Game idea thread

Time to share your game ideas that will never become true.

The year is 2180, most of Earth is mainly desert aside from more icy northern regions, regardless there are still huge strips of land that are fertile called Oasis which are in constant state of war due to its resources, game takes place mainly in Turkey between two factions: The New European Templar Order and the Revived Mamluke Caliphate.

Gameplay is Red Orchestra Ostfront but modernized RO2 is a fucking disaster with around 100 players, artillery pieces and some gimmicks.
Maybe a little casualized but not to RO or Battlefield levels.
Also planes

Art design, modern warfare but with Medieval Europe and Arab designs from soldier armor, to weapons and vehicles.

Maps, are aforementioned deserts but with some clutter like single houses and old ruins (the later with some spooky surprises), icy regions/forests, and Oasis, most who feature a single medieval castle with design between medieval and modern architecture and are defended by a a faction.
A base for each faction aside from when the castles are involved.

Sound has Templars speaking Latin, Mamlukes speaking Arab, music is mostly Nasheeds, Latin chants with some exceptions being more generic "Epic" music akin to Two Steps from Hell, maybe when the match is about to be decided.

Other urls found in this thread:

laughingsquid.com/a-video-game-where-you-play-a-cat-exploring-hong-kongs-densely-populated-kowloon-walled-city/
store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Walking Simulator/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Afraid a AAA company might steal your idea user?

A mediocre game, but it shows TITS and BUTTHOLE.
Insta GOTY for Holla Forums

Great post, champion.

hes right though

Aside from the fact that Holla Forums isn't one person.
You both fucked up there

He's 100% right, Holla Forumsiggers are dumb and you know it.

Action/adventure RPG where you start as a child in say, 16th century Japan, where depending on what you discover and focus on in the early parts of the game, determines which of the major story branches you would follow.

Practice martial arts? Become the strongest sword, and stop the invading army that intends to turn Japan into a series of trading ports under foreign rule.
Spy on monsters and tengu to learn their secrets? Become a mighty sorcerer/summoner who saves the country from a great demon that has been crafting a master spell to steal the souls of all of the people, in an attempt to attain godhood at the behest of a suspicious and malevolent being from beyond the stars, across a gulf so distant that even death may die along the journey.
Spy on assassins looking to kill a local lord so that their employer can take over the area in the name of security? Become a spy/ninja/assassin and turn the tables, and discover an even greater conspiracy in the works, and save Japan from a terrible fate.

Or take any of the three, and take the reigns of the evil plots, with you being the boss.

NEVAH EVAH GONNA' HAPPEN.Action/adventure RPG where you start as a child in say, 16th century Japan, where depending on what you discover and focus on in the early parts of the game, determines which of the major story branches you would follow.

Practice martial arts? Become the strongest sword, and stop the invading army that intends to turn Japan into a series of trading ports under foreign rule.
Spy on monsters and tengu to learn their secrets? Become a mighty sorcerer/summoner who saves the country from a great demon that has been crafting a master spell to steal the souls of all of the people, in an attempt to attain godhood at the behest of a suspicious and malevolent being from beyond the stars, across a gulf so distant that even death may die along the journey.
Spy on assassins looking to kill a local lord so that their employer can take over the area in the name of security? Become a spy/ninja/assassin and turn the tables, and discover an even greater conspiracy in the works, and save Japan from a terrible fate.

Or take any of the three, and take the reigns of the evil plots, with you being the boss.

NEVAH EVAH GONNA' HAPPEN.

I love when I double-paste.

>>>/a/

Breddy good
Was going to recoommend Way of the Samurai but I see you have taste.
Played Gekkokuju yet?

Magical Girl Group Manager, in a setting similar to Madoka or even the default setting of Magical Burst. Magical girls are needed to destroy monsters, witches, and evil beings, but they're fraught with terrible fates. Overuse of magic leads to terrible mutations and loss of self, magical girls can become suicidal or hurt by combat, and real world issues can rear their hugly heads like rape and abuse. Your job is to make sure they're still effective with the tools at your disposal - determining their tactics, their hours of operation, encouraging connections between girls.

Some girls work better in the base than out in battle, some are better at field support than at beating people up. You can research fallen enemies for better magic and equipment, and even construct facilities for your Girls to relax in, but not live in - remember, they have normal lives to get back to!

Okay, it's just xcom with cute girls in frilly/tight outfits, but I still like the idea.

Template.

Nigger he even admitted it
See

I mean the template for showing your dream game you troglodyte.

Open World Action RPG set in the Ancient Near East and Anatolia. Enemies include deformed humans, wandering Jewish rape-parties and mythological creatures. Battles with more than a couple people are properly simulated, and the player will easily be overwhelmed unless they have a party of soldiers.

I want that but with Ancient Greece

there was a SNES tactical RPG called tenchi muyo game hen. it had isometric camera, grid-based movement, and i think it had action points etc and also some cute girls

little they know that it's I who makes these treads hopping to steal a good idea and add a polyaromantic transgender protagonist to it

You're a soldier stationed in a military base in the middle of nowhere, when one day a UFO crashes near the base and aliens come out of it, eat the brains of all the soldiers, except you and a small handful of others for some reason, and take over their bodies. As the sole survivor, it's your responsibility to kill each and everyone of them before they can infect the rest of the world. The catch is the aliens can only be harmed by bladed weapons, for some reason, so you have to take them out with melee weapons like knives, machetes, axes, etc.

Anyway, the story doesn't really matter. The game is a 3rd person, semi top-down, stealth-action game with slight puzzle elements which are broken into a variety stages that represent various parts of the military base. Your objective is to figure out how to sneak up on and kill all the aliens/zombie soldiers, who are armed with guns, on each map using only bladed melee weapons. Both you and your enemies would die in one hit, so you'd have to extra careful not to mess up. As the game progresses, the maps would become increasingly difficult and you would eventually have to fight pure aliens(of various forms, each with different abilities) who are mixed in with units of zombie soldiers. Maybe even alien-controlled tanks would show up in the later stages, though I can't think of any way for the player to take out a tank with a knife. For the final stage, the player would be given a special type of firearm that can hurt the aliens and go on a cathartic rampage, just mowing them down left and right.

Alchemy/Adventure game based on experimenting with various substances used to make potions, elixirs, alloys, etc for various adventuring gear. Go out to buy or collect materials, learning about them through information you read/find and notes you take as you experiment. Experimentation and any observations about the substances are based on processes of fermenting, heating, cooling, grinding to powder, purifying, separating, and adding substances with the appropriate tools and devices in order to make new things. Then you either sell or test your finished products by adventuring Can also gulp that shit down like they did with mercury in the olden days cause you think it will have beneficial effects

It's basically a mix of a Chemistry Set, Receatter, and a little bit of Elder Scrolls.

He is right

A 40k game where you play as a spess mahrine, Evisor assassin, Eldar Banshee or Warp Spider, with the style of Metal Gear Rising. The Mastiff UG's would be perfect for Terminators, Fenrir's for warp-spawn, ect.

It doesn't even have to be Harry Potter themed, I just want to play a game where you can play a kid going to magic school and doing wizard things.

Open world survival horror FPS where you play as a regular person and your only goal is to get yourself and your loli out of the city you live in, but the city was recently occupied by an invading country who's military happens to consist of rape happy slavs. Give the enemies good squad AI and make it so the game is still completable with a bad ending if anything happens to your loli. Also give it realistic gameplay mechanics with bleeding out when you get shot, breakable bones, the enemy soldiers having body armor with real world performance so you have to be aware of where you're shooting them even if you pick up a rifle, and have the enemies react to you differently depending on whether you're carrying visible weapons/gear.

In Punisher 2099, characters had personal force fields that would stop projectiles and such that were moving at high velocity, but slow things would get through, like air, food on a fork, and such. Of course, the Punisher stabbed the fucker bragging about this, nice and slow.

This would be an EXCELLENT addition to any fantasy or adventure game. Also need the ability to study anatomy of various creatures, and learn how to kill/skin/disassemble them more effectively, or heal them more effectively. Like the anatomy skill in UO. It let you kill people more deader, and also heal them much more effectively. I used to be able to revive the goddamn dead with a fucking scrap bandage, then restore them to full health with another.

A game with as much content and modability as SS13 but on a good engine

Don't worry dawg, Dean Hall will have you covered.

Why was Red Orchestra 2 shit? I haven't play the paat games so I don't can't compare.

World War 1 Musou : Cats vs Lolis

>1. Hare has killed no or

a simulation of the life of a cat, not like a joke game, but as in balancing street life with being kind to your owners, stats, breeding with spore-esque procedural generation, natural disasters to avoid and all that sort of shit

Basically a game where you have CHOICES CHOICES constantly to do what the fuck you want but it's all WORDS WORDS WORDS or at most few pixel art pics there and there to show where you are or to give you the general idea what you/someone else looks like without having to read it out everytime as in portraits.

No idea what it would actually be about, maybe survival in some 80s cyberpunk dystopian future or something like that instead of Real-life the gaem.

I would totally play the shit out of this.

are you a moron or something with neither vision nor knowledge of history

FTFY

laughingsquid.com/a-video-game-where-you-play-a-cat-exploring-hong-kongs-densely-populated-kowloon-walled-city/
Two staples of game idea threads mashed together.

I was going to say something almost identical to this, great minds think alike user.

Please be ironic, this is my last safe space on earth user…

I'll be sure to credit any of you guys as 'Anonymous' if I steal your game idea for a buck. Unfortunately, not truly knowing who you are, I simply cannot hope to be able to compensate you. Oh well. :^)

They've got a bunch of those already
store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Walking Simulator/

2 ideas:

1. An open world game set in edo or pre-nobunaga Japan. It spans the entirety of japan from hokkaido to nagasaki. You start off as either an unemployed male or female in a small village. You can chose a number of jobs.

Male:
Farmer, cook, accountant, village elder, merchant, samurai, assassin, thief, monk, daoist priest, lord.

Female:
Farmer, cook, merchant, village elder, onnabushi, kunoichi, thief, shrine maiden, daoist priestess, lady.

The object of the game is basically a life simulator of that time period, think of an open ended mix between elder scrolls & dragons dogma & way of the samurai. The world would be fully interactive, you could basically pick up any object or use any object (within reason).

There is no real story, but there are instead randomly generated events, such as raids from bandits and various oni in each village. You can either protect the village, loot it and watch the destruction unfold, summon oni to either defeat the other oni or to destroy a village for yourself and plunder it, or you can even start a raid your ownself.

You can also make your own factions, so let's say I want to be a thief, I steal some things while a merchant isn't looking, I pawn those to another merchant and hire a partner in crime with the yen I just made.

The possibilities would be virtually endless, it would play how you want it to play.

2. An open world game set in modern or 90's japan, a mixture of the highly detailed shenmue environment, the gta gameplay, and the yakuza story. I'm talking a game set in Yokohama the size of gta5, it spans from the harbor city to the deep forests of the inner country. It would be almost completely 100% interactive like shenmue, and every interior that wasn't a house would be explorable.

You must love Japan my dude

Honestly, the ideas he threw out if properly implemented would be god-tier in any real world setting (obviously modified to fit).

fucking weebs man i swear to god.

the first idea actually sounds pretty fucking neat.

Pitch 1

Pitch 2

Pitch 3

Meant this post.

Modern day NES Ninja Gaiden game complete with respawning enemies as soon as you leave the screen, and damage that sends you backwards.

Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 were almost puzzle games with their bullshit.

Closest thing is Russia Under Siege by AGEOD, but it's a wargame.

I thought it was really fun managing screen positioning, resources and doing jump cancels to maximize your damage output on bosses. It's games you have to almost speedrun to beat.

The beetle one seems fun as fuck to be honest familia.

Mamluks were a sultanate m8

bumb

A third person post-apocalyptic RPG with a somewhat 17-18th century Yurop look and more varied architecture. It's set on a continent similar to what I imagined Australia as a kid. As 20% inhabited and the rest being an uninhabitable wasteland.
The inhabitable world is disconnected from the wasteland by a barrier (or maybe not, the concept isn't my favourite) and it's landmass keeps diminishing. Despite this there are warring empires that contain nationalities with differing opinions on the empires they're subjugated by. Nationalism, loyalty and so on. Also semi-mundane monsters like werewolves and giant birds. Also warrior/prostitute/princess waifus.

The wasteland is filled with comparatively ridiculous stuff like corrupted wildlife like giant multi eyed bears, winged squids, Shadow of the colossus sized snake demons, vultures, shadow creatures, something like lizardmen from Warhammer and some repurposed slavic myths thrown in. Doesn't sound that interesting but I'd really go strange with designs, like that tree mutant from the cancelled Stalker. The closer you get to the source the environments would range from barely different to the inhabited world to jungles to spooky dense forests (which the Fairy king rules whose appearance I imagined pretty close to Dahaka), to completely darkened wastelands ruled by massive creatures to places that look alien and barely make sense and so on.
Oh yeah and the wasteland is filled with human corpses (like the Hollow) from previous centuries of multiple nations, some dead, some on the brink of dying allowing for more diverse equipment and weapons. You'd also have to enter the wasteland to find magic or the next best thing.
It would be really hard to survive on first entry.

I'd also go really silly with abilities and magic like earth bending fists from the ground, stomping earth-quakes, ground punching lightning, shooting lightning arrows that arc into other opponents on hit, corpse exploding telekinesis and stuff like being able to grab stunned opponents (which turns into a suplex/something else if you're good at fist fighting), absorbing hits for grey damage with a canceled strike/spell afterward (FADC lol). There would be stuff like side stepping in eight directions which can be canceled into attacks, parry exchanges which happen often with good humanoid enemies. This all sounds cooler in my head, imagine something like a 3d fighter viewed from the back, with less input complexity of course.

tl;dr some shitty pseudo European Stalker/Diablo/Dark Souls rip off

I went into too much detail. Please don't bully and please don't steal I'll totally make this one day.

Is this an Eyes Wise Shut kind of scenario? I think it sounds fun.

Is that really CWC?

Asymmetrical co-op survival horror game set in space . . . on the Wii U Yeah . . . too late now right?

One person is the shooter and uses the TV to play in a shooter position like RE4 or Dead Space exploring and fighting thru large space stations/ship/bases while fighting off an alien threat.

The 2nd player is the operator and uses the Wii U Gamepad that shows a map screen and other vital functions such as seeing moving objects, opening/closing doors, life system monitoring, electrical power balancing and hacking into systems of each facility. The operator can also receive scan data sent from the shooter player and then read out Metroid Prime scan visor style info (to tell the other player enemy weakness and environmental information).

It should also be possible to swap the screens of each player and let the operator with a Wii Remote (use pointer for touch screen functions) on a TV screen and the shooter on a Gamepad (possibly wearing headphones) and then play in separate rooms within wireless range. This setup could provide more "immersive" as the TV player could send (one way) text messages/info and then direct the actions of the Gamepad player.

Partial inspired by the motion tracker scenes in Alien or any "mission control style" operator in general like in vid related.

nobody cares about your retarded shitideas

Thats more than nobody I believe

Did your uncle Podesta rape your imagination away? Other people's ideas are neat, because they're EXTERNAL TO YOUR OWN IMAGINATION. The fruit of a whole other set of experiences.

That would actually be pretty cool, Nintendo really fucked up by not making games like this. It appears that the Switch will allow for local wireless multiplayer so don't give up too easily.

This is a fucking top-tier idea, please rate mine.

Honestly never thought this combo would make something I'd wanna play.

Type : Crusader Kings 2 based (all the jazz and intrigue)
Theme : Legends of Galactic Heroes (example) space opera

The player would take on the role of either some government official, soldier up to admiral and beyond, galactic ruler or other government leader (practically anything).
Make a family and a heir (i'd guess you couldn't inherit some titles) for your role.

Random generated galaxies, with Xenos or without (optional i'd guess), events on all kinds of scales.

Fleet battles with strategies and tactics (not just pure dice rolls, but not like Total War based battles either)

P.S. My dick is getting hard from these ideas