/ogc/ - Racing Vidya Thread - Limitet (content) Edition

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/autogamescoalition

Wiki: ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia

Mumble:

Our Uplay spreadsheet (Currently for The Crew):
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSepEGcLRmODiyFZwWpDDB6rdMHaAm-TMjlsbEOpAOzDA_kMTA/viewform
To add others, check here;
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ibxzGQ8J0LWpYXcmn0cXHoLos4d50SXSBBm6OCbwsfA/edit

Our Forza Horizon 3 club:

Our Xbox live club:

Other urls found in this thread:

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5335670
my.mixtape.moe/amfqoa.rar
indiegala.com/store/product/f1-2016/391040
indiegala.com/store/product/street-racing-syndicate/292410
gamefaqs.com/ps2/921351-choroq/faqs/61707
my.mixtape.moe/pprtey.zip
redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331788962817/insid-the-continued-success-of-richard-burns-rally-pc-game-by-modding
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murketing
robwalker.net/contents/jm_redbull.html
lunarlodge.wordpress.com/2016/10/06/red-bull-music-academy-blues/
humblebundle.com/store/dirt-showdown-free-game
hmoob-phaj-ej.deviantart.com/art/La-Nina-NFSMW-Final-161392992
mega.nz/#!QYsTlALL!LiyETxte1Jo2tmzAXusZG-l9sEi4MgZBBNrrmNo4YYk
mediafire.com/file/isq88qw7djgeccu/rF_Norisring2009_v1.0.rar
mega.nz/#!1B8ADRZB!itPbSQso5F7GEkdXAozSTCKutWljfONv4XurLQRKS0k
web.archive.org/save/http://8ch.net/v/res/11645129.html
web.archive.org/web/20170113225450/http://8ch.net/v/res/11645129.html
archive.is/6pXOZ
download1350.mediafire.com/ave4hglse44g/isq88qw7djgeccu/rF_Norisring2009_v1.0.rar
autogamescoalition.liveracers.info/Live/?server=OGC: VTCC
youtube.com/watch?v=MGGa9k5KkXo
mega.nz/#!KQNkELIS!Nh7lXuYvLZPi83lDgVaYXSqMLZPqfAJaRpgP4OcRx8M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

NEVER EVER

Rip Carlos Sainz

3rd post for the ongoing Rally Dakar.

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5335670

How many people are going to die this year in Rally Dakar /ogc/?

And new weekly soon for Dirt rally.

Think I'm going to take a break from dirt rally until I get a wheel. thinking of buying calling all units

You can maybe go to Documents\The Crew, clear out everything in that folder, set it to read only so the cloud bit can't resync your save data and launch the game. Then clear read only if you're in a new game and hopefully it will overwrite your previous saved data on the servers.

The game is not really designed to let you do that, and I suspect it has to do with CCs and the fact one could get very upset if their saved data is wiped because their little brother wanted a new game but they had bought some CCs.

Inb4 Forza Rally gets made, sells loads, and revitalizes the age of rally racing games. NEVER EVER.

1. you're wrong
2. notice there were no mention, in post , of the game being any good, just that it sells well

But now that TGT is really in bed with Forza to the point of playing on stream, one might wonder if the rumored "spinoff" isn't actually a TGT game and not a Rally game.

Maybe a TGT DLC for Forza 3?

whos still playin The Crew boys??

if it didn't get those fucking crates you can't disable and the cops weren't a fucking minigame that fucks over manual gearbox users

… you mean cause of the D-pad? Why dont you have Up/Downshift mapped to Shoulder Buttons?

(Checked)
That last one is so pretty

Because accelerating with triggers and shifting with shoulders is a pain in the ass, I tried it and it's just terrible to get used to

I have them mapped to shoulder buttons, and I can't upshift or downshift. It goes to first gear and I can't do shit.

I never had trouble.

wait so what happens to dudes with Wheels??

Probably the same. Who knows. I don't have one. Sure wish I did, though.

same here. havent since PS2 days with GT4.

Miss the good ol days

i haven't played the crew in a long while whats this about crates and police mini-games?

Calling All Units
If you cause a little mayhem more or less accidentally, cops will go full assault team on your ass and they have stupid fucking abilities to fuck you over with (you also have them), rather than being a simple police chase.
Also the crates are just missions that are practically more advertising for the DLC because all you get from them is some money for doing them. They're scattered all over the world and you can't turn them off for comfy cruising.

There was a new DLC that added cops and robbers stuff. now anytime you get into police chases, you get bigger bonuses and NFS hot persuit type abilities, but also non-NPC cops with similar abilities.

I like it tho, cause there are random crates updated each day that give you 1/10th of a new car, usually the extra expensive ones worth 1 Mil bucks at least.

Also, I should say this, I have Wild Run, but not CAU. you basically get all the stuff in CAU except for the cop cars, but I'm not sure if thats true for non-dlc players

They already have TGT rival challenges in FH3.

Probably someone a lot bigger than just that

Why don't you map the gear shift to the right analog stick?

because I like moving around the camera to look at my car on long drives

Just a heads up: There's a new barn find for Horizon 3. It's a Volvo 1800E

Will GTSport be good?

I recently tried setting up Prostreet so that Shift up was on the shoulder opposite from gas and shift down was opposite from brakes. It's pretty comfy to play with. At the very least try and put them on the face buttons.
I've recently done an LP on Prostreet if anyone's wants a link to it. I know at least one person from here is watching it

Probably won't be the craziest thing either.

No, not even if they fix the hoover vacuum engine noises (like their hiring of the sound engineer from Forza is an indication of that). It will still fail in some major way that's unacceptable for a modern game.

you underestimate car fanatics.

GT is still the best selling series on Sony Consoles that isnt GTA

I think GT at this point is fueled by it's legacy status.
What games have some sort of manual car repair? I know my summer car does but the racing is pretty lackluster.

well that, and almost every car fan I know has GT. My uncle's a PSCA drag racer and he plays too. one of the main reasons I got a PS4 was cause of GT

I was so salty when GT6 came out, but theres no PS4 version

I got my ps2 bundled with GT4, in a time where I only knew off videogames trough magazines and demo disks. The scale and variety of GT4 was unheard of and I had to get it.
Hell my cousing bought it, and he only legit bought like 10 games for his PS2 and he had tons of those DVD cakes full of ps2 games.

fuckin this. Scale and Variety. Thats why I continue to buy GT games over and over, cause they have so much content and I just love looking at the cars all the time.

I remember people bragging about forza for headlights, and then shit talking GT cause of the reused PS2 models. I dont mind the minor details, because I care about the car as a whole! I took so many photos of my old 300ZX in GT4 and I loved taking more in GT6!

None of which are going to be in GT:Sport, sadly.

yeah I never buy prologues.. the only game like that I bought was Ground Zeroes and that was worth it imo

But Sport is likely to be an actual game, not a Prologue.
Also, GT5 Prologue was pretty good

I was gonna wait til GT7.

What made GT5 Prologue so special?

Fingers crossed for a GT7 to even happen. If Sport tanks Kaz's ass is very likely to get a substantial beating.

For one I found the main menu to be exquisite, much better than any other GT game. The game loads in a reasonable amount of time and, IMO, drives better than GT5.

does Japan like GT?
Cause apparently, due to Persona 5, PS4 sales have been skyrocketing in the east.

It's not so much that "GT Always sells well" but it more that GT5 was a fucking burning pile of shit that burned the brand for good. GT6 was a small improvement, but still the game wasn't good.

People are down on GT Sport because the game has shown incredibly poorly the last few times Sony have shown it and even at PSX there were complaints that the new build they brought had the same sound problems and FPS drops that the previous showings had despite another graphics nerf (And the Pro version was pretty bad as well, even in VR Tour mode). If GT can't fix its fundamental problems in a game with less content, the series is pretty much done no matter what shit Kaz has on the execs

Never mind that Project CARS 2 is coming out next year with the same aims (E-Sports) but a shitload more content. That's the real one to watch

GT5 was one of the best selling titles in Japan on PS3 but GT6 flopped there. Most likely because, like before GT5 burned the brand.

Also PS4 hasn't been doing well in Japan. It had one week of good sales for FFXV (Not for Persona. No one gave a shit about Persona in buying a console for it) but it's tracking behind PS3 in lifetime sales figures by nearly half and the industry considers Japan a bust for the PS4 now. Japan won't save GT Sport. They will probably be finally playing Genki's new game on their mobiles.

Fucking Darkest Timeline when a Genki game finally gets played by a mainstream audience but it's a mobile game.

It's been a long time since 3 and 4, and most of the good will towards the series has been spent. There might be car fanatics, but they've probably gone to forza by now.

Test Drive: Eve of Destruction has repair mechanic but probably isn't what you're looking for, same for NFS:Prostreet. The only game I can think of that has parts that wear out and need replacing specifically is Street Rod (which is mediocre outside of the fact customization is damn good). OH, there's also Star Wars Pod Racing, and Street Legal Racing: Redline (Which has recently been revived by autists and it's on steam). Last update was January 3rd.

Has there been anything to this effect? Frankly there's nothing that's going to convince me to join the current gen (though Horizon does seem mighty tempting) since Genki's game they teased turned out to be mobile garbage. But GT should at least have good sounds and at least being able to freely choose what colour for my car. The issue with GT is it's languished and
rested on it's laurels even in the face of Forza getting bigger and bigger. It should be damn thankful Driveclub, Project:CUCKS, hell even Twisted Metal were pretty piss poor.

Well Genki has always teased about bringing the series back so maybe if it's popular enough they'll release a new game. Even the very least they could do is just throw it onto steam with maybe the P2W stuff cut out or reduced.

At the very fucking least they seem to be doing something unlike Namco who've seemingly abandoned Ridge Racer forever and a day. The last proper console Ridge Racer game was 7 and that was in fucking '06. We are approaching 11 years with out a Ridge Racer on consoles Unbounded doesn't count and you fucking know it. Hell only the 3DS managed to luck out with a Ridge Racer game, though I've never played it myself. They've apparently released a new mobile game called Ridge Racer Draw & Drift which I couldn't even tell you about because I was overcome by sadness before I could finish reading about it.

What bugs me the most about recent Gran Turismos is the fact they put fucking rolling starts everywhere because the console can't handle too many cars at once. Rather have worse graphics than having artificial difficulty by having to climb up the field that way

Honestly the only thing that really bothers me about modern GT is the inconsistent framerate. After Forza's solid 60fps, I just can't go back to all those framerate drops and screen tearing.
Sure the games have other problems but I can ignore them, the framerate is always at the forefront while racing though.

Asking me to solve the captcha after the file has been uploaded first and then having to reupload it sucks .

Dirt Rally has extremely basic repair system, not really what you are looking for though?

Sage for doublepost.

Setup and replay for studying.

There is more time there to shave.

The 3DS game is alright, I don't think it even recognizes Unbounded's cars or brands. The Wolfseye GT is replaced with the Lucky and Wild Evolver (a newer Mustang ripoff) among other things. It's also got a kickass sountrack.

What I don't understand is they have all the tracks in HD thanks to the mobile games like Slipstream and they refuse to release a console game with all those assets, a better UI, and some form of progression. More mind boggling, they have HD Type 4 stages, they just need to redo the engine to be more faithful to that game and release an HD version and print money as far as I'm concerned. I'd buy that shit instantly.

That's not even a racing game at that point, I don't give a shit what anyone says.

RR3ds came out before Unbounded. If it's anything like the PSP Ridge Racer's then I'd believe it's good. Unbounded didn't actually have any cars from older games outside of the Crinale, which is just called the Crinale, not a Soldat or Rivelta Crinale. The alternate colour scheme even bears the Angelus symbol too, which really drives how the fact how shit the game is. The only other ones are all DLC and just refer to them by the game they showed up in

I think Slipstream was just a down-resed version of RRVita. I thnk the issue (apart from Jap devs becoming super casuals to cater to Japan's love of mobile) is RR7 shifted 1.36m units which doesn't seem too bad, but probably didn't meet some loony market consultants predictions so they say it's a failure.

But we're in the dark time line where a new Genki racing game comes out, but it's for the phone only. I wouldn't even mind all that much but it's always this F2P shitshow. It's all quite sad.

A couple of racing games on sale
indiegala.com/store/product/f1-2016/391040
indiegala.com/store/product/street-racing-syndicate/292410

Also a few other racing games (including Dirt Rally) but those two are good

what's the racing game with most graphics that can test my RX 460 on

and works on Win7

Project CARS

looking good, i'll check it out

it didn't work, but still thanks for replying. I guess I'll just continue this save. Is there a way to increase fov?

AFAIK there an ini/xml somewhere that has an FoV value, but I don't know the limits and whether it even works in the first place.

I'm playing Spintires and I have a few questions.
How do I improve the LOD distance so I don't have all this pop-in.
Is the game limited to 1440p or can I make the internal res up to 4k? Because I'm not seeing that option in the options menu.

is this how is babby formed?

sauna

golden saunas are cool

thanks

Why do old games have such charm, what was lost along the way /ogc/?

we lost quirky random shit and gained graphics and physics

Do you even sauna?

ahh I uninstalled it, the Crew really isn't for me. Is there anything similar? Where you can just drive around and relax? I can't run FH3 and I'm already playing ETS2.

I got it in the crates for free. I dont care for mazda. next car I'm getting is the hummer tho

TDU and TDU2 can somewhat fit the bills, but with questionable physics. If that's what turned you away from The Crew, beware.

The Crew will let you roam free after only a couple of hours of forced tutorial. Then you turn the HUD off, switch to Sinewave Digital and cruise.

Fucking this, I spent most of my time cruising and taking photos. First thing I did after finishing the tutorial was drive straight to Vegas.

ayy me too that was a year ago
haven't touched it since because I bought it on such a shitty account name

Uplay and forced online we're the final deal breaker for me and the driving rubbed me the wrong way as well. Also the fact you can't change fov suck, it made me sick playing with the cockpit view.

How different is TDU2 in terms of driving?

I'm sorry bud…
The new DLC made it so you can get expensive cars in 10 "races". Check it out again sometime.

that sounds like a personal issue dude. I like when games have head tilt.

Car Mechanic Simulator, it's pretty comfy.

Well, time to go back and try again.

idk what game they're playin, but maybe it gives penalties?? like GT would occasionally give penalties for going outside the lines… WHICH WAS BULLSHIT WHEN THE AI SHOVES YOU OFF THE FUCKIN ROAD, BUT YOU GET MORE PENALTIES FOR PUSHING BACK

rFactor has corner cutting penalties, but I believe that on this particular track barely any areas are marked as corner cuts.

Besides SJ's server has corner cut penalties disabled

Games that punish you for bumping into AI are doing it wrong. Everything should be closer to Forza 4, which I feel had the best damage simulation. Basically you could push cars back(in the blue moon when somehow the Forza 4 AI grew some balls), but if you rammed into them even a little too hard you'd damage car car badly enough to make winning very difficult. That said, watching the AI fail at knocking you off the track in games is pure satisfaction.

Anyone else incapable of reverse parking?
Only time I ever did it was on my road test in a tiny subcompact, but my crown vic just won't fit, and I always have to go forwards. Embarrassing!

I can if I have to, but I mostly play it safe and park nose first, then back out.

speakin of,
I've been driving for years and I'm still terrified to death of Parallel parking. Cost me my first drivers test and almost my 2nd too. I was a good 2 feet from the curb, but I drove well enough everywhere else to pass.

Early Ridge Racers punish you by drastically dropping your speed yet weirdly you need to learn how to abuse that to stay in front of Lizard Nightmare.

Nah, I always reverse park. It's not that hard after some practice and it makes leaving the spot super easy.

Anyone else remember the Tonka games, or hell Tonka in general?

I had the tonka construction game and also the Fire and Rescue one, with the Keyboard add-on thing

I was a Tonka autist as a kid, I had almost all the games. Tonka Raceway, Tonka Garage (where you could build vehicles for Raceway IIRC), Tonka Construction 1 and 2 and the last Tonka I can remember off the top of my head was Tonka Space Station.

I'm thinking of some choro q games, what do you recommend, and should I emulate if i get the chance?

Hell yeah. I had one game that was search and rescue themed and another that was construction themed.

I also had a bunch of tonka trucks

Penny Racers on the N64 is a good place to start. It's a bit grindy belive it or not.
Then you can move on to the Choro Q ps2 games, and they live up to the name CaRPG. You have to talk to people(cars) to get shit, do quests to get parts and it'll eat up your time like a motherfucker.

the jp ps2 versions or the english ones?

I'm not in the know about the JP versions. I only played the EU release, the story isn't very important. However some ChoroQ games were never released in the west, play the western releases first and if you like what you played, look up the games that weren't translated. The ps2 series can be summed up as
It gets samey if you binge play it, so be careful not to burn yourself out if you're on the fence about liking the genre or not.

Shit, it did? Man, shows how much I know. I thought it was after. Unbounded did have the original Ridge Racer mobile as DLC, I thought.

That would explain why there's so much detail at least. I do wish we could see a console/PC release with wheel support using those assets though. Since they're already paid for, if they charged like $15 for it just to have no timers and wheel support, I'd buy it even though I prefer Type 4's handling system. I recently emulated the arcade versions of Ridge Racer and Rave Racer with my wheel and those were still great.

Project Cars, but it's going to eat your 460 alive thanks to an nVidia bias.

Not as far as I played of the one on PS2. You can talk to people, but there's no RPG aspect outside of an overworld to get to shops and random useless NPCs. Everything else was "Go home, select race, race, get money, buy parts, race again". It was too samey for me, but I didn't play for very long and you start the game going very slow.

Tonka was great.

I'm pretty sure you could port the cars you made over and upgrade them in Raceways too I just played it for LP purposes and it has a load from disc option. It's pretty cool and probally the best example of getting shit from playing previous games I can think of.

Far as I recall for PS2 there's Roadtrip adventures, ChoroQ, and Seek and Destroy (which is about tanks this time).

Unbounded had the Kamata Fiera and RC410 and Assoluto Bisonte as Ridge Racer, Type 4 and Ridge Racer 7 (REAL FUCKING CREATIVE).

I'm not sure that it's a Down-res'd RRVita, but that thing tanked so it'd make sense to try and get some investment money back by throwing it on mobile. Of course i'd love it the just put PSP Ridge Race 2 using 6's physics and nitrous or fucking anything that's not unbounded.

Also ChoroQ is all about doing quests and talking to other cars. It certinly skews heavier to the classic RPG side of things

Also forgot to mention some anons on some different threads pointed out Brick Rigs and Switch Cars and seem like the kind of thing someone here might be interested in.

Those are the ones.
I just want my Prophetie.

The one called ChoroQ in the US doesn't have any quests. Granted, I only played for like 30 minutes and did a few cup races, but there wasn't anything to do in Town. I gave up because it was boring as shit at that point. Maybe the other ones are more CaRPG oriented than that one.

Remember they didn't call them by either name and just went by what game they came from. I loved the Prophetie because it had the highest top speed (except maybe the Starnose but fuck controlling that shit). Age made some pretty good cars like the Ultranova that breaks the game over it's knee with ultimate charge rate. And the Kids are also good.

And here's a walkthrough for ChoroQ
gamefaqs.com/ps2/921351-choroq/faqs/61707

Huh. There is shit to do in town. Who knew?

Nah man, the Prophetie is great because of Type 4 and GRIP. It turns like a motherfucker and doesn't slide. It powers up hills. It recovers beautifully. It looks fantastic. It's the starter car that I can keep driving if I fuck up enough to not get a better car for the next set of qualifiers.

Okay, that last bit isn't actually a selling point, but it's not a bad car. Seriously, I feel like a retarded broken record every time I say this, but if you play Type 4 with PCSX-PGXP and a wheel using padGnneco, it's amazing. That thing out turns sharp as fuck and never loses grip, it feels like. I mean, technically, all the Age cars do that but I was the most surprised by the sharpness I could achieve with the wheel in the Prophetie. I want to get better at using the paddles to shift because I really think I can do some good records with it if I can get it to go faster.

It's actually kinda funny going back to the PSP games and trying to ultimate charge.

The PSP games aren't bad by any means, I just don't like them as much. I'm awful at actually playing those games and drifting properly so I never spent a lot of time in them. I did get good at running Heaven and Hell forward and backward thanks to playing it in Ridge Racer 2 (PSP) and Type 4.

Are there any ways to map it so theres no longer any sensitivity in the PS4 controllers, or do I gotta open it up and fix it myself??

Is that when you're not pushing? In that case, literally look over to the right and set a deadzone on your triggers.

If it's that you cannot go 100%, perhaps there is a way to setup a max cap lower than the hardware max, perhaps by using the conveniently located Curve tab to edit the curves so you get 100% virtual output at 90% hardware output

no, thats me pushing down as far as possible. Changing the deadzones didnt seem to do anything…

Yeah, deadzones should be used when an input is registered when the trigger is left alone. I'd check the Curves tab on the right and try to edit the R2 curve until it works.

Or just take apart and see if you can fix it.

actually, it ended up being Sensitivity. I just wasnt paying attention hard enough. Curve was actually meant for the Sticks, and I'm not sure yet what it means either.

I'll be sure to test this in the morning when I wake up tho. Glad I figured this out tho

Nice find, I would have though sensitivity measured something else.

How did your stage go this week in the monthly event /ogc/? Personally I was fairly satisfied with the performance, though I am fucking perplexed as to how PorkHammer gets so fast times with objectively worse car when compared to all the competitors.

Also

Photo mode touches up graphics
FH3 does but don't get it it's shit.

I'm great at parking thankfully, i have great spatial awareness.

too late
also i'm loving it and blizzard mountain is dope

fucking hell, I need a new webm maker. I made a 720p 1min30sec video from this gameplay in 7mb earlier, but it wasnt long enough so I kept lowering the quality, but now it wont go above 1 minute….

maybe you lowered the quality some more but disabled the framerate limiter or some shit. the video feels very smooth

you drive like a chinese woman
Are you reencoding from an already heavily lossy capture? Also just learn to use ffmpeg

in modern days, higher frame rate doesn't actually increase file sizes that much since h264 and any newer codec can reference neighbouring frames, in some extremely rare cases where the motion vector algorithm fucks up at a low frame rate a high frame rate can even decrease file size.

WHAT THE FUCK?! WHY IS THIS HAPPENING FOR GOD'S SAKE?

Interesting, thanks. I'm a complete idiot at webming.

theres no option for a framerate limiter…

nah its straight from my shadowplay. I'll upload the un-resized webm in a second, when its done converting. here's my current settings. I turned on 2-pass as well

I just want to drive around, for fuck's sake.

If you want to make good videos you have to get a basic understanding of things. i don't use that program so i don't know how to make stuff better using it, but by the conversion progress window i can tell it's a frontend for ffmpeg.
I don't know if shadowplay itself supports it since i use OBS, but if you have a pascal gpu it supports hardware accelerated lossless encoding which means shadowplay's own little-to-nothing performance impact with a perfect video capture. Otherwise you should tell shadowplay to encode at the highest bitrate and quality setting possible and it should be able to work with any compatible gpu at 60fps unless your res is 1440p+.

the notification goes away after a while… at least it did for me..

I was hype for that GTR too ;__;

yeah it comes with ffmpeg but opening that just pulls up a black window that closes itself almost immediately

also, this is the uncompressed 1080 (unless simply converting to WebM compresses as well)

How the fuck does OBS even work. I tried using it and it ran worse than FRAPS with lossy setting and it didn't record at a steady 60fps, there were so many hiccups in the recording.

What encoder are you using?
if you got shadowplay like me, you can actually use THAT's encoder in OBS, which causes almost no slowdown.

I dont have geforce experience installed. I don't want to give nvidia my email.

First thing to note, racing webms typically has a lower quality due to the fact that each frame moves much faster than other vidya.
Second thing to note is that to get the most bang for your buck, calculate out the size of the webm using a bitrate converter. Holla Forums's limit is 12MB, so you've got plenty of space to work with.
If you're looking for encoders: for Nvidia use Shadowplay, for AMD use PlaysTV.

Bitrate.

It comes with the drivers.

HOT DAMN. I thought it was still 8. Lemme try again then

I'm also upset at how the game shows me a sick-ass old chevy and then I find out it's meme credits only. Or season pass.
Fucking jews.
Good shit.

I bought the season pass, so I dont mind

I'M JUST MAD THAT I BOUGHT IT AND WILD RUN A WEEK BEFORE CALLING ALL UNITS CAME OUT, WHICH INCLUDES WILD RUN

yes and I don't update my drivers that much ever since nvidia caused my system to bootloop last year.
I also only install the drivers no extra bullshit.

I just want them to shut the fuck up since both WR and CAU look unappealing as shit to me. The only DLC I might even look at is the one with McLaren F1 and even that is p doubtful.

Shadowplay has been a thing since 2013.

Shameless plug to >>>/webm/ , the board is dead but the information is still relevant.

ffmpeg is a commandline utility, you have to open it from CMD.

It comes with nvidia's drivers, geforce experience is just if you want to use shadowplay.

OBS isn't just plug n play, it requires some manual configuration (from the interface). You're probably not using a hardware accelerated encoder which shadowplay is built around, and fraps just sets the software encoder to some really low quality setting that anything can encode with no issue.

A note, shadowplay isn't an encoder. It's just a program for video capture, nvidia's hardware encoder integrated into their gpus is called "NVENC" and it can encode to h264, or if you have a newer gpu h265 aswell.

Stop being 16, you'll get better at driving.

FUCK IT. turning up quality, lowering the SHIT out of the resolution.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it only added 30 seconds. what the fuck…

Here's a quick test, at that length and this file size there really isn't much one can do unless the video isn't complex.

Best Racing game on PC right now is __?

I went with what you said with your last post and played the n64 one im getting choroq ps2 in about 2-6 day via amazon
motherfucker

simulator: rfactor
arcade: underground 1 and 2 every day until you like it, specially if you install mods that enhance the AI
simcade: the first GRID
sci-fi arcade: i don't know many but i really like nitronic rush

Carmageddon because fuck you, I like throwing the big one out of my window to pedestrians that think road belongs to anyone but me.

I loved that game. Is the remake shit?

It's basically carmageddon HD. Rather CPU-heavy, ped hunting is even worse than before because average ped count now floats in 300-400 numbers(from 200 on beach patrol to 870 in bleak city), car driving is pretty much same stuff as it ever was.
Multiplayer is dead tho. Fuck that shit.

it's pretty much just more Carmageddon. Feels very similar to 1 in both good and bad. Peds and powerups on the other hand are more like 2's. Soundtrack is okay, but you can mod in the older games' music so it's nice. The way they managed to increase performance from Reincarnation to Max Damage is magic, but you can see it if you try both. It's a miracle that it runs solid 30 fps on PS4 too.
Still waiting for the actual DRM-free release.

It's always been pretty high, just check a few of the original carma's levels.

It never really exceeded 200 from my memory, even 2 didn't go into that ballpark.

Maim Street, the very first level of Carma 1, has 527 peds. It's always been -the- challenge.

Look up Gadget racers, it's in the same vein.

So what do you anons think of the Grand Tour playing Forza Horizon 3?
Yeah I know streams are cancer but this gave me a few keks.
Especially when they mentioned they play Gran Turismo

It was alright. I would prefer to see how they would do with a wheel, since it might've came more natural to them that way.

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP

Also, yet another fucking stage canceled in Dakar Rally. Fucking two wheelers ruining fun for everyone.

Talking about Carma, here's the mod I made that changes the music.
Includes every track from C1, SP and C2.
my.mixtape.moe/pprtey.zip
Extract to Carmageddon Max Damage/ZAD_AUDIO folder.

It's alright, just try and avoid comparing it to 2. My gripes are balance is wonky and seems to favor the AI, speaking of. The ai is also hot trash and focus more on you then whatever in classic carma or even a specific event. Also I find high speed physics lacking, so it's probably for the best that only a few cars or modes promote driving fast. It was a fantastic deal as an early access game though even at 50 bucks, you probably won't feel to regretful picking it up for $20 or less in a sale..

ChoroQ's tend to focus more on the RPG aspect and less the racing. But don't worry as you can get parts that triviallze the racing section

I knew the GT bit was going to come. It's pretty cool they did the stream though.

Why don't they just fly to Dakar if they're gonna keep canceling stages because they're too tough.

Nice work user, even changed the name in the ticker. Though I do have to say it's quite quiet. Not sure if you edited the songs any but a few decible bump wouldn't hurt.

Bumping with UG2 music because fuck you, it's great.

I'm 22.

reported for bullying

friendly reassembler post

I'm sure it's a problem with the game itself, I didn't touch the songs. In Reinc the music worked fine in the first place. All I can say is halve the volume of everything but music and general, then add volume through Windows. I'm still waiting for the fix, because this seems to be often an issue, but seems to differ a lot from everything being quiet as shit to just certain things being quiet as shit. In my (and probably your) case it's the music.

Comfy as fug.

Frankly speaking I think they should consider making separate stage for two wheeled vehicles in Dakar. Yes, it would break the tradition of having all the vehicles drive the same route but this is just ruining the whole thing now that the drivers are getting so much more rest. Just how the fuck is anyone supposed to beat Loeb and others that are driving Peugeots now that their chances of making mistakes is getting to near zero due to drivers and navigators getting that much rest?

Is RBR worth giving a try? Why the fuck is Redbull making a article about RBR modding? Why are they so involved in sports? Weren't they supposed to be just some energy drink company? redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331788962817/insid-the-continued-success-of-richard-burns-rally-pc-game-by-modding

I would buy Dirt Rally, but they are on my no buylist, but I might pirate rally one day.

I was a big fan of Grid back then, and when Grid 2 got released for pre order I instantly bought into it. But the actual game turned out to be pretty shit, with no cockpit view and some weird ass physics and gay multiplayer rules. And as if all of that wasn't bad enough they also add pay 2 win dlc.

Comfy overload. I may have to stay in bed all day snuggled up watching this series.

RBR is def worth giving a try, very good albeit unforgiving game.

I think RB is so invested in sports (and eventually e-sports and video games) because it's a good marketing tool. Not hard to imagine 4 years of dominating the pinnacle of motorsport sold a lot of cans. It's modern, it's hype.

Overall they have a very aggressive marketing scheme. Back when I was still in engineering school, RB would sponsor many events. The year before I came in, they made a sponsored even with JEV and an STR showcar. And twice while I was still there, they ran "pit stop challenges" which were basically time trial wheel changes.

La Niña's one hell of a puta

post twingo

These are so nice to watch. Bless Jeremy.

On the subject of bikes, are there any good motorcycle games?

You mean James, right?

I've heard of people here talking about RIDE (not to be confused with a Codemasters game) as being pretty decent

PAY DENBT FIN

RBR will crush your dreams and hopes like crashing against a truck

I wasn't expecting this level of philosophy from a garden shed program.

Welcome to the world of 'Murketing'
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murketing
robwalker.net/contents/jm_redbull.html
lunarlodge.wordpress.com/2016/10/06/red-bull-music-academy-blues/

tl;dr (or tl;dw with embed): It doesn't matter how awkwardly co-opting of tiny niches, the Marketing Department is dedicated to exposing as many people to your brand as possible. No Exceptions.

Redbull has been sponsoring people since the early 90's. I don't think their energy drink became popular until the early 00's. They got huge arms into everything.
It's pretty cancerous. They give you huge sums of money but make you flash their logo any chance they can get. Getting so sick of the SAME livery they use on EVERY FUCKING CAR/TRUCK/VEHICLE/PLANE/CHOPPER/BOAT they own.

buy redbull pls

That SuperTwingo works really well, just needs steelies and maybe some touching up

I think the game reduces the music when in-game so that's probably causing more issues. Doesn't really matter since I'm probably not gonna play much since Multiplayer is ded and the AI is trash.

I think it's less that RIDE is decent, more it's the only thing available outside of emulating Tourist Trophy.

(Checked)
At least Redbull has a decent livery (outside of the Infinity F1 car's Rorschach test). Certinly way better then Monster's stupid three jagged lines.

Dirt Showdown free you niggers

Is the DIRT series dying or something??

A overall not so good game, but I'd say okay if you get it for free.

advertisement for dirt rally 2, or they the time is ticking for that game's license?

OK but for real, this is the 2nd DIRT game for free in 2 months. whats goin on

Waaaait, what else was free?

They're likely trying boost brand awareness for some kind of project.
Maybe it's DLC for DiRT Rally, maybe it's DiRT Rally 2, maybe it's nothing.

Codemasters is taking down games, first GRID, Dirt 3 and F1 2013, woner what's next

Dirt 3 Complete was free last month too

I havent even installed it yet

I retrieved that one too, I thought they gave it for free to all the people who owned dirt 3.

Nice, been wanting to try this there's not way in hell this will come close to Test Drive:Eve of Destruction

Also for the one user asking, DIRT is probably doing pretty well if they keep handing out the old games (though do note how they've only given out the ones people tend not to like, see DiRT 3).

Well, probably Showdown.

I remember reading an interview with a codemaster dev, shortly after Rally came out about how they were in the black for the first time in years.

I've never owned a Dirt game in my life. it was a Free Humble Store game last month too

My favorite crash derby game is the attached one. I don't know if you can tell, but I fucked up the cd so bad that my xbox wouldn't read it anymore. I don't know if it's just nostalgia, but I just had so much fun in that game with my brother that I to this day still buy those crash derby games even thought they all suck.

It's just the weird ass physics that made the game fun. You could drive towards someone and then drift and hit them with your cars rear and they would fly into the air doing backflips and shit.

Realism and shit is nice and all, but sometime this casual arcade shit is fun too.

Looks an awful lot like Flatout, have you ever given that a try? Also Crash N' Burn or Destruction Derby Arenas might be more to your taste. And of course Test Drive: Eve of Destruciton, so nice, I'll pimp it twice. Rumble Racing could also be a contender but it's more an arcade kart racing game.

My melanin enriched brother

For a lazy fuck that can't be assed on signing up to "Not so Humble" Bundle.

Mirrored
EBBGN-8YPYK-2PNC2

La Niña?

original pic: hmoob-phaj-ej.deviantart.com/art/La-Nina-NFSMW-Final-161392992

pure bliss man…

Who /beetleadventureracing/ here?

/why are you posting like that?/

Because he's a gigantic faggot.

Holy shit, yeah. I was a bit sleepy when I posted that.
Now I want to see Jeremy fix things while basically insulting every aspect of the machines.

Dell has some Thrustmaster wheels on sale in the US. Anyone know how good the cheapass 458 wheel for Xbone is compared to the TMX? I was thinking about picking up a T150 since I have a PS4 and PSVR, and I already have a G920 for some PC games, want to test the T150 against it. Figured if the 458 is good enough as an entry wheel, I can get one for my brother.

Catch-up, not even once.

it's worse on the highways, you could've been redlining for 30 seconds and those faggots catch up to you only to knee cap their pace once they're in front.
Once the first corner comes they almost always paul walker themselves into the closest tree.

It was extremely horseshit levels of fuck in that one early-ish race where you're a dirt spec against a fucking perf continental because it's perfectly fucking fine to give a giant fucking stretch of empty highway to a car that does 200MPH without any tuning already and you're stuck here in a not-so-rally car. And then catch-up kicks the fuck in.

Codemasters said it's to do with car licensing contracts. Apparently the classic mode in F1 2013 cost them a fucking ton of money to do so they only negotiated a really short contract (Supposedly they were looking into doing a "Classic F1" game at the time and that was a warmup. They backed off hard when they saw the cost to do it) while DIRT and GRID getting removed sounds a lot like the Forza Horizon 3 issue where VW won't negotiate a new license while Diselgate is ongoing (And they are getting fucked hard in court) and VW is well represented in those Codemasters games.

Shitty situation, but at least Codemasters are giving people a chance to get the games before they go.

I would imagine the Need For Speed games will start disappearing in the next year as well.

All the more reason Ridge Racer should come back with it's fake cars. No need to renew licences.

I can't for the life of me find Prostreet for sale or anything before it. So I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't already. Also wasn't the Porsche/EA deal finishing in 2016? That's gonna be plenty fun. Sucks licensers are such kikes Remember when Genki went by Chassis codes for Zero? Good times

We both know it's a duel edged sword. They could say fuck licencing cars and make up their own for some savings (and also not have to hold themselves to company's bullshit demands like little to no damage modeling). But they won't attract the sim autist crowd who can't even get it up if it's not real.

Who cares about sim autists? I just want more arcade bullshit. I'm tired of all the new games being sims or simcade. Give me some good old fashioned arcade horsing around and some new tracks and different cars. Give me an improved Type 4 graphically with other tracks. Give me liberty or give me death.

Seriously, what happened to arcade racers? Did they die with Flatout and Burnout? NFS tried to be more simcade at the end, but I think it's kinda back to arcade, right? Is there just no money in arcade racers anymore?

They're in arcades still.
I just want a new Outrun

because they were made by teams with unique visions and personal care for the game they made. injecting personality and humor along with their main work. now that gaming has become a cash grab, it's just drone programmers painting by the numbers their bosses tell them to, no soul allowed.

Well, there goes that dream. No arcades around me, really. Especially not one that would have new racers.
>I just want a new Outrun
I've never played an Outrun game. Should I start with the original? Is it okay to play the Open-Source interpreter version? Should I just play Coast2Coast?

Outrun 2006 is probably the best you can get since it's basically straight arcade port with extra stuff on it.
Life was a bo~ore

You got suckered too, huh?

Checking these double dubs.
I always say you should start with the original, but that depends on whether or not you're okay with sprites and the whole Super Scaler thing. Who knows? You might like the outliers like Turbo Outrun or Outrun 2019. Or at least the music; holy shit the series has some good music. The ones not handled by "US" Gold, at least.

holy christ I forgot about those. pic related was one of the first three games I ever played (the others being Midtown Madness and NFSIII Hot Pursuit, go figure)

The music licenses for all their old games are expiring, so they're just giving them out for free before they're forced to take them down.

What was the last decent Ridge Racer? It seems like everything released in the past 10 years is the same damn game with autopilot drifting.

Small friendly reminder
Saturday 14 January (aka tomorrow) we are having a race.
The mods used are VTCC and the Norisring
Start 20:00 UTC
VTCC
Norisring
mediafire.com/file/isq88qw7djgeccu/rF_Norisring2009_v1.0.rar
We are most likely doing Race 1 with qualifications and Race 2 with reversed grid, both races long 15 minutes.

Oh, cool. Better then Rockikes gimping the game. Codemasters has been on point recently, did they change CEO or something?

Ridge Racer 7 is the last one (I hate to break it to you but Type 4 is an anomaly with it's non-rollercoaster drifting and V is the last one that isn't all drifting) that was a proper release and that was 11 years now. Shit sucks and it's never gonna change.

Since it seems relevant, I noticed an Anti-Grav racer during the Switch presentation. It's only there for a second but better then nothing. Sorry to F-Zero fans though as it seems to be a sequel or port of FAST Racing Neo **And I mean Nintendo's not stupid enough to not mention if they were working on it. Fucking NMH3 (Hyped, for the soundtrack if nothing else) got a teaser.

I'm LPing them if you want to relive nostalgia.

I suppose the games have been selling slowly enough that it's not worth it to rework them just to kill music. Probably unlike the GTAs.

And there's a whole argument about whether it's better to cut a few bits here and there and keep selling the game forever and ever, or stopping sales and rendering the game forever impossible to own without resorting to piracy.

Anyone watching the new episode of the The grand tour, the bit where jeremy reviews the alfa romeo is the most Top Gear thing they've done.
I'm really liking the tail end of this season, a lot more than the start.

How long before is the server going to open up for practice?

I believe it will be up tomorrow a few hours before the beginning (times are yet TBC) so download the mods and practice offline

Alfa Romeo a meme

Clarkson benis.

granny cock is exactly why I watch car shows

best episode in a while

Dakar is ogre. They are going to cancel more stages aren't they during this year? Sure sucks to get your village rekt day before Dakar is supposed to come through though. Sage for offtopic.

mesmerizing LPs btw

and a lot more popular than the ProStreet one for some reason

It could actually be a nice comfy driving game. If only Test Drive Unlimited wasn't shit

Forza TGT game confirmed

I don't think many people are buying GTA:SA these days.

It's a lose/lose situation for publishers honestly. Either you take the game down due to kikes and the only way someone has to obtain it is via piracy (or claiming it as abandonware). Or you take the offending bits out if possible but then people will go and pirate the game with the content still in or be forced to use a mod to fix it. Then it becomes No sales vs extremely low sales. One means no one can buy them anymore, but on the other hand you can chop it up to keep selling it, but lose fans who will be angry over the decision.

This seems like Ross's Game Dungeon would have a field day with this dilemma (I think his Battle-something video goes into it among others)

I think the reason for them getting better is part them brushing off rust/getting use to how they're doing things. Another reason is them having gotten all the old jokes out of the way so now they can move onto new material.

Not quite Nirvana's Nevermind album cover is it? Is Motorstorm the only racing game to feature Nirvana?

Thanks, can't say why Prostreet didn't get a ton of views even apart from my low sub count probably had to do with the fact I didn't put a space between Play and Need so that probably threw off the search till around episode 8 when I noticed it. I think it probably struck a chord with the recommend feature. Search and Rescue is more my normal view count. Raceway is going to be the last Tonka Game I do unless someone has an .iso for Garage. It's proving to be a bitch to record though even though I don't need to run it though dosbox to play it. It should work fine once I run it like I did with S&R though, I just need to get around to re-recording the damn thing.

54.6xx lap and associated setup

web.archive.org/save/http://8ch.net/v/res/11645129.html
web.archive.org/web/20170113225450/http://8ch.net/v/res/11645129.html
archive.is/6pXOZ
archiving this

>That banter over Jennifer by Allman Brothers

The Alfa looks fucking sexy.

Looks like I gotta go FASTER obs doesn't like rFactor it seems

Jesus christ DiRT showdown is terrible. I'm drunk off my ass and can barely type this out. By all means get it for free but if you want real Demo Derby action look elsewhere **even Mayhem for the 360 does a lot better. after like 10 minutes of playing I turned on the Rob Zombie and stopped caring.

lel, yes it really is bad. As I have said here
Not a good game, but if you get it for free it's okay I guess.

is dirt rally any good?

I believe Le Mans 24 for the Playstation 2 does that, but you start at the bottom of the field regardless of class

Don't forget about the VTCC race today at 20:00 pm GMT/ 15:00 pm EST at Norisring

Track: download1350.mediafire.com/ave4hglse44g/isq88qw7djgeccu/rF_Norisring2009_v1.0.rar
VTCC 2012:
Server info:
autogamescoalition.liveracers.info/Live/?server=OGC: VTCC (server will go up around an hour before the race)
Password: 8ch

FWD setup(Volvo setup so adjust gears accordingly for another car)
Lap for studying(Noris is a simple track though)
youtube.com/watch?v=MGGa9k5KkXo

Another FWD setup(mine) with a .vcr of a low 55 lap(New record of mine is 54.700)

==TWO HOURS== until qualifying!

autogamescoalition.liveracers.info/Live/?server=OGC: VTCC

Server is up? Awesome.

BACK TO 4CHAN

BULLSHIT

What is the best/comfiest game to play with a wheel?

It's ok, I'm sure I'll fuck up during qualy.

Hectic as always. Will we ever get through T1 clean?

Of course no

quality ogc racecraft

Such comfy music.

Now this is touring car racing!

someone has their suspension toohard

Best game is Ridge Racer Type 4. Comfiest depends. I can get pretty comfy just doing laps in rFactor where as ETS2 is stressful sometimes. You might also enjoy playing Project CARS with wheel. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the running start races because they don't give me control until part way through and that's kind of annoying.

Is project cars better than asseto corsa?

I haven't played Assetto Corsa, but I remember the general opinion from others here say that while it looked like it should be a better sim than PCars, PCars ultimately was the better engine and better support and that AC was actually fucked in some ways. I'd recommend PCars if it's on sale/pirate it just to get good FFB results out of the wheel.

I bought asseto corsa and I can't remember why I chose it, but now I regret it. The cars slide all over the place even at low speeds, changing the course and car doesn't change anything. The car also moves at the slightest touch and it gave my head and eyes cancer. Also the hands on the wheel keep teleporting when I let go of it, and it triggered my autism. Can't control the menu with the wheel, either.

Smash that mf refund button tbh smh fam

I've never experienced any of the problems you described with PCars, so it's got that going for it at least.

I tried Outrun 2006. That was some horseshit, and no FFB at all to control the motor in my G920. I also felt like I couldn't turn well. It's a good looking game at 1080p, all things considered though. But I think I'll stick to Ridge Racer and come back to it later.

yes.

Outrun2006 is casual as fuck, pushed by casuals jumping on the Sega arcade love train without actually having played any of Sega's GOOD racing games.

its supposed to be
FUN

I got more hours out of emulating Daytona USA 2 than playing that snorefest.

I refuse to play Cuck Girlfriend-pleasing Simulator.

Nah I actually love the game.

IIRC there's a patch for the PC version that supposedly helps fix FFB and this sort of shit, if you haven't tried it already

They made several truck league mods for Rfactor and Race07

It's pretty annoying for being casual as fuck. Am I better off trying to emulate Sega Rally or Daytona?

Nice, I'll have to look for that. I also need to calibrate the wheel somehow because it felt like it was just off center.

Okay, found the mod for FFB and shit, but it doesn't load. I get a nice generic error about not being able to open a file, and it doesn't even tell me which file is fucked up.

Apparently, you can't use the fix with Japanese Locale set on Windows. There goes playing my Visual Novels, I guess.

Haven't unlocked any new cars, but man the physics are just wonky as fuck. How are you even supposed to drift? I mash break, turn hard, and goose it, and it decides to send me into a wall straight ahead rather than slide me around the turn like the AI.

time for some classic mediocre low budget 2000s racing action

Are you drifting like Daytona? I just tap the brake and turn for Outrun.

I tried tapping the brake and that did fuck all for me. Never turned quite right, or could never carry momentum through a sharp turn unlike the AI. Downloaded a complete save to try out other cars and it only sorta helped.

Yeah I'd recommend doing that anyway since the way credits are awarded is nearly bipolar.

It's finicky you have to tape the brake for just long enough to drift, but not too long that you'll gimp your speed.

Yeah, that's what I just discovered trying it again. Tapping brake means fuck all, hold brake means you lose speed, but somewhere between those two is a sweet spot that sometimes gets your car to drift.

If it weren't for that, I'd probably like the game more. It's pretty comfy as is to just drive around even with your girlfriend's requests and traffic getting in the way.

Do anti-grave racing games fit in here as well or should I start a separate thread.

Was considering buying this:
But its early access. I have massive itch for playing wipeout and its developed by the same team? Any recommendations?

get ballistic ballisticNG for the low low price of free

I've heard good things, and it looks good in general, but if you want to get the Wipeout itch scratched for cheap, emulate or get BallisticNG, which now has netplay and is free on Steam.

Speaking of good stuff, is Redout any good? I'm thinking of being a good goy and getting a new nVidia card and the midrange ones can give me Redout with the card purchase.

redout is just fast racing neo but with corners

redout starts as f-zero with a few gimmicks, but mid-late game it goes full f-zero and it doesn't let off, the tracks get madder and longer.
It's great.

That sounds fun, I liked FRN even though I'm shit at it and never played Hero Mode. I think I got to the last cup on HyperSonic before I stopped.

Actual F-Zero games kick my ass though. I'll keep that in mind, worst case scenario is it's not for me and I still have decent hardware. It's not like Outrun can't be played on it.

tracks dont really change if anything your car goes even faster, but there's no cool skips you can do because going actually fast isn't considered fun by the devs

Redout is amazing but I'd wait for the devs to implement all the features they promised. There's also a bug in the current build that makes the timer go slower the higher fps you have meaning all the challenges and online records are invalid.

How?

i just told you. the higher framerate you have, the slower the ingame timer runs. you can try this by turning everything to minimum to get +300 fps and easily shave several seconds from your best times.

No, how do you manage to even make it go slower with higher framerates. I've heard it going faster, but now slower.

why it happens you have to ask from someone else.

It might be a bug that it's trying to compensate for higher frames by not ticking the timer up as much and the compensation gets larger the higher you go so that it gets out of whack. I don't really know though.

There's more features coming? Neat. I also paid idort bucks and have a PSVR, so I'd like to get that working with SteamVR at some point to get the most out of the headset as well.

What's the next VTCC race? Wanna start practicing.

I don't want to have to stick with old ass games, but I guess I have to.

I couldnt get into project cars. like it was nice, but for some reason, I didnt understand the campaign, and if everything is unlocked at the start, I didnt really have a point to play… this is an issue I've always had. I get bored if I can't unlock something…

user, I don't think video games are for you.

Did it give you any specific errors? I also assume the demo is out of date, but I could be wrong. It just werks on my system, and I even have an AMD card.

I changed some settings and then it wouldn't launch anymore. It'd just show the splash screen and send me back to the desktop even though it kept running.

;___; I'm still having fun with The Crew… The Camera mode keeps me occupied with the cars I have now…

though now that I think about it…

wew, excellent coding. Wonder what the fuck broke. If you did want to buy PCars and see if the real thing worked, it's $10 on Humble Store. The demo's not a great sign though.

Well, if unlocking things is fun for you, maybe you should unlock all 321 cars in RRT4? Or I guess you can play GT4 if you have a beefy CPU for PCSX2. There's even wheel support now, though I haven't tested it because I'm an arcadefag.

Someone should have told me about this before I blew $30 on asseto corsa. I'm retarded and shouldn't be allowed near money.

Sorry, just remembered to check since people had been saying the Codemasters games were on sale too.

I already unlocked everything on PS2 GT4. I'm not doin that again.

My dad found out I accidentally skipped school on a monday cause I accidentally A-Spec'd a 24 hour Les Mans challenge and refused to pause. He was mad for about 3 minutes until I explained why I skipped

The 1885 Dalmer Benz was so disappointing to drive…

Also, I unlocked HALF the cars in PSP GT but my psp's screen broke. when I sent it in to SONY, the "fixed" PSP wouldn't load the save, because the save has to match the exact PSP ID.

it sucks cause when I got my vita, I immediately downloaded GT, but then remembered I'd have to unlock everything again, and GT PSP's dealership system is SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Holy fucking shit I remember rumble racing

How the dealership system works

The Dealership only shows about 4 manufacturers, each only having about 12 cars at the time. If the manufacturer has MORE cars, then you need to wait til they show up again.

The Manufacturers change every 2 days, as in, 2 game plays (activating any game mode. resetting or replaying in-game will not add another day, but going to the main menu to change cars or even quitting before a race even starts WILL count as a day)

The dealership take 90+ "days" to cycle. the cycles are entirely different depending on which of the 10 cars you picked at the beginning of the game.

Oh hey, it's you. I've read you post that before. You also claimed to know how to use a piss-bottle because of that.

I fucking hate PSP specific saves. That shit drives me up the wall. You can also try Ridge Racer 2 on PSP since that should have nearly every car in Ridge Racer and a bunch of tracks to unlock.

Mother fucker, what. Why would anyone play that game? That's just a bitch to unlock things in.

kek. XG should have been in that. Breaking the sound barrier is a neat touch, despite it not actually doing anything.

I can't tell if you're pleased or if you think they're high.

I spent all my money on steam and can't afford these cheap games now.

>wanted to buy more shit, until I remembered I got a $30 patreon thing on the 1st of Feb, and I dont get my next paycheck til Feb 3rd

RIP thread

So what racing sim has the best 1970-90 Gr. A touring cars mods?

Nigga, never just blow money without checking for deals first. Now you're just asking for an almost smug anime girl.

You are also most definitely asking for an almost smug anime girl. Unless you body a hugging pillow and Reiko as a pillow cover, you did this to yourself.

I checked everywhere I knew, but I didn't even know humble bundle had a store, I thought it was just that one shitty bundle they have at the front page
I spent 2 hours checking for deals but got fucked over by my own autism anyway

RACE 07 or rFactor is your best bet. We used to run 80's Gr. A back in 2015 during the summer.

There's only one game I want but it hasn't been on sale once since it came out last February so I'm not spending my money. I need to put my money first towards more important shit like food rather than vidya.

PUMP

Perhaps you can find the old MAC and use PPSSPP to load your PSP savegame.

THAT'S NOT HOW YOU PUMP AT ALL
I'm confused as to why anyone likes Rotterdam Nation. It's just annoying

Anyways it's been a plesure shitposting, see you all next thread

Can we vote for tracks? I'd love to do an endurance event at Bathurst (say one 45min race).

Next VTCC race is Tsukuba the 21 of January:
mega.nz/#!KQNkELIS!Nh7lXuYvLZPi83lDgVaYXSqMLZPqfAJaRpgP4OcRx8M

No endurances, we do two 15min sprint races, the second with reversed grid.
The tracks are randomly picked from a pool, if you want to propose one you can get on the Discord and ask there The link is in the email field

New bread:

How likely is it that Daytona USA 3 will get a port, and what's the best Daytona game.