alien bases I guess.

Shill faggot

I'm pretty sure that was the one that completely retooled the trains from being something you can have in the game if you feel like it, into literally the best part of the game. I just don't see any other update being that large or having that kind of impact unless they actually get around to implementing that vague thing about "launching rockets into space to create another factory, but IN FUCKING SPACE" they've teased a few times.

That said, I wish more players refused to take the easy way out with directly inserting copper cables into their green circuit assemblers. You haven't created a real main bus until you've got tens of thousands of cables whipping by for several minutes every time you snag a stack of level 3 modules. It's delicious. There's nothing I like more than standing amid an absurd number of assemblers and listening to them cranking and clanking and whooshing and whirring. I don't think I've ever seen a game where the important of good sound design was more perfectly demonstrated.

I like this game but it has zero replayability, starting over is extremely boring and they never bothered to fix the progression. Not only you have to restart a billion times to get some decent resources or the zone you wish to build in, you're also forced in that slow ass start of building/removing/rebuilding to expand your base and it gets very tedious. And if you play mods good fucking luck on going back to the base bland game.

buhh i want to play it so bad but its expensive i dont deserve to pay full price

This is my biggest issue, too; but it's partially based on my personal playstyle. There's just no realistic way to properly scale a base from the very beginning into the endgame, so a lot of players end up redoing their base several times, or ending up with spaghetti belts.

I don't like this, so what I do is start off with a shitty, shitty starter base that can only produce red and green science. I get all that stuff researched, mostly so I can tech up to oil and trains (a useful enough patch of oil deposits almost always being so far away I need trains) and build up a HUGE supply of belts, inserters, assemblers, turrets, ammo, and walls. Then I use these resources to massively expand my territory and start building a properly massive factory that can sustain enough throughput to get me to the endgame. It's also when I start to put together the infrastructure that enables me to produce blue science. THAT moment is when things actually start to get fun, while beforehand it's just kind of a slog. The jump from having a crappy factory that doesn't have trains or oil or blue science to one that does is such a huge leap that it defines the game for me. However many hours it takes to get there almost feels wasted.

Honestly, I'm excited for the next update when they redo science. If they do it right, it will force a change in this playstyle where there won't be such a huge leap forward, which won't require me to slog along building up a lot of resources to accomplish it.

They really need to fix this. The resources are well balanced outside of the starting area, but getting a starting area that has stone, coal, copper, and iron is damn near impossible. It shouldn't be that difficult to have a different algorithm determining the terrain generation just in the starter area.

Stuck on the 4th mission of the campaign, can't fucking win it on hard, doesn't matter how many turrets I get, 5 behemoth bitters at the same time is just too much to handle.

There's the end goal to build and launch a rocket.

I've played through it whenever there's a big update. Sometimes I just play a little bit before I realize not much has changed, only played all the way up to the end maybe 3 times. It was also fun doing multiplayer with mods with Holla Forums a while back. Does anyone feel like setting up a server?

It's not that its the easy way out, it's the efficient way out.
It is the only item of which you craft them at a rate of 4 per crafting speed per second. The next closest thing is gears, which stands at half of that.
In the early game when you're building you're building your inserter production for green science, you really don't have the tools to extract those cables fast enough onto belts, so you're best off just throwing it directly into another assembler.

The pick you posted just shows me that you know fuckall about cables, given how you have FAR MORE cable production than fits on those belts.
To just list a whole bunch of things:

The amount of resources you would pour into having a copper cable line you could tap from isn't worth it at all. You need to spend a lot of time building many powerful inserters and transport belts, all to save a small amount of space next to your actual circuit production; instead of feeding copper plates into a copper cable assembler, which feeds the cables into the actual circuit assembler, you feed the cables directly into the circuit assembler. Granted, it's nicer, but really just not worth the effort at all.

The only way copper cable production could justify its own production area is if they actually were more of a pain to produce. The same goes for gears. Why wouldn't you assemble those things when needed when they only cost a single resource and are finished faster than they can be consumed? Why would you ever try to feed a separate lane of gears and iron plates into a transport belt assember, when you can just feed both a gear and transport belt assembler with a single iron plate belt, and feed the belt assembler with the gear assembler directly.

This is my issue too. You spend the first several hours of the game trying to get red/green quickly setup so that you can actually build everything, only to then try to quickly shoehorn in blue science production after you got oil running so that you can immediately mass produce logistics bots and throw your entire factory in the trash.

I don't count "spam materials into this machine until you get a victory screen" any kind of real end goal.

There should be some kind of final mission where you must retrieve an important object from a special enemy castle, and then launch it with a rocket.

But the castle is significantly stronger than normal enemy bases, and spawns some kind of giant enemies that are the size of assembly machines, and then enemies including those huge ones start storming your base as soon as you obtain the special item.

I don't count "spam bullets at enemy castles until you get an item to get the victory screen" as any kind of real end goal :^)

You need a very good defensive setup and the factory to run it, powerful equipment and ammo, and a non-shit combat strategy if you want to do that.

You can launch a rocket with a kindergartener's shit -tier factory if you wait long enough.

I agree. This is the only shortcoming of the game right now. No real end-purpose. I'd say there is 72-168 hours of gameplay in the current state. Mileage may vary depending on your level of Autism.

Completely worth 20 bucks though. I pirated it then, bought it out of respect.

I can't believe the logic for this game is written in Lua.

neo-Holla Forums

MODS WILL FIX IT™

That you have to waste time redoing your factory every time you find something better for it means jack shit. All you do is repeat the same shit you've been doing for the past 70-166 hours, you're attacked by what's functionally the same mobs (imagine playing starcraft against an AI that gets infinite minerals but only attack-moves zerglings and hydras into your base and hacks a hatchery into the game after it's zerglings and hydras afk in a spot for 5 minutes).

End-game combat consists of grinding for baby's power armor that lets you run into an alien nest, fire your shotgun for a second killing everything that isn't a 6million hp biter, go after the next nest and still die because you were shot by two large worms in the previous nest and your shields couldn't regen fast enough.

You can shoot a rocket into the sun for no reason other than to see a victory screen saying "NO REFUNDS" yet you're still the same shit-eating caveman using the same drill you got a minute into the game, you still have to fuck around placing every single one of those shit-drills into patches that last a minute for any kind of competent player, and oil patches are just as useless nearing 1.0 as their pumpjack works for 5 real-life minutes.

This game had a lot of potential but the devs are currently too busy milking the game using "It's in EA" as an excuse as the community is working for f r e e and churning gameplay for them, all they have to do is hire their blender artists as everyone that bought the game is afflicted with some of that post purchase rationalization and willingly does the marketing for them.

I'm not sorry for your loss, you deserve that and as usual, thank you for believing.

I'll spend money on it if it ever becomes a complete game. Sadly, that possibility is looking to be less and less likely as time goes on now. It seems to have fallen into all the classic traps of Minecraft's early access model at this point. They even added a fucking mod into the game last year instead of coming up with the needed feature on their own.

And which update was that? The tedium of setting up train fuel stations still hasn't made them worth the effort of simply placing miles of belts for me.

Oh also those fucking cunts dumped 32-bit support last year despite supporting it for years. This is the kind of decision you should make before you enter development, not in the middle of a released product.

It took them fucking forever to do it, but they finally did fix the map generator a few months back so that new maps always contain a minimum of materials in the starting area now.

Seriously, they did this. It's finally fixed.

Level 3 assemblers are the most efficient and least polluting, yes. But level 2 assemblers are actually pretty bad compared to level 1 assemblers. The only advantage 2 have over 1 is speed. When you don't have level 3s researched yet, it's better to only use level 2 assemblers where you need them.

I think somebody needs to retool more than just their base.

I was reading through the thread.

I tried it but I found myself not enjoying I enjoy crafting but not when I spend several minutes farming but hey it's honestly a cool game just not my type of game.

Isn't that the problem Factorio is specifically made to address? Minecraft is where you spend hours digging in caves, Factorio is all about automating everything.

Sounds like you have an awesome factory there senpai.

Not entirely slow start but it gets faster as you get more into it, I mean I get it I just need patience but I lack that when it comes things.

They posted a thread on their forum iirc that explained their views on sales and values of a virtual product or whatever.
archive.is/42602
Can't find the exact one I read but this one is a small summary of NEVER™. Something about preserving the value of the product, which I can get behind. They're a competent bunch though. Look into it if you aren't already aware or a total jew, this isn't your run of the mill early access dev team.

Factorio isn't necessarily about efficiency. Robots are extremely fucking boring; a player who uses them for everything is a player that isn't smart enough to put together even a basic main bus. I play Factorio for one reason, and one reason alone, and that's to build a fuckhuge factory with reasonable aesthetics, that has millions of items all whizzing by on thousands of belts. I like to see things in motion.

Also, that copper cable setup was designed to fully saturate express belts. I never got to a point where I needed more throughput (ran out of room to add more red circuit production at the bottom of the bus and so never bother to upgrade as I'd already reached endgame, my goal of six rockets per hour, and was ready to move on to a new factory). I don't want to play a spreadsheet simulator, so I don't CARE if the entire factory isn't mathematically perfect. It's too much of a pain to do that. The devs really fucked up with the way you have to do equations to calculate build speed because everything displays a "build time" based on a "crafting speed" of 1, but literally nothing has a crafting speed of 1. Assemblers are 0.5 and 0.75 and 1.25 speed. So, for example, copper cables say they produce at 2 per second, but there is NO WAY to ever actually do that. You can produce cables at 1 per second, 1.5 per second, or 3 per second (or higher if you use modules).

I don't believe this. I can load up Factorio right now and the first twenty starting areas I get will be lacking at least one required resource within radar range. I'm running the latest update. The only thing that fixes it is mods (but the only way to get mods is through the forum which requires you to actually have bought the game).

Got this game randomly last year, haven't regretted it at all I gotta say. Yeah early access but the devs seem to update the game still and judging by the current update version there's still going to be a ton of shit that they'll hopefully bother to add in. Only issue I have is once I start getting the mid tier shit and your factorys foundation is rendered completely obsolete and you gotta tear down your entire fucking base and basically rebuild it from the ground up with the improvements in mind on top of all the new manufacturing shit thrown in too

I'm on v0.14.21 and here's what a new map with lowest possible resource settings looks like now. They fixed it for coal, copper, and iron, but I guess they forgot about stone. The former three are always present in a starting area at some level regardless of settings now. Oil is not necessary for a starting area.

They fixed that issue a bit in the past two updates I think, only issue though is the game is meant to have you building more and more separate factories as time goes on to speed up resource production and also keep you from building a giant base only in the starting area and never really expanding. That's probably why they can't really nail adequate beginning stage resource distribution because then we'd probably end up with the whole map having it and it'd ruin the point of the trains. Then again from what I've seen they also have the starting area programmed a little different from the rest of the map so then again they should be able to do it. Only thing I can think of is find a mod that tools it how you want and tell the devs retool it

Only if you don't know how to plan ahead.

The next update(s) seem to change the way the game plays again.

Yeah I freely admit I have no idea how to engineer and architect shit. To be honest I don't know why I like this game when it's built upon mental planning and calculating I'm too fucking stupid to be able to do but I like building things up. Trying to figure out an efficient layout for every production block that I can then easily expand and upgrade is a pain in the ass for me especially when you're trying to automate literally fucking everything including entire factories apparently in the late game.

The nuclear reactor will be nice to have though, having gigantic swaths of the map covered completely in solar panels is both stupid and inefficient especially with no upgrade options for them either from what I've seen. Liquid tankers will be good, a mod already does it pretty well but actually have it in game will be good too. And from what I hear with alien artifacts you either wound up with way too many or nowhere near enough so I take it they're just adding in higher tier science packs that make more goddamn sense than the alien ones then? From what I've seen the water and steam retooling is mainly for the reactors but apparently you'll be able to store steam to use for later which would be nice. A little pointless though because unless they add in beginner tier storage tanks by the time you get em for oil later on you already have a ton of generators anyway which makes it useless unless you want to store the extra energy for laser defenses

Nice
BUYER'S REMORSE
U
Y
E
R
'
S

R
E
M
O
R
S
E
faggot

They could stop development right now and it would be a complete game.

Make lots of the little throwable flying robots. Also you can rush it and get the thing you want even while the aliens are closing in on you.

Just like MGSV :^).

If you don't like the game then why bother shitting up the thread, user?

As complete a "game" as Minecraft.

It's mostly about leaving space for expansion. So for example, instead of putting assemblers on the end of your smelting line, you leave space to make your smelting line longer in the future. You probably have to replace some of the early stage assembly setups though when you want to make gorillions of green circuits and stuff.

As far as I remember, the main reason they're removing alien science is because it can't be automated.

In 0.15 steam will be separate from water, and I think turns back into cool water after used. I read something about how it will be more efficient to re-pump the water into the boiler than only heat fresh water, but I don't remember exactly.

There's no game, user. Big Pharma, a game by (((the indie clique))) has more structure and goal to it than Factorio, and that's something that it really needs to address.

A game that people can play for hundreds of hours and have fun the whole time? I agree, that's not a game at all. No good games are fun, just like proper cinema or good sex, you're not supposed to enjoy it.

Big Pharma is pretty good. There's already an end goal in Factorio though, to launch the rocket. As it stands, it's a complete game. They're still improving it and adding new things, but even if they quit now it would be a complete experience.

That's really the trick. When you start out you want to build everything as compact as possible for maximum aesthetic, but before long there's so many different kinds of productions you need to automate and so many more resources required that it doesn't work anymore. You've gotta leave plenty of space for later expansion, but it really take a few factories to get the hang of that.

I don't know why people break their bases down and start again, that doesn't sound like much fun. Much easier to just load up a buggy with supplies and find a new home.

Thread's already shit by being about Factorio. If you don't want to read bad things about Factorio and why your $20 purchase was complete shit, then fuck off to Reddit.

It's ok if the game tells you that you won.

There's lots of features being worked on behind the scenes, by an ever expanding team of blender artists; the next big patch will improve the gameplay and it will stop being the same bland shit as it has been for the several years that it has been on development.

My sides, you're absolutely right.

It takes at most 16 hours to beat if you start out not knowing how to play and spend half the time afk waiting for stuff to get built.

Here we go again conflating fun with games. People derive fun from many disparate kinds of activities. I prefer to get it from games.

I have only been in close proximity to an Indian once in my life, and that was on a train. The entire cart noticed that it smelled bad. And the smell went away as soon as she got off.

It appears I have been enjoying the wrong video games. What, in your expert opinions, should I spend my free time playing?

Not exactly indian related but on a bus, I had some peruvian-like nigglet standing next to me that smelled like a mix of rotten tangerines and sweat.

Russian Roulette, it's a high risk high reward game with permadeath mechanics.

Fuck

Storming an enemy castle sounds great, but the combat in factorio is shit. Besides, building a giant thing fits the core game play, which is building a giant ass factory and not fighting enemies. If combat was revamped, or reworked, then that might work.

We need this so fucking bad. The endgame becomes to fucking tedious when all you're doing is burning hoards of biter nests and setting up a dozen outposts to get the needed throughput.

Using a flamethrower to destroy enemy nests and entire forests is very fitting with the industrialization theme.

Also, what's this I'm hearing about castles?

Looking at my last factory in the map view, I realized that I could recognize everything even in its pixel form. So I pointed out various assembly areas so you can see how I put the whole thing together. Neat!

Nothing more to discuss…?